PDA

View Full Version : Hey Alizee!

Urb4n
08-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Hi there Alizee!

Word has it, you surf the web alot. Now I know that you have been undoubtedly curious to see what your fans worldwide are thinking of you. So I put two and two together and decided that you probably will see this at one point or another. So, that said, I just wanted to give you a big "Whats up?" from America. I think you're the best and hope to see you back on the scene soon. I love the music. I love the image. I still want to see and hear more of you. The fan base for you grows by the day here in America. I'd like to see you tour here in America sometime, but if not, it's understandable. I'd happily travel out of the country to see you perform (I have the time.:rolleyes: ).
-----------------------------------From an adoring fan.
---------------------------------------Urb4n
__________________________________________________ ______________

Alrighty kids, have a message for Alizee? Type away.

RadioactiveMan
08-14-2006, 03:23 AM
My message for Alizée would be this:

Don't want to tour in America? Don't! Come to Canada, home of Don Cherry! http://jbwarehouse.blogspot.com/Cherry.jpg

Bob
08-14-2006, 01:45 PM
lol you like canada dont you radio....

RadioactiveMan
08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but I think that I'll have to change my message. Silly me forgot that Don Cherry doesn't make a very good ambassador to other countries. I might be able to find some sort of article that will explain why to you Americans.

...And here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cherry_%28hockey%29#Political_views_and_contro versy) it is! It's not exactly on-topic, but I'm feeling rebellious today.

brad
08-14-2006, 06:28 PM
** Waves to Alizée **

cane17
08-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Would that be great if Alizze was a Hockey fan,we know that she likes soccer.

Shep
08-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Would that be great if Alizze was a Hockey fan,we know that she likes soccer.

Interest wise I am completely compatible with Ali except for soccer but I bet that's a regional thing. I used to play it as a kid but if I grew up in Europe or South America, it'd probably be different.

(P.S. I'm really into martial arts (she likes kick boxing), computers (games and internet. I build my own as well), movies (like James Bond and 24(not a movie but every episode is like a kickass movie)), Disney movies (still a kid at heart))

Bob
08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
heh i like fútbol, movies, and computers and internet.... alizée an i would be perfect for eachother =)

riva2model64
08-14-2006, 09:49 PM
i think i speak for everyone here at the moi-alizee.us forums when I say that I would be perfect for Alizée!

Shep
08-14-2006, 09:52 PM
i think i speak for everyone here at the moi-alizee.us forums when I say that I would be perfect for Alizée!

Hey Riva, when are you taking your act on stage. You'd be a great stand-up comedian :p

Bob
08-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey Riva, when are you taking your act on stage. You'd be a great stand-up comedian :p

haha ooooh burn =) and no, i did mean I would be perfect for her

riva2model64
08-14-2006, 10:13 PM

hey i was being serious there

you know think I a perfect match for Alizée?

bob those fancy colored italics really beat me

RadioactiveMan
08-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Haha, he would go on stage and say "I'm perfect for Alizee!" and the only person who would laugh is the only Alizee fan in the audience.

I propose that we fight to the death in a battle-royale of fisticuffs. The winner gets to have Alizee (if she wants us of course. We wouldn't want to trouble her if she's not interested, would we?).

Shep
08-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Haha, he would go on stage and say "I'm perfect for Alizee!" and the only person who would laugh is the only Alizee fan in the audience.

I propose that we fight to the death in a battle-royale of fisticuffs. The winner gets to have Alizee (if she wants us of course. We wouldn't want to trouble her if she's not interested, would we?).

You guys would be in trouble then. I know how to kill a man (or woman) in 23 different ways with my bare hands. lol

and rev, I was just messing with ya. Alizee believes she has met her perfect match. The only thing we can do is disagree with her. :D

Bob
08-14-2006, 11:25 PM
hey i was being serious there

you know think I a perfect match for Alizée?

bob those fancy colored italics really beat me

well her favorite color is pink, so i made it pink, that way I will appeal to alizée =):p

Bob
08-14-2006, 11:27 PM
You guys would be in trouble then. I know how to kill a man (or woman) in 23 different ways with my bare hands. lol

well could you dodge bullets? or flying knives? or a flying monkey?;)

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 12:38 AM
10 dollars says that just about every guy who has seen Alizee probably thinks HE is perfect for her also. C'mon kids, we know alot less about her than we think we do. In all honesty, I'd have to meet her in person to make a judgement like that. I'll stick to just being a fan.

