De moi à tes années
L'effet mère
Toujours il va durer
L'effet mère
</TD></TABLE>

Bigdan
11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
"Toujours il va durer ,L'effet mère"

That's a very poetic game tricks the translation can't render. It not only means "Always it will last ,The maternal effect" but phoneticaly "effet mère" si also " Ephémère" ( = what didn't last, who's brief).

cocoroa
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM
the lyrics are just amazing
thay are really beautyful

Ange
12-07-2007, 08:17 AM
That is suck a beautiful song!

deadxohead
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Obviously about her daughter, I think.

Youpidou1
12-09-2007, 04:59 PM
This song is really beautiful.

Future Raptor Ace
02-21-2008, 04:28 AM
hello guys this is my first post on this site and I would like to start off by saying hi to everyone. I really like this site, you guys gave lots of kool information about Alizee that was almost impossible to find so thanks.
As for my first post I would to start on commenting on this quote "Obviously about her daughter, I think." Hahaha I love that post man :p you start all confident and then you go "I think." That gave me a good laugh so thanks man for that.
Finally, yes what a beautiful song, I love how she says Anny made her. Wow :wub:

chazkimies
02-23-2008, 08:40 AM
song for her daughter, very sweet.
love the lyric:wub:

Moi-aimes-Alizée
02-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Very sweet and insightful song indeed, It goes to the dept of feelings and to the heart of everyone. Very nice way its preformed too with such emphacy on each sentence.

Piblokto
02-23-2008, 09:13 AM
"Toujours il va durer
L'effet mère"
There's a beautiful double meaning here : effet mère sounds exactly like the word "éphémère" which means ephemeral or short lived.
Always the short lived will last...

Toc De Mac
10-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Such a beautiful song... :wub:

It gets me in the Christmas spirit every time I listen to it! :)

Tchaikovsky
10-29-2008, 04:44 AM
Ya know...I never knew the English translation of the lyrics to Leffet was until now.

Great song nonetheless :)

wasabi622
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
beautiful song! very sweet now that i've learned its for her daughter? how many other singers get this personal with their songs??

i wish Alizee would sing me that every night.. though, I'd have a hard time falling asleep if i was in Alizee's presence. :p

TheBarrett
06-22-2009, 06:15 PM
beautiful song! very sweet now that i've learned its for her daughter? how many other singers get this personal with their songs??

i wish Alizee would sing me that every night.. though, I'd have a hard time falling asleep if i was in Alizee's presence. :p

Don't ask... Hehe. :p

wasabi622
06-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Don't ask... Hehe. :p

i take it you know many a singers that do so? :p

*sigh*

i guess the main stream stuff i listen to is just.. shallowness..

TheBarrett
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
i take it you know many a singers that do so? :p

*sigh*

i guess the main stream stuff i listen to is just.. shallowness..

You just got to know where to look.
I don't know "many", but that doesn't mean I don't know "any" :p
You're on the good path my friend, now all you must do, is take this dime from my hand and leave a penny behind before I close it. :)

wasabi622
06-23-2009, 05:44 PM
You just got to know where to look.
I don't know "many", but that doesn't mean I don't know "any" :p
You're on the good path my friend, now all you must do, is take this dime from my hand and leave a penny behind before I close it. :)

.. i have to say barrett, that's a pretty profound statement there.
:eek:

i shall try to leave you a penny..:blink:

User22
10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ySB2DuWSs14?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ySB2DuWSs14?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:eek: This is a video i have never seen. Does anyone know where it came from and what it is about? And are there any others like it?! Thanks!

DrSmith
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
:eek: Nice find, Aaron.

User22
10-19-2010, 08:22 PM
:eek: Nice find, Aaron.

No prob and yah I think if I show this to Zeerre that he will know what it is, cause he seems to specialize in the Psych Era...

Fèvier
10-19-2010, 08:36 PM
No prob and yah I think if I show this to Zeerre that he will know what it is, cause he seems to specialize in the Psych Era...

I knows what 'tis this vid :D

User22
10-19-2010, 09:00 PM
I knows what 'tis this vid :D

1) Nice avatar:D
2)So you know what this video is about and where it came from?
3)I just noticed this is a thread in the Translations part of the forum:owoops:o

Zeerre
10-19-2010, 09:17 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ySB2DuWSs14?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ySB2DuWSs14?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:eek: This is a video i have never seen. Does anyone know where it came from and what it is about? And are there any others like it?! Thanks!

That video was uploaded to Alizée's official channel in 2007 to promote Psychédélices, it shows Alizée practicing "L'effet" with Bertrand Burgalat. I think a few others promotional clips were released (I seem to remember one for Mademoiselle Juliette, if I'm not mistaken) but they were taken down from Alizée's channel.

User22
10-19-2010, 09:42 PM
That video was uploaded to Alizée's official channel in 2007 to promote Psychédélices, it shows Alizée practicing "L'effet" with Bertrand Burgalat. I think a few others promotional clips were released (I seem to remember one for Mademoiselle Juliette, if I'm not mistaken) but they were taken down from Alizée's channel.

Thanks for the info! Very cool how she did this! And would you happen to know anywhere I can find the others or anyone that knows about the others/has them?

wasabi622
10-20-2010, 01:16 AM

Ahh yes, I remember this. :wub:

I've always loved those behind the scenes footages, like the one of her singing and practicing youpidou. :wub:

User22
10-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Ahh yes, I remember this. :wub:

I've always loved those behind the scenes footages, like the one of her singing and practicing youpidou. :wub:

I love how she just bounces on her toes when practicing it and waving her scarf and letting the creeper drummer daydream about her hahaha.