PDA

View Full Version : Alizée on the radio!

Pages : [1] 2

DJ_Greg
09-09-2006, 04:05 PM
UPDATE [12/29/08]: For those that are still interested, Sir Wood was kind enough to compile my Alizée shows into several files (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=110785&postcount=254). Links to files uploaded onto Moe's server no longer work, and have been removed. I decided to preserve the original post (found below, in a quote), so that the posts that follow would make sense to anyone reading this thread in the future.

Brad and Moe were kind enough to offer me some webspace so that I could upload my shows to the Internet. Going with Brad's suggestion, I decided to make a thread dedicated to links where you can download them. For now, I think I'll upload them to the server Moe provided for me, but anything uploaded to Brad's space will appear as a zipped attachment (like all other files people have uploaded here).

For all files, right-click and choose "Save Target As..." (or "Save Link As..."). Left-clicking will probably open the show in your web browser.

Show 56 April 15, 2007

Show 55 March 25, 2007 "J'en ai marre"

Show 54 March 18, 2007 "A contre-courant"
More ISDN problems. Every 15-20 minutes, the show cuts off, only to return 30 seconds later. It's maddeningly frustrating, because this was otherwise a pretty decent show.

Show 53 March 11, 2007 "Gourmandises"
ISDN problems. The volume isn't uniform, and I wasn't happy with the show anyway, so I'm debating whether or not to upload it.

Show 52 February 25, 2007 "Il Jouait du piano debout"

Show 51 February 11, 2007 "La Isla Bonita"

Show 50 January 28, 2007 "Mon maquis" and "Hey ! Amigo !"

Show 49 January 20, 2007 "Moi...Lolita"

Show 48 January 6, 2007 "Veni Vedi Vici"

Show 47 December 30, 2006 "A contre-courant"

Show 46 December 9, 2006 "C'est trop tard" and "Toc de mac"

Show 45 December 2, 2006 "Mon maquis"

Show 44 November 25, 2006 "Gourmandises" and "La Isla Bonita"

Show 43 November 11, 2006 "A quoi rêve une jeune fille"

Show 42 November 4, 2006 "J'ai pas vingt ans !"

Show 41 October 30, 2006 "Coeur déjà pris"

Show 40 October 28, 2006 "Coeur déjà pris"
No download this time :(

Show 39 October 14, 2006 "Gourmandises" and "Amelie m'a dit"

Show 38 October 7, 2006 "Lui ou toi"

Show 37 September 30, 2006 "L'e-mail a des ailes"
All kinds of technical difficulties today, due to a problem with the ISDN line. Ignore the blips. :(

Show 36 September 23, 2006 "A contre-courant" and "Hey ! Amigo !"

Show 35 September 8, 2006 "Amelie m'a dit" and "Youpidou"

Show 34 August 25, 2006 "Moi...Lolita" and "C'est trop tard"

Show 33 August 18, 2006 "Veni Vedi Vici" and "Toc de mac"

Show 32 [incomplete] July 21, 2006 "A contre-courant" and "J'ai pas vingt ans !"
A hurricane knocked out the power in my apartment while this one was recording, so you only get the first three and a half songs. Still, this is the first time I played Alizée on the radio (ACC), so I figured I'd upload it anyway.

Thanks again to Moe and Brad!

Playlists for all the shows listed above can be found my website (http://gbarchuk.googlepages.com).

For those who want to listen live:
You can web stream my show at http://thecore.fm. There are links at the top of the page for different streams. Most people will want to click the center one (64 kbps). The left link is for dial-up modems, and the right one is AAC+, a high quality format that only plays in some players (including the latest versions of Winamp).

The Core broadcasts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For now, my show is every Sunday, 2:00-4:00 p.m. EST. Enjoy, and thanks for the support!

http://www.thecore.fm/public/promo/903gutv1_1.gif

brad
09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
good stuff greg .. what is the information for those that want to listen live?

Moe
09-09-2006, 04:37 PM
np dude...

DJ_Greg
09-09-2006, 04:42 PM
For now (and this may change by as soon as next week), I'm on from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Eastern. You can listen live on the radio at 90.3 FM if you live in central New Jersey, or listen to the web stream at http://thecore.fm. There are links at the top of the page for different streams. Most people will want to click the center one (64 kbps). The left link is for dial-up modems, and the right one is AAC+, a high quality format that only plays in some players (including the latest versions of Winamp).

The link Moe posted works for now. Actually, thecore.fm will redirect to thecore.rutgers.edu until we shift everything over to the new server.

RadioactiveMan
09-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks a lot, Greg. I have school during the show now so I can't tune in anymore.

vctralca
09-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Downloading now . . tll be great to listen to Alizée in a radio show ;), hope u can upload more in the future . . :p

Jchase
09-09-2006, 06:21 PM
For now (and this may change by as soon as next week), I'm on from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Eastern. You can listen live on the radio at 90.3 FM if you live in central New Jersey, or listen to the web stream at http://thecore.fm. There are links at the top of the page for different streams. Most people will want to click the center one (64 kbps). The left link is for dial-up modems, and the right one is AAC+, a high quality format that only plays in some players (including the latest versions of Winamp).

The link Moe posted works for now. Actually, thecore.fm will redirect to thecore.rutgers.edu until we shift everything over to the new server.

Man you should of told him to give a shout out to us at the Alizee America Forums haha.

DJ_Greg
09-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Haha, I did that during my last two shows, which I'll upload tonight.

riva2model64
09-09-2006, 09:08 PM
oh sweet I heard Alizée songs!

nice shoutout to moi-alizee in episode 34
awesome nice going greg!

any chances you'd play L'e-Mail a Des Ailes greg?

DJ_Greg
09-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Actually...it's quite possible that yesterday was my last show. We're re-doing the schedule due to the start of a new semester, and I put in very limited available hours (expecting a new job soon). I was hoping for a weeknight, 8-10 p.m. Anyway, I got a call from the program director earlier tonight that, as of now, he can't fit me into the grid. Which means, as of right now, I don't have a show anymore. This also makes my username here completely irrelevant. :(

RadioactiveMan
09-09-2006, 09:45 PM
You could always do a private show for us. Record yourself playing music and talking in your basement.

DJ_Greg
09-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Hahaha. My reaction upon reading "private show"::eek:

Looks like I'll be doing Saturdays, 2-4 p.m. for now. Not the greatest slot, but it's better than nothing.

rcs
09-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Cool. It's probably the only broadcast of Lili in the country! Brad, can we put this link somewhere on this site so we can click at will instead of coming back to this thread searching for the link? Is it possible to put it in the gallery under "Other Stuff"?

DJ_Greg
09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Cool. It's probably the only broadcast of Lili in the country! Brad, can we put this link somewhere on this site so we can click at will instead of coming back to this thread searching for the link? Is it possible to put it in the gallery under "Other Stuff"?

Do you mean the web stream? Or the thread? I don't know about other programs, but if you listen to the stream in Winamp, you can save it as a playlist, and then just load the playlist file any time you want to listen to the current stream. As for the thread itself, I'm pretty sure you can save it as a bookmark/favorite in your browser and just click that.

brad
09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Looks like I'll be doing Saturdays, 2-4 p.m. for now. Not the greatest slot, but it's better than nothing.

i demand a 2 hour alizee-thon

DJ_Greg
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Haha! Unfortunately, I have playlist requirements...

Although one week I got permission to ignore the playlist and did a whole show of 70s pop music. It was a blast.

mibir
09-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Hahaha. My reaction upon reading "private show"::eek:

Greg it IS the greatest slot. Now i'll be able to hear the whole show even if i work. :)

DJ_Greg
09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Yes, that's the silver lining. At least I'm not on when most people are at work anymore.

By the way...the first post in this thread has been updated. Another show is up (incomplete, but at least there's one Alizée song), and I consolidated the information posted elsewhere in this thread.

Urb4n
09-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Glad to hear that the show will go on. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the download links.

DJ_Greg
09-11-2006, 01:55 AM
Urb4n, I still need to IM you some time for those song recommendations. I didn't forget. :)

aditya8617
09-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Nice Greg, I will be listening your show often if it is on the internet too, I don't have any radio. Also, I am sure if you keep on playing Alizee songs you will get very popular, and even more if you can get your audience to watch her videos.

rcs
09-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Haha! Unfortunately, I have playlist requirements...

