PDA

View Full Version : Concert in U.S.A.?!

rehochipe
05-06-2008, 07:32 PM
this said julien from A-F-C

- Psychédélices = 200 000 copias vendidas en el mundo (Francia, America Latina, Russia, Belgica, Suiza, Taïwan…)
- Alizée ha firmado un contrato con un operador telefonico de Latinoamerica.
- Otros contratos.
- El concierto de Moscow lleno en solo 3 dias
- Una trilogia de los clips de FIFTY SIXTY con el clip "Rubato" y el "Rolf Honey".
- Conciertos en Russie, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Biélorussie, Ouzbékistan, Asie, France, Belgique, Suisse y... EEUU !

--------------------------------------------

TRASLATION

--------------------------------------------

PSICHEDELICES 200 000 Copies solded around the world

bla bla bla

the last line say that alizee will visit russia (in may) ukraine, bielorussia, usbekistan, asia, francia, belgica, suisa and U.S.A

i don't know if anybody already posted it,

bye!

espire
05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Is there any proof of the concert in America? One doubts.

Future Raptor Ace
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM
dont doubt, your possible proof is here.
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3743

tbailey
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
hey do think the info regarding tickets will be available in time before they are sold out?

if in NYC that would be great - its driving distance and i haven't been there since high school

SilentFox
05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
It really does not say anything about coming to America, but it would be nice if she did!

Youpidou1
05-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Uh oh. America concert? She loves NY last time I saw... MSG anyone? Roseland Ballroom anyone?

Future Raptor Ace
05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I would go for Madison Square Garden, or the Jacob Javits center. Maybe even Yankee Stadium, that would be awesome!!! But most probably I see her doing an out door concert in central park. Or better yet a concert at Six Flags Great Adventure, that would be super low budget for her, but she would still attract tons of fans. Even some who have no clue about her.

Renegade
05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
if in NYC that would be great - its driving distance and i haven't been there since high school

Hey Tbailey if there is a concert in New York can you give me a ride.
lol

Respect To All
Peace Out:cool:

HelixSix
05-06-2008, 10:34 PM
We might be able to figure out her likely U.S. destination if we study the cities shes going to on the rest of the world tour.

Are the cities in costal hotspots, or in more centralized locations so more people are within traveling distance? Does she take her demographic fan following into consideration when choosing a location? Is she strictly about getting the best return on investment or willing to add some extra expenses in order to reach more people or spread her image? Indoor our outdoor concerts?

Future Raptor Ace
05-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Madonna Likes New York too, I think we have a shot lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjUmRr_wuU

NY isnt that expensive, Tokyo Paris and London rank to be more expensive than New York. And for all you out of towners, she doesn't have to do the concert in Manhattan, She could do it in any of the other 5 Boroughs (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island- where im from) and that would also be cheap.

patyl
05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I like Phoenix :D

But according to Eventful site
LA is top of the chart

So if I were Alizee's staff I would definitely go for LA :p

http://eventful.com/performers/aliz%C3%A9e-jacotey-/P0-001-000064520-0

Future Raptor Ace
05-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Phoenix fastest growing city in America, I like.

rehochipe
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
hi everybody,

well the only proof I can guve you are julien words,

julien said us that alizee will visit mexico and now it's true

anyway, if it happens, maybe will be the next year, cause, it appears after than the concert in france, and concert in france is at the end of this year

bye

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
hey man i would give you a ride beings Indiana is on the way to NY for me

rcs
05-07-2008, 11:59 AM
I like Phoenix too. Unfortunately, we did not fare well in that one thread with the listed fans and cities that want to see her. I think we have 4 fans last time I counted registered on her secret web page of her site. :(

But, seeing how I've gone all the way to Mexico City and can't even speak Spanish, it should be a cinch to see her in any city of the U.S. I'm for whatever city Alizee and company chooses. You name it Lili: New York, L.A., or Honolulu. I'll be there...;)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-07-2008, 12:03 PM
NY? Phoenix? Fargo?

