PDA

View Full Version : MTV: Alizée Presenting Favorite Songs

Toc De Mac
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks to FirstSeb.
<div><object width="420" height="331"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x470sk"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x470sk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="331" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x470sk_acces-direct-a-alizee_news">Accès direct à Alizée</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Firstseb">Firstseb</a></i></div>

Ah, that accent... :p

Youpidou1
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh my when was this and what language? I understand all the English songs but which MTV?

-MihaiL-
01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you so much!!! I just watched it twice already. :wub:

Paulina
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
So cute how she pronounces Gorillaz! :p

-MihaiL-
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Youpidou1, It's the MTV-France most certainly. ;)

Yaceman
01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
HAHA i love it when she says the title of the last one, she pauses its so cute.

Youpidou1
01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Youpidou1, It's the MTV-France most certainly. ;)

Well in that case. She has awesome pronunciation.

Fusoya
01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Interesting to hear what she likes.
I like a few of the, but sadly most of them arent my style :)

Megalizée fan
01-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice little vid, Her pronunciation of English is so damn cute. She has such a cute smirk on her face when she is saying the song titles in English, just beautiful. :)

Tical 808
01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Drop it like its hot, didn't expect her to say that one haha

Youpidou1
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Gwen Stefani, her myspace top friend list. I knew she would say that one first.

SilentFox
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey thats pretty cool..thxs there man! :)

Youpidou1
01-28-2008, 07:39 PM
She must take a big liking into English songs if those are all her favorite songs.

Just a Guest
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Gwen Stefani, her myspace top friend list.

Well, not anymore. She hasn't logged in for a week and her friendslist looks
pretty much fu#@ked up.

Toc De Mac
01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Drop it like its hot, didn't expect her to say that one haha

Except it's, "Drop it... like it's... haute."

;)

Youpidou1
01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Now she should tell the English MTV about this and I think many people will be flattered to hear from such an exquisit women (Alizée) right?

nurvonic
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
nice!

never knew she liked the snoop d-o-double g

"dro peet, like eets...ot" :wub:

Fish
01-28-2008, 09:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/Daft_Punk.jpg
Arder, Better, Faster, Stronger

seriously though imagine how awesome it would be if Daft Punk remixed her songs

espire
01-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Yay... Feist!

Reuben
01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
loved drop it like its hot i wish i could see her do that

brad
01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
loved drop it like its hot i wish i could see her do that

haha .. i loved how she said 'drop it like its hot'

and i like the feist song too.

Moi-aimes-Alizée
01-29-2008, 01:49 AM
It's nice wow but she seems to like all kind of music rather than having 1 favourite lol :P

Rev
01-29-2008, 01:53 AM
I hve listened to her say Madonna - Vogue about 20 times. VERY cute.

Ma do na - vo ge

Cooney
01-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the clip :-) Her accent is to die for.

Gatchaman
01-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Love her all of her music selections except for Kanye (Can't stand his music).

Fish
01-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Kanye's sampling of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger was awesome. Past Daft Punk, I don't really listen to much of what she does.

(If you all can't tell, I love that she likes Daft Punk)

chazkimies
01-29-2008, 07:04 AM
:eek:oh my, too adorable! her accent, love it:wub:

atra201
01-29-2008, 09:01 AM
just awesome doesn't cut it
merci a lot

Fusoya
01-29-2008, 12:05 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/Daft_Punk.jpg
Arder, Better, Faster, Stronger

seriously though imagine how awesome it would be if Daft Punk remixed her songs

That would be awesome! I love Daft Punk!

Youpidou1
01-29-2008, 01:11 PM
That would be awesome! I love Daft Punk!

Me and all my friends listen to Daft Punk. They are really good.

Tical 808
01-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Never heard of Daft Punk before but seems like everyone likes them. Time to youtube!

