Tu n'en reviens pas
</TD></TABLE>

atra201
12-03-2007, 01:02 PM
thanks RMJ
although i didn't understand a word

heyamigo
12-05-2007, 05:38 AM
hmm...very interesting song. i just read translation of this song for the first time. anyone else think this song is very "mylene-ish" in lyrics and mood? it has that dark, morbid, and mysterious tone. i am looking at the lyrics and i can totally imagine mylene singing this song...

anyways what's with the french singers and angel gabriel? is it their official angel or something? i've heard it in mylene's music and of course najoua's.

ajaccio corsica
12-05-2007, 06:57 AM
hi
actually it's more like: "where does the man come?", "homme" is used as "human being" not "man"
"d'où est" and "d'où vient" are translated the same way in english but the meaning is a little different in french
it's something like :where is he located? where does he comes from? from an original place to a destination
"Close the shutters" is a metaphore for "close your eyes"
cheers

Matze
06-13-2008, 09:21 PM
It's a pity that this song isn't so much discussed than ofters though there is definitly a lot of myterious and unclear things in it.

If RMJ should read this, why did you translated "l'halali" with "it kills"? It is just a term which describes a cry of hunt, called "halali" or in English "mort".
Furthermore I would translate "Tu pourrais te pendre pour lie" with "You could think that you are he (the bird)" because of the allusion to the trips of drugs in this songs which is there definitely, e.g. in the same strophe with "The bird is thilled of your jelousy" and the dangerous to jump out of the window to fly like a bird.

Euphoria
06-13-2008, 09:46 PM
It's a pity that this song isn't so much discussed than ofters though there is definitly a lot of myterious and unclear things in it.

If RMJ should read this, why did you translated "l'halali" with "it kills"? It is just a term which describes a cry of hunt, called "halali" or in English "mort".
Furthermore I would translate "Tu pourrais te pendre pour lie" with "You could think that you are he (the bird)" because of the allusion to the trips of drugs in this songs which is there definitely, e.g. in the same strophe with "The bird is thilled of your jelousy" and the dangerous to jump out of the window to fly like a bird.

You know...I am glad you brought this up. A week ago or so I was trying to decipher this song, and I had a hunch it was about drugs. I mean, especially with the title of the song. It also sounds like something you would maybe listen to while on acid (never done any drugs, but it just sounds like it:P) Anyways, I would love if someone could translate this a bit more, instead of a direct translation, this is my favorite song on the album.

TheBarrett
06-13-2008, 10:01 PM
The title Psychédelices is actually a pseudo-combination of two words and meanings. It does not mean Psychedelic, or so I hear. It is, in my study, a combination of Psyché, meant to reflect on the mellow and trance, almost trip-out part of the album, and Delices, the poppy, fun, and cheery side of the album. Much like her album cover to show two women representing maturity and mischief.

It also sounds like something you would maybe listen to while on acid

My old gaffer used to do some LYsergid Acid Diethylamide, there were times he was queer as a butterfly, there were times he just seemed like he was going to rip someone's head off. It isn't pleasant, there's a 50% chance you will or won't regret it. Or so i've heard. :p

Euphoria
06-13-2008, 10:29 PM
The title Psychédelices is actually a pseudo-combination of two words and meanings. It does not mean Psychedelic, or so I hear. It is, in my study, a combination of Psyché, meant to reflect on the mellow and trance, almost trip-out part of the album, and Delices, the poppy, fun, and cheery side of the album. Much like her album cover to show two women representing maturity and mischief.

My old gaffer used to do some LYsergid Acid Diethylamide, there were times he was queer as a butterfly, there were times he just seemed like he was going to rip someone's head off. It isn't pleasant, there's a 50% chance you will or won't regret it. Or so i've heard. :p

Haha, I wasn't being literal. :p I've heard the translated meaning is psychedelights. Either way, it still refers to psychedelics in one way or another. It just doesn't seem like too much of a coincidence that the song subtly refers to drugs, especially when the album has a big retro feel to a lot of the songs.

lefty12357
06-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Sometimes I read the translations at the link below, just for another interpretation. I'm not saying they are any closer to being right than any other translations, but I like to at least consider all the options when I'm trying to sort them out for myself.

http://alizee-reflections.net/

Matze
06-13-2008, 11:08 PM
You know...I am glad you brought this up. A week ago or so I was trying to decipher this song, and I had a hunch it was about drugs. I mean, especially with the title of the song. It also sounds like something you would maybe listen to while on acid (never done any drugs, but it just sounds like it:P) Anyways, I would love if someone could translate this a bit more, instead of a direct translation, this is my favorite song on the album.

I'll try to translate the translation :D which I've made for me in my head. :)

From where is, from where comes the human?
This is the question we ask
From where is, from where is the soul?
So who has invited the code?

With code is meant the basic of live, so DNA. Because of the existing of these code it's probably that there is someone who have it invited. This is also a little bit aimed to the religious part of this song.

Before you so much others have tried
To touch the sky
Even artificial

Maybe that describes one of the basic wishes of the humans to touch the sky like in the old mythology (e.g. Daedalus and Icarus, you know it?) or trough modern technology, so to touch the sky with airplanes. There are much examples where you can see the humans want to get this target.

Able to fly
The bird excites your jealousy
Close the windows
You could think that you are he

So, like I've side at the top, that's an allusion to trips of drugs, more precisely to LSD. The human in itself will probably never get the target to touch the sky but with the illusion you get per drugs you could think that this target is accessible for you. So there is a danger to kill yourself by jumping out of the window.

Acrid is the life that surrounds you
Around you the love
Has so much fear of emptyness

I think meant is this the feeling of emptyness caused by drugs. We have one of the most important things on earth here, the love. But it has fear of emptyness. Probably because there aren't anymore persons around the human who take drugs, love needs mostly at least two persons and the love has fear to doesn't find this second person. But also it's possible that this want to say that caused by drugs your feelings are blurred. You don't represent yourself anymore but that, what the druges have done with you. So you represent a human being without any feelings and the love has fear of emptyness at you. But don't forgot, it's just speculation.

Psychédélices
The helix disappears
You drink of the calyx
Until the mort

So, that's really interesting and I can say a lot about it. At first, "Psychédélices" isn't a selected term in French speak, so there is a big place for interprating it but bearing in mind that there are some signs that the song is about drugs that probably means psychedelic drugs. The word "helix" is a link to the basic code of living, you remember? The two following lines are very interesting and also not translatable if you want to preserve the expressiveness of it. We have to take a look to the original text. "Tu bois le calice jusqu'à l'hallali". There is a phrase in the French language which sounds very close to that, even "boire le calice jusqu'à la lie", so it is a play with the sounds. This phrase means "to drain the cup to the dregs", so it means suffering a long hurt. So probably it is changed with "hallali" because the hero of the story thinks he is totally intransparent. I told you the "hallali" is mort, so a call of hunt. He's ready to go until the end, so the "hallali" is the beginning of the death, of the end.