Amigo!
05-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Tony Bennett said it best,

"I'm going home... To my city, by the bay... :D

tbailey
05-07-2008, 12:29 PM
jung_adore_PogueZilla

can i go with you? - - it would be good for us to go with Renegade and maybe even Tchaikovsky; we could all split the hotel and gas costs if you guys are considering that

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-07-2008, 12:52 PM
jung_adore_PogueZilla

can i go with you? - - it would be good for us to go with Renegade and maybe even Tchaikovsky; we could all split the hotel and gas costs if you guys are considering that
hey man all are welcome to come with me i guess

i i need to i can get my dads old bus running again and take that

but i would much rather take my Jetta so we could go thou all the towns jammin to alizee

neoteny
05-07-2008, 01:02 PM
yeah it would be pretty nice if Alizee were to visit here in the usa. i wonder if its going to bei in new mexico... its really close to mexico

neoteny
05-07-2008, 01:08 PM
oh... and im sooo glad she's back

happy days. i just watched her new video and its reailly really colorful. i like it. shes cute. fifty sixteen. i like

Sir Wood
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
oh... and im sooo glad she's back

happy days. i just watched her new video and its reailly really colorful. i like it. shes cute. fifty sixteen. i like

Neoteny! How the heck are you buddy? Have you checked out the other posts regarding her Generation Duo performances? :wub:

neoteny
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Neoteny! How the heck are you buddy? Have you checked out the other posts regarding her Generation Duo performances? :wub:

hey buddy?!!! no i have not. but i should check them out. i've been missing alot. how sad that be my friend.

espire
05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I still have my doubts about an American concert actually happening, very heavy doubts. It's just totally illogical.

Anyway, we'll see how this plays out.

Max
05-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I have my doubts too.

But then again, 50/60 clip starts with New York view, that's a good sign.

Gatchaman
05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I also doubt that she would come here. But if she does, San Diego would be a great destination. She won't have to travel too far from across the border. :)

Future Raptor Ace
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
why is everyone so negative, seriously?

rcs
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
If every daily posting fan here would post a comment on her Myspace that we'd like to see her, it wouldn't guarantee anything, but it would be a start. :rolleyes:

Future Raptor Ace
05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
^your right man
here's my post

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=174804775&MyToken=01262135-67b3-4b6c-a333-93bae6525a0b
I call it, whats makes New York, New York

HelixSix
05-07-2008, 10:58 PM
We need people to post on there about coming to the west coast. Raptor your intentions are good but you must only succeed in half your goal, lol. She must come to central or western America!

Future Raptor Ace
05-07-2008, 11:20 PM
haha thanks lol. My goal is to get her to NYC. But as long as shes here in the greatest country of all time, I will be happy. All you central and west coast people, do ur stuff!

GianGian
05-07-2008, 11:38 PM
haha thanks lol. My goal is to get her to NYC. But as long as shes here in the greatest country of all time, I will be happy. All you central and west coast people, do ur stuff!

:p:p:p:p:p

TheBarrett
05-08-2008, 12:07 AM

:p:p:p:p:p

lefty12357
05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
If every daily posting fan here would post a comment on her Myspace that we'd like to see her, it wouldn't guarantee anything, but it would be a start. :rolleyes:

Maybe RCA is planting a seed to see if it will grow. They may be looking to see if the fans in the USA will respond and stand up and be counted. It may be wise for Canadian fans to do the same. We have a large presence on her Google map, not that it means much. But it’s possible that RCA may have data on web traffic to Alizée content, point-of-sale data and internet sales data all listed by country of origin. It may be influencing their tour and marketing plans. Since Alizée has not done as well in France as they probably hoped, they are now pushing the international side of things. After all, that’s were a lot of her new fans and CD sales are.

I’m not recommending spamming her myspace page, but if we follow the advice of RCS and each make one request on her myspace page once or twice a week, it couldn't hurt.

NeverMore
05-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I myself would hope an LA concert, but thats me, who knows maybe she'll go LA and NY

Rev
05-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Uh oh. America concert? She loves NY last time I saw... MSG anyone? Roseland Ballroom anyone?

Or even Webster Hall.

Dark Engine
05-08-2008, 01:26 AM
If she does come, I would imagine it would only be a select few major cities. Those of us in east jabip would pretty much be SOL. I suppose I would be able to get leave approved if she were in New Orleans or 1 of the major cities in Texas. But I doubt she will come to the south; a lot of anti foreign bigots down here.

Future Raptor Ace
05-08-2008, 07:43 AM
she should do the 5 major cities in the US in this order
New York
Los Angles
Chicago
Huston
Philadelphia

Jeff
05-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Dont forget Ohio! :) I can't travel all the way to NYC or LA.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Dont forget Ohio! :) I can't travel all the way to NYC or LA.
if its in NYC i can just pick you up on the way there bud its right on the way for me

Scruffydog777
05-08-2008, 12:03 PM
She said she wanted to perform in smaller venues to be closer to her fans. Boston would be the most logical choice. It's smaller than NY and it's the closest major US city to France!

