PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up Challenge

Konata
02-07-2008, 08:26 AM
A new day begins!

When you wake up for either school, or work, how long does it take you to actually stand up and prepare for your day?

For me, I usually can't get up for like 15 minutes after the alarm starts up, sometimes I accidently fall back asleep too. (Even make my day worse if I turn off the alarm clock :()

And for that, I have to set my alarm clock like 30 minutes prior to when I actually have to wake up, lol. Helps a little bit.

Moi-aimes-Alizée
02-07-2008, 09:41 AM
It depends I guess but most likely I set my alarm 20-30 min before I get off to school but then I have to take a 10 min walk with my dog as the first thing I do in the morning :)

SilentFox
02-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I normally set my alarm at like 7am so that i can be at school for 8am....but i turn on the tv to see if buses are canceled, and if not i go back to sleep for like 10 more mins..waking up with about 40 mins to go before the bell

Fusoya
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I use my cellphone with alarm at 06.37 AM and then I got 2 alarm clocks on at 07.00 AM and 07.15 AM :P.
The last days I've woke up like 07.20 or something when I gotta be at school at 08.00.

I dont have much time in the morning. :\

edit: I often fall asleep after the alarms as well, konata.

Youpidou1
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Ok well my alarm clock isn't enough to get myself out of bed. So either I put in my Star Wars Episode III soundtrack and wake up to the intro or I have my mom wake me up. It takes me less than 10 minutes to get ready by brushing my teeth and freshing up.

BlackAdder
02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm one of theose strange people that does not need a lot of sleep. 5-6 hours a night is the best I can do. I'm up at 6 every weekday, and 7 on the weekends. Pathetic, I know....:o

zee
02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm one of those strange people that does not need a lot of sleep. 5-6 hours a night is the best I can do. I'm up at 6 every weekday, and 7 on the weekends. Pathetic, I know....:o
Well, You don't need much sleep as you were in 20's when you get older.
I usually wake up minutes before alarm goes off. I used to be woke up three times by my mom while I was in high school. :)

cocoroa
02-07-2008, 01:14 PM
i usually set the alarm 20 minutes before i have to get up

i try to stay awake but sometimes i fall asleep again and my mom has to yells me to wake up

BlackAdder
02-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Well, You don't need much sleep as you were in 20's when you get older.
I usually wake up minutes before alarm goes off. I used to be woke up three times by my mom while I was in high school. :)

The sad part is, when I was 20 I used to get up about the same time.

Anyone else have the problem where you cannot sleep if the sun is up? I even tried blackout curtains, but somehow my body knows it's time to get up when the sun comes up. :blink:

Fish
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
"wake up?"

does not compute

brad
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
i usually just get up immediatly when the alarm goes off. actually most of the time i wake up about 10 - 15 mins before my alarm is set to go off.

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
02-07-2008, 04:00 PM
im woken up by my dad @ 7am, to start work @ 8:30am, but I always get out of bed between 10 & 20 past 7! It was even earlier for high school, as i had to walk for an hour every morning!
What type of BMW does Alizee have?

Amigo!
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
The alarm goes off, I pick it up, and throw it against the wall. :)

Rocket
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I set my alarm for 5:00AM but the dogs usually wake me up earlier before that to let them out. So, for me, the alarm is more of a back up plan. :p

lefty12357
02-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I set my alarm for 5:00AM too. If I am tired enough, I sometimes will turn my alarm off in my sleep and never remember doing it, so I have a backup alarm clock set for 15 minutes later that is far enough away that I have to get out of bed to turn it off. I don't like being late for anything.

Ricardo
02-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I didn't hear my alarm clock a single time in the last 2 years

nurvonic
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
i set my cellphone for 3:30am. get to work at 4. good times.

i remember the first night in bootcamp, they send you to your racks at 2200 after you've been awake for about 50 hours. then, at 4 in the morning, the lights swith on right in your face, and you have drill instructors running around yelling at everybody to "get out of your racks!" of course, everybody is scared and confused, so you're all stumbing all over the place. double good times.

Rocket
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Sounds like a summer camp I went to when I was a kid. Hey wait a minute. This may explain why all of the counselors wore smokey bear hats. OMG I'M A MARINE!! :eek:

Edcognito
02-07-2008, 08:00 PM

Anyone else have the problem where you cannot sleep if the sun is up? I even tried blackout curtains, but somehow my body knows it's time to get up when the sun comes up. :blink:

Ok - I work shift work, sometimes days, evenings, overlap (part evening/night) and night shift.

When i have to work on consecutive nights, I come home about 7 a.m., change, see my step-son, wife, mom-in-law off to work, do housework for an hour or so, work out for 30 mins, then take a VERY hot shower - followed by a VERY cool shower. I have shades on every window (in our bedroom) and heavy curtains/drapes. I've never had a problem going to sleep. The key is to "turn your body around". Your circadian rhythms are set to put you "down" at night, and wake you during the day.

