PDA

View Full Version : What about Mylene Farmer?

isabella
08-23-2007, 04:32 PM
What do you think about mylene?

CFHollister
08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Amelie thinks she sucks :p

nurvonic
08-23-2007, 05:01 PM
where is the "i have no problem with her. i've only listened to several songs from her, from which i thought they were ok. but alizee is the best" selection?

Luc
08-23-2007, 05:02 PM

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Amelie will kill me if I vote either of the options 2, 3 or 4 :p
But without kidding, the first option applies to me. I like her and her music. And I'm thankful she kept the best for Alizée. :D

Killian
08-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I like her, she brought Alizée to the world, and for this I am in debt to her. But, I don't enjoy her music from what i have heard and don't listen to it.

nurvonic
08-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I like her, she brought Alizée to the world.

yeah i guess she's quite all right then lol.

mibir
08-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't mind her, never been much of a fan of her music, granted I've only heard a couple songs.

CFHollister
08-23-2007, 05:15 PM
I think we're all indebted to Mylène for bringing Alizée fully into the public light so that we can all enjoy her. As for the actual relationship with Alizée, we still don't really know (and probably won't for decades if ever), the true nature of which could either strengthen or degrade my opinion of Mylène. As for her music, there are certain songs I'd don't think much of, but on the other hand there are ones that I really quite enjoy. So I have to go with "I like her music" but I enjoy Alizée much more (sorry Amelie).

garçoncanadien
08-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Mymy made me a better person :)

espire
08-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Mymy made me a better person :)

Vraiment? Comment?

Chommpers
08-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Like most of you I like Mylène for bringing Lili to us although I don't know to much about her outside that. I have only heard a couple song's which I really like, which is Désenchantée and Libertine. Could anyone recommend to me a good album of her's or a few more good song's?

Steven0022
08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Like most of you I like Mylène for bringing Lili to us although I don't know to much about her outside that. I have only heard a couple song's which I really like, which is Désenchantée and Libertine. Could anyone recommend a good album of her's or a few more good song's?

I am in the same boat as Chommpers, I only really know she brought lili to us and have heard a few songs which i thought were ok, but i am obsessed with lili so its not really fair :p

garçoncanadien
08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
the best of Mymy in my opinion

Peut-etre toi
XXL
Dans les rues de Londres
Avant que l'ombre
Souviens-toi du jour (tapis rouge performance)
Desenchantee
Sans contrefacon
Fuck them all
Devant soi
Rever
Redonne-moi
Ange, parle-moi

and Mylene motivated me to be a better person through the life lessons she taught through her songs. I am wiser and more mature, because of her, she even helped me withstand cadaver lab in medical school (which I am experiencing now), the thoughts of death, you know. Alizee started the process, and Mylene finished it. I suppose the poem in my signature is dedicated to both women.

lefty12357
08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Souviens-toi du jour, Mylenium Tour video on this thread:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=49403#post49403

B_M_E
08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Quite honestly, I think she's a genius and a grade A lyricist. I mean there are FEW, very few people who can compose texts like she does. As a person though, I don't really know much about her and her personal life as because she always stays mysterious and always avoids putting out her private life more than any other stars I know, but from what I've heard, she's a bit on the dark side and far from a fair person. But this is just what I've heard.

Chommpers
08-23-2007, 08:02 PM
the best of Mymy in my opinion

Peut-etre toi
XXL
Dans les rues de Londres
Avant que l'ombre
Souviens-toi du jour (tapis rouge performance)
Desenchantee
Sans contrefacon
Fuck them all
Devant soi
Rever
Redonne-moi
Ange, parle-moi

and Mylene motivated me to be a better person through the life lessons she taught through her songs. I am wiser and more mature, because of her, she even helped me withstand cadaver lab in medical school (which I am experiencing now), the thoughts of death, you know. Alizee started the process, and Mylene finished it. I suppose the poem in my signature is dedicated to both women.