-MihaiL-
01-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Too bad she doesn't like Mylene's clip anymore she was mentioning before, or it was probably just a matter of video scenery she liked. Most of her influences scare me in a way. Initially I thought she has some deeper musical taste, meh, I was wrong. :D

Just a Guest
01-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Never heard of Daft Punk before but seems like everyone likes them. Time to youtube!

Yeah, and don't forget to play it LOUD!
Alive 2007 is a killer :D

Tical 808
01-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Wow. The Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger video was sick. All those lights must have had people trippin out haha.

GianGian
01-29-2008, 02:32 PM
really, sexy accent she has.

The Swede
01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Naahh, don't know if it's sexy. But cute is it anyway, very cute:wub:

Is this her actual choices of her own or is it more like a comercial thing?

Ange
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
That video makes me dizzy.

Chommpers
01-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Naahh, don't know if it's sexy. But cute is it anyway, very cute:wub:

Is this her actual choices of her own or is it more like a comercial thing?

I am guessing they are some of her favorites because she has said or at least it has been on her myspace that she likes many of the bands she mentioned. Kind of weird the artist she likes and draws influence from are bands I don't like or don't listen to very much, but I love her music to death.

I also have to agree her accent was very very cute.

Fish
01-29-2008, 11:12 PM
That video makes me dizzy.

Thats a side effect of MTV's existence.

Runner Simon
01-30-2008, 01:50 AM
w00t, I love her look when she talks :P
Anyway, half of the bands I don't listen to and the rest I never heard of. But yeah drop it like it's hot is a good song. Just so damn long ago I listned to it. Hmn, I'm of to youtube.

Ali
01-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Cute video. Funny in the way she says, "Snoop Pharrael, drop it like it's hot". Correct me if I am wrong is this list of songs that she actually listens to or is she doing some countdown or something, because as a hip-hop fan I never would have thought she would like any songs by Snoop Dogg, lol. :p

Cooney
01-30-2008, 03:18 AM
It's a list of songs she likes.

Specifically what she says there is "So, I don't really know the world of hip-hop and rap well, but one of my favorite music videos is Snoop and Pharrell, Drop It Like It's Hot"

Yaceman
01-30-2008, 04:20 AM
I wonder how sick she gets of her old songs. i mean, the amount of time she spent learning, promoting, performing, and then hearing her songs- i would think she'd go a little crazy everytime she heard a song. Plus the thing where people dont like the sound of thier own voice could come into rise.
Does Gwen spend alot of time in Paris?

dreamer
01-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I like it that she likes Björk. And I hope Alizee never gets rid of that accent.:wub:

mal
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
translation!!!

please : )

JCC
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
She looks really uncomfortable doing these intros....:(....her looking down a lot is a sign. Either that or she's reading something on her lap. Sounds cute as hell, but i felt bad for her at the same time.

mal
01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
She looks really uncomfortable doing these intros....:(....her looking down a lot is a sign. Either that or she's reading something on her lap. Sounds cute as hell, but i felt bad for her at the same time.

shes often quite shy. I have some video grabs of her just before she goes to meet her fan on domicile. Nothing on her lap. Went back and looked and they flash to include her lap at the beginning of each answer.

http://chickupload.com/picture/164135/thumb (http://chickupload.com/showpicture/164135/10602/MLO86O81) http://chickupload.com/picture/164136/thumb (http://chickupload.com/showpicture/164136/10602/MLO86O81) http://chickupload.com/picture/164137/thumb (http://chickupload.com/showpicture/164137/10602/MLO86O81)

Vista
01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=291665600&blogID=352747307

http://blog.myspace.com/vista_usa

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/EbearGrosso/AlizesFavoriteMusicJanuary2008.jpg

Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For
Kylie Minogue - Two Hearts
Gorillaz - Dare
Bjork - Bachelorette
Kanye West Feat/Adam Levine - Heard'Em Say
Madonna - Vogue
Robbie Williams - Supreme
Feist - One, Two, Three, Four
Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
Snoop Dogg & Pharrell Williams - Drop It Like It's Hot

After viewing the above videos, I can see similarities to Alizée’s musical style... especially Bjork, Feist, Madonna, and Stefani (bright, varied colors and fantasy elements), but without the vulgarity of some of the artists.

