PDA

View Full Version : website news

brad
01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
hey everyone,

as you know i haven't been around a lot lately, work and the baby has been killing me. i don't have the time to maintain the server like i should / need to.

so what i am going to do is let my friend justchil (andy) host this site on his server. he is a system admin professionally so we will be in good hands. nothing is going to change, it is still my site, and eventually I plan to get back in the swing of things. moving the site to his server will take the work off of me, and he will be able to maintain the background stuff like it needs to be.

the site may be down for a very limited time somwhere between now and Jan 31 while we move everything over. the only other little change I am going to make is a way to integrate the stage6 videos in here, so mods can post / update the new videos. the quality is great and it will let you guys keep the site updated like it deserves to be.

like i said, nothing is changing. this move is best for the site. i have known Andy for 7 years, and I worked with him for 5 years before taking the job i have now. plus he live just down the road from me, so i can go down there and rough him up if i ever need to :p

just wanted to keep you updated, and i can't wait until i have more time to spend here with you guys!

ps. i may add a few more moderators to help add videos and stuff when the time comes, so if you are familiar with stage6 uploading and etc., post here.

Amigo!
01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Great news Brad, it's good to hear from you again, can't wait to see you around more often. Thanks for all your hard work keeping the site up.

espire
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Brad, for the further future, have you thought about having failsafe videos hosted on your server, just in case (1) The video is removed for whatever reason or (2) The user doesn't have DivX installed and isn't going to install it for a video of the "Aleezi" person that their friend told them to watch? There must be an easy way to do a check for the plugin; Shame on DivX if they haven't implemented such a thing.

I am familiar with Stage6 uploading, though my guess is that Jess will be your first choice for that ;)

Youpidou1
01-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Good to hear from you Brad, thanks so much for the update. Your doing a great job keeping up with all this and thank you.

brad
01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Brad, for the further future, have you thought about having failsafe videos hosted on your server, just in case (1) The video is removed for whatever reason or (2) The user doesn't have DivX installed and isn't going to install it for a video of the "Aleezi" person that their friend told them to watch? There must be an easy way to do a check for the plugin; Shame on DivX if they haven't implemented such a thing.

I am familiar with Stage6 uploading, though my guess is that Jess will be your first choice for that ;)

well i will always have the flash videos on the site that are already on here, i was just trying to think of an easier way to get more videos on here if i don't have time to encode them.

a lot of people have divx now days, not nearly as many as flash .. but a lot.

none of this is set in stone, just some ideas.

marik
01-23-2008, 02:24 AM
yeah same! well thanks for the update Brad and keep the site going :),..

Uméesha
01-23-2008, 02:37 AM
thank you very much for the information brad, but i am sad that you a quitting for a moment!
i think andy will make up this forum to a big extent! i congratulate andy for his promotion :)

justchil
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
:blink:

:wub:

Thanks for your kind words! Most of you will notice little or no change... you won't even know I'm here. I will post up some general contact information so I can be contacted in the case of any problem!

Amigo!
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM

Thanks for your kind words! Most of you will notice little or no change... you won't even know I'm here. I will post up some general contact information so I can be contacted in the case of any problem!

Thanks for all your support Andy ;)

Rocket
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't know if you're EVER here. :p

Edcognito
01-23-2008, 11:57 PM

Believe me when i say a heartfelt - "Thankyou".

And thankyou to Brad! As always, AAm is here because you brought us together!

("one ring to rule them all, one ring to bring them all" . . . . NO! Wrong!...... "my precious"...) :eek:

Ed:cool:

(I hope everyone gets the quote!)

justchil
01-24-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm not! I really don't have time for many forums now days :(

Brad mentioned he has great mods/staff so I don't think there will be any problem!

I may have to visit more often! I'm really impressed with the signatures all of you have. I feel like I'm chatting with Alizee :wub:

Uméesha
01-24-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm not! I really don't have time for many forums now days :(

Brad mentioned he has great mods/staff so I don't think there will be any problem!

I may have to visit more often! I'm really impressed with the signatures all of you have. I feel like I'm chatting with Alizee :wub:

yes, indeed there are few moderators who looks up this forum very conveniently and in think they are very active moderators too!

Luc
01-26-2008, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the update Brad. And to Andy good luck with maintaining the site.

nurvonic
01-26-2008, 07:10 AM
awww hell!! we gotta new man in town!

to be completely honest, im gonna miss brad. :blink:

RadioactiveMan
01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
you won't even know I'm here.

I'll keep you in my heart for all time!

brad
01-26-2008, 10:53 AM
awww hell!! we gotta new man in town!

to be completely honest, im gonna miss brad. :blink:

I'm not going anywhere

lefty12357
01-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I just want to thank Brad and everyone who keeps this site running. I would be lost without it.

Just a reminder to everyone, there's a "Donate" link at the top of the page. I'm sure any amount will be appreciated.

Rev
01-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm not going anywhere

Good! That's what I thought you were saying. A baby is a lot of work. I'm glad you have found a way to take most of the pressure of maintaining this site off you.

Thanks Brad for developing a great site, and thanks justchill for being willing to take over the day-to-day maintenance.

Chommpers
01-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Alright sounds good, take some time for yourself Brad and thanks to you Justchil for taking up maintaining the site for now. :D

rcs
01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Brad, I'm both sad and happy for you. :( :) Hope to see you around every now and then. BTW, donations still go to you right?

MesGourmandises
01-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Aw, thanks for everything brad, and i welcome the new guy!

I'm also familiar with Stage6 uploading, if it means anything :)

espire
01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Andy, if you're up to it, I have a number of suggestions for you that would improve the usability of the forums!

Brad, I'd tell you as well, but I know that you've been busy, and I thought of them recently.

Jess
01-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Hmm, I like the idea about using Stage6 videos... ;) :D

brad
01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Brad, I'm both sad and happy for you. :( :) Hope to see you around every now and then. BTW, donations still go to you right?

yeah, keep in mind guys.. nothing is really changing.

moving the site to another webserver means i do not have to maintain it. it will give me a lot more time to actually hang around. also, not having to maintain alizee-forum, fanpage, and a lot of other sites for riccardo will free up loads of time for me.

i would much rather spend a couple hours a night on here chatting with you guys instead of messing with the server.

i will prolly be around more now, than i was before. :p

brad
01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Andy, if you're up to it, I have a number of suggestions for you that would improve the usability of the forums!

Brad, I'd tell you as well, but I know that you've been busy, and I thought of them recently.

definitely post your suggestions :)

marik
01-26-2008, 10:17 PM
wow! well that is nice to hear from you Brad! :) hope is everything will go okay on here! :)

Youpidou1
01-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I hope everything works out alright. I would hate to see something bad happen.

nurvonic
01-27-2008, 12:20 AM
im still gonna miss you brad