PDA

View Full Version : Alizee et Natasha St Pier - 2004-05-17 - L`important c`est d'aimer

C-4
08-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Alizee et Natasha St Pier - 2004-05-17 - L`important c`est d'aimer
Would one of you well-versed in French be able to please translate the words for this song, please?

It is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard and Alizee sounds really good singing it.

Thank you very much.
Stephen:)

aFrenchie
08-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't have a copy of this song but I found the original lyrics on the net anyway (see below)

I'll give it a try later. I already have a little worry, how would you translate the title? Word for word, it means "the most important is to love". I ask because I'll have to keep this structure because of the use of this formula in each line of the chorus. For example "the most important is to give, and to not require anything" in 4th line. Is "What matters is to ....." better? (at least it's shorter). I know something totally different would be better but again the structure must remain the same...

Peu importe ce qu'on donne
Un sourire, une couronne
A quelqu'un ou bien à personne
Peu importe ce qu'on donne
Donner c'est comme recevoir
Mais sans s'en apercevoir
Comme quand on pardonne à ceux qu'on aime
Qu'on goûte à l'opium d'aimer quand même
D'aimer quand même...
D'aimer quand même...

L'important c'est d'aimer, pour tout donner
L'important c'est d'y croire sans s'en apercevoir
L'important c'est toujours d'être en amour
L'important c'est donner, et ne rien demander

Peu importe ce qu'on laisse
A tous ceux qui nous délaissent
Qu'on survive ou qu'on disparaisse
Peu importe qui nous blesse
Laisser c'est comme tout vouloir
Mais sans s'en apercevoir

C'est comme une faiblesse pour ceux qu'on aime
C'est presqu'une promesse d'aimer quand même
D'aimer quand même...
D'aimer quand même...

Peu importe ce qu'on dit
Avec des mots ou des cris
Quand c'est le cœur qui parle aussi
Peu importe ce qu'on vit
Il faut toujours le vouloir
Et bien s'en apercevoir

Comme quand on sourit à ceux qu'on aime
Qu'on goûte à l'opium d'aimer quand même
D'aimer quand même...
D'aimer quand même...

D'aimer quand même, comme je voudrais que l'on m'aime
Pour tout donner, à tous ceux qui eux m'ont aimé
D'aimer quand même
Comme je voudrais que l'on m'aime

C-4
08-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Thank you aFrenchie, even for the translation as it exists to these lyrics.
This song is really beautifully sung by both women in the duet and has a wonderful melody.

Brad should try to get this uploaded to the site along with some other duets by Alizée and various French singers.

Thank you again aFrenchie for all your effort!
Stephen

aFrenchie
08-15-2006, 11:12 AM
The original song uses the "on" article that is like "one" in English but I thought that "you" should be better (?). I mean here for example: "It doesn't matter what you give" instead of "It doesn't matter what one gives"
I'm sure I've done ugly English phrases. Up to you to improve it!

What matters is to love

It doesn't matter what you give
A smile, a crown
To somebody or to nobody
It doesn't matter what you give
Giving is like receiving
But without realizing it
Like when you forgive people that you love
When you taste the opium of loving anyway
Loving anyway...
Loving anyway...

What matters is to love, for the sake of giving everything
What matters is to believe in love, without realizing it
What matters is to be always in love
What matters is to give, and to not require anything

It doesn't matter what you leave
To all those who forsake you
Whether you survive or disappear
It doesn't matter who wounded you
Leaving is like desiring everything
But without realizing it

It is like a weakness for those you love
Almost a promise of loving anyway
Loving anyway...
Loving anyway...

It doesn't matter what you say
With words or cries
When your heart speaks too
It doesn't matter what you live
You should want it all the time
And realize it very well

Like when you smile to those you love
When you taste the opium of loving anyway
Loving anyway...
Loving anyway...

Loving anyway, as I wish to be loved
To give everything, to all those who did love me
Loving anyway
As I wish to be loved

Bob
08-15-2006, 01:16 PM
thanks afrenchie

trofast
08-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Mr aFrenchie... simply excellent! :D
If possible, I love listening to the song more now that I know what they are singing. :p

And btw... Alizée; where are you? We miss you! :(

C-4
08-15-2006, 02:52 PM
aFrenchie,
You RULE, my friend. Merci!
Stephen

dvtq
08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
thank Frenchie for the English Lyrics, so good :D

aFrenchie
08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the praises, you're gonna make me cry like Alizée :o
I'm glad you enjoy! :)

RadioactiveMan
08-16-2006, 03:17 AM
Do you know what they're talking about after the song? I'm most interested in what Alizée said to make everyone laugh. I laughed at it but only to fit in. :(

Edit: The first time I watched the video, I don't think that I was paying enough attention. I watched it again tonight and I'm watching it one more time because now I love the performance. I'm not a fan of Natasha St Pier, but I think that Alizée sang beautifully in the video.

aFrenchie
08-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Do you know what they're talking about after the song? I'm most interested in what Alizée said to make everyone laugh. I laughed at it but only to fit in. :(Now I have to find that video then. Link? (no huge hi-res download please. YouTube or Google video will be ok)

dvtq
08-16-2006, 10:27 AM
here you are, plz ^^ http://dvtqlife.googlepages.com/alizeeclip

aFrenchie
08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the link dvtq...
The original talk: (whew! :) ). Translation later!

