PDA

View Full Version : Going away on the adventure of a lifetime...

Ben
08-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I'm leaving tomorrow on a several months long European vacation (including time studying French in Paris), so I won't be around here very much for awhile. I posted more details about my trip here:

http://www.alizee-forum.com/topic,15109,.html

So long, keep this great site and forum going, and expect me when you see me!

Spartan500
08-30-2006, 12:00 AM
have a good trip and have fun on your eurotrip and thanks for those DVDs man

Urb4n
08-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Nice man, I envy you. Have alot of fun dude. We'll see ya around. Tell us what(who ;)) you saw.

DJ_Greg
08-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I'm leaving tomorrow on a several months long European vacation (including time studying French in Paris), so I won't be around here very much for awhile. I posted more details about my trip here:

So long, keep this great site and forum going, and expect me when you see me!

Have a great trip, man!

RadioactiveMan
08-30-2006, 02:50 AM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/yar.gif

Moe
08-30-2006, 06:24 AM
enjoy man, and stay in touch

C-4
08-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Snatcher42,
Have a great trip and be safe. Take pictures that you can download upon your return.
If you do meet Alizée or any of her group, please let them know how much we all love her and the work she does.
Stephen

brad
08-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you have a great time ahead of you .. I am definitly taking one of these trips one day. Have fun Snatcher!!!

rcs
08-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Snatcher 42,

Please update us about Alizee. I'd like to know her concert schedule after the new material comes out. I know it will most likely be a European tour, and I'm willing to travel that far to see her in person. Good luck spotting her. Keep us posted.:)

iolaus_uk
09-12-2006, 06:30 AM
guys have you seen snatchers 42 video of corsica ,what a great place,looks like he's having fun.
if you have not check it out,just click the link he gave us and his updated messages are there together with his video of corsica

NANAKI
09-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Have a great trip I plan to go to France next summer well that is the plan

aditya8617
09-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Have a great trip Snatcher, and learn French well, you can be another translator then:D .

NANAKI
09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Have a great trip Snatcher, and learn French well, you can be another translator then:D .

I am currently taking French myself in school. Also I went and rented French for dummies. :D

riva2model64
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM
enjoy your trip Snatcher42!!
we want photos and updates
but most of all have fun

riva2model64
09-12-2006, 05:35 PM
great Corsica vid thanks Snatcher!!

Mon Maquis rocks, nice inclusion

ps. I'm posting here cause my alizee-forum.com account seems to be not working

Rocket
09-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I'll be in Paris in 2009 Woo Hoo!

Ben
09-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys. Checking in from Ajaccio. As riva2model64 mentioned (contact an admin about your account problem, btw!), I've posted some updates on alizee-forum.com and mf-international.com, so visit there if you wanna check em out. What's new around this place? Sorry, but I haven't had time to visit until now! :)

RadioactiveMan
09-13-2006, 10:49 AM
I'll read the updates in school during my web design class since I don't have time now.

I don't think that anything exciting happened here besides a new video (MTV Italy interview).

newalizeefan
09-13-2006, 04:16 PM
have fun on your trip. i plan on going to paris/france in the near future.
but anyway have fun and hope you come across alizee in paris somewhere hehe =)

mibir
09-13-2006, 10:42 PM
You are very lucky my friend. I'm planning to do a trip almost identical to the one you're on, at least as far as the places go, once I finish school.

brad
09-14-2006, 02:27 PM
i just got done watching your video snatcher .. that was great! i really want to go to Corsica more than ever now. It would be really neat visiting some of the same places that Alizee has grown up with.

Ben
09-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Hello again guys. Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been running around France and Italy, often without net access. But now I've settled down in Paris where I'll be for awhile studying French. I've got a little flat in the heart of the left bank (around St-Germain), so my door is open to anyone who needs a place to crash in Paris. Again, I've posted a few more updates and details on alizee-forum.com if your interested. :)

Moe
09-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Hello again guys. Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been running around France and Italy, often without net access. But now I've settled down in Paris where I'll be for awhile studying French. I've got a little flat in the heart of the left bank (around St-Germain), so my door is open to anyone who needs a place to crash in Paris. Again, I've posted a few more updates and details on alizee-forum.com if your interested. :)

Nice seeing you again Snatcher42, wish you all the best dude...

tell me how that french studying goes cuz i'm thinking of doing the same...later on:D

DJ_Greg
09-30-2006, 07:55 PM

Good to hear from ya, man!