... and what the hell happened to your messages to Alizee?! lol

riva2model64
08-15-2006, 12:49 AM
... and what the hell happened to your messages to Alizee?! lol

ye. this thread was supposed to be about our cheers to Alizée, but we end up fighting over her with flying monkies and Shep here who knows how to kill a bare human with his 23 hands, poor young Bob forced to be a pit fiend in a gladiator arena. . .

and Shep you may know 23 ways to kill a person with your bare hands, but have ever engaged close-combat with a merciless, raging Alizée fan (Alizée fans are very different than people)?

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 12:52 AM
I beat you all already. I don't fight much, she likes the gentle ones.

... hahahahaha suckas

Shep
08-15-2006, 01:33 AM
I beat you all already. I don't fight much, she likes the gentle ones.

... hahahahaha suckas

I avoid all combat as much as possible and volunteer at an animal shelter sometimes so I think I got the gentle part down pretty well. I'm also very good at talking myself out of tough situations. Once had some biker guy pissed off at me so I talked myself out of a fight and was able to sell him a motorcycle at the same time.

Oh, and the reason I know how to kill some one 23 different ways with my bare hands: My uncle. He's a former CIA spook and he scares the hell out of me most of the time but he's a master at martial arts so I learned to get used to him. Weirdest sense of humor as well. I wander if working for the CIA makes you insane.

Spartan500
08-15-2006, 01:42 AM
well I would only fight to help and protect someone anyways I'm not good at typing a lot as I tend to say better things when talking to somone in person anyways alizee you are incredible in every way possible.

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Lol, Shep, sorry, just had to throw this out there man. 1. when do you plan on killing people 23 different ways and 2. how are you going to pick which way to do it? so many options.

oh and Alizee, I agree with spartan in the post above. I won't be out-done.

Bob
08-15-2006, 03:02 AM
heh im just joking around..but still if anyone here can dodge my flying monkies, please let me know, i may have a job for you

Shep
08-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Lol, Shep, sorry, just had to throw this out there man. 1. when do you plan on killing people 23 different ways Hopefully never... unless it's a terrorist or a child molestor then I could be staring them in the eye while I do it... while smiling...

and 2. how are you going to pick which way to do it? so many options.

Depending on which would be easiest in the position I am in atm. I hope I never EVER have to (with the said exceptions) but I can if it is needed.

Seriously, if you guys knew Uncle Joe, you'd understand how I learned this stuff. My parents left me with him for a summer while they went on vacation so I learned a few things.

Bob
08-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Hopefully never... unless it's a terrorist or a child molestor then I could be staring them in the eye while I do it... while smiling...
Depending on which would be easiest in the position I am in atm. I hope I never EVER have to (with the said exceptions) but I can if it is needed.
Seriously, if you guys knew Uncle Joe, you'd understand how I learned this stuff. My parents left me with him for a summer while they went on vacation so I learned a few things.

haha but can uncle joe dogde flying monkies? and 1 other question, if a ninja was coming at you from behind, how would you kill him?
=)

General Patton
08-15-2006, 02:49 PM
We go from saying hi to Alizee to then to killing each other, then flying monkeys????

brad
08-15-2006, 02:55 PM
We go from saying hi to Alizee to then to killing each other, then flying monkeys????

yes .. i really need to get some moderators setup, i meant to do that before I left last week and forgot :eek:

General Patton
08-15-2006, 03:24 PM
yes .. i really need to get some moderators setup, i meant to do that before I left last week and forgot :eek:

That's not good...

Bob
08-15-2006, 03:26 PM

id love to be a moderator =) :p

General Patton
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Bob I noticed on below your name 6 days! Whats that mean?

Bob
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Bob I noticed on below your name 6 days! Whats that mean?

in 6 days its alizée's birthday =)

General Patton
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
in 6 days its alizée's birthday =)

Oh... I thought it was a count down to the last day of summer before school

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 03:46 PM
4 pages of complete retardation, back on topic people :)

DJ_Greg
08-15-2006, 03:50 PM

Moderation could be a good or bad thing. It's not like people are at each other's throats (well, with the one notable exception when you were gone), and then the best thing would have been for a mod to simply lock the thread until people cooled down.