Scruffydog777
05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
this said julien from A-F-C

What is A-F-C

Youpidou1
05-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Or even Webster Hall.

Yes that is true. I heard nothing but good things so far about that place.

She said she wanted to perform in smaller venues to be closer to her fans. Boston would be the most logical choice. It's smaller than NY and it's the closest major US city to France!

That could be true but she would feel at home here at least. There are plenty of French Restaurants here so I am sure she would love it here. Sights to see people to meet. Fans to cheer her on. :D

johnnywash
05-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm loving this idea more and more....
We know Alizee loves Disney (Tinkerbell will live forever on her back) Why not work with the Disney PR machine and do a free performance at the big outdorr stage at EPCOT Center, just a short walk from the French pavilion at World Showcase. Then a concert at House of Blues. Just the right size for her adoring American fans. Other selling points...The Orlando area has a huge Latino population, cheap airfare from anywhere and lots of hotels.
Anyone have any ideas how we can make this happen.:wub:

Scruffydog777
05-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Y
That could be true but she would feel at home here at least. There are plenty of French Restaurants here so I am sure she would love it here. Sights to see people to meet. Fans to cheer her on. :D

But we have so many french fries and croissants here, not to mention french bread and french dressing, fondue, roast beef au jus, french onion soup and let's not forget french's mustard!

Future Raptor Ace
05-08-2008, 05:00 PM

It is the closest major city to France ( you got to be kidding me) it will take what; 30 min off her 8 hour plane ride, im sure that's a big deal Woopdedoo. She wouldn't chose Boston over NYC because its *barley* closer to France. New York is the US's major city and has the most lily fans than any other city in the US, there for she has to go somewhere close to here. The competition is between New York and Los Angles, that's what I think it will come down to. The 2 cities are the biggest and have the most Lilly fans. The question is does Alizee want to add another 5 hours to her flight? That's why I think she will choose New York.
Also NY is more influenced by France than any other US city beside New Orleans of course. We have all these fancy out door french Cafes and Restaurants, we have a few french named skyscrapers and we have lots of french people. In fact you know how most New York restaurants have seats outside, well we copied france with that. Boston is all Irish and British, not French. Thats why its called New England, not New France.

Piblokto
05-08-2008, 05:03 PM
But we have so many french fries and croissants here, not to mention french bread and french dressing, fondue, roast beef au jus, french onion soup and let's not forget french's mustard!

You know, the last thing a french tourist will do anywhere on this planet is to go in a french restaurant, unless he(or she)'s a real onion soup addict and needs his daily dose...
Tasting local food is part of the travel's pleasure. Alizée did really enjoy Mexican food when in Mexico.
And I'm sure many of you will be of good advice for her when she comes and perform in the US.

Future Raptor Ace
05-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Than if she comes to New York she has to have are Pizza! She should go to Rays pizzeria! Alizee if your reading this write it down lol. Rays, not "famous original rays" and all the copy cats out there, just go to the original "Rays" Its in the village
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray%27s_Pizza

Toc De Mac
05-08-2008, 05:14 PM
What is A-F-C

Alizée Fan Club (now known as Lilly Town). :D

http://www.lilly-town.com/forum/index.php

Piblokto
05-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Than if she comes to New York she has to have are Pizza! She should go to Rays pizzeria! Alizee if your reading this write it down lol. Rays, not "famous rays" or "famous original rays" and all the copy cats out there, just go to the original "Rays"

Yes FRA, that"s what you must do : as every french (and corsican too) she's certainly very interested in good cuisine, so if you want her to come into your city, just list the best local specialties and good places to go.
And it's true that Pizzas in NY are much better than than in Paris...
But my opinion is that Louisianna will be the winner cause of creole cuisine...

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-08-2008, 05:30 PM
well we got a restaurant that has elk if not she have a steak at my house we got some really tender steaks from our cattle

Scruffydog777
05-09-2008, 12:19 PM
The competition is between New York and Los Angles

If she meant it when she said she wanted to perform at smaller venues then these are the last 2 cities in this country she would want to appear in.

Youpidou1
05-09-2008, 12:26 PM
If she meant it when she said she wanted to perform at smaller venues then these are the last 2 cities in this country she would want to appear in.

You must understand (everyone) that Mexico got a signing if I remember correctly. So a country with a smaller amount of fans has a less chance of getting a concert. Perhaps she might go to the Virgin Mega Store in NYC like she did for France on December 3rd.

