PDA

View Full Version : Alizée needs new packaging.

Scruffydog777
04-27-2008, 10:56 AM
After watching Alizée's version of Hung Up which I enjoyed very much, I noticed something different in how I was watching her videos. I spent a lot of the time admiring the dancers who were in the video with her. I must have watched one of her other earlier videos "Alizée en concert" at least a 100 times. If you were to put all the dancers that were in her concert video in a police line up, I don't think I could pick one out, but I could describe the ones in her new video in high definition. So I think there is a problem with the way she is being packaged. Someone who is as ancient as Madonna, needs to surround herself with beautiful dancers, but Alizée is still a very young and beautiful woman. She doesn't need anyone else on the stage with her if the packaging is right.
I don't like the way she has been wearing her hair since the start of her comeback. First of all, it looks like she has colored it in some way. Then when I was at her autograph session in Paris back in december, It looked like she had put the hair on the side of her head on an ironing board, sprayed it with starch, pressed it, then sprayed on a couple of coats of laquer. It still looked beautiful as you can see in some of the pictures I had posted back then but it took away from her natural beauty . Look at her hair in her concert video. It looks like she just washed it, dried it, brushed it and walked out on stage. No coloring, no curling, no hair spray and it looked so awesome. One of her recent hairdos looked like something she stole from Jane Hathaway.
The next thing is the way she's been dressing for her new appearences. It looks like Uncle Festus is her wardrobe manager! She doesn't need to wear revealing outfits like she did for Moi Lolita in Amsterdam or J'ia pas vingt ans or J'en ai marre. The outfits she wore when she sang A contre Courant or Ella Ella or Gourmandises or any of her concert outfits looked so great.
One other thing about the tatoo on her back. What was she thinking?
Maybe she doesn't care if the audience watches her or her dancers. Maybe she really loves her new look and doesn't care if changing it might attract more fans. If she's happy with it, then that's all that matters, but I think after being on such a high plateau that she was on before, she liked to see a lot more success that she's enjoying now and if that's the case, she needs to lose Uncle Festus.

OGRE
04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
If she's happy with it, then that's all that matters,

Besides, a bit of variety in style is probably good for an entertainer in the long term. I don't know if this is planned or just a way to establish freshness in the act...if not now.....then in contrast with what is to come.

And I will re-emphasize the need to "have fun". She seems to glow when having fun.

chazkimies
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Look at her hair in her concert video. It looks like she just washed it, dried it, brushed it and walked out on stage. No coloring, no curling, no hair spray and it looked so awesome.

agree.
anyway i think she looks great too with curly hair. second best after en concert hairdo.

HelixSix
04-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Alot of these negative complaints come from not accepting that she is her own person and trying to distance herself from the lolita image that was cultivated for her. She wants to be known as "Alizée", not "Lolita by Mylene and Laurent".

GianGian
04-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Being sucessful has a price...looks like she is not willing to pay it in full.
And I disagree about Madonna...she can make a show on her own and still be entertaining.

Scruffydog777
04-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Alot of these negative complaints come from not accepting that she is her own person and trying to distance herself from the lolita image that was cultivated for her. She wants to be known as "Alizée", not "Lolita by Mylene and Laurent".
I understand her wanting to distance herself from Mylene Farmer but in changing her looks so much, I feel she is biting off her nose to spite her face.

lefty12357
04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I don’t know, I think she always looks beautiful. I am more focused on her music and her voice. I agree with Ogre, when she is having fun her performances shine. She's a 23 year old woman and I think her image should reflect that. If her career depends on how she wears her hair, then it's not built on a very solid foundation. If you nail the fundamentals such as good music, great singing and solid performances, the rest will take care of itself.

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
04-27-2008, 02:46 PM
At the end of the day, its the choice of Alizee how she has her hair, and how she is dressed. Should we really be commenting on the girl having an independent dress sense/hair style!?
I think in her performances of "Love Is All" & "Adelaide" she looks superb, and looks like she's having a great time. Surely thats all that counts? I can't see what else we can expect from her. We all love her for her music, looks and lifestyle. And if the musics good, the looks are sensational, and she's happy with her life, we should all be happy for her!

Euphoria
04-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I understand her wanting to distance herself from Mylene Farmer but in changing her looks so much, I feel she is biting off her nose to spite her face.

No woman wants the same hairstyle forever. They like to try new things, experiment. It makes HER happy, the way she is dressing is the way she wants to dress, she likes it. It seems like so many people are more unhappy with her than they are happy. If you guys don't like the way she looks or performs anymore. STOP WATCHING. For god sake's find someone else. No matter how down to earth she is, she is still a celebrity, and they change their images and reinvent themselves all the time.

Scruffydog777
04-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Christine Aguilera looked absolutely beautiful in Genie in a bottle then she reinvented herself right into oblivion. If
Alizée wants to change her looks and doesn't care wether the public likes it or not, then that's fine. I just think she enjoyed the level of popularity she had years ago and think she might like to get back to near that same level and if she does then she has a lot of work to do.

Euphoria
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Christine Aguilera looked absolutely beautiful in Genie in a bottle then she reinvented herself right into oblivion. If
Alizée wants to change her looks and doesn't care wether the public likes it or not, then that's fine. I just think she enjoyed the level of popularity she had years ago and think she might like to get back to near that same level and if she does then she has a lot of work to do.

She has made it very clear in many interviews that she is not looking for the same level of fame. Of course she wants to be successful, but shes already been the international superstar. I'm just starting to find all this very annoying. And I'll be frank, its mostly because a bunch of guys are disappointed because she didn't come back showing her stomach, or wearing short skirts and doing sexy dances, bending over where you can see her underwear. She was a young girl then, pretty much playing dress up, having fun playing a part. She has come back very sophisticated, yet incredibly sexy, but all I hear is people crying about how she isn't sexy anymore; how its okay for her to still be sexy, blah blah blah. Shes had a child, geez get over it already. If you aren't happy with her, I suggest you stop listening to her and wishing she was who she used to be. Because, for now SHES NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

Just a Guest
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
She has made it very clear in many interviews that she is not looking for the same level of fame. Of course she wants to be successful, but shes already been the international superstar. I'm just starting to find all this very annoying. And I'll be frank, its mostly because a bunch of guys are disappointed because she didn't come back showing her stomach, or wearing short skirts and doing sexy dances, bending over where you can see her underwear. She was a young girl then, pretty much playing dress up, having fun playing a part. She has come back very sophisticated, yet incredibly sexy, but all I hear is people crying about how she isn't sexy anymore; how its okay for her to still be sexy, blah blah blah. Shes had a child, geez get over it already. If you aren't happy with her, I suggest you stop listening to her and wishing she was who she used to be. Because, for now SHES NOT GOING TO CHANGE.
Touché ! :)

Scruffydog777
04-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Qoutoed from just a guest I'll be frank, its mostly because a bunch of guys are disappointed because she didn't come back showing her stomach, or wearing short skirts and doing sexy dances, bending over where you can see her underwear. "

I know there are numerous people who like her because she has worn such revealing outfits. But to assume most of the people in here have that attitude is incredibly stupid or maybe I'm totally nieve. She looked incredibly beautiful in all her earler videos. A Contre Courant on 2003-10-25 - Dans La Lumiere, where she wore a plaid skirt with striped pants. Her performance of Moi Lolita on 2003-03-08 on Tubes de Toujours where she wore a shirt and slacks with no belly or legs showing. Her singing Parler tout bas on stars a domicile in 2001, again with no belly or legs showing. She looked incredibly, increidbly beautiful in this video. I can't beleive you went in that direction

Scruffydog777
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Touché ! :)

Sorry but this was deleted due to anger management

Martin
04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
So far she is giving me the impression that music and performing isnt her priority. She just doesnt seem to enjoy it as much as back in 2003-4. And thats funny because back then she was a puppet in MF and LB hands, or at least this is what we were lead to believe. What made me fall in love with her was that innocence, joy, mystery and sexiness that radiated form her. I also loved that direct impact she had. Simple, yet powerful just like her monocolored concert costumes. Pure, sexy, romantic, melancholic.. a solid and whole profile. Her whole energy was put in a single canal, multiplied and directed towards us in irresistable form. With psychedelices Alizee becomes more complex, sophisticated, less staight forward, but in the end she puts more effort with less result whereas she once had a great impact almost effortessly. She divided herself in many different pieces but this lack of focus just weakens her persona and confuses the audience. There is something blurry with her new image/album while with the previous ones I had a crystal clear artistic portrait of her. I still think she has done quite well but in her next work I would like to see more effort put in creating a solid and convincing persona and some more passion in the delivery. Passion..this is what I mostly miss from Mylene's influence, since in most of the performances/songs I've witnessed so far there is a slight absence of drive and liveleness.

lethalsilicong5
04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
aren't the dancers from the hung up video just there for all the generation performances in general? i still only look at her i liked her little heart top thing and i appreciate that she did change i get bored of the same things if done too much and because of the fact that she has changed her image we appreciate her past even more. she's growing up and wants to change her hairstyle...that's what girls do my friends are always changing their hairstyle, sorry if alizee isn't catering to you guys who like the fresh out of shower hairstyle, but now the guys who likes super curly hair are getting their turn, just know that she has done that style and it looked great on her and if u really don't like her new style u shud crop out her head and replace it with her old face in her new videos. i like how there are 3 general eras of alizee (one with each cd that she has made) and i'm excited to see what new songs or covers she will continue to roll out and more performances because those are always fun! her voice was crazy in generation duos :D

Scruffydog777
04-28-2008, 12:39 AM
I think one of the main questions here is where does Alizee want to go with her career. If all she wants to do is perform in what ever manner that makes her happy and if it doesn't please her fan base or anyone else then c'est la vie, then I wish her all the happiness in the world. But I don't think that's what she wants. I think she'd like to get back to the popularity levels she had before. But if that's what she wants, her prospects are looking about as good as the the south end of a north bound hippopatumus

Rocket
04-28-2008, 01:05 AM
I agree with Scruffydog777. I've been on a stage since I was four years old. Over the years I've taken different classes. I've had classes in management for the theatre. This is what I learned. 1.Hone your craft. 2. When you become a professional, get the most ruthless agent you can find. 3. Listen to your agent and do whatever job he/she sends you. Your agent knows what sells and what doesn't. If your agent tells you to dye your hair, you do it. 4. Once/if you make it big, then go back to honing your craft. So to sum up: 1. Invent it. 2. Package it. 3. Sell it. 4. Improve it.

HelixSix
04-28-2008, 01:36 AM
It is disheartening that these bash on Alizée threads are becoming more popular. I'd like to believe that these negative comments are meant out of concern or the want to help, but it is becoming clear that they are just out of selfishness. Some people want Alizée to be how they see fit, and if she isn't then they blame her.

You don't get to be a professional at something immediately, alot of experience and learning is needed along the way. Alizée is 23 and still early in HER career. And she won't make progress with her career or come close to being a professional in her industry if she is strictly a puppet performer or plays to the selfish desires of others.

Fish
04-28-2008, 01:42 AM
You don't get to be a professional at something immediately, alot of experience and learning is needed along the way.

While she did hit the top immediately, she's far from experienced. She got there on the experience of Mylene. Now, she's being herself, and I wouldn't want it any other way. She'll do what she wants. If she decides that she wants to be more successful, then she may follow the course of action you seem to want, but I think she's happy doing this for her core fan base. She's already been as popular as she could possibly be, what else can she shoot for but to make her own choices?

OGRE
04-28-2008, 01:54 AM
I'd like to believe that these negative comments are meant out of concern or the want to help, but it is becoming clear that they are just out of selfishness. Some people want Alizée to be how they see fit, and if she isn't then they blame her.

Most of my posts are selfish.....because quite frankly, in the looks department, there is nothing she can do to be un-sexy. Shave her head? Nope. Wear colonial clothing? Nope. To be fair, I have posted about the "dolled up" looks versus the natural look...but even with the makeup, she's still sexy.

Deepwaters
04-28-2008, 02:10 AM
But I don't think that's what she wants. I think she'd like to get back to the popularity levels she had before.

Why do you think this, when she herself says otherwise?

Being a superstar is something she's already achieved. She wants to continue her career, keep recording and performing, and a certain level of commercial success is necessary for that, but it is not necessary that she achieve the popularity she had when she was 16, and as far as I can see she doesn't want to, because she doesn't want to pay the price that she knows from experience it would cost.

Over a span of a few years, teenage girls turn into young women. That's just the way it goes, folks. Reducing nostalgia for the teenage Alizée to a lust for the short skirts and exposed navels of the past may be unfair, it may be more a wistful longing for the bubbly girlish innocence she projected and no longer does in quite the same way. But that's equally unrealistic, and it's not fair to the woman she's become.

Scruffydog777
04-28-2008, 02:49 AM
I think it's only human nature for someone who becomes very popular one day to want to keep that same level of popularity. They may go through a phase where they get tired of being constantly hounded, chased and cajoled. But once they start to fade from the spot llight, they miss that popularity. They don't like just being plane Jane anymore. A few years ago, her phone was probably ringing off the hook with people trying to book her for shows or interviews. Now it's her who's hitting the redial button trying to get people to book her. At the begining of this month, I spent 8 days on vacation driving through France. I did a lot of driving and was constantly listening to different radio stations, hoping to hear some of her music. Not once did I hear one of her songs. She is yesterdays news over there. I heard numerous songs that were far better than anything on her latest album. You people need to get something through your head. She does not have to return to being a sexpot to become popular again. That's not what I want. She has so much class and talent and beauty but right now it's being hidden in an image that's not working.

Scruffydog777
04-28-2008, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=HelixSix;99982]It is disheartening that these bash on Alizée threads are becoming more popular. I'd like to believe that these negative comments are meant out of concern or the want to help, but it is becoming clear that they are just out of selfishness. Some people want Alizée to be how they see fit, and if she isn't then they blame her.

I think it's wrong to accuse me of being selfish. I want her to do what ever makes her happy. If she decides to walk away from her singing career today, then I wholly support her. That would be a sad sad day for all of us. She has brought more enjoyment into my life in the past year than all the other singers I've seen in my life put together, so the main thing I want her to do is whatever makes her happiest. If she decides to retire tomorrow, that's fine. If she's happy with the level of success she's at right now, then don't change a thing. I'm just trying to say that "IF" she wants to reach the level of success she had before, she needs to make some changes.

Nicolas
04-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't really care about her packaging...I really care about how Alizée is and how she sings and dances.
Her packaging is the last thing I would look in a stage with Lilly dancing and singing!

HelixSix
04-28-2008, 11:11 AM
While she did hit the top immediately, she's far from experienced. She got there on the experience of Mylene. Now, she's being herself, and I wouldn't want it any other way. She'll do what she wants. If she decides that she wants to be more successful, then she may follow the course of action you seem to want, but I think she's happy doing this for her core fan base. She's already been as popular as she could possibly be, what else can she shoot for but to make her own choices?

I don't get what you are saying to me...what course of action do I seem to want?

Fish
04-28-2008, 02:21 PM
The last part of my post wasn't directed towards you, sorry for the confusion.