Although one week I got permission to ignore the playlist and did a whole show of 70s pop music. It was a blast.

Requirements? I thought college radio had freedom to do whatever. I'm with Brad, Alizee-athon for two hours. Hell, they got Kung-Fu theatre-athons on TV. So why not her? Thanks for the tips on saving/bookmarking.

DJ_Greg
09-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, there's a difference between "free form" (which we are), and doing whatever you want. Pretty much all college radio stations have playlist requirements for their DJs...

It works like this:
We get tons of new CDs from record labels and independent distributors, and they're all free. In order to keep having free CDs sent to us, we agree to place them into rotation. We don't, however, guarantee we're going to play the CD, or play a particular song, or anything like that. There's just a large collection (a few hundred) of CDs that we get to pick from, and we need to play a certain number during our show. It's not very restrictive. So, for example, just because we had the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album doesn't mean I had to play songs from it - I could have picked something else. But since I like RHCP, I played it a lot.

I actually like the system. It forces me to try out new music, when sometimes I'd rather just play my own stuff, and it keeps the programming fresh. I couldn't even begin to list off the bands I've gotten into because I was "required" to play new stuff. And lots of times the playlist CD are bands I'm already into, or even already spinning. I was spinning Gnarls Barkley months before "Crazy" became a hit, and at least a month before we got it at the station. I told my listeners each week, "this song is gonna be a huge summer hit," and look what happened. I was playing "Harrowdown Hill" by Thom Yorke and "Monument" by Dirty On Purpose before we got them at the station - so nothing changed when they arrived.

Sir Wood
09-21-2006, 01:17 AM
DJ_Greg,

I've been listening to your 4 recordings of the show (the second one is my favorite, Show 33, good music), any idea when you'll be making more available?

Thanks!

bt_bird_90
09-21-2006, 06:01 AM
Thanks again DJ_Greg, you're the most kickass-est DJ ever, that 4th show was great, all those listeners will come around someday

EDIT: since when is listening to french pop music all week a "problem"?

DJ_Greg
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Sir Wood: my next show is this Saturday afternoon, 2-4 p.m. EST, so expect the next upload sometime after that, or Sunday at the latest.

bird: Only when you need to bring some diversity to the set list. ;)

O Rly
09-23-2006, 04:20 PM
That was a nice show, i liked it. Even though i got in just for the last hour.
Thanks for playing that last song, btw! :D

Moe
09-23-2006, 04:59 PM
yep good show...waiting for you to upload it..amigo..^^

DJ_Greg
09-23-2006, 05:38 PM
The new show is up!

To everyone in the chat room around 4:00...sorry I logged off so quickly. The next DJ needed the computer. I used to not have anyone after my show, now I have someone before AND after me.

bt_bird_90
09-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Awsome show, thank you once again DJ_Greg!

Sir Wood
09-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks DJ_Greg! Sorry I missed the live show...

riva2model64
09-23-2006, 11:56 PM
thanks greg for uploading the show

riva2model64
09-26-2006, 08:22 PM
hey dj_greg, I don't know if this interest you,
but I think I going to see aerosmith en concert
this saturday (may have to cancel the job).

It's not rally my type of music but a friend is taking me.

I'm gonna miss you show again!! pretty plz play l'e-mail

DJ_Greg
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I guess I could spin L'e-mail this time. ;)

RadioactiveMan
09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
hey dj_greg, I don't know if this interest you,
but I think I going to see aerosmith en concert
this saturday (may have to cancel the job).

It's not rally my type of music but a friend is taking me.

I'm gonna miss you show again!! pretty plz play l'e-mail

If it's not your kind of music, let me go instead. :eek:

riva2model64
09-29-2006, 01:10 AM
I guess I could spin L'e-mail this time. ;)

yay thanks greg!!

nurvonic
09-29-2006, 01:54 AM
thanks greg. ill definately tune in this time. saturday at 2 right? i also got some requests of my own ;)

DJ_Greg
09-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Give me a heads up beforehand so I can actually play them. Unless you know I have it...

nurvonic
09-29-2006, 01:58 AM
ok...Save Me(Wake up call) by Unwritten Law, The Day i tried to live by Soundgarden, and AFI's Girls Not Grey. if its not too much trouble :)

DJ_Greg
09-29-2006, 02:00 AM
ok...Save Me(Wake up call) by Unwritten Law, The Day i tried to live by Soundgarden, and AFI's Girls Not Grey. if its not too much trouble :)

Definitely have Soundgarden, I'll have to check on the UL song (I have a few of their singles, but not all), and I'll have to think about the AFI song. Just can't get into that band...

nurvonic
09-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Definitely have Soundgarden, I'll have to check on the UL song (I have a few of their singles, but not all), and I'll have to think about the AFI song. Just can't get into that band...

Im sure Save Me is a single by UL, so u'll have no problem with that. and whats wrong with AFI? lol. yeah i know what you mean, i just like 'girls not grey'

DJ_Greg
09-29-2006, 02:18 AM
I have Take Me Away, Up All Night (cool song), and Seein' Red. If I remember correctly, I tried to download Save Me when it came out, and I just couldn't find a good quality version. It's been a while, so maybe I'll have better luck now.

Twitch
09-29-2006, 02:56 AM
The shows are great DJ_Greg, I was starting to miss college radio ours had no regulations between 12:30 until 6:30 in the morning, literally anything went...except for they had to have a minimum amount of local content. ;)
You probably already have them, but if you need/want the English versions of Alizée's songs or remixes I'll post them for you. I know its bad but its for a good cause, creating new fans. :D

DJ_Greg
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks!

I think I have some of the English versions (Youpidoo, I'm Not Twenty...not sure on the other two), but actually like the French versions much better. And while I don't really like club music, I do like the Soft Skin remix of JEAM.

riva2model64
09-29-2006, 03:33 PM
the xelakad remixes are more trance. . .Twitch knows!!

DJ_Greg
09-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Im sure Save Me is a single by UL, so u'll have no problem with that. and whats wrong with AFI? lol. yeah i know what you mean, i just like 'girls not grey'

The other two are definitely up. I had some trouble dl'ing a quality version of Girls Not Grey. If we don't have that CD at the station, next week...

O Rly
09-30-2006, 12:59 PM
At what time does the show start today?

Moe
09-30-2006, 02:49 PM
its on now! (your time it will be 9-11pm)

O Rly
09-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Yea, i kinda figured that out (was gonna edit it just now). Thanks anyways :)

nurvonic
09-30-2006, 03:46 PM
hey thanks for playing my request Greg. and thanks for mentioning my name and my brothers name lol. feels kinda weird knowing that your name is being broadcast throughout an entire campus with a bunch of people listening. thanks again! great song

DJ_Greg
09-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I meant to play the others (including mibir's regular request for Sublime), but we're training new DJs now, and there was a session in the air studio. Thus, I got stuck broadcasting from the production studio, with the old and crappy equipment. No aux feed, which meant no iPod, so no non-CD tracks. I don't have Unwritten Law or Sublime (or AFI) on CD, so I couldn't play those tracks. Sorry!

Any weird glitches you heard...songs sort of starting, stopping, then starting again...weird fades and distortion...was all due to broadcasting from the "other" studio. I haven't heard the recording yet, but I'm not looking forward to it...

DJ_Greg
09-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Apparently the problems were bigger than that. There were actually more "blips" than I was aware of...something is wrong with our connection. Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I just received:

Hello everyone. I've gotten some reports in the past few days of trouble with CD players. What you're hearing is actually a dropout in the ISDN connection between our studios and the high school. I've been monitoring the problem since yesterday, and it seems to be getting worse. At times it's happening every 10 minutes. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it until Monday.

If it happens during your show, you might hear a BLOOP sound and then a few seconds of silence, a skipping cd sound, and then everything's normal again. Do not stop what you're playing. If it doesn't come back within a few seconds, make sure you are actually playing something (are the meters for program moving?) and call someone (me).

I've attached an mp3 of what it usually sounds like when the ISDN drops out. Anyone listening over the air or on our streams will hear this happen.

And shortly after my show, the connection was completely dropped. I'm sure all of this will be taken care of soon. I don't know if you listen to any other shows on the station, but if so I'll keep you guys posted.