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
05-09-2008, 02:03 PM
But as long as shes here in the greatest country of all time, I will be happy

Wow, you want her to visit the Czech Republic? :cool: Lol =)

patyl
05-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi everybody:

I believe Alizee has more fans or will have more fans in America soon with all this activity coming from her concerts and her album, her videos, etc.

Which citiy or cities she will visit? we don't know yet....we can only assume...

For this reason I invite you and all your friends to demand Alizee at Eventful, the most recognized site for promoting Concerts Worldwide.

There you can see the most demanded USA cities, coincidentially the countries announced by RCA France site in regard to more concerts coming soon are the same as Evenftul :cool:

http://eventful.com/performers/aliz%C3%A9e-jacotey-/P0-001-000064520-0

arkadas
05-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Disneyworld would be the best place for an introduction and first concert in the U.S. Tourists from all over the world, Tinkerbell as the hook, what could be better?

WindReaver
05-09-2008, 05:27 PM
You must understand (everyone) that Mexico got a signing if I remember correctly. So a country with a smaller amount of fans has a less chance of getting a concert. Perhaps she might go to the Virgin Mega Store in NYC like she did for France on December 3rd.

They got a signing because she is not yet touring. She already announced a long time ago that she will be touring in Mexico.

Future Raptor Ace
05-10-2008, 12:37 PM
What you guys arnt getting is she can still do small venues in a big city. Plus she went to Mexico City didn't she? That was in no way a small venue!

nightbug
05-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I've heard it so many times.... that Americans won't listen to music that is not sung in english. But I think the 1,700 members on this board are living proof that is not true.

It's been done before. I really think Alizee could be bigger than Shakira in this country, if she is marketed correctly.

Fifty Sixty, if that song was released as a single here, it would be played in every nightclub in this country and she would sell a 100,000 cd's in a matter of weeks.

Realistically, she would be lucky to get 200 in NYC or Los Angeles, if things stay the same. But let's think positive here, things can change overnight in the music business.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-10-2008, 01:03 PM
granted shakira sings much in english but there is always rammstein who for some reason huge over here they have been very successful in sales and they even had successful concerts so yes alizee can do but it is still a matter if she wishes to commit herself to somthing this huge i guess only time will tell

E468807
05-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Im having a feeling she is going to perform where there is a large population of hispanic Miami or L.A. I think. I saw some local Spanish news station talking about her a few weeks ago(im guessing her visit to Mexico) So im hoping Miami :)

Yeah Look at Shakira. She did her thing over here. She feature another artist to help her boost her name. If Alizee team up with Timberland or Timberlake(those two always get the people attention) She might be able to make it here.

patyl
05-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Im having a feeling she is going to perform where there is a large population of hispanic Miami or L.A. I think. I saw some local Spanish news station talking about her a few weeks ago(im guessing her visit to Mexico) So im hoping Miami :)

Yeah Look at Shakira. She did her thing over here. She feature another artist to help her boost her name. If Alizee team up with Timberland or Timberlake(those two always get the people attention) She might be able to make it here.

I agree with you.

Italian Artists very successful in LatinAmerica thanks to Mexico's effect: Laura Pausini, Tiziano Ferro, Nek, Eros Ramazotti, etc.

I omit to tell you that David Bisbal and Rihanna did the Spanglish version of Rihanna's song: Hate to love you. So there is the example of doing good marketing to potential artists.

Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, David Bisbal, Juanes, etc. always thanks to Mexico for helping them become famous in America ;)

rcs
05-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I agree with you.Italian Artists very successful in LatinAmerica thanks to Mexico's effect: Laura Pausini, Tiziano Ferro, Nek, Eros Ramazotti, etc.I omit to tell you that David Bisbal and Rihanna did the Spanglish version of Rihanna's song: Hate to love you. So there is the example of doing good marketing to potential artists.Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, David Bisbal, Juanes, etc. always thanks to Mexico for helping them become famous in America* ;)
Thank you Mexico! :D

ALS
05-10-2008, 04:36 PM

Oh I hope so since the family has a Condo on the beach in Naples.
An hour and a half drive across I-75 to the concert wouldn't be bad. :D

Future Raptor Ace
05-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I think we have a big fat CONFERMED on a US concert. In the "dont mess with Lily" thread a article was translated that states the following

"The ex-lolita wants to gobble up the world and generously spread her music across the entire planet. Thanks.