Relatively speaking, Alizée’s musical style is 'squeaky' clean. However, I sense Alizée’s power has not been fully released (somewhat similar to a thoroughbred race horse being held back). The power is there and I look forward to witnessing it once she decides to release it... I expect a supernova. The anticipation is so exciting!

-MihaiL-
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I thought she was reading something too.. lol
Maybe she doesn't listen to music that much now, she is a young mother. And I can't stand the idea she is listening to hip-hop and very strange music like Bjork(yes, just because I don't like Bjork). So in the end she was probaby just linking her new album with those bands to justify her present musical status, an image she created of herself.

ajaccio corsica
01-30-2008, 12:48 PM
hi
she talks about michel gondry and says she would like him to make a videoclip for her, this guy worked for björk mostly
here's a site dedicated to him
http://www.michelgondry.com/
cheers

Jess
01-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks Toc De Mac for bringing us this piece... I love her english pronunciation. :)

bb17
01-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I love how when she says "Harder, better, faster, stronger", her smirk moves from left to right on her face with each word.

Youpidou1
01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
All those artist would be more famous to have the amazing Lili sing the song with them.

rcs
02-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Her accent...simply to die for...:wub:

ajaccio corsica
02-01-2008, 06:20 AM
hi
what accent? :blink::confused:;)
cheers

Amon
02-01-2008, 06:43 PM
This explains why her latest album sounds like anybody and nobody. It is seldom a good idea to try to sound like your idols. Her breakup with Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat reminds me of artists leaving their band to try a career of their own. Some succeed, but most crash land with their face down. Before you guys start shooting I just want to say that I don't want to start a flaming war, I have been an Alizée fan too long for that. Above all I respect Alizée's choices. I just hope she knew what she was doing before the choices were made.

-MihaiL-
02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
This explains why her latest album sounds like anybody and nobody. It is seldom a good idea to try to sound like your idols. Her breakup with Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat reminds me of artists leaving their band to try a career of their own. Some succeed, but most crash land with their face down. Before you guys start shooting I just want to say that I don't want to start a flaming war, I have been an Alizée fan too long for that. Above all I respect Alizée's choices. I just hope she knew what she was doing before the choices were made.

Even is she wasn't sure what she was doing, what did that change? Nothing! Her album is out and it's not brilliant or/and succesful, those are the official facts. We just hope she was confident so that we don't add more spice to the drama(album receiving). But this still doesn't change anything because Alizee fans today are not enough to guarantee success, unfortunately. And she turned off significant amount of old fans because of the music style change. And this turn off is not superficial, her old music was indeed better, it was more inspired, great quality material.
I don't know what she is going to do, but she said she wants one more child in the near future so she isn't very concerned about her career, I think. Her world will deifinitely not end if career finds itself at risk, because if the opposite, she would've stayed with her career instead of marriage and child. I hope too she knew what she was doing right from the start, of 2003 year. Maybe I don't sound like a true fan, but I am not indeed a fan of her today's music. The new style of hers sounds like turn off for me, it's a experimental unbalanced salad which tastes so-so at best, it reminds me of a circus atmosphere. Not for me, sorry.
But I am still a very big fan of her old albums and performaces which are epic and of her charisma when she was singing them. This will never wear out.

RadioactiveMan
02-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Her album is out and it's not brilliant or/and succesful, those are the official facts.
:eek:
The only fact there is that the album is out.

-MihaiL-
02-01-2008, 08:58 PM
:eek:
The only fact there is that the album is out.

Well, I browsed Wiki not long ago, Psychedelices figured there as far from being in top, even in France. I can do some more research if necessary, although we all want her to be succesful, her new album is not a breakthrough. I just said the album isn't popular and it's about true, and is not brilliant in contrast to what she used to deliver, what everyone natively finds himself compare.

bt_bird_90
02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
She seems to of had fun. Success.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-01-2008, 10:01 PM
great video... i continue loving her more and more everyday.

