Goutte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over

Fais moi une faveur mon lover,
C'est providentiel,
Ce fut jamais vert

MesGourmandises
11-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Merci beacoup RMJ! Tres tres bien :)

Thanks so much for doing not one, not two, but three songs :)
Have you downloaded these songs completely? Have you listened to the full version? If not where did you transcribe the lyrics???

espire
11-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Have you downloaded these songs completely? Have you listened to the full version? If not where did you transcribe the lyrics???

RMJ tends to make sure we know that he has the songs, but doesn't go to quite the same lengths to give them to us ;)

MesGourmandises
11-17-2007, 10:50 PM
RMJ tends to make sure we know that he has the songs, but doesn't go to quite the same lengths to give them to us ;)

Ah what else is knew. It would be to good to be true.
How about if I said I'd def buy the album? I mean now that its on Amazon US its accessible!!

espire
11-17-2007, 11:00 PM
How about if I said I'd def buy the album? I mean now that its on Amazon US its accessible!!

It's actually just as possible that he only found the lyrics on a Francophone forum or something of the like. If he does have them, I can tell you that you won't be getting them from him!

RMJ
11-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Well, you can be damn sure I'd never share her songs.

garçoncanadien
11-18-2007, 09:38 AM
the people would like to know where did you get the lyric texts from?

heyamigo
11-18-2007, 09:39 AM
yes please credit sources.

fsquared
11-18-2007, 10:34 AM
yes please credit sources.

Does it really matter? Most likely he'll say "posted by X over at AFC" or "over at mylene.net" or something, and then you'll wonder where they got it from. I mean, it's one thing to require credibility of sources about things like appearances. But a lyric translation doesn't seem to matter quite as much (to me anyway).

If you're trying to get him to reveal whether he has the songs or not, why bother? If he does, be happy for him. If not, then he's in the same boat as everyone else.

heyamigo
11-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Does it really matter? Most likely he'll say "posted by X over at AFC" or "over at mylene.net" or something, and then you'll wonder where they got it from. I mean, it's one thing to require credibility of sources about things like appearances. But a lyric translation doesn't seem to matter quite as much (to me anyway).

If you're trying to get him to reveal whether he has the songs or not, why bother? If he does, be happy for him. If not, then he's in the same boat as everyone else.

well i don't usually care, but in this case since he's the only one that seems to know so i thought i'd ask him to. more importantly, i feel that some of us may want to visit the original source to see if more information has been added or if there are tid-bits that might have been missed the first time. it has nothing to do with being happy for him or me being bothered about shadiness, so you seem to have mis-interpreted my question as having a tone of hostility, which was not my intention. :o

RadioactiveMan
11-18-2007, 11:25 AM

It was perfectly accessible from Amazon.fr too.

fsquared
11-18-2007, 12:26 PM
well i don't usually care, but in this case since he's the only one that seems to know so i thought i'd ask him to. more importantly, i feel that some of us may want to visit the original source to see if more information has been added or if there are tid-bits that might have been missed the first time. it has nothing to do with being happy for him or me being bothered about shadiness, so you seem to have mis-interpreted my question as having a tone of hostility, which was not my intention. :o

Sorry, perhaps I did misinterpret your question. In that case, my apologies. My best guess it's that it's from mylene.net. You can access the relevant AFC thread here:

http://www.alizee-fanclub.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2373&hl=paroles

atra201
11-18-2007, 01:31 PM
the people would like to know where did you get the lyric texts from?
gc you are so formal

atra201
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
i actually don't want to read any lyrics untill i hear the actual song

Zack -Alizee Lover-
11-18-2007, 01:39 PM
i want lilly town lyrics!!!

Killian
11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
i want lilly town lyrics!!!

I'm probably wrong but, I'm sensing you like Lilly Town..... Might just be my Lili-senses acting up though.

atra201
11-18-2007, 01:56 PM
is this lilly in lilly town a reference to lili ?
like lili town?

Zack -Alizee Lover-
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm probably wrong but, I'm sensing you like Lilly Town..... Might just be my Lili-senses acting up though.

Of course, lily town is like JEAM for me :)

fsquared
11-27-2007, 01:31 AM
OK, time for the double entendre analysis time:

"Feu vert mon lover
Goutte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over"

Green light my lover
Taste the flavor
Under my pull-over

Now, I don't know what it sounds like in French. It sounds downright filthy in the English translation. What does "pull-over" mean in French? In English, it has the two meanings of "park a car at a curb" and "sweater". And "green light my lover" in English sounds like an invitation for intimate relations, so following that with "taste the flavor under my sweater" is just, well, direct.

