PDA

View Full Version : Alizee DVD's

Rocket
09-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I would love to own the DVD of Alizee En Conert but all I can seem to find is the CD's. Can anybody help me please?

RadioactiveMan
09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I think that on Amazon.fr it calls the DVD an audio CD or something to that effect. I think that if you're ordering it from a place like Amazon you'll be fine as long as the picture is a picture of the DVD.

Edit: Try this. http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0002VYECW/sr=8-1/qid=1156358916/ref=sr_1_1/403-5471778-9916463?ie=UTF8&s=gateway

Rocket
09-01-2006, 02:16 PM
You had better be right on this Radio. Or else I'm coming over there and give you some serious noogies. Haha Thanks for the tip.

Moe
09-01-2006, 02:29 PM
don't worry i got mine from there...

cane17
09-01-2006, 02:30 PM
don't worry i got mine from there...

Same here,its great.

Bob
09-01-2006, 10:05 PM
yeah it took mine awhile to get here, although 3 weeks sounds about right..

snowowle
09-02-2006, 01:45 AM
I think this link will get you the DVD from the US amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006BLIYA/103-7886718-9162243?n=5174

:)

aFrenchie
09-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I think this link will get you the DVD from the US amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006BLIYA/103-7886718-9162243?n=5174

:)
Yes. Someone's got it from there with no problem. Read here:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/ptopic,686752.html#686752

RMJ
09-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Yes, do not order anything just based on those product images. They are not always reliable. If you are in doubt, contact the seller and ask more information.

But yea, the easiest way to get the DVD is to order from Amazon.fr. As someone said above, it's very easy to use even if you don't know French. The few words you need to translate you can do with online translators.

brad
09-07-2006, 09:23 PM
The "En Concert" DVD from amazon.fr just came in the mail today :D ! I only placed the order late on 9/2, and here it is at my door on the afternoon of 9/7 ! Less than five full days from Europe to the East Coast of the USA. Amazing ... or should I say amazon :) ! That's just a day or two slower than the time it takes amazon.com to ship to me ... and their local warehouse is only one state over to the east !

I wondered why I was paying $14 (USD) for their cheapest shipping, and now I know why. Package came insured, too.

I've got a DVD player that accepts PAL DVDs and the player plays all regions. I haven't played the DVD as yet, but since the output would be going to an NTSC TV, I'd assume there might be some image size and aspect ratio issues. I expect the DVD to play fine on the PC, though, especially if it's region 0 (region free), as the package suggests.

awesome .. if you have never seen it before, you are in for a treat.

DJ_Greg
09-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Brad, I've been watching it from a fuzzy, medium resolution AVI file for about three months now. I've nearly worn the bits down to nubs :rolleyes: . But I'm an audio and videophile - I love to pay (a reasonable amount) for quality, and I expect great things from this DVD.

If you're talking about the Google video, that file is so bad in comparison to the DVD. It wasn't even the image quality that surprised me as much as the sound quality. I think I've said it here before...I thought Alizée sounded kinda bad in the Google rip. Thankfully that's not how she actually sounds on the real DVD!

RMJ
09-08-2006, 10:36 AM
I've got a DVD player that accepts PAL DVDs and the player plays all regions. I haven't played the DVD as yet, but since the output would be going to an NTSC TV, I'd assume there might be some image size and aspect ratio issues. I expect the DVD to play fine on the PC, though, especially if it's region 0 (region free), as the package suggests.
Aspect ratio and image size isn't problem.

But problem is that your TV might not understand the DVD at all. If your TV supports PAL then you got no problem. If the TV does not support PAL, then maybe you DVD player can output NTSC signal (by converting from PAL to NTSC). Most recent players can do that, either automaticly or you need to select it yourself from options.

So, if you DVD player can play it, it's quite certain that you will be able to watch it from TV.

And yeah, it's region free DVD.

ipoh
09-08-2006, 12:17 PM
The friend at work that introduced me to Alizée's music thought he was buying the DVD from amazon.com, based on the picture and the link posted in message #8 above. What he actually got was an authentic audio CD, not the DVD of the concert. When he wrote to Amazon to complain, they took a day or two to investigate. Their explanation was that the image is an "edited" version of the concert DVD cover, used on the site because they didn't have a copy of the "real" item at hand when this version of the CD became available for sale.

Much to Amazon's credit, they offered my friend a refund and instructions on how to get the authentic DVD from amazon.fr. He kept the CD, since he would have ordered it at some point in the future anyway. He's waiting on my experience with the amazon.fr order for the DVD I placed last night, to see how smoothly the order and shipping progress. We'll see how things turn out in a few weeks !

My first post. Have been visited this site for a while.

YMMV, i just bought the DVD from the same amazon.com link while they still have one left. It is the real DVD concert and not the Audio CD. Here was my order on 08/27/06. The cheapest place to get real Alizee DVD. Only $15.99.

Items Ordered Price
1 of: En Concert [Import] [Audio CD]
By: Alizee (Artist)
$15.99

Sold by: Amazon.com
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item(s) Subtotal: $15.99
Shipping & Handling: $2.41
Super Saver Discount: $-2.41
-----
Total Before Tax: $15.99
Gift Certificate Amount: $15.99
-----
Total for this Shipment: $0.00
Total paid by Gift Certificate: $15.99

Link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006BLIYA/103-4715258-5247862?ie=UTF8

This is what i received
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5228/img0007srl2.jpg

brad
09-08-2006, 01:13 PM
My first post. Have been visited this site for a while.

YMMV, i just bought the DVD from the same amazon.com link while they still have one left. It is the real DVD concert and not the Audio CD. Here was my order on 08/27/06. The cheapest place to get real Alizee DVD. Only $15.99.

Thanks for confirming this for us. This is how I bought mine also .. but it has been a while back. And welcome to the website!

ipoh
09-08-2006, 02:47 PM
brad,

Thanks for all the videos. You brought Alizee to my life. What a wonderful girl she is.