Fish
02-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Daft Punk's third album, Human After All, was without a doubt their worst. They were and are still considered a worldwide success.

This album is far and away better than Human, and just because it isn't a chart-topper does not make it a failure for a number of reasons.

One reason I believe it hasn't flown off the shelves is the lack of a single. Mademoiselle Juliette is a good song, but, if I'm guessing right based on other French artists' sales, it is not a good enough single to move the album.
The album flows incredibly (I'd liken it to a Decemberists album in that respect), but it doesn't have a solid hit of a song, at least not yet. Either way, its far too early to write it off.

rwd716
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Music bizz is always crazy and makes no sense.

Youpidou1
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
She has taken a liking into American Music it seems. Everyday it seems our cultures are taken into consideration by other people from across the world.

-MihaiL-
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM
She has taken a liking into American Music it seems. Everyday it seems our cultures are taken into consideration by other people from across the world.

I hope your not talking just about hip-hop, hot dogs and Mcdonalds, this is not funny. You don't have a real culture like european and asian countries, USA is founded by immigrants not very long ago, your a salad of cultures, if you want. Hot dogs are your national food, haha that ones very funny, and that mcdonalds rubbish, are you businessmen all inside and out? I guess so. It's called throw something comestible in your mouth and get back to work :D

dreamer
02-04-2008, 01:23 PM
That is just complete nonsense. America has and has had lots and lots of great thinkers, novelists, poets, composers, musicians, scientists, engineers etc. In my opinion America's contribution to the world in the 20th century was far more important than anything from Europe or Asia. If you can only think about McDonald's and Hip Hop that just demonstrates that you're ignorant and full of prejudices.:mad:
I'm from Europe by the way.

-MihaiL-
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
That is just complete nonsense. America has and has had lots and lots of great thinkers, novelists, poets, composers, musicians, scientists, engineers etc. In my opinion America's contribution to the world in the 20th century was far more important than anything from Europe or Asia. If you can only think about McDonald's and Hip Hop that just demonstrates that you're ignorant and full of prejudices.:mad:

Yes, there was good contribution(although I don't agree with you on the art and science part(scientists were brought into the country also)), but there's also a lot of bad influence like it is today. The globalization thing is one very powerful already and it's on all levels felt. I doubt you are from europe, sorry.

bb17
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM

I second that!

Just a few American breakthroughs of the last couple hundred years
-Light bulb
-Telephone
-Toilet Paper (!)
-Skyscrapers
-Camera
-Air Conditioner
-Automobile
-Aviation
-Computers
-Britney Spears (I apologize to the world for this one! France has us beat there as you all know!!! :D)

America is indeed a melting pot of various cultures, but the net result is a culture that evolves around technology, music, etc... Of course i love Europe as well, most of my family lives there and I'm mostly German by blood, but if you dont like the US, tough luck!

-MihaiL-
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
I like USA for the good and intetersting stuff like their animated movies, video games, movies etc. But I dislike it for bad stuff like hip-hop and Mcdonalds etc. It is pretty natural. Can we, please, now forget about this debate? You make me feel like I am an enemy. :D

Cooney
02-04-2008, 03:13 PM
No politics threads guys, that's one of the very few hard and fast rules around here.

Move on, nothing to see here...

ajaccio corsica
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
hi
well, american culture is a mix of many other cultures, just gotta hear the music made there like jazz, soul, country and western etc...
actually many euroepan countries are also very mixed, see france or great britain
mostly france, it's actually a mix between northern european cultures and mediterranean ones, that's why the language is so difficult to learn
there is absolutelly nothing common between a "french' from pays basque (southwest) and another one from bretagne or alsace, they don't even speak the same language
basques have their own language, bretons speak a celtic language and alsaciens a sort of old german
I admit corsicans are pretty lucky because they speak the same language even if there are some minor differences between the north of the island and the south
lingua suprana and lingua suttana
everybody admits french invented the first automobile, fardier de cugnot, a steam powered vehicle
first airplane too: avion de clément ader steam powered too
camera? french, nicephore niepce
first computer? blaise pascal, all our modern computers are based on his theories
telephone? well graham bell for sure, but the italian marconi did the greatest job before ;)
cheers

