PDA

View Full Version : I saw it!

DJ_Greg
08-20-2006, 04:16 PM
My friend has been bugging me to play World of Warcraft for over a year now, and I finally gave in when he let me borrow the discs and set up a free 10-day trial.

So I'm just kind of wandering around yesterday, and this elf chick comes up to me, needing help with something. She's begging, kneeling, crying, whatever... all the random "emote" options you have in the game. Then she starts dancing, and I'm like, "Holy shit! It really IS Alizée's dance!"

At that point I just had to help her, even those she's on the Alliance and I'm on the Horde. Technically, I think I was supposed to try and kill her. But who can resist J'en Ai Marre?

Spartan500
08-20-2006, 04:18 PM
lol i have never played the game but the dance must be the night elf's secret weapon

Bob
08-20-2006, 04:19 PM
My friend has been bugging me to play World of Warcraft for over a year now, and I finally gave in when he let me borrow the discs and set up a free 10-day trial.

So I'm just kind of wandering around yesterday, and this elf chick comes up to me, needing help with something. She's begging, kneeling, crying, whatever... all the random "emote" options you have in the game. Then she starts dancing, and I'm like, "Holy shit! It really IS Alizée's dance!"

At that point I just had to help her, even those she's on the Alliance and I'm on the Horde. Technically, I think I was supposed to try and kill her. But who can resist J'en Ai Marre?

haha thats hilarious... im so glad i stopped playing that game like a week after myt friend showed me it

cane17
08-20-2006, 07:45 PM
My friend told me about that.lol

Urb4n
08-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Hehe, I can't think of any other person who dances like that. Makes you wonder if some people on the design team at Blizzard are Alizee fans.

And for your own sake Greg, quit playing now.

Bob
08-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Hehe, I can't think of any other person who dances like that. Makes you wonder if some people on the design team at Blizzard are Alizee fans.

And for your own sake Greg, quit playing now.

haha so true, i bet they all are

Matrix
08-20-2006, 10:29 PM
DJ Greg, I got a lvl 35 female Night Elf Hunter named, Alizee. Whenever i go into Stormwind or Ironforge, I do the "dance". My pets are: a white bat, named Youpidoo and a the black lion named Jenaimarre.

I've had several people come up to me and say..." are you really Alizee ? " I created that night elf specifically to get that reaction and to let people know that Blizzard got that dance move from Alizee.

Bob
08-20-2006, 10:31 PM
DJ Greg, I got a lvl 35 female Night Elf Hunter named, Alizee. Whenever i go into Stormwind or Ironforge, I do the "dance". My pets are: a white bat, named Youpidoo and a the black lion named Jenaimarre.

I've had several people come up to me and say..." are you really Alizee ? " I created that night elf specifically to get that reaction and to let people know that Blizzard got that dance move from Alizee.

haha lol.....wow....thats funny as hell..i wanna get that game just to go find you:D :D

Matrix
08-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Bob, i cancelled my account with WOW. But my characters will always be there. I am currently working on the Alpha stage of Middle Earth Online for Turbine, well i will be tomorrow.

I volunteered to be a beta or alpha tester for Lord of the Rings movies massive online game.

HibyPrime
08-20-2006, 10:44 PM
seriously, listen to me when I say this..

DO NOT FUCKING PLAY WOW

its like smoking weed, except you arent with your friends when you are doing it.

if you want to see the result of what happens, ill give you my account info and you can go see the /played on it. I have ~90 days played including all of my characters, and about 55 days on my main. ~120 days is quite common for the average hardcore gamer, and the most hardcore of the hardcore are pushing ~200 (4800 hours in less than 2 years) days with no sight of them stopping.

when you get to max-level there is nothing to do but raid/pvp, and people will pressure you into doing it wether you really want to or not. being average in either of the two require 4-5 hours a day MINIMUM. to be competitive, your looking at 10+ hours a day (no joke whatsoever).

seriously, it takes an average of 15-20 days played (as in, up to 480 hours infront of your computer) to even get to lvl 60 (maxed level)..

UNINSTALL THE GAME AND QUIT NOW.

DJ_Greg
08-21-2006, 12:02 AM

My troll is named Jacotey and my pet is a white lion named Alizée. Night elves point at my pet and laugh. :D

rwd716
08-21-2006, 01:56 AM
If it hadn't been for WoW i wouldn't have met alizée.

General Patton
08-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Oblivion like WOW can't stop playing it....

RadioactiveMan
08-21-2006, 01:55 PM
This is why you should play terrible games that suck like Socom. The only thing that can make someone me angry than that P.O.S. is NHL '06, but that's because Brodeur keeps letting in weak goals and the referees never call penalties when I get hooked.

Bob
08-21-2006, 02:53 PM
This is why you should play terrible games that suck like Socom. The only thing that can make someone me angry than that P.O.S. is NHL '06, but that's because Brodeur keeps letting in weak goals and the referees never call penalties when I get hooked.

haha i thought you were so good? its not their fault you stink =)

RadioactiveMan
08-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Sometimes I have a bad game, but I'm never as bad as this guy (http://media.putfile.com/Hell-City). He gets a bunch of kills but he can't aim so I can only imagine how terrible his opponents must have been. I'm in a few of the videos that my clan made and it makes me look awesome (which is what I am). I'd post them but they're ~100 MB and you have to download them unlike the one above which is streaming. I doubt that anyone besides me cares how good my clan is on Socom.

Anyway, what's this thread about again?

Spartan500
08-21-2006, 03:59 PM
its about gregs experiance with world of warcraft

Gatchaman
08-21-2006, 04:11 PM
According to Blizzard, Alizee was indeed the inspiration for the female night elf dance. :)

DJ_Greg
08-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Oh, there's no doubt about that. It's too similar to not be.

jaco
08-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2622893306045670589&q=night+elf+dance) .... You can see it's really obvious, and this way u don't have to play world of warcrack :) The Wikipedia article "List of pop culture references in Warcraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pop_culture_references_in_Warcraft)" also mentions this... :cool:

Bob
08-21-2006, 07:43 PM
yea Wow released a statement saying it was based after her...and all you guys that play WoW are LOSERS =)

vctralca
08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
I am completely sure that these Blizzard guys are Alizée fans, you know all the others dances are well known like MJ one, so i think placing Alizée dance along with the others is quite big , so i think these guys really like her :D Well who wouldnt!!;)

Bob
08-22-2006, 02:14 AM
i bet brad works for Blizzard =)

General Patton
08-22-2006, 07:57 AM
No it does something with maps...