PDA

View Full Version : A burning question..

HibyPrime
08-29-2006, 02:34 PM
This one may boggle you a little bit..

How are we going to know when Alizee's new album is released?

or the single for that matter

RadioactiveMan
08-29-2006, 02:47 PM
We'll find out on websites like nidalizee.com and then order it.

HibyPrime
08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
but they are an unofficial site, so I would assume they get their info from magazines and TV..

I'm going to laugh if they dont find out for like a week after the album is released.. and everyone gets all pissy because they missed a week.

its going to happen, you just watch

brad
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
but they are an unofficial site, so I would assume they get their info from magazines and TV..

I'm going to laugh if they dont find out for like a week after the album is released.. and everyone gets all pissy because they missed a week.

its going to happen, you just watch

trust me .. we will know. I don't think you understand how long some people have been waiting.

besides .. i am sure her website will be online before the album ever comes out. GD .. i get all excited just thinking about it.

HibyPrime
08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
ah you guys and your optimistic outlook..

dont use a negative outlook, just use the outlook of a crazy man - the album release is going to be like the time when the asteroid passed very close to earth, and we didnt know about it until the day after it happened.

the website will be delayed for technical reasons, and the operators of nidalizee.com and other sites of the like will be on vacation for a week.

:D

DJ_Greg
08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Hiby, we'll know. She has a huge following on the Internet - here and in France, that we won't find out after the fact.

That's why I'm skeptical about the release of this album. Considering that there is NO official release date, I don't expect to see it in November...or in 2006, at all. Not trying to be a pessimist, but that's just how these things usually work. Record companies and distributors know well in advance when a CD will be released. It's definitely not a good sign that no official release date has been posted.

HibyPrime
08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Hiby, we'll know. She has a huge following on the Internet - here and in France, that we won't find out after the fact.

That's why I'm skeptical about the release of this album. Considering that there is NO official release date, I don't expect to see it in November...or in 2006, at all. Not trying to be a pessimist, but that's just how these things usually work. Record companies and distributors know well in advance when a CD will be released. It's definitely not a good sign that no official release date has been posted.

what if it was already released, but the album sucked so much that the record companies didn't bother putting in any money for an advertising campaign?

What happens if they think that the album will be released early 2007, but it ends up being finished ahead of schedule? (this does happen, its just very, very, very rare)

I'm sorry, I'm just bored with nothing to do

carapus
08-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Alizée will report for us herself :D

bt_bird_90
08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
If we're already living off of 3 year old videos, how much harm can a few weeks delay do?

HibyPrime
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
If we're already living off of 3 year old videos, how much harm can a few weeks delay do?

aww but you miss the point..

thousands - probably millions - of people worldwide are anticipating her album.. only those with direct access to french magazines and television would know when it is released, leaving the rest of the world dumbfounded when they find out a week later.

Like I said I was just bored with nothing to do, so I came up with a crazy scenario

RadioactiveMan
08-29-2006, 03:55 PM
We'll find out on the internet when the release date immediately after they find out in France. I don't think that we'll have a problem except that it'll take us longer to get the CDs than it will for people in Europe.

aFrenchie
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
We'll find out on websites like nidalizee.com and then order it.
Speaking of nidalizee.com, read yesterdays news here: http://www.nidalizee.com/new_version/accueil.htm

French:
EXCLUSIVITE ! : 28 août 2006
Une écoute de l'album est prévue fin septembre avec la maison de disques, les radios et autres professionnels. Alizée travaille dur pour sortir l'album avant la fin de l'année. Le grand retour ne sera donc apparemment pas encore pour septembre...

Alizée a assisté hier en compagnie de Jeremy Châtelain au premier concert de Madonna à Paris Bercy pour le Confessions Tour.

English:
SCOOP! August 28,2006
A listening of the album is scheduled on end September with the record company, radio stations and other professionals. Alizée is working hard to release the album before the end of this year. So her 'big return' won't happen in September apparently.

Alizée and Jeremy Châtelain were at the first concert of Madonna in Paris Bercy for the Confessions Tour.

Bob
08-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Speaking of nidalizee.com, read yesterdays news here: http://www.nidalizee.com/new_version/accueil.htm

French:
EXCLUSIVITE ! : 28 août 2006
Une écoute de l'album est prévue fin septembre avec la maison de disques, les radios et autres professionnels. Alizée travaille dur pour sortir l'album avant la fin de l'année. Le grand retour ne sera donc apparemment pas encore pour septembre...

Alizée a assisté hier en compagnie de Jeremy Châtelain au premier concert de Madonna à Paris Bercy pour le Confessions Tour.

English:
SCOOP! August 28,2006
A listening of the album is scheduled on end September with the record company, radio stations and other professionals. Alizée is working hard to release the album before the end of this year. So her 'big return' won't happen in September apparently.

Alizée and Jeremy Châtelain were at the first concert of Madonna in Paris Bercy for the Confessions Tour.

=) this just made my day... good work alizée! keep up the good work =)

DJ_Greg
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
SCOOP! August 28,2006

This is actually what I was expecting, unfortunately. We won't see a new album until at least 2007. That's my prediction.

But the rest is actually good news. If a listening party (aFrenchie, that's usually what they're called in the U.S.) has been scheduled for tracks from the album, then we have official confirmation that an album is in the works. Prior to that, all we had was the handwritten note, which no one can confirm is not a forgery.

As an aside: My opinion on these "industry" listening parties isn't a good one, though. Seems like when mainstream radio DJs and record co. execs get together, they always pick the WORST songs as potential singles. At least that's how it seems to happen in the U.S. I don't know about the music industry in France. Crossing my fingers, though...

acer
08-29-2006, 09:09 PM
you rock frenchie, thx!

aditya8617
08-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanx aFrenchie. And even I think her new album will come in 2007, and I am totally patient about it.

C-4
08-30-2006, 07:21 AM
aFrenchie,
What would we do without you?! Thank you.
I hope that the music industry in France is a bit different from the music industry in the USA. Here, it is run by lawyers and accountants that haven't got a clue about music but only see the bottom line. Very little input from the artist is allowed unless you are extremely big, such as Madonna, Garth Brooks, etc.

Maybe in France, they still do things as they are supposed to be done concerning music, and that is to let the artist have input into the creative and commercial aspects of how and which songs will be released.

rcs
08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
So meanwhile, if we want to see Alizee, we need to go to Madonna concerts in France. LOL Apparently, she is still a fan of Madonna. Maybe she is observing or getting mentally prepared for these big performances. She will undoubtedly be drawing in a big crowd still.

Merci Frenchie. You are our French connection. I was getting ready to post for HibyPrime (since he's bored) to go to a good bookstore like Border's or Barnes & Noble (your town may vary). There should be international newspapers and magazine sections. I've done this before in hopes of spotting Alizee pictures. I can't read French, but I was so desperate for anything Alizee. That might take up your time, but it's worth a look if you're bored. Good Luck. :)