Psychédélices
There is just Alice
To believe in miracles
After the awakening

So I don't really have a clou what this want to say. But I think there's a link between all the topic of the songs. The miracles, which have the character of some religious but also of some abstract, some mysterious, a sense you've just by taking drugs. There is just Alice (That's close to "Alizée", isn't it?) to believe in miracles ALSO after the awakening, the illusion caused by drugs. I hope Alizée doesn't want to say that she self is taking drugs. :D

Little walker in the reality
From where are his atoms?
From which star, which spark?

Here we have again this question of the beginning. From where are his atoms. I mean, that is another suppostion. It comes from some star or something like that. But I think it's interesting that we have still this feeling of a sky, of a universe in the whole text. And actually the topics religion and drugs aren't that far away from each other in this song, because both have this sky, this infinity in itself.

You think that your body has wings
That the archangel Gabriel
Is there for the announcement

If you didn't believed that this songs handles also with religion a bit, not lather than yet you must get that it has. The angel Gabriel is the envoy of god. Maybe the announcement has to do with the end of all, with the apocalypse. Maybe with something other, but I like this way of thinking. But in any case that shows that there is an important announcement, that something will be different after it. You think Gabriel is there and has to say something. This delusions of grandeur could be naturally refered to the drugs theory. ;)
And we have this illusion of being able to fly in this strophe also. It describes that yourself have wings like an angel. You are an angel and you are important, that is the strange sense of his own caused by drugs I describes further up.

EDIT: The day before yesterday I got that the angel Gabriel is the angel of death in the Jewry. I think that's interesting because so the hero of the story thinks that the angel of the death is coming, it's another link to his impression that he'll die.
(Addition)

Soft is the satin
If the dark night wraps itself in white
Your lamp of Aladin
Suddenly glares with five hundred thousand watts

Here we have also a description of a "comic star" like in the refrain, namely Aladin (and Alice at the refrain). Also I think we have it to do with extreme hyperbols and illusions. One thing, but probably it's just luck, I find interesting is the fact that we have it to do here with satin like in Fifty Sixty (Velvet, although there "velvet" isn't meant in this way, but maybe it isn't here as well...).

Acrid is the past time
It glints around you
You doesn't come back

Why the past time is acrid? Which time is meant? The time where the hero of the story doesn't take drugs? Or the past time where he alredy did? It isn't clear, so this strophe is very fuzzy. But the hero doesn't come back. If he died or not, he won't be the person he was.

Psychédélices
Délisoleil
You drink of the calyx
Until the mort

Psychédélices
There is just Alice
To believe in miracles
After the awakening

So just the refrain again. We have a play with the words here, namely at "Délisolei" which is consisting of "Délice" (pleasure) and "Soleil" (sun), so it means something like "pleasure of the sun". And that means that also at the end of the song we have a link to the imagination of a universe, we started with the sky, than there were some stars and at the end we went to the center of our sun system, the sun.

Ehh, actually I didn't wanted to talk so much, but ok. Maybe somebody will find it interesting. I just can say that the most of it is just interpration. Some things are facts, the code as a synonym for the DNA, the influence of the religion in the text and the play with the sound in the refrain, that's sort of official. ;)

Please don't be angry if there are some mistakes in the text, it's late here in Germany, I'm very tired and for sure not this big English talent. :)

One thing at the end of this long post: Make you minds about the textes! Doesn't see my post as the official way to think. Good songs are these which have more than one way of interpration. And this song definitely have many of it. It is hard to interpretate a translation, especially if we have it to do with a French text. The only way to make a nice and good interpretation is to learn French and research much things, this language is very complicated but also an instrument to create very mysterious and also nice textes, I think this one is a very good example.

Matze
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
The day before yesterday I got that the angel Gabriel is the angel of death in the Jewry. I think that's interesting because so the hero of the story thinks that the angel of the death is coming, it's another link to his impression that he'll die.

Toc De Mac
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Little walker in the reality
From where are his atoms?
From which star, which spark?

Here we have again this question of the beginning. From where are his atoms. I mean, that is another suppostion. It comes from some star or something like that. But I think it's interesting that we have still this feeling of a sky, of a universe in the whole text. And actually the topics religion and drugs aren't that far away from each other in this song, because both have this sky, this infinity in itself.

We're all made out of the stars' atoms. :)

So she could be wondering from "which star" do man's atoms come, and by "which spark," that is, which supernova (or even which Big Bang) did man come about?

Tiwaz
09-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Psychédélices
There is just Alice
To believe in miracles
After the awakening

Alice can also have some drug connections

Go Ask Alice is a controversial 1971 book about drug abuse that is considered a classic of American young adult literature. The book purports to be the actual diary of an anonymous teenage girl who died of a drug overdose in the late 1960s and is therefore presented as a testimony against drug use. Alice is not the protagonist's name; the diarist's name is never given in the book. A woman named Alice is mentioned briefly in one entry; she is a fellow addict the diarist meets on the street.

The title is from the lyrics to the Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit". Grace Slick wrote the song based on perceived drug references in the classic novel Alice In Wonderland. (On July 14 [page 36 of the 2006 edition], the writer says she "feel[s] like Alice in Wonderland" and "maybe Lewis G. Caroll was on drugs too".)

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Recall Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said;
"FEED YOUR HEAD

Idéaliser
09-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Speaking of Go Ask Alice I just read that book a few days ago. It was pretty good but was depressing at the end. She (Alice) was a heavy drug user.

Nikita
10-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Go Ask Alice is a very good book, you should read it if you already haven't. :)

Deepwaters
12-13-2008, 12:45 AM
My turn. :)

This song is deep. It's a mistake to think it's primarily about drugs. It's primarily about enlightenment, the Mysteries, penetrating the illusion to see the reality underlying it. Secondarily it's about drugs, as a symbol of and/or a method of achieving that penetration. There are some hidden drug references in the lyrics (written by Jean Fauque) but they themselves are a hidden reference to something else.

Fauque wrote the lyrics, but Alizée approved them, obviously. This is another clue to something I've said about her before: she's more mystical, more magical, more occult than a lot of people may realize. (However, I don't believe she's a druggie; there's no sign of this that I can see. Although Fauque is old enough that he may have been in the past.)

I'm going to give a loose translation here, trying as best I can to reproduce in English what Fauque did in French. This will not be literal. See above for translations that will better give the literal sense of the French words.