Spartan500
09-30-2006, 08:32 PM
glad to see your trip is turning out so great snatcher

NANAKI
10-01-2006, 01:11 AM
I'll be in Paris in 2009 Woo Hoo!

I'll probably be going in either 2010 or 2011 depending on if I know enegough French for the school study a broad program :D :D

bt_bird_90
10-01-2006, 01:40 AM
I'll probably be going in either 2010 or 2011 depending on if I know enegough French for the school study a broad program :D :D

I like to study broads too :p

RMJ
10-01-2006, 02:35 AM
I already welcomed you back so I won't do again. :P

Nice seeing you again Snatch, wish you all the best dude...
Don't call him Snatch. He doesn't like it.

brad
10-01-2006, 02:44 AM
thanks for checking in snatcher!

i didnt realize you were staying in such an awesome location in Paris .. don't worry about your flat being a little dirty (or very dirty) .. it wouldn't be a post-college adventure if you're not staying in a hell hole .. lol :)

have a great time for all of us, and if you see Alizee be sure to let her know that she has a lot of fans here in the USA thinking about her :)

rcs
10-01-2006, 03:08 AM
And another thing Snatcher...I know it's illegal for taking pics of celebs in France, but if you can swing it somehow, talk Lili into a pic for her American fans, puuulllleeeeez!!! :D

RMJ
10-01-2006, 03:22 AM
And another thing Snatcher...I know it's illegal for taking pics of celebs in France, but if you can swing it somehow, talk Lili into a pic for her American fans, puuulllleeeeez!!! :D
Since when it has been illegal ?

Ben
10-01-2006, 09:11 AM
i didnt realize you were staying in such an awesome location in Paris
I didn't know either until recently. It's actually less than one block away from one of Lili's favorite restaurants (according to a 2002 Gala interview) too. I wonder if the still like to go there now, four years later...

Twitch
10-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Since when it has been illegal ?
French law puts the rights of the individual before that of society, and under those laws you have the right to control your image. It sarted with a right to privacy but has turned into a right to money by lawyers who are suing photographers and winning cases. Currently because of the lighting technicians copyright of the new ligths on the Eiffel tower it is illegal to publish images of it at night without paying for the use of it, last I heard several cases where in the French courts waiting judgement. But I don't know if is completely illegal in France yet, you just run a high risk of being sued if it gets published and you have no model release. It is illegal in Quebec however, which bases its laws on the French model unlike the rest of Canada, to photograph anybody in public without their written permission and has caused all kinds of problems for photojournalists working in the province.

But back to topic, I'm new here but congrats on the trip Snatcher sounds like its you've been having a great time. Makes me jealous I couldn't get all the money I needed to spend a semester at the Academie des Beaux-Arts through a university exchange program.

RMJ
10-01-2006, 02:21 PM
French law puts the rights of the individual before that of society, and under those laws you have the right to control your image. It sarted with a right to privacy but has turned into a right to money by lawyers who are suing photographers and winning cases. Currently because of the lighting technicians copyright of the new ligths on the Eiffel tower it is illegal to publish images of it at night without paying for the use of it, last I heard several cases where in the French courts waiting judgement. But I don't know if is completely illegal in France yet, you just run a high risk of being sued if it gets published and you have no model release. It is illegal in Quebec however, which bases its laws on the French model unlike the rest of Canada, to photograph anybody in public without their written permission and has caused all kinds of problems for photojournalists working in the province.
As far as I know these laws are just for publishing the photos. There is no law that makes taking photos illegal. It would be totally ridiculous law. And that publishing rule quite likely kicks in only if the photos are taken of celebrities outside public events, showing their personal life (that's what quick googling says).

And in any case, these are just to prevent paparazzis to intrude celebrities lifes. They hunt them for money.

There's not much of a problem is some random person takes photos because (s)he feels like to remember the situation in future. Of course, as long as the photo is not disgracing (when laws of personal privacy kicks in). And even showing that photo to friends should not be considered as a problem.

Matrix
10-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Your image is for anyone to look at, to photograph or videotape. If you are outside your home then you are subject to the world domain of photography and anyone who wields a camera.