Ok thanks for the list, I'll go check them out on youtube. :D

Souviens-toi du jour, Mylenium Tour video on this thread:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=49403#post49403

This was a really neat song, I enjoyed it. She looked absolutely stunning in that outfit too. Wow does she have some nice legs. She is a very attractive woman. I love a girl with a pretty face and man does she have a beautiful face and love her firey red hair. Of course I knew most of that before watching the video, I just wanted to say it. ;)

I am willing to bet Amelie is going to hunt you down and hurt you for even joking like that lol.

lead2gold
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I think we're all indebted to Mylène for bringing Alizée fully into the public light so that we can all enjoy her. As for the actual relationship with Alizée, we still don't really know (and probably won't for decades if ever), the true nature of which could either strengthen or degrade my opinion of Mylène. As for her music, there are certain songs I'd don't think much of, but on the other hand there are ones that I really quite enjoy. So I have to go with "I like her music" but I enjoy Alizée much more (sorry Amelie).

Mylene didn't look at Alizée and think, "There's a young singer whose career I would love to help advance." She thought, "There's a young, pretty singer who can play the on the Lolita image and make me lots of money."
And it worked, I believe I read that Mylene ended up making something like 10m Euros off Alizée success.

Maybe I'm just a natural cynic, but I don't think Mylene did anything out of the goodness of her heart for Lili. I also don't think Alizée owes anything to Mylene. They had an agreement obviously, that Mylene would write the songs and sponsor Alizée's early career in exchange for a take of the profits. Both parties came out ahead and I don't feel like either "owes" the other anything anymore.

Just my 0.02

espire
08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Mylene didn't look at Alizée and think, "There's a young singer whose career I would love to help advance." She thought, "There's a young, pretty singer who can play the on the Lolita image and make me lots of money."
And it worked, I believe I read that Mylene ended up making something like 10m Euros off Alizée success.

Maybe I'm just a natural cynic, but I don't think Mylene did anything out of the goodness of her heart for Lili. I also don't think Alizée owes anything to Mylene. They had an agreement obviously, that Mylene would write the songs and sponsor Alizée's early career in exchange for a take of the profits. Both parties came out ahead and I don't feel like either "owes" the other anything anymore.

Just my 0.02

Alizée owes Mylène nothing, but nobody can deny that it was because of her that Alizée is anything today. Music is an industry, and the goal of industry is to make money.

CFHollister
08-23-2007, 10:19 PM

Just my 0.02

You're almost certainly correct. I'd just hate for a young 15-year-old girl to enter into an agreement which she may not understand the complete nature of and then feel taken-advantage-of later. Not that I'm saying that that is the case either, just that it wouldn't help my outlook on Mylène if that were the case.

garçoncanadien
08-23-2007, 11:22 PM
don't forget to listen to Regrets ;)

lefty12357
08-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Or listen and watch Regrets:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qu__h2-7ATg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qu__h2-7ATg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

dan
08-23-2007, 11:42 PM
You're almost certainly correct. I'd just hate for a young 15-year-old girl to enter into an agreement which she may not understand the complete nature of and then feel taken-advantage-of later. Not that I'm saying that that is the case either, just that it wouldn't help my outlook on Mylène if that were the case.

I would hope that, at the age of 15, Alizée couldn't have entered into a business agreement without her parents' consent in France. If anything, her parents were probably more protective of her rights than she would have been herself.

Besides, I like and respect both women so much that I'd rather assume the best.

dan
08-24-2007, 12:00 AM
By the way, I highly recommend Mylène's Avant Que L'ombre concert DVD. I think that this concert has almost all of her best work, and she puts everything into her performance.

lefty12357
08-24-2007, 12:16 AM
I agree. I have the Avant Que L'ombre DVD as well as the Mylenium Tour DVD. I really enjoy both of them.

Tye
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
I haven't listened to much of her music. I am not a fan of her, but her music isn't bad. She helped Lili so I can't complain.:)

garçoncanadien
08-24-2007, 12:39 AM
listen to the songs i listed Tye ;)

Tye
08-24-2007, 12:42 AM
listen to the songs i listed Tye ;)

I will do that.:)

isabella
08-24-2007, 06:08 AM

That's the music-world i think:(

What i like about Mylene:
- She made good songs for Alizée
- She's "one of a kind", she's "original". There aren't people that looks/sings like her.