[Evelyne] L'important C'est d'Aimer. Elles n'avaient jamais chanté ensemble. Je vous demande d'accueillir Natasha St Pier et Alizée !

[Song...]

[Evelyne] Natasha St Pier, Alizée. Pour Laurette, un an après. Merci à toutes les deux. Alizée bonsoir, asseyez-vous je vous en prie. Dans quelques instants, toutes les deux, vous qui symbolisez la nouvelle génération, allez nous offrir deux cadeaux extrêmement personnels. Mais je vous propose, et puis vous le savez bien sûr, vous l'avez entendu puisque vous étiez dans les coulisses, nous allons découvrir tout à l'heure quelle est la femme française qui ce soir peut regarder son mari avec un grand sourire. Une téléspectatrice, je vous le rappelle, ira là où aucune femme ne va jamais. C'est à dire dans le haut lieu du sex-appeal, c'est à dire les vestiaires des rugbymen du stade français. Vous êtes resté avec nous Christophe pour assurer la relève. Pour l'instant, nous allons recevoir si je puis dire un... (cut made here in the show)...
... faire avancer la lutte contre la leucémie et devenir les heureux propriétaires d'objets incroyables, fétiches très personnels et de grandes soirées aussi avec des stars que vous n'avez pas l'habitude de côtoyer. Il est temps maintenant de découvrir quels sont les cadeaux que Natasha et Alizée nous ont offerts. Natasha et Alizée, je crois que... où elle est... euh... quel est le cadeau que vous avez décidé de nous offrir... J'ai perdu Natasha St Pier !
[Alizée] Elle est là...
[Evelyne] Elle est... Aah, elle... Je voy.. Je ne vous voyais plus ! Je me disais mais qu'est-ce qu'il se passe (rires). Il est temps... Elle se faisait toute discrète ! Et je sais pourquoi...
[Muriel Robin] Ça va mieux j'sens, hein ? Ça va mieux...
[Evelyne] C'est l'heure...
[Muriel Robin] Liane Foly, on y va doucement. Ça va très bien se passer. Nolwen.
[Evelyne] Vous savez pourquoi elle se faisait discrète ? Car elle ne veut pas se séparer de son cadeau
[Muriel Robin] Je vais lui tendre un piège. Stéphanie Fugain... Elle s'en rend même pas compte, c'est terrible !
[Evelyne] (Rires)
[Stéphanie] Et Marie Fugain
[Muriel Robin] Marie... Voilà...
[Evelyne] Vous moquez pas Muriel
[Muriel Robin] Si je me moque. Eh bien si ! Si !
[Evelyne] C'est pas gentil. Vous savez que je suis très très émue aussi ce soir d'être avec vous, en direct... Natasha
[Natasha] Oui
[Evelyne] et Alizée, je sais à quel point vous avez tenu à offrir quelque chose de très très personnel. Qu'est-ce que c'est Natasha ?
[Natasha] Eh bien moi, c'est le petit pendentif que je porte en ce moment, c'est un petit collier
[Evelyne] Non, celui-là même ?
[Natasha] Oui oui. ...qu'on m'a offert en cadeau un jour et... Par quelqu'un qui m'est très cher, et il m'a toujours porté chance jusqu'à présent. Et j'espère que ça portera chance à l'association et la personne qui le recevra
[Evelyne] Eh bien si vous voulez porter le collier porte bonheur, celui que Natasha St Pier porte sur son cou, 08-97-66-7000 et vous tapez le 7. Enfin vous Alizée, vous avez tenu à offrir, alors là aussi, quelque chose d'absolument incroyable. Qu'est-ce que c'est ?
[Alizée] Alors pendant mon... Lorsque j'ai chanté ma chanson J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, j'avais une tenue rose et une tenue bleue. Et donc c'est cette tenue bleue que j'offre, que j'ai portée, beh... lors de la promotion de mon single sur tous les plateaux télé
[Evelyne] La tenue...
[Alizée] ...et qu'on a vue beaucoup, qu'on a vue partout
[Evelyne] ...la tenue d'Alizée, ultra courte là aussi, un peu comme le kilt de Jennifer, mais si vous voulez l'acquérir, là vous faites le même numéro 08-97-66-7000 et vous tapez le 08. Stéphanie maintenant je vous propose de faire la connaissance d'une jeune fille qui est... qui a un courage absolument incroyable... (cut)

aditya8617
08-16-2006, 04:07 PM
You are a great asset aFrenchie, gald to have you on the forum.