Illegal to take a picture of a celebrity in France.. thats a joke. You talking about something else entirely.. like publishing rights

Twitch
10-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Your image is for anyone to look at, to photograph or videotape. If you are outside your home then you are subject to the world domain of photography and anyone who wields a camera
You go try that in Quebec, if you publish or broadcast anything without the persons permission or knowledge, unless you conceal their indentity, you can and will probably be sued. If they know you are filming and walk inside the the frame thats one thing but if they are minding their own business and you take a photograph you can't publish it unless you get their permission or they can sue you, and will probably win because of that stupid law they have their now. And photographer's from Quebec are warning those in France to make sure that the same law isn't created over there because their laws are very similar. Here if you don't believe me. http://www.montrealmirror.com/2005/080405/news1.html
EDIT And yes I've seen the documentary film all about this.

But shouldn't we move this discussion outside of Snatcher's thread?

rcs
10-02-2006, 08:20 AM
At any rate, if I'm wrong, please do your best to remember to always have a camera on you for that once-in-a-lifetime chance you get to take a pic with her. I know, it sounds impossible to always have a camera on you 24-7. That's probably why we don't have a good daylight photo of a UFO or bigfoot yet.

But, it seems Alizee has been very elusive from the media. Not much new photo-wise. I wonder if she's still a high value target for paparazzi, or is she just that good at being undetected? :cool:

Ben
10-02-2006, 09:11 AM
You go try that in Quebec, if you publish or broadcast anything without the persons permission or knowledge, unless you conceal their indentity, you can and will probably be sued.
Right, but the keyword there is publish. It's not illegal to take the pictures. You can snap anything you want for personal use, it's only when you make something public that the law can step in. Also when they do, it's always against the publisher, not the photographer (if they are different, as is usually the case with paparazzi pics in the tabloids). It's a civil law suite too, so often it doesn't stop the tabloids (which are as full of celeb candids here as in the states), because they know they can make more money off the photos through increased magazine sales than they stand to loose in court.

But, it seems Alizee has been very elusive from the media. Not much new photo-wise. I wonder if she's still a high value target for paparazzi, or is she just that good at being undetected? :cool:
I'd guess it's a combination of both: low priority target, and good at keeping to herself. She's known to sue to the tabloids too, so even if some photos are taken, the magazines probably don't think it pays to publish them now. There isn't enough interest at the moment to offset the risk.

riva2model64
10-02-2006, 12:10 PM
snatcher is home? your location says NYC

if so welcome back!!

brad
10-02-2006, 12:26 PM
snatcher is home? your location says NYC

if so welcome back!!

no .. he is in paris right now, and will probably stay there for a year or so...

lucky bastard ... :p

RMJ
10-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Umm, I think he is only planning to stay there till December. But that's helluva long time in Paris too !

Atleast compared to my ~7 days trip at the end of November... :)

brad
10-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Umm, I think he is only planning to stay there till December. But that's helluva long time in Paris too !

Atleast compared to my ~7 days trip at the end of November... :)

oh .. lol.

i have no idea where i got a year from then ..

newalizeefan
10-02-2006, 02:31 PM
no .. he is in paris right now, and will probably stay there for a year or so...

lucky bastard ... :p

very lucky.
one day i shall visit there.

aditya8617
10-02-2006, 04:15 PM
If he is staying till December and if Alizee releases her album before the end of this year, he might get to see her as she will be very active in the media. But even in the current situation, lucky bastard! Don't know what we will call him if he does see her.

Ben
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, no no, not a year. Until December like RMJ said. I bet Alizée will return right after I leave!

And oh yeah, sorry about the NYC in the profile, I just never changed that. Will do so now...

Makes me jealous I couldn't get all the money I needed to spend a semester at the Academie des Beaux-Arts through a university exchange program.
Oh, sorry to hear that. If you can't do a semester, can you try for a few months like I'm doing? The view from my apartment looks out on the dome of Beaux-Arts. I've walked around there and it seems really nice. You shouldn't give up on trying to go if that's what you want!

Twitch
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh, sorry to hear that. If you can't do a semester, can you try for a few months like I'm doing? The view from my apartment looks out on the dome of Beaux-Arts. I've walked around there and it seems really nice. You shouldn't give up on trying to go if that's what you want!
I haven't totally given up, it's just that I finished my BFA before I got to go, but now that I'm done university, and tuition expenses are over with, I plan on going to Paris in the next couple of years. I figure what better place to polish up my French than in Paris, not to mention being able to see a lot of the artwork I had to study in person. For now I'm just keeping an eye on apartment rentals and job offers, although getting a job is a long shot being Canadian and not having French working papers.