But you don't want the forum to get so strict that people are afraid to go off-topic in a thread. When every thread basically relates to one subject (Alizée), people have to go off-topic. Otherwise it'll just get boring.

I'm a mod at a basketball site, and I try to stay hands-off about what people talk about in threads. As long as people are keeping the peace, I see myself as just another poster there.

Obviously, it's your page and you can do what you want, but those are just my suggestions.

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, this thread needs to be restarted and put back on topic from the get go, and it needs to be sticky, so its the first thing she sees when she visits. It WAS supposed to be a big "Hey Alizee" from all our posters. but...

DJ_Greg
08-15-2006, 04:27 PM
We could have a highly-moderated thread called "Greetings to Alizée!" or "Messages for Alizée."

Bob
08-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh... I thought it was a count down to the last day of summer before school

grr it starts next weds for me... Alizée you dont have to go to school for a long time, be happy =):D

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 10:49 PM
We could have a highly-moderated thread called "Greetings to Alizée!" or "Messages for Alizée."

Yep thats it, I'll start it up. Brad, if theres a way you can make it sticky or something, we have no idea when she'll visit.
--Kindly refrain from posting crap in that one please, kids.--

Edit : ok its up, you know the rules, don't screw it up please.

riva2model64
08-15-2006, 10:52 PM
yeah, if you make that sticky, it will be good Alizée greetings only from me

and i think school start aug 27th for me, i need to complete my summer reading got dangit

but with this wonderful site Brad made, whats the use

and ooh urb4n started the Greetings Alizée! thread

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
and ooh urb4n started the Greetings Alizée! thread

lol, consider this one dead, probably ought to get rid of it.

DJ_Greg
08-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Nah, why get rid of it? No need to just start deleting threads. It'll fall to the second or third page, and no one will read it anymore.

Why get people who care about post count upset when there's no reason to?

nurvonic
08-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Is it me, or is this thread eerily similar to the 'greeting alizee' thread?:rolleyes:

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 11:30 PM
lol, nurvonic read the end of page 4

riva2model64
08-15-2006, 11:31 PM
"Greetings Alizée" is the thread urb4n started where we seriously greet Alizée, not fling monkeys at poor starved children like we did in this thread

urb4n may explain more, but Greetings Alizée is the place to say hi to sweetness ( oh i a little little late urb4n alrady posst)

Spartan500
08-15-2006, 11:40 PM
will then just lock this forum for a day and send messages to the members to stop posting in it or something so it falls to the 2nd or 3rd page like greg said

HibyPrime
08-15-2006, 11:42 PM
I think this thread is getting off the off topic.

Now I'm off the off, off topic.

eh.. off the off, off off, topic...

And so on, and so forth...

Shep
08-15-2006, 11:44 PM
How about instead of being anal about the whole thing, urban just change the title and we could make this kind of a miscelaneous(sp) thread?

Also, I agree with DJ Greg. Over moderation kills threads and makes forums boring. Just let people post what they will and if it gets off-topic, so what? I'm sure people who care could slowly move the conversation back on topic if they want to.

Please do not over moderate this board. It's the reason I left two other boards in my lifetime...

DJ_Greg
08-15-2006, 11:45 PM
How about instead of being anal about the whole thing, urban just change the title and we could make this kind of a miscelaneous(sp) thread?

Good point. He started the thread, so he is able to edit the title.

..might also be a good idea to get rid of the big green arrow for this thread.

Spartan500
08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
i agree with you shep and greg this could become a thread where people talk to each other like a lesser generic chat room lol

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
But I like my big green arrows damnit.

.... and how do I change the thread name? I'm not a big forum wiz.

Bob
08-15-2006, 11:51 PM
"not fling monkeys at poor starved children like we did in this thread"
who said my monkeys were being thrown at poor starving children?!?! i only use them for good or amusment

Shep
08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
i agree with you shep and greg this could become a thread where people talk to each other like a lesser generic chat room lol

On the main message board I visit we have a thread that has over 3700 (almost 3800) pages and growing every day of just people talking like "Hey, sup?" One of the best threads on the entire board.

Shep
08-15-2006, 11:54 PM
who said my monkeys were being thrown at poor starving children?!?! i only use them for good or amusment

I don't think flying monkeys CAN be used for good...

DJ_Greg
08-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Maybe change the title to something like "Hey Amigos!" so it's still Alizée-related, but reflects that the thread is just to talk about miscellaneous stuff.

Urb4n
08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
yeah I'm a not such a forum wiz, tell me now, how do I change its name?

Laugh at me all you want! At least I can dance!

Bob
08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't think flying monkeys CAN be used for good...

o dont be so sure

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 12:01 AM
i realize that you have only heartfelt, good intentions with your airborne monkeys, so my sincerest apologies to you, oh little one;)

by the way i love your avatar. she's so cute!

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 12:01 AM
nurvonic made a thread called hey amigos already

Bob
08-16-2006, 12:05 AM
i realize that you have only heartfelt, good intentions with your airborne monkeys, so my sincerest apologies to you, oh little one;)

by the way i love your avatar. she's so cute!

lol gracias senor =)

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 12:07 AM
whatev! I'll figure it out on my own! I can problem solve!

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
yeah I'm a not such a forum wiz, tell me now, how do I change its name?

Laugh at me all you want! At least I can dance!

huh? change the name of what?

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 12:11 AM
the thread

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 12:17 AM
that's a good question. someone on this forum should be able to help you

so, are you a breakdancer? i think that break dancing is great

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 12:28 AM
so, are you a breakdancer? i think that break dancing is great

Yeah, you pinpointed it. I'm not a professional dancer yet, but I work as a bouncer at a small Comedy club outside of town, anyhow, right down the street there is a little place my buddies and I have been going to, to hang out (and practice our moves) for some time. I'm pretty avid about it, I'd have to say its bigger to me than Alizee is, hence the avatar.

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah, you pinpointed it. I'm not a professional dancer yet, but I work as a bouncer at a small Comedy club outside of town, anyhow, right down the street there is a little place my buddies and I have been going to, to hang out (and practice our moves) for some time. I'm pretty avid about it, I'd have to say its bigger to me than Alizee is, hence the avatar.

the most important thing is that you do what you're passionate about, because it is healthy.

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Couldn't agree more.

aditya8617
08-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Allez Ajaccio!

Bob
08-16-2006, 12:50 AM

sounds like me and mountain biking

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Mountain biking is fun. My dad likes to do it alot. No clue how he manages that, he's in his 50's. Senile old man. Haha, just kidding, my dad is one of the coolest guys I know. But yeah, mountain biking is awesome. Where do you live, cause if you're able to get out to some nearby terrain like every weekend or something I seriously envy you.

Bob
08-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Mountain biking is fun. My dad likes to do it alot. No clue how he manages that, he's in his 50's. Senile old man. Haha, just kidding, my dad is one of the coolest guys I know. But yeah, mountain biking is awesome. Where do you live, cause if you're able to get out to some nearby terrain like every weekend or something I seriously envy you.

haha i live near chicago, no real mountain biking out here, if i want i can get some sweet singletrack up in wisconsin or michigan, southern illinois.. but the best, actually i got back from on the 4th of august, colorado and utah =) a 2 week trip in crested butte, fruita, moab, it twas da bomb diggidy =) if you dad can still mountain bike in his 50's hes gotta have a good bike, what brand does he use?:cool:

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 01:04 AM
thats like me and street racing or the import car culture whatever you would like to call it but it isn't the most healtheist thing like dancing or mountain biking but the rush is freaken sweet

Bob
08-16-2006, 01:07 AM
thats like me and street racing or the import car culture whatever you would like to call it but it isn't the most healtheist thing like dancing or mountain biking but the rush is freaken sweet

heh try going 30 miles per hour on a foot-wide singletrack, on your left is a roughly 80 degree slope for about 150 feet, and not knowing what comes around the next corner, may it be a tree, a jump, or bulls chasing after you( the bulls happened to me last year...twas quite scary)

RadioactiveMan
08-16-2006, 01:10 AM
If you can change the title of the thread, you'd do it by editing your post and changing the subject. That worked with phpBB forums, but on a different vBulletin forum that I'm on you can't change topic titles unless you're a moderator or administrator.