RadioactiveMan
08-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the help, aFrenchie. It's greatly appreciated. Today I found subtitles for the version that I downloaded here (http://vdb.alizee.cz/subs/s00005en.rar) but when I tried to load them with Media Player Classic it wanted me to do something that I don't understand so it doesn't help me.

aFrenchie
08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Today I found subtitles for the version that I downloaded here (http://vdb.alizee.cz/subs/s00005en.rar) but when I tried to load them with Media Player Classic it wanted me to do something that I don't understand so it doesn't help me.
Thanks for the rar, it helped me! (just open the SRT file in Notepad for example). I've done lots of copy-pasting :D but I've fixed many things too...

[Evelyne] L'important C'est d'Aimer. They never sang together yet. Will you please welcome Natasha St Pier and Alizée !

[Song...]

[Evelyne] Natasha St Pier, Alizée. "Pour Laurette, un an après" [name of the TV show, "For Laurette, one year later"]. Thanks to both of you. Alizée good evening, sit down please. In a few moments, both of you, you who symbolize the new generation, are going to offer us two extremely personal gifts. But I propose you, and you know of course, you heard about it since you were backstage, we're going to discover in a few moment which French woman is going to look at her husband with a big smile tonight. A female televiewer, remember, will go where no woman has ever gone. I mean in the center of sex-appeal: rugbymen's locker room of the Stade Français (stadium). You have stayed with us, Christophe, to assure the take-over. Right now, we're going to receive, if I can say it... (cut made here in the show)...
... advance the fight against leukemia and become happy owners of incredible objects, very personal fetishes and also grand evenings with stars that you don't usually get to see close up. It's now time to discover what gifts Natasha and Alizée are offering to us. Natasha and Alizée, I think... where is she?... err... what's the gift that you decided to give us? I've lost Natasha St. Pier!
[Alizée] She's right there...
[Evelyne] She is... Aah, she... I saw.. I couldn't see you! I was like, what's going on?! (laughs). It's time... She was so very discrete! And I know why...
[Muriel Robin] I feel it's ok eh? Much better now...
[Evelyne] It's time...
[Muriel Robin] Liane Foly, keep cool... Things are going to be fine Nolwen. [she's joking on Evelyne (TV host), imitating her lost, mixing lots of people, etc]
[Evelyne] Do you know why she was so discrete? Because she doesn't want to be separated from her gift.
[Muriel Robin] I'm going to set her a trap. Stéphanie Fugain... She doesn't even realize, it's terrible!
[Evelyne] (laughs)
[Stéphanie] And Marie Fugain
[Muriel Robin] Marie... Voila...
[Evelyne] Don't mock me Muriel
[Muriel Robin] Yes I do! Yes!
[Evelyne] (laughs) That's not nice. You know I'm very very moved as well tonight to be with you, live... Natasha
[Natasha] Yes
[Evelyne] ...and Alizée, I know how you really wanted to offer something very very personal. What is it Natasha?
[Natasha] Well for me it's the little pendant that I'm wearing right now, it's a little necklace
[Evelyne] No. This one?
[Natasha] Yes, yes. ...that was given to me as a gift one day and... By someone who is very dear to me, and it has always brought me good luck up to now. And I hope that it will bring good luck to the association and to the person who will receive it.
[Evelyne] Well if you want to wear the good-luck necklace, the one that Natasha St. Pier is wearing on her neck, 08-97-66-7000, then press 7. Now you, Alizée, you wanted to offer, well, again, something absolutely incredible. What is it?
[Alizée] Well during my... When I sang my song "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans", I had a pink outfit and a blue outfit. And it's this blue outfit that I'm offering, that I was wearing, well... during the promotion of my single on every TV show
[Evelyne] The outfit...
[Alizée] ...and that we saw a lot, that we saw everywhere
[Evelyne] ...Alizée's outfit, also ultra-short, kind of like Jenifer's kilt, but if you want to acquire it, you dial the same number 08-97-66-7000 and you press 08. Stéphanie now I propose you to meet a young girl who is... who has absolutely incredible courage... (cut)

brad
08-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the help, aFrenchie. It's greatly appreciated. Today I found subtitles for the version that I downloaded here (http://vdb.alizee.cz/subs/s00005en.rar) but when I tried to load them with Media Player Classic it wanted me to do something that I don't understand so it doesn't help me.

u need to download a program called 'vobsub' .. if you have that running, it will put the srt file over the video when you play it.

C-4
08-23-2006, 07:15 AM
The site doesn't play the video anymore! I am mad as hell! That song was so good.
Does anyone know where else to find it that plays?
Thanks
Stephen

aFrenchie
08-23-2006, 08:12 AM
The site doesn't play the video anymore! I am mad as hell! That song was so good.
Does anyone know where else to find it that plays?
Thanks
Stephen
I'm pretty sure someone gave a link to a hi-res video of it in another thread lately.

brad
08-23-2006, 08:36 AM
you can download the original full quality version from here ...

http://www.alizee-forum.com/lhtopic,13824,0,0,asc,.html

garçoncanadien
08-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Could you advise me on how to use Vobsub please?

Thanks