PDA

View Full Version : Am I... Cured?

Shep
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Recently I've been examining how I feel towards Alizée. I think some way some how I don't feel like I did about her. Still love her music, she's still imo a great person, and she's incredibly good looking and I would love to work with her one day but I'm not feeling that angst as I did when I first found out about her. I don't know why exactly, maybe I've been working too hard to "obsess" over her or whatever, but I don't feel that angst. That doesn't mean I don't admire her any less. I still am incredibly jealous of Jeremy, don't hate him like I used to, but he's still an incredibly lucky person. And no, I'm still not planning on throwing him off a bridge...

Anyone else been able to get from her grasp?

iolaus_uk
08-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I did
But only for a week.
Met a girl ,started going with her more .
after the week i started seeing all the bad points and thought i need out.
at least with alizee we dont see no bad points (Apart for waiting what seems a life time for the new album).we can go out for a drink with our mates and not come back to a moaning women.
the thing i am finding hard is that i now compere all women to alizee not healthy i know but just cant help it.
i need to find an alizee looking girl thats been brought up by nuns i think that should do it, anybody know where that place may be?

Impurator
08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I think that's the ideal state, and where I try to stay. I think the angst comes from wanting something (or someone!) so badly who is so clearly out of reach. But then you realize it's not so bad to admire without having, and you get more reasonable dreams like seeing her in concert or dating a girl who has her outlook on life, and this is probably much healthier.

... it's still okay to have a lot of posters and CDs and stuff though :D

And I'd hardly say you're cured, just got rid of the hurty part. The obsession I suspect will be life-long (at least for myself) - to me this is a nice feeling though!

Shep
08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I did
But only for a week.
Met a girl ,started going with her more .
after the week i started seeing all the bad points and thought i need out.
at least with alizee we dont see no bad points (Apart for waiting what seems a life time for the new album).we can go out for a drink with our mates and not come back to a moaning women.
the thing i am finding hard is that i now compere all women to alizee not healthy i know but just cant help it.
i need to find an alizee looking girl thats been brought up by nuns i think that should do it, anybody know where that place may be?

Try French Mormon Girls. Trust me.

Shep
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I think that's the ideal state, and where I try to stay. I think the angst comes from wanting something (or someone!) so badly who is so clearly out of reach. But then you realize it's not so bad to admire without having, and you get more reasonable dreams like seeing her in concert or dating a girl who has her outlook on life, and this is probably much healthier.

... it's still okay to have a lot of posters and CDs and stuff though :D

And I'd hardly say you're cured, just got rid of the hurty part. The obsession I suspect will be life-long (at least for myself) - to me this is a nice feeling though!

Yeah, it's a rather fragile balance. I know I could cause the bad to come back if I'm not careful so I'm limiting my Ali intake. But if my dream does come true and I can get her to be in a movie of mine, I dunno what it'd be like to see her on a day to day basis...

C-4
08-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Alizée has the "X factor" which I have mentioned in another thread. This is when you cannot put your finger on what it is, but it is most likely a compliation of a number of fine things one finds in another person, including looks, sex appeal, certain qualities such as Alizée's eyes and how they captivate everyone, her personality, how she is captured by the camera, the entire aura of her. How the French say a certain "j'ney se qua"(spelling here is obviously way off...sorry!)

When this happens, and she is promoted in such a professional way by Farmer and company, you see her in a light that is so alluring that you cannot possibly resist her charm, her figure, her sex appeal, her smile, and everything else about her.

I am thankful that we have her here for us all to to be her fans.
I find none of Alizée's qualities in the American pop divas at all, nor any of the Hollywood stars and almost-stars we see on T.V. and in the movies.

Alizée has far more going for her then they do in my humble opinion.
After being taken in by her alure and watching her videos, talking amongst our forum members and being excited as a group as well as individually, just like anything else that we know is unobtainable to us mere mortals, we are ultimately satisfied that no one has taken her from our viewing and listening pleasure.