What i don't like:
- I don't know if i'm true, but i think sometimes it can be a bitch;)

I like Mylene, but i think i like Alizée more.

Luc
08-24-2007, 06:28 AM
By the way, I highly recommend Mylène's Avant Que L'ombre concert DVD. I think that this concert has almost all of her best work, and she puts everything into her performance.

I agree. I have the Avant Que L'ombre DVD as well as the Mylenium Tour DVD. I really enjoy both of them.

I also agree with you. I have both these DVD's as well as Live à Bercy '96. I like all of them, my favorite is Avant Que L'Ombre.

Her best songs are collected on the Les Mots (http://www.amazon.com/Mots-Best-Mylene-Farmer/dp/B00005RD56/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2802081-0732740?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1187951067&sr=1-1) album.

Amelie
08-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Mylene is the best from all...it's a fact...

CFHollister
08-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Mylene is the best from all...it's a fact...

Now, who didn't see that coming?:rolleyes:
:p :D :p

Amelie
08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Now, who didn't see that coming?:rolleyes:
:p :D :p

haha you all know me... :D :D :D :D

isabella
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister
Now, who didn't see that coming?

haha you all know me...

Yes, Amelie will be Mylene's fan forever;)

Amelie
08-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Yes, Amelie will be Mylene's fan forever;)

damn right :D Mylene :wub: :wub: :wub: maybe off topic, but last night i had two dreams about Mylene and i woke up with tears on my face :/

Rahul
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
i like her music, but i dont like her because she is sexy:D

Amelie
08-24-2007, 10:00 AM

the silliest comment i have ever seen ^^

Rahul
08-24-2007, 10:01 AM

thank you amelie, i like you you are sexy than mylene:D

isabella
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Rahul
i like her music, but i dont like her because she is sexy

Yeah, Why don't you like her because she's sexy? Most people like it when a woman is sexy i think:confused: :p

Amelie
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
I am sexier than Mylene??? you're kidding, i am not sexy at all :blink:

Amelie
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
maybe she is too sexy for his nose :p :p :p :p j/k

isabella
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
maybe she is too sexy for his nose j/k

lol ;) :p :D

Rahul
08-24-2007, 10:09 AM
maybe she is too sexy for his nose :p :p :p :p j/k

ayyo! ayyo! chinna pulla tananma iruku rasssscal! i like it amelie i like her nose too,

Chommpers
08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
damn right :D Mylene :wub: :wub: :wub: maybe off topic, but last night i had two dreams about Mylene and i woke up with tears on my face :/

What did you dream about? If you don't want to tell thats ok, sometimes things are just special and personal to us. I just kind of wondered.

You are just acting silly, arnt ya lol. :D

-EDIT- Also 200 post alright!

Amelie
08-24-2007, 10:30 AM
ah...there were two long dreams...but so beautiful :wub: i cried in second and i woke up with tears on my face so it means that i cried in real also. shortly-i met Mylene in the Supermarket, she sang something and she was dressed like here: http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/9/8/24/f_JohnMFMylenm_f307169.gif and i don't remember exactly i think i listened to her and then i caught her and hugged her and she smiled and laughed and she was very sweet with me and i think we gave our cell phone numbers to each other lol. don't remember this one clearly :D and the other one was just SO beautiful :( shortly-Mylene came to Lithuania to give a concert and it was night and she was standing near the big building with two men, dressed like for a normal day, not a concert, but she was with a hairstyle, trousers and shoes from this pic:
http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/9/8/24/f_Clothesm_6724d5a.jpg
and all around that building only fields of grass. and i saw her from her back and i started to run to her and scream "Mylene" or so and she was so near to me, i suddenly stopped and very very very softly hugged her from her back. she turned to me and smiled, then she laughed and then we started to run all around the fields under the moonlight (the two men disappeared) and catch each other it was such a fun, then she suddenly hugged me VERY strongly and i did it too and then i cried. cried SO hard...we were standing there together for very long and i cried and cried on her shoulder...and i woke up. :( :( :( i can't get out this dream out from my mind. and actually, i don't want to...

espire
08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh wow... Amelie, I was about to tell you how happy I was for you that you finally met her, and then I realized that they were dreams!

