PDA

View Full Version : Need translations of French

WyomingGrizFan
03-31-2008, 11:43 PM
Bonjour, I need some translation help immediately with a seller from eBay.fr that had but recently had an item for sell that I've been looking for, it didn't sell and they took it off the weekly notice but I seemed to have contacted him, sent a message in English that is, asking if it was still available and I was willing to pay his price.

I got a message back and I need, I know this is really asking too much here, but, what can I say, a translation of the following:

"Bonjour, j'ai trouré cet objet sur eBay et j'ai pensé qu'il pourrait t'intéresser."

Any help would greatly be appreciated, especially on the above translation and an answer equivalent, on my part, to my expressing a desire to purchase the advertised item for his asking price, at least.

Thanks so very much. This is about my last refuge in order to secure what I've been looking for for a couple years.

[Gad. What a way to do things, but I don't speak or write French, though I took a class about twenty years ago and I would really like to buy this item by a French singer.]

WyomingGrizFan
04-01-2008, 12:34 AM
O.K. No emergency here. Just bought the item I was referring to: Mireille Mathieu, 'Ce soir je t'ai perdu' (1990) CD for 11 euros from another seller from out of Paris on cgi.ebay.fr that had just came up for sale this day!! Thanks anyway for looking in. Would have been interesting to have conducted business in such a way. Best regards.

WyomingGrizFan
04-01-2008, 02:53 AM
I can't believe my rare, rare luck. Of course, I should wait until I have the item in hand, but, really, I've been looking for this CD for what seems like at least a couple years already and it's never, ever been an item advertised by anyone worldwide any better than 'used,' 'near mint,' etc. condition. Right now there's someone over on musicstack.com selling it for $ 289.80 in excellent, still used however, condition.

I am getting this little baby as:

"Le disque est totalement neuf, jamais sorti de la pöchette ni ecoute introuvable dans cette qualite."

...for the humongous price of 11 euros!!! (plus shipping all the way from Paris, France, of course,....... but so what.)

[I just hope it doesn't get lost in the mail!!!]

Even LPs of this are going for VG+/used $ 110.40 to $ 168.00.

I've already paid for it through PayPal and all I have to do now is cross my fingers and be on the receiving end, impatiently awaiting delivery. Actually it went on sale yesterday, 30 March @ 06:19:58 PDT and I bought it 31 March @ 20:20:10 PDT so it's been amazingly on sale for just over a day and a half before I saw it. How that escaped everyone else's notice I'll never know.

garçoncanadien
04-01-2008, 09:45 AM
"Bonjour, j'ai trouré cet objet sur eBay et j'ai pensé qu'il pourrait t'intéresser."

Hello, I found this thing on Ebay and I thought that it could interest you.

"Le disque est totalement neuf, jamais sorti de la pöchette ni ecoute introuvable dans cette qualite."

The disc is completely new, never taken out of its case and you can't find it in this quality.

WyomingGrizFan
04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you so very much, 'garçoncanadien.' That's what I kind of figured but I missed a lot of the wordings in the phrase, initially. More wishful fantasy involved and going on hunches, so to speak.

I guess I just lucked out tremendously that I found the one copy, 'totalement neuf,' while trying to figure out how to respond to a message that I had received from another seller, but his was 'used.' Sorry to have disappointed the guy that sent the message while I chanced upon a better rendition of the same item, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Pure ungawdly lucky!!!

Thanks again for your translations. That second line translated really, really makes me elated, almost ecstatic, almost like bumping into Alizée while out shopping at the nearest grocery store or something.

WyomingGrizFan
05-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Recap: I finally bought a 1990 brand new CD, which I didn't know that I could get in that condition, especially after eighteen years!!!...for less than $ 100.00
This, after looking for at least one copy in a used condition, which is all I ever found (some going as high as $ 289.90 with a less than 50 % fill rating;...gee, thanx) during the past couple years; if ever for sell to begin with.

What helped immensely was http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en

...which helped in writing to a seller over in Paris that had a copy and had just had an expiration on their selling it on ebay.com (missed it by a couple weeks and I was anxious to find out if the seller still had the copy); luckily for me, no one else spotted it and purchased it before I noticed that this particular vendor had it. I got a message in French from them (cuase I had asked in English if they still had it, somehow it went through from the expired ebay.com advertisement that was still accessible through google.com by way of contact seller with a question sort of deal) and I didn't know what to say. I mean really. What can I say, I can just barely write English. So I accidently came across this 'google' feature, mentioned above by its link, that allows me to translate in numerous languages (Spanish, Russian, German, etc.) by just typing in the sentence and asking it to translate; not only that, but it gave me in French what I wanted to say/ask in English. So that's what I did.

I put up a 'Want it now' posting on ebay.com (initially in English which didn't get a nibble for a week). Then I put the 'want it now' posting in French and got a response in less than an hour. Same seller I had gotten a message from in French!!! Sent a couple messages translated into French and received messages in French, translated from above google help, into English, and I had a gay o' time talking with this lady seller over in Paris. Needless to say I'am enjoying the CD now (came in a cardboard box no less for extra protection) which I probably wouldn't have had a chance in hell to get if it wasn't for this google.translate they have. Hope others find it useful as well.

Best regards.