dreamer
02-04-2008, 04:30 PM
@Mihail

But I am from Europe (Germany)! If you don't believe me we can talk german so I can prove it to you.:D
Regarding american contributions to the arts and science: Google is your friend, I'm not doing your homework (but you're wrong, that much I can tell you).:p

@ajaccio

First (real) airplane: Wright flyer (US)
One could also mention german Otto Lilienthal's experiments. I've never heard of a steam powered (are you for real?) french airplane.

Automobile: I think names like Carl Benz, Gottlieb Daimler, Rudolf Diesel and Henry Ford are more important in this context.

Computer: Google Charles Babbage, Alan Turing, Konrad Zuse...

Deepwaters
02-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I hope your not talking just about hip-hop, hot dogs and Mcdonalds, this is not funny. You don't have a real culture like european and asian countries, USA is founded by immigrants not very long ago

A lot of people who have never been here have that misconception, because we generally export popular lowbrow crap. That doesn't mean that's all we produce, though. Just a few items of interest:

Northern California is one of the world's finest wine-growing areas. In global competitions, only French wine competes with California wine (and vice-versa). My absolute favorite winery, Navarro Vineyards, never exports and usually the only way to get it is from the winery itself.

The following uniquely American cuisines are seldom seen outside the country: Cajun, southern barbecue, Texas barbecue, California, Mexamerican, soul food, Pacific Northwest. They range from the hot and spicy (Cajun) to the sweet and saucy (southern barbecue), to the pretentious and trendy (California). And none of them are served at McDonalds.

America has some of the best local microbrewery beers in the world. You won't see these in foreign supermarkets; in fact, outside their local area, you don't even see them in American supermarkets.

In terms of art, obviously the U.S. has a massive impact on popular culture, but it's also the major force in English-language literature today, and in music, there are too many American subcultures to even list them all. These don't play on foreign stations much or on American top-40 stations either, but they're here and they're thriving.

In short, American culture ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous, although our exports are heavy on the latter. As I often say to Americans who voice at least equally ill-informed opinions of other countries, visit the place and spend some time there before you open your mouth. Just a suggestion. And in the case of the U.S., which is huge, don't tell yourself you understand it after a brief visit, either. The West Coast and the Deep South might as well be two different countries. Same with many other regions of the U.S.

-MihaiL-
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
A lot of people who have never been here have that misconception, because we generally export popular lowbrow crap. That doesn't mean that's all we produce, though. Just a few items of interest:

Northern California is one of the world's finest wine-growing areas. In global competitions, only French wine competes with California wine (and vice-versa). My absolute favorite winery, Navarro Vineyards, never exports and usually the only way to get it is from the winery itself.

The following uniquely American cuisines are seldom seen outside the country: Cajun, southern barbecue, Texas barbecue, California, Mexamerican, soul food, Pacific Northwest. They range from the hot and spicy (Cajun) to the sweet and saucy (southern barbecue), to the pretentious and trendy (California). And none of them are served at McDonalds.

America has some of the best local microbrewery beers in the world. You won't see these in foreign supermarkets; in fact, outside their local area, you don't even see them in American supermarkets.

In terms of art, obviously the U.S. has a massive impact on popular culture, but it's also the major force in English-language literature today, and in music, there are too many American subcultures to even list them all. These don't play on foreign stations much or on American top-40 stations either, but they're here and they're thriving.

In short, American culture ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous, although our exports are heavy on the latter. As I often say to Americans who voice at least equally ill-informed opinions of other countries, visit the place and spend some time there before you open your mouth. Just a suggestion. And in the case of the U.S., which is huge, don't tell yourself you understand it after a brief visit, either. The West Coast and the Deep South might as well be two different countries. Same with many other regions of the U.S.

