PDA

View Full Version : My Ears Hurt After This Video

Mon Maquis
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MwKk_nUSbE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MwKk_nUSbE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

What do you think?

-b

Solaris
10-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Hey at least their heart is in the right place I guess. They aren't all that good but I really just like the fact that they practiced and whatnot to learn the song, good for them. Much more than I can do though.

Capn
10-24-2007, 03:36 AM
oh god my ears are pouring with blood!!!!!!!

Toc De Mac
10-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Much better than I could do, anyways.

Capn
10-24-2007, 06:43 AM
I don't claim to be able to better just that this should not have been attempted

JCC
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
its not that bad....at least they weren't trying to sing. I've heard worse

SilentFox
10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
not to bad. but i have heard worse

Killian
10-24-2007, 02:43 PM
There are parts, such as the chorus, where they are incredibly out of time with eachother, and they lack the wonderful tone of the acoustic guitar that really made the live version great, but, at least, they made an effort.

CFHollister
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Common! Give credit where credit is due. Figuring out and arranging the En Concert variation for 3 guitars, taking the time to practice together, and record it to do honor to Alizée is all very noble and takes a level of skill most of us would be unable to improve on or even duplicate. Sure, there's plenty of room for improvement, but at least they did it.

Chommpers
10-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Common! Give credit where credit is due. Figuring out and arranging the En Concert variation for 3 guitars, taking the time to practice together, and record it to do honor to Alizée is all very noble and takes a level of skill most of us would be unable to improve on or even duplicate. Sure, there's plenty of room for improvement, but at least they did it.

I agree, it wasent that bad but I'm sure they will improve.

Killian
10-24-2007, 05:06 PM

I thought I had given them credit. I will say this the part of the voice (the guitar playing Alizée vocals) was great, the only thing that let it down was the thing I mentioned above.

I am sure they could play it much better, but the pressure of being recorded messed them up slightly. If the guitar playing the power chords had a slightly nicer sound, it would have been much better, but it was a very good attempt.

nurvonic
10-24-2007, 05:31 PM
yah i thought they did pretty good. well, better than i could of done anyway. of course theres room for improvement. i commend anyone who can play an instrument, for i didnt have the patience to learn anything when i was younger. i would really like to learn how to play the piano, and jam out some alizee tunes on it and post it youtube also, so you people would see how 'bloody aweful' it is.

kdc300z
12-28-2007, 10:50 AM

I agree completely. That was a lot of work, and anybody who plays an instrument should agree as well EVEN if you did not like their performance.

INDUSTRIAL
12-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Not that great.

Paulina
12-29-2007, 01:58 AM
It's the thought that counts :)

BluKrim
12-29-2007, 02:19 AM
I think they did a great job. They could definately improve it but think about how hard it is to do that. I think they did an amazing job. And this also makes me appreciate lili's work alot and the music and how it was composed even if she didn't right it all she has to dance and sing and stay on time all the time. They did a really good job and I bet they might go at it again and even better.

Fusoya
12-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Its not that bad, they are doing fine.
But when compared to the original they arent that good though :P

They are not proffesionals, and I can hear what song it is supposed to be.

Runner Simon
01-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I think it was pretty awsome, some misses, but what the heck?