PDA

View Full Version : Software for Learning french!

Simon A
09-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Hello there,

I'm new to this site, but i saw this great thread since im also very intressted in the french language, and i more or less study every day with this program called The rosetta stone

It's an program that is very usefull for many languages not only french,

it contains Voice 2 Pictures "Choosing the aproporite picture for the words she say, Voice 2 voice "pronuncement, Compare your prononucement with a french person, some system implenemded kinda like "singalong for tv games",, Text 2 Voice "Write down the words the person says and you get corrected for spelling and such,"

The program is divided in many stages for your own level,

It can teach you anything really i'd say and ive been useing it over the summer and i already feel great about it since i can both speak and understand french pretty well after using the programe for 1+- month.

summit :
Program name = Rosetta stone
Link = http://www.rosettastone.com/global/endangered/index

fact = Number one learning software for languages

Yours. // Simon

aditya8617
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
thanks Simon. BTW, why aren't new members allowed to post urls?

Simon A
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
It says i must have posted 5+ First, Which is soon over ;)

The reason is probaly to avoid spamming of homepages from new accounts
Also i edited my post added the whole url since the 5+ post rule is over for my part, "cheers"

Capn
09-04-2007, 09:55 PM
ive recently got rosetta stone for german i dont own the french pack but ill probably go get it one day

Calisto
09-05-2007, 09:37 AM
When I took up French a few months ago I checked out this website, for the most part I've agreed with them in the past on other items.

http://learn-french-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

It rates all the top French Software, I went with the 40$ pack that is suprisingly rated higher then Rosetta Stone. (Not saying Rosetta Stone isn't good though) But i've made some pretty good progress as well.

heyamigo
09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
dang simon, you sound like you work for rosetta stone, lol.:p

Simon A
09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Haha :D maybe i do.. undercover?

mibir
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I just began French today and I was thinking about buying this program to give me a little extra help as I had heard it was a great program. Unfortunately its a bit more money then I'd care to spend on something that will provide extra help. After all, isn't that why we have garcon? :p

Tye
09-05-2007, 05:37 PM
I use Rosetta Stone some. It doesn't really teach you grammar, though.

Jonny Qiu
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Because of my jop ,I choosed Spanish .At school i was told by a teacher that French is the most beautiful language in the world .Maybe one day i can have a try .