For one I was not talking definitely and generally, that's because I've never been there, true. But I can tell you what's in here from your country- adolescents suffering from inferiority complex talking their crap hip-hop and jumping like monkeys around looking and behaving unappealing and smoking crap, it's all from you- USA, Eminem is the worst and Snoop dog in not far. And now they think this is cool and go on with it, that makes me sick! It was not like that before. Coca-Cola and Mcdonalds is also very very present in here and that food is not tasty imo. Nothing of what you said Deepwaters I can see in here, we have our own viniculture and beer and so on. But I love american animated movies and some comedies(movies). It's what we get anyways, the showbiz. :)

ajaccio corsica
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
hi dreamer
ok, at least you'll feel less ignorant today ;)
here we go, have fun
clément ader, first airplane 1890
http://www.flyingmachines.org/ader.html
first automobile, fardier de cugnot 1769
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Cugnot
everybody admits those were the first vehicles that were powered and able to fly or roll by themselves
first automobile with a 4 stroke fuel engine? delamare deboutteville, 1884
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edouard_Delamare-Deboutteville
I thought you knew this :confused::blink:
are you sure you live in germany? daimler's first car is actually inspirated by the delamare deboutteville, everybody knows this in germany
cheers

dreamer
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll just give you a few links and quotes...

The Wright Flyer (often retrospectively referred to as Flyer I and occasionally Kitty Hawk) was the first powered aircraft designed and built by the Wright brothers. The flight is recognized by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale, the standard setting and record-keeping body for aeronautics and astronautics, as "the first sustained and controlled heavier-than-air powered flight".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Flyer

Although Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot is often credited with building the first self-propelled mechanical vehicle or automobile in about 1769, this claim is disputed by some, who doubt Cugnot's three-wheeler ever ran, while others claim Ferdinand Verbiest, a member of a Jesuit mission in China, built the first steam powered car around 1672.[3][4] In either case François Isaac de Rivaz, a Swiss inventor, designed the first internal combustion engine which was fuelled by a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen and used it to develop the world's first vehicle to run on such an engine. The design was not very successful, as was the case with Samuel Brown, Samuel Morey, and Etienne Lenoir who each produced vehicles powered by clumsy internal combustion engines.[5]

In November 1881 French inventor Gustave Trouvé demonstrated a working three-wheeled automobile. This was at the International Exhibition of Electricity in Paris.[6]

An automobile powered by an Otto gasoline engine was built in Mannheim, Germany by Karl Benz in 1885 and granted a patent in January of the following year under the auspices of his major company, Benz & Cie. which was founded in 1883.

Although several other German engineers (including Gottlieb Daimler, Wilhelm Maybach, and Siegfried Marcus) were working on the problem at about the same time, Karl Benz is generally acknowledged as the inventor of the modern automobile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile

I hope you read these articles because you seem to be a bit misinformed (not uninformed mind you) to say the least.

are you sure you live in germany? daimler car is actually inspira

And yes, I'm from Germany and I don't get your last sentence. "...is actually inspira" - What's that supposed to mean?:confused::confused:

-MihaiL-
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Funny, after seeing ajaccio corsica's post, I thought I might get the computer facts straight and googled it, found a site which was 4th in google that sais the first computer made is actually not made by America. Go figure.. :p
http://www.cs4fn.org/history/colossus.php

ajaccio corsica
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
hi
germans admit daimler's car was a copy of the delamarre deboutteville, read the history of daimler brand, it's probably written somewhere ;)
they're very respectful :)
Am 12. Februar 1884, den Französisch-Edouard Delamare Deboutteville hinterlegt, unter der Nummer 160267, das erste Patent für ein Automobil. huh?
cheers

dreamer
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
The computer wasn't invented by any single person, it was a long process. However, America has led the way in information technology for the past 50 years, you can't deny that (first home computer, Microsoft, Apple, the Internet, Google etc. etc.).