Thoughts?

brad
11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
i think this is one of my favorite songs on the album, i find myself singing it in my head all the time now ... love it :D

heyamigo
11-27-2007, 02:22 PM
brings a new light to taxi drivers. i never could've imagined the words sexy and taxy driver used together, but i guess it's different in france! :p

Killian
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
OK, time for the double entendre analysis time:

"Feu vert mon lover
Goutte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over"

Green light my lover
Taste the flavor
Under my pull-over

Now, I don't know what it sounds like in French. It sounds downright filthy in the English translation. What does "pull-over" mean in French? In English, it has the two meanings of "park a car at a curb" and "sweater". And "green light my lover" in English sounds like an invitation for intimate relations, so following that with "taste the flavor under my sweater" is just, well, direct.

Thoughts?

From what I have learned pull-over means sweater, so yeah the implications are, well, intriguing.

To be honest the whole song seems pretty direct. Unless, something is getting lost in translation, I would think the song does have very direct sexual implications, with little left to the imagination.

lefty12357
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes it is rather direct. If it is about Alizée, her taxi driver may represent Jérémy and the roles he's played in her life.

cocoroa
11-27-2007, 05:39 PM
:eek:

holy crap

Deepwaters
11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
"Pull-over" appears in the lyrics in English, so clearly it's a loan word. The question is, does it have the same double meaning as in English, i.e. a sweater or top, and also to drive to the side of the road and park? The main meaning would be the sweater, but the other meaning also has a sexual connotation in the context of dating and sex in a car. This is a culture that Alizée has probably never experienced, having had such an unusual adolescence, but Jean Fauque, who wrote these lyrics, probably did.

"Lover" is also a loan-word, although my mind strains to accept that French actually took a word in English for that, of all things! Maybe Fauque did it himself here to have something that rhymes with "pull-over" which "amant" or "amoureux" does not.

Yeah, this is a wonderfully erotic song. Fauque is a good replacement for Farmer, it would seem. :)

Lefty: I think it's a reliable rule of thumb that Alizée never sings songs about her current lover/boyfriend/husband, although she may occasionally sing some (e.g. Lui ou Toi) about previous ones. So no, this song surely has nothing to do with Jérémy. I would guess that it's probably not about Alizée herself, either.

Martin
11-28-2007, 02:24 AM
So Jeremy, is the writer, composer, keyboardist, producer, husband, father, lover and... the taxi driver as well. Quite a heavy burden on the shoulders of such a young fella :D

Ben
11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
There's an error in the original French here. "La fille élastique" should be "La vie élastique". Only noticed because I really like that line. It would probably be worthwhile to check through all these early transcriptions, as they seem to be done more by ear than by looking at the official text. I'll do that as time permits.

Killian
11-28-2007, 11:22 AM
There's an error in the original French here. "La fille élastique" should be "La vie élastique". Only noticed because I really like that line. It would probably be worthwhile to check through all these early transcriptions, as they seem to be done more by ear than by looking at the official text. I'll do that as time permits.

Well, that kind of takes away from one of the major sexual ennuendos in the song. Maybe, it isn't as direct as I thought?

Toc De Mac
12-10-2007, 06:58 AM
La rumor de tant de fureur... ;)

Killian
12-10-2007, 03:32 PM
La rumor de tant de fureur... ;)

Je ne comprends pas "rumor". Rumor est le mot anglais, et rumuer est le mot français, non?

Ange
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
wow jeremy is so lucky. no doubt the song is about him.

French Fan
12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Je ne comprends pas "rumor". Rumor est le mot anglais, et rumuer est le mot français, non?

Rumeur is the correct word in french ;)

Toc De Mac
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM

Oui, tu as raison. :D

Voilà ce qui m'arrive quand je me presse. ;)

Toc De Mac
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Here are the correct lyrics:

Eteins le moteur
Laisse le compteur
Que les aiguilles jouent les anguilles

Laissons les voleurs
Voler nos douleurs
Laissons aux rouleurs ce qui brille

Laisse les menteurs
Nier la chaleur
La mécanique au coeur des filles

Feu vert mon lover
Goûte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over

Si sexy mon taxi driver
C'est accidentel
Cet arrêt du coeur

Paris féerique
Sans périphérique
La rue meurt de tant de fureur

Métal et plastique
La vie élastique
Nous fait danser de faux bonheurs

Feu vert mon lover
Goûte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over

Fais moi une faveur mon lover
C'est providentiel
Ce feu jamais vert

Si sexy mon taxi driver

Ma petite musique*
Me rend électrique*

Si sexy mon taxi driver
Langueur et saveur
Rêveur for ever

Si sexy mon taxi driver
C'est accidentel
Cet arrêt du coeur

Feu vert mon lover
Goûte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over

Fais moi une faveur mon lover
C'est providentiel
Ce feu jamais vert

* = Unsure of, as these lines are not in the lyrics. It seems correct, though.