Alizée's new album Psychédélices has, according to Charts in France, sold some 200,000 copies worldwide. An honorable number but not really a triumph either. In short. When the CD doesn't work, you gotta do concerts. And this Psychédélices Tour , which should start on May 18 in Russia, will take her to a little bit of everywhere in the world, including Asia, Europe, South America, and... the US, Eldorado for lolita-like singers.
Alizée, a star in the US, we're waiting to see that... "

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3770

Edcognito
05-13-2008, 10:21 PM
NYC is 4 hours from where I live....:eek:

:o

Sorry.... I guess I'm having a "reaction"........ :D

Ed:cool:

Fish
05-13-2008, 10:21 PM
It still isn't confirmed. Voici is less reputable a source than a tampered Wiki article.

We've still got to wait and see, and it may happen, but Voici is hardly a confirmation. That article was also very sarcastic, basically calling America the mecca of slutty singers. Hardly a nice word in there.

nightbug
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm a little confused here regarding the last 3 posts and the official press release from RCA last week. I took that as, Alizee will be playing the shows in Mexico in June, and is not doing any touring at all in July - August. And the other countries listed...will start in Sept. and run through 2009.

And this:

moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3770

Where is the USA confirmed date??? I'm a little confused right now.

MesGourmandises
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Well, it'd be awesome - I'd love for her to come, but guys: don't get your hopes up. At all. I highly doubt this.

And if they really are going to do a concert here, I wish they wouldn't! Not enough people know about Alizee here, and it's the DUMBEST idea to have a concert in the USA because they'd lose a lot of money (that's if it were to be a substantially large concert, otherwise, if it's at an intimate venue, that'd be a great idea).

william p yoder
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
f she were to do any concert in the usa it should be the Paris club in vegas........afterall she is familiar with vegas so to speak plus the logical destination and central hub for her many usa fans ...plus junkets to vegas are still a good buy:D

Just a Guest
05-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm a little confused here regarding the last 3 posts and the official press release from RCA last week. I took that as, Alizee will be playing the shows in Mexico in June, and is not doing any touring at all in July - August. And the other countries listed...will start in Sept. and run through 2009.

And this:

moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3770

Where is the USA confirmed date??? I'm a little confused right now.
There is NO confirmed date.
FRA boy is a little bit over excited here.:rolleyes:

If you check here
http://www.rcamusic.fr/
here
http://www.myspace.com/alizeeofficiel
or here
http://www.alizee-officiel.com/
On a regular base, you will find out.

All other sources are i.m.o. worthless.
and about Voici: haha, that's the least reliable one.

Future Raptor Ace
05-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Haha ^FRA BOY lol. Yeah Alizee will get me excited very easily and bring out the kid in me :D I dont understand the person saying Lily coming to the US is a stupid idea, do you not want her to come here? I really dont understand people anymore

espire
05-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I dont understand the person saying Lily coming to the US is a stupid idea, do you not want her to come here? I really dont understand people anymore

It's a stupid idea financially.

lefty12357
05-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I would like to know what RCA's reason is for doing this. What do they know (if anything) that we don't that makes them feel it's plausible to hold a concert in the USA? If it's a mistake, they've had time to correct it. No one's confirming or denying it. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Ben
05-14-2008, 07:17 PM
That Alizée/RCA have neither confirmed nor denied makes me think that they themselves don't know yet.

heyamigo
05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
yes, i think it's safe to say everyone here that's been around a bit is not holding their breath on this one. i think US was in the list just as a possibility, but we've seen even announced dates in mexico canceled. i'll believe it when the tickets go on sale, although many concerts have been canceled after ticket sales.

FRA, people's attitudes you question regarding this is because they're not getting their hopes up due to a likely letdown. the old members that have been around for years have gone through this "getting their hopes up and being letdown" during alizee's hiatus. just keep a reasonable and sensible attitude and don't get upset when people don't share your enthusiasm.

The Cap
05-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Well, it'd be awesome - I'd love for her to come, but guys: don't get your hopes up. At all. I highly doubt this.

And if they really are going to do a concert here, I wish they wouldn't! Not enough people know about Alizee here, and it's the DUMBEST idea to have a concert in the USA because they'd lose a lot of money (that's if it were to be a substantially large concert, otherwise, if it's at an intimate venue, that'd be a great idea).

THANK YOU, MG, THANK YOU ! That's pretty much what I'VE been saying for a while now, and I routinely get railed at for being so terribly "wrong" and out of touch.