OGRE brings up another good point: When did she stop being sexy?

lilly
04-28-2008, 03:02 PM
OGRE brings up another good point: When did she stop being sexy?

She didn't, she just expresses her sexiness in a different way than before. Earlier it was more like 'half school-girl half lolita' type of sexiness. Now she prefers to be exude mature, less mysterious kind of sexiness.(Seen the cover of FHM featuring Alizée, or the recent hotel photoshoot.
Its just that some people still can't seem to adapt to the new her(including me, I prefer the old Alizée, but still love her nevertheless).
Maybe I think its because the new her is soo stereotype like. Lots of celebs display the kind of persona that she displays now. This IMO has put many people off, cause it just makes her less special than before.
But no celeb can even come close to being the old Alizée who was so 'ickle', and sweet , mysterious, zealous and yet down to earth.

outlaw
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM
yep...had a ton 2 say and i jus 4got it all.:) dont u just hate dat? :D lol

HelixSix
04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I think it's wrong to accuse me of being selfish. I want her to do what ever makes her happy. If she decides to walk away from her singing career today, then I wholly support her. That would be a sad sad day for all of us. She has brought more enjoyment into my life in the past year than all the other singers I've seen in my life put together, so the main thing I want her to do is whatever makes her happiest. If she decides to retire tomorrow, that's fine. If she's happy with the level of success she's at right now, then don't change a thing. I'm just trying to say that "IF" she wants to reach the level of success she had before, she needs to make some changes.

Well some others have been negative about her just because they want her to be like the JEAM performance 24/7...and I had gotten the drift that at least some of your criticisms came from wanting her to be how you see fit, especially considering the huge first post you made.

But I'd argue that we are all selfish to a certain extent...after all most of us come here quite often - because she offers different things that all of us like. No Alizée = a loss for us, and naturally we don't want that to happen.

But I'm glad we got your main point figured out. My response is that she has just started her comeback and to expect the same level of success considering she is an amateur in the industry aside from her vocals and dancing ability is somewhat unrealistic. The time to make changes was pre-release, and now she is carrying out the plans that her, Jeremy, and the others set forth. The good and the bad she has learned about will be considered and planned for in her next project.

Right now I see her climbing the mountain, and it will take awhile to get to the top. The difference is that before she had been quickly airlifted by Mylene and Laurent to the top of the mountain.

OGRE
04-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Maybe I think its because the new her is soo stereotype like. Lots of celebs display the kind of persona that she displays now. This IMO has put many people off, cause it just makes her less special than before.
But no celeb can even come close to being the old Alizée who was so 'ickle', and sweet , mysterious, zealous and yet down to earth.

Maybe it's because you're 18 and I'm 44.

To an 18 years old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is...like...."Wow!". A 23 year old Godess is like "Meh...kinda old".

To a 44 year old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is like "Daaamn"! And when she turns 23, it's like..."Daaamn"! Someday, she'll be 30, and it will be like...."Daaamn"! Hell, 50 years from now, when Alizée has a good many wrinkles and some nice grey hair....and I finally kick the bucket....you might as well put it in my obituary .... she'll still be....."Daaamn"!
:p

E468807
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Maybe it's because you're 18 and I'm 44.

To an 18 years old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is...like...."Wow!". A 23 year old Godess is like "Meh...kinda old".

To a 44 year old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is like "Daaamn"! And when she turns 23, it's like..."Daaamn"! Someday, she'll be 30, and it will be like...."Daaamn"! Hell, 50 years from now, when Alizée has a good many wrinkles and some nice grey hair....and I finally kick the bucket....you might as well put it in my obituary .... she'll still be....."Daaamn"!
:p

I like the way you think!!!! I like that. but really i dont mine her new looks. Its something new and different. It makes me curious on what esle she is going to do. I do have to say that the tattoo is really my thing. But its a cute tattoo so im ok with it. I also understand that some like her early years looks, songs, lifestyle, ect. more than her style now. At the end of the day. Shes happy about it and thats all we can ask for. Her happiness. OOh yeah and Alizee coming to the USA :D

daniel1985
04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
After watching Alizée's version of Hung Up which I enjoyed very much, I noticed something different in how I was watching her videos. I spent a lot of the time admiring the dancers who were in the video with her. I must have watched one of her other earlier videos "Alizée en concert" at least a 100 times. If you were to put all the dancers that were in her concert video in a police line up, I don't think I could pick one out, but I could describe the ones in her new video in high definition. So I think there is a problem with the way she is being packaged. Someone who is as ancient as Madonna, needs to surround herself with beautiful dancers, but Alizée is still a very young and beautiful woman. She doesn't need anyone else on the stage with her if the packaging is right.
I don't like the way she has been wearing her hair since the start of her comeback. First of all, it looks like she has colored it in some way. Then when I was at her autograph session in Paris back in december, It looked like she had put the hair on the side of her head on an ironing board, sprayed it with starch, pressed it, then sprayed on a couple of coats of laquer. It still looked beautiful as you can see in some of the pictures I had posted back then but it took away from her natural beauty . Look at her hair in her concert video. It looks like she just washed it, dried it, brushed it and walked out on stage. No coloring, no curling, no hair spray and it looked so awesome. One of her recent hairdos looked like something she stole from Jane Hathaway.
The next thing is the way she's been dressing for her new appearences. It looks like Uncle Festus is her wardrobe manager! She doesn't need to wear revealing outfits like she did for Moi Lolita in Amsterdam or J'ia pas vingt ans or J'en ai marre. The outfits she wore when she sang A contre Courant or Ella Ella or Gourmandises or any of her concert outfits looked so great.
Maybe she doesn't care if the audience watches her or her dancers. Maybe she really loves her new look and doesn't care if changing it might attract more fans. If she's happy with it, then that's all that matters, but I think after being on such a high plateau that she was on before, she liked to see a lot more success that she's enjoying now and if that's the case, she needs to lose Uncle Festus.

Uncle Festus! :D

LMAO! :p

That's great.

... and so true.

Thank you for summing up what I have been thinking (but couldn't quite put in to the right words) for a long time.

I am not trying to be nasty to anyone, so please don't get all psycho if you don't like what I'm about to say, but there really are too many people on this site who will say that every new freaky image is great.

She could wear a green and pink stripy top with multi coloured spots, pink jeans with a fake donkey tail coming out the backside, and have bright orange spikey hair... and some die hard nut on this site would say:

WOW! :eek:

I love her new image... she's such an individual... I really appreciate the way she's expressing herself :p

I think she's more sexy now with spikey hair than back in the lolita days :wub:

C'mon! Bring back the old image. Boo hoo right back atcha to all the haters of this comment.

I love Alizee and I will die a happy man if I get to spend just one day with a girl half as amazing as her. :) And I really mean that.

But this new image sucks. She was not a puppet before with mylene. She was a goddess, a goddess that mylene brought to the world stage.

A goddess that unfortunately, has become hidden, without her guiding light (MF & LB).

There I'm done. Bring on the hatred. :p

HelixSix
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I am not trying to be nasty to anyone, so please don't get all psycho if you don't like what I'm about to say, but there really are too many people on this site who will say that every new freaky image is great.
So what freaky images are you talking about? Because I really don't think you can find one that is even close to freaky.

She could wear a green and pink stripy top with multi coloured spots, pink jeans with a fake donkey tail coming out the backside, and have bright orange spikey hair... and some die hard nut on this site would say:

WOW! :eek:

I love her new image... she's such an individual... I really appreciate the way she's expressing herself :p

I think she's more sexy now with spikey hair than back in the lolita days :wub:

What you just said is based on a point that isn't there. She hasn't dressed in anything crazy, and the only pattern I've noticed is that she isn't wearing skin tight clothes.

So if we respect her for having a mature sense of style that differs from the majority of the artists who run around in skimpy outfits we are a "die hard nut"?

C'mon! Bring back the old image. Boo hoo right back atcha to all the haters of this comment.

Basically your saying "Alizée, screw your ambitions, style, work you've done over the years, and personal music taste, forget about your own journey and go back to being somebody else's project".

I love Alizee and I will die a happy man if I get to spend just one day with a girl half as amazing as her. :) And I really mean that.

But this new image sucks. She was not a puppet before with mylene. She was a goddess, a goddess that mylene brought to the world stage.

A goddess that unfortunately, has become hidden, without her guiding light (MF & LB).

I really don't think you love her, because if you did then you'd respect her decision to come back with her own act. This is what I'm talking about with people being selfish...in between their praise and comparison of Alizée to a goddess (or something of the like) they throw in insults to the character of the very same person they praised for things other than character. This only shows that it's not love for her, but love for the past goddess image that wasn't even her own.

And you have it completely backwards when you say she has become hidden without MF and LB. Her image was cultivated by Mylene and Laurent, we only saw part of the real Alizée because the rest was hidden for business/image purposes. Now she has taken the veil off and we are actually seeing/hearing the real Alizée (because she is in control) and people like you say she is hidden.

Plus if you say "this new image sucks" you are basically saying that Alizée sucks. Because what she has worked on over the years and what we are seeing is her. It is something that a person would say who has their own best interests in mind rather than hers.

Max
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
C'mon! Bring back the old image.

The old image is dead. The life of image (any image) is short.

You can't expect an artist to sing the same old songs in the same old outfits forever.

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 12:34 AM
The old image like you say is probably dead and buried, and the new image is in i.c.u.

Euphoria
04-29-2008, 01:41 AM
The old image like you say is probably dead and buried, and the new image is in i.c.u.

Honestly, what is wrong with her new image?! I don't understand at all. Okay, shes not wearing skimpy outfits anymore, but she still dresses sexy for a woman her age. She has grown up, has a child, and even though she is in great shape, I doubt she'd feel comfortable wearing the old outfits now.

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Honestly, what is wrong with her new image?! I don't understand at all. Okay, shes not wearing skimpy outfits anymore, but she still dresses sexy for a woman her age. She has grown up, has a child, and even though she is in great shape, I doubt she'd feel comfortable wearing the old outfits now.

She doesn't have to wear anything skimpy to look good. But she should pick out dresses that look like they weren't designed in the same neighborhood where they filmed Deliverance. That dress with the heart on it looked like a 4 year old girl who overdosed on ridlin designed it. She could still wear the same style of dresses and still look much better. Just have someone design them, who knows what they're doing.

ciarac77
04-29-2008, 01:26 PM
She doesn't have to wear anything skimpy to look good. But she should pick out dresses that look like they weren't designed in the same neighborhood where they filmed Deliverance. That dress with the heart on it looked like a 4 year old girl who overdosed on ridlin designed it. She could still wear the same style of dresses and still look much better. Just have someone design them, who know what they're doing.

I've only really skimmed this thread, and I don't mean to reduce your argument to a single statement or anything, but for the sake of me understanding after that last post, is this whole thing just about you thinking she has bad taste in clothes?

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I've only really skimmed this thread, and I don't mean to reduce your argument to a single statement or anything, but for the sake of me understanding after that last post, is this whole thing just about you thinking she has bad taste in clothes?

Not at all, I've made several entries into this thread. If you want to know what it's all about, you have to go back to the first posting and start from there. My fingers are about to fall off at this point otherwise I'd give you a detailed explanation.

ciarac77
04-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Not at all, I've made several entries into this thread. If you want to know what it's all about, you have to go back to the first posting and start from there. My fingers are about to fall off at this point otherwise I'd give you a detailed explanation.

That's not necessary. But, you're saying that you don't like the design of her clothes, her current hairstyle, or her tattoo, and that if success is important to her, she should consider changing her "packaging" which includes those things because otherwise she won't be popular (or as popular as she may want to be) again...right?

brad
04-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Sounds to me like Scruffy was a big fan of the 'clean' and 'innocent' lolita image. (with some short skirts mixed in).

now she has a more adult and tinkerbell wielding tattoo image. maybe that violates your 'internal image' of her, but i personally think she is better than ever.

i do see where you are coming from, but i think you need to realize she will never be 16 yrs old again if that is what you are getting at. (and i don't think she can scrub that tattoo off her back anytime soon) :p

dreamer
04-29-2008, 06:15 PM
I like the new Alizée. To be perfectly honest, I was more attracted to the old one too but the new one seems more real so that's ok. And she will never go back, so stop dreaming.
You're right about her clothes though. She doesn't have to wear more revealing outfits but more tasteful would be nice.
Her hair keeps changing so we can't really judge her on that. I liked the curls but the MCE hairstyle was best, it suited her best.:blink::wub:

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
You people have absolutely no idea where I'm coming from. One thing I just realized from reading through my own threads is I spend most of my time listening to her. Everytime you hear that someone posts a letter in here, saying they're unhappy with the new Alizee, you automatically assume it's someone who wants to see her in the skimpy outfits of years past. Nothing could be further from the truth as far as I'm concerned. The songs she sang in years past had so much magic to them. I loved them long before I knew that some of their lyrics were too risquee. I loved them even if there wasn't a video to go along with them. I have numerous ringtones of her music, There's no sexy images in ringtones. Her new music has no wheres near the magic of the past.

Just a Guest
04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Well Scruffy, I'd like you to ask to read your own topic start again.
I'm not surprised nobody (including myself) is getting where you are heading for... :confused:

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM
My origional posting said her presentl packaging is terrible. My latest posting says her music has no wheres near the magic that it had before. "If" she wants to regain the poplularity she had before, she has a lot of work to do. If she is happy with the current levlel of success she has now, then all she has to do is listen to all the people in this forum wearing Alizée colored glasses.

Just a Guest
04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
My origional posting said her presentl packaging is terrible. My latest posting says her music has no wheres near the magic that it had before. "If" she wants to regain the poplularity she had before, she has a lot of work to do. If she is happy with the current levlel of success she has now, then all she has to do is listen to all the people in this forum wearing Alizée colored glasses.
It has nothing to do with wearing colored glasses.
I see it like a puppy dog or your kid or your wife/G.F:

They are cute and adorable when they are young and playful.
But they grow older and have a different character in the years.
And I still love them. Untill they start biting / stealing / cheating.
That moment isn't there for Lili.

The adoration for her is even bigger then before because she shows she has balls and guts.

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
She may have balls and guts but that's about all she has, she no longer has the great material she had before because she seperated from Mylene and Laurent and she doesn't have the same packaging that came along with being associated with these two great artists.

Just a Guest
04-29-2008, 08:23 PM
She may have balls and guts but that's about all she has, she no longer has the great material she had before because she seperated from Mylene and Laurent and she doesn't have the same packaging that came along with being associated with these two great artists.
Oh men, we are definitely on a different wavelength.
Maybe somebody else can tune in....

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 08:34 PM
It sounds like you are on the verge of total copitulation. I will accept nothing less than complete surrender. If you are willing to admit defeat, we will not lop off your head!

HelixSix
04-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Scruffy all your doing is insulting her and us over and over without going into depth on any of it. You've made one specific comment so far, but it was just one long insult.
But she should pick out dresses that look like they weren't designed in the same neighborhood where they filmed Deliverance. That dress with the heart on it looked like a 4 year old girl who overdosed on ridlin designed it.
You can see what I'm talking about. You aren't here for any positive reason and we really can't take you seriously when everything is phrased like that.