Twitch
09-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I was wondering what happened, there was someone talking about training new DJ's and then nothing...:)

PS: What was that last song you played again?

DJ_Greg
09-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Idlewild - "In Remote Part / Scottish Fiction" from The Remote Part

Twitch
09-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely check them out.

DJ_Greg
09-30-2006, 06:15 PM
I'd also recommend [in no particular order]:

A Modern Way of Letting Go
These Are Just Years
Don't Let Me Change
I Understand It
Little Discourage
Let Me Sleep (Next to the Mirror)
El Capitan
The Bronze Medal
Blame It On Obvious Ways
The Space Between All Things
American English

OK, I'm gonna end up naming their entire catalog, so I'll just stop for now...

neoteny
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM
hey greg. remember me. yes when i asked you before abou the site. i wanted to know exactly what site it is you play song for people who request songs. my brother tells me you played better than ezra. thanks man...now...if you please play another song for me. that being... unwritten law - save me. i appreciate it. feel love from me. im not gay. after than...play better than ezra - misunderstood. thank you. love michael. doesnt life suck?

one more thing. gimme the name of the site you play the music on.

RadioactiveMan
09-30-2006, 09:44 PM
thecore.fm

neoteny
09-30-2006, 09:56 PM
oh yes. greg...before you play song tell me when..i wanna hear it. let me know please. i need to hear it. thank you.

DJ_Greg
10-07-2006, 06:07 PM
hey greg. remember me. yes when i asked you before abou the site. i wanted to know exactly what site it is you play song for people who request songs. my brother tells me you played better than ezra. thanks man...now...if you please play another song for me. that being... unwritten law - save me. i appreciate it. feel love from me. im not gay. after than...play better than ezra - misunderstood. thank you. love michael. doesnt life suck?

one more thing. gimme the name of the site you play the music on.

Neoteny, you might wanna listen to this week's show ;) ...which is now uploaded.

nurvonic
10-07-2006, 09:48 PM
LOL def gregory jam? my brother says thanks for playing his songs

nurvonic
10-07-2006, 10:08 PM
lol "this is alizee...luiiii ou toilaaa...i think". wtf was that? you know damn well how its pronounced. again, trying to hide the fact that youre a true alizee fan:p

DJ_Greg
10-07-2006, 10:20 PM
lol "this is alizee...luiiii ou toilaaa...i think". wtf was that? you know damn well how its pronounced. again, trying to hide the fact that youre a true alizee fan:p

I have no idea how it's pronounced. I don't speak French.

(Btw...Def Gregory Jam is a play on other "Def ____ Jam" shows, like Def Poetry Jam and Def Comedy Jam.)

nurvonic
10-07-2006, 10:25 PM
I have no idea how it's pronounced. I don't speak French.

(Btw...Def Gregory Jam is a play on other "Def ____ Jam" shows, like Def Poetry Jam and Def Comedy Jam.)

really? you never heard the song?

and i knew where def gregory jam came from. thats why i found it funny:)

DJ_Greg
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I've heard the song. It's still not easy to pronounce words in a language you don't know, even if you've heard it sung a few times. Anyway, I thought I did a decent job. :D

Sir Wood
10-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Great job Greg! Your shows keep getting better every week. :D

I've heard the song. It's still not easy to pronounce words in a language you don't know, even if you've heard it sung a few times. Anyway, I thought I did a decent job. :D

You might want to get a new thread in the Translations section and ask if phonetic spellings can be made for her albums and song titles. ;)

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Great job Greg! Your shows keep getting better every week. :D [quote/]

Thanks!

[quote]You might want to get a new thread in the Translations section and ask if phonetic spellings can be made for her albums and song titles. ;)

Very good idea...although I'm more inclined to just avoid saying anything other than "Alizée."

aFrenchie
10-10-2006, 07:22 AM
You might want to get a new thread in the Translations section and ask if phonetic spellings can be made for her albums and song titles. ;)Very good idea...although I'm more inclined to just avoid saying anything other than "Alizée."
You still can use this link (http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php#top) that Brad provided some times ago. I've tried several Alizée song titles and the results are not bad at all. Don't forget to select "French"! :)
Anyway, most of the time, she sings the title in her songs, so you can use her own pronouncation.

neoteny
10-11-2006, 04:30 PM
i really dont know how often you play these songs but play some third eye blind - semi charmed life for me...if you can. afterwards..if you wanna play k's choice - addict? if that's too much...play some busta rhymes. joking. play toadies - possum kingdom or spacehogs - in the meantime. pick one...

thanks g

RadioactiveMan
10-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Since other people are requesting, can I request Suicide Messiah by the Black Label Society? <3

DJ_Greg
10-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Today's show is up. I liked the way I solved the pronunciation problem this week. :D

As always, a very big thanks to everyone who listens. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

atra201
10-14-2006, 06:19 PM
thank you DJ_Greg
yeah that's the stuff we're looking for

General Patton
10-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Today's show is up. I liked the way I solved the pronunciation problem this week. :D

As always, a very big thanks to everyone who listens. I hope you continue to enjoy it!
*coughs*

STUPID TEN WORD THINGY THAT IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF AND I CAN'T STAND IT ANY MORE! hahhahah ahahahahahhah
sorry had to get that off my chest...

brad
10-15-2006, 01:45 PM
*coughs*

STUPID TEN WORD THINGY THAT IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF AND I CAN'T STAND IT ANY MORE! hahhahah ahahahahahhah
sorry had to get that off my chest...

maybe if you are posting less than 10 characters.. you shouldn't post anything at all......

DJ_Greg
10-15-2006, 02:28 PM
maybe if you are posting less than 10 characters.. you shouldn't post anything at all......

Word. :cool:

bt_bird_90
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
not 10
magic

DJ_Greg
10-16-2006, 02:07 PM
not 10
magic

¿que? :confused:

Twitch
10-16-2006, 02:13 PM
10stop short posting

DJ_Greg
10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Haha, I can post under 10 characters without your voodoo white letter tricks!

Anyway, I think bt_bird missed the irony in my response to brad's post...

Twitch
10-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Ya by using smilies, like I did here.:p
QFT :cool:
Which might have started some of these short posts which is why I put what I put in my voodoo white letters:)

Sir Wood
10-17-2006, 01:37 AM

Thanks Greg! BTW, are you the one responsible for getting Nth Degree "Morning Wood" on the new Mercury Milan commercial w/ Jill Wagner? (j/k) :p

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8831233741847135414&q=morning+wood

(Yeah, yeah, this isn't the commercial but the song vid.)

DJ_Greg
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Haha, no. For that you should thank the Jacksonville brothers, nurvonic and neoteny.

Sir Wood
10-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Haha, no. For that you should thank the Jacksonville brothers, nurvonic and neoteny.

Thanks Jacksonville Wonder Twins! I never heard of that song until I started listening to the Def Gregory Jam. :cool:

nurvonic
10-18-2006, 02:19 AM
who the hell said we were twins?

greg, heres a song you should play on your next show. its animal alpha - bundy. its a pretty weird song, and even weirder video, but its still rockin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0rTyaFaTo

neoteny
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
you wouldn't happen to have a file for ur def jam do ya greg. id really like to dl it and listen. i was working all night and slept all day. sorry...

Sir Wood
10-19-2006, 01:35 AM
LOL, easy there tiger. It was in jest using Wonder Twins from the old Super Friends cartoon. I apologize if it didn't come across that way. :o

you wouldn't happen to have a file for ur def jam do ya greg. id really like to dl it and listen. i was working all night and slept all day. sorry...
He has the weekly shows linked on the first page of the post. I think that was what you were asking for.

DJ_Greg
10-19-2006, 10:11 PM

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showpost.php?p=6928&postcount=1

a.k.a., the first post in this thread, as Wood said.

DJ_Greg
10-19-2006, 10:12 PM

greg, heres a song you should play on your next show. its animal alpha - bundy. its a pretty weird song, and even weirder video, but its still rockin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0rTyaFaTo

Pretty sure I'm gonna have nightmares about that video now, thanks! :p

Sir Wood
10-20-2006, 10:14 PM

LOL, I finished listening to this show earlier this afternoon. Way to resolve the problem. I smiled at that. I also enjoyed the "double shot" feature that you did.

Thanks alot! Break a leg tomorrow. ;) (Is that phrase even used in the radio business?)

