PDA

View Full Version : suggestion

Future Raptor Ace
03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
the chat really needs a sound alert when someone posts or joins the room, that would be great!

Hylas1896
03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
As long as you could turn that feature off. ;)

An automatic 'away' message would also be nice. The illusion that people are 'there' is good, but not after they've been gone for 15 minutes. But I guess we'd have to check what's in store for FlashChat in the future.

forgot_86
03-27-2008, 02:48 AM
the chat really needs a sound alert when someone posts or joins the room, that would be great!

Yes, I think that would make it better. But then again I don't think its that easy since they're all pretty busy rite now

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
As long as you could turn that feature off. ;)

An automatic 'away' message would also be nice. The illusion that people are 'there' is good, but not after they've been gone for 15 minutes. But I guess we'd have to check what's in store for FlashChat in the future.

Mibir used to spend days in the chat room...

Emmanuel
05-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Where's the chatroom?

Emmanuel

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Where's the chatroom?

Emmanuel
top of the page just push the chat button

Emmanuel
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Cool man. I didn't notice it before. When I tried to look for it, I was looking at the wrong place. Thanks!

Emmanuel

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
no problem i help where i can

brad
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
actually that feature is the default i think. i turned it off because it seemed annoying.

maybe when i upgrade the forum to vbulletin 3.7 i will look into that.

Youpidou1
05-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Mibir used to spend days in the chat room...

Haha I remember that. I would always go in the chat and say hi but he never answered.

Future Raptor Ace
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Please staff can we get sound in the chat. Its really annoying when you go to do something else because no one is talking in the chat, and than when you come back you realize they said something of the following "hey; sup how are you; are you here" and than finally it ends "I got to go later" and then you come back and your like dam; I missed them by 1 minute. Happens too much!

brad
07-14-2008, 10:42 PM
we can do that, i think that is the default to be honest. pretty sure i disabled it when i installed the chat software.

Amigo!
07-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey brad, can we get more smilies available on the forum or is it more complicated than it sounds :confused:

yeah I know... :o But it adds character to the forums :p

RadioactiveMan
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
What sort of a forum are we if we don't even have Lili emoticons?

heyamigo
07-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Hey brad, can we get more smilies available on the forum or is it more complicated than it sounds :confused:

yeah I know... :o But it adds character to the forums :p

yes we NEED more smilies, i agree!!!

also i'd like to have more robust poll options (like multiple choice polls, change vote, etc.) that the other forums have....

and one final one which some may not agree with me:

SIG RULES...it sometimes gets out of hand with the sigs here (i have actually turned off sig display sometime last year for this reason). like many good forums, i think it's about time we set some rules regarding sigs; why not use the limit set for sig upload in the UserCP: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

TheBarrett
07-15-2008, 01:45 AM
You can do that with the sigs, just let me keep mine as is. Please. :(

Future Raptor Ace
07-15-2008, 02:25 AM
we can do that, i think that is the default to be honest. pretty sure i disabled it when i installed the chat software.
Thanks brad, and yes the more smileys the more i smile :)

ggin
07-15-2008, 09:27 AM
and one final one which some may not agree with me:

SIG RULES...it sometimes gets out of hand with the sigs here (i have actually turned off sig display sometime last year for this reason). like many good forums, i think it's about time we set some rules regarding sigs; why not use the limit set for sig upload in the UserCP: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

I agree that they sometimes get out of hand. But I love some of the creativity. Some of the sigs are amazing and beautiful and I'd hate to crush the creativity by limiting the size to something that small. The sig Amelie made for me didn't look right at the default size.

I do think that a limit of one sig at a time would be good. And I realize that some of the animated sigs can slow down the site slightly. I like them though.

And a sig doesn't need to take up half a screen either. Just common sense.