PDA

View Full Version : Don't download this song...

Shep
08-23-2006, 01:10 PM
http://dontdownloadthissong.com/

Thought this'd be appropriate considering we pirate (or used to pirate) Ali's music.

nurvonic
08-23-2006, 01:15 PM
LOL funny damn song! Im gonna go throw all my burnt cd's in the fireplace right now:p

Shep
08-23-2006, 01:17 PM
I know what you mean. I feel so guilty for downloading Ali's songs that I personally want to buy her a solid gold humvee as an apology... :(

nurvonic
08-23-2006, 01:21 PM
oh i know. the next thing u know, we're gonna be robbing convienient stores, selling crack, and running over school kids with our cars:eek:

DJ_Greg
08-23-2006, 01:31 PM
We don't really "pirate" Alizée's music. Almost everyone here has at least one of the CDs, with plans to buy the other. Same with the DVD. We just swap videos and rare tracks (like Il jouait du piano debout), which aren't on her albums.

Spartan500
08-23-2006, 01:44 PM
yeah we only half way "pirate" her stuff but yeah i think most if not all of us are working towards getting her CDs and DVD.

C-4
08-23-2006, 02:05 PM
I have both of her CD's, the CD of her concert, and the DVD of the concert, BUT the songs not on those CD's are also great.

I still cannot find a copy of Alizee et Natasha St Pier - 2004-05-17 - L`important c`est d'aimer - Pour Laurette (France 3)!

It was playing for a couple of days and then it stopped and the song is amazing!
Can anyone find a place to listen to it from the net and include a site address, please?!
I cannot find another site that has the song. :(
Thanks,
Stephen

Shep
08-23-2006, 02:17 PM
I guess you guys didn't realize I was joking about the piracy, eh?

Well in my mind to be a music pirate you have to never buy music CDs and just steal all of your music. I doubt many here are doing that.

Besides, just listen to the song. It's funny.

Spartan500
08-23-2006, 02:20 PM
igot what you mean't i guess i should have put a lol in my previous post because the song is funny

DJ_Greg
08-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Haha...same here.

christelle
08-23-2006, 02:44 PM
This song is a famous single sang by famous french singer of the eighties France Gall.

The "Pour Laurette" show happens every year in France, it's an association from victims of leukemia. Laurette was the daughter of famous french singer Michel Fugain, she dyed from leukemia at 23 years old in 2002.
Alizee says during the show she always wanted to give her blood, that seems really important to her, but she was too young to do it,-16- now she's gonna do it..!

RadioactiveMan
08-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I decided to upload the video to my badongo account with the songs that I've uploaded and a few unrelated things. At this rate it'll be another 75 minutes and you can find it by clicking the link above. I'll probably post a link directly to it when I'm finished.

This is all assuming that nothing goes wrong while I'm uploading it. I'm still expecting my computer to crash, lose it's internet connection, or something like that.

It will be in a .zip file and is 238 MB.

Metro
08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I never buy music CDs, I already dled the 2 Alizee CDs and later Ill download the DVD :/, BitTorrent is the answer.

Shep
08-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Sorry, I never buy music CDs, I already dled the 2 Alizee CDs and later Ill download the DVD :/, BitTorrent is the answer.

If it's not on iTunes, I check out limewire. If it's not there I give up, lol

General Patton
08-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Yea I don't have any of her cds or dvds. I watched her in concert on google video, and I can just download any of her songs. Sorry Alizee, but Prey for the 360 is more important....

Metro
08-23-2006, 06:14 PM
As I said, I find almost everything on Torrents :)

aditya8617
08-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I have her pirated version of her concert and I am NOT throwing it away and I don't feel guilty. I am broke at the moment so can't afford to buy her cd's but I have made a promise to myself that I will buy all her cd's to date when I get good enough money which will be a few years though, till then pirated stuff, I need to stay in touch with her by hook or br crook.

Bob
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
I have her pirated version of her concert and I am NOT throwing it away and I don't feel guilty. I am broke at the moment so can't afford to buy her cd's but I have made a promise to myself that I will buy all her cd's to date when I get good enough money which will be a few years though, till then pirated stuff, I need to stay in touch with her by hook or br crook.

i wouldnt say you would buy all because all of the special editions, etc. etc., you would be spending a lot of money, remember from the stars a domicile videos? :p don't lie to yourself

Spartan500
08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
lol that is a ton of money to spend but maybe thats why he said it will take a few years

Impurator
08-29-2006, 03:33 AM
Does iTunes offer Alizée's CDs? I would be surprised, Virgin Digital doesn't have them and I suspect it is a licensing issue (since it's a European company).

aditya8617
08-29-2006, 04:01 AM
@ Bob : When I said all I meant ALL and Spartan made clear the rest.