DJ_Greg
10-21-2006, 01:29 AM
LOL, I finished listening to this show earlier this afternoon. Way to resolve the problem. I smiled at that. I also enjoyed the "double shot" feature that you did.

Thanks alot! Break a leg tomorrow. ;) (Is that phrase even used in the radio business?)

Glad you liked it. :D I may or may not be on tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty sick tonight, so I put in for a sub. If no one contacts me to cover the show, though, I might have to do it anyway. We'll see.

About the "double shot." It's kinda funny...I had been using that as a regular image ID (what we call those brief messages that say the name of our station) for a while. I just realized recently, though, that it probably only makes sense when played between two songs of the same artist. :o

DJ_Greg
10-27-2006, 11:35 PM
For those who are interested, I should be on the air tomorrow afternoon... barring any lightning strikes, car crashes, ISDN malfunctions, or other national emergencies.

And the Alizée song will be...
Well, it's a surprise. You can bet it won't be the one you're expecting. ;)

bt_bird_90
10-27-2006, 11:43 PM
:eek: You are a brave man for playing Abracadabra on the air.

riva2model64
10-27-2006, 11:46 PM
you have already selected?
was kinda hoping you'd play Mon Maquis but I like your choice nonetheless

DJ_Greg
10-28-2006, 02:18 AM
:eek: You are a brave man for playing Abracadabra on the air.

I'm not going to say if that's right or not...but Abracadabra does seem a little too obvious, doesn't it? ;)

DJ_Greg
10-28-2006, 02:33 AM
you have already selected?
was kinda hoping you'd play Mon Maquis but I like your choice nonetheless

I've been hesitant to play Mon Manquis because it's almost 6 minutes long. Not that I haven't played long songs before, but they're in English, and I'm less likely to lose someone's attention during a long English song than a long French one. It is an unfortunate likelihood that my local listeners put up with my Alizée obsession, rather than look forward to it...

Of course, last week I played Gourmandises and Amelie m'a dit back-to-back, which totals almost 8 minutes, so I guess I just blew my own defense out of the water. :o

nurvonic
10-28-2006, 08:11 AM
i noticed you havent played JEAM yet, so im betting its that

you should play an english version of one of her songs...i suggest Amelie ;)

Sir Wood
10-29-2006, 04:53 AM
What about "Ella, Elle L'a" or "La Isla Bonita" or are we just sticking to album covers?

you should play an english version of one of her songs...i suggest Amelie ;)

Yeah, an occasional English version wouldn't be bad either.

DJ_Greg
10-29-2006, 01:22 PM
What about "Ella, Elle L'a" or "La Isla Bonita" or are we just sticking to album covers?

Yeah, an occasional English version wouldn't be bad either.

I'd consider playing "Ella, elle l'a," but the mp3 quality isn't great, and it will sound worse over the air. Same goes for "La Isla Bonita," although the quality on that one is probably a little better.

As for not playing English versions, that's simply a personal preference. I think the songs are much better in the original French. I'll give it some thought for the future, though. :)

DJ_Greg
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

I'll be doing a show this afternoon, 4:00-6:00 p.m. Eastern. Hopefully this one will record...

riva2model64
10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

I'll be doing a show this afternoon, 4:00-6:00 p.m. Eastern. Hopefully this one will record...

great choice for show 40 Greg!!

I love Coeur déjà pris (but then again I love every Ali song:))

nurvonic
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

freakin outstandin DJ_Greg. ill be listening. i got a request. how about Custom - hey mister ;) if you have that...if not, just play Beach Boys - Surfin USA

DJ_Greg
10-30-2006, 08:26 PM
So, since I couldn't upload Saturday's show (due to it not being recorded), I did a nearly identical show this afternoon. A few songs were in a slightly different order, and I swapped out Glen Phillips' cover of "Revelator" for Metric's "The Police and the Private," but other than that, it was the same. Should be uploaded later tonight, once I find an mp3 editor that will let me mute the "fuck" I forgot to censor. :)

EDIT: Show 41 is now uploaded. Hope you like it!

zemasterzzz
10-31-2006, 12:13 AM
wow, just started hearing your programs. That's awesome having your own program. Keep up the good work.

DJ_Greg
11-04-2006, 08:27 PM
wow, just started hearing your programs. That's awesome having your own program. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! The new one is up (November 4). It's a little shorter, as we were having problems with our transmitter, and weren't broadcasting from 1:30-2:30. (Welcome to college radio...). It's also the reason this week's volume is a little off. You'll hear it if you download...the parts where I talk sound much softer than the songs. Oh well, what can ya do?

People should be happy with this week's Alizée song, though...

bt_bird_90
11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Another great show, I noticed you did quite a bit of Alizée-commentary this time, I'm sure she'd appreciate the plug. :p ...and good job avoiding having to pronounce "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans" the way you did it pretty was slick. :cool:

Spartan500
11-04-2006, 09:13 PM
it's a good thing we can download your shows greg cause i tried to remember to listen but i was watching entourage lol

DJ_Greg
11-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Another great show, I noticed you did quite a bit of Alizée-commentary this time, I'm sure she'd appreciate the plug. :p ...and good job avoiding having to pronounce "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans" the way you did it pretty was slick. :cool:

Thanks! I'm glad you guys are still listening. :)

Also, there was a bunch of commentary in the first few shows I did with her songs. Unfortunately some of it got cut off due to the power outage in my apartment (the first time I played ACC and JPVA). That's my usual pattern: when I'm playing a new artist for the first time, I spend a few weeks talking about them (i.e., two shows explaining the name-change of Pilate to Pilot Speed), and then just play the music without commentary. This time, though, I thought it was time for an Alizée update. :D

it's a good thing we can download your shows greg cause i tried to remember to listen but i was watching entourage lol

Hahaha. I'd probably skip my show for Entourage, too. ;) I hate not having digital cable anymore. No Entourage, no Weeds, no Lucky Louie, no Rome...it's very sad.

neoteny
11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
yeah...great...

"two thumbs up"

brad
11-08-2006, 11:33 PM
its awesome hearing someone talk about her :)

last show was great

neoteny
11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
dont mention who requested it, jus play it. my last and final attempt, for the time being. requesting Vertical Horizon - Shackled. im sure you'll recognize the guest singer in the song..

i cook my hamburgers just right...

DJ_Greg
11-09-2006, 06:53 PM
dont mention who requested it, jus play it. my last and final attempt, for the time being. requesting Vertical Horizon - Shackled. im sure you'll recognize the guest singer in the song..

i cook my hamburgers just right...

Don't be a noob. There's no guest singer in "Shackled."

(And I haven't played that Sugarcult song because I don't have it yet...patience, my friend...) ;)

neoteny
11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Don't be a noob. There's no guest singer in "Shackled."

(And I haven't played that Sugarcult song because I don't have it yet...patience, my friend...) ;)

SHIT. you're right. it was kane not molko! you filled an unknowing void in my life. what the hell was i thinking?.................im gonna go curl up in a corner somewhere with a beer in one hand and a .45 in the other. UGH:confused: didnt mean to give you the impression i was rushing you either. take your sweet time...platonic pal.

Sir Wood
11-10-2006, 11:00 AM
SHIT. you're right. it was kane not molko! you filled an unknowing void in my life. what the hell was i thinking?.................im gonna go curl up in a corner somewhere with a beer in one hand and a .45 in the other. UGH:confused: didnt mean to give you the impression i was rushing you either. take your sweet time...platonic pal.

Ooooo... Greg, can we dedicate: Smile Empty Soul - Botttom Of A Bottle, to Neoteny?

DJ_Greg
11-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Ooooo... Greg, can we dedicate: Smile Empty Soul - Botttom Of A Bottle, to Neoteny?

Haha! I loved that CD, by the way...especially "Eraser." It's too bad their old label won't let them release Anxiety (the second album). I think they have a new one coming out soon...maybe it already is out...anyway I think it's called Vultures or something like that.

DJ_Greg
11-11-2006, 01:49 AM

I love Keith Kane's songs, so I was kinda disappointed that Go didn't have any. ("Shackled" is probably one of my top 2 VH songs, by the way...the other being the live version of "Wash Away").