Where did man come from
This is the needle that we thread
Whence comes the soul
And so who invented the code

"The code" is in part a reference to the DNA code, but more the code of reality, the riddle of our lives.

Before you so many others have sought
To touch the sky
Even artificially

To touch the sky is a metaphor for enlightenment; so is flight (below). "Artificially" is the first drug reference -- use of drugs for spiritual purposes, it means. But it can also mean to fake the experience of enlightenment, or to force it (which psychedelic drugs sometimes do).

Gifted with flight
The bird excites your jealousy
Close the shutters
You could become it

Very important, flight as metaphor for enlightenment, the flight of the soul. Closing the shutters = closing the eyes, removing the mind from the bondage of matter -- you could become the bird within.

Acid is the life which surrounds you
The love around you
Has such fear of emptiness

I think this may be another cryptic drug reference playing between English and French (unless of course "Acide" is French slang for LSD the way "Acid" is in English -- I'm not sure). Thus I left the translation of "acide" as "acid," which in English can be either a noun or an adjective. More important is the idea of life being bitter, acrid, or sour, and of love fearing emptiness, the emptiness of separation.

Psychédélices
The helix eclipses itself
You drink from the chalice
Until the kill

Now let's look at that title word. It's a mix of the two words "psychédelique" (psychedelic) and "délices" (delights). Mind-expanding delights. Note that "psychedelic" does NOT necessarily mean drugs, although that's one of the meanings. It refers to a spiritual mind-expansion, cosmic consciousness. Psychédélices can be roughly translated as "mind-expanding delights."

The second line has layers of meaning. The helix refers to DNA, but also to the spiral of creation. "Eclipser" in French, like "to eclipse" in English, can mean either to blot out/hide, or to outshine, as we speak of one achievement eclipsing another. The French word has the same two meanings. So: in blotting itself out, the spiral of creation (or of life) outshines itself, becomes something greater.

To drink from the chalice is a metaphor for life, or for spiritual awakening. "Until the kill" (jusqu'a l'hallali) -- man, I love that! Just say it, or listen to Alizée singing that line, the way it rolls off the tongue. Beautiful. Anyway -- "kill" here is a hunting term, until the quarry is caught and killed. Until you achieve the awakening you seek.

Psychédélices
It's just like Alice
To believe in miracles
After the awakening

Alice is a reference to Alice in Wonderland. (I'm really thinking Fauque must be fluent in English, and familiar with English language literature.) There are all kinds of drug references in that story, too, but again, the hidden nature of reality is more important. The second two lines should be clear in meaning in the context of enlightenment and spirituality.

Where did man come from
The little walker in reality
Whence come his atoms
From which star did they shine?

The reference here is to man as a mote of consciousness moving through reality -- the little walker. The connection between the self and the cosmos is also stated, with the physical/chemical connection between our bodies and star-stuff being a metaphor for this -- NOT the literal intended statement.

You believe that your body has wings
That the angel Gabriel
Is here for the announcement

The reference to Gabriel and the announcement is to the end of the world in Christian mythos: the last judgment. You believe it's all over, that your body has put on wings and you are finally free. That is, in fact, what it feels like. Even if it isn't true. In a deeper sense, it is.

Soft is satin
When the dark night is dressed in white
Alladin's lamp
Suddenly burns with five hundred thousand watts

The "dark night" refers to the "Dark Night of the Soul," a concept from the Catholic mystic St. John of the Cross, who wrote a powerful poem of the same name. It's a mystic transformation, the loss of selfhood or lesser identity, to allow the emergence of the greater Identity that is always hidden beneath. One strange thing: the French line is "Quand la nuit noire s'habille de white" -- not "de blanc." Fauque uses the English word. I'm not quite sure why.

The image of Alladin's lamp, the mystic summoner of power, and the incredible burst of light are appropriate here.

Acid is the time that goes by
Wobbling around you
You do not come back the same

Another meaning of "acid" is the idea of dissolving: this is another metaphor for spiritual transformation. Time becomes unsteady; it wobbles around you. You are transformed: you don't come back the same.

Psychédélices
Délisoleil
You drink from the chalice
Until the kill

Another wonderful made-up word: délisoleil. Délices and soleil, I would say: Psychedlic delights; solar delights.

Psychédélices
It's just like Alice
To believe in miracles
After the awakening

lefty12357
12-13-2008, 11:24 AM
I love the lyrics to this song. Jean Fauque did a wonderful job on them. I know it's not the most exciting or the most popular song on the album, but I loved it from the beginning. I just wish more people appreciated this kind of work. And Alizée did a great job singing it.

I like your analysis Deep.

"Until the kill" (jusqu'a l'hallali) -- man, I love that! Just say it, or listen to Alizée singing that line, the way it rolls off the tongue. Beautiful.

And I couldn't agree more, when Alizée sings that line, I get goosebumps.:)

Deepwaters
12-13-2008, 12:02 PM
I feel I have to apologize to Her Grace and her mystic poet, M. Fauque, because I initially said I didn't like this song much. I now understand why she likes it so much, and why it's the title song. The power of it is in the lyrics, and the lyrics are not easy to understand, especially for someone like me who is not a native Francophone. As music, there are better songs on this album, I still feel, but as poetry, this is sublime.

lefty12357
12-13-2008, 12:54 PM
It’s funny. Before I knew more of what this song was really about, I still had that initial feeling that it was lyrically wonderful, so I gave it high marks expecting to be proven correct once I understood it better. I liked the way Alizée sang it, but I agree that musically it is not the best on the CD.

There are other songs on this CD I didn’t appreciate a lot at first, but have grown on me quite a bit. Isn’t it wonderful that a year later, we are still finding new things to appreciate about this CD. I wish the whole world felt the same way. I know I keep repeating myself, but this CD is better than many of the initial reactions it received would have you believe.

Tiwaz
12-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks Deepwater for revealing the meaning of it. This helps me appreciate and accept the album and new style more.

whitey®
12-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow, what a deep song. one of my new favorites.

Roman
01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
I hadn't looked at this song in a long time and had a not very good translation in my notes. So, I decided to do my own translation. I won't bother to post here because I think it's already been covered pretty well here. So, I'll just comment on Deep's question here.
...One strange thing: the French line is "Quand la nuit noire s'habille de white" -- not "de blanc." Fauque uses the English word. I'm not quite sure why.
...How about because it comes close to rhyming with "watt"?

