PDA

View Full Version : brad can you convert this website into French?

garçoncanadien
12-01-2007, 09:22 AM
hi brad can you convert this forum into a French version, like they have on alizeeforum? :D

marik
12-01-2007, 09:40 AM
looks nice Garcon!,well why we dont make a French forum here so we can have French peoples here :),more French people! XD

Uméesha
12-01-2007, 09:52 AM
yeah good idea! garcon, we need more french people in this forum, so.... it will be helpful for the people who are willing to learn french from them:)

brad
12-01-2007, 10:33 AM
what do you mean? add a french section?

Deepwaters
12-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Bonne idée GC !

Nous devrions avoir les modérateurs francophone. Offres-tu ?

garçoncanadien
12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
nein brad you know how you can convert Alizeeforum to show in polish, spanish, french, or whatever? can you do that here? like have a translated version of vbulletin for the frenchies like myself? :p

Toc De Mac
12-01-2007, 12:37 PM
nein brad you know how you can convert Alizeeforum to show in polish, spanish, french, or whatever? can you do that here? like have a translated version of vbulletin for the frenchies like myself? :p

Ca serait cool quand même d'avoir un forum francophone. ;)

AmericanFan
12-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah, then rename it to Alizee France.

cocoroa
12-01-2007, 01:08 PM
i´d be nice to have this site in english and french

SilentFox
12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
would be different! but interesting

Piblokto
12-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Ca serait cool quand même d'avoir un forum francophone. ;)

There are already so many french fan sites an blogs. And making an effort for understanding a foreign language is good for my french neurones. So stick to English.
Even though I don't participate very much, I really apreciate reading you all for many reasons, one of them is that I love considering new points of view on things too familiar to me. It makes them like new.
For example, for me lilly (lili ?) was only another cute pop singer, a little more talented than others, but it's when I saw what she could do to people all around the world - including the US -, that I realized how big was her talent.
Actually Sakozy should name her Ambassador at the UN and les Champs Elysées have to be renamed Champs Alizée...
PS : although I live 10 mn away from the Champs' virgin megastore, I won't be there on monday because I'm working late. Tant pis...

fsquared
12-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I think they're only asking that things like "Post Reply", "Quote", etc. (the "controls" of the site) be switchable to French, not that there should be a Francophone forum.

cocoroa
12-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I think they're only asking that things like "Post Reply", "Quote", etc. (the "controls" of the site) be switchable to French, not that there should be a Francophone forum.

that´s right fs

cocoroa
12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
if all the forum was in french i wouldn´t understand a thing

Matrix
12-01-2007, 04:33 PM
By asking this you are putting Brad in a very difficult situation. How does he reply without offending anyone? Look, we already have a website on the internet that is doing what you are asking for.

This website of Brads is fine the way it is...don't change it Brad. We all deeply appreciate the french translations and are forever indebted to those who have devoted unselfishly their time and sweat helping us non-speaking french understand :) ... it can't be said enough, merci french linguists

By providing alternative language forums on this website you now will alienate the english speaking people and make it just that much harder to navigate here and at the same time giving you more of a headache controlling it.

If Alizée wants to come here to visit and leave a message she can regardless if we have a french forum or not. Jessica came here (fee clochette)

It's a tight little unit you have here Brad, don't congest it by doing what the OP asks for and your sanity will be thankful for it

garçoncanadien
12-01-2007, 04:35 PM
ok please let me rephrase my request
can you give us a French version of VBulletin, so we can choose which language to display our VBulletin in? that way everybody has the option.

Abstract Being
12-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Yes, that would be a good idea, like a ComboBox with some languages (or just English and French) just to read Controls. We are not talking about posting in French, are we?
I wonder if the servers would be capable of supporting more bandwidth.

espire
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Though not the original idea, why not have a single forum for discussion in French?

marik
12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Though not the original idea, why not have a single forum for discussion in French?

yeah!,why not have a new French section in here??:blink:

fsquared
12-01-2007, 08:56 PM
We had a thread to talk in French already. We can revive it. Matrix misinterpreted the original request. I think multiple language options for the controls are great and do not bother anyone.

Rev
12-01-2007, 09:05 PM

yeah!,why not have a new French section in here??:blink:

We had a thread to talk in French already. We can revive it. Matrix misinterpreted the original request. I think multiple language options for the controls are great and do not bother anyone.

Although I understand why people would wish for a French section, this is already a great web site as it is (I believe this is the best English site on the web). I would be concerned that we would end up splitting the group (think of it as haves and have-nots areas if you would).

Sir Wood
12-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Although I understand why people would wish for a French section, this is already a great web site as it is (I believe this is the best English site on the web). I would be concerned that we would end up splitting the group (think of it as haves and have-nots areas if you would).

I agree, with not spliting and having separate language forums here.

If I understand correctly, what Garçoncanadien is asking is if vBulletin can be set up to auto-translate the English postings to whatever language the user wishes to view at that time. Je ne sais pas. Vous comprendre?

garçoncanadien
12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
yeh yeh yeh brad pretty pleaase can i see the vbulletin controls in French and the date in french etc etc :D:D:D

JCC
12-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Hmmm...interesting idea! That would give us aspiring french-speakers the chance to practice reading our french. While your at it, make an option for SPanish, too :)

fsquared
12-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I agree, with not spliting and having separate language forums here.

If I understand correctly, what Garçoncanadien is asking is if vBulletin can be set up to auto-translate the English postings to whatever language the user wishes to view at that time. Je ne sais pas. Vous comprendre?

People seem to be getting really confused about this. Look, there's all this stuff "around" the postings, that's part of the bulletin board itself, like the header that says "Reply to Thread", and the button that says "Submit Reply", and the thing that says "Additional Options", and the thing that says "Smilies" above the smilies, and the little thing that says "Posts: 1002". GC just wants those things to be switchable to French.

Sir Wood
12-03-2007, 02:01 AM
People seem to be getting really confused about this. Look, there's all this stuff "around" the postings, that's part of the bulletin board itself, like the header that says "Reply to Thread", and the button that says "Submit Reply", and the thing that says "Additional Options", and the thing that says "Smilies" above the smilies, and the little thing that says "Posts: 1002". GC just wants those things to be switchable to French.

mmkay, thanks for the clarification. ;)