She can't mount the same concert HERE in the U.S. that she'd do where she's known and popular - it would be a disaster to drag along all that equipment and personnel into the U.S., get into a venue that could support the scale of the show, and then sell a few hundred tickets to us die-hard "local" fans while thousands of seats are empty. HUGE loss of money, to be sure.

brad
05-14-2008, 08:15 PM
i don't know, i may be 100% wrong and out of touch but i really think that if she had a concert in the US it would sell out extremely fast.

ALS
05-14-2008, 08:45 PM
i don't know, i may be 100% wrong and out of touch but i really think that if she had a concert in the US it would sell out extremely fast.

Depending how big the venue was. On the other hand depending on what month they were planning a U.S. show there would be a lot of residents on the other side of the pond that may make it a Vacation with a little Alizée thrown in. If I was RCA I would look at a less than 10,000 seat location that has a large fan base. Again they may be looking at IPs that are pinging her official site to see what part of the country has the biggest draw. Someone is getting a real headache over this trying to figure out where to hold the concert in America. 3000 miles by 1500 miles is a really big country. Pick New York and you eliminate a lot of west coasters. LA or Vegas you eliminate the East Coast. The three top spots I would put money on would be New York, Los Angles, and Las Vegas. Reason I say that is Alizée is trying to make a good impression with the music industry here in the U.S.. Those three cities are the biggest draws for promoters and music industry executives.

Future Raptor Ace
05-14-2008, 08:50 PM
It's a stupid idea financially.

I don't know what kindve drugs you take but its actually in no way financially stupid. The Euro is still more than the dollar, the exchange rate is at 1.54 right now in the Euros favor. How is that stupid financially, its actually the best thing for Alizee. Come to America for an even cheaper price than in France;) Like I said before you people just dont make sense anymore! It almost sounds like you dont want her here...................?:eek:

FRA, people's attitudes you question regarding this is because they're not getting their hopes up due to a likely letdown. the old members that have been around for years have gone through this "getting their hopes up and being letdown" during alizee's hiatus. just keep a reasonable and sensible attitude and don't get upset when people don't share your enthusiasm
yeah I can see what your saying, but im not upset I just dont understand why they are so negative all the time. It doesn't hurt to dream big! Sure it may not happen but there is a chance it may. People have to stop saying, ooh its not happening, or oh its not financially plausible. Just because your marrow is low, you dont have to ruin the marrow of others!
Next, you guys are making it like I started this topic, I just posted what I found on another thread that seemed like a good reference towards this topic; which it was!

lefty12357
05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I don't know what kindve drugs you take but its actually in no way financially stupid. The Euro is still more than the dollar, the exchange rate is at 1.54 right now in the Euros favor. How is that stupid financially, its actually the best thing for Alizee. Come to America for an even cheaper price than in France;) Like I said before you people just dont make sense anymore! It almost sounds like you dont want her here...................?:eek:

FRA, the exchange rate cuts both ways. She may be able to get more for her money here, but the money she receives in ticket sales will be in dollars which, as you pointed out, are worth less. Remember, she would be coming here to make money, not spend it.

I think if things are done right, though, there is a potential for her to have a successful concert in the US. As I’ve said before, her people may have data about the US market that we are not aware of, and maybe they are seeing some hopeful signs. It could also be a good will gesture to lay a foundation for greater possibilities down the road. It may also depend somewhat on our reaction to this news. Will they see something like another “Mexico” happen here, or will we all just blow it off. I don’t know, but rather than playing games, it would be nice if RCA was a little more clear as to their intentions. Fans might be more willing to get behind something if they think it's a real possibility. If I was RCA, I would start by contacting Brad...:)

brad
05-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Vegas would be the place .. without a doubt.

it is very cheap to fly to vegas from anywhere in the USA. you can fly out there are get a room for crazy cheap most of the year. they make their money in the casino.

Amigo!
05-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Vegas would be the place .. without a doubt.

it is very cheap to fly to vegas from anywhere in the USA. you can fly out there are get a room for crazy cheap most of the year. they make their money in the casino.

we could hit the tables at the casino :cool:, then go catch a Lili show :wub:

Future Raptor Ace
05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
FRA, the exchange rate cuts both ways. She may be able to get more for her money here, but the money she receives in ticket sales will be in dollars which, as you pointed out, are worth less. Remember, she would be coming here to make money, not spend it.

That is true, but she would probably make ticket prices a bit higher to cut it even with the income she would receive in France. All and all, same income percentage wise as a concert in France maybe a tad bit less and at the same time, it would cost her a lot cheaper to hold the event. She would make a huge profit, and the amount of advertisement she would get would also make her more renown like you said!