I'll also say that while I have thought about all this as something passé, something from a previous generation and would usually rather just move on, I guess much of this lingers in the culture if not within me personally. The very popular movie, The Matrix, certainly make some references of a similar nature for example.
I should also say that because of examining these kinds of questions as much as I have, I can set them aside. Perhaps it is because of what I have learned from it that makes me feel like I don't need it.

woohoo
02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Has anyone seen this before?

http://tuxicodine.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/30jllr8.jpg

Amigo!
02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
^hehe, over a year ago. Much discussion already lol, don't worry about it :rolleyes:

woohoo
02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
^hehe, over a year ago. Much discussion already lol, don't worry about it :rolleyes:

Ok it just freaked me out.

edgar93
02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
^^^ FAKE, right? nice try though :)

woohoo
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
It is still pretty cool though.

Roman
02-04-2009, 03:45 AM
^^^ FAKE, right? nice try though :)
No way! Haha, yeah go back and read the reams of discussion and analysis about it. you might search on dress, Amina, fake ... hmm, it might be hard to find the discussions actually. I still think it is not a fake, but just a cover that was never used, but leaked out along with various other information that leaked (such as Fifty-Sixty and Mademoiselle Juliette)

Rev
02-04-2009, 11:42 PM
No way! Haha, yeah go back and read the reams of discussion and analysis about it. you might search on dress, Amina, fake ... hmm, it might be hard to find the discussions actually. I still think it is not a fake, but just a cover that was never used, but leaked out along with various other information that leaked (such as Fifty-Sixty and Mademoiselle Juliette)

I also think it was an early draft (although this is just my opinion).

By the way, I'm glad it wasn't used. She looks great in it, but some of that cover is simply ugly (for example, what is with all the black lines?).

Roman
02-05-2009, 12:04 AM
I also think it was an early draft (although this is just my opinion).

By the way, I'm glad it wasn't used. She looks great in it, but some of that cover is simply ugly (for example, what is with all the black lines?).
The spiky black lines? It's adding that "edge" to it. I won't say it's better than what they ultimately used. I think the weirdness of the dress is a little too distracting. But I do like some aspects of it, or now anyway. I have a different perspective than I had way back then, not that I ever disliked it. But anyway, it better displays the psychedelic side of the "Psychédélices". It has an edgy and weird quality while still being beautiful. I think Alizée liked that. It seems to be more representative of Alizée than the eventual cover which is more speaking to her previous fans with the two Alizées. Still, I don't think the album is actually all that edgy anyway; so, it's not a big deal either way. But that cover almost could have made it. It might have been kind of cool to have multiple covers, though to do so would be strange because people expect one identifiable thing. Like it sort of robs from the meaningfulness of one cover to have a totally different one too. But she did do it. She made that Mexican edition which Alizée would perhaps say has nothing to do with her album. It's obviously there to appeal to the kinds of people who like Alizée. Though I think it works just as well anyway. It's a nice photo that was contemporary at the time. Ultimately, that's what it's about, just Alizée.

rcs
02-05-2009, 01:05 AM
It was right about the time new pics started to emerge, finally, and a thorough analysis was all we could talk and gawk about. :p

wasabi622
05-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Has anyone seen this before?

http://tuxicodine.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/30jllr8.jpg

kinda late, but.. whoa. :eek:
huge ass dress! and she looks really different too.
:blink:

Srbski-kralj
05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
i could be wrong but i dont think its her.

wasabi622
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
yeah, that's what i thought too.
but then i was like.. why would they put a random person on the cover for Alizee's (then) new album?

alizeeindia
05-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I am sure It's not Alizée......Well much of discussion has already taken place on this and still no one is sure what this wallpaper is really. Is it fake or real? Much like swine flu virus!

Srbski-kralj
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
In my opinion i think its one of those knock offs you see so many of them on e-bay and crap.

M'alizee
05-09-2009, 01:09 PM
kinda late, but.. whoa. :eek:
huge ass dress! and she looks really different too.
:blink:

yeah its a fake, but i love that pic :D

wasabi622
05-24-2009, 12:44 AM
well, i just got this album today.. and i have to say, except for a few songs, it was kinda.. dissapointing.

i liked Lilly town, fifty sixty and mademoiselle juliette a lot, and i thought Decollage and lonely list were intresting. but that was pretty much it.

:(

Srbski-kralj
05-24-2009, 12:56 AM
oh well for me i love them all lol, i think this is my fav out of hte 3 albums.

Toc De Mac
05-24-2009, 09:45 AM
I have to say that only recently have I been able to appreciate Psychédélices as an album. From the time that I bought the album when it was released to a couple of months ago, I couldn't get into it. The style was too startlingly different from Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques, and I couldn't help but classify (most of) the songs as generic and lacking of soul.

But now I feel as if the album functions very coherently, and while its beauty isn't perhaps as obvious as that of her two former albums, it's definitely there. :)

lefty12357
05-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I have to say that only recently have I been able to appreciate Psychédélices as an album. From the time that I bought the album when it was released to a couple of months ago, I couldn't get into it. The style was too startlingly different from Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques, and I couldn't help but classify (most of) the songs as generic and lacking of soul.

But now I feel as if the album functions very coherently, and while its beauty isn't perhaps as obvious as that of her two former albums, it's definitely there. :)

I think Boutonnat’s music, as well as being really good, is also immediately accessible. Psychédélices does take a little more getting used to. I had no problem going from Mylene’s lyrics to Jean Fauque’s. But the hardest thing for me to get used to was the music itself, and more precisely, the arrangements. The mix tends to be sparse, and the little sounds and noises interspersed throughout the album didn’t make up for that. They seemed like gimmicks rather than musical ideas. Alizée's voice sits somewhat cold and naked in the mix at times. I think this is why the songs give that first impression of being generic and lacking soul. Some of the arrangements did not support “soul” very well.

Boutonnat provided a lush, musical, wall of sound - a rich, warm blanket to wrap around Alizée's voice. To me, that was the biggest difference between old and new. If it had been up to me, I would have had different arrangements on some of the songs, not different songs. I really do like the songs themselves on Psych and despite what I've said I feel it was a good album. I feel sad that it wasn’t more appreciated, especially in France.

M'alizee
05-24-2009, 02:12 PM
well, i just got this album today.. and i have to say, except for a few songs, it was kinda.. dissapointing.

i liked Lilly town, fifty sixty and mademoiselle juliette a lot, and i thought Decollage and lonely list were intresting. but that was pretty much it.

:(

and Par les paupieres? what is with that song?

mavsluver41
05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
and Par les paupieres? what is with that song?

Really, you didn't like it? That was my favorite song on the album :)! The album is different - everyone agrees on that count - but I guess it suits some people's taste more than others. There are very few albums, by any artist, that please everyone anyway. I really liked Psychédélices not only for the songs (I only found two or three bland, the rest I enjoyed), but also for what it represented: the first time Alizée was able to truly be an artist by herself and express her own tastes ;).