Pirate515
08-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Does iTunes offer Alizée's CDs? I would be surprised, Virgin Digital doesn't have them and I suspect it is a licensing issue (since it's a European company).I wasn't able to find any of her songs in the American store; however, if you switch to the French store, they have all 3 of her albums.

iolaus_uk
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Great song.
But i have to confess i did download alizee songs.
But i only did it while i was waiting for mine BRAND NEW,BROUGHT FROM AMAZON ,MONEY GOING STRAIGHT TO HER(sort of) CD'S.
I couldnt wait so I found no harm in "borrowing" them until mine arrived ,When mine can I broke them up and put them in the bin ,So as i said I really just Borrowed them.
My god forgive my sins .

DJ_Greg
08-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Eh, don't sweat it. At this point, none of the money from those CD sales are going to Alizée.

Music is one of the only commodities you don't know what you're buying until you buy it, and then you can't return it if you don't like it. (Some stores will let you...most will only give store credit). Until the industry adapts to allow people to listen to entire albums before they're purchased, I don't see a problem with downloading.

I downloaded both albums before I purchased MCE, in order to find out if I'd like the music. I liked the newer tracks enough to buy that album. Gourmandises (the album) has taken longer to grow on me. I'll probably buy it eventually, if only for the better-quality recordings.

Shep
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
eh, I download. I hate supporting companies who've adapted a perverted form of capitalism. The IRAA is as much theives as those who download the music and yet in court they're always playing the victim and it makes me sick...

HibyPrime
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
yet another reason why canada > all:

there was a lawsuit a few years ago from one of the record companies against someone who downloaded hundreds of thousands of songs in canada. guess what, the record company lost.

the court decided it was not a copyright infringment (!!!!!)

so downloading music in canada is legal, for now..

Edit: Sorry, downloading music is not 'legal', it is just still in the grey area. You know how long it takes for laws to get passed - in any country.

Shep
08-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Record companies are starting to losing legal ground in the US as well. They are winning a few things but not high powered lawsuits anymore. I think they just win an inflated amount of money for each song downloaded or something.

RadioactiveMan
08-29-2006, 02:08 PM
I think that downloading songs is great. I'd never buy an album without hearing it first. I'd buy any album that I've downloaded and liked, though. I'll never consider downloads a substitute for a real CD.

HibyPrime
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I think that downloading songs is great. I'd never buy an album without hearing it first. I'd buy any album that I've downloaded and liked, though. I'll never consider downloads a substitute for a real CD.

theres got to be atleast one artist/band/group you know of that you will buy their cd without question..

for me, i'm buying the next linkin park album that come out, they have never given me any reason to expect that their new music will be any worse than their old music - just as I bought meteora after only hearing one of the songs off the cd.

I would also do the same with alizee, but there are new writers for the music this time, and (KNOCK ON WOOD UNTIL IT BURSTS INTO A MILLION SPLINTERS) it may not be as good as the other 2 albums.

Shep
08-29-2006, 02:25 PM
theres got to be atleast one artist/band/group you know of that you will buy their cd without question..

for me, i'm buying the next linkin park album that come out, they have never given me any reason to expect that their new music will be any worse than their old music - just as I bought meteora after only hearing one of the songs off the cd.

I would also do the same with alizee, but there are new writers for the music this time, and (KNOCK ON WOOD UNTIL IT BURSTS INTO A MILLION SPLINTERS) it may not be as good as the other 2 albums.

I'm REALLY hoping Ali doesn't go the way of Dave Matthews Band. I used to LOVE 90% of their music and then came Stand Up... that album was just shameful. The way an artist can quickly lose my respect is to do something political and that's exactly what they did...

Pardon me. I need a minute. :( :( :( :( X25 (friggin image limit)

RadioactiveMan
08-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I'd buy any KISS or Aerosmith album without question (as well as any Alizée album) and I'd probably buy any album from a number of other artists, but I don't expect any more to come out. Paul Stanley is releasing a solo album soon, and I'll be sure to get that.

I guess that I should have said that I would never apend money on an artist without knowing that I liked them first.