HelixSix
05-15-2008, 12:21 AM
we could hit the tables at the casino :cool:, then go catch a Lili show :wub:

That was exactly my thought process when I first heard she might be coming to the U.S.

rcs
05-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I'll let Lili roll the dice for me at the Craps table. Her you go *she kisses them* I roll...collect bank :D

nightbug
05-15-2008, 01:51 AM
I agree with lefty12357 a 100%. Let's not be so pessimistic. I'm a newbie to this board but I've been a huge fan for 2 1/2 years.

It seems that most people here think that there is only going to be one US concert... if were lucky. I really think theres going to be ATLEAST 4 US dates. The Spanish speaking markets (LA, Miami, a city or 2 in Texas and NYC, and Las Vegas are logical too).

Alizee or RCA doesnt expect to be playing to the same size crowd that they would get in France or most of Europe. I think that they would both be thrilled if they were playing to 200 or 300 in each city.

I think their trying to plant a seed here. This country is ready for something knew. Alizee is not new in Europe, so it makes perfect sense that RCA would want to promote her in different markets.

I really don't think it's a big risk for RCA to spend some major money promoting Alizee in this country.

I think it comes down to one simple fact, you dont really have to understand the French language, to love this music. And thats NOT true for alot of other Francophone music.

I'm 99.9% CONVINCED that Alizee could be a huge star in this country... if she IS marketed correctly. Theres so many different ways that RCA could promote her here. The Lolita approach may work here (the same way it worked in France 7 years ago), and it may cause alot of contreversey. Which would be a good thing. Because then everyone would want to know who she is and everyone would talking about her.

I think fifty sixty is the jem on the new cd. It's def. the most commercially viable song. It has the catchiest chorus of any song I've ever heard in my entire life, and it's danceable too. And it's not even my favorite Alizee song.

RCA should be submitting this to MTV and US Radio and paying off whoever needs to be paid off to get this song on the air. Of course there going to met with rejection 'NO, they won't listen to it, if its not sung in English.' But their wrong, this country is ready for somthing new.

If you look at RCA's lineup: Most of the artists are OLD news....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RCA_Records_artists

I really think this country is ready for something new...It's long overdue.

We should be requesting Alizee on TRL everyday.

And we really need an official US fanclub.

Edcognito
05-15-2008, 01:59 AM
I don't think most of us believe that Alizeé would be playing a concert here to make major $ to start with. IMHO - IF there were a concert here (and I apologize for getting SOOOO excited earlier... :o) it would almost have to be at small venues...

Having said that - we honestly have no idea how many of the spanish language fans there are in this country. (If the Mexican popularity of Alizeé is what is driving these rumours...). She might be able to do 5K or 10K seats in LA, or Miami, we dont' know. But I'll bet RCA has a clue...

SO.... The best we can do is stay hopefull..... darn it... ;) I am still going to look towards an Alizeé concert in the USA someday soon....

Pipe dreams you say? Ahh, well, don't we all? :D

Ed:cool:

tbailey
05-15-2008, 01:59 AM
THANK YOU, MG, THANK YOU ! That's pretty much what I'VE been saying for a while now, and I routinely get railed at for being so terribly "wrong" and out of touch.

She can't mount the same concert HERE in the U.S. that she'd do where she's known and popular - it would be a disaster to drag along all that equipment and personnel into the U.S., get into a venue that could support the scale of the show, and then sell a few hundred tickets to us die-hard "local" fans while thousands of seats are empty. HUGE loss of money, to be sure.

I'm going to have to TOTALLY DISAGREE

Alizee and RCA just have to make the right decisions
a very small venue in Las Vegas or NYC would be the best idea
i think something from a couple of hundred to a couple thousand seats would sell out

but that depends on a number of factors:

1. how much their willing to spend on advertisement

2. the price of the tickets

3. timing - summer would be best for students like me or a long weekend

4. instead of dragging the equipment here just rent some that's already in the US - the same with personnel - RCA has employees here too :p

5. Las Vegas would be great - i know people that go there with a weeks notice for the weekend b/c tickets and hotels are so cheap.

I have friends that love Las Vegas - they think its the greatest thing in the world. If the price is right they and many others might just be curious to go see a beautiful and exotic foreign act instead of seeing the same old same old Vegas act i.e. Carrot Top

Alizee has a litany of great songs to play, is extremely beautiful, here English is very good (i don't see how people say that her english is unintelligible or needs to be worked on)

There are a lot of signs that Alizee and RCA are at least considering the U.S. i.e. the statement on the RCA site, the opening to the 50/60 video, Alizee's recent performances in english, and they may be optimistic with her success in Mexico...