M'alizee
05-24-2009, 02:37 PM
That was my favorite song on the album :)!

was? XD^^. sry :)

wasabi622
08-28-2009, 11:16 AM
so in between classes, i was surfing the Alizee wikipedia pages and related links and such, and apparently there are 2 Fifty-Sixty official music video remixes that have never been aired?

has anyone heard/seen these mysterious goodies? and more importantly, know where i can get mah hands on them?

here's the link to the page i read it on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty-Sixty

AceTone
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
so in between classes, i was surfing the Alizee wikipedia pages and related links and such, and apparently there are 2 Fifty-Sixty official music video remixes that have never been aired?

has anyone heard/seen these mysterious goodies? and more importantly, know where i can get mah hands on them?

here's the link to the page i read it on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty-Sixty

http://www.psychedeclips.com/

Note that when you watch the Rubato version, there's a better version linked at the bottom of the video under Download (http://rcrdlbl.com/2008/06/08/aliz_e_fifty_sixty_david_rubato_remix_the_video).
Oh, and if you never watched that one, ... Enjoy! ;)

Criss_pl
08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
They are great videos, you must see them:) It seems to me that they aren't very popular.
And to say something to topic about album. My favourite song is Psychédélices, I love lyrics and I would like see it as a single. But L'effet is even better, very impressive and emotional lyrics for me. Decollage is also good, but why I write so much. This album just don't have bad songs, they aren't boring, each is unique, music is various. When I heard this album first time I didn't had the feeling that all songs are the same (recently I was listening to some songs from one album and that was terrible, all songs were similar:()

Alex
08-28-2009, 05:28 PM
They are great videos, you must see them:) It seems to me that they aren't very popular.
And to say something to topic about album. My favourite song is Psychédélices, I love lyrics and I would like see it as a single. But L'effet is even better, very impressive and emotional lyrics for me. Decollage is also good, but why I write so much. This album just don't have bad songs, they aren't boring, each is unique, music is various. When I heard this album first time I didn't had the feeling that all songs are the same.

Me neither, I didnt have a problem or felt this album was the same in all songs. I really enjoyed it, as you said each song is different and unique, but overall I enjoy it! XD

wasabi622
08-28-2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.psychedeclips.com/

Note that when you watch the Rubato version, there's a better version linked at the bottom of the video under Download (http://rcrdlbl.com/2008/06/08/aliz_e_fifty_sixty_david_rubato_remix_the_video).
Oh, and if you never watched that one, ... Enjoy! ;)

thanks for the link!

i have to say.. the rubato one was slighty creepy. especially with the red lighting and such..:eek:

ima just leave it at that i like the original fifty sixty music video the best. :D

Chuck
08-29-2009, 06:15 AM
Wasabi! You got Psyched!

Personally, gotta say, at first I hated a couple of the songs there. A few of em (Jamais Plus, L'Effet, etc) just disappointed me, at first. But as CrissPL pointed out, there's a LOT of variety in this record. In the songs, styles, tempos, and especially in the vocals. And it all holds together! Some records will just bore you after a listen or two, but this one does the opposite! And the more you listen, the more you'll hear--they crammed in a lot of different techniques, sounds, weird instruments, stereo separation tricks, and more.

So don't worry, take your time with it. Even the songs I hated I now like, love, or at least have a respect for.

Hey, here's something... After hearing it on the Victrola several times, I copied the disk to an mp3 player, and put on the headphones, and suddenly I started hearing things I couldn't believe were there before! Par Les Paupieres, for example, or the title track-- The difference surprised me so much, I still can't describe it, but ... Well okay, I'll try. It's like when you get to Oz, and you think it's really cool and all, and THEN they open the gate and let you in, and you're all like WOW!

Did that make sense? Or would a Tardis analogy be better?

Has anyone else noticed this "headphone effect"? This Psychedelices is one of the most amazing, densely layered, fastidiously produced, all around beautiful albums of all time. I give it a thumbs up. So would God Himself, if he had a copy. And another record coming soon! Now I'm psyched.:D

Criss_pl
08-29-2009, 07:10 AM
I get the impression that this album should be listened entirely from Mademoiselle Juliette to L'effet, without shuffling songs. Every song is great placed in album. It's great arrangement. It's that kind of album that force you to think about it, not only to just listen.

wasabi622
08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Wasabi! You got Psyched!

Personally, gotta say, at first I hated a couple of the songs there. A few of em (Jamais Plus, L'Effet, etc) just disappointed me, at first. But as CrissPL pointed out, there's a LOT of variety in this record. In the songs, styles, tempos, and especially in the vocals. And it all holds together! Some records will just bore you after a listen or two, but this one does the opposite! And the more you listen, the more you'll hear--they crammed in a lot of different techniques, sounds, weird instruments, stereo separation tricks, and more.

So don't worry, take your time with it. Even the songs I hated I now like, love, or at least have a respect for.

Hey, here's something... After hearing it on the Victrola several times, I copied the disk to an mp3 player, and put on the headphones, and suddenly I started hearing things I couldn't believe were there before! Par Les Paupieres, for example, or the title track-- The difference surprised me so much, I still can't describe it, but ... Well okay, I'll try. It's like when you get to Oz, and you think it's really cool and all, and THEN they open the gate and let you in, and you're all like WOW!

Has anyone else noticed this "headphone effect"? This Psychedelices is one of the most amazing, densely layered, fastidiously produced, all around beautiful albums of all time. I give it a thumbs up. So would God Himself, if he had a copy. And another record coming soon! Now I'm psyched.:D

yup, this album definetly did take a bit till i liked it.
mainly cuz it was so different than all her previous albums!

but then again, this was much more "pop" like than the others, and very catchy!

Fyrel
08-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Wasabi! You got Psyched!

Yeah, the "headphone effect" is very prevalent.....even after all these listens, I still find new layers, or appreciate a new way the songs are put together. Some of the songs are immediately catchy (Fifty Sixty, Mademoiselle Juliette, Lilly Town), but some I didn't pay attention to at all really until I really sat down and gave it a real listen by itself (Mon Taxi Driver, Lonely List, Jamai Plus). It's recently surpassed MCE as my favorite album; it seems like a lighter, more expressive album.

wasabi622
08-30-2009, 12:19 PM
ok, so some people have told me that Alizee says "cookie" in lillytown.. which, after straining my ears over and over again during the song, i've come to the conclusion is false.

it sounds more as if shes saying "ku-ku" or something like it, which, i assume, means something in french?