This of course does not prevent us from day-dreaming about her endlessly, and it may, for some, also set higher, or much, much higher standards of what we would desire in a woman for ourselves.

Personally, I am just glad that I am happily married. Had I not been married at this point, I would go to France and find a French woman that I found had the same or similar qualities of Alizée and just hope for the best.

brad
08-29-2006, 12:57 PM
everything C-4 said is right on the money .. but I think what really sets her apart from everyone else (at least for Amercians) is that she is French.

There is just something about hearing her speak .. not understanding what she is saying ... and it sounds so... 'pretty' for lack of a better word.

Its like she is very attractive, very sweet .. and then you hear her talking in this crazy beautiful language .. and most people lose it right there.

C-4
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Brad, You are CORRECT SIR!

bt_bird_90
08-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I think I've hit a bit turning point too. Like you said, I'm not over her in any way, and the feelings haven't "faded", but now I feel "at peace". I think it's because I've read a lot of stuff on Jeremy lately and he seems like a decent guy. Now I am just happy for Alizée, she deserves to be happy. There's not the need to see her as "mine" anymore, I just feel blessed I ever got a chance to know of her. She seems like a truely loving person, and I can only hope to find my own lady like that someday. I don't need this forum like a drug anymore either.

rwd716
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
I too have gone through a similar transition. I felt the angst, but now I am content and hope to find a girl like alizée. I also have plans to go to Germany because i'm in the Air Force. Hopefully, I can visit France and find a cute French girl like her. :D

bt_bird_90
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Is there like a pen that they keep all the cute little Alizée-esque girls in for Americans when they arrive in France?

RadioactiveMan
08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I perfer the free-range French girls myself.

Bob
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
wait, cured of alizée? you want to be cured? i mean i can understand a little bit, but think if you had never found out about her, your good looking-ugly scale would be whack! =)

acer
08-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Try French Mormon Girls. Trust me.
i would, but they run too fast

aditya8617
08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
I think I never really got obsessed with her, I thought I was but after I joined this website I realised that I am not that badly affected as most of u were or still are. So I really don't know what it means to be cured as I still feel the same about her as I did when I first saw her.

Shep
08-30-2006, 01:07 AM
I too have gone through a similar transition. I felt the angst, but now I am content and hope to find a girl like alizée. I also have plans to go to Germany because i'm in the Air Force. Hopefully, I can visit France and find a cute French girl like her. :D

Thank you for your service, mate.

I realize there are extremely gorgeous everywhere in the world. As odd as it may seem, like UFOs, I believe there's probably some one out there even more beautiful than Lili. I haven't found any proof of it yet, but it's possible.

I think I never really got obsessed with her, I thought I was but after I joined this website I realised that I am not that badly affected as most of u were or still are. So I really don't know what it means to be cured as I still feel the same about her as I did when I first saw her.

I don't think I was ever at cybersoil level of obsession, but I was at least on the scale somewhere. I didn't get into the whole downloading every video ever made of her or filling up hard drives full of her pics or anything.

wait, cured of alizée? you want to be cured? i mean i can understand a little bit, but think if you had never found out about her, your good looking-ugly scale would be whack! =)

I'm INCREDIBLY happy that I found out about her, but I'm also glad that I'm not going through limerence anymore or anything like that. I enjoy her music and she's extremely easy on the eyes. But she's heavy on the heart :(

Impurator
08-30-2006, 02:21 AM
Hrm, I see I'm not the only one with the secret plan to find a French girl ;-)

I have some hope that cultural differences played a part in forming her personality, since I can say for certain that American culture does not seem to foster that sort. Here we are brought up to believe that your job is who you are, and success is measured in how expensive your toys are, whereas Alizée explicitly splits her life from her occupation and enjoys life simply. I am just wondering how much of this is Corsican/French and how much is a personality quirk. Anyone?