Ben
10-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Let me point you in the direction of my French school here for one: http://www.latelier9.com/. They're not too expensive, and will hook you up with a cheap apartment and most other things you need like that.

Twitch
10-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Thanks, hope they have advanced classes, been lucky enough to go through NB's French Immersion program in which you take French from grade one so it is mostly just brushing up on real world French, the slang and expressions I don't know. And learning how to write it again with proper spelling and grammar. Not to mention trading my Canadian accent for a Parisian one...
EDIT: Can always take the Spanish classes, which was the next language I was thinking about learning, that or Italian haven't decided yet.

Ben
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah, the advanced class here is very advanced. I found out about the school from Mark (Backinblack on alizee-forum), who studied here last summer just before getting his masters in the language, and now he teaches it. Of course they also have intermediate and beginner classes (what I'm taking).

Ben
12-11-2006, 04:26 AM
Sorry about reviving an old thread, but oh noes! The adventure is over! I gotta leave in about half an hour to catch a plane home. I'm sooo sad! :(

But I guess it had to end eventually. It was great while it lasted. I'll tell you all more about it later.

aFrenchie
12-11-2006, 07:05 AM
Good things always have an end :(
It was great while it lasted. I'll tell you all more about it later.
Yes tell us more! :)

SupaKrupa
12-11-2006, 07:52 AM
I watched your Corsica video and it looked beau *sigh*... I gotta go get myself a job. I've always wanted to go to europe. Being able to experience a whole new life basically, culture and such... I'd love it so much. Hope you had a blast of a time! And yeh, awaiting more pics and vids :)

P.S. Hows yer français now? :P

Seapaddler
12-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Circumnavigating Corsica in my Kayak, ahhh!

This is awesome.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/353/benatajaccioij3.jpg

How sad it was before the internet.

rwd716
12-11-2006, 10:56 PM
That school looks awesome! Btw, I was reading the testimonials and saw this:

This is where you learn why someone is “babacool” or who is “Le Petit Chaperon Rouge” or the difference between “flic” and “fric” this kind of jargon is rarely taught through a book.

Just curious what that means.

Twitch
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm can I guess? Babacool is a French hippie, or at least someone living that style of life, Le Petit Chaperon Rouge, well that is is Little Red Riding Hood. Flic is a cop, and fric just means cash or money. Do I win anything?

EDIT: If you meant by that comment, well you don't normally learn slang from most language classes now do you? And you won't sound like a native speaker until you do, which is the goal of most of the classes at that school (I checked it out too). :)

aFrenchie
12-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Do I win anything?
My congratulations :p

rcs
12-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Snatcher 42, were you able to meet up with Jessica at all? :)

aFrenchie
12-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Snatcher 42, were you able to meet up with Jessica at all? :)
Jessica lives in Arcachon (near Bordeaux) and Snatcher stayed in Ajaccio and Paris. And even if he visited Arcachon (or Jessica visited Paris or Ajaccio), a meeting would have been very unlikely! :)

RMJ
12-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Jessica lives in Arcachon (near Bordeaux) and Snatcher stayed in Ajaccio and Paris. And even if he visited Arcachon (or Jessica visited Paris or Ajaccio), a meeting would have been very unlikely! :)

More unlikely than meeting 3 Finnish guys in Paris ? :blink:

aFrenchie
12-12-2006, 12:06 PM
More unlikely than meeting 3 Finnish guys in Paris ? :blink:
:)
Btw, who are you on that pic?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7509/1003155br6.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7509/1003155br6.jpg)

brad
12-12-2006, 03:35 PM
i don't know how well everyone keeps up on things over at AF (you should btw) .. but there is a good story snatcher wrote in the news section a couple of days ago:

from here: http://www.alizee-forum.com/ptopic,716111.html#716111

Ok, so Indochine played Bercy the past two nights. I was there tonight. There was no assigned seating, and I arrived pretty late, so I just quickly grabbed a seat in the nosebleed section. As I'm waiting for the show to start, I glance over to my left and see someone standing in the VIP section who looks just like this:

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/1051/closer0510246us4.jpg

Same huge necklace, exact same cloths, similair hair, etc. I think to myself, "hmm, could it be...?" So I pick myself and try to work my way over to somewhere where I can get a better view of the VIP seats. But by the time I get there, the person is gone. I had gotten myself into a better position to see the concert though, so I stayed there. A few seconds before the show started, the woman returned and I got a slightly better quick look. Yup, I was certain, it was Alizée!

