PDA

View Full Version : Good French Movies?

BluKrim
01-15-2008, 11:54 PM
What are some good French movies, I really started to get into French after I started liking Alizee so much. Ok well yesterday I watched Amelie, great movie unfortunately I didn't find it here Instead I watched it on another site but it was the same file so =] if jess you uploaded it THANKS if not still thanks =P. anyway what are some good French movies or good sites to watch them or find them etc. thanks.

Oh it was you jess wow thanks for uploading I love that movie now its great

Ali
01-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Have you tried, A Very Long Engagement? It's directed by the same director who directed Amelie. It also has Audrey Tautou in it.

fsquared
01-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Speaking of good movies with Audrey Tautou in them, L'Auberge Espagnole was quite good (though IIRC it's partially in French, partially in Spanish, and partially in Catalan, as opposed to being entirely in French).

The Swede
01-16-2008, 02:18 AM
What do you think about the the Taxi-triology when?
They are more action and comic related.....very funny in my opinion

Jess
01-16-2008, 03:00 AM
You know I have over 200 foreign movies in my computer already, and have been thinking of creating a website for this. But I think I should look at the legal aspect of this before I start, anyone know anything about how this works ? Also anyone know an alternative way to upload HQ videos for streaming ? :confused: I know online rentals are starting to do it already, and also there's a website for exchanging DVD's for the cost of shipping only. So how cool would it be to watch or exchange DVD's online for no charge. ;)

Reuben
01-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Speaking of good movies with Audrey Tautou in them, L'Auberge Espagnole was quite good (though IIRC it's partially in French, partially in Spanish, and partially in Catalan, as opposed to being entirely in French).

oh thats a good movie i could never remmeber the name of it thanks

ajaccio corsica
01-16-2008, 03:58 AM
hi
the second part of "l'auberge espagnole" is called "les poupées russes"
don't go watch this movie if you don't like romain duris though, he runs nude in the streets of paris at night
positive thing is that he rides a scooter like mine, same model same colour, black vespa PX
cheers

chazkimies
01-16-2008, 05:54 AM
watch Priceless. starring audrey tautou.

dreamer
01-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Léon - The Professional (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/)

The young Natalie Portman almost looks like Alizée in her Gourmandises days in this. It's a very cool movie about a hitman who takes a young girl under his wing after her family has been murdered.

espire
01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Jess, there's no legal way to share copyright videos with others if they haven't paid a license for it ;)

Anybody who wants to start watching French movies should, as many have already said, start with Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (The Fabulous Life of Amélie Poulain). After that is another movie with Jean-Pierre directing and Audrey Tatou starring is, as has been said, Un Long Dimanche de Fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement).

Another great French movie is Les Choristes (The Chorus). It's about a failed music teacher who becomes a prefect at a school for troubled children, and makes a chorus of the children.

I really enjoyed Train de Vie (Train of Life), a story of the Jews in a small village in Eastern Europe during the Holocaust, who try to escape the Nazis by train, pretending to be headed to a concentration camp. The movie is of course sad, but it is also a great comedy, proving that you can find humour in anything.

ajaccio corsica
01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
hi
there are also pretty good thrillers like "le serpent" or "ne le dis à personne", dunno if they're available there though
I don't like dubbed movies of course, I know some ppl can't stand subtitles too, fact is the translation is very simplified to fit the screen
I know most of you know some french so it's easier for you to watch movies in their original language and, if possible, forget subs
there are some movies in corsican language too, just like liberata, the action takes place during WWII in northern corsica
http://i32.servimg.com/u/f32/09/01/90/81/libera10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=439&u=10019081)
trailer
http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=18600196&cpersonne=143556&hd=1.html
cheers

daniel1985
01-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Jean de florette & it's sequel: Manon des sources

Classic french films. You must see them.

Remember the stella artois adverts anyone? :p

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Amelie!!! :)

Paulina
01-16-2008, 07:10 PM
I liked OSS 117 :P

BluKrim
01-16-2008, 07:52 PM
ooh loads of good movies to watch =p thanks guys hope this also helps anyone else who wants to see some french movies. Jess, I there is no real good way to make a streaming site with no legal issues but I do have an Idea on how what u can do if you want to share these movies with people without any legal issues. PM me if you want to know etc

Jess
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Jess, there's no legal way to share copyright videos with others if they haven't paid a license for it ;)

I pretty much knew the answer already, but somehow felt like asking anyway. Anyways, thanks to BluKrim there might be a way to share DVD files just yet. Since we don't want to cause any harm to this site, because we love it so much, anyone interested send me a pm and I will provide them a link. I will start uploading Amelie, and will accept requests for any other movie (Foreign)... :)

Mind you the files are 5 to 7 Gb and some are even more, you will need a fast internet connection... ;)