Shep
08-30-2006, 04:08 AM
I've met quite a few (mormon) girls who have great personalities just like Ali, non materialistic romantic type. One was just as hot, not quite as captivating, but she turned out to be insane. I can NOT stand the stuck up "bitchy" type that have dominated the American Entertainment Industry (I almost vomit everytime I see Spears/Aguilera/Simpson/Manufactured pop star #39847/etc.). I really like the down to earth, margaritaville kind of girl. Kick back and watch the sunset on a cool breezy day at the beach.

(If it's not obvious by now, I'm LDS (mormon)).

rcs
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Shep,

You are correct. I couldn't stand the attitude if I dated a girl portrayed like the ones you just mentioned. Fake people suck, and if they're truly like that...all bitchy, they suck even worse. Alizee and the girls that come close to a match like her are "keepers" man...the kind you take home to mother.

General Patton
08-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Yea I really not obsess with her, I have never been. When I first saw her I was happy but now the vids, and songs are just getting old.
PS: Please don't kill me...

RadioactiveMan
08-30-2006, 04:47 PM
PS: Please don't kill me...

Sorry, but some things are inevitable!

General Patton
08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Sorry, but some things are inevitable!

Oh no... Brad don't use my IP address to find me and let everyone on the forum kill me this was a VERY bad idea...

RadioactiveMan
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh no... Brad don't use my IP address to find me and let everyone on the forum kill me this was a VERY bad idea...

Join us or die, Patton! Muahahahah!

General Patton
08-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Join us or die, Patton! Muahahahah!

But you can't kill me hahahah you don't know where I live, you don't know my name so haahahahaha

proper
08-30-2006, 09:56 PM
i will not be over her untill i cant c r hear becuz of old age r untill i get my head shot off by a sawed off shotgun whitch will happen sooner r later :)

proper
08-31-2006, 03:26 AM
i just got into alizee and i need to see the la isla bontia vid atlease twice a day r i go a fukin rampage LOL im sure ill get over it when i hook up with this girl that kinda looks like alizee :) lucky me :D

Spartan500
08-31-2006, 03:50 AM
Patton you crazy as son of b***h brad please give me his address jk lol it's alright patton

General Patton
09-01-2006, 10:01 PM
I am scaried very scaried.....

Urb4n
09-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Recently I've been examining how I feel towards Alizée. I think some way some how I don't feel like I did about her. Still love her music, she's still imo a great person, and she's incredibly good looking and I would love to work with her one day but I'm not feeling that angst as I did when I first found out about her. I don't know why exactly, maybe I've been working too hard to "obsess" over her or whatever, but I don't feel that angst. That doesn't mean I don't admire her any less. I still am incredibly jealous of Jeremy, don't hate him like I used to, but he's still an incredibly lucky person. And no, I'm still not planning on throwing him off a bridge...

Anyone else been able to get from her grasp?

Simply put, you merely had a strong physical attraction. Better known as a crush.

Bob
09-02-2006, 09:42 PM
patton, patton, patton... when will you learn....

Shep
09-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Simply put, you merely had a strong physical attraction. Better known as a crush.

I wouldn't say it was physical... infact, I think I was one of the few guys who didn't care to see close ups of certain "J'en ai Marre" camera angles... IF you know what I mean...

brad
09-03-2006, 03:55 AM
I wouldn't say it was physical... infact, I think I was one of the few guys who didn't care to see close ups of certain "J'en ai Marre" camera angles... IF you know what I mean...

i think you will find, that anyone who takes the time to sign up and post on a website feels the same way .. or at least there is more about her than a 2 sec. clip of a girl shaking her ass.

rcs
09-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Call it the Alizee effect or phenomeon. She's an angel.

mini.mac
09-03-2006, 01:39 PM

Me neither

mini.mac
09-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Alizée has the "X factor" which I have mentioned in another thread. This is when you cannot put your finger on what it is, but it is most likely a compliation of a number of fine things one finds in another person, including looks, sex appeal, certain qualities such as Alizée's eyes and how they captivate everyone, her personality, how she is captured by the camera, the entire aura of her. How the French say a certain "j'ney se qua"(spelling here is obviously way off...sorry!)