But you're right, they really are beautiful dreams. I hope they come true :).

Amelie
08-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh wow... Amelie, I was about to tell you how happy I was for you that you finally met her, and then I realized that they were dreams!

But you're right, they really are beautiful dreams. I hope they come true :).

yes, only dreams...eh...but i think i could sleep forever if that dream never ends...

Chommpers
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Ahh very beautiful dreams Amelie :wub: Thanks for sharing them.

Amelie
08-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Ahh very beautiful dreams Amelie :wub: Thanks for sharing them.

thank you, Chommpers... :) :wub:

atra201
08-24-2007, 01:50 PM
amelie now you understand where we comne frrom
join the club

atra201
08-24-2007, 01:53 PM
myle (cool name for mylene right?)is wonderful
but lili is the most wonderful i wouldn't be coloring her name if she wasn't

Amelie
08-24-2007, 01:53 PM
no, i don't, atra,explain it please ^^

CFHollister
08-24-2007, 03:09 PM

OK, not trying to cross any creepy lines here...
Having worked with your age group for some time, I can say that your lack of confidence is typical. But I can assure you that in your case it is quite irrational. You have absolutly no reason to question the fact that whatever young Lituanian boy you fancy will consider himself among the world's luckiest for being able to spend his precious youthful days with you.
So maybe we can dispense with the typical teenage "Oh, I'm not sexy at all," routine and take the more mature stance of accepting reality ;)

paleddy62
08-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Hmmm...I like Mylene's music and looks. Her videos and songs are good listening music. But like most of you, I am thankful that she picked Lili to sing the songs she wrote.

Tye
08-24-2007, 04:51 PM
OK, not trying to cross any creepy lines here...
Having worked with your age group for some time, I can say that your lack of confidence is typical. But I can assure you that in your case it is quite irrational. You have absolutly no reason to question the fact that whatever young Lituanian boy you fancy will consider himself among the world's luckiest for being able to spend his precious youthful days with you.
So maybe we can dispense with the typical teenage "Oh, I'm not sexy at all," routine and take the more mature stance of accepting reality ;)

What is your job? Are you a teacher or psycholigist or something else? I am just wondering, because you said "having worked with your age group for some time".

CFHollister
08-24-2007, 05:07 PM
What is your job? Are you a teacher or psycholigist or something else? I am just wondering, because you said "having worked with your age group for some time".

Teacher. I spent six months subbing (long-term) 8th graders last school year :rolleyes:

Tye
08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Teacher. I spent six months subbing (long-term) 8th graders last school year :rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you teach and at what age group?

My government teacher can not stand to teach 7th and 8th graders. He said he loves the kids, but to teach them is awful. He said that at their age their attention span isn't very long, and that they ask questions without thinking. He says that they are at a stage where they aren't really kids, but they aren't mature either, and that it creates this unique situation. Like he said though some people can teach them, but he isn't one of them. He prefers older classes. Did you experience a similar situation with the 8th graders when you subbed?

rwd716
08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Mylene's O.K. in my book. I like some of her stuff, and havn't really seen ne reason to dislike her.

atra201
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
amelie now you understand where we come from
join the club
no, i don't, atra,explain it please ^^

i spent so long thinking is she being sarcastic or she didn't understand me
so I'll just explain myself
Amelie I meant having dreams about who(m?) one loves is so wonderful congratulations and I hope that you find joy in them like me and all the members here do.
Drrrrreams are wonderful I just hope the we know they are dreams.
but i think you mentioned having Mylene dreams earlier, right?

atra201
08-24-2007, 08:20 PM
that is nonsense
you're fantastic in every way.
everything you do is so fantastic .
you may seek perfection and therefor think you're not sexy at all but
i think the middle things are always the best choice

