PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys want to see more lessons?

garçoncanadien
03-08-2008, 09:40 PM
hi
please tell me, do you want to see more lessons about French grammar? or is this enough to digest for now :D:D

ggin
03-09-2008, 10:23 AM
garçoncanadien,
I have to get caught up because I'm just starting to learn, but please don't stop the lessons. You are very helpful. Thank you.

lilly
03-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Please keep going they are good..:D

Abstract Being
03-09-2008, 02:05 PM
What about prepositions and connectors (conjunctions)?

You know, I find it more useful 3 or 4 examples than a big explanation. So, if you fill a lesson with examples that would be great, because that's really when I associate the word with its meaning.
And if you can add examples where not to use a word that would most amazing thing on Earth.:blink:

Anyway it's your time, I don't want anyone to make such an effort if he later thinks that it was a waste of time. I appreciate what you do, what I said is only a suggestion.;)

lefty12357
03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I have used emersion software which has worked well for me, but I still find that I need to study basic grammar. My reading is improving but my ability to put together a proper sentence on my own is still lacking. The grammar lessons really help. Thanks for all your help, Garçon !

garçoncanadien
03-09-2008, 02:51 PM
What about prepositions and connectors (conjunctions)?

You know, I find it more useful 3 or 4 examples than a big explanation. So, if you fill a lesson with examples that would be great, because that's really when I associate the word with its meaning.
And if you can add examples where not to use a word that would most amazing thing on Earth.:blink:

Anyway it's your time, I don't want anyone to make such an effort if he later thinks that it was a waste of time. I appreciate what you do, what I said is only a suggestion.;)

Abstract Being ya sabemos que el español es vuestra lengua madre, entonces mismo si no lo conoces ahora, ya sabes una grande partida de francés ;)

Abstract Being
03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Abstract Being ya sabemos que el español es vuestra lengua madre, entonces mismo si no lo conoces ahora, ya sabes una grande partida de francés ;)

True. My problem with French is the same lefty12357 just said, I can read, some words I don't know but I can guess their meaning, what I can't do yet is making sentences by myself.
I think the same happened to you when you started learning Spanish.
Note that you can't use "mismo" like you use "même" (is that what you thought while you were writing? :D ), use "incluso" instead of "entonces mismo" on that sentence. ;):cool:

espire
03-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Je veux see beacoup more de franglais, Garçoncanadien. Quand j'eat mon smoked meat et discover qu'il n'ya pas de more lessons en franglais, je peux only exclaim "Tabarnac, j'ai pas de lessons of franglais! Et aussi pas de smoked meat." C'est a problem tres noticeable.

garçoncanadien
03-10-2008, 08:01 AM
True. My problem with French is the same lefty12357 just said, I can read, some words I don't know but I can guess their meaning, what I can't do yet is making sentences by myself.
I think the same happened to you when you started learning Spanish.
Note that you can't use "mismo" like you use "même" (is that what you thought while you were writing? :D ), use "incluso" instead of "entonces mismo" on that sentence. ;):cool:

claro qué sí Abstract Being jajaja gracias hombre xDD

Je veux see beacoup more de franglais, Garçoncanadien. Quand j'eat mon smoked meat et discover qu'il n'ya pas de more lessons en franglais, je peux only exclaim "Tabarnac, j'ai pas de lessons of franglais! Et aussi pas de smoked meat." C'est a problem tres noticeable.

ok j'ai compris hahaha

forgot_86
03-11-2008, 01:55 PM
well, i have problem when it comes to pronunciation of some words, even simple word or numbers sometimes. And you should keep up with this thing man, its relly great. Very helpful for new learners like me in the future.

Merci!

Timusa
01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
hi
please tell me, do you want to see more lessons about french grammar? Or is this enough to digest for now :d:d

Ευχαριστώ! :d

woohoo
01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Need more work on Spanish before i move to French.

outlaw
01-13-2009, 02:06 PM
i like da font

mal
01-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I need list of vocabulary. where can i find lists of vocabulary in french?

wasabi622
08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
so, i hope this is the right thread.. but now that im in taking a french class, i could use some help!!

in my first week.. i've learned the alphabet, counting, and the days of the week.

BUT. i don't know how to pronounce half the stuf!

like, the week, its very similar to spanish.
french: lundi, merdi, mercredi, jeudi, vendredi, samedi, dimanche
spanish: lunes, martes, miercoles, jueves, viernes, sabado, domingo

so i feel as if im pronouncing all my french the way id pronounce it in spanish. (which makes sense, seeing as how i've studied spanish for 4 years!)