So during the entire show my attention was divided between what was going on onstage (it was awesome), and what Lili was doing. She sat pretty quietly the whole time, but I was still pretty shocked. Alizée was right there! Then, a moment of crisis: a few songs before the end of the show I see her get up an leave. I don't know what to do: should I try and follow, or stay for the rest of the gig? The VIP section probably has a seperate exit, so trying to find her might be futile. I stay for the end of the concert.

Luckily and much to my relief, though, she returns to her seat a few moments later. The show ends, the lights come up, and everyone starts to leave. Alizée's still hanging around, so I figure that now's my chance to get even closer to the VIP barriers and try and get her attention somehow. It's not easy because I have to walk against the exodus of people leaving the arena, but eventually I make it there... just a few rows away from her. I'm sure if I call her name she'll be able to hear me. I finally get a real good look at her face AND...

It's not Alizée.

aFrenchie
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
The "it's not Alizée" got me! I was sure it was her on the photo. And it IS her indeed :) (read all the AF thread that Brad provides)

nurvonic
12-12-2006, 05:28 PM
whoa that was harsh

RMJ
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
:)
Btw, who are you on that pic?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7509/1003155br6.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7509/1003155br6.jpg)

I'm the Finnish guy in the photo !

Throw a guess. :p

Well, you'll see soon more photos and it will start become more clear but till then, keep guessing. :p

nurvonic
12-13-2006, 12:46 AM
you're the guy on the right

rwd716
12-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Dude, there's way too much stuff to keep up on, on that forum. Plus, with so much info, I don't think I could handle the stress of being let down by all those rumors. I like this site cause we don't post alot of rumors. It's like we get the filtered version here.

Twitch
12-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Only because people who take the time to browse the other forums are nice enough to take the time and post what they like here. But you do pay a price for the filtered version in that the news is usually a couple days late by the time it shows up here, but by that time you usually have a better idea of how trustworthy it is. Lately I haven't been able to always keep on top of the other forums like I had been doing, but I trust that anything really important will find its way here.

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 01:28 AM
I haven't been here all that long, but I really like what we have going on here. As much as I'm tempted to try to be the ultimate Alizee fan and be registered at all of her fan sites, AF is just monstrous. Like someone else posted in a thread recently (sorry can't remember who off the top of my head):
"Sometimes you want to go where everyone knows your name."

Sir Wood
12-13-2006, 02:16 AM
I also prefer this forum, but once in a while (when I remember) I'll go check AF for any updates even though I'm not a registrant.

The "it's not Alizée" got me! I was sure it was her on the photo. And it IS her indeed :) (read all the AF thread that Brad provides)
Ahhhh, you're all teases. (Dumb me, I went looking throughout AF without clicking on the link Brad provided. LOL. :o ) Like everyone, I too was in shock when in the above post you see "It's not Alizée." I'm sitting here, that pic is her. I've stared at just about every pic of her I've come across and there's no way I'll get dupe by "It's not Alizée." Ya tease! :D She's so beautiful in it. :wub: What's the date of the pic?

Well, you'll see soon more photos and it will start become more clear but till then, keep guessing. :p
I did "ini mini, mini mo" and it came up with you being the one in green. But then I believe you said you went with your bro, so I think your bro is in the middle (youngest looking) and you're the one on the far right. Because those are the two that dressed similar. :)

Ahhh, so I was right! http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=945 Right? :confused:

Ben
12-13-2006, 07:40 AM
:wub: What's the date of the pic?
October 2005:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/ltopic,12191,0,asc,0.html

Right? :confused:
Right? Wrong. Right? Left.

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 07:49 AM
October 2005:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/ltopic,12191,0,asc,0.html

I've said it once, I'll say it again: Jeremy that lucky SOB! :p

Seapaddler
12-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Oh! why did I click that link, everytime I see that stud pierced on her face sends chills down my spine. Why any women least of all Alizée thinks that it adds beauty is beyond my comprehension.