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 01:20 AM
sounds fun bob thats crazy dude the biggest rush i got was when my cousin and me were racing this mustang on the freeway and there was a turn that has a giant pothole or bump all i know is when we around the corner i almost took a dump right there it was awesome.

Bob
08-16-2006, 01:36 AM
haha i think the biggest rush for me was out-running those bulls, while running the gnar on some sweet backcountry singletrack

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 01:45 AM
dude seriously that sounds awesome I wish I could do something like that but the truth is I wouldn't push myself but with a car all i do is push some pedal and put a stick into position also if that last part sounds gay just know I'm not lol

Bob
08-16-2006, 02:16 AM
haha... well in the beginning i didnt know the bulls were gonna be there, but to do this stuff you really have to be in shape, especially when youre up in colorado youre often above 10000ft above sea lvl( last year i got to 14000, this year just 11000)

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 02:32 AM
dude the only reason i have to be somewhat in shape is because i have to be able to handle my dads car when it runs out of gas(it's a 54 chevy wagon gas meter doesn't work lol and it doesn't have power steering) and fit in a pair of racing seats

Bob
08-16-2006, 02:36 AM
dude the only reason i have to be somewhat in shape is because i have to be able to handle my dads car when it runs out of gas(it's a 54 chevy wagon gas meter doesn't work lol and it doesn't have power steering) and fit in a pair of racing seats

hahaha i have to mountain bike, white water raft those both need lots of endurance and strength

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 02:44 AM
yeah man, you wouldn't guess it, but breakdancing will tear you apart, unless you maintain a lot of upper body strength, you don't have much of a chance of doing anything cool except some neat footwork. I'm talking about the people who do the windmills and stuff (its a fun move) the move where you spread your legs and spin on either your hands, shoulder, elbow, or head in a big circle. It takes an incredible amount of burst strength.

Bob
08-16-2006, 02:46 AM
try bombing 401 in crested butte, colorado ( to bomb it is to not use your brakes ) i got about 1/4th of the way last time i tried

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Here, watch this, I'm working on getting to be as fast as them, these guys have some serious skill. Hopefully I'll be able to compete with these guys one day, but in the mean time enjoy some of their stuff. They might look skinny, but these guys are a helluva lot stronger than they look. The second video is of a guy from France actually, he is my 'Idol' so to speak, and what first got me into dancing. His name is 'Junior.' Look how ripped that dude is. and no that is NOT Scott Wills. Scott Wills is the photographer.

http://compfused.com/directlink/3680/

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9218864963468712311&q=scott+wills

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 03:01 AM
dang the people in the first one are fast as hell dude that is awesome thanks for the link urb4n

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 03:05 AM
yeah, God I hope to get that good one day. But like I said, takes alot of training and strength. Tired of your usual sport? Take up breakdancing guys. I'm telling ya, its the best there is.

Bob
08-16-2006, 03:07 AM
yeah, God I hope to get that good one day. But like I said, takes alot of training and strength. Tired of your usual sport? Take up breakdancing guys. I'm telling ya, its the best there is.

ahem... are you joking me?!? mountain biking can give you much of a better adrenaline rush, and if not mountain biking, try white water rafting/kayaking hehe i flipped last time i was in a kayak....

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 03:13 AM
all i have to sa is that if you like what you do then do it sorry for being corny but what gives the better adrenaline rush depend on the person who is particapating in the sport

Bob
08-16-2006, 03:14 AM
all i have to sa is that if you like what you do then do it sorry for being corny but what gives the better adrenaline rush depend on the person who is particapating in the sport

true true i guess....but i guess we can agree that you cant be fat and do any of these things (cept drive) tehehehehe

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 03:18 AM
true true i guess....but i guess we can agree that you cant be fat and do any of these things (cept drive) tehehehehe

haha, true that. But I wouldn't doubt that racing has some definite weight limits.