When this happens, and she is promoted in such a professional way by Farmer and company, you see her in a light that is so alluring that you cannot possibly resist her charm, her figure, her sex appeal, her smile, and everything else about her.

I am thankful that we have her here for us all to to be her fans.
I find none of Alizée's qualities in the American pop divas at all, nor any of the Hollywood stars and almost-stars we see on T.V. and in the movies.

Alizée has far more going for her then they do in my humble opinion.
After being taken in by her alure and watching her videos, talking amongst our forum members and being excited as a group as well as individually, just like anything else that we know is unobtainable to us mere mortals, we are ultimately satisfied that no one has taken her from our viewing and listening pleasure.

This of course does not prevent us from day-dreaming about her endlessly, and it may, for some, also set higher, or much, much higher standards of what we would desire in a woman for ourselves.

Personally, I am just glad that I am happily married. Had I not been married at this point, I would go to France and find a French woman that I found had the same or similar qualities of Alizée and just hope for the best.

Dude, you totally right.

She's the prefect girl. Just the right amount of naughtiness, but yet remain innocent at the most part. The whole 'package' is just right.

As others talk about getting a french girlfriend. I know some of them were just kidding, but at least you guys have a chance. Being asian (chinese) pitty much stand no chance getting a non-asian girfriend. Don't get me wrong, they'll be friend with you, but if you want to move to a different level, most of them will think twice. Especially when english is not your mother tongue, not to mention speaking a third language.

*sigh*

P.S. BTW, that's 'je ne sais quoi' - 'I don't now what' for someone who didn't already know.

marik
07-02-2007, 07:52 AM
:wub:im not cured right? cause im always OL! here! i always check the official news!

im in love to Alizée!:wub:

garçoncanadien
07-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I am cured. my signature says how ;)

marik
07-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I am cured. my signature says how ;)

i cant understand it garcon!:(
think im cured too! but i dunno how i am cured!:blink:

OGRE
07-02-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm cured, but in the preservation sense not the disease sense. From Wikipedia:

curing refers to various preservation and flavoring processes....by the addition of a combination of salt, sugar and either nitrate or nitrite. Many curing processes also involve smoking

Alizée has the perfect metaphorical content of salt, sugar, and nitrites, not to mention being smoking hot, as to pretty much preserve my brain synapses in a perpetual gaga state.

Deepwaters
07-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Good heavens, why would I want a cure? I don't feel any angst or anxiety here. I have everything from Her Grace that I could ever have expected and more. As for raising my standards of womanhood, considering some of the relationships from my past that ain't no bad thing.

Drake498
07-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Good heavens, why would I want a cure? I don't feel any angst or anxiety here. I have everything from Her Grace that I could ever have expected and more. As for raising my standards of womanhood, considering some of the relationships from my past that ain't no bad thing.

I would have to agree with Deepweaters, Lili has brought so much goood to my life, even more then b4, and as far as women goes, simply thinking rational is fine...

Killian
07-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Alizée should probably be looked upon as the woman of your dreams not as a model on which judge all the women in your life. I mean nothing can compare to perfection and i am pretty sure that that is how most of the members here view Alizée. By using her to judge relationships what was a healthy enjoyment could easily become an unhealthy obsession.

But I do have to agree with Deepwaters, why would anyone want a cure. A cure is for something bad. Alizée brings joy and warmth to my life and that can only be a good thing. She is proof in a higher deity. God must have created her as proof that there is still goodness in the world.

CFHollister
07-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm cured, but in the preservation sense not the disease sense. From Wikipedia:

Alizée has the perfect metaphorical content of salt, sugar, and nitrites, not to mention being smoking hot, as to pretty much preserve my brain synapses in a perpetual gaga state.

Well put OGRE:D, lol. I really enjoy that analogy.:cool:

As for the other sense of "cure," I'm with Deepwaters; why the hell would I want to be cured?