PDA

View Full Version : D'occasion comme neuf 'or' tès bon?

WyomingGrizFan
12-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Now I know I'am getting rather lazy on this but I was wondering, on qualification of newness and/or mint condition, which of the above would be interpreted as the closest?...'D'occasion comme neuf' or 'd'occasion tès bon?'

ajaccio corsica
12-21-2007, 07:45 AM
hi
I think "d'occasion comme neuf" is supposed to be better than "d'occasion très bon"
however it's based on the owner's estimation therefore very subjective
cheers

WyomingGrizFan
12-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Thank you very much for your response, 'ajaccio corsica.' I too consider, or am under the impression, "d'occasion comme neuf" as a better condition designation (neuf = new). Then I researched a product and the price range was like 36,30 eur for a "d'occasion très bon" and but 7,50 to 20,50 eur for a "comme neuf." I became confused. Normally I hazzard the..."you get what you pay for"...routine and the better should normally be the most expensive.

Thanks again. Best regards.

Cooney
12-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Was it something where a company set the prices and described it like that, or had an official scale, or was it merely what people were choosing to write?

If it isn't an "official scale" used by a vendor or vending site, "like new" and "very good" could be the same thing in the eyes of different people. I generally would go with the "like new" item, if it's different people selling them, as there are plenty of people who ask inflated prices for inferior goods in the world of online sales.

The best thing is to get pictures and choose for yourself.

WyomingGrizFan
12-22-2007, 04:47 AM
I wish I could get a picture of said items. This is of a French female singer that I've come to appreciate, one that I became familiar with as I followed Alizée's career over the past couple years, and am now collecting CDs of, an eventual DVD as well. There is only one site, amazon.fr, that I've found that carries a particular edition, CD + videos, that I've discovered that still has copies available; though I'd definitely prefer a "brand-new" copy, factory-sealed, but, as I see, is as Amazon has it, sold by vendors on their particular site. Not much else except how the vendor describes it and the fellow user-rating system that helps on the credibility of the seller. Can't find it on eBay's French site which surprised me; could post a 'Want It Now' but that could be pushing my luck, though it probably wouldn't hurt either. I have had great success in the past doing it that way, as long as the item is new, sometimes it's a sellers market and I can live with that, as long as I can afford it, that is.

A couple years from now I could easily find myself spending $ 100.00 on a new copy of Alizée's 'Psychédélices' CD+DVD, if available, and I have about six or so brand new CDs still in their original wrapping from various artists already that are at least ten years old already. Some even older.

Yeah, on-line purchases can be risky at times. I'd really, really much rather attend an auction where a person can view the item for sale personally, gaining that much more confidence. It's like buying coins as such, which I had to sell my collection for about $ 15,000 recently; not much but it was a small start but now I'am into collecting valuable CDs, some are getting kind of pricey, especially when considering the International market. Generally I haven't been burned on items called 'new,' 'factory sealed,' etc., but even a coin sellers appraisal can be misleading and sometimes inaccurate, especially if it isn't sealed and graded by a guarantee company like NGC, PCGS, etc.

Just remembered that I still have a couple LPs that are going on forty years old now, played them once or twice at that's about it; used, granted, but in very excellent condition. Pretty well protected with original inserts, etc. Leftovers from the three or four hundred LPs I donated to a college I once attended. Another subjective qualification, needless to say, on my part, but most sellers that have a good reputation are the connoiseurs that started their own collections and are seemingly well informed about the industries that they collect through. That's one other reason that I like this site. It has individuals that are seemingly very well respected in the collecting department of many valuable commodities that I too appreciate. That's why I was seeking an opinion on this particular subject. The International market in the music industry has really blossomed in recent years and the individual nations' cultural background before the Internet is really quite a treasure house of artistic splendour that I've been recently exploring. It's really quite interesting and has influence my buying habits for the future purchases that I envision.

Take care.

Roman
12-22-2007, 10:34 PM
well, new should be perfect condition and so like new, but not technically new, should be you probably can't tell the difference.
then there's 'neuf non scellé' (new not sealed) or just 'neuf'

Of course, off of eBay or something, people can say whatever they want and you have to trust their judgment. You know that, of course.

I've had people send me stuff that gets bend or otherwise damaged in the mail (minor, but still damage). So, that's another reason I'd really rather buy from Amazon or something rather than eBay. Still, there was damage to the 12" vinyl that I got from alapage. There shipping method looked good, but allowed some bending which flattened out, but in another spot the plastic was cracked/broken. That was for the psychédélices album. I also have to blame the cheap plastic of the pouch it comes in anyway. Still, it's hard to get stuff here from France without some kind of damage.

WyomingGrizFan
12-22-2007, 11:33 PM
I know the misery. I've even ordered through eBay and a couple times the item has been 'lost' in the mail no less. Those plastic little baggies just don't cut it either. That's why if I send something it's in an actual Postal Service cardboard box specifically designed for CDs and DVDs, with extra bubble wrap for protection.

Found this little item on the music stack site. I don't know how much longer it'll be on but I would have hoped for a pricing on a 'new' instead of but 'excellent' for such a price:

http://www.musicstack.com/item/95615824/Chimene+badi/dis+moi+que+tu

I know he has a 100 % Feedback score but his Fill Rate is still below average (45 %). Still seems pretty risky for me, especially for his asking price.

$ 68,425.00 for one little o' CD? I would hope this is a misprint, somehow or another. Otherwise, somebody is 'reeeaaaalllly' taking themselves rather seriously these days.

Roman
12-23-2007, 05:49 AM
I know the misery. I've even ordered through eBay and a couple times the item has been 'lost' in the mail no less. Those plastic little baggies just don't cut it either. That's why if I send something it's in an actual Postal Service cardboard box specifically designed for CDs and DVDs, with extra bubble wrap for protection.

Found this little item on the music stack site. I don't know how much longer it'll be on but I would have hoped for a pricing on a 'new' instead of but 'excellent' for such a price:

http://www.musicstack.com/item/95615824/Chimene+badi/dis+moi+que+tu

I know he has a 100 % Feedback score but his Fill Rate is still below average (45 %). Still seems pretty risky for me, especially for his asking price.

$ 68,425.00 for one little o' CD? I would hope this is a misprint, somehow or another. Otherwise, somebody is 'reeeaaaalllly' taking themselves rather seriously these days.
Really, makes me want to listen. Maybe I really will be transported off to a magical land and never by the same, like getting hit by lightning. Uh, no. Don't think so. It's a cool site in that they have all that really serious rating stuff. Some joker putting like new on stuff that I can see is worn in the picture is rather annoying. Of course, when it's going for like 5EUR, I'm too angry. I just wish all these vendors on eBay would at least say that they'll ship to the US. I am certain I would have bought more stuff recently if they did. But instead I think of the hassle of trying to ask them and the little time left on the auction and just say screw it and move on.