And you totally meant to rush me. Don't lie. :cool:

neoteny
11-11-2006, 04:06 AM
And you totally meant to rush me. Don't lie. :cool:

ur right...

neoteny
11-11-2006, 05:53 AM
theeeere sheee gooooes...there she goooooes agaaaain...pulsing through my vains...

DJ_Greg
11-11-2006, 05:54 PM
theeeere sheee gooooes...there she goooooes agaaaain...pulsing through my vains...

No chance.

Today's show is up. Neoteny, don't ever say I never played one of your requests. ;)

Thanks, as always, to Moe for hosting the mp3's of my shows, Brad for allowing me to have this thread, and anybody else for listening.

neoteny
11-11-2006, 07:24 PM
No chance.

i was jus goofing around.

Today's show is up. Neoteny, don't ever say I never played one of your requests. ;)

you never played any of my requests

so glad you played taking back sunday. i wont bother you again:rolleyes:

...and thanks

DJ_Greg
11-12-2006, 12:23 AM
i was jus goofing around.

you never played any of my requests

so glad you played taking back sunday. i wont bother you again:rolleyes:

...and thanks

Haha, that is a lie and you know it! I think the only request I haven't played of yours was the 3rd time you requested Morningwood. Poor Radioactiveman hasn't even seen a single Black Label Society song in my playlists.

riva2model64
11-12-2006, 01:17 AM
thanks for uploading the week's show, greg

I'm giving it a good old-fashioned download

the song is nice
maybe one of these you can get Mon Maquis on. .

neoteny
11-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Haha, that is a lie and you know it! I think the only request I haven't played of yours was the 3rd time you requested Morningwood. Poor Radioactiveman hasn't even seen a single Black Label Society song in my playlists.

lets see...you never played better than ezra - good. you never played unwritten law - save me. you never played the other better than ezra song misunderstood. oh and you never played played sugarcult and vertical horizon. hmmm. sensing sarcasm yet Mr. DJ? ;)

and when did i ever request morningwood 3 TIMES! i never ever ever did that! how dare you! im desperate...but not that desperate.

DJ_Greg
11-12-2006, 01:44 PM
thanks for uploading the week's show, greg

I'm giving it a good old-fashioned download

the song is nice
maybe one of these you can get Mon Maquis on. .

Probably soon. I'm running out of songs! Alizée really should release that third album, pronto!

Sir Wood
11-14-2006, 03:12 AM
Thanks for this weeks download and to Moe for allowing you to store them there!

Awe, you could have gone with "Moi... Lolita" and segue into "A Good Year" or vice-versa... ;)

DJ_Greg
11-15-2006, 01:28 PM
"A Good Year"? I know about the movie, but what song is that?

Spartan500
11-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I think he means that if you play moi lolita then you can talk about a good year. like say "if you liked this song its in a good year"

Sir Wood
11-15-2006, 10:05 PM
I think he means that if you play moi lolita then you can talk about a good year. like say "if you liked this song its in a good year"

Yup! Sorry I wasn't clear.

DJ_Greg
11-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Ah, that probably made sense to a normal person. Apparently I was being unusually dense yesterday.

riva2model64
11-18-2006, 08:48 AM
I wonder if there is a DJ Greg show today.

DJ_Greg
11-21-2006, 01:05 AM
I wonder if there is a DJ Greg show today.

There was not. :( I thought the girls who subbed for me did a great job, though.

riva2model64
11-24-2006, 10:18 PM
they could never replace you, DJ_Greg

Spartan500
11-25-2006, 01:26 AM
so greg r u gonna be back to do the show tomorrow ?

DJ_Greg
11-25-2006, 02:16 AM
I was just about to make a post about that, to remind everyone who's interested that I'll be back tomorrow with another show. Thinking of going with "Gourmandises" again...I dunno.

Dishwalla WILL be played tomorrow, and you can be sure it'll be funkadelic. :cool:

DJ_Greg
11-25-2006, 05:21 PM
The new show is up. Too much fun today. :D

nurvonic
11-25-2006, 07:46 PM
a friend of mine at work actually went to rutgers university some years back. he would always talk about the rutgers football team at work and i would be half listening to him. then i would ask myself, "rutger? aint that the same college that dj greg is at?" i shrugged it off and forgot about it.

then with their recent loss, he was bitchin and cryin..lol. it turns out he did used to live in piscataway some years back and he remembers your radio station. its a small world:cool:

oh yeah, good call on the whitney houston song btw:blink:

DJ_Greg
11-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Haha, and I kind of have NO idea what you're talking about, as I didn't go to undergrad here, so I really don't care about their sports teams much. So Rutgers lost a game? That's been pretty common for most of their history...

Sir Wood
11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Great last show Greg! Sounded like you had fun that day. I couldn't believe you put Whitney on, or was that some inside joke (kind of heard a smirk at "F-U-N"). And you finally played "La Isla Bonita!" I love ya man :wub: ... err I'll leave that for Neo.

I seriously enjoyed the cover bit. I must have listen to the first half of the show several times. That was cool, "Message In A Bottle" rasta style. I do like it when bands can successfully put an edge on past hits, not that the originals were bad, but it just fits into alot of today's taste...

DJ_Greg
11-30-2006, 12:40 AM
Great last show Greg! Sounded like you had fun that day. I couldn't believe you put Whitney on, or was that some inside joke (kind of heard a smirk at "F-U-N"). And you finally played "La Isla Bonita!" I love ya man :wub: ... err I'll leave that for Neo.

I seriously enjoyed the cover bit. I must have listen to the first half of the show several times. That was cool, "Message In A Bottle" rasta style. I do like it when bands can successfully put an edge on past hits, not that the originals were bad, but it just fits into alot of today's taste...

Haha, glad you liked it! There's no inside joke about Whitney...the smirk was more me laughing at myself for saying something that corny. I really liked the block of covers, too. The great thing about it was that Alizée finally "fit" with the rest of the show - I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before!

It's funny, I've listened to my shows countless times...44 of them, and figure I've probably listened to each one 2-5 times. That's a lot of time spent listening to myself talk. Finally, though, I think I'm tired of the sound of my voice. :D

bt_bird_90
11-30-2006, 05:04 AM
rofl, I love whenever you go into your Alizée-related over-explanations, you made my day, you're awsome

neoteny
11-30-2006, 10:50 AM
i love that U2 cover. you better be on the show next week too or else...

DJ_Greg
11-30-2006, 04:56 PM
rofl, I love whenever you go into your Alizée-related over-explanations, you made my day, you're awsome

It's never an "over" explanation to an audience who has no idea who she is!

Hmph.

riva2model64
12-01-2006, 11:20 PM
my work schedule has been rearranged so I can listen the shows live!!

I can't wait for your next show, mayhap you might try Mon Maquis, who knows

DJ_Greg
12-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Sounds good to me! I have NO idea what to play tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes...

DJ_Greg
12-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Today's show is available for download. No "over-explanations" this time! ;)

nurvonic
12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
hey, the more explanations, the better. its kool hearing someone talk about Alizee

neoteny
12-09-2006, 03:42 PM
you talked to mark didnt you. maybe i'll give you a call next week and flurt just a little. and while im at it, i'll request a song...

i know it's too soon, but good show Greg. i really enjoy listening to you...i mean the songs.

DJ_Greg
12-09-2006, 05:15 PM
you talked to mark didnt you. maybe i'll give you a call next week and flurt just a little. and while im at it, i'll request a song...

i know it's too soon, but good show Greg. i really enjoy listening to you...i mean the songs.

Haha, I did talk to Mark, and it completely caught me off guard. He said something like, "Hey DJ Greg, this is Mark [sounded like Marcus, actually], a.k.a. nurvonic." At first I thought this was some other DJ at the station, until I thought about it for a second and was like, oh wait...nurvonic!!

Anyway, everyone should thank nurv, because he got you two Alizée songs this week, when I was planning on playing only one.

Today's show should be up in a few minutes, by the way.

nurvonic
12-09-2006, 06:33 PM
lol greg, i did that to you on purpose. i noticed you gave out the phone number to the station on your show last week. i was gonna tell you that i was gonna call, but thought what the hell, surprise his ass!

you guys need to call him and request like 10 Alizee songs..lol

Spartan500
12-09-2006, 08:03 PM
lol that would be funny neoteny great show I just downloaded it and thanks nurvonic

DJ_Greg
12-10-2006, 09:50 PM
lol greg, i did that to you on purpose. i noticed you gave out the phone number to the station on your show last week. i was gonna tell you that i was gonna call, but thought what the hell, surprise his ass!

you guys need to call him and request like 10 Alizee songs..lol

Hahaha! I do have the option of saying "no," you know... ;)

And thanks, Spartan. Glad you liked it.