And, no, I wasn't joking. It really is tough stuff, but when you get off your feet, there is no better rush(except maybe jumping out of a plane). Especially when you attract a crowd. You want the ladies? This is where its at my man. I've done plenting of biking, and there is no disputing that there is a definite adrenaline rush involved, but I personally prefer the one I get from dancing. I won't say anything about rafting, I've never tried it. But I bet it is crazy. Looks like it is anyway.

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 03:19 AM
that is not right but true. also with the racing weight limits urb4n you have to have the least amount of weight to have a great car much like how the 180 horsepower lotus elise can go up against a car withover twice as much horsepower because it's all about the power to weight ratio

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 03:22 AM
that is not right but true

Whats not right but true?

yeah, see I knew as much Spartan, I've never seen any racecar driver be overweight. I bet it really comes into play with something like Formula 1 where the driver makes up a much greater precentage of the weight total (combining car + driver).

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 03:28 AM
lol wha he said about fat people i guess i should have typed oin thats not nice but true

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Hey, you know, you are given one body, take care of it. There is no excuse for being out of shape except perhaps a medical condition (there are some, and I sincerely sympathize with those people). Even if you are brought up in an overweight family, you still have a responsibilty to yourself to take care of yourself if you know better. A lack of time is no excuse either, if its a problem, then you need to find time to fix it(even if its work, if a work schedule keeps you from taking care of yourself then perhaps you are overworked). What Bob said may sound harsh, but I whole heartedly agree with him. It's a growing problem.. literally.. :) hehe

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 03:37 AM
yeah thats why i said its true

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 03:47 AM
lol, I'm sorry about that little earful, I was an overweight kid. I'm very touchy about the subject. I really look down on those people who give up or don't even try. I find myself looking down more and more often.

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 03:50 AM
yeah don't worry I'm in the middle of working out and getting fit and it helps when i have to see my friend almost everyday and he makes me feel disgusted because when he sits down wierd or lays down he looks like jaba the hutt and this might sound mean but its true

Bob
08-16-2006, 10:11 AM
yeah don't worry I'm in the middle of working out and getting fit and it helps when i have to see my friend almost everyday and he makes me feel disgusted because when he sits down wierd or lays down he looks like jaba the hutt and this might sound mean but its true

lol good for you =) i dont "work out" as much as i eat healthy and regularly go biking

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
ahem... are you joking me?!? mountain biking can give you much of a better adrenaline rush, and if not mountain biking, try white water rafting/kayaking hehe i flipped last time i was in a kayak....

hah. . .i get the adrenaline rush from simple canoeing, esp when someone challenges to race. i no been white water rafting but i'm sure the rush is incredible

another thing i get adrenaline rush from, is wrestling with friends. wow, such fun. i've wrestled with people twice my weight in my weight training class and managed to embarass him by *almost* taking the big guy down in front of everyone. . .but then he slam his 230 lbs. or whatever of his body weight on my chest, i couldn't breathe

i'd be a shippy breakdancer. i can't even hold a hand stand:o

but i'm primarily a runner. the feelings you get, the pain you have to fight. bringing an mp3 player is useless. i tried it before, first the music sound regular, then after a while it sounds like it's playing in slow-mo, then you can barely hear it (unless you get adrenaline in your system-the extra engery goes to your brain too i guess?). you are not thinking. you are just running, because you can't think even if you tried. now you are faltering, you feel yourself losing ground. your lungs are giving, you can only take in partial breaths. when you feel as if you're going to die, you instead, in a burst of fury, increase your speed like a madman and suddenly this wonderful feeling of the adrenaline rush (and endorphins) pushes you to run at maximum speed. now, you feel no pain. you are running very fast. you feel like you can run forever, it's amazing. wehn you get back home, you're still swimming in that world of endorphins. Listening to Alizée is even more pleasing than it usually is. (for extra variation to run, add fresh coffee and/or bring a running partner of similar ability)

I'm sure that's you guys feel with each of your sports, but runnings where i feel it most. it's great to see that my fellow Alizée fans are such athletes, we have more in common than i thinks at first.

and hey bob, you mountain biking but do you do distance biking(i don't know what its called it just call it that)? if so maybe you can do the Iron Man competition with me friend and i in New York next year. the problem is that racing bikes cost a fortune!