DJ_Greg
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm REALLY hoping Ali doesn't go the way of Dave Matthews Band. I used to LOVE 90% of their music and then came Stand Up... that album was just shameful. The way an artist can quickly lose my respect is to do something political and that's exactly what they did...

Pardon me. I need a minute. :( :( :( :( X25 (friggin image limit)

Actually, Stand Up grew on me after a while. Give it another shot when you're sick of everything else you listen to, or just happen to be in a different mood/frame of mind. It might surprise you.

I don't listen to it too much now, but I still listen to American Baby, Stolen Away on 55th and 3rd, and a few others. Definitely my least favorite DMB album, but I don't hate it anymore.

EDIT: I didn't see the "political" part of your post at first. Can't help ya, there.

Shep
08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Actually, Stand Up grew on me after a while. Give it another shot when you're sick of everything else you listen to, or just happen to be in a different mood/frame of mind. It might surprise you.

I don't listen to it too much now, but I still listen to American Baby, Stolen Away on 55th and 3rd, and a few others. Definitely my least favorite DMB album, but I don't hate it anymore.

EDIT: I didn't see the "political" part of your post at first. Can't help ya, there.

I can listen all the way through the first two albums repeatedly even today but I was literally a life long fan (since I was about 5 or 6) and it just seemed so half hearted. There are very few songs I like on the album, really only two that I can stand. It seems to manufactured and I don't feel that they were just sitting around jamming like they did with under the table and crash.

orange2289
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
I have downloaded hee songs. But I plan on buying them as soon as I can. I know it is easier to download but I want the cd with the pictures and all the good stuff that comes with them.

Roman
10-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Bump!

Speaking of downloading, check out this Google cache from ez-tracks.com. It says legal free downloads of songs. On Sunday (21st) J'en ai marre was #8 on their top world music songs. That's good, but legal download? Hmmm.
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:74Cl690bSH4J:www.ez-tracks.com/getsong-songid-31195.html+alizee+tattoo&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=20&gl=us

Bud10
10-26-2007, 02:47 PM
That song is pretty funny. I like Weird Al, he's one of my favorite artist :D

marik
10-28-2007, 04:49 AM
what is this? lol another revived thread? haha! well thats right Pirating Alizée musics is bad!

Edcognito
10-28-2007, 12:22 PM
"You'll burn in hell, and you know you deserve it".... ROFL - ZOMGROFLMMFAO!

I thought i was gonna spit coffee all over the monitor.....

Ed:cool:

Capn
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
everyone make sure to click the big button that says download this song

Ioku
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
one of my friend has over 60 gigs of downloaded music

Capn
10-29-2007, 12:04 AM

are you proud of that lol

Ioku
10-29-2007, 12:13 AM
No not really, but I do like the fact that he shares all the music he downloads :)

Edcognito
10-29-2007, 12:21 AM

Look, lets get one thing straight. I don't like pirates. I don't like hearing about pirates. And this site is dedicated to fans of Alizée. Fans don't steal. Mature, Responsible adults don't steal.

Don't come on here and brag about your theft. It is most definitely NOT cool.

Ed:mad:

Edcognito
10-29-2007, 12:23 AM

Staying in touch with her is one thing, stealing is another............

Capn
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Look, lets get one thing straight. I don't like pirates. I don't like hearing about pirates. And this site is dedicated to fans of Alizée. Fans don't steal. Mature, Responsible adults don't steal.

Don't come on here and brag about your theft. It is most definitely NOT cool.

indeed I had pirated her music when I first heard about her but soon enough bought all of her cd's because the music caught me

Roman
10-29-2007, 05:18 AM

Check out digimaze on DC++ sharing 1.27TiB (that's tebi (terra) bytes). I don't know what it all is (except that it's mostly videos) or if it was illegally obtained, but wow. That's a lot of stuff.
It's taken me a while to realize that I think I want all the remixes too. I don't know if they're even available for purchase now. I wish they had all those on one disk at this point, but I have to figure out if it is in my overall going broke strategy to buy all the singles releases if that's how to get those remixes without just "downloadin'". Anyway, a point to be made is that while we may not really think about it much most of the time, those are also for sale items that are copyrighted and not free. It's just so easy to share and get things anymore that it's easy to forget some of what is and is not "free" until we stop to think about it.
By the way, my real main reason for bumping this thread was to point out Alizée's ranking on that web site and just the comment about it being strange that they say it is a no-cost legal download site, which makes me wonder as that seems kind of fishy. Don't believe everything you read.