And I don't think we are wearing colored classes by understanding that Alizée isn't going for mainstream popularity after she made it clear she was going for a unique and multi blended sound with her music.

This album wasn't meant to try and break the bank or attract the most attention, or be mainstream pop...it was a special project to explore her and Jeremy's musical tastes. We knew that from the start...yet people still feel the need to try and bring her and her supporters down.

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
You obviously didn't read through this whole thread. I've gone into depth on all my comments. I am here for a very positive reason. I think Alizée's career is going nowhere right now and I hope that she may be paying attention to this website in the hopes of learning from her fans what she needs to do to get to the same level she was at before, but let me emphasize for the people who haven't taken the time to read through this thread, that is strictly if that's what she wants to do!

lefty12357
04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Scruffy, just because you prefer the old Alizée over the new Alizée does not automatically mean that the rest of us accept as fact that the old Alizée was superior to the new one. That is your opinion and is probably more a function of your own personal taste in fashion and music, not some universally accepted system of measurement. I know of no analytical method to establish a grading system for fashion or music. One can only subjectively gage the impact these things have on one’s own emotions and intellect. Nor should one assume that their feelings are indicative of how the rest of humanity feels.

I understand and accept what you are saying, relative to how you feel. I am sure there are many who have similar feelings about Alizée as she is today. You may well be in the majority in your opinion in some circles, but many of us are enjoying what Alizée is doing right now, and if she had stuck to the old formula, we would have been denied this opportunity. You, at least, will always have her old videos and music to turn to.

I, for one, liked Alizée 1.0 and Alizée 2.0. I also like Alizée 3.0 so far. I am very happy with her and her music now. If I had to say, the MCE era does hold a special place in my heart. But to be fair to the current era, I would have to give it a few years to settle into my bones and become part of my history before I made further comparisons. Nostalgia can be a powerful feeling, and something new will not have the benefit of its power.

Just a Guest
04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
It sounds like you are on the verge of total copitulation. I will accept nothing less than complete surrender. If you are willing to admit defeat, we will not lop off your head!
You know what? It's not a matter of to surrender or not, it's a matter of not understanding what you are trying to say.
Although English is not my native tongue, I can say that I understand 99,99% perfectly well. It's the 0,01% that you speak that I don't get.:confused:

Whatever, I'm gonna catch some sleep. It's Queensday here tomorrow (today actually), and I promissed to apeshit myself big time.:D

A day to remember as well. 7 years exactly when I first got to see Lili up and (very) close on stage.:cool:
And I was impressed!!! :blink:

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
You know what? It's not a matter of to surrender or not, it's a matter of not understanding what you are trying to say.
Although English is not my native tongue, I can say that I understand 99,99% perfectly well. It's the 0,01% that you speak that I don't get.:confused:

Whatever, I'm gonna catch some sleep. It's Queensday here tomorrow (today actually), and I promissed to apeshit myself big time.:D

A day to remeber as well. 7 years exactly when I first got to see Lili up and (very) close on stage.:cool:
And I was impressed!!! :blink:

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else in this forum. I just feel very strongly in my beliefs about Alizee. I hear so many people in hear who say that anyone who likes the old Alizee must be a pervert, but then in so many postings in this forum, I see people who include as a part of their identity the video where she is kissing another girl. Does she look like she is enjoying this moment at all? or is this just more bad advice from her new "advisors". Is she just trying to be like Madonna? Like I said before, I want her to do whatever makes her happiest. Retire, stay the course, but if she wants to rise to the top again, she needs some new direction.

Scruffydog777
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM

I, for one, liked Alizée 1.0 and Alizée 2.0. I also like Alizée 3.0 so far. I am very happy with her and her music now. If I had to say, the MCE era does hold a special place in my heart. But to be fair to the current era, I would have to give it a few years to settle into my bones and become part of my history before I made further comparisons. Nostalgia can be a powerful feeling, and something new will not have the benefit of its power.

Can't you see the problem there? From her early days we knew from the first few words that we loved the songs she was singing. But now you're saying after a few years, you may decide that some of her new songs are special. We knew from day one her early songs were special. There was no waiting. What else can I say?

mal
04-29-2008, 11:57 PM
shes traumatized at how she was sold as a tart previously which in fact did her credibility as an artist not by her design but by her prodcers.

she wishes to present herself as a serious musician. what she was doing wouldnt be a problem in the us but apparently the french stopped taking her seriously due to the candy method of presentment

I loved the choreographed dances and songs.

Madonna does it and Alizee loves her so im not sure why she has a problem with it but alas it is what it is... Maybe just maybe she will return some day to her cute presentment and dance instead of just tapping.

she was trained in dance so why she abandoned this I dont know.

sigh

lefty12357
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
But now you're saying after a few years, you may decide that some of her new songs are special. We knew from day one her early songs were special. There was no waiting. What else can I say?

I don't feel the same as you. There were songs on MCE that I thought were special imediately, but others had to grow on me over time. I also feel there are songs on Psychédélices that imediately struck me as special. It remains to be seen for me how much the others will grow on me over time. There are no songs on any of her albums that I dislike. Again, I only speak for me.

Scruffydog777
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=mal;100184]shes traumatized at how she was sold as a tart previously which in fact did her credibility as an artist not by her design but by her prodcers.

Traumatized? So now she's shoving her tongue down some other girls throat! I don't think so. She's trying to become popular again by listening to some very stupid associates of her.

ggin
04-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Traumatized? So now she's shoving her tongue down some other girls throat! I don't think so. She's trying to become popular again by listening to some very stupid associates of her.

The clip you are referring to here actually got cut from the final video. It was in a "Director's cut". I saw a behind the scenes video were Alizée was rejecting the costumes (on set) for being too revealing. So she's probably the one that made the call on the cut also.

Also, if you'll notice the girl she's kissing is wearing a hood, so I doubt very much if there was any tongue. ;)

mal
04-30-2008, 12:48 AM
The clip you are referring to here actually got cut from the final video. It was in a "Director's cut". I saw a behind the scenes video were Alizée was rejecting the costumes (on set) for being too revealing. So she's probably the one that made the call on the cut also.

Also, if you'll notice the girl she's kissing is wearing a hood, so I doubt very much if there was any tongue. ;)

yep that was not supposed to be released. and the backstabbing of the poor girl still goes on. people hate success. one of her songs was released before it was done. the directors cut was posted. no loyalty. cut throat business.
so yea her three year vacation was a vacation from snakes and slime. their still around but she just bought some boots so to speak. also the french people I think are part of why she refashioned herself. I wish she wouldnt listen to them. Many french felt like she wasnt a real singer. her numbers in france kinda reflect this. shes bigger in other countries. I kinda wish she would maintain her old method but just do it in her own way.

she still kix ass when all is said and done.

OGRE
04-30-2008, 02:39 AM
I see people who include as a part of their identity the video where she is kissing another girl. Does she look like she is enjoying this moment at all?

One should not enjoy the "kiss of death".

This was an artistic moment when taken in context. If others wish to take it out of context, or play it away from its proper context....so be it. That is not Alizée's burden. In fact, I remember her very mature response to questions about the upskirt shots from here J'ai pas vingt ans presentations. To paraphrase, "Those shots were not sanctioned". Anybody can take an artistic presentation and turn it into something vulgar and non-representative of the expressed art. Those who are mature enough to understand the difference, don't exploit the art. Those who are not mature enough to understand, do not matter.

I don't know if that wisdom was imparted to Alizée by those around her, or if it grew from her own experiences. Either way, the fact it was rooted at such a young age speaks well of Alizée.

HelixSix
04-30-2008, 03:18 AM
One should not enjoy the "kiss of death".

This was an artistic moment when taken in context. If others wish to take it out of context, or play it away from its proper context....so be it. That is not Alizée's burden.
Ogre your entire post was very accurate, and the part I took out is a problem that seems to be emerging here, improper context. Some people, Scruffy in this instance, are taking things completely out of context to the point of slandering. Demonstrated by the following quote,

Scruffydog777
04-30-2008, 06:35 AM
I guess I just don't get it. She looked beautiful in the outfit she wore when sang J'en ai marre. But I guess you'r saying that this isn't artistic but kissing another girl is?

OGRE
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
I guess I just don't get it. She looked beautiful in the outfit she wore when sang J'en ai marre. But I guess you'r saying that this isn't artistic but kissing another girl is?

BOTH are artistic within their proper contexts. In fact, the J'en ai marre can be artistic even outside the context, as so much of that choreography can stand on its own very nicely, to include little show snippets. As for the "kiss of death", it really only has the context in which it was presented...under the Shakesperean umbrella. Take it outside the context, and it loses its artistry, and simply becomes another proverbial "upskirt shot".

Scruffydog777
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
BOTH are artistic within their proper contexts. In fact, the J'en ai marre can be artistic even outside the context, as so much of that choreography can stand on its own very nicely, to include little show snippets. As for the "kiss of death", it really only has the context in which it was presented...under the Shakesperean umbrella. Take it outside the context, and it loses its artistry, and simply becomes another proverbial "upskirt shot".

Well said! I agree completely. I went way overboard with my remark about the kiss. I do apologize for that to her and the members of this forum. It's just a direction she was led to go in which I thought was contrary to her wanting to get away from the Lolita image.

mal
04-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Again she didnt mean for that to be published. Kissing another girl is not lolitaish. Its more on the adult side. Not all sexy acts are lolita. Im talking about the candy/pop sound with a candy/pop dance. I loved/love it. she should move closer to what she used to do but also do what she does now. But she doesnt agree and shes the one selling tons of records.

Im wondering whats gonna happen in concert when she sings jenamarre and jpva will she do the dance or just stand and sing it? hmmmm idk well see.

cocoroa
04-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Im wondering whats gonna happen in concert when she sings jenamarre and jpva will she do the dance or just stand and sing it? hmmmm idk well see .

i hope she do the dance and i also hope she make dances to some of her new songs.

HelixSix
04-30-2008, 10:06 PM
She's said she will do JPVA and JEAM?

sjcrookston
05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
This thread caught my eye and I am leaning toward agreeing with Scruffy overall. I feel like Alizee resembles much of the average pop acts today instead of the the delightfully choreographed and very catchy songs from the earlier 2 albums(especially MCE).

She looks just the same in pictures almost, in many ways more beautiful. But the youthful spirit and the way she communicated how much fun she was having is gone. I like the song fifty sixty and a few others and maybe ya know she will actually dance for those...I'm not holding out much hope for that.

What I am hoping for, is a delightful high quality version of JEAM or JPVA or something where I hope she remembers how to dance again.

Rev
05-04-2008, 03:53 AM
I don't know if that wisdom was imparted to Alizée by those around her, or if it grew from her own experiences. Either way, the fact it was rooted at such a young age speaks well of Alizée.

She is an old soul. However, I'm sure Mylene probably had practice sessions with her on how to handle the unexpected.

This thread caught my eye and I am leaning toward agreeing with Scruffy overall. I feel like Alizee resembles much of the average pop acts today instead of the the delightfully choreographed and very catchy songs from the earlier 2 albums(especially MCE).

She looks just the same in pictures almost, in many ways more beautiful. But the youthful spirit and the way she communicated how much fun she was having is gone. I like the song fifty sixty and a few others and maybe ya know she will actually dance for those...I'm not holding out much hope for that.

What I am hoping for, is a delightful high quality version of JEAM or JPVA or something where I hope she remembers how to dance again.

I also have to agree somewhat. The magic she had before has yet to fully emerge again. I'm sure it's still there, but she is too busy saying "I'm not that" (referring to the old image) to allow a new image to fully emerge.

Hopfully, she will get past it. M & L had a talent for presenting her in a way that grabbed the audience, and dancing was a big part of it. And when she was on stage she always "went for it" 110%, something that all appreciated.

She needs to keep working at connecting with her audiance, and reincorporating dancing into her performances. She loves to dance and is good at it.

She has sufficiently distanced herself from the old image, it's time to being the dancing back. And yes, I do mean including a sensuality in it. Her audiance is used to her "grabbing" them, letting them adore her. She needs to get on stage and get that "wow" reaction from them again. By this I am not suggesting she go out and do JEAM. However, when she gets on stage and starts moving with some sensuality while doing a performance she has practiced until she has EVERY nuance down cold, her natural beauty and elegance really shines thru in a way that few performers have the ability to do.

Regarding the album, this album has been a good experiment for her, letting her try several new styles, but its lack of being mostly one style is probably hurting her. There is something for everyone, but people don't buy an album for one or two songs. However, as an experiment, it serves the purpose. She will get a sense of what is working for her and what isn't as she goes on tour, and how well what works matches what she resonates with, and then she needs to get back in the studio.

Scruffydog777
05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
entered in error

Alizee Nation
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Scruffydog777 I enjoyed your comments. It was very entertaining. I hear what you are saying. But really, Jane Hathaway and Uncle Fester, geez you're an old. Of course, that I had to chuckle at those 60's genre comments does not make me the youngest in this forum. Barbara Eden would have been even more popular if she would have always wore her genie outfit too. It appears some can't decide what they are watching, the old Alizee disappear or new Alizee the entertainer appear. Let me help with the denial process, the old Alizee is gone and you are allowed to miss her. Ron Howard now makes great movies, but you can still like Opie and catch him on black and white reruns. I feel your pain, but we must move on.

Scruffydog777
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just a Guest
05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Please change your diaper and leave.

PLEASE !
Thank you.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-06-2008, 06:37 PM
am i still the only one who like the new album better than the old ones??????

Scruffydog777
05-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Please change your diaper and leave.

PLEASE !
Thank you.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-07-2008, 12:51 AM
awe why do we have to critique what Alizee has changed about herself over the past 3-4 years? REALLY! why do we have to? it is pointless with a person such as Alizee it really don't matter what others think at least that seems like the person she is and truly i don't see why she should change because of some disgruntled fans if everyone were that way I wouldn't be here or even be a fan of Alizee but hey i really don't care what others think thats their business not mine and i can have my own opinions

so hey you don't like the way things are going good for you, but honestly you have said all that there is to say about it as far as i am concerned you had some good points and hey i still disagree with you and a lot of people i think, but whatever i am one of the fans that truly likes the way Alizee is going now compared to the way she was going back in the Gourmandises/MCE days, but thats what makes things interesting i guess

Infatuated
05-07-2008, 01:46 AM
OK...finally read all of this post and i Must through my 2 pence in.

IMO, Alizée neither needs or wants to relive past glory. There is no looking back! Forward to the NEW! Carpe Diem and all that!

She doesn't need the past heights of glory to return to her life. I feel like if she was churning out #1 albums and playing careful constructed and planned out song-and-dance routines revolving around her being Lolita. She would have sooooo much unwanted media attention. She has that now. She has a little girl to think about. I'm betting her #1 goal is to be a mother. And if she is a super-fine singer ----then bonus. I feel like this unwanted attention is what makes the LOOOONG list of burned out, washed up, young American pop stars become burned out and washed up. Or is at least somewhat of a factor. Alizée will never have a normal life for herself and her child. But seems she did a pretty good job of fading out of the spotlight for her maternity and delivery. And if i have one flaw with this wonderful performer its the (drumroll please) Lip Synching! Which she did plenty of in her past (could have been the shows she was on, could have been Farmer and Boutonnat influences), She has great singing chops and i would love to see her lip synch less in her performances. I've not yet watched enough of her appearances since she made her come back to know for sure if this is the case. I'm hoping to watch as many of the videos on this site as soon as possible.

Anyway i'm getting off the point here. And my point was that there is no need to revisit the Lolita imagery. Who knows, if she were to actually go back to that you may like it even less than the "new image".

This thread has *almost* completed my decision from a previous post (if you haven't read that and voted on what album I should buy first, then go do so please!:) ) and convinced me to buy Psychédélices first. I do love MJ and 50/60! :wub::wub::wub:

DesertFox
06-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Hope i dont get burned by this. Its been a while since i posted something but i usually do when i think its worth it.

I must say that Alizee made a great team with his husband. The music is great, most of the album i would say is A+. So music "check".

Promotion and company support. Well, shes gonna be traveling a lot, listened to her on radio a lot. Her company is doing a great job to. "check".

No, here goes the bad part. Her live performances are really BAD. I love the songs, lyrics, etc...but why doesnt she MOVE!!! it doesnt have to be sexy outfit! or a suggestive dance like JMARRE, just DANCE DANCE DANCE...music and dance go together most of the time...Alizee started dancing first, shes loved doing it, but in recent videos i see her nailed to the ground..."#$$%&$%& whats going on!!! let her dance darn it! the live performance need this and shes got a whole steam roll of ticket sales in concerts. Music is great, but she needs to control the scenario, move around, smile to fans, wink, etc, check the En Concert DVD youll see what i mean...in a sentence, "Alizee needs to dance more on stage (anyway she wants it but more movement) and control the scenario, move here, there, smile, air guitar, etc, show that shes enjoying it!!! cause she is, she loves dancing more than singing...

Im a real fan of her, i love all her music, old and new, but i must say she needs help as clearly Matrix put in YouTube, she needs to put some moves on those songs, any moves she likes, but MOVES! i dont like seeing here still, nailed to the ground.

Thanks.

Tical 808
06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
You should watch her newest performance.

ALS
06-08-2008, 07:13 PM
It's the heels. If she starts dancing in 5 inch heels she might either fall on her face or break an ankle.
She is women it is more important to wear stylish shoes than worry about her personal safety or dance for the audience.

I've already had this discussion on AA. What the hell was Jeremy or her manager thinking letting her go on stage with heels that tall?

DesertFox
06-08-2008, 07:14 PM
¿Which one friend? Where, how, link plz!!!!

:) I agree on the heels thing. More balance, less heels.

Chommpers
06-08-2008, 07:14 PM
This has been talked about a lot, I don't think you have seen her most recent performance of MJ go watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma16HbrnFaA (Make sure you click the button to improve the video quality). She has made some major improvements in her performance and she is all over the place in this video. :D Here is where the video is being discussed and where you will find the download links http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3781.

ALS
06-08-2008, 07:15 PM
You should watch her newest performance.

There are no sky high heels and that is why she works well on the stage.:D

SilentFox
06-08-2008, 07:21 PM
This has been talked about a lot, I don't think you have seen her most recent performance of MJ go watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma16HbrnFaA. She has made some major improvements in her performance and she is all over the place in this video. :D

That is the very first performance ive seen in awhile that she has actually moved! I love it! :D

DesertFox
06-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Hmmm...ok, hadnt seen that video. Its better, but it needs improvements, heres why.

1.- One-Two step performance is great for an amateur dancer...Alizee is a PRO DANCER, i dont know why shes holding back...

2.- One thing is casual spontaneous dance, the other one a well rehearsed dance for a concert, shes needs coregraphy dance on at least 4 of her main songs (id go for 50/60, Lily Town, M Juliette, Decollage). By coreography i mean just that, like in the JMarre song, Not twenty.

Thanks for the link, that video is GREAT! its like fresh air, but she can do way better than that, i trust in her dance, shes a PRO since childhood.

Great shes working on it, give me hopes that she can do great things...by the way, sound and voice where awesome.

P.S.- Just so that you guys realize how important dance is, check some of the signatures in the forum...a lot of them have JMARRE dance...:) cheers.

Toc De Mac
06-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I would tend to agree. I think we can all agree how important iconic dances are. ;)

DesertFox
06-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Exactly. Alizee is a music/dance icon. New music is awesome and im happy that movement/dancing is getting improved.
Way to go Madame Jacotey :)

P.S.- The father of all examples. Michael Jackson. His songs are greatm but he dances like the gods. Mix them both you got a bomb...picture Thriller song without the zombie dance...it just doesnt go :)

Madonna to...She dances her *ss off on all her songs and she sings great, another great example FTW!!!

TheBarrett
06-08-2008, 08:39 PM
I must say that Alizee made a great team with his husband. The music is great, most of the album i would say is A+. So music "check".

You calling Lily a man? :p

P.S.- Just so that you guys realize how important dance is, check some of the signatures in the forum...a lot of them have JMARRE dance... cheers.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:cool:

Yaceman
06-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Does anybody know who her choreographer was? I dont think that her or her producers also invited such elaborite dances. she really needs a choreographer stat. I agree that she over does the '2steppedness' a bit. Maybe its just been tough tryin to pair a dance with her new singles.

Bigdan
06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Again , don't forget that now, she drive her own car. Which means that there's no producer who tell her what to do anymore...
For the good : She can explore new musical universe and work with new talented composers...
For the bad : wardrobe , choregraphy, stage directing, ... she does all by herself, instead of hiring pro for all those issues.

Her strategy is not clear. She want to explore underground musical environment... but she still love to be in the spotlight of major shows on TF1. She like to play in a dark, slow, 70's version of 50/60, with a sexless image, but... she's going to Mexico in a few days, where thousand of fans are obviously waiting for a sexy pop princess, full of fun and energy...

Dr Alizée and Madam Jacotey ?

lefty12357
06-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Again , don't forget that now, she drive her own car. Which means that there's no producer who tell her what to do anymore...
For the good : She can explore new musical universe and work with new talented composers...
For the bad : wardrobe , choregraphy, stage directing, ... she does all by herself, instead of hiring pro for all those issues.

Her strategy is not clear. She want to explore underground musical environment... but she still love to be in the spotlight of major shows on TF1. She like to play in a dark, slow, 70's version of 50/60, with a sexless image, but... she's going to Mexico in a few days, where thousand of fans are obviously waiting for a sexy pop princess, full of fun and energy...

Yes, and I think some of her fans are very confused by the 2 Alizées...

tbailey
06-08-2008, 11:10 PM
i think its important to find a medium b/w the two

but that's easier said than done

Zack -Alizee Lover-
06-08-2008, 11:38 PM
she's going to Mexico in a few days, where thousand of fans are obviously waiting for a sexy pop princess, full of fun and energy...

That's exactly what we are all specting... MCE Lili...

Amigo!
06-08-2008, 11:40 PM
That's exactly what we are all specting... MCE Lili...

ehhhhh from what i've read, they just want to see lili sing and perform :wub:... PERIOD :wub:

seriously... who wouldn't:wub:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
06-08-2008, 11:43 PM
ehhhhh from what i've read, they just want to see lili sing and perform :wub:... PERIOD :wub:

seriously... who wouldn't:wub:

Those are Hard core fans.. even if lili was there doing nothing for 3 hours they would pay 170 bucks... Im talking about everyone... If she doesn't improve media will burn her fast here...

Amigo!
06-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Those are Hard core fans.. even if lili was there doing nothing for 3 hours they would pay 170 bucks... Im talking about everyone... If she doesn't improve media will burn her fast here...

oh yeah... dont get me wrong, of course "full of energy" but when you have that many fans cheering you on, how can she not get excited. :)

Ruroshen
06-08-2008, 11:48 PM

I think the issue here is that Alizee's trying to balance expressing who she is as an artist now, four years after MCE, with managing her fans' expectations. I suspect her strategy isn't clear because the way through isn't entirely clear to her either. She may have had a vision for how she wanted things to go, but as the saying goes, no good plan survives contact with the enemy...or the rabid JEAM fan. ;)

i think its important to find a medium b/w the two

but that's easier said than done

Much. Actually, I think it's not so much finding a medium between the two, as finding a way the handhold her audience through the transition from one to the other. Lili's clearly not the same person she was during the MCE era--How could she be? The years she's been absent are probably the most formative of most young adults' lives!--but her fans weren't along for the ride that brought her from there to here...so naturally there's some culture shock setting in.

All that being said, I think she should be given major kudos for daring to try things like the remix video. It could have been really easy for Lili to just slip back into that sailor suit and act like nothing had changed. But wouldn't that have been a little...I dunno...cheesy? Dishonest, even? Personally, I'm glad to see her taking the harder road. She has my respect for it.

But then, I only have eleven posts to my name, so what do I know?

lefty12357
06-08-2008, 11:50 PM

You are frightening me...:eek:...I don't want to see Alizée to get burned.

TheBarrett
06-09-2008, 12:08 AM
I think the issue here is that Alizee's trying to balance expressing who she is as an artist now, four years after MCE, with managing her fans' expectations. I suspect her strategy isn't clear because the way through isn't entirely clear to her either. She may have had a vision for how she wanted things to go, but as the saying goes, no good plan survives contact with the enemy...or the rabid JEAM fan. ;)

Much. Actually, I think it's not so much finding a medium between the two, as finding a way the handhold her audience through the transition from one to the other. Lili's clearly not the same person she was during the MCE era--How could she be? The years she's been absent are probably the most formative of most young adults' lives!--but her fans weren't along for the ride that brought her from there to here...so naturally there's some culture shock setting in.

All that being said, I think she should be given major kudos for daring to try things like the remix video. It could have been really easy for Lili to just slip back into that sailor suit and act like nothing had changed. But wouldn't that have been a little...I dunno...cheesy? Dishonest, even? Personally, I'm glad to see her taking the harder road. She has my respect for it.

But then, I only have eleven posts to my name, so what do I know?

Wisdom comes in quality of mind, not quantity of speech. You've gained my understanding as a reasonable and intellectual being, I hope to spot more of your opinions in the future! :)

chazkimies
06-09-2008, 12:12 AM
less heels please...

WindReaver
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
less heels please...

That JEAM dance you love so much? Yeah, she was wearing heels there. :rolleyes:

Yaceman
06-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Im just hoping that she doesn't shy away from a 4th album :(

TheBarrett
06-09-2008, 01:02 AM
She won't stop if we show her mature forms of criticism, and urge her, as being the collective fan, to keep going and progress through her career.

If we are so harsh towards her new projects and experiments, and our support is not felt, this is more than incentive for her to just say "adieu" and close her music for good.

It's all in the fans, you may just be one fan, but it is the fan in which Lily does this for, it may be for fame, fortune, and/or doing what she loves, but in the end she is also doing this for, guess who, the fans.

Keep her train going, legends aren't born legends. :)

Cooney
06-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Remember, dancing and singing at the same time is incredibly difficult. Even with continuous practice when in peak form, a pro will be exhausted by the end of a show just from the effort of doing both at once. The average person, no matter how good their voice or their moves, could not even do a single full-length song with the vigor people are expecting of Alizée. The breathing for each is interupted by the other.

I expect we'll see more of it from her as she keeps practicing and getting herself back in to peak performing form, but depending on how she wants to present her music, it may not be possible to do what she did before.

One of the reasons many popstars use strong backtracks for supposedly live performances is the fact that the intense dances associated with their routines do not allow strong singing, even if they actually do have a good voice and good pitch.

Fixty Sixty
06-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Two Alizées are pictured on the Psychédélices CD. I think these represent her two stage persona. As I recall, she has talked about these two persona in an interview, but it seems she was relying on the sophisticated persona exclusively in performances up until the TF1 performance. After seeing the TF1 performance, I would say her physical endurance is going to limit how animated she can be in the concerts in Mexico. If she gets out of breath, she won't be able to sing.

Yaceman
06-09-2008, 06:55 AM
She needs to do some body building. The time around Gourmondises album there are some pics where you can see her abdomin area; it's like zomg! lily has a 6pack! I like a woman with some muscle (not too much thats scary).

lefty12357
06-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I guess it’s hard for many people to accept the changes in Alizée. It’s really unfortunate. Correct me if I’m wrong, but her recent “Acoustic” performance is the first of its kind for her and I think it was was quite good. Her MJ performance the other night had a lot of energy and I think she really worked the crowd well. IMHO she is reaching the top of her game now, but it’s a new game. Requesting the fan’s creative involvement at the new site is a wonderful idea. I like much of what Alizée is doing now, but it’s overshadowed by people desiring things to be like the MCE years.

I wish Alizée had had a website and a blog or something like that so she could have kept in touch with her fans between the MCE years and today. She could have had a better chance keeping everyone up to speed as she evolved, thus making the transition less abrupt. Maintaining a presence in the world may have carried more of her fans along for the ride.

Personally, I’ve moved on with her and I can’t picture her doing the JEAM dance or anything like it now. The only thing I would say is she should stick closer to the old arrangements for the old songs. That is not asking much and it’s what most artists would do. That could buy her a lot of good will. The whole notion of needing musical arrangements consistent with the Psychédélices songs is not really important. If she gives her fans a taste of the old, maybe they will be more willing to accept the new. I think she needs to do this for Mexico, or it could turn out bad for her. Mexico has become important to her career.

chazkimies
06-09-2008, 01:05 PM
That JEAM dance you love so much? Yeah, she was wearing heels there. :rolleyes:

sorry, my bad:p
i'm referring about lower heels:)

muttonchops80
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I've played a woman in a play before, and high heels SUCK. You really can't move for crap in them except painfully forward. Standing still doesn't help. I can imagine her having to have her feet rubbed between sets(oh, what I wouldn't give to do this!). I say drop the high heels and get the girl a pair of lightweight sneakers, like nikes or something, that breathe real well. she'll be back to dancing her butt off in no time. or you may have to get the trainer from the Rocky films.

Fixty Sixty
06-09-2008, 03:11 PM
She needs to do some body building.
She's well aware of the need to build up her stamina. In an interview near the end of March she said she intended to go to a sports trainer to get in shape for the upcoming concerts. I thought she was getting a late start on that. It seems to me that these concerts are being rushed. She must have tremendous pressure on her right now as a result.

She won't stop if we show her mature forms of criticism, and urge her, as being the collective fan, to keep going and progress through her career.
She should not stop. Her moving interpretation of Sounds of Silence is by itself justification for continuing. That song is one of the iconic songs of the 1960's, and carries a lot of emotional weight for people from that era. Alizée's rendition of the song is transcendent, and I can't watch it without tears streaming down my face. She's able to do this with her voice alone, without relying on theatrics, building the intensity towards the end of the song. It took me completely by surprise since I've never experienced such a strong emotional reaction to that song with any other version including the original. It would be a great loss if she stopped her career.

lefty12357
06-09-2008, 03:21 PM
She should not stop. Her moving interpretation of Sounds of Silence is by itself justification for continuing. That song is one of the iconic songs of the 1960's, and carries a lot of emotional weight for people from that era. Alizée's rendition of the song is transcendent, and I can't watch it without tears streaming down my face. She's able to do this with her voice alone, without relying on theatrics, building the intensity towards the end of the song. It took me completely by surprise since I've never experienced such a strong emotional reaction to that song with any other version including the original. It would be a great loss if she stopped her career.

I couldn't agree more. That's why we all need to give her our full support.

WindReaver
06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Do you have a better version than the "camera shutter" version that was posted on here a while back?

Just a Guest
06-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Do you have a better version than the "camera shutter" version that was posted on here a while back?
I posted the whole audio package of the Moscow concert here
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3775&page=14

They're all in a reasonable good quality.
Approx. 200MB

Link http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=HO7BR0FQ

Yaceman
06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love what shes done on her own. She has a very self motivated attidude about her life. When i first 'discoverd' Alizée it was at a strange time because it was right after the release of psychédélices. So i never really got to experiance the 'old Alizée', if you know what i mean. I got all 3 albums at once. not knowing anything about her history, it was kinda strange to listen to her music jump after the second album. But needless to say i did listen to all of her music. I am greatful for what she has brought to the stage. :)

TheBarrett
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love what shes done on her own. She has a very self motivated attidude about her life. When i first 'discoverd' Alizée it was at a strange time because it was right after the release of psychédélices. So i never really got to experiance the 'old Alizée', if you know what i mean. I got all 3 albums at once. not knowing anything about her history, it was kinda strange to listen to her music jump after the second album. But needless to say i did listen to all of her music. I am greatful for what she has brought to the stage. :)

You're quite lucky, yet misfortunate, simple parallelism. To be in the United Kingdom, and be this immature little high school sophomore listen to 'Moi...Lolita' on the English radio after the song actually HIT the UK charts (which is a great accomplishment for any non-english song), it was a great journey to just go along with her growing up and through the albums. It was magical for me, but it also pained me, there was always a part in me that wanted to be more than just a collective fan, perhaps a friend, or a musical peer. To have that option unavailable sucks, so i'm still here. :p

DesertFox
06-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Sorry if i mispelled some words, my english is not that good considering im mexican, but i apologize. :)

I think SHE can mix song and dance, she just has to find a routine that fits with her song and does not exhaust her to much for live concerts.

If she scores big in Mexico, SHE will be adopted immediatly...but i have to agree that SHE needs to use the "old" as bait to "promote the new". In terms of music, not dancing, i am aware that shes not Mylenes dancing doll, but she has everything to make her own routines...keep it real Lily.

:)

Ruroshen
06-10-2008, 04:19 AM
When i first 'discoverd' Alizée it was at a strange time because it was right after the release of psychédélices. So i never really got to experiance the 'old Alizée', if you know what i mean. I got all 3 albums at once. not knowing anything about her history, it was kinda strange to listen to her music jump after the second album. But needless to say i did listen to all of her music. I am greatful for what she has brought to the stage. :)
I'm right there with ya, Yaceman--I actually started with Psychédélices, then worked my way backwards to Moi, Lolita...so I'd already fallen in love with MJ, Fifty/Sixty and Lilly Town before I got to JPVA, Youpidou and L'Alizée. It's kind of strange, in that it's almost like I'm a fan of two completely different artists, now--Alizée Past and Alizée Present. (Or Earth-1 Alizée and Earth-2 Alizée, for my fellow geeks out there.:D)

It was magical for me, but it also pained me, there was always a part in me that wanted to be more than just a collective fan, perhaps a friend, or a musical peer. To have that option unavailable sucks, so i'm still here. :p
Ah, but this is what Psychédeclips is for, my friend! Record something and throw it up there--you interpreting one of her songs in your own style, perhaps. I'd say it's a pretty good bet she'd see it, if nothing else, and it would definitely put you one notch above a "collective fan". Believe me, if I had any musical talent whatsoever, it's what I'd be doing, but I couldn't carry a tune if it had EZ-grip handles on it. Heck, I suck at Guitar Hero... :mad:

Sorry if i mispelled some words, my english is not that good considering im mexican, but i apologize. :)
No worries, friend. Your English is much better than my Spanish!

If she scores big in Mexico, SHE will be adopted immediatly...but i have to agree that SHE needs to use the "old" as bait to "promote the new".
Hmm, that's an interesting approach. Actually, I think that's what Lili's trying to do with new orchestrations of old favorites like JEAM, but I can see where they might not be quite "old" enough to satisfy some fans.

Edcognito
06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
She's well aware of the need to build up her stamina.

<<<snippage>>>

She should not stop. Her moving interpretation of Sounds of Silence is by itself justification for continuing. That song is one of the iconic songs of the 1960's, and carries a lot of emotional weight for people from that era.

<<<<snippage>>>>

Anyone have a link to this song/video? I hadn't heard that she had done SofS...
/emote slaphand "BAD FAN!" :D'

Thanks,

Ed:cool:

Topaz
06-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Bonjour, check PM for direct link. Then if there is sufficient demand for it, would you upload it to one of the file services; it would be much appreciated.:)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/Stage08_009.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-1.gif

Euphoria
06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I posted the whole audio package of the Moscow concert here
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3775&page=14

They're all in a reasonable good quality.
Approx. 200MB

Link http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=HO7BR0FQ

:( I was pretty disappointed after hearing those. The only one that sounded pretty good was Hey Amigo. But, I really really really don't think its because shes a bad singer. By the suddenness of the tour, I think she wasn't given the proper time to prepare..physically, vocally. They really didn't think out this tour. I can understand why they wanted it, especially after her being gone so long. But, I wish they had just given her more time to prepare. It makes me very sad that after all this she will probably take another 1-2 year break.

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I just feel so sorry for Alizée right now. Its strange but despite never meeting her I think of her as more of a friend than anything else? (Anybody else get this feeling?) I just feel so.....narked when I come onto forums to see updates, pictures and concert & performance info, and end up typing out numerous posts defending her. In theory, we should all have the highest of respect for her, if not why are we here? And if we have such high levels of respect we should be taking positives out of her performances. I've genuinely NEVER saw an Alizée video that I've felt the need to criticise, at the end of the day could any of us do a better job than her? Be a better person than her? Gain as much popularity as her?
I think the answers are obvious. I really don't want to sound moody because thats not who I am, but the recent negativity feels somewhat needless. If my view upsets anyone please PM me & you will recieve a full and sincere apology.

Euphoria
06-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I just feel so sorry for Alizée right now. Its strange but despite never meeting her I think of her as more of a friend than anything else? (Anybody else get this feeling?) I just feel so.....narked when I come onto forums to see updates, pictures and concert & performance info, and end up typing out numerous posts defending her. In theory, we should all have the highest of respect for her, if not why are we here? And if we have such high levels of respect we should be taking positives out of her performances. I've genuinely NEVER saw an Alizée video that I've felt the need to criticise, at the end of the day could any of us do a better job than her? Be a better person than her? Gain as much popularity as her?
I think the answers are obvious. I really don't want to sound moody because thats not who I am, but the recent negativity feels somewhat needless. If my view upsets anyone please PM me & you will recieve a full and sincere apology.

I hope what I said didn't offend you. I tried to say it as nicely as possible because, she deserves that. I love Alizee, I think she is beautiful and talented. Just a bit unprepared after being gone so long, and thats not fair to her. While I don't like everything Alizee does, and I never will (thats too much to try and live up to) I try to focus on the positive things. I can't even imagine the pressure she is feeling, and I truly believe that she is doing everything possible to better herself and really try to please the fans with the upcoming concerts. After I wrote that post, I thought about editing it, and putting what I do like about the tour so far, but I have already done that in other threads. I have tried to defend Alizee in many posts, but I agree, it gets tiresome. I hope I don't seem like a fence jumper, because thats not how I want to come across at all.

Deepwaters
06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I just feel so sorry for Alizée right now. Its strange but despite never meeting her I think of her as more of a friend than anything else? (Anybody else get this feeling?)

Absolutely.

I just feel so.....narked when I come onto forums to see updates, pictures and concert & performance info, and end up typing out numerous posts defending her. In theory, we should all have the highest of respect for her, if not why are we here? And if we have such high levels of respect we should be taking positives out of her performances. I've genuinely NEVER saw an Alizée video that I've felt the need to criticise, at the end of the day could any of us do a better job than her? Be a better person than her? Gain as much popularity as her?

No, of course not, but I'm not a singer or dancer myself. My art is with words. But I hope and expect that the people I show my writing to will provide constructive criticism and not just unthinking praise. Because I know I can always be better.

There's nothing wrong with providing the same for Alizée. It's the action of a friend to do so, and it's not the same as saying "you suck" or similar nastiness. Criticism should always be something a person can use, and balanced with praise where praise is due.

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
06-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I hope what I said didn't offend you. I tried to say it as nicely as possible because, she deserves that. I love Alizee, I think she is beautiful and talented. Just a bit unprepared after being gone so long, and thats not fair to her. While I don't like everything Alizee does, and I never will (thats too much to try and live up to) I try to focus on the positive things. I can't even imagine the pressure she is feeling, and I truly believe that she is doing everything possible to better herself and really try to please the fans with the upcoming concerts. After I wrote that post, I thought about editing it, and putting what I do like about the tour so far, but I have already done that in other threads. I have tried to defend Alizee in many posts, but I agree, it gets tiresome. I hope I don't seem like a fence jumper, because thats not how I want to come across at all.

Not at all =)
It was more of a response to the title but more of a general response to the attitude of people at the moment rather than a singling out of any one post from any one thread. As previously stated, I couldn't tell you why, but I see her as a friend, and if people bad mouth your friends you HAVE to jump to there defence. I have such a strong feeling towards Alizée, as her music has helped me through bad times on more than 1 ocassion then I see it as a duty to help people respect & believe in her as I do myself.
I also try & get more people into her wherever possible to help boost her career, thats a bit more far-fetched, but my 1st goal is in no way impossible.

Just a Guest
06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
:( I was pretty disappointed after hearing those. The only one that sounded pretty good was Hey Amigo.
That's too bad to hear.
I was terrified after listening and watching all those distorted phone video's and not sure about the vocal qualities.
But those audiofiles (although still crappy...) were a relief to me.;)

It was a shame though that a song like AMD was literally raped i.m.o.:(

Euphoria
06-10-2008, 07:32 PM
That's too bad to hear.
I was terrified after listening and watching all those distorted phone video's and not sure about the vocal qualities.
But those audiofiles (although still crappy...) were a relief to me.;)

It was a shame though that a song like AMD was literally raped i.m.o.:(

I'm thinking it was just the quality of the audio, because I had seen some videos where it didn't sound like that. Or maybe it was just a different concert, there were a couple. It also sounded like she was having problems hearing herself.

Just a Guest
06-10-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm thinking it was just the quality of the audio, because I had seen some videos where it didn't sound like that. Or maybe it was just a different concert, there were a couple. It also sounded like she was having problems hearing herself.
We are talking about the Moscow concert, don't we?:confused:
And that's the only one there has been till so far.
(except for the NRJ music tour one in Genève, which was P.B unfortunately)

Euphoria
06-10-2008, 07:44 PM
We are talking about the Moscow concert, don't we?:confused:
And that's the only one there has been till so far.
(except for the NRJ music tour one in Genève, which was P.B unfortunately)

Ahhh, okay. I haven't looked at the tour dates in a while. I thought there were two concerts in Moscow, but thats coming up in Mexico, my mistake.

Edit: I'm listening to all of them again, I was literally falling asleep at my pc last night from the medicine I took. They sound much better lucid. :P Anyways, L'effet sounded great (I skipped that one before) Lilly Town, and the reorchestrated L'alize is amazing. The only one that sounded bad was Psychédélices, I could barely listen to all of it, I'm thinking that was because of sound issues though. I know she'll do better next time though, I really wish I could see her perform.

Just a Guest
06-10-2008, 07:51 PM
C'est ok. ;)

lefty12357
06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Its strange but despite never meeting her I think of her as more of a friend than anything else? (Anybody else get this feeling?)

Most definitely, it is how I feel too.

TheBarrett
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Ah, but this is what Psychédeclips is for, my friend! Record something and throw it up there--you interpreting one of her songs in your own style, perhaps. I'd say it's a pretty good bet she'd see it, if nothing else, and it would definitely put you one notch above a "collective fan". Believe me, if I had any musical talent whatsoever, it's what I'd be doing, but I couldn't carry a tune if it had EZ-grip handles on it. Heck, I suck at Guitar Hero...

I wonder if Alizée would like a 15 minute version of Mademoiselle Juliette, complete with a synth/sitar intro, an epic keyboard and an epic guitar solo, and... :p

Topaz
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Euphoria, I am glad you recovered these links. My upload speed, how do you say it/. Sucks.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/beachmdg.jpg http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-1.gif

DesertFox
06-19-2008, 08:39 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOME ONE PLZ LOCK THIS THREAD! No point going on, Mexico concerts are GREAT! :)

Thanks. :)

wildfire
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
here's a montage of her mexican performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7snFqjPb2Q

I don't mind the re-interpretations of her older songs.... she still has her spunk... and nose scrunches!

...and I wish this was available as a proper DVD so we can all watch it as it was meant to be watched...

however what I liked about her "En Concert" DVD was her up there with her entourage of dancers and back up singers.. she had such chemistry with them.. I luv that DVD.. I even prefer the song in the live version... She really seemed like a performer with her possee...

Ironically, Psychadelices would have been an interesting album to offer a mix of back up singer/dancers AND the more intimate performance she gave,,

However, it was a personal album for her and perhaps when looked back, folks will see this as a performance that was more personal. I do luv the harlequin stuff.. very "french"... but like I said without a DVD to watch you miss most of their performances and nuances...

good luck to either way...

TheBarrett
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Hehe.
Tis the age of Necromancers.
Wasabi, Fall, and wildfire, you are discovering goldmines and coalmines all at the same time. :)

IncliningPizza
09-20-2009, 08:11 PM
My favorite song off of Psychédélices is and always will be Par Les Paupières. Her voice has never sounded more magical on any song that she has ever done. That's just me, I don't know about the rest of you.

But if you see any of the performances of Par Les Paupieres in 2008, you'll notice - especially during the chorus - that she can't hit those notes.

I mean, I know that she uses a lot of technical work to make her voice sound the best it can, but when you realize that she can't hit certain notes when she performs, it's depressing. And you wonder where that voice went back when she was 19.

By the way, in terms of her moving around on stage, I completely agree. She doesn't have to dance if she doesn't want to. I don't even care about her outfits either. She can still wear that ridiculous coat that she wears during most of her performances, and I'll still call it more angelic than ice cream on the hottest day. I don't care!

Just move with the music!

If you want to sit like the thinker statue, and let a bunch of interpretive dancer clowns do the robot, I'm not happy. We're here for her! I want to see Alizée jumping up and down to Mademoiselle Juliette, and I want to headbang harder than the most hardcore AC/DC fan listening to Thunderstruck!

Who agrees? I mean, JEEZ! She danced more in that video of her singing Ma Prière by Axelle Red when she was 15 years old, then she does now!

lefty12357
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I've thought about it a long time and I have to agree. In my opinion, PLP is not only the best song on Psych, but I think it could give any of her previous "best" songs a serious challenge. I think PLP comes about as close to perfect as you can get for an Alizée song and should have been the third single.

My first 2 choices for singles on Psych were Fifty Sixty and Lillytown. Fifty Sixty just sounds like a single to me and Lillytown seemed to be fun, energetic and well liked by most people.

As far as live singing goes, I think Alizée has a narrow band of air pressure where her voice works well. It's easy for her to stay in that band in the studio environment. Live, she has to project more and she slips out of that band and her vocal chords go a little nuts on her. For the most part, I accept this about her. That's how her voice box is constructed. If it was any different she would sound different on her albums and we would lose the voice we know and love. Having said that, I know with practice and hard work she has done better live singing in the past. I hope she's been working a bit harder on it this time around.

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 10:17 PM
here's a montage of her mexican performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7snFqjPb2Q

interesting stage setup.. she has like a bedroom setup?

cute how she moves around the bed and desk and such. :wub:
very different performance than the one on En Concert for sure!

almost like different artists..

wildfire
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
yeah that kinda made me drum this up: J´ai pas vingt ans!

Moscow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfNAUnNtHbU&feature=related

En Concert DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1yh-1Xj5C8

Interesting how the Rocked up the song from its pop origin.. but her voice sounds off.. however you can't compare her More to the point.. the song is SO iconic with her dance... as is J'en ai marre! I think it would be so kewl if she sang i with her own interpretation as she does, but with back up dancers kinda mirroring what she did. The whole "na na na na" part lost so much steam with the rock version. Plus to deny men that dance... oh thats cruel! I don't dislike it, its just different.. This song is about youth and energy... I think thats what the fans miss.. Intimacy is great with a song, but this song is about being young and bombastic....

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 10:53 PM
yeah that kinda made me drum this up: J´ai pas vingt ans!

Moscow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfNAUnNtHbU&feature=related

En Concert DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1yh-1Xj5C8

Interesting how the Rocked up the song from its pop origin.. but her voice sounds off.. however you can't compare her More to the point.. the song is SO iconic with her dance... as is J'en ai marre! I think it would be so kewl if she sang i with her own interpretation as she does, but with back up dancers kinda mirroring what she did. The whole "na na na na" part lost so much steam with the rock version. Plus to deny men that dance... oh thats cruel! I don't dislike it, its just different.. This song is about youth and energy... I think thats what the fans miss.. Intimacy is great with a song, but this song is about being young and bombastic....

the difference between them.. i can cry! :(

she does sound quite off, but then again, it was filmed with, what i assume to be some sort of cheap home camera type thing.

user472884
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Hope i dont get burned by this. Its been a while since i posted something but i usually do when i think its worth it.

Promotion and company support. Well, shes gonna be traveling a lot, listened to her on radio a lot. Her company is doing a great job to. "check".

No, here goes the bad part. Her live performances are really BAD. I love the songs, lyrics, etc...but why doesnt she MOVE!!! it doesnt have to be sexy outfit! or a suggestive dance like JMARRE, just DANCE DANCE DANCE...music and dance go together most of the time...Alizee started dancing first, shes loved doing it, but in recent videos i see her nailed to the ground..."#$$%&$%& whats going on!!! let her dance darn it! the live performance need this and shes got a whole steam roll of ticket sales in concerts. Music is great, but she needs to control the scenario, move around, smile to fans, wink, etc, check the En Concert DVD youll see what i mean...in a sentence, "Alizee needs to dance more on stage (anyway she wants it but more movement) and control the scenario, move here, there, smile, air guitar, etc, show that shes enjoying it!!! cause she is, she loves dancing more than singing...

Im a real fan of her, i love all her music, old and new, but i must say she needs help as clearly Matrix put in YouTube, she needs to put some moves on those songs, any moves she likes, but MOVES! i dont like seeing here still, nailed to the ground.

Thanks.

I'm too tired to read all seven pages....

The reason she doesn't dance all that much anymore is her health, she has spinal problems (I don't remember specifically, scoliosis or arched back or something) which prevent her from doing back-flips through flaming hoops like she used to. Also, I'm sure the effects of pregnancy/child birth changes how your body moves... so Annily could have taken some of her dancing skills with her on the way out

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM

The reason she doesn't dance all that much anymore is her health, she has spinal problems (I don't remember specifically, scoliosis or arched back or something) which prevent her from doing back-flips through flaming hoops like she used to. Also, I'm sure the effects of pregnancy/child birth changes how your body moves... so Annily could have taken some of her dancing skills with her on the way out

what?! so then i was right about her having back problems?
and as for birth causing problems, i mean, unless she had a very bad pregnancy, im sure she should be fine. she gave birth very young, so i doubt that birth had that bad of an impact.

seriously. i know people who've given birth but still pass the APFT fine!

Lerxst
09-20-2009, 11:09 PM

I've heard that excuse before but I'm not sure I buy it. I think it has more to do with her trying to distance herself as much as possible from her old image. She seems to have gone to great lengths to "de-sexualize" her image in the last few years.

wildfire
09-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I've heard that excuse before but I'm not sure I buy it. I think it has more to do with her trying to distance herself as much as possible from her old image. She seems to have gone to great lengths to "de-sexualize" her image in the last few years.

OF course, to a latin male like myself, you post appears like this to me, which causes Tarzan to cry like Jane with broken fingernail! :blink::D

user472884
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
what?! so then i was right about her having back problems?
and as for birth causing problems, i mean, unless she had a very bad pregnancy, im sure she should be fine. she gave birth very young, so i doubt that birth had that bad of an impact.

seriously. i know people who've given birth but still pass the APFT fine!

You might be... but it very well may be just a rumor, but if you ask me, a rumor that makes too much sense to be false.

How tall is Alizée? like 5'2", 5'3"? She's tiny! and I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure from nature's view that *petite* females aren't built for birthin'. Add a baby that is probably already a fourth of her tiny size, add a vaginal birth (I'm just guessing, though I haven't seen any midriff lately).... that has to change how your body works. Maybe her spine just went "uncle" and quit out on her. Not to be too gross, but I've had some memorable experiences on the porcelain throne that have left me walking a little funny for a little while

Would you prefer to hold a spotlight on her and make her risk hurting herself because you are more demanding? Be happy that she's still making albums after the whole Jérémy/Annily thing...

wasabi622
09-20-2009, 11:55 PM
You might be... but it very well may be just a rumor, but if you ask me, a rumor that makes too much sense to be false.

How tall is Alizée? like 5'2", 5'3"? She's tiny! and I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure from nature's view that *petite* females aren't built for birthin'. Add a baby that is probably already a fourth of her tiny size, add a vaginal birth (I'm just guessing, though I haven't seen any midriff lately).... that has to change how your body works. Maybe her spine just went "uncle" and quit out on her.

Would you prefer to hold a spotlight on her and make her risk hurting herself because you are more demanding? Be happy that she's still making albums after the whole Jérémy/Annily thing...

oh come on! wanting her to dance more doesn't mean that i viciously want her to break her back(pun) for it!:mad:

and i mean, she started off dancing didn't she? but overall.. :(

don't get me wrong though! i'm still an Alizee fanatic through and through!

TheBarrett
09-21-2009, 12:11 AM
There's a difference between feeling the song and dancing.
She shouldn't use back problems as an excuse to stand around.
My opinion states that if you can't put on a full package of a show, don't put one out at all.

So put some balm on that shit and get out there, and MOVE! FEEEL! :)

wildfire
09-21-2009, 12:25 AM

from the translation page from an MCE era interviw:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50603&postcount=36

"Do you do sports regularly?

Yes, I’ve done dance since I was tiny. I’ve also been practicing Thai Boxing since a few months ago. It makes me work on my breathing. That’s great for preparing me for the stage! I suffer from back problems, I have a really arched back, so I can’t run or jump. To burn lots of calories, I follow that discipline. I’m taking classes with a particular instructor. He’s not allowed to hit me, because I’m afraid of getting injured, so it’s me that’s punching. I don’t want to go on a television set with a black eye! While I’m in Ajaccio, I train nearly every day. What’s more, this combat sport let’s one manage one’s stress well."

The Thai boxing explains her kewl moves in the "I'm Fed Up" music video :D

I noticed her arched back whenever she wore slacks or pants with an open belly... I thought it was her flattering figure as opposed a back problem.. . it really gives her a cute caboose!:D

http://img143.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-26751/loc1166/31424_00_04_41_122_1166lo.JPG

hey look I found a little waving gif!!!

http://corsalizee.free.fr/photos02/revoir.gif

user472884
09-21-2009, 12:28 AM
There's a difference between feeling the song and dancing.
She shouldn't use back problems as an excuse to stand around.
My opinion states that if you can't put on a full package of a show, don't put one out at all.

So put some balm on that shit and get out there, and MOVE! FEEEL! :)

well maybe the songs aren't designed to be felt physically like the first two albums may have been....

after all, the freaking album is called "Psychédélices/Psychedelics"... which would leave me to believe that the songs appeal more on the mental/spiritual/whatever side

Can you really dance to "Psychédélices" or "L'effet" or "Jamais Plus" or any of the songs?

-------

maybe she just plainly doesn't want to be dancing as provocatively as she used to when she was a care-free queen of the world (or at least us) teenager,

maybe she just feels odd showing off her ass on stage for us and having to go home and take care of Annily later...

wasabi622
09-21-2009, 12:42 AM
-------

maybe she just plainly doesn't want to be dancing as provocatively as she used to when she was a care-free queen of the world (or at least us) teenager,

maybe she just feels odd showing off her ass on stage for us and having to go home and take care of Annily later...

well, in that case, she did say that being sexy is fine as long as its tasteful.

i mean, it's not like she's dancing around in lingerie with pouty lips and a "bet ya wanna fuck me" expression.

TheBarrett
09-21-2009, 12:51 AM
well maybe the songs aren't designed to be felt physically like the first two albums may have been....

after all, the freaking album is called "Psychédélices/Psychedelics"... which would leave me to believe that the songs appeal more on the mental/spiritual/whatever side

Can you really dance to "Psychédélices" or "L'effet" or "Jamais Plus" or any of the songs?

-------

I'm not asking for her to dance.
Believe me i'm quite happy staring at a bunch of old farts playing their guitars.
They can feel their instruments though, I feel something from that.
In fact I feel more from that than...

In Alizée's new performances I don't feel...well much.
I don't get how she's supposed to "warm up" when she didn't even go on a real tour last year.
Pray to your false prophets that she kicks things up with the new album, you may be content with the live direction, but i've seen shit in concert that will make me squeam in boredom if that standard is not met. :p

pepelepew
09-21-2009, 01:42 AM
I would think that training in Thai boxing would require a lot of trunk flex and foot work as violent as doing a little dancing and getting her groove on. She did move around pretty good in Mexico doing 50/60 @ the awards show. She is capable obviously. I think Psyche was an attempt to be respected for her vocal talent and not for her sexy appearance. Moving away from the Lolita image. It is my impression that in France Alizee was popular mostly for her visual effect than for her voice. I think all musicians/singers would prefer the latter if given a choice and I think Alizee has pretty good self esteem and will settle for nothing less. Unfortunately in today's music climate if Alizee had the greatest voice in the world and looked more like a troll than an angel, she would have never made it this far. I still think that if she would strike a balance and at least wear clothing that complimented her all around beauty and let herself go spontaneously instead of robotic on stage, she could accomplish her goal. As we all know she is talented as a singer, charismatic, cute and beautiful inside and out. It wouldn't take much of a tweek to make all of the difference. We will soon find out.

user472884
09-21-2009, 01:58 AM
http://img143.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-26751/loc1166/31424_00_04_41_122_1166lo.JPG

That's a bad back? I thought all spines were curved like that!
http://www.yorku.ca/earmstro/journey/images/spine.gif

wildfire
09-21-2009, 12:06 PM
That's a bad back? I thought all spines were curved like that!

Thats what I say.. its more like "baby got back" than "bad back"... HA!! I kill me!!!:D

lefty12357
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, my guess is that Alizée cut back on the dancing for 2 reasons, time and money. Putting together good choreography and possibly adding dancers to the concerts would have definitely cost more money. As far as time goes, I simply think Alizée wanted to cut back on her workload. Dance rehearsals would eat up a lot of time and effort that she could otherwise put towards other career related activities as well as family and leisure time.

AlizéeDuSiècle
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
She also had a Child so that might have let her dancing steps go back for a while

Tomtentp
09-21-2009, 06:07 PM
I can't help but to compare Lili with my elder sister.

My sister is the same age as Alizée, had a baby about the same time as Alizée, hell she some how even look like Alizée at times. Point is, she went out clubbing, loved to dance and were pretty active before. After her baby she became, well, more like a mother I guess. More calm and relaxed. However she does have another bun in the oven right now so I guess she's not as mobile as she could be, but something definitly changed after her pregnancy at a mental stage.

I think this is what has happened to Alizée aswell.
She simply became a mother :P

user472884
09-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I can't help but to compare Lili with my elder sister.

My sister is the same age as Alizée, had a baby about the same time as Alizée, hell she some how even look like Alizée at times. Point is, she went out clubbing, loved to dance and were pretty active before. After her baby she became, well, more like a mother I guess. More calm and relaxed. However she does have another bun in the oven right now so I guess she's not as mobile as she could be, but something definitly changed after her pregnancy at a mental stage.

I think this is what has happened to Alizée aswell.
She simply became a mother :P

Yea, "motherly brain fluids" will do that to you

wasabi622
09-21-2009, 10:54 PM
seriously people?? come on! Angelina Jolie had a baby, nothing really changed. Aguilera had a baby, noting changed much. Jessica alba had a baby, not much changed.

point it, we can't blame it all on Annily! I think Alizee still can dance! i mean, she's been dancing a whole lot longer than she's been singing, and you'd think that with all the changes happening in her life, she'd want to stick to something she's familiar and intimate with.

ya know?

something that makes her feel younger, not that she's any old..

wildfire
09-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Wasabi, did you just compare Alizee to the three stooges of Tabloid? ;D

TheBarrett
09-22-2009, 12:44 AM
seriously people?? come on! Angelina Jolie had a baby, nothing really changed. Aguilera had a baby, noting changed much. Jessica alba had a baby, not much changed.

point it, we can't blame it all on Annily! I think Alizee still can dance! i mean, she's been dancing a whole lot longer than she's been singing, and you'd think that with all the changes happening in her life, she'd want to stick to something she's familiar and intimate with.

ya know?

Wasabi, did you just compare Alizee to the three stooges of Tabloid? ;D

Tabloid or not, he's got a point.
Those girls have been butchered and hounded worlds beyond Alizée and are still themselves after babies.

That's more than enough reason to ask Alizée to just jump a bit more. :p

user472884
09-22-2009, 12:46 AM

ya know?

maybe she just plain well doesn't want to dance that much anymore!

are you seriously going against Alizée? She could blame it on some bad shell-fish, I'm not going to get mad at her because she isn't doing something she doesn't want to. She's not controlled by Myléne anymore, so anything she does now is under her own free will with her own reasons.

wildfire
09-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Tabloid or not, he's got a point.
Those girls have been butchered and hounded worlds beyond Alizée and are still themselves after babies.

That's more than enough reason to ask Alizée to just jump a bit more. :p

Sorry brotha (yes I'm a "Desmond from Lost" fan), but I respectfully disagree: Jolie went through her Psycho blood wearing, girl schmoozing, neekid Gia movie sell out phase to "make it", Aguilera went through a rainbow of ho-ness as well as selling her kid's mug to the highest paying tabloid (thus pimpin' her kid) to "make it" and Jessica alba has bared it, jiggled it and flaunted it for her success as well... EXACTLY what Alizee DOESN'T do and why I'm a fan. :wub: I don't care if that costs her a degree of "greatness" thats associated with the definition of success. She has a family life, a balanced schedule and is doing the music she wants to do. My only wish is that her touring can reach the spectacle that it once had in "En Concert"... Brotha! :D

sort of on topic, I found this translated interview a very nice insight into the mind of this petite power house.

http://mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?t=4135&sid=299dc06c67e7e461a6f33bce97b54a54

specificaly:
"The thorny question of Mylène Farmer and the rumor saying that things ended badly between them was quickly answered: "There is no mystery, nor dispute. I'm very proud of what I did with her. Simply put, I was in the fire since I was 15, and I was 19 at the time. I was like a teenager in front of her parents. It was necessary: I had to leave the nest." She didn't fall from it. The wind of love rushed in just in time: Alizée, who had been noticed by Mylène Farmer during her appearance as a candidate on the TV show Graines de Star on M6, met Jérémy Chatelain, Star Academy contestant on TF1. The two reality TV kids fell in love, got married in Las Vegas and had a child, Annily, now two and a half years old. When we see them (rarely) together, it's hard not to see an obvious resemblance in their physiques. Their constitution is almost identical: small build, stylish hair, matchstick-like figures. You'd think they came from the same teenage country or rather from the same manga studio: sportswear and strass, tennis shoes and structured hairstyles. Same impression upon seeing a big black velvet spider on Alizée's shoulder this Halloween.

Together, above all, Jérémy and Alizée are working. "On a real blank piece of paper, I wrote some names: Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jean Fauque [Ed. note: Bashung's songwriter]. I knocked on their door, and everyone said yes." The album was conceived in a craftsman-like way, and when she felt she had obtained a final object lyrically, musically, and psychologically, when the last step was the technical mastering, she sent it to record labels. "We sent it to a lot of people. I didn't want an answer wrapped in the usual machineries. I was waiting for a human's OK. It was Marc Hernandez from RCA who gave it to me." The first single from Psychédélices is Mademoiselle Juliette, a strange mix of hippie techno and minirock à la Bjork. She's in the middle of shooting the music video, worried about doing anything "that could date it too much". The reflection is amazing on such a young face. But Alizée's youthfulness has precisely something beautiful as well as frightful, radiant as well as somber. Alizée still has in the corner of her smile the anxiety of a young woman who has experienced the best and nevertheless remains prepared for the worst. Her featherweight is deceiving: her entire being expresses a temperament of an armored young bull.

She lives in the Opera district, doesn't like nightclubs, loves Tim Burton and Prison Break, has followed all of Harry Potter's adventures as well as the heroes of Six Feet Under. She can't resist the latest digital gadgets and knows perfectly how to list the correct inventory of qualities and defects respectively in the universe of Macs and PCs thanks to her father, a computer programmer who taught her everything about the mouse. She declares herself to be very Corsican, votes there out of duty, claims no conviction or engagement and confesses candidly to the Libération: "I learned very late what the right and left were." She plays real golf, but also the simulated kind on her Wii console. She's confesses to have always been a devout Madonna fan, loves fashion, admires Karl Lagerfeld and Marc Jacobs, but judges the Hermès house "the best of all."

"For a long time I let myself be carried, and I did well. Now, I'm another person, even though I no doubt have yet to finish growing up: this youthfulness doesn't bother me." Already thinking about the next album, she starts to worry: "I can't say enough about these eleven titles that make up Psychédélices. It will be difficult, in the future, for an album to resemble me so much." Yes, but for the next one, dear Alizée, it's no doubt the one that you will become that, having grown up, matured, aged, will not resemble you."

pepelepew
09-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Sorry brotha (yes I'm a "Desmond from Lost" fan), but I respectfully disagree: Jolie went through her Psycho blood wearing, girl schmoozing, neekid Gia movie sell out phase to "make it", Aguilera went through a rainbow of ho-ness as well as selling her kid's mug to the highest paying tabloid (thus pimpin' her kid) to "make it" and Jessica alba has bared it, jiggled it and flaunted it for her success as well... EXACTLY what Alizee DOESN'T do and why I'm a fan. :wub: I don't care if that costs her a degree of "greatness" thats associated with the definition of success. She has a family life, a balanced schedule and is doing the music she wants to do. My only wish is that her touring can reach the spectacle that it once had in "En Concert"... Brotha! :D

Your points are well taken and I have stated similar posts, however the reason Enconcert was so magical is because Alizee was 3 dimensional, charismatic and full of energy, expensive light and prop, dancers and high energy. On some level Alizee will have to match it to be comercially successful. The quality of her new album will also have to be up to the task. There are many unknowns at this point, but I believe it is possible without Alizee selling out, but it is a tall order to match Enconcert quality regardless what she does or doesn't do. I'm with you and have stated myself that I would rather see her disappear from the music scene than compromise her integrity or lose her perceived balanced life.

TheBarrett
09-22-2009, 01:28 AM

sort of on topic, I found this translated interview a very nice insight into the mind of this petite power house.

And with this statement you can indeed state that you want a decent concert filled with nice theatrics, great energy, and an overall environment similar to a political rally without the bullshit.
THAT'S what i'm trying to hint at, it's the key point in any REAL artist's career.

That's all she needs, well, that and doing more concerts anyway, and promotions.
She needs to just "appear", from observations here with you people I can attest that a simple 5 seconds of a day in her life will get you talking for quite a bit.
So it shouldn't be hard for her to film a chibi video of her saying "hi and new album coming up" and send it to you fans for a little bit of a momentum builder eh?

wasabi622
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
maybe she just plain well doesn't want to dance that much anymore!

are you seriously going against Alizée? She could blame it on some bad shell-fish, I'm not going to get mad at her because she isn't doing something she doesn't want to. She's not controlled by Myléne anymore, so anything she does now is under her own free will with her own reasons.

son, those are fighting words. i suggest you take them back.

Tchaikovsky
09-22-2009, 12:42 PM

The reason she doesn't dance all that much anymore is her health, she has spinal problems (I don't remember specifically, scoliosis or arched back or something) which prevent her from doing back-flips through flaming hoops like she used to.
Has she ever actually said she has back problems? If so, source please.

And BTW, what the hell is wrong with you people who are saying Par Les Paupières is her best song? It doesn't come even close to anything from Gourmandises or MCE; much like the rest of the songs from her new album. Seriously, get your ears cleaned out.

Deepwaters
09-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Whoa, whoa, back off a minute folks. I feel it's important to put this resurrected thread in the context of when it was first started.

When Alizée first started performing again with her new songs, her live performances DID suck. She lacked visible confidence, and it was as if a wall existed between herself and the audience. The nadir of this was the Moscow concert.

After that, though, things changed. It was as if a switch were thrown. She connected with the audience again. She had energy and confidence and poise. I saw it the first time she did a TV performance after Moscow although I've forgotten the exact occasion. The Mexico concerts maybe could have been better planned and coordinated and weren't quite the marvels of choreography and timing that the MCE tour was, but they were far from bad.

The OP started this thread after this change in her performance quality but without any knowledge of it. All he had seen was the early stuff up through the Moscow concert. At one point he asked that the thread be closed because he had started it in ignorance.

Some constructive criticism might still be offered, but Alizée's live performances are much better now than they were when she first came back, and panning them is not, I feel, warranted.

wasabi622
09-22-2009, 06:18 PM
omg! i had forgotten!!

with a new album, comes a new look!! right?!?! (i hope!)

so with the new album just around the corner, means new look, and new hair! :D :D :wub: :D :D (now i'm talking about hair, again :p)

what are all of ya'lls hopes in her new look?

that that the current one is bad!(:wub:), but just something different. :D

mal
09-22-2009, 08:52 PM
She has gotten a bit lazy. I love her music. I love her persona. I hate her former producers for disheartening her. But its up to her now. She idolizes Madonna and many other performers who perform. She too must perform Walking about 15 pounds overweight doesnt cut it. Not even for Britney spears...

Fall
09-22-2009, 09:14 PM
i love all her hairstyles. yes even the Lilly Mullet. Love it. I like the one she had/has for when she did MJ in Mexico and i think Les Enfoirés 09. Kinda looks like those '20s flappers "bobbed?" style. I love that. But there is this one short girl at school that has that SAME hairstyle and i go crazy when see her from behind (not like that :o she sits in front of me) with that hairdo, but she turns around and its another girl, not our Lilly :(:(:(:(:( Its torture I tell you!!! But anyways, ill welcome anything she'll throw at us. :D:wub:

pepelepew
09-23-2009, 03:24 AM
If a Universal quality dvd had been done similar to Enconcert I think a more accurate assessment could have been done. The awards ceremony was as close as it came, but that was lipsynched. Her ward robe sucked except the black awards dress was ok. I really liked Psyche,bt the masses outside of Mexico didn't get it and was not commercially successful as every fan knows. The new album will need some instant grab you by the ass melodies and lyrics to get Alizee a descent level of success. I want this for her and her fans. As long as the new album isn't rap I will probably like it. My liking it or her hard core fans such as AA fans won't be enough. It must appeal to the masses if she is able to continue making musi:)c. She deserves it and I want it for her.

Criss_pl
09-23-2009, 09:29 AM
I welcome with enthusiasm all possible hairstyles. And ya, that from Les Enfoirés 09 would be good:) But each hairstyle and colour will be a blessing for our souls hungry for new pictures:p
@Fall06
Be strong! Try to stand those tortures:p

Tchaikovsky
09-23-2009, 11:58 AM
omg! i had forgotten!!

with a new album, comes a new look!! right?!?! (i hope!)

so with the new album just around the corner, means new look, and new hair! :D :D :wub: :D :D (now i'm talking about hair, again :p)

what are all of ya'lls hopes in her new look?

that that the current one is bad!(:wub:), but just something different. :D

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/necromancer.jpg

Necromancer has a supernatural ability to bring long-dead forum discussion threads back to life. After having been flogged to death the thread may have been deceased for many years, and bringing it back may have scant relevance to the current topic, yet Necromancer will unexpectedly exhume the thread’s rotting corpse, and strike horror in the forum as its grotesque form lurches into the discussion. The monster, instantly recognized by all who knew it in life, seems at first to breathe and have a pulse, but, alas, it is beyond Necromancer’s skill to fully restore the thread’s original vitality. The hideous apparition may frighten away some of the weaker Warriors or Warriors badly wounded in former battles, but the thread is only a shadow of its former self and very quickly expires.

Unlike Archivist, Necromancer compulsively saves every forum message in carefully preserved archives for future use in battle, while Necromancer collects departed threads merely for the thrill of resurrecting them. Some say he performs this unnatural act out of malice, others say he can’t help himself, but no one really knows.

wasabi622
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
i really wish she made another En Concert type of DVD.. it would be nice to see some good recent concert footage of her!

most of the psych. performances i've seen have been fan filmed. (some exceptions being her performing MJ at the mexican awards thingy and such)

AND! i love her songs live!! so listening to the psych. albums live would be awesome. :D

wasabi622
09-23-2009, 03:40 PM
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/necromancer.jpg

Necromancer has a supernatural ability to bring long-dead forum discussion threads back to life. After having been flogged to death the thread may have been deceased for many years, and bringing it back may have scant relevance to the current topic, yet Necromancer will unexpectedly exhume the thread’s rotting corpse, and strike horror in the forum as its grotesque form lurches into the discussion. The monster, instantly recognized by all who knew it in life, seems at first to breathe and have a pulse, but, alas, it is beyond Necromancer’s skill to fully restore the thread’s original vitality. The hideous apparition may frighten away some of the weaker Warriors or Warriors badly wounded in former battles, but the thread is only a shadow of its former self and very quickly expires.

Unlike Archivist, Necromancer compulsively saves every forum message in carefully preserved archives for future use in battle, while Necromancer collects departed threads merely for the thrill of resurrecting them. Some say he performs this unnatural act out of malice, others say he can’t help himself, but no one really knows.

:D oh yea, that's me :cool:

Criss_pl
09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Live album from Psyche. tour would be awesome, and if it would be on Blu-ray... woah:) I miss very good quality live performances from Psyche era.
And live music is always more awesome than studio ver.:)

user472884
09-23-2009, 07:19 PM

And BTW, what the hell is wrong with you people who are saying Par Les Paupières is her best song? It doesn't come even close to anything from Gourmandises or MCE; much like the rest of the songs from her new album. Seriously, get your ears cleaned out.

eh eh eh hey.... that's opinion. Everybody is going to have a different "best song" (just look at the thread I made a while back). I think Par Les Paupières is a great song, not the first one I'd play when I wake up, but still a fantastic song.

IncliningPizza
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM

Tchaikovsky, in terms of musical composition, and having Alizée's voice sound beyond magical to the point where it's heavenly, I say Par Les Paupières is the best.

There is no best song by Alizée, because let's face it, we love everything she'll do.

But in terms of enjoyability of songs by Alizée, I'll be quicker to put on Gourmandises from Gourmandises, or Hey Amigo from MCE. I just say that Paupières, as it is one of her better songs - though not the first selection on a day to day basis - is definitely the best in terms of Alizée working her magic.

(Plus, I can listen to those drums everyday, hearing Alizée sing "Caché sous les Paupières, and mouthing the "la la's" she does). :)

NEW ALBUM!!!

MORE PAUPIÈRES. LESS DÉCOLLAGE! MORE ROCK. LESS EUROTRASH!

- IncliningPizza :D

TheBarrett
09-23-2009, 10:05 PM
^ Some of us likes some Euro-influenced stuff as well as the next genre. :p

pepelepew
09-24-2009, 01:35 AM
^ Some of us likes some Euro-influenced stuff as well as the next genre. :pLili influenced stuff:wub:

wildfire
09-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Your points are well taken and I have stated similar posts, however the reason Enconcert was so magical is because Alizee was 3 dimensional, charismatic and full of energy, expensive light and prop, dancers and high energy. On some level Alizee will have to match it to be comercially successful. The quality of her new album will also have to be up to the task. There are many unknowns at this point, but I believe it is possible without Alizee selling out, but it is a tall order to match Enconcert quality regardless what she does or doesn't do. I'm with you and have stated myself that I would rather see her disappear from the music scene than compromise her integrity or lose her perceived balanced life.

Its a tall order to match "En concert" because she had the help and momentum of 20 year vets blowing the wind in her sales, the relative carefree point in her life when she wasn't a parent and producer, but just a performer. she had her youth at that time, hundreds of thousands of albums sales behind her and an important point: a Ton of Mylene Farmer fans. This is something I am realizing now. Alizee is a ground up restart with Pyschadelices... and I'm also realizing now its a damn good album. I think she has a hill to climb, but I've never taken to a "pop" artist like I have to this one... not in a long time at least... and I think because this is because how much of the individual is starting to come out in her music. And she has a damn unique voice which I like. :D

She needs to just "appear", from observations here with you people I can attest that a simple 5 seconds of a day in her life will get you talking for quite a bit.
So it shouldn't be hard for her to film a chibi video of her saying "hi and new album coming up" and send it to you fans for a little bit of a momentum builder eh?

She's a private person from what I gather... She's trying with the wiki, but I'm really guessing here, I think the fact that she is wearing several hats that it may be escaping her that her absence now is different from before. Before she had tons of Mylene Farmer fans.. fans that span two decades.. that came out to see the new Farmer product in her... now she doesn't have that... Farmer has moved on to her own things... and unfortunately it seems many of her fans... The record labels changing, what, 3 times now? I don't think that helps either... plus Psychadelices came out when we had a recession. like I said.. its uphill... but she's young... I say adversity can't really stop this dynamic duo, plus her fourth album is all but out....

easy my friend... I posted here just recently an interview where she mentioned that she couldn't run or jump because of a back problem. I assume she means doing something like prolonged jogging as opposed to jumping or running a couple of times.. which she did in en concert. It was in the context of what she does to work out in a Q&A if that helps.

Also opinions are opinions, but I thought Par Les Paupières was a great song that should have been a single that would have complemented 50/60 and MJ.. as well as Décollage should have been a single.. it would have utilized Psychédélices strength as an eclectic album to get a variety out there as singles. I music video for both would have been nice too... I'd luv to design a Décollage music video.. once I understood what the song meant! :D

wildfire
10-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Remember, dancing and singing at the same time is incredibly difficult. Even with continuous practice when in peak form, a pro will be exhausted by the end of a show just from the effort of doing both at once. The average person, no matter how good their voice or their moves, could not even do a single full-length song with the vigor people are expecting of Alizée. The breathing for each is interupted by the other.

I expect we'll see more of it from her as she keeps practicing and getting herself back in to peak performing form, but depending on how she wants to present her music, it may not be possible to do what she did before.

One of the reasons many popstars use strong backtracks for supposedly live performances is the fact that the intense dances associated with their routines do not allow strong singing, even if they actually do have a good voice and good pitch.

I like the balance struck in he 2004 en concert.. where she had both back up singers and dancers to pick up the slack. Its a lot of work, but hey....

wildfire
10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I've come to luv her 20"s style curls and her 60's style mini skirt dresses. However I do miss the dances. I think what we are seeing now, too, is the producer's cap on her and how she is wearing several hats. Hence not as care free. But she's just starting and has a couple of decades left in her yet! All I ask is that she remains a class act...

I'd luv to see her in a Moulin Rouge style musical film. I liked the Mademoiselle Juliette "character".. I wish more was done with that.. especially with the concerts

wasabi622
10-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I like the balance struck in he 2004 en concert.. where she had both back up singers and dancers to pick up the slack. Its a lot of work, but hey....

it's common knowledge that she was at the peak of her power during the MCE era.

kinda hard to go back to now, most unfortunately. :(

BUT. i do like some newer bits of her performace i've seen. what i've seen is the stage set up with stuff like a bed, table, couch and so on and she sorta moves between them with each song.

it's cute and unique :wub:

wasabi622
10-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I've come to luv her 20"s style curls and her 60's style mini skirt dresses. However I do miss the dances. I think what we are seeing now, too, is the producer's cap on her and how she is wearing several hats. Hence not as care free. But she's just starting and has a couple of decades left in her yet! All I ask is that she remains a class act...

I'd luv to see her in a Moulin Rouge style musical film. I liked the Mademoiselle Juliette "character".. I wish more was done with that.. especially with the concerts

Of all her new looks, the MJ was by far the best. Though it wasn't as amazing as the MCE dances, her performance of it at the Mexican awards thingy was good. :D

Fall
10-02-2009, 12:38 AM
it's cute and unique :wub:
Unique?
I LOVE unique :wub:

but yeah, anyways, lets not be the cynics and critics that she's so fed up about :)

wildfire
10-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Unique?
I LOVE unique :wub:

but yeah, anyways, lets not be the cynics and critics that she's so fed up about :)

I hope I didn't seem that way, and I appreciate her album and what she is doing. However, as a fan, and a selfish one at that, I can't help but want more, because she was damn good at it!

wildfire
10-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Of all her new looks, the MJ was by far the best. Though it wasn't as amazing as the MCE dances, her performance of it at the Mexican awards thingy was good. :D

Oh, could you point me in the direction of that one? ty!

was it this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6fkQnzgc4

NOW THIS IS A PERFORMANCE!!!!! THIS I THE ALIZÉE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

girls climbing on dudes with masks...

The only thing missing is the set with the couches...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHiNu9LdKGM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHiNu9LdKGM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

how ever, I prefer the scale of this one for a concert... preferably if it came with a better companion singer to Alizée..
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=91

wasabi622
10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh, could you point me in the direction of that one? ty!

was it this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6fkQnzgc4

NOW THIS IS A PERFORMANCE!!!!! THIS I THE ALIZÉE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

girls climbing on dudes with masks...

The only thing missing is the set with the couches...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHiNu9LdKGM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHiNu9LdKGM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

how ever, I prefer the scale of this one for a concert... preferably if it came with a better companion singer to Alizée..
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=91

http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=109

there ya go!

i liked it a lot because it was just HER out in front. rather than being surrounded by other dancers and such.

Vorock
10-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Well she loves Tinkerbell. And last I checked it's HER body so she got a tattoo of her hero? I guess.
I'm sure we both can agree Alizée would be one of those good girl celebrities. And if she's one of those she obviously wouldn't care much about her looks. If she wanted a bigger audience she'd have to expose herself but she never will and we love her because of that :wub:

Topaz
10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Myself, I like it. :)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/A_0022.jpg

Alex
10-02-2009, 02:13 PM
.... I can't help but want more, because she was damn good at it!

well thats the thing she once had it; but recently she hasn't had it again.:confused: I think the concert manager/ coordinator and some other crew members play a very impotant part in making and launching a successful and awsome concert! She just has to get well organized and choose the correct people to make those concerts unique, magical, and attractive.:D
I agree with Wildfire; it raises the concert to another level by adding a balanced group of dancers on stage.

I hope if she wants; she could work on these areas for her concerts:
-Some backup dancers (4)
-Some more band members like the '04 Concert; so for some songs they could play in the same key/tone of the original songs, and have the fun they had playing with Alizee.
-Interactive lights and Visualizations( Video clips, animated graphic designs, attractive lights.
-Dance or move around the stage a bit more to pump up the audience, and get the audience movin, and dancing during the concert.
-Practice a little more vocalizing and hitting the right notes, so she could resist a concert without finishing exhausted on her voice.

:oI don't know... I sound to demanding I guess:confused::D, but from some after-the concert intervies in Mexico; some people were expecting a little more; hoping she would kinda repeat the energy seen in the 2004 Concert. The good thing is that the Physchedelices Concerts were the first on her independant career; and she did a good job, and has made some changes after those concerts trying to improve them for the future:D
HOPE I DONT GET HANGED FOR THIS:p:D

Fall
10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
well thats the thing she once had it; but recently she hasn't had it again.:confused: I think the concert manager/ coordinator and some other crew members play a very impotant part in making and launching a successful and awsome concert! She just has to get well organized and choose the correct people to make those concerts unique, magical, and attractive.:D
I agree with Wildfire; it raises the concert to another level by adding a balanced group of dancers on stage.

I hope if she wants; she could work on these areas for her concerts:
-Some backup dancers (4)
-Some more band members like the '04 Concert; so for some songs they could play in the same key/tone of the original songs, and have the fun they had playing with Alizee.
-Interactive lights and Visualizations( Video clips, animated graphic designs, attractive lights.
-Dance or move around the stage a bit more to pump up the audience, and get the audience movin, and dancing during the concert.
-Practice a little more vocalizing and hitting the right notes, so she could resist a concert without finishing exhausted on her voice.

:oI don't know... I sound to demanding I guess:confused::D, but from some after-the concert intervies in Mexico; some people were expecting a little more; hoping she would kinda repeat the energy seen in the 2004 Concert. The good thing is that the Physchedelices Concerts were the first on her independant career; and she did a good job, and has made some changes after those concerts trying to improve them for the future:D
HOPE I DONT GET HANGED FOR THIS:p:D

well in a land where wearing the national flag as underwear :confused: is considered patriotic :blink:, i think there's a lot you can get away with Alex lol. but there is nothing wrong with a little criticism. just dont try to hurt anybody's feelings :), as "wimpy" and "soft" as that sounds

Vorock
10-02-2009, 05:12 PM

Thanks.

She has back problems. An arched back I believe. Accept it bro. And I believe she said she loves more singing than dancing, not vice versa. To be honest, I'd rather have her not perform at all if she was in a risk. Her happy = me and the rest of us happy.

wasabi622
10-02-2009, 05:45 PM
She has back problems. An arched back I believe. Accept it bro. And I believe she said she loves more singing than dancing, not vice versa. To be honest, I'd rather have her not perform at all if she was in a risk. Her happy = me and the rest of us happy.

ya missed out on a lot. the back problem is unclear.. and she was a dancer before she was a singer. the only reason she became a singer was because the competition didn't allow single dancers or something.

Lerxst
10-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't think the (alleged) back problems should be an issue. If you watch her dance moves from the MCE era, it's not like she was jumping around onstage. In fact, she jumps around on stage now more than she did then. I think people just miss the choreography...and by that, I mean the suggestive and coquettish choreography. :p

I'm not sure I buy the whole back problem thing though. I think the answer to her current aversion to performing dance moves is much more obvious: She just doesn't want to do it anymore.

user472884
10-02-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think the (alleged) back problems should be an issue. If you watch her dance moves from the MCE era, it's not like she was jumping around onstage. In fact, she jumps around on stage now more than she did then. I think people just miss the choreography...and by that, I mean the suggestive and coquettish choreography. :p

I'm not sure I buy the whole back problem thing though. I think the answer to her current aversion to performing dance moves is much more obvious: She just doesn't want to do it anymore.

whether she does or doesn't (couldn't it be a little gift from Annily?) I don't want her to keep dancing as she did if she isn't comfortable with it.

Ben
10-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Well, my guess is that Alizée cut back on the dancing for 2 reasons, time and money.
As usual I think Lefty's right. Mylene was Alizée's choreographer, and I think she just hasn't bothered to fill the vacant position. Those few MJ performances with dancers, I remember her mentioning in an interview that she hired some famous troop for that.

HelixSix
10-03-2009, 04:44 AM
I think the answer to her current aversion to performing dance moves is much more obvious: She just doesn't want to do it anymore.
You are right.

Based on her personality and how she lives her life people should understand that she does not want to be portrayed as a sex symbol anymore. Unfortunately the majority of the fans just want to see her up there wearing skimpy outfits and almost making love to the camera. They will deny it of course.

Yeah it started her career but this is many years later...I guess people would rather have her act like Britney and do stripper videos. Some of us like her more because she isn't like Britney.

As for dancing, there are MANY different styles out there that aren't sexually suggestive.

But I think everybody agrees that she needs some good people around her that know the business. And I think another concert special in HD would go along way in generating that old popularity.

wildfire
10-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Well, dancing spans a whole range of things... I like the MJ stuff because what she was the center of an ensemble which I think suits the MJ character very well. Just singing into a mike don't cut it for me. I want to listen to Alizée with my eyes as well... and for the record, I think the 60's miniskirt go-go style dances that JAM suggests are tasteful and something uniquely hers at that time

here are some amateur girls who I think look sexy yet tasteful with the miniskirts an the long eyelashes doing a 60's style go-go dancing alongside alizee's fish dance...
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1864/alizee4gi5.gif<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEgMDDIVBTA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEgMDDIVBTA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb209/Liesel_etoile/Alizee_Gif1.gif

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-03-2009, 07:11 AM

I'm kinda curious as to where anyone has ever actually seen it other than written by a few people here?

don't make up ridiculous bullshit

regards

Jung

Ben
10-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm kinda curious as to where anyone has ever actually seen it other than written by a few people here?
Here's the source. I've never seen it mentioned in connection with dancing though, plus this interview's from when she still was:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1439/fandebeaute.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/fandebeaute.jpg/)

Do you play sports regularly?
A: Yes, I've done dance since I was little. I've been practicing thai boxing religiously for several months. That makes me work on my breathing. It's really cool for getting me ready for the stage! I suffer from back problems, I have a very arched back, which prevents me from running or jumping. To burn lots of calories, I dedicated myself to this discipline. I take classes with a private teacher. He's not allowed to hit me because I'm afraid of hurting myself, so I'm the one who hits. I'd rather not go on TV with a black eye! When I'm in Ajaccio, I train almost every day. Also, this combat sport allows me to better manage my stress.

Rest of the translation: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50603

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-03-2009, 09:49 PM
^everyone can feel free to take what is said there in consideration to when it was said and apply it to now and compare and quit making excuses

I take my leave

Jung

wasabi622
10-04-2009, 02:53 AM
well either way.. there's nothing wrong with saying that we want more dancing.. i mean she did it before, so why can't she do it again??

seriously, dancing is probably less stressful on the body than friggen kick boxing!

Fall
10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
dancing is probably less stressful on the body than friggen kick boxing!

well im like dancing to my MJ collection. Not a real dancer, let alone a professional one, but i know that if im going to be moving my body in ways i dont do normally, while people are watching, then im going to do my best to get it right. This is very true for me, because everybody's seen the King of Pop do his thang, you dont get many breaks when imitating him. You either get applause or boos. :cool:

But i think that she doesnt dance anymore cause of time, maybe also money. Time, is what she gives to her daughter, im sure if we had a choice to either raise a daughter right (forget nannies), or put on a good show, we would go for the former.

wasabi622
10-06-2009, 01:37 AM
well im like dancing to my MJ collection. Not a real dancer, let alone a professional one, but i know that if im going to be moving my body in ways i dont do normally, while people are watching, then im going to do my best to get it right. This is very true for me, because everybody's seen the King of Pop do his thang, you dont get many breaks when imitating him. You either get applause or boos. :cool:

But i think that she doesnt dance anymore cause of time, maybe also money. Time, is what she gives to her daughter, im sure if we had a choice to either raise a daughter right (forget nannies), or put on a good show, we would go for the former.

well see, she's been dancing a hell of a lot longer than she's been singing no? id figure that she'd be more uncomfortable with singing than dancing in front of a crowd.. not that performing has really been much of an issue with Alizee. at least, in terms of stage fright! :p

and yes, of course family comes first! but that doesn't mean you can ignore work either.