PDA

View Full Version : Future Alizee Interviews & Performances

rcs
10-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Question for Brad, Mods or musical politicians:

September 27th was an Alizee-America milestone watching live footage of Alizee's return. As of now, what are our chances that we will see any new video footage of Alizee added to our video department?

1. Will Alizee-fansites be able to immediately add her future music videos to their websites as they come out, or does a certain amount of time have to elapse before uploading? *seems like stealing, jw*

2. What about live TV performances and interviews? There can't be anything holding us up here, could there?

Two things...One I'm trying to get a time-line on new video content being added here upon any new Alizee footage. And two, in your opinion, what can we expect from Alizee this time around? Do you think she will curtail the amount of free video exposure?

Fish
10-02-2007, 02:04 AM
While I'm not too well-versed on the legality of it, I'm sure as long as we don't intend to distribute it for profit, no harm. Interviews and performances aren't like TV shows, which will be sold later on for profit in DVD sets, so I'd think them being on the internet would be fine.

Hopefully, anyway. They could pull a Viacom on us and hoard anything they produce, but I doubt it.

Capn
10-02-2007, 07:50 AM
nah I don't think they hold the publishing rights for those the only people that could really complain is the TV station

brad
10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
stuff will be here as soon as possible after it comes out. then i am sure some of our french speaking friends will help translate it, that may take a day or so longer.

espire
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
If you're really picky, then yes, anything broadcast on paid or public access TV is copyright by somebody. It could be the network, it could be a syndication, but it is most certainly copyright. This would make it technically against the law to download or upload any of Alizée's performances in the US because of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Lucky for us in Canada, the rules are much more fuzzy, to the point that nobody cares at all about digital copyright violation. Of course, Brad has nothing to fear, as the videos on this site only benefit Alizée, her entire team, and Universal/Sony BMG.

rcs
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
...Lucky for us in Canada, the rules are much more fuzzy, to the point that nobody cares at all about digital copyright violation.

Worst case scenario, can we borrow some of your fuzzy laws:D

Capn
10-03-2007, 08:15 AM
or brad moves the hosting up to canada lol

Zack -Alizee Lover-
10-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Lucky for us in Canada, the rules are much more fuzzy, to the point that nobody cares at all about digital copyright violation. Of course, Brad has nothing to fear, as the videos on this site only benefit Alizée, her entire team, and Universal/Sony BMG.

Why didn't you mention Mexico :blink: