PDA

View Full Version : Gutted.....

Par mon paupieres
04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
.... but some good may come out of it.

As I've said in earlier posts , I am/was going to the Moscow gig in May.I was lucky enough to be due to be in Russia at the same time.My Russian colleague had sorted out the tickets and my travel arrangements were being sorted by my employers so everything seemed set ... or so it seemed.

As I learned today , due to an "incident" on my last visit to Russia a couple of years ago my visa application has been denied.Not only does this seriously mess up my work , it could mean missing out on Alizee's first tour date.Like I said ..Gutted.

Fortunately I've got a friend who works for the Foreign Office who's hopeful of sorting it out on appeal but I may have a couple of tickets going ( I'll let you all know if I do because I'd rather someone from here used them than my friend passing them to a "non-believer" !)

On the flip side , being banned from entering a country is kinda cool and makes me sound dangerous ( if you knew me I'm pretty much the polar opposite of that :))

OGRE
04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
...due to an "incident" on my last visit to Russia a couple of years ago my visa application has been denied.

La prochaine fois, se tenir loin de la Russe Lolitas:p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-23-2008, 03:20 PM
If i had a passport (anyone know how to get one in a few days tell me and i will go to Russia) already and didn't have to work then (at least i think i am working i would take them in a heartbeat) oh and get a loan in that time

if i can do all that in a week i would take them

espire
04-23-2008, 03:40 PM

Te tiens loin des lolitas russes, Ogre ;)

Ben
04-23-2008, 10:26 PM
If i had a passport
As Par mon paupieres touched upon, it takes more than a Passport to get into Russia. The time required to obtain a tourist Visa was a major factor that prevented me from going.

This sucks so much, Pop, I'm gutted to hear it too. As far as I know, you were the only North American going. But you can't post this and not tell us more about that "incident"... ;)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
so i won't be able to get it in a week? lol oh well there is always the france tour

Dark Engine
04-23-2008, 11:31 PM
If i had a passport (anyone know how to get one in a few days tell me and i will go to Russia) already and didn't have to work then (at least i think i am working i would take them in a heartbeat) oh and get a loan in that time

if i can do all that in a week i would take them

Hmm, I know you can usually get one the same day if you go to a US embassy with all the requirements, but that's overseas. I would say call your local post office; they usually handle pass ports stateside. Make sure you ask if there is a place to get your pass port done the same day; might be possible. Also, make sure you get the required size photo before going to get it done. The post office will know the size and they can probably do it for you for a fee of about $14 usually. After that, a blank check for the pass port fee which I'm sure will be over $100.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Hmm, I know you can usually get one the same day if you go to a US embassy with all the requirements, but that's overseas. I would say call your local post office; they usually handle pass ports stateside. Make sure you ask if there is a place to get your pass port done the same day; might be possible. Also, make sure you get the required size photo before going to get it done. The post office will know the size and they can probably do it for you for a fee of about $14 usually. After that, a blank check for the pass port fee which I'm sure will be over $100.
oh i already have passport size photos (lost a set for another permit and found them later), but its doubtful that i can go i need to get back to work and make some money October is getting closer and closer, but hey maybe i could get it done

wouldn't happen to already have airline tickets too Par Mon Paupieres cause then i would find a way to get the passport and visa

Alizee_is_Scottish!
04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
This sucks so much, Pop, I'm gutted to hear it too. As far as I know, you were the only North American going. But you can't post this and not tell us more about that "incident"... ;)

Location, location, location!

As long as you don't call him English.:blink:

As for incidents - might be a Scottish thing. I'm not alllowed into Portugal.:D

Par mon paupieres
04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
As Par mon paupieres touched upon, it takes more than a Passport to get into Russia. The time required to obtain a tourist Visa was a major factor that prevented me from going.

You're right I was a bit unfair with that. O.k. , allow me to explain the "incident".

The last time I was in Russia I was arrested for , now let me remember this accurately , "trespassing upon state property and impairing the security of the state".

Sounds exciting , non ? The truth is I was working on a story about corruption within the Russian domestic football league and was meeting with a source and was blissfully unaware of any risk I was taking.

However the whole experience did teach me quite a few important lessons :

1.Investigative journalism DOESN'T have to be like in the movies.

2.I really needed to improve my Russian.

3.You don't argue with policemen with big guns.

4.Even just for half a night Russian jails are as scary as hell.

5.Your wife will get VERY angry when you explain what happened to you.

The upshot is , although I wasn't charged with anything and was told nothing would be put on record , there is must be a note on a file somewhere I guess.

wouldn't happen to already have airline tickets too Par Mon Paupieres cause then i would find a way to get the passport and visa

I do but they were paid for by an employer of mine and the flight is from Glasgow , Scotland so you'd have to get here first !

Also I am still hopeful of getting in there somehow but I wanted to give people a heads up to see if anyone could take the tickets.

I'll keep you up to date though , I'll probably know for sure next week.

Par mon paupieres
04-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Location, location, location!

As long as you don't call him English.:blink:

As for incidents - might be a Scottish thing. I'm not alllowed into Portugal.:D

Thanks for that , I nearly didn't notice !

Yes I'm not North American , for indeed I am a proud Scot.

Portugal ?!? please do tell.

Par mon paupieres
04-24-2008, 08:08 PM

Ha ha.Very funny.:)

See page 1 for the real reason.

Par mon paupieres
04-29-2008, 06:16 AM
A friend of mine has just e-mailed me this :

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1047136_what_awaits_reds_in_moscow

Apparently it was in her local paper under the headline "Moscow - Violent , Corrupt and Expensive".I'm not so sure I want to go now.That doesn't sound like the Moscow I remember.

Oh wait ......yes it does.

I'll still keep trying.

OGRE
04-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Ha ha.Very funny.:)

See page 1 for the real reason.

LoL, under the Old Regime, Russian Lolitas would be considered "state property", upon which your trespass would probably lend you more than one night in jail?
:p

3.You don't argue with policemen with big guns.

A subset extension of the much more encompassing rule: "You don't argue with ANYONE with big guns".....or, for that matter....little guns. Unless, of course, your gun is bigger. In which this rule applies, but in reverse.

Rachelizee
04-29-2008, 11:22 AM
You're right I was a bit unfair with that. O.k. , allow me to explain the "incident".

The last time I was in Russia I was arrested for , now let me remember this accurately , "trespassing upon state property and impairing the security of the state".

Lol , Par mon paupieres IS Will Smith !!:D

http://img222.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=78375_enemy_of_the_state_122_81lo.jp g

5.Your wife will get VERY angry when you explain what happened to you.

Who said honesty is the best policy ??:p

Seriously though , hope you can make it in.;)

Rachelizee
05-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Hey. Any news on the Russian adventure , PMP ?

If the tickets are going free , I'm definitely interested.I'm a Chelsea fan for my sins (Pre-Abramovich I might add !) and i'm joining the visa hunt for the Champions league Final and the chance to combine with Alizee would be AMAZING.

I don't know how often you check on here , but if you could let me know soon or PM me that would be great.Alternatively if you could give me advice on getting tickets that would be awesome too.:)

Par mon paupieres
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Hey. Any news on the Russian adventure , PMP ?

If the tickets are going free , I'm definitely interested.I'm a Chelsea fan for my sins (Pre-Abramovich I might add !) and i'm joining the visa hunt for the Champions league Final and the chance to combine with Alizee would be AMAZING.

I don't know how often you check on here , but if you could let me know soon or PM me that would be great.Alternatively if you could give me advice on getting tickets that would be awesome too.:)

As you can see not as often as I'd like.I'm still hopeful of getting in to Russia and using the tickets myself.I'll know one way or the other by tomorrow.

As you probably know for the football Russia are doing an visa exemption for anyone with a match ticket but only between the 19th to the 22nd so it's going to be too late if you want to see Alizee as well.I'll PM you some useful numbers and websites for travelling and tickets.

Oh and welcome to the forum , everyone is very friendly here :)

Lol , Par mon paupieres IS Will Smith !!

LOL , and to think I thought you were going to say I was a legend ! :p

Par mon paupieres
05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
LoL, under the Old Regime, Russian Lolitas would be considered "state property", upon which your trespass would probably lend you more than one night in jail?
:p

LOL , very true ! I hadn't thought of it like that !:D

A subset extension of the much more encompassing rule: "You don't argue with ANYONE with big guns".....or, for that matter....little guns. Unless, of course, your gun is bigger. In which this rule applies, but in reverse.

LOL , true again ! I can also add "You CAN'T argue with anyone with big guns if you only understand every tenth word".:)

Rachelizee
05-09-2008, 05:48 PM
As you can see not as often as I'd like.I'm still hopeful of getting in to Russia and using the tickets myself.I'll know one way or the other by tomorrow.

As you probably know for the football Russia are doing an visa exemption for anyone with a match ticket but only between the 19th to the 22nd so it's going to be too late if you want to see Alizee as well.I'll PM you some useful numbers and websites for travelling and tickets.

Thanks for all your help , my friend and I have got our visas and travel sorted as well as accomodation but we're coming up short on match tickets ! We may have to try for black market ones ( There goes my savings !).If we can't get in it's going to be a hell of a trip for nothing but we'll give it a go.Just being there will be a buzz anyway !.

We are arriving in Moscow on Sunday and going to try for Alizee's gig ( my friend's not too keen but I'm sure I can swing her round !) cos I'm sure we can get tickets on the day.

Best of luck with your attempt , may see you there ! :)

LOL , and to think I thought you were going to say I was a legend !

After all your help I might change my mind !!:p

Par mon paupieres
05-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Well it's official , I'm NOT going to Moscow.Despite my friend's best efforts she has just told me my visa appeal has failed so that I'm afraid is that.

I'd started to suspect it wasn't going to happen and gave most of my work assignments to a colleague but as my original title of this thread said I'm gutted !

Never mind.I'm definitely going to go to the French or Belgian gigs (or even Khazakstan!) , basically anyplace I AM allowed to enter.

Rachelizee , seeing as you are definitely going to be IN Moscow you can gladly have my Alizee tickets.As I said at the start I wanted a genuine fan to use them if I could not.I'll send you a PM with my Russian friend's details.I'm also pretty sure he can hook you up with football tickets too.I'll give you all the info that you'll need.Just enjoy it for all of us !!:)

Rev
05-12-2008, 03:41 AM
Well it's official , I'm NOT going to Moscow.Despite my friend's best efforts she has just told me my visa appeal has failed so that I'm afraid is that.

I'd started to suspect it wasn't going to happen and gave most of my work assignments to a colleague but as my original title of this thread said I'm gutted !

Never mind.I'm definitely going to go to the French or Belgian gigs (or even Khazakstan!) , basically anyplace I AM allowed to enter.

Rachelizee , seeing as you are definitely going to be IN Moscow you can gladly have my Alizee tickets.As I said at the start I wanted a genuine fan to use them if I could not.I'll send you a PM with my Russian friend's details.I'm also pretty sure he can hook you up with football tickets too.I'll give you all the info that you'll need.Just enjoy it for all of us !!:)

I've been following this as it has unfolded. Sorry you can't go.

However, it's a nice thing you are doing for Rachelizee. :)

Rachelizee
05-13-2008, 12:50 PM

Well all I can say is wow and a great big thank you :wub:

I'm so upset that you can't make it yourself after giving me so much help already and I can't believe how great and generous you have been to me. Thank you for your PM , it means a lot that you could even help us see the Champions final as well.When I told my friend she couldn't believe it !:blink:

Thank you again and yes you are a legend now !!

However, it's a nice thing you are doing for Rachelizee.

Rev , you are so right.This is just about the nicest thing anyone has EVER done for me.I'm going to have to stop writing now or I might just cry..

Sir Wood
05-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Good show Par mon paupieres! It's a fine example the character of Alizée fans. :cool:

Rachelizee, I hope you get the opportunity to take plenty of photos. Be safe. :)

Rachelizee
05-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Good show Par mon paupieres! It's a fine example the character of Alizée fans. :cool:

Rachelizee, I hope you get the opportunity to take plenty of photos. Be safe. :)

Thank you Sir Wood I will.I've got my camera packed and ready I just hope I'm allowed to take it into the venue ! ( I'll keep it concealed to be sure ;))

Yeah your right PMP has been brilliant to me.What a great place this is:wub:

mibir
05-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Pretty amazing PMP, and enjoy your trip Rachelizee. Although watching Chelsea lose to Manchester United may sour your trip a bit. :p

Par mon paupieres
05-17-2008, 06:30 PM

However, it's a nice thing you are doing for Rachelizee. :)
Good show Par mon paupieres! It's a fine example the character of Alizée fans.:cool:
Pretty amazing PMP, and enjoy your trip Rachelizee. Although watching Chelsea lose to Manchester United may sour your trip a bit.:p

Thank you all for your kind words.I'm still pretty gutted but it just makes me more determined to see one or more of the Western European dates.A very excitable Rachelizee sent me a text from the airport and I'm going to call my Russian mate tomorrow to make sure that they meet up ok.As my original post said "some good may come out of it" and thankfully it would appear that it has.:)