Sir Wood
12-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Another good show. I like it when you put some throw back songs into the mix. Where do you get your ideas for the playlist? Aweful lot of CDs to go through at the station. It's funny that you always play Jimmy Eat World at your handoff to to Jess & Becca - like it's their official song. I don't recall you doing that for other DJs.

Anyway how about: Ella, Elle L'a (even though the audio isn't all that great) or Veni Vedi Vici?

CFHollister
12-13-2006, 01:33 AM
I really want to call in this week but there's a good chance I'll be busy during the show. I was thinking that Greg should try one he hasn't done yet (which is becoming a pretty short list). I was thinking Tempete, or for something a bit more upbeat, L'Alize.

DJ_Greg
12-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Another good show. I like it when you put some throw back songs into the mix. Where do you get your ideas for the playlist? Aweful lot of CDs to go through at the station. It's funny that you always play Jimmy Eat World at your handoff to to Jess & Becca - like it's their official song. I don't recall you doing that for other DJs.

Anyway how about: Ella, Elle L'a (even though the audio isn't all that great) or Veni Vedi Vici?

If you look at my playlists (http://gbarchuk.googlepages.com/archive), "Seventeen" has always been my official ending song. For a while I moved away from it and started playing other songs, but for the most part it's been the one consistent staple on the show. It's not entirely a coincidence, though, that it naturally flows into Blacktop Memories (Jess & Becca's show) - our program director did a great job of making "blocks" of shows, so that the station has some uniformity. So Saturday afternoon, for example, has a modern rock theme. Originally Jess & Becca were supposed to hand off to me...but I complained and got my show time moved from 6-8 to 2-4. It helps that I was the program director's instructor last year. :D

As for where I get my ideas, most of the songs I play are NOT from the station. I have a pretty decent music collection (as seen here (http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/1772/cdrackxw2.jpg)), so I guess you could say I make a point to know about this stuff. Most times I just play whatever random songs I was listening to during the prior week.

Anyway, thanks for taking an interest in the show!

I really want to call in this week but there's a good chance I'll be busy during the show. I was thinking that Greg should try one he hasn't done yet (which is becoming a pretty short list). I was thinking Tempete, or for something a bit more upbeat, L'Alize.

I suppose if I played Coeur deja pris (possibly Alizée's slowest song), I can play anything. I have a personal grievance against Laurent Boutonnat for L'Alizé, so it'd take a lot of convincing for me to play it. ;)

CFHollister
12-15-2006, 02:24 AM
I have a personal grievance against Laurent Boutonnat for L'Alizé, so it'd take a lot of convincing for me to play it. ;)

Really? What's that? Now I'm really curious.

bt_bird_90
12-15-2006, 04:14 AM
"Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes"

aFrenchie
12-15-2006, 08:02 AM
I have a personal grievance against Laurent Boutonnat for L'Alizé, so it'd take a lot of convincing for me to play it.
What do you mean? :confused:

DJ_Greg
12-15-2006, 11:25 AM
"Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes!!! Wooo, Yes"

Bingo.

That's why bt_bird is my main squeeze. He just gets me.

:p

maareek
12-15-2006, 12:55 PM
For those still confused, DJ_Greg doesn't like the fact that Laurent used that sample in the middle of L'Alizé (forgive me, but I can't remember the name of the original song at the moment, though it was a fairly popular song in the US in the early 90's...and I still can't figure out why the hell it's in L'Alizé).

bt_bird_90
12-15-2006, 01:27 PM
oh, earlier I was just feeling happy, but I get it now

DJ_Greg
12-17-2006, 07:56 PM
For those still confused, DJ_Greg doesn't like the fact that Laurent used that sample in the middle of L'Alizé (forgive me, but I can't remember the name of the original song at the moment, though it was a fairly popular song in the US in the early 90's...and I still can't figure out why the hell it's in L'Alizé).

Haha, I like to leave people bewildered. Why are you ruining my fun? :D

Sorry for the lack of announcement on the no-show yesterday. I'll probably be doing one on the 23rd, but if not, I'll try to say something ahead of time.

CFHollister
12-17-2006, 08:25 PM
DJ_Greg, I'm still not sure exactly which part bothers you. Do you have a time index for the offending sample and where it came from originally?

DJ_Greg
12-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Hollister, you make it sound so serious! :p

Anyway, I upload the part of the song which contains the sample we've been talking about. As for the original, I'm going to guess C+C Music Factory, but that is purely a guess. It's from some early 90s dance song, I'm sure.

neoteny
12-18-2006, 06:46 PM
yeah i noticed the same "woo yes" mix. i remember hearing it from an old dance techno beat way back when. i found it funny.

and cute...

Sir Wood
12-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Hollister, you make it sound so serious! :p

Anyway, I upload the part of the song which contains the sample we've been talking about. As for the original, I'm going to guess C+C Music Factory, but that is purely a guess. It's from some early 90s dance song, I'm sure.
LOL, you mean this song: Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - It Takes Two ;)
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ns5YvcHZk0g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ns5YvcHZk0g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

yeah i noticed the same "woo yes" mix. i remember hearing it from an old dance techno beat way back when. i found it funny.

and cute...
I agree, when I first heard that sample in the song I was floored by nostalgia and loved it! :D

DJ_Greg
12-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Sir Wood, you rock! It was bugging me that I couldn't remember the song. That said, I still can't stand it. :D

DJ_Greg
12-21-2006, 09:06 PM
No show this weekend. :( I usually drive out to Pittsburgh to visit family after Christmas for a few days, but my grandmother has been in and out of the hospital for the past few days, so we're going out on Saturday this year and coming back on Christmas.

My show will be back on the 30th (if not sooner). I'm going to be moving out of state next week, so I might end up switching stations (if I can find one). I'm afraid the drive will be too much, after a while. I dunno...

Sir Wood
12-22-2006, 03:00 PM
I was looking thru AF and noticed that one of the members (John) has a streaming radio program. :cool:

"My playlists include alot of Alizee, Mylene Farmer, and Priscilla. Also other random artists, just send me a request through irc or reply here and I'll make sure it plays. If you have any problems let me know!"

http://www.alizee-forum.com/topic,9969,45,-my-radio-server.html

No show this weekend. :( I usually drive out to Pittsburgh to visit family after Christmas for a few days, but my grandmother has been in and out of the hospital for the past few days, so we're going out on Saturday this year and coming back on Christmas.

My show will be back on the 30th (if not sooner). I'm going to be moving out of state next week, so I might end up switching stations (if I can find one). I'm afraid the drive will be too much, after a while. I dunno...
Keep us posted. Hope your grandmother gets better. Have a good one!

DJ_Greg
12-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Today's show (Dec. 30) is now available for download. I hope you enjoy it!

Show 47 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show47.mp3) December 30, 2006 "A contre-courant"

bt_bird_90
12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Last I checked Paul and Ringo were still alive.
LMAO!
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9048/pwneday0.jpg

The Tonic thing made me laugh too.

DJ_Greg, you are the best DJ_Greg evar!

nurvonic
12-31-2006, 12:45 AM
haha, you actually played tonic. i was gonna request it but didnt want to bug you again with another one. and good call playing ACC, thats my favorite:)

and i think Wonderwall sounds nothing like Blvd of broken dreams:blink:

DJ_Greg
12-31-2006, 01:05 AM
haha, you actually played tonic. i was gonna request it but didnt want to bug you again with another one. and good call playing ACC, thats my favorite:)

and i think Wonderwall sounds nothing like Blvd of broken dreams:blink:

It has the same chords, but so do probably a thousand other songs. Noel would never win a copyright infringement lawsuit over it, that's for sure.

...and I'm sure the release of Stop the Clocks had nothing to do with a Gallagher mouthing off in the press. :rolleyes:

neoteny
12-31-2006, 12:21 PM
good show. very good show. Happy New Year buddy.

riva2model64
12-31-2006, 04:59 PM
thanks for the latest upload, your shows is always is a pleasure listening to;)

-edit- I just had to say that I thought the placement of ACC was pretty clever

DJ_Greg
01-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Ah, you guys are too kind. :) Thanks again, as always!