Toc De Mac
08-30-2009, 01:58 PM
ok, so some people have told me that Alizee says "cookie" in lillytown.. which, after straining my ears over and over again during the song, i've come to the conclusion is false.

it sounds more as if shes saying "ku-ku" or something like it, which, i assume, means something in french?

Well, here are the actual lyrics:

Ravie
Du bleu du ciel
Et des fa si fa sol
Des autres étoiles, aussi vu
Le do, scellées au sol
Coco lait chocolat cookies macadamiam
Et chaque soir des hommes
Qui jouent aux dames

What you're talking about, Wasabi, is in bold. ;)

SDB
08-30-2009, 04:10 PM

all the lyrics are in the album booklet :wink:

coco lait btw means chocolate milk

Lerxst
08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
On second glance, it looks like she does say "cookie":

Ravie
Du bleu du ciel
Et des fa si fa sol
Des autres étoiles, aussi vu
Le do, scellées au sol
Coco lait chocolat cookies macadamiam
Et chaque soir des hommes
Qui jouent aux dames

wasabi622
08-30-2009, 11:20 PM
yeah, she does!
"cookiez!" :wub:

i guess i was too caught up with coco to noticed the cookie that followed.

wasabi622
09-15-2009, 08:51 PM
so i saw that apparently the Spanish version of Psychedelices comes with a DVD???
what's on the DVD? is it like the en concert DVD and comes with her live performances or what?

cuz if so, i need to get my hands on it!

(and yes, it's a double post!)

SDB
09-16-2009, 01:53 PM
so i saw that apparently the Spanish version of Psychedelices comes with a DVD???
what's on the DVD? is it like the en concert DVD and comes with her live performances or what?

It contains bonustracks, video clips and a video diary

http://www.discogs.com/Aliz%C3%A9e-Psych%C3%A9d%C3%A9lices/release/1813404

Vorock
09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
It contains bonustracks, video clips and a video diary

http://www.discogs.com/Aliz%C3%A9e-Psych%C3%A9d%C3%A9lices/release/1813404

WoW nice. Thanks for that.

Criss_pl
09-16-2009, 04:57 PM

You didn't know yet? :p So you're still exploring variety of all versions and types of discs? :p
Yes there is DVD with some bonuses as SDB wrote, video diary is very interesting.
Each disc containing any Alizée related material is interesting and worth getting into hands:)

Fall
09-16-2009, 06:00 PM

funny thing, i actually ordered that on the 14th and got the confirmation email today that it was shipped. I'm so happy that I can finally own at least one version of all her albums to date. :D:D:D:D:D

I'm also jealous of the fans that were here before Psych :( cause during all that time, they stocked up on awesome G, MCE and En Concert stuff that i can only dream about. (Don't deny it! I know! I read those threads!) Many of them have pretty much everything Alizée related. I think i saw two books. Yeah books :eek:. One has a cartoony G. era Lilly drawn on it and another with a Psych picture on it with her name in white at the bottom. :blink:

Roman
09-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Wasabi! You got Psyched!

... And the more you listen, the more you'll hear--they crammed in a lot of different techniques, sounds, weird instruments, stereo separation tricks, and more. ... this is an important point. I also noticed that. There was stuff that I didn't really notice until after months. It helps to have a wide dynamic range on the audio system. So, you might notice stuff with headphones that you don't notice playing in the car and vice versa. Oh, sorry, I wrote that before I even read the rest of your post. It is very true.

à propos, if you want a recent "book" about Alizée: http://www.amazon.fr/Aliz%C3%A9e-Pierre-Alexandre-Bescos/dp/2915957495/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253158260&sr=8-7

Fall
09-16-2009, 11:39 PM
à propos, if you want a recent "book" about Alizée: http://www.amazon.fr/Aliz%C3%A9e-Pierre-Alexandre-Bescos/dp/2915957495/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253158260&sr=8-7

Thats the one!Thanks so much Roman, I didn't think it'd be on Amazon. I thought there were just her CD's and DVD :o But what do you know about the other one? The cartoony one? It shows her all stretched out a bit, and the cover is pink i think, haven't seen it in a while. Anyways, thanks again dude. :)

Alex
09-16-2009, 11:48 PM
this is an important point. I also noticed that. There was stuff that I didn't really notice until after months. It helps to have a wide dynamic range on the audio system. So, you might notice stuff with headphones that you don't notice playing in the car and vice versa. Oh, sorry, I wrote that before I even read the rest of your post. It is very true.

Very true I agree with you Roman and Chuck; Psychédélices is an album with various instruments, techniques, and sounds. Like Roman said it's an album when you listen to it in your stereo its very different (in a positive way); you enjoy it more at a diffrent level hearing it and enjoying it through your head/earphones.:D
.à propos, if you want a recent "book" about Alizée: http://www.amazon.fr/Aliz%C3%A9e-Pierre-Alexandre-Bescos/dp/2915957495/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253158260&sr=8-7[/
WOW!:eek: Thanks for posting! Looks very interesting:D That will be on my "wish list" this year:wub::cool:

TheBarrett
09-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Thats the one!Thanks so much Roman, I didn't think it'd be on Amazon. I thought there were just her CD's and DVD :o But what do you know about the other one? The cartoony one? It shows her all stretched out a bit, and the cover is pink i think, haven't seen it in a while. Anyways, thanks again dude. :)

That book has a lot of info and HQ pictures.
It's not a necessary collector's item for fans, but it's a collector's item for fans. ;)

Fall
09-16-2009, 11:55 PM
That book has a lot of info and HQ pictures.
It's not a necessary collector's item for fans, but it's a collector's item for fans. ;)

sounds good to me! :D but that will have to wait, i spent all my allowance on the Mex. Ed. of Psych. Ill save until her new album comes out, and then for a few months after, and then ill see what to get next. Posters, the books, the singles, different album versions, so much stuff, so little cash :( Thanks for the info B.