By working out (and getting sweaty), then taking a hot shower, followed by a cool shower - you lower the body temp, thereby "fooling" the body into believing that its bed time. Keep away from bright lights (part of the "wakey-wakey" cycle) and sleep peacefully.

Sounds like a summer camp I went to when I was a kid. Hey wait a minute. This may explain why all of the counselors wore smokey bear hats. OMG I'M A MARINE!! :eek:

zomg - America's secret weapon - Rocket in Fatigues....... :eek:

My mind just boggled......:blink:

Ed:cool:

If i'm not working shift work - i can sleep anywhere from 5 to 10 hours, depends on whats going on......

shu
02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
i get woken up by my mental alarm clock
(yes just like kramer)

Amigo!
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
This is how I wake up in the morning... Sometimes :blink:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qiGyxPplAw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qiGyxPplAw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Youpidou1
02-07-2008, 09:50 PM
"wake up?"

does not compute

Haha same. Some days I say to myself, "nope not happening."

alswamprat
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM

As soon as the sun peeps through the east window, I wake up. Drove my wife crazy at first. Now we don't have an east window anymore!

Edcognito
02-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Amigo - that was funny as hell man! :)

P.S. - I have that cat........And a Rottweiler, Cairn Terrier, Jack-Russell and a Bassett Hound cross JUST like that! ;)

rcs
02-07-2008, 11:36 PM
During The Work Week...

My watch has 2 alarms set for 5:00 am and 5:01. It's attached to me for the mild waking should I hear them.

Cell phone has 3 alarms, 1st set for 5:02, 2nd for 5:03, and 3rd for 5:04. I gotta reach over 3 times to get a little more blood flow going.

Last alarm is a travel alarm set on top of the shelf away from the bed set for 5:05. At this point, I must actually get up and stretch to shut that annoying thing off!

Weekends...

Waking up and getting up are two different things. I don't recall how I actually get outta bed on Sat.

Fish
02-08-2008, 12:07 AM
If its anything like me, its a slow, half-conscious crawl, and a struggle all the way.

Thirty minutes after you first become aware, of course.

Runner Simon
02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
When alarm rings, I get out of bed. Then quick shower. Then some push ups. After that I'm fully awake!

Youpidou1
02-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Amigo - that was funny as hell man! :)

P.S. - I have that cat........And a Rottweiler, Cairn Terrier, Jack-Russell and a Bassett Hound cross JUST like that! ;)

So how quiet is your house? :D

Konata
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Not once in my lifetime I ever thought about placing an alarm clock somewhere out of my reach, ever.

It's a good idea though, so I'll try that method, haha.

I just have a bad habit of shutting off my alarm clock when it wakes me up the first time, then not remembering if I ever did turn it off, until it's nearly too late to arrive to work on-time.

Edit: Then again, wouldn't I end up jumping back in bed after turning it off...? I need a pet, or something to bite me for a wake up call.

HelixSix
02-09-2008, 03:06 AM
I set my alarm 30 minutes before I have to be up and during that time I go in an out of sleep every few minutes while glancing at the clock. Only if I'm absolutely dead tired will I not be able to wake up during that 30 minutes.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-09-2008, 03:22 AM
My dad is my alarm clock

Yaceman
02-09-2008, 05:59 AM
My dad is my alarm clock

How does he fit on your table??? :confused:

rcs
02-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Not once in my lifetime I ever thought about placing an alarm clock somewhere out of my reach, ever.

It's a good idea though, so I'll try that method, haha.

I just have a bad habit of shutting off my alarm clock when it wakes me up the first time, then not remembering if I ever did turn it off, until it's nearly too late to arrive to work on-time.

Edit: Then again, wouldn't I end up jumping back in bed after turning it off...? I need a pet, or something to bite me for a wake up call.

Leave a trail of alarm clocks heading towards the shower. Spaced a few seconds apart, you'll eventually wake up in the shower!

Edit: Obviously, this method doesn't work well with a hangover. Some of you are capable of sleeping in the tub. :rolleyes: Nicks that idea.

Drake498
02-09-2008, 12:21 PM
lol usually take 30min, but i can rush if i have to, i remember one time back in school, i slept thru my alarm and i had 10 min to get there, i took the quickest shower ive ever taken, got dressed, and drove there barely making b4 the latest bell in about 15 min :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
03-25-2008, 12:33 AM
don't usually need an alarm but i have an alarm clock and an alarm on my phone set but if i go to bed an hour or so before i want to wake up i sometimes turn the clock off in my sleep (i think i do lots of stuff in my sleep i have woken up in completely different place in my house at times and i was very sober) only takes about 5 min to wake up and get ready unless i have to go along way (need to pack the computer)