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Let's hope she's lost it by now.

rcs
12-13-2006, 08:37 AM
She's in France. Fashion does change quite a bit. Can't wait for her new look, whatever that may be. :wub:

aFrenchie
12-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Let's hope she's lost it by now.
We've seen her without it ever since...
I'm not sure I know how to recognize a Finnish :D
I'd try the guy on the left because he looks like a marginal :D

rwd716
12-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Only because people who take the time to browse the other forums are nice enough to take the time and post what they like here. But you do pay a price for the filtered version in that the news is usually a couple days late by the time it shows up here, but by that time you usually have a better idea of how trustworthy it is. Lately I haven't been able to always keep on top of the other forums like I had been doing, but I trust that anything really important will find its way here.

Yeah, I really appreciate what they do. I'm just a bit too lazy to weed through all of it. I was reading an account of one of the dudes there going to her concert. OMG, no comment on how great that'd be.

RMJ
12-13-2006, 05:20 PM
I did "ini mini, mini mo" and it came up with you being the one in green. But then I believe you said you went with your bro, so I think your bro is in the middle (youngest looking) and you're the one on the far right. Because those are the two that dressed similar. :)

Ahhh, so I was right! http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=945 Right? :confused:
You are right that the middle one is the youngest one. :p

And no, I never said that I was with my brother. But yea, the youngest one has brother that was with us, and shows in the photo, too. ;)

I'm not sure I know how to recognize a Finnish :D
It would be hard not to find Finn from that photo since they are all Finns. :p

I'd try the guy on the left because he looks like a marginal :D
Marginal ? :blink:

Ok.. fine... lets make it little easier... in this pic, one of the persons is me ! Which one ? Try to guess !

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/moietrobe.jpg

( Snatcher might notice tiny error in the image :blink: )

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 05:23 PM
RMJ, where was the picture taken with Alizee's pink dress?

RMJ
12-13-2006, 05:26 PM
The store is Courrèges, in Paris.

And nope, it's not Alizée's dress. It's Courrèges' dress. :)

lobowolf14
12-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I was going to say. That dress in the background didin't have pockets. And who's Courrèges?

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 05:30 PM
The store is Courrèges, in Paris.

And nope, it's not Alizée's dress. It's Courrèges' dress. :)

Well, it seems pretty obvious where they got the design. Maybe Alizee's was a custom dress made by them.

aFrenchie
12-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Marginal ? :blink:
I meant original, and even a bit of a "babacool" look (French slang explained here lately if you can find it again)
( Snatcher might notice tiny error in the image :blink: )
You'd swear that you're not in the same room, but it might be me :D

rwd716
12-13-2006, 05:35 PM
I was going to say. That dress in the background didin't have pockets. And who's Courrèges?

Look closer, I think I see pockets.

aFrenchie
12-13-2006, 05:36 PM
And who's Courrèges?
http://www.courreges.com/

lobowolf14
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Look closer, I think I see pockets.

Nah.. I don't see pockets. I looked that dress up and down.. ;). I thought I almost saw one but it was just a reflection.

I give up though, I'm not sure what kind of error snatcher would notice other than he's outside.

RMJ
12-13-2006, 05:45 PM
It does have "pockets" (I don't think they are real pockets). The photo doesn't show it very well, but it's exact copy of Alizée's dress (except that Alizée's dress is shortened quite a lot).

Well, it seems pretty obvious where they got the design. Maybe Alizee's was a custom dress made by them.

Courrèges has designed many outfits for Alizée, including this dress (even tho, Snatcher thinks it's really Mylène's design. :) Which it might be since Mylène have had very similar dress before).

Courrèges designed all the clothes seen in concert tour for example. And in fact, if you look close enough, you can see behind me black vinyl outfit that is exactly like Alizée's yellow vinyl outfit from En Concert ! Ok, "exactly" same... since Alizée's outfit was again modified. It had shorter leaves and big holes in arm pits.

You'd swear that you're not in the same room, but it might be me :D
There is glass between me and the dress. Hence the reflections. :)

lobowolf14
12-13-2006, 05:47 PM
I've said it once, I'll say it again: Jeremy that lucky SOB! :p

I just had to comment on this post on the last page. First, those were post on 2005. NExt, I was looking at her pictures, and honestly I'm not a big fan of the chin stud, and I'm not a fan of tatoos either (which she is rumored to have). I find it depressing that she is going Punk! :( I can already tell that there is going to be a HUGE change in her style on the new album. :(

Sorry for being such downer on that one, but I just felt I had to put it here.