Sir Wood
01-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Greg, I can always count on you playing an Alizée song midway through your air time. Reminds me of the local station where you're pretty much guaranteed to hear a Metallica song around 5pm. Your's just happens to be mid-day with Alizée. :p

DJ_Greg
01-05-2007, 03:02 PM
"The mid-day with Alizée"...I like it! I might have to try and work that in somewhere.

DJ_Greg
01-06-2007, 08:42 PM
One thing is certain...I did NOT play "Abracadabra" this afternoon. ;)

Show 48 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show48.mp3)

neoteny
01-06-2007, 08:47 PM
"oh snap!" cant wait to download this one! lemme get the beer. ya know i listen to your show during my long session of sketching? lol

thanks for the show man.

uuhh, for the song...man.

bt_bird_90
01-06-2007, 09:42 PM
You used it! genious!!!

Greg, you are !@#$-ing awsome~!

DJ_Greg
01-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Haha!

Hey, can anyone photoshop Alizée's head in with a picture of the Beatles? Any picture will do, as long as it has the four guys + her. Bonus points if it's funny. I usually try to include a relevant picture for that day's show on the website. Usually it's just an album cover or a band picture - whatever I can steal from Google Images - although one time I used a map of United Arab Emirates (when Moe requested a song...ah, those were the good ol' days!).

Anyway, I thought it'd be funny...and you guys like to do image competitions anyway. :)

bt_bird_90
01-07-2007, 05:23 AM
First attempt of many:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3737/alizeebeatle1jwq1.jpg

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/6763/alizeebeatle2jfv7.jpg

DJ_Greg
01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Those are great! I love the first one especially, but I'm afraid that it won't look right when it gets reduced. Sorry, I forgot to mention that it'll only appear at around 200-250 pixels in width. On second thought,
I could always have it at the top of the screen and have the writing below it. Hmm...just go with whatever feels right.

EDIT: False alarm. That first image worked out great (http://gbarchuk.googlepages.com/show48)! If you have more ideas, keep 'em coming. I'll make a whole page of these. :D

Sir Wood
01-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Love the first pic bt_bird. I'd like to see the second one with an "old-photo" filter. (I could do it myself on GIMP but I'll let you do it.) ;)

Greg, you need to put your shows home, http://gbarchuk.googlepages.com/home, page on the first page of this thread.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-08-2007, 10:59 PM
dmnt it

i cant download the videos at a better speed
i have a sucky connection :S

DJ_Greg
01-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Greg, you need to put your shows home, http://gbarchuk.googlepages.com/home, page on the first page of this thread.

Done. Thanks for pointing out the omission, by the way. ;)

bt_bird_90
01-14-2007, 06:14 PM
where's my favorite mid-day with Alizée show? :(

DJ_Greg
01-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Right here: Show 49 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show49.mp3)

It was kind of a funny/weird day. While driving up to the station, someone called my cell phone. I didn't recognize the number, so I didn't pick up the phone. The caller didn't leave a message, so I assumed it wasn't important. When I got to the studio, someone else was in the room. He's a new DJ, and greeted me with, "Oh, you're doing your show?"
Me: Yeah...
Him: Oh, I didn't think you were, since you didn't pick up. I told someone else he could come in at 2.
Me: Well, I'm doing a show.
Him: Oh, I guess I should call him back.
Me: I guess so.
Him: Oh. Ok.

Yes, he just gave away someone else's slot. Bad newbie!

He then started to talk about other random things, including...
Him: I've been here for the last 8 hours.
Me: That's...a long time.
Him: Yeah. I don't know why people don't want to do longer shows.
Me: Well, the grid is usually full.
Him: It wasn't today.
Me: Well, we are in transition... And it's Saturday; not everyone wants to get up in the morning to do a show.
Him: I see it as an opportunity.
Me: ...

nurvonic
01-21-2007, 01:31 AM
good to see you back. what happened to you last week? always good to listen to some def gregory jam. if time doesnt get in the way like it did earlier, i might be able to give you a call and request my top 5 Alizee songs, and throw in a Mylene Farmer song next week :p

and take it easy on the newbies lol

bt_bird_90
01-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Thanks for another great show. and that dialogue was really funny, you need to write a comic strip about the daily life of DJ_Greg :p

DJ_Greg
01-21-2007, 01:41 AM
good to see you back. what happened to you last week? always good to listen to some def gregory jam. if time doesnt get in the way like it did earlier, i might be able to give you a call and request my top 5 Alizee songs, and throw in a Mylene Farmer song next week :p

and take it easy on the newbies lol

I was dealing with some stuff last week, and I guess it just slipped my mind. I didn't realize until around 3:30 that I was supposed to be doing a show that day. The strange thing is, I was thinking about what songs I would play that Friday night. Oh well.

Anyway, you can request all the MF you like...if you don't mind me not playing her. I don't have any of her songs, and I wasn't really interested in those that I've heard.

...and I'm nice to people who aren't creepy. I don't think I can convey his creepiness in words. You just have to see the disturbing grin and hear the awkward pauses to understand why I brushed him off. Not to mention, I wasn't about to let him give my show away when I had just driven an hour to do it myself!

DJ_Greg
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Thanks for another great show. and that dialogue was really funny, you need to write a comic strip about the daily life of DJ_Greg :p

Haha...how do you know it's great? It hasn't been available long enough for you to listen to it yet! I see what's going on here, bird...

I do tend to have strange conversations, though. My first day at my new job, I heard:
1. I can't use the Internet to search for porn.
2. There will be no cavity searches at the front desk.
3. "Oh, you're good. I would have just fingered it out."
4. One of my co-workers will eat whipped cream off anything.

Almost all of these were said by my boss...

bt_bird_90
01-21-2007, 01:58 AM
You caught me, I skipped around the first time through. I didn't even notice Sublime on right after Alizée. You can't comprehend how mind-numbingly good that was to listen to. I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good, now my life is complete.

Edit: Then again, I knew before I downloaded it there would be an Alizée song thrown in there, by default it has to be great.

DJ_Greg
01-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Nice cover. ;)

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Great show man :) as always :p

DJ_Greg
01-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Semi-important update: the show is moving to Sundays, 2:00-4:00 p.m. EST (same time, new day), effective this weekend.

nurvonic
01-25-2007, 11:11 PM
actually that was really important. thanks for the update, ill be listening ;)

Sir Wood
01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Semi-important update: the show is moving to Sundays, 2:00-4:00 p.m. EST (same time, new day), effective this weekend.
It's all good as long as you keep on providing the recordings, since I really only get a chance to listen during the weekday. ;)

DJ_Greg
01-27-2007, 06:52 PM
That's why I figured it was only "semi" important. I doubt very many people tune in to the live show.

By the way, if I find another station, I might actually consider switching. It's so far to drive (at least an hour each way).

nurvonic
01-28-2007, 03:28 PM
neoteny and i would like to thank you DJ_Greg for playing our requests:)

CFHollister
01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
I think we should have another vote for next week's request. If for no other reason but to give DJ_Greg an excuse to plug us again as he did for Veni Vedi Vici.

DJ_Greg
01-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Piscataway Five-O:

Show Fitty (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show50.mp3)

I think I'm getting sick, and I feel like you can hear it...

neoteny
01-28-2007, 08:09 PM
uh huh. i hear ya. great...great...show. bravo.

DJ_Greg
01-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks man.

I'm really digging the Gym Class Heroes right now - I hope people liked that one song ("Viva La White Girl"). The whole CD is awesome. Great music, great vocals (Travis' flow is amazing), lots of tongue-in-cheek lyrics. If anyone likes "hybrid" music - stuff that mixes up genres - definitely check it out.

Sir Wood
01-29-2007, 09:21 AM
That's why I figured it was only "semi" important. I doubt very many people tune in to the live show.

By the way, if I find another station, I might actually consider switching. It's so far to drive (at least an hour each way).
Oh don't get me wrong. It's good to know that your schedule changed. I've caught your shows live a couple of times, and knowing so means I wouldn't have to say, "Where the heck is he, it's his air time?" :p But I do prefer waiting to listen to your show throughout the work week. Sort of like a treat from all the usually stuff that's on the local radio.