Roman
09-17-2009, 02:34 AM
The pink one is called Alizée de A à Z (Alizée from A to Z). That was made in early decade when she was very popular in France.
By the way, look for the instant-mag2 on this forum or Alizee-Forum.com. I did a translation of all of the interview with Alizée - it's pretty long. And others translated the rest (I think it's all the rest). But I would ask that you buy it also to be fair to the producers and Alizée if not for the joy of having it. Sadly, they did not fill it with previously unreleased photos from a photo shoot, though it does have some photos in it as well.

wasabi622
09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
funny thing, i actually ordered that on the 14th and got the confirmation email today that it was shipped. I'm so happy that I can finally own at least one version of all her albums to date. :D:D:D:D:D

I'm also jealous of the fans that were here before Psych :( cause during all that time, they stocked up on awesome G, MCE and En Concert stuff that i can only dream about. (Don't deny it! I know! I read those threads!) Many of them have pretty much everything Alizée related. I think i saw two books. Yeah books :eek:. One has a cartoony G. era Lilly drawn on it and another with a Psych picture on it with her name in white at the bottom. :blink:

dude, don't worry about it. i just joined the bandwagon about 5 months ago, and now i own the MCE, Gourmandises, En Concert and Psychedelices.. and a Moi...lolita remix is on the way too! (just bought it a few days ago. :D)

im gonna assume that its in french? :(

Fall
09-17-2009, 05:06 PM
The pink one is called Alizée de A à Z (Alizée from A to Z). That was made in early decade when she was very popular in France.
By the way, look for the instant-mag2 on this forum or Alizee-Forum.com. I did a translation of all of the interview with Alizée - it's pretty long. And others translated the rest (I think it's all the rest). But I would ask that you buy it also to be fair to the producers and Alizée if not for the joy of having it. Sadly, they did not fill it with previously unreleased photos from a photo shoot, though it does have some photos in it as well.

yup, did some searching, and i think you mean this thread*. Thank you very much for translating it Roman, it really helps. :) And yeah don't worry, I plan on buying it, mostly for the joy of having it, but also to help the sales for it. :)

* http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456

Criss_pl
09-17-2009, 06:04 PM
im gonna assume that its in french? :(
Yes it's French book. But if you look in optimistic way then you have one more reason for learning French:): "To read book related with Alizée in original version"

And once more time I admit that good headphones are very useful when listening to Psychédélices.

Fall
09-17-2009, 06:12 PM
And once more time I admit that good headphones are very useful when listening to Psychédélices.

Yeah... I love Psych:wub: so much so that now i hear a sort of small ringing noise out of my right ear. :( Idk why, i never play it loud, nobody can hear it except me at the volume i play it at. Its nothing bad i hope, i can hear everything fine, except when i put on some headphones or put my phone to my right ear. It makes everything have a buzzy robot voice, kinda like Stephen Hawking except not slow like that. :(
Learn this lesson kids! Don't listen to it loud or for very long, and especially not both!

Sorry for going off topic :o

Criss_pl
09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Learn this lesson kids! Don't listen to it loud or for very long, and especially not both!

Sorry for going off topic :o
It's very important warning. Personnaly I turn volume very (too) high only in calm songs - L'effet, Coeur déjà pris or A quoi... I tried this with JPVA, but it was bad idea, believe:p But too loud on speakers also is bad idea.
And to stay on topic. Lately I discovered Idéaliser again, that song always seemed to me very banal, but after long time I finally saw and heard that it's very good and unique song.

wasabi622
09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
hell, i used to use my rear view mirror as a way of measuring if i was loud enough.
as in, if it was shaking, im good. :D

and for the mexican version of the psychedelices, would ya'll say that it's worth it? i just recently bought a remix, so i need to know if its worth it. :D

Fall
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
hell, i used to use my rear view mirror as a way of measuring if i was loud enough.
as in, if it was shaking, im good. :D

and for the mexican version of the psychedelices, would ya'll say that it's worth it? i just recently bought a remix, so i need to know if its worth it. :D

ill get back to you when it arrives. :) but i can already tell you it will be totally worth it, cause of the extra tracks and the whole special edition feel it has to it :D And cause i could never say that its not worth it :o

Ben
09-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Worth it for the cover pic alone. :wub:

Criss_pl
09-18-2009, 10:33 AM
As I wrote before, each thing related to Alizée is worth buying and that pic yes...:wub:

wasabi622
09-18-2009, 09:40 PM
true! anything Alizee related is worth the money.. but as of now, im quite short on cash. :(
sooo, i gotta buy the best of Alizee that i can afforde! :D

Fall
09-18-2009, 09:47 PM
true! anything Alizee related is worth the money.. but as of now, im quite short on cash. :(
sooo, i gotta buy the best of Alizee that i can afforde! :D

dude it got here today, im so "psyched" lol i havent even opened it yet out of sheer amazement, im full of awe right now. The cover is so nice :wub: but im sure the contents are just as good. Its awesome, the cd came in a bubble wrap envelope and it looks as if i bought it at a store. I recommend it! :D:):wub:

Alex
09-19-2009, 01:52 AM
dude it got here today, im so "psyched" lol i havent even opened it yet out of sheer amazement, im full of awe right now. The cover is so nice :wub: but im sure the contents are just as good. Its awesome, the cd came in a bubble wrap envelope and it looks as if i bought it at a store. I recommend it! :D:):wub:

Enjoy the journey through Lilly Town!:wub::cool:

Chuck
09-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Congratulations, Fall06! Crank it to 11!

Or do this:

I'm so in agreement with Criss - It's f*n' fun to have the floor and all the dishes bouncing up and down to "Décollage", but for a few of the songs, you hafta try it with 'phones later. You'll think you're finding "easter eggs" left and right!

And only weeks to go (?) til a NEW disc! Yow! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

-Say, do we have translations of all the songs of Psych posted yet? I'd seen a lot of them, but if any songs are still missing, somebody let me know, I did a few myself.

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 01:13 AM

DUDE!! you've gotta tell me about the bonus DVD!

Fall
09-20-2009, 02:07 PM
DUDE!! you've gotta tell me about the bonus DVD!

Well there's three parts to the Bonus DVD. One is the Mademoiselle Juliette video, another is the trilogy of Fifty Sixty (the m.v. the m.v.s for two remixes), and four 2-5 min parts of her visit to Mexico (Prodigy MSN Video Diary). They play her songs in the background as they show her visit to some aztec pyramids, the interview where a guy asks her to marry him lol, a radio station interview, and the canceled signing session thing where there is a recorded phone conversation between fans and Lilly. But like i said, the Prodigy MSN video diary are only 2 to 5 mins long each :(. The song they play for the menu is her cover of La Isla Bonita. I love it. :wub:

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
the main thing that im looking forward to is La Isla Bonita.

i mean, i already do have pretty much everything else, and im not a huge fan of the fifty sixty remixes.

it's decided. im gonna blow some more cash! (once my moi...lolita cd gets here!)

Fall
09-20-2009, 02:32 PM
the main thing that im looking forward to is La Isla Bonita.

i mean, i already do have pretty much everything else, and im not a huge fan of the fifty sixty remixes.

it's decided. im gonna blow some more cash! (once my moi...lolita cd gets here!)

I LOVE LA ISLA BONITA TOO!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: Its so awesome. This edition would not be complete without it. I want to buy a safe to keep all this awesome stuff inside lol :o And I'm glad you're buying it, its definitely worth it.

