PDA

View Full Version : Musical Inclinations

Fish
08-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Are any of you fine folks musical? If so, what gear do you have and what kind of music do you play?

I'm primarily a bass player (hence the name), I've played both orchestral double bass and bass guitar for nearly 9 years now. Right now, I have:

Peavey Millenium 4 AC BXP-4 string Guitar-electric
Ovation (forget the model)-4 string guitar-acoustic/electric
Rocket Bass 125W amp

I dabble in guitar too, played around on it for about a year. I have:

Gibson Les Paul '56 6 string-electric
Fender acoustic
Marshall 'practice' stack-2 12" amps, about 75w on full power, but muddy sound

Right now I'm going to play an acoustic show next month in Asheville, NC with a friend of mine, and the two of us are trying to start an electric band. I've also been playing bluegrass and celtic music with a few of my friends for the past 5 or 6 years.

espire
08-20-2007, 11:02 AM
I've got a really crummy keyboard which I scarcely use for fun by myself, and a violin that I dare not play from fear of waking up the dead.

I hope to one day convince my parents to buy me a nice keyboard (USB, pressure sensitive) not because I don't have the money, but simply because I like saving it all up and instead mooch off others :D.

kdc300z
08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Guitars:

Standard PRS 22 (HH) [Mohagany], Viva Gold II Cort (H S H w/ tap) [soft maple] with a blocked floyd rose using alder, Ibanez Hollowbody (H H) [maple], and a Yamaha Pacifica [alder](metallic orange just like in the En Concert dvd, same guitar!) with seymour duncans.

Amp:

Vox AC30, Vox AD15

Effects:

Korg Modeler, Electro Harmonix Q-tron envelope filter, Boss DS-1 Distortion, and a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

CFHollister
08-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I played violin for 6 years but haven't kept it up out of frustration of not being able to train myself to do vibrato and not liking my own sound very much as a result. Right now I dabble in composition... "dabble" really is the best word I can think of for what I do.

Tye
08-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't play an instrument right now, but would love to have a nice keyboard. I love them. I just don't have the money right now for one. I also like guitars and drums.

garçoncanadien
08-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I play well

Church organ
harpsichord
piano
Clarinet

I sing in Russian and French :P

Im learning

Flute
Spanish guitar

:)

neoific
08-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I have a project studio, sing in an a capella choir, sing in a touring church choir, and play the piano.

Of all I prefer singing and then music production. I've gotten into production with rap quite a bit, but plan on moving over to Punk and then Jam band within the next year, the rap is just too much for me right now.

Ricardo
08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I played he piano for 3 years or so, but I had to quit 5 years ago. Still play now and then with my good ol' Casio WK-1300:o