I know those commutes would suck. I did something like that for 3-years working 12 hour+ days. It got to the point that you become more of a threat on the road because of the lack of sleep. Needless to say, I moved closer to work and re-evaluated my schedule. If and when you do change stations, will you still be able to record your shows for the rest of us? Thanks!

DJ_Greg
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh don't get me wrong. It's good to know that your schedule changed. I've caught your shows live a couple of times, and knowing so means I wouldn't have to say, "Where the heck is he, it's his air time?" :p But I do prefer waiting to listen to your show throughout the work week. Sort of like a treat from all the usually stuff that's on the local radio.

I know those commutes would suck. I did something like that for 3-years working 12 hour+ days. It got to the point that you become more of a threat on the road because of the lack of sleep. Needless to say, I moved closer to work and re-evaluated my schedule. If and when you do change stations, will you still be able to record your shows for the rest of us? Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response. I think a web stream might be a prerequisite for switching stations. Too many of my listeners can't tune in to the live show, so the recording is crucial. Of course, if I was closer to the station, I could do a show at a better time (like, say...rush hour in the evening). But at this point, I'd lose most of my listeners if I switched and wasn't able to continue recording shows.

By the way...I apologize for the lack of a show this week (and the announcement of that), but I had an engagement party to attend. Another two of my college friends are getting married to each other. Crazy!

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
You mean they both are getting marry???

madraven
02-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Well I don't know how things are done where you're from, but usually it takes two people to get married. So I would say its safe to assume that, since he did say it anyway :p

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I mean if they are a gay couple or not....

garçoncanadien
02-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Another two of my college friends are getting married to each other. Crazy!

doesn't appear to be gay, based on this sentence.

bt_bird_90
02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
...because never before in history has a guy had a female friend? :rolleyes:

DJ_Greg
02-06-2007, 10:29 PM
This direction we've gone makes me laugh. :D

garçoncanadien
02-07-2007, 07:46 AM
hey I didn't do it DJ

c'est pas ma faute

you should subject Zack to the Alizée bear treatment ;);)

aFrenchie
02-07-2007, 09:02 AM
This direction we've gone makes me laugh. :D
Zack is twisting all topics those last days... :p

aditya8617
02-07-2007, 11:39 AM

He is just like Bob and GP in their early days on the forum:D .

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Remember im not fat! and im tall!

O Rly
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM

What does THAT have to do with anything? :blink:

Oh, and i get your joke btw.

atra201
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
is there any radio shows coming soon???

DJ_Greg
02-07-2007, 07:15 PM

I don't think he meant to twist it. He just assumed both of my friends were men.

Sir Wood
02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
By the way...I apologize for the lack of a show this week (and the announcement of that), but I had an engagement party to attend. Another two of my college friends are getting married to each other. Crazy!
No worries. I usually check Monday mornings for a new show. Considering there was none, I've been listening to your past shows. One can actually tell how comfortable you've gotten since then. :p

aditya8617
02-10-2007, 03:06 PM

What's that suppose to mean?:blink:

DJ_Greg
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
No worries. I usually check Monday mornings for a new show. Considering there was none, I've been listening to your past shows. One can actually tell how comfortable you've gotten since then. :p

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I was listening to some old shows (pre-Alizée, so nothing posted here). The difference is painfully obvious. :D I think part of it, too, is talking closer to the mic. When I started, I was told to stay 6 inches away from it. Now, I'm probably barely an inch away, and I think the sound is better.

Anyway...barring any catastrophes, there should be a show tomorrow.

Keyman009
02-11-2007, 12:30 AM
He I am not trying to be rude... but I listened to a few of the show <x>'s and while I didn't listen to the whole thing... I didn't hear anything that had to to with Alizee?

What am I misunderstanding about those links?

Thanks

riva2model64
02-11-2007, 12:35 AM
thanks greg, for those shows:)

nurvonic
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
He I am not trying to be rude... but I listened to a few of the show <x>'s and while I didn't listen to the whole thing... I didn't hear anything that had to to with Alizee?

What am I misunderstanding about those links?

Thanks

his shows are 2 hours long, so somewhere in that 2 hour time frame, there's about 4-5 minutes of Alizee goodness. if you're patient, she'll come up. but if not, you can skip around a little bit untill you find her:p

CFHollister
02-11-2007, 01:02 PM
his shows are 2 hours long, so somewhere in that 2 hour time frame, there's about 4-5 minutes of Alizee goodness. if you're patient, she'll come up. but if not, you can skip around a little bit untill you find her:p

Also Keyman009, often (but not always), Alizée is found towrds the middle of the show.

DJ_Greg
02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
^ What they said. ;)

Show 51 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show51.mp3)

neoteny
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
i think youre last show sucked. thats why i liked it so much. i hate it so much i like it...

DJ_Greg
02-11-2007, 09:12 PM
That's deep, man.

nurvonic
02-12-2007, 01:19 AM
neoteny finally went out of his mind. that's why we havent seen him around that much.

neoteny
02-12-2007, 11:21 AM
you couldnt be more wrong. im very much sane thank you. but i can go deeper man...

you know i like your show Greg. i listen to it every week.

O Rly
02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I heard J'en ai marre being played on the radio today while driving in the car with my bro. :)
It felt so weird hearing it like that... My brother was like "Wtf's up with you and french pop?" I just lol'd and kept listening.

nurvonic
02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
hmmm, good to hear they still play Alizee on the radio over there :)

O Rly
02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, it was on a programm called "Classical european hits" or something like that. By classical they meant a few years old, because they were playing a lot of songs from 2002 and 2003. But it's still great to hear her no matter what. :D

Sir Wood
02-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Awesome Show 51 Greg. Thanks again for putting up your shows! ;)

DJ_Greg
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Awesome Show 51 Greg. Thanks again for putting up your shows! ;)

Good to hear! I rather liked it, too. :)

DJ_Greg
02-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Show 52 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show52.mp3)

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9206/ohsnapqp4.jpg

Sir Wood
03-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Show 52 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show52.mp3)

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9206/ohsnapqp4.jpg
Short and straight to the point eh? :p

I noticed you've not played Tempete. Too slow for your format?

DJ_Greg
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes, I think so. However, I want to play "Numb is the New High" by Emily Haines (which is just as slow), so I might have to reconsider.

nurvonic
03-05-2007, 05:46 PM
DJ_Greg is back! welcome back buddy. :D

DJ_Greg
03-05-2007, 05:49 PM
The new job has been taking a lot out of me, so I usually just come home and sleep. That's why I haven't been posting much in the last few months. I'm not comfortable logging in here at work, at least not yet.

Sir Wood
03-09-2007, 12:31 AM
BTW, thanks for playing "Il Jouait du piano debout!" I couldn't believe I didn't have this on my playlist. :o

You've got to love Audacity. ;)

DJ_Greg
03-17-2007, 01:25 AM
I actually do have the file from last week...just haven't gotten around to editing it yet (the Modest Mouse song was skipping badly, so I'm going to swap it out for the one from 2/25).

DJ_Greg
03-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Show 54 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show54.mp3) March 18, 2007 "A contre-courant"
More ISDN problems. Every 15-20 minutes, the show cuts off, only to return 30 seconds later. It's maddeningly frustrating, because this was otherwise a pretty decent show.

Also: as you can see from the first page, I'm thinking of not uploading last week's show. The ongoing problems at our station resulted in poor sound quality, and I just wasn't pleased with the show itself.

To those who listen: thank you for your continued patience and support. Eventually our ISDN line will be repaired (I hope), and we can get back in business. Until then... ::sigh::

DJ_Greg
03-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Show 55 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show55.mp3) March 25, 2007 "J'en ai marre"

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Show 55 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show55.mp3) March 25, 2007 "J'en ai marre"

wiiiii!! JEAM!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Merci greg :D

DJ_Greg
03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Haha...totally an accident on my part. I mean, uh...you're welcome. ;) :D

TurinSZ
03-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks DJ_Greg:)

DJ_Greg
04-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Back in action.
Show 56 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show56.mp3)

CFHollister
04-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Back in action.
Show 56 (http://djgreg.uaehitman.com/Show56.mp3)

Glad to hear it!

bt_bird_90
04-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Don't cry DJ_Greg, we'll get through this!

Great show, thanks, I needed that.

...who the hell is Adam?