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I LOVE LA ISLA BONITA TOO!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: Its so awesome. This edition would not be complete without it. I want to buy a safe to keep all this awesome stuff inside lol :o And I'm glad you're buying it, its definitely worth it.

is there any remix for la isla bonita? cuz i randomly hear remixes of songs that i've never heard.

Fall
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
is there any remix for la isla bonita? cuz i randomly hear remixes of songs that i've never heard.

ive only ever heard the one where she performed it live and the one that comes with this edition (i prefer the latter :wub:). its enough for me but i'd love to hear one, official or fanmade.

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
what version comes with the album? im gonna guess the studio version of the live version?(if that makes sense..?)

Fall
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
what version comes with the album? im gonna guess the studio version of the live version?(if that makes sense..?)
how about the 2008 version as this youtuber puts it? :D

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQhYzvB-IWA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 10:19 PM
how about the 2008 version as this youtuber puts it? :D

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQhYzvB-IWA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

ooooh! nice.. the only version of la isla that i've heard is this one:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjwCAifhoPY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjwCAifhoPY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well.. actually, they're very similar.

Fall
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjwCAifhoPY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I simply cannot believe you've never heard "LIB 2008" before!! :eek: Are you serious man?!? Get listening!!! I used to like the live one better than the Mex. Ed. one but its totally the reverse now. I love both though :wub:

Criss_pl
09-21-2009, 09:56 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjwCAifhoPY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjwCAifhoPY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What the HELL, you never heard 2008 version of LIB
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Are you serious? How you could miss that? You should listen to it 10 times as a "punishment" for crime not knowing that version:p

wasabi622
09-21-2009, 01:50 PM
oh my god people! i knew it wasn't her song, so once i heard that one, i just figured that'll be it. sorta like how i didn't look for other versions of Hung Up and Love is All... i was sadly mistaken.

don't worry though! i am punishing myself sufficiently. as in, forcing myself to attend a lab, of which instructions include: bleed out 4 gallons of blood, cut the head off, and eviscerate it. all to live cattle to. it's gonna be great. *sarcasm sarcasm*

Fall
09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
oh my god people! i knew it wasn't her song, so once i heard that one, i just figured that'll be it. sorta like how i didn't look for other versions of Hung Up and Love is All... i was sadly mistaken.

don't worry though! i am punishing myself sufficiently. as in, forcing myself to attend a lab, of which instructions include: bleed out 4 gallons of blood, cut the head off, and eviscerate it. all to live cattle to. it's gonna be great. *sarcasm sarcasm*

lol i didnt either. Curse, and Bless the "related videos" and "recommended for you" sections!!, but wait... didn't you say you were doing that for real?
:confused::blink::eek:

wasabi622
09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
lol i didnt either. Curse, and Bless the "related videos" and "recommended for you" sections!!, but wait... didn't you say you were doing that for real?
:confused::blink::eek:

well, unfortunately, yea.. i do have to attend said lab. :(

the sarcasm part was for "it's gonna be great"

Fall
09-21-2009, 02:05 PM
well, unfortunately, yea.. i do have to attend said lab. :(

the sarcasm part was for "it's gonna be great"

And so, Fall06 made a fool of himself once again. :o Does it have anything to do with the military?

wasabi622
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
And so, Fall06 made a fool of himself once again. :o Does it have anything to do with the military?

what?! no! im an animal sciences major.. so its a class im taking. :p

Fall
09-21-2009, 02:23 PM

tsk, tsk, tsk. When will he ever learn? :o Sorry Wasabi. That's a pretty... interesting class you're taking :eek:

Criss_pl
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM

So you should rather like that:p (if choping and cutting animals could be liked), if you chose animal sciences, unless you HAD to choose it (forgive my ignorance, I don't know American educational system at all)
And look for all songs and performances d'Alizée. Come back when you learn lyrics to Ma priere:p(if you haven't seen it, don't even confess that here:))

wasabi622
09-21-2009, 10:49 PM
tsk, tsk, tsk. When will he ever learn? :o Sorry Wasabi. That's a pretty... interesting class you're taking :eek:

i hate it!! i'm an animal sciences major to become a veterinarian, not a freaking butcher! but supposedly, a veterinarian is also to know how to grade meat and whether or not their healthy enough to be consumed... but doesn't make it any easier.

So you should rather like that:p (if choping and cutting animals could be liked), if you chose animal sciences, unless you HAD to choose it (forgive my ignorance, I don't know American educational system at all)
And look for all songs and performances d'Alizée. Come back when you learn lyrics to Ma priere:p(if you haven't seen it, don't even confess that here:))

no i do not like it! but i had to take it cuz it was the only one that fit into my schedule.. mainly cuz i have french 4 days a week and a ROTC lab with a animal biology lab. :(

and yes! i shall look up d'Alizee! :D more stuff for me to stuff my Alizee craze with :D

FanDeAliFee
05-08-2010, 12:28 AM
The lengthy, illustrated essay cited below really is a postscript to the unexpected whimsical direction which my investigation of Alizée's surname origins took in the lengthy post, <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150366&postcount=10"><i>Jacotey/Jacotet genealogy</i></a>. Indeed, it is linked from the revised version of that post through a new paragraph I repeat here, immediately below:<blockquote>The dress worn by Alizée in a composite publicity photo for her <i>Psychédélices</i> album features symbols which embrace the central theme of <i>The DaVinci Code</i>. That and related Alizée symbolism are examined at great length in an essay titled <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/SexSymbolism/"><i>Sex symbolism, biomimetic and not: The secret "shame" of Tinkerbell</i></a></blockquote>I explored which of the many extant threads discussing <i>Psychédélices</i> might prove the best in which to cite this new essay, and I chose this one, because it was <b>not</b> about a tour, while also accumulating many posts and many reads.

In scanning the posts in this thread, I did not notice the observation about the neolgism "psychédélices" which I make, so if nothing else, I hope that will interest its subscribers. I was also encouraged to undertake writing the new essay because of the recent advent of both the Olympics and Valentine's Day, on both of which it also touches. The essay is only concerned with <b>visual</b> symbols, not lyrics or sounds, but as pepelepew has argued elsewhere, the <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=155008&postcount=67">visual aspect</a> of popular "music" has been dominant since the rise of MTV in the 1980s, albeit that seems to be something he regrets.

II notice that contrary to the original custom it followed, to this day <i>Alizee Reflections</i> does not offer a third, interpretative rendering of the song on its <a href="http://alizee-reflections.net/psychedelices.html">respective page</a> for it. I will leave it to subsequent posts here to examine if anything in my new essay adds to an understanding of the song's lyrics.

Människöpesten
05-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Psychedelicious is epic.