PDA

View Full Version : Music

Urb4n
08-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Alright, so its a given that you love the music style of Alizee's right? Right.

So is this the kind of music you have always listened to or is she sort of the black sheep in your playlists? Personally, I have never really been into any sort of pop(American or otherwise) until I heard her, and even at that rate, she is still just about the only one I listen to.

Personally, I like almost everything, as long as it has a nice beat (something I can move to) I'll listen to it and enjoy it.I have just about every genre of music under the sun. But if I had to pick it'd probably be House or Breakbeat music.

What about you kids? What are your playlists like?

RadioactiveMan
08-17-2006, 01:31 AM
My regular playlist has a great deal of Kiss, then Aerosmith as well as ACDC, Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, ZZ Top, Motley Crue, Backman-Turner Overdrive, Queen, some Alice Cooper and Joan Jett. Kiss makes up almost half of the list.

I have some other French stuff by France Gall, Mylene Farmer, Jeremy Chatelain, and Axelle Red but I don't have much and those songs aren't in a playlist. I'd like to get more but I'm not in a hurry to acquire it.

Spartan500
08-17-2006, 01:37 AM
for me its basically like radio but with less kiss lol and more zeppelin and ACDC and yeah urb4n alizee is the "blacksheep" on my playlist

Urb4n
08-17-2006, 01:45 AM
ahhh, I used to be so big on the classic rock like you guys. Still love it, just can't sit and listen to it anymore though.. weird. I hold on to it all still though, never know when I might want to go back to it.

riva2model64
08-17-2006, 01:48 AM
other than Alizée, i listen to techno/trance and classical

Urb4n
08-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Do you like that hardcore Industrial techno? God thats a 'headache-n-a-minute' right there. Some of it is good though. I like falling asleep to a good trance song, I'll admit.

dvtq
08-17-2006, 01:54 AM
dance remix like groove coverage
rap Eminem
and all kind of music if i feel it's good, ofcourse classical is my favorite too.

Bob
08-17-2006, 02:59 AM
haha shes my "black sheep " also i have a lot of everything cept gospel, pop, and country

Urb4n
08-17-2006, 03:01 AM
What is it about country? The people who like it don't like anything else and everyone else doesn't like it. I try to be as open minded to the music style, but I just cannot relate at all.

Bob
08-17-2006, 03:19 AM
What is it about country? The people who like it don't like anything else and everyone else doesn't like it. I try to be as open minded to the music style, but I just cannot relate at all.

haha very true

nurvonic
08-17-2006, 05:09 AM
My playlist is mostly rock, some metal, punk, pop, and of course Alizee is in a genre of her own. No rap tho. i cant stand rap, or country for that matter. But i do have some johnny cash on my playlist. It just really depends on whether or not the music sounds at least half way decent, and rap today sounds like shit

riva2model64
08-17-2006, 09:34 AM
while i don't really listen to rap, i must say that i enjoy what they call "old-school rap"

as far as i'm concerned, i agree with you; rap like that does not exist anymore

HibyPrime
08-17-2006, 11:35 AM
would old school rap be 90's rap? I like most rap right up until ~2003 - or whenever 50 cent made it big.. the new stuff today is just annoying..

I have about 80% alizee songs in my collection, because when I dont want to listen to her I usually turn on the radio or use Yahoo's radio (music.yahoo.ca/com).. there is a music.yahoo.fr but it wont let me listen to any of the music there unless I live in france..

I'll listen to anything but chinese/french/new american rap, country and emo (so called "punk rock") music.

You should listen to some french or chinese rap, it sounds so funny, and not the good funny.

my entire collection - http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7953/musicyj5.jpg

Urb4n
08-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Haha, I admit I like some rap. But definitely the older stuff more so. I'm talking about groups like The Sugar Hill Gang. They are awesome. But there are a few modern rap songs out there that I'll listen to, not so much for the lyrics, but I like the music itself.

DJ_Greg
08-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Alizée is definitely my black sheep.

I listen to a lot of indie rock, mostly. Some mainstream modern rock, too, but almost nothing from Top 40. It's just too cheesy and over-the-top for me.

I have a passing interest in other styles - folk, blues, bluegrass, classical, metal, non-mainstream hip-hop, etc. I really like just about anything, if it's well done.

General Patton
08-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Alizée is definitely my black sheep.

I listen to a lot of indie rock, mostly. Some mainstream modern rock, too, but almost nothing from Top 40. It's just too cheesy and over-the-top for me.

I have a passing interest in other styles - folk, blues, bluegrass, classical, metal, non-mainstream hip-hop, etc. I really like just about anything, if it's well done.

Its sorta like I listen to, as long as it inspires me, and I like the music

riva2model64
08-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Do you like that hardcore Industrial techno? God thats a 'headache-n-a-minute' right there. Some of it is good though. I like falling asleep to a good trance song, I'll admit.

any of you heard the techno remix of Mylene Farmer's Desenchantee?

it's called Kate Ryan- Desenchantee

C-4
08-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I have played guitar most of my life, including doing session work for quite some time, as well as playing in multiple bands.
I am called upon to play what I am hired to play. Most of that is commercial music.
As a result, I listen to many different types of music, but don't buy very much as I am too busy making music.
I have everything I could find and buy on Alizee, which is the first artist I can remember buying music of in 30 years.
I listen to it all the time. Everything else, I'm paid to perform.
I would love to be able to do a French or European tour as one of her guitarists.

DJ_Greg
08-21-2006, 01:13 PM
C-4, that's really cool. Who have you played with/for?

C-4
08-22-2006, 06:51 AM
The session work I did was done before the artist got into the studio to sing.
I've played with Jeff Baxter of Steeley Dan/Doobie Bros., people from Marshall Tucker, L.A. session players, people from the group Boston, people from the "E" Street Band, country players like Steve Wariner, session players from Garth Brooks' band, Stu Kimble from Bob Dylan's band, former players from Gloria Estefan's band, etc. Usually, I don't find out much about these guys until after the session is over. It's just part of the business, no biggy, really.

With the "E" Street Band, I played with those people many times and use to play every week at Big Man's West, Clarance Clemmons' night club. Bruce and his band were there every week that we played there. They are local people from my area in N.J. and are regular guys. My wife used to work out with Bruce at a fitness club in Red Bank every day.

DJ_Greg
08-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Haha, wow, that's awesome. Bruce has made his living on the "regular guy" image, so it's kinda cool to hear that's really true.