RMJ
12-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Here's the only difference between Courrèges' and Alizée's dresses.

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/robes.jpg

aFrenchie
12-13-2006, 05:53 PM
You'd swear that you're not in the same room, but it might be me :DThere is glass between me and the dress. Hence the reflections. :)
I was talking about you and Alizée. Ok, baaad joke :D :D

lobowolf14
12-13-2006, 05:53 PM
haha! But the second one is sexier.. LOL

RMJ
12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
And to those who doesn't see pockets... Another photo from side angle... Showing the front pocket (on the right) and the "thing" (where her microphone's transmitter were attached to during performances) on the back of the dress.

Again, same error in image as mentioned earlier. :blink:

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/pocket.jpg

I was talking about you and Alizée. Ok, baaad joke :D :D
It's for the safety of her !

rwd716
12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
The modification was definately a plus :D

lobowolf14
12-13-2006, 06:00 PM
haha! I see it now.. I didn't have that view.. But after I saved the first photo to computer and zoomed in x-hundred percent I could make one out.
Hey.. 1920x1200 resolution on a 15.4inch LCD... Details are crisp, just not always easy to find. :D

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
I just had to comment on this post on the last page. First, those were post on 2005. NExt, I was looking at her pictures, and honestly I'm not a big fan of the chin stud, and I'm not a fan of tatoos either (which she is rumored to have). I find it depressing that she is going Punk! :( I can already tell that there is going to be a HUGE change in her style on the new album. :(

Sorry for being such downer on that one, but I just felt I had to put it here.

Well, acording to aFrenchie (whom I trust on the matter), the chin stud has dissapeared in the most recent photos (which is nice). If you're refering to the pictures form the birthday party, Alizee is still incredibly beautiful; no worries there for me. I think the long flowing hair gives her a very "glamorous" look.

But what I was really commenting on in the post of mine that you quoted is how lucky Jeremy is to: 1) be married to the incomparable Alizee, and 2) that Alizee went through so much trouble to make him happy on his birthday. To give me an unforgettable birthday, Alizee would need to merely acknoweledge my existance.

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Alizee:
"A girl only has to be in a miniskirt to be treated like a tease." :D
"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." :wub:

Taken from Wikiquote:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alizee

Clearly a girl after my own heart.

lobowolf14
12-13-2006, 06:08 PM
yea, Jeremy is one lucky guy though. No doubt about that.

RMJ
12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey.. 1920x1200 resolution on a 15.4inch LCD... Details are crisp, just not always easy to find. :D
Is it laptop ?

Or where have you managed to find small TFT with high resolution ? Finding even 21" TFT with that resolution has been impossible task to me !

Sir Wood
12-13-2006, 07:44 PM
There's a bunch of RMJ's Paris pics at Moe's "One Alizée" site. ;)

Here's the link (http://www.1alizee.com/home/e107_plugins/autogallery/autogallery.php?show=RMJ%20trip%20to%20Paris%20Nov 2006) to the pics. (Shame on you if you havn't visited One
Alizée.)

Oh well, time to put on some Lili music and study for my final before I get too distracted by the forum.

lobowolf14
12-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Is it laptop ?

Or where have you managed to find small TFT with high resolution ? Finding even 21" TFT with that resolution has been impossible task to me !

Yea, it's a Dell Inspiron 9100. Honestly, in only a select few laptops is where I have been able to find resolutions that high for a screen size less than 24".

RMJ
12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Yea, that's one of the main reason why TFTs are totally useless (the other reasons are their image quality). They offers no room for any work. Or when they does, the screen size is so that pixels are size of tip of the thumb. :blink: (only reasonable solution would be Apple's 30" Cinema Display but it's bit too big and bit too pricey... but it would offer small pixel size with decent resolution )

So... Search for 21" with 1920x1200 continues...

Currently I have 1600x1200 on 19" CRT (18.1" viewable area) and that offers about the right pixel size.

brad
12-13-2006, 10:05 PM
the Dell 24" LCD is the best monitor hands down. it is the perfect size, excellent quality (even for games) .. and it is very reasonably priced for a monitor that size. After I got one at work, I had to buy one at home the next day.