TheBarrett
08-29-2009, 04:54 PM
so, i hope this is the right thread.. but now that im in taking a french class, i could use some help!!

in my first week.. i've learned the alphabet, counting, and the days of the week.

so i feel as if im pronouncing all my french the way id pronounce it in spanish. (which makes sense, seeing as how i've studied spanish for 4 years!)

You should check up some of the listed French lessons in this site. There is quite a lot of the useful ones in the threads.

CFHollister
08-29-2009, 06:19 PM

Follow the links in the first post in this thread: Lesson - French Sounds (Pronunciation) - Introduction (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1101)

It's the "table of contents" of sorts to my series of threads all about French pronunciation.

wasabi622
08-29-2009, 10:10 PM
thank you ta ya both. :D

Karlalizee
08-29-2009, 11:15 PM
i know what you mean wasabi622. everyone in my house speaks spanish, so i went to school and spoke english and came home and spoke spanish. i took french all four years in high school. there are many similarities between french and spanish because they both have thier origins in latin.

Fall
08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
i know what you mean wasabi622. everyone in my house speaks spanish, so i went to school and spoke english and came home and spoke spanish. i took french all four years in high school. there are many similarities between french and spanish because they both have thier origins in latin.

argh! i should have been smart and done the same! my family speaks spanish too and and that helps some. ive been taking Fluent Speakers Spanish (pretty much like English class, all grammar) since freshman year. and i obviously cant take French 1 as a senior with the 8th graders and freshmen. i have to settle with AP Spanish :(. But my goal is to be at least a little fluent by this time next year :D

Fyrel
08-30-2009, 04:55 AM

If you could get a hold of Rosetta Stone somehow *cough*, that's very useful for learning pronounciation. I hear it sucks in terms of learning grammar though, but I'm not far enough to notice it yet.

TheBarrett
08-30-2009, 05:03 AM
If you could get a hold of Rosetta Stone somehow *cough*, that's very useful for learning pronounciation. I hear it sucks in terms of learning grammar though, but I'm not far enough to notice it yet.

I use Rosetta Stone for some things, I like it fairly much.
I love some Natural Learning methods though, especially those who take upon Pimsleur theories, they work the best.
In a week I could have learned so much more than I would have from any traditional class. That is no joke.

wasabi622
08-30-2009, 12:01 PM

yeah, i've considered getting that.. but for 1, im already enrolled in a french class here at uiuc, and 2, it's kinda expensive, isn't it?

Roman
08-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah, Rosetta Stone is fun to start with. It doesn't feel like work, well, not much.
I would prefer that at some point they would actually try to teach grammar and so forth, in French like they would to French children. Instead they just tell you how to say stuff and try to get you to figure out what they are talking about. It's a nice idea about learning like a native would, but 1) we are not babies and don't need to start from nothing 2) unlike babies, we don't have 24 hours a day to devote to learning a new language and how to walk, etc. 3) just purely paying attention to what others are saying is not how people learn. Learning also comes from interacting. That's why it is a good supplement to classroom learning (or interaction with French people at least), but not a replacement for it.

If you can devote the time, however, I would recommend going beyond classroom learning and if you are new to the language, something like RS is a good idea. Hey, I could sell you my RS for $100. :) I could still use it, but ...

Amigo!
08-30-2009, 09:59 PM
You have to ask yourself though. Can you justify spending so much money on something you might not use often enough, and probably forget over time? Don't rush into it. Wait until it seems like it could be a necessity. That way you can continue to practice it. You know what they say, use it or lose it. :p

wasabi622
08-30-2009, 11:22 PM
You have to ask yourself though. Can you justify spending so much money on something you might not use often enough, and probably forget over time? Don't rush into it. Wait until it seems like it could be a necessity. That way you can continue to practice it. You know what they say, use it or lose it. :p

yeah, i don't know about rosseta stone, but taking french at school takes care of other credits that i need, so i don't end up wasting money. :D

im just gonna surf around this site for any info that i need.

Roman
08-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Oh yeah. If you want to do it. When I saw Alizée, I was sure I wanted to learn French. I'm still trying over two and a half years later.

Amigo!
08-31-2009, 01:17 AM
Oh yeah. If you want to do it. When I saw Alizée, I was sure I wanted to learn French. I'm still trying over two and a half years later.

No kidding lol. Seeing her in mexico and going to france a couple of times is enough motivation for moi :p

Je souhaite que j'aie plus d'argent. :o