Uméesha
08-25-2007, 03:00 AM
i like Mylene Farmer and her music, I keep on listening to the songs of Mylene Farmer's

California....
L'amour n'est rien....
Fuck Them All....
Innamoramento......

these four songs:)

Uméesha
08-25-2007, 04:15 AM
ayyo! ayyo! chinna pulla tananma iruku rasssscal! i like it amelie i like her nose too,

Rahul, un peru ennae, adunale yerpadum avastai enna! unnaku pidita padhal mattam sollu!

rcs
08-25-2007, 04:24 AM
I can easily thank Mylene and Alizee for brightening up things for me. I didn't buy any new music until I stumbled upon Alizee a year ago. They are both good...:cool:

Roman
08-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Like what Nurvonic was saying... I took a little detour for a short while to look into Mylène out of a sense of duty. I have listened to/watched several of her songs, though probably a large portion of them just once. I liked Souviens-toi du jour and Ainsi soi je. I probably kind of liked some others but don't really remember. I am most grateful to her and Laurent for bringing us what we know as Alizée, though I really loved Alizée doing other songs as well. I would want to invite both of them to anything celebrating Alizée. Other than rumors about possible tention between her and Alizée, I haven't really heard anything that would make me have any problem with Mylène. As far as I know, she is a really beautiful person, albeit excentric. I must say that while I voted one because I do like her, as far as I know, and I do like some of her music, her style and voice generally don't fit my preference. I would certainly pick her over a lot of stuff that people I know listen to, but I don't really have time for it.

Amelie
08-26-2007, 03:46 AM
i spent so long thinking is she being sarcastic or she didn't understand me
so I'll just explain myself
Amelie I meant having dreams about who(m?) one loves is so wonderful congratulations and I hope that you find joy in them like me and all the members here do.
Drrrrreams are wonderful I just hope the we know they are dreams.
but i think you mentioned having Mylene dreams earlier, right?

i wasn't kidding. yes i have had many dreams about Mylene before but of course i didn't tell about them because no one is interested ^^ i have had only one dream about Alizee, but it was really wonderful :)
and Mylene is the most beautiful name in the world :p :p :p

Calisto
08-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I've only heard a few songs from Mylene, most of them were pretty good, I love Sans contrefaçon though. :)

It is definitely my favorite out of the ones I've listened to.

atra201
08-26-2007, 01:14 PM
i wasn't kidding. yes i have had many dreams about Mylene before but of course i didn't tell about them because no one is interested ^^ i have had only one dream about Alizee, but it was really wonderful :)
and Mylene is the most beautiful name in the world :p :p :p
good as long as they are not day dreams:p (i have a lot of thoe as well :) )
i'm always interrested in what interrests a friend .

Amelie
08-26-2007, 03:03 PM
ah you are just simply very sweet person, atra :p

Roman
08-27-2007, 12:18 AM
I had a day dream about Mylène while driving home today. It was about my wish to ask her about her work with Alizée. I want to know who really came up with what ideas and how the production of things was really carried out. Those kinds of details don't show up much. I can understand why they might not want to talk about that kind of stuff, but eventually it probably isn't such a secret anymore. Mylène and Laurent are so much a part of each of those songs. You just don't see them and they don't talk about it. But, really I would like to express my appreciation to both of them, to all three of them for things like the Gourmandises video. For what it was, it was a real masterpiece in my opinion! They took a concept that weighs very heavily on everyone at some point in their life time and brought it out in just such a way - it feels like it really felt - sorta makes me want to forever be sixteen. Well, I just tried to write out the concept in terms, but it just cheapened and ruined it; so I won't. It is a difficult thing to express, but I think they did it and from the opening shots of the sun to the end shot of the bee, I think it was all just so masterfully executed. Am I a little drunk on life at the moment, perhaps, but still...

Cooney
08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Mylène's pretty darn cool in my mind. I really like her flair and sense of show. I enjoy spectacle, and she is a queen of that.

atra201
08-27-2007, 07:35 PM
ah you are just simply very sweet person, atra :p
merci beaucoup