lefty12357
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
I think to get credit for the first airplane required sustained and controlled flight which I don't think Clement Ader accomplished because his designs lacked adequate controls. That's what the Wright Bros. succeeded in doing and patented. One must note the huge contributions to aviation by the Frenchman Louis Blériot who invented the monoplane and I believe was first to fly across the English Channel. Prior to that, the French pioneered the first balloon and dirigible flights and the first balloon to use a propeller for propulsion. The French have a rich history of impressive contributions to aviation.

dreamer
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
@ajaccio

You obviously haven't read the articles. Oh well, if you choose to remain ignorant and cling to some fantasy that's not my problem.:p

ajaccio corsica
02-04-2008, 06:18 PM
hi
it's not my fault if you don't want to admit a french invented the first car ;)
ok, let's continue
Am 9. Oktober 1890, im Park ein Schloss nahe Paris Clément Ader (49 Jahre) liegt über dem Boden an Bord einer Maschine zu Maschine und Propeller.

Styled Éole, diese Maschine in Form von Fledermäusen ermöglicht es dem Erfinder, französisch, ein Anstieg von 50 Meter ... In einigen Dutzend Zentimetern Höhe.

Die Performance scheint, aber es ist das erste Mal, dass ein Mann erfolgreich zu fliegen an Bord einer Maschine schwerer als Luft und nicht um einen Luftballon (Ballon).

Ingenieur für Eisenbahnen des Midi, Clément Ader hat sein Gerät entwickelt, bei denen der Flug der Flughunde (eine Vielzahl von Fledermäusen). Es hat den Namen "Flugzeug". huh?
about planes clément ader: éole 1890... wright brothers: flyer 1903 huh?
about cars delamarre deboutteville: 1884... daimler: 1886 huh?
I should be a teacher sometimes, right ? ;)
cheers

Deepwaters
02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
For one I was not talking definitely and generally, that's because I've never been there, true. But I can tell you what's in here from your country

You don't have to, I already know. :(

But look at it this way: the reason that stuff is what we export is because it's what sells. The companies that do it are doing it to make money, which they do when they offer what the most people want to buy. And that means there must be a lot of people in Europe who want to buy

adolescents suffering from inferiority complex talking their crap hip-hop and jumping like monkeys around looking and behaving unappealing and smoking crap
Right? So who's to blame here?

But I love american animated movies and some comedies(movies). It's what we get anyways, the showbiz. :)Naturally, but the point is everything that gets sent overseas from here is by necessity mass-market. It's not worth it to send something of limited appeal.

Sometimes I wonder if part of the reason we export cultural trash only is because if Europeans actually saw something good, intellectual, and artistic coming out of the U.S. it would cause too much cognitive dissonance. :p I'm reminded of the fact that Roman writers writing in Greek (which was the literary language in those days) would always make sure to include at least one glaring grammatical or rhetorical mistake, in order to better market the work to Greeks who were convinced no Roman could possibly write perfect Greek.

Anyway, if you're ever over this way, remind me and I'll whip you up some seafood jambalaya and smokey mixed veggies, and serve it with a Pyramid pale ale. We'll put on some vintage rock & roll or cutting-edge jazz, and watch some of the movies that never make it to that side of the pond. ;)

-MihaiL-
02-04-2008, 07:05 PM
First portion edited. Reason:
No racism, or anything bordering it, please. - Cooney

Anyway, if you're ever over this way, remind me and I'll whip you up some seafood jambalaya and smokey mixed veggies, and serve it with a Pyramid pale ale. We'll put on some vintage rock & roll or cutting-edge jazz, and watch some of the movies that never make it to that side of the pond. ;)

haha...ok, got it! ;)

lefty12357
02-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Or you can come to Minnesota and I'll serve you some Eelpout and we'll wash it down with some Summit Ale.