and spartan, i have to agree with you the feelings you get in a sports car are some of the best feelings you could experience in the world. i am particularly interested in the 24 heures du Le Mans (the 24 hours of Le Mans). As it sounds, it is a 24 hour track racing event that youdo with a partner. you know, i was thinking you and me could be partners and win it, in say, a Saleen S7. Don't they do Le Mans here in US too, in Laguna Seca? and click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2949919259744802395&q=motegibattle) thats a video of a track race between some cars, including the Honda NSX Type R and Lamborghini Murcielago (i know they're not the same type of car, one is real-sports and one is more touring sports). Kurosawa is really pushing that NSX!
and take a peek at this. now that's power! (http://www.dragtimes.com/2002-Dodge-Viper-Videos-8095.html)

i was particularly impressed with that breakdancing video urb4n.
but have you seen freestyle running? click here! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=515642196227308929&q=freestyle+running)

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 12:29 PM
hey yeah riva they do and currantly acura is building a V8 to power its car. isn't the s7 twin turbo? hey you know what is also fun that needs twop people RALLY now that is an awesome motorsport for sure bob would like it. also they have something like 24 hours of le mans its called 24 or 48 hours of thunder hill im not good with all the different racing divisions. oh almost forgot if we cant get an s7 we could use the only japanese made car to dominate 24 hours of le mans.

edit: damn i love the nsx-r and hot version along with best motoring
edit: they need to use the uk evo mr that beat an awd mercialago on top gear

Bob
08-16-2006, 12:37 PM
and hey bob, you mountain biking but do you do distance biking(i don't know what its called it just call it that)? if so maybe you can do the Iron Man competition with me friend and i in New York next year. the problem is that racing bikes cost a fortune!

lol, i do a little, next year i am most likely going on a 6 week, 3000 mile across the US from the Atlantic to the Pacific, roughly 85miles a day, if i dont do that ill just do a training camp to be a white water guide and a 3 week biking trip from seattle to san francisco, im not sure whether its called distance biking, but i just call it road biking:cool:

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah, the Saleen S7 uses a 7 liter twin turbo.

and thanks to the S7, we (the US) are given Le Mans victories

of course the Team Oreca Dodge Viper won the 24 hours of Le Mans countless times, but the French helped us turn the monster Viper into a GT class car, so thanks to you French for helping us win Le Mans:)

do you remember like in the late 60's when the Ford GT40 won the Le Mans so many times, and so easily, it was funny?
So you know what the Le Mans board did? they banned any engine size over 3.0 liters (the Ford GT40 used like a 7 liter cast-iron V8)!

ye, little bob here may like rallying. and waht the heck is the 48 hours of thunder hil?!

edit: so you say you've driven a Lotus Elise. i've been in one, all i can say is "sveet". its Toc de Mac! its turning responsiveness is crazy

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 01:02 PM
its either 24 or 48 hours it's cool its like 24 hours of le mans but at thundehill raceway and any body can race as long as the car is safe so it's lke an ametuer version also I remember the gt40 the main driver for that was like 7 feet tall lol so they had that bump put in the roof

edit: her bob check this outhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6241284650178009949&q=rally

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 02:12 PM
but i'm primarily a runner. the feelings you get, the pain you have to fight. bringing an mp3 player is useless. i tried it before, first the music sound regular, then after a while it sounds like it's playing in slow-mo, then you can barely hear it (unless you get adrenaline in your system-the extra engery goes to your brain too i guess?). you are not thinking. you are just running, because you can't think even if you tried. now you are faltering, you feel yourself losing ground. your lungs are giving, you can only take in partial breaths. when you feel as if you're going to die, you instead, in a burst of fury, increase your speed like a madman and suddenly this wonderful feeling of the adrenaline rush (and endorphins) pushes you to run at maximum speed. now, you feel no pain. you are running very fast. you feel like you can run forever, it's amazing. wehn you get back home, you're still swimming in that world of endorphins. Listening to Alizée is even more pleasing than it usually is. (for extra variation to run, add fresh coffee and/or bring a running partner of similar ability)

Ahhh Riva, I gotta agree with you, theres something about running. I take part in Triathalons(running, swimming, and biking) with my sister actually, she's my partner. But I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the runners high, its a fanatastic feeling despite the pain before and the soreness later. Can't say I've ever tried listening to Alizee while running though :p .

