PDA

View Full Version : Added a video

SilentFox
09-20-2007, 01:26 PM
k ive seen videos on peoples repley's and i have been trying to figure that out now for a bit but i am lost so how do you do it?

JCC
09-20-2007, 01:35 PM
k ive seen videos on peoples repley's and i have been trying to figure that out now for a bit but i am lost so how do you do it?

Just hit the "quote" button at the bottom right. If the person posting has a video in his/her message, just hit quote button and all the content in THEIR message will be in your replay.

If you referring to posting a video w/in a new message, you need the embed coding from the video source...ie. youtube, dailymotion, etc

nurvonic
09-20-2007, 02:23 PM
yeah come on SilentFox. the embed code is just under the video on youtube and dailymotion, and on some sites its just to the right. just look for the word "embed" and copy and paste that code to your post. i thought that was common knowledge by now. :p

SilentFox
09-20-2007, 02:43 PM
lol well not with me! so just copy and paste the embed code and thats it?

Toc De Mac
09-20-2007, 03:15 PM
lol well not with me! so just copy and paste the embed code and thats it?

Yep, that's it. :D

SilentFox
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
great thxs guys! probable the dumbest question you guys had to answer today haha!

Rev
09-20-2007, 06:04 PM
yeah come on SilentFox. the embed code is just under the video on youtube and dailymotion, and on some sites its just to the right. just look for the word "embed" and copy and paste that code to your post. i thought that was common knowledge by now. :p

You know what they say when you assume ... :p

By the way, it is not always that easy. I have tried several times to copy video code from YouTube and for some reason it corrupts coming over. Haven't figured out why yet. The code looks perfect and yet won't run.

SilentFox
09-21-2007, 09:57 AM
IT could be blocked by the user that put the video there, or they just made the video private so that nobody can share it.

JCC
09-21-2007, 10:10 AM
You know what they say when you assume ... :p

By the way, it is not always that easy. I have tried several times to copy video code from YouTube and for some reason it corrupts coming over. Haven't figured out why yet. The code looks perfect and yet won't run.

Its not that hard, guyz! Just copy the EMBED code from the video. One way to see if your message works is to hit preview first before posting. THEN you'll know if its corrupt, screwed up, whatever....and if you need to recopy the coding. Your message +video should show up...if not, restart your message

This isn't rocket science....its ALizee science!! :D:D

SilentFox
09-21-2007, 10:15 AM
This isn't rocket science....its ALizee science!! :D:D

lol thats good JCC

Roman
09-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Ok, well I did a direct copy of the CODE from YouTube and Ctrl+V pasted it here. This is what happens. What's up?

Alrighty then, just doesn't work for me. It's interesting, if I paste that and do preview then come back to the message edit window, it shows up as a big square with the image missing icon (white rectangle with red X in middle). But, as you saw, it shows up in my message as just a bunch of text and that square at the front. I don't suppose it's something weird with IE7? Oh well, I'll just use links.

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z55Ig70HZgU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/z55Ig70HZgU[/url]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Capn
09-26-2007, 04:09 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z55Ig70HZgU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z55Ig70HZgU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
must be doing it wrong it works for me?

SilentFox
09-26-2007, 10:01 AM
There are some videos off of youtube that will let you use the embed code but then as you add them the file is corrupted, youtube is well known for that

Edcognito
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM

DUDE! there is SOOO much that is NOT "common knowledge" that it fills books! You've grown up with the interweb. When i was your age, there wasn't one to speak of. :( You really don't know (can't really) that all this knowledge is "frontloaded" on younger peeps, and its "backloaded" on us old guys (sometimes the younger guys, but you get my drift).

Common knowledge changes with the ages man - just wait - in 35 years you'll be going "AAAAHHHH! NOW i know what Edcognito was talking about!".... :blink: :D :)

Ed:cool:

Edcognito
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z55Ig70HZgU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z55Ig70HZgU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
must be doing it wrong it works for me?

ROFL and ROFLMFAO!

That SOOOO looks like an exercise video! And that hair on the person on the right! ZOMG! WTF died on his head????

sorry - just had to do it... :( I'm a bad person i know - i'll go stand in the corner and "punish" myself! :eek:

Ed:cool:

Roman
09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, I've been a computer tech for like over 10 years, but while that may help me figure things out, it does not magically impart any knowledge. I still must take the time to read instructions or try things out. I acutally did try all the insert and quote options and copied and pasted mutiple times. I didn't do anything "wrong" it just doesn't work. That Madonna video is what I was trying to post. It worked for Capn, not me. If there's one thing that I've learned about computers in the last 12 years it's that often stuff just plain doesn't work. Frankly, I have neither the inclination nor the time to make this a crusade. That's part of the difference between people. Adults generally have less time for things than children, though some adults are obviously just a lot slicker about figuring things out than others. (I used to be one of those. Not anymore?)

Yeah, that video I posted for the Celebration thread. Ha! I'll tell you, after looking at the dance moves of some of these other singers, Alizée looks better all the time.

JCC
09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
When i comes to TECHIE stuff, nothing is common knowledge...im finding out. I used to work in a computer lab at my college and you'd be surprised how many COLLEGE students don't know how to Attach a file to an Email message....

One student received an email from someone she doesn't know...and just decided to UNZIP the attachment that came w/the email! Our network caught the virus & contrled the Worm that was released....but c'mon!!

SilentFox
09-26-2007, 06:17 PM
When i comes to TECHIE stuff, nothing is common knowledge...im finding out. I used to work in a computer lab at my college and you'd be surprised how many COLLEGE students don't know how to Attach a file to an Email message....

One student received an email from someone she doesn't know...and just decided to UNZIP the attachment that came w/the email! Our network caught the virus & contrled the Worm that was released....but c'mon!!

I know many things about computers, its just the small things that i need reminding of like the video thing for me its small and sometimes not important.