Just a few things that therefore need to be fixed:

1) Laissons aux rouleurs ce qui brille

(Let's) Leave the cyclists whatever shines

2) La mécanique au coeur des filles

"The engineer at the heart of girls"

3) Cet arrêt du coeur

Literally, "This heart failure." However, I would rather translate it as something along the lines of "This fluttering of the heart."

4) Paris féerique/Sans périphérique

"Enchanting Paris/Without circling roads"

5) La vie élastique/Nous fait danser de faux bonheurs

"Elastic life/Makes us dance to fake happinesses"

6) Ce feu jamais vert

"This never-green light"

I love this song more than ever... :wub:

Roman
09-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks Toc de Mac and some others who helped with the translations here. Some of the English one might want to use a different expression for. It even varies in English. But, I think this is pretty much it. My translation in it's entirety.
This song is so charged. It's sexy and ... I can't think of the word but when she says this "never-green light" it pulls on the heart strings to think of this passion restrained. She talks about langor and this "arrest of the heart" (a term which works for some people in English) being accidental. It seems they have a passion which maybe isn't quite going to work. So, it seems more romantic in a way if it's about Jérémy and therefore nice to think of that, but with this further understanding it doesn't quite seem right. Any way you look at it, what an incredible thing to me married to her. It just kills me. Further, it seems kind of whimsical the way the counter forces are brought in this song; so, more so even that word I can't think of. It's yet another example of a song with the potential to be very heavy with emotion, yet is tempered by the way it is presented and the way Alizée sings it. Result: we have a nice song that is interesting and evocative, but doesn't wear one out by over-doing it. And it leaves us with the image of Alizée's personality being somewhat researved, but we get a taste of a fire that burns in her love of romanticism which she keeps happily under control. Thinking of it this way, this is so much of the earlier era Alizée, though it sounds different. It is similar I think to À Contre-Courant. But it's late and I may not be thinking any of this through well enough. :p

"Mon Taxi Driver"

Éteins le moteur,
Laisse le compteur
Que les aiguilles jouent les anguilles

Laissons les voleurs
Voler nos douleurs
Laissons aux rouleurs ce qui brille

Laisse les menteurs
Nier la chaleur
La mécanique au cœur des filles

Feu vert mon lover
Goûte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over

Si sexy mon taxi driver
C’est accidentel
Cet arrêt du cœur

Paris féerique
Sans périphérique
La rue meurt de tant de fureur

Métal et plastique
La vie élastique
Nous fait danser de faux bonheur

Feu vert mon lover
Goûte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over

Fais-moi une faveur mon lover
C’est providentiel
Ce feu jamais vert

Si sexy mon taxi driver
Ma petite musique (whispering)
Me rend électrique (whispering)

Si sexy mon taxi driver
Langueur et saveur
Rêveur forever

Si sexy mon taxi driver
C’est accidentel
Cet arrêt du cœur

Feu vert mon lover
Goûte la saveur
Sous mon pull-over

Fais-moi une faveur mon lover
C’est providentiel
Ce feu jamais vert

(en anglais)

Turn off the motor,
leave the meter
who's needles play eels *1

Let's leave the thieves,
to steal our pain,
Let's leave the cyclists that which shines *2

Let the liars
deny the heat,
the operating mechanism at the heart of girls *3

Green light my lover,
taste the flavor,
under my pull-over

So sexy my taxi driver
it's accidental,
This arrest of the heart

Enchanting Paris *4
without a "ring road" *5
the road dies from so much fury *6

metal and plastic
the elastic life
makes us dance from false happiness

Green light my lover
taste the flavor
under my pull-over

Do me a favor my lover
it's providential
This never-green light

So sexy my taxi driver
my little music
makes me electric

So sexy my taxi driver,
languor and flavor,
dreamer forever

So sexy my taxi driver,
it's accidental,
this arrest of the heart

Green light my lover,
taste the flavor,
under my pull-over

Do me a favor my lover,
It's providential,
This never-green light

*1 I think that's the intent.
*2 I think this would refer to the metals won in the Tour de France for example.
*3 That which propels, drives. The girls are driven by passion.
According to Wiktionnaire: mécanique = Mécanisme de fonctionnement de tout corps.
*4 Can't think of any direct translation. féerique is something like: related to fairies, magical, of a show – a wonderous spectacle.
*5 Ring road is a road that surrounds some major cities. I don't know if it exists in the US, therefore, maybe just highway would do. It's a major road somewhere around and probably connecting major cities.
*6 interpretation guess: This Paris does not have any périphérique roads because they have died from all the activity – people rushing here and there. I'm sure this is also alluding to something else analogously.
*7 Notice that "Paris féerique" sounds almost identical to "périphérique" which is certainly intentional and "rue meurt" sounds exactly like "rumeur" which may be intentional. Point is, there's understanding that adds to the flavor (la saveur) of the song that is lost completely when translated.

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks for reviving this thread...jk