As far as the airplane goes, I think this is a simple misunderstanding. Clément Ader may have accomplished exactly what you say, but the test of the time was that the airplane had to be maneuverable in order to be considered a successful invention. The Wright Flyer could be controlled by the pilot to climb and descend, and turn left and right with ease. This made the invention useful. To take off and land with no directional control was an accomplishment, but not a very practical one. The Wright Flyer was the first airplane to be controllable and useful. That was the criteria set forth at the time to define what an “airplane” is. I’m defining “the first airplane” accordingly. If you define it as any powered, heavier-than-air craft that can get off the ground, then you could say Clément Ader’s machine was “the first airplane”.

I’m only interested in accuracy here. I don’t care what nation the inventor was from, as I take no pride in accomplishments that I personally had nothing to do with.

Edcognito
02-05-2008, 02:07 AM
My biggest impression of France came with the Battle of Yorktown!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Yorktown

"On September 28, 1781, Washington and Rochambeau, along with La Fayette’s troops and 3,000 of de Grasse’s men, arrived at Yorktown."

As seen in the above sentence - taken from the wiki article - France has been a BIG help/influence in and on America for over 200 yrs.

Alizée is the just the newest (and I admit, imho, best) influence! :)

Ed:cool:

chrelion
02-06-2008, 04:28 PM
All of these cultural claims to being the first at things! Wonderful, wonderful. But you wouldn't have gotten far without me - I invented air. HA!

P.S. I'll probably regret this post.

dreamer
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I love spaceballs!:D

Youpidou1
02-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I love spaceballs!:D

Yogurt said this..."Spaceballs 2, the search for more money" I haven't seen a sequel yet. I wish for one though.

Renegade
02-18-2008, 08:06 PM
DAFT PUNK BABY
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n105/socialuniform/daft_punk.jpg

mal
02-18-2008, 08:36 PM
hi
it's not my fault if you don't want to admit a french invented the first car ;)
ok, let's continue
huh?
about cars delamarre deboutteville: 1884... daimler: 1886 huh?
I should be a teacher sometimes, right ? ;)
cheers

Ajaccio or someone can you plz translate. thanks.

mal
02-18-2008, 08:41 PM
automobile - cugnoc a frenchmen was credited as first to invent but it is doubted it ran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas-Joseph_Cugnot

Airplane

WAS a steam engine! but was not a french inventor but a greek philospher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane#History

Tchaikovsky
02-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey she likes the Gorillaz? So do i :)

Borgbike
03-18-2008, 12:38 AM
This vid is so great. I would submit that it would be a great addition to Brad's collection on this site.

I like how her personality shines through.

forgot_86
03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't know how many times I have to watch this, her accent is soooo damn precious!!:wub: She should have teach me English when I was in high school, doesnt matter if she's not good, I sure can listen to it all day

johnkim2222003
04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
This is updated version. I don't think it showed here before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSXRWoLLs0

Just a Guest
04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
This is updated version. I don't think it showed here before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSXRWoLLs0

That's from the Mexican trip in March, not the French MTV playlist.
Here is the better MPEG-2 version of it.
48 MB 720x576

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgjjiomdu1t#

wasabi622
05-13-2009, 02:51 PM
oh damnnnn, i adore her accent! can't get over it. :wub:
drop it. like itz. hot.

Gh0sT
05-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Haha, thanks for resurrecting this thread! I hadn't seen this video and it really made my day :) I guess no human being can resist the "drop it like it's hot" bit :D

wasabi622
05-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Haha, thanks for resurrecting this thread! I hadn't seen this video and it really made my day :) I guess no human being can resist the "drop it like it's hot" bit :D

hahaha, that's like my job here. :p
im currently in intense Alizee obsession mode so im on here often digging through old threads.

Hylas1896
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I hate to be negative... Ah, no I don't. ;)

That repeating animation is irritating.

And somehow I think MTV vets artists picks on these sorts of things.

For example, if Alizée wanted to mention a Barry Manilow song, I doubt it would end up on the 'list'. :D

Alizée >>> MTV

Minno
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
lol I like how she says "50 cents"