After using one, any other monitor is a major let down. If you call dell, they will knock off 10% - 20% if you ask them to. You can probably get one for under $600 now. Even if that is too expensive for you, it is worth waiting and saving up for IMHO.

i just realized this is totally off topic .. :o

HibyPrime
12-13-2006, 10:31 PM
I want an 30" Apple Cinema Display..

2560 x 1600... mmm...... $2300, not so good...

Now, a FREE ACD!!! me wants!

Back on topic: What day is the big return home?

RMJ
12-13-2006, 10:50 PM
the Dell 24" LCD is the best monitor hands down.
Way too big pixel size. So, no thanks. If I wanna see big pixels I go play with C64. :blink:

After using one, any other monitor is a major let down. If you call dell, they will knock off 10% - 20% if you ask them to. You can probably get one for under $600 now. Even if that is too expensive for you, it is worth waiting and saving up for IMHO.
You can't get it here under 900 euros (which is almost 1200 dollars). And even then, you need to order it from Germany.

But well, like said, I'm not even interested of getting it. I'd rather take two 1600x1200 TFTs (19" preferably, or 20" if 19" can't be found... ).

HibyPrime
12-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Way too big pixel size. So, no thanks. If I wanna see big pixels I go play with C64. :blink:

You can't get it here under 900 euros (which is almost 1200 dollars). And even then, you need to order it from Germany.

But well, like said, I'm not even interested of getting it. I'd rather take two 1600x1200 TFTs (19" preferably, or 20" if 19" can't be found... ).

You look for your monitor, I'll be here on my 1280x1024 19" lcd.. :(

brad
12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
I'd rather take two 1600x1200 TFTs (19" preferably, or 20" if 19" can't be found... ).

I would have agreed with you in the past, a lot has changed in the past 2 years though. I make a lot of very detailed maps and I have used a lot of very expensive monitors doing it .. I really like these (they look better and they are cheaper). If you sit down infront of one I think you would agree.

I didn't realize it was so much more expensive over there though, not worth that kind of money. It sucks you can't just buy it from the US store.

RMJ
12-14-2006, 03:37 AM
I would have agreed with you in the past, a lot has changed in the past 2 years though. I make a lot of very detailed maps and I have used a lot of very expensive monitors doing it .. I really like these (they look better and they are cheaper). If you sit down infront of one I think you would agree.
We have lots of those at university as well as Apple's 23" Cinema Displays (and newer 20" and 24" iMacs with "same" screen built in) and non of them are match of real CRT.

Like said, the first major problem is their low resolution. And second is the huge pixel size. It makes graphics looks like shit. Not to mention their bad dynamics in both, in dark and bright end. They simply cannot show them right. It's real pain in graphics editing.

LCD as a technology is total bullshit and should have never been bring to monitors. It's only good things is that it offers perfect geometry and saves some space on table. And that's it. We really need something much better and fast if we are actually going to let CRTs go...

Twitch
12-14-2006, 04:07 AM
I miss the high quality professional CRT monitors that you could rotate between landscape and protrait mode (as the monitor was rotated it automatically adjusted everything so that it was still right side up) to maximise your work space according to whatever was the format of what you were working on (at university they still had a couple being used by the technicians in the printshop). Not really necessary but still a nice feature, now only available on a few flatpanels and as more of a gimmick than a feature (the monitors are not usually at the level required by someone working in professional graphics). All I know is I don't like buying a monitor unless I can actually view and test it in person, and then I want the one I tested because every monitor has slightly different geometry and colours (your video card also effects this but if the monitor was fine at the store it should be able to be tweaked to be fine at home).

Wow, Snatcher is going to have a lot of Off Topic posts to work through when he gets back home and goes to post about his trip.

CFHollister
12-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Wow, Snatcher is going to have a lot of Off Topic posts to work through when he gets back home and goes to post about his trip.

No kidding. As fun as it's been playing "Find the Finn," discussing French/Alizee fassion, and debating the finer points of the latest computer monitors, in an effort to wrench the train back on its tracks:

Snatcher42, please tell us about your incredible stay in France...

aFrenchie
12-14-2006, 07:21 AM
After the long keyboards debates, here are the monitors digressions :)