And don't worry, you could learn to be a good breakdancer too, might help to take a tumbling or gymnastics class though. That probably sounds a little girly, yeah, I know, but it really helps you learn to keep your balance and some even teach you how to do flips and well..tumbling.

Edit : Oh my god Spartan, that looks awesome, thanks for the link.

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
sure no problem if you think that is cool then check this out its called driftinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=celOOtUF3EYbtw drifting was created by early rally drivers to keep engines speed up when driving thruogh a corner

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
yeah, thats pretty interesting, but I don't know, that Rally racing looks pretty dangerous. I think if I was ever going to do racing of any sort, that'd be it. It really looks as fun as it is deadly.

Spartan500
08-16-2006, 02:26 PM
yeah but when you have custoim roll cage developed by your own race team and all the safety gear most drivers come out all right and im only saying most because a lot of drivers from any kind of racing have died do the pikes peak hill climb

Bob
08-16-2006, 03:49 PM
i also do biking things like in chicago theres this thing in early june called "" bike the drive" and basically you bike from where you live, around downtown chicago, them bike back home =)

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Ahhh Riva, I gotta agree with you, theres something about running. I take part in Triathalons(running, swimming, and biking) with my sister actually, she's my partner. But I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the runners high, its a fanatastic feeling despite the pain before and the soreness later. Can't say I've ever tried listening to Alizee while running though :p .

And don't worry, you could learn to be a good breakdancer too, might help to take a tumbling or gymnastics class though. That probably sounds a little girly, yeah, I know, but it really helps you learn to keep your balance and some even teach you how to do flips and well..tumbling.

Edit : Oh my god Spartan, that looks awesome, thanks for the link.

i find music is great (esp Alizée:) ) for other excercises, like aerobics and weightlifting

you do triathlons? next year will be my first triathlon
how hard are they, blah blah blah, tips etc

and that is an excellent find Spartan, thanks!

Bob you should consider doing the Tour of France

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Triathalons are pretty tough, it is a pure endurance test. No need for any burst strength. Just maintain a slow pace( until maybe the end). Are you doing a triathalon with a partner or by yourself? If you are with a partner just try to set a pace that you two can keep together through the whole thing. For me the goal isn't winning yet, I'm just not ready (conditioning wise) to move that fast.

All in all, I guess, just don't push yourself to be number one right away, focus on getting the thing DONE. If you complete a Triathalon or a Marathon for that matter, seriously, you've done a helluva lot already.

Edit : oh yeah, take it real slow in the running part in the beginning, save your strength for the swim.

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm doing the triathlon with partner, thanks (he's a good friend but not too fond of Alizée)

it'll be the Lake Placid Iron Man event in New York, and I think the swimming part comes first, 2.4 mi of it ( though ima not sure, and 2.4 is a lot) and yeah i just want to get the thing completed

i'm scheduled to do the Marine Corps marathon on the October 29th this year, it cost me $90, so much, but atleast you get a shirt. the worse thing is that it is on a Sunday, so i pay $90 and don't miss any school

any one else running that

Urb4n
08-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Ahh thats awesome! I try to get into as many events as I can. Wierd though, the Triathalons that I've been in have always been running, swimming, and then biking in that order. But hey, whatever works.

That is the one thing I hate about Marathons, Tri's and Bi's, is the entrance fee thats usually is invloved. But whatev I guess, I'm going on a small 3k run next week for the humane society(get to take my dog!). I'll participate in even the small runs, can't hurt I suppose.

And its cool you're doing the Triathalon with a partner, it is alot more fun that way.

riva2model64
08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
yup, its swim first, bike second, run final

http://www.ironmanusa.com/course.php

Bob
08-17-2006, 01:16 AM
i was thinking about doing one of those in a little bit, i run every now and then, bike a lot, and i have a swimming pool, i suppose i would be good at one

Urb4n
08-17-2006, 01:18 AM
It's always worth a shot. Go for it, if not for anything else, so you can say you did.

Bob
08-17-2006, 01:41 AM
It's always worth a shot. Go for it, if not for anything else, so you can say you did.

k.. lol i guess i will