RCA might be considering Alizee's very clean image, her beauty, and her uniqueness - this last trait is very underrated imho

and even if its not guaranteed to create a profit that still might not discourage RCA - i think in the business world they take risks sometimes especially if dealing with a huge corporation like RCA that has the financial assets to take a small financial setback

The only thing i have a problem with is the list of other countries on the RCA site - Kazakhstan! Unless i'm missing something are they serious about that? That's kinda discouraging

But i say we send her emails and posts via myspace
and please don't give me the untenable spam argument again
The Mexicans did it and look how it worked out for them

tbailey
05-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Nightbug

i totally agree with everything you said except for the Lolita image
i would go for the clean - uncontroversial image
the U.S. on average is a rather conservative country and parents like their kids to listen to artists with a good history imho

i totally agree with 50/60 being a great song
at first i thought it was okay but now that i've listen to it more and more i really like it
its really catchy and i think an english version would work really nicely
and it has the feeling of U.S. music imho - sounds like an American song that would here on the radio :D

Rev
05-15-2008, 02:52 AM

Having said that - we honestly have no idea how many of the spanish language fans there are in this country. (If the Mexican popularity of Alizeé is what is driving these rumours...). She might be able to do 5K or 10K seats in LA, or Miami, we dont' know. But I'll bet RCA has a clue...Ed:cool:

Don't underestimate the number of Spanish speaking in the NYC metro area, as well as French speaking.

Additionally, videos about her have had many millions of hits. If just 1% had curiousity and were close to a major city like NY or LA, she could easily fill venues in the 4K to 8K range.

I'm still betting on a NY area visit (there is something to be said for having 10 million people just a subway ride away from many venues). :)

tbailey
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
We should also consider the sheer size of the Latin population in the U.S.

its really a country w/i a country - 40 million strong

by far the largest and fastest growing minority population in the U.S.

shows in CA, Las Vegas, Florida, Texas, and NYC would all make sense to me

just think - lets say that out of the 40 million there are roughly 8 million in the potential consumer market for music/cds

out of that 8 million lets that there are 4 million that would consider music akin to alizee's i.e. female pop music

then let's say that most of them have bad taste and don't like Alizee's music and only 10 percent of them like Alizee's music (800,000)

then lets say that only 1/4 of them will actually buy the cd - that equals a potential market of 200,000 buyers

there is a potential untapped market here of 200,000 sales

maybe another good idea is to have her songs in both english and spanish versions

and to have her greatest hits as the initial marketing scheme in the U.S.

but definitely don't call it "greatest hits" but rather something that gives the idea that it's a new album

consumers usually don't want old music i.e. greatest hits but fresh and stylish music

and maybe make it a double cd album - with 14 to 16 of her best songs then on the other disc some music videos and live performances

but keep it at a low price i.e. 12 to 14 USD at most

ALS
05-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Guys don't assume that the "Latin" population in the U.S. is as crazy about Alizée as her fans in Mexico. Remember as far as we know, NO U.S. radio stations are playing her music.

I would really like to see the domestic U.S. sales figures and those shipped to the U.S. on the new CD.
She may have sold 200,000 plus copies world wide but how many were sold to fans in the U.S. and Canada?

RCA may be seeing a huge opportunity to expand Alizée's market by having a concert in the U.S.. As was said before they may have numbers and demographics in front of them that we are not seeing.

Playing in the U.S. with her talent is a win win situation in my opinion.
It will give her exposure that Mylene and Laurent never explored back in 2000-2003.

From what I have read posted on this site there is a possibility of "A" concert in the U.S.. If this so called large base of nation with in a nation of Spanish speaking fans was as large as some members are saying or hoping, RCA would be setting up three or four city tour here in America.

We'll have to wait and see what occurs as time marches on through the summer.

If I was betting money on this one, I'd say it is a one shot one concert deal. Based on the attendance of this one possible concert they would either blow off any future stops in the U.S. or expand the number of cites visited in any future tours.

Amigo!
05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Remember as far as we know, NO U.S. radio stations are playing her music.

http://www.yes.com/#Alizee

ALS
05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Radio 101 is an Internet radio station.
KBOC is in Bridgeport Texas.

So all together Alizée is being played by ONE U.S. Radio station.
That one station is ranked number 29 out of 47 radio stations in Dallas Fort Worth area.
Plus they didn't even play a song off her New CD they played
J'en Ai Marre.

We need at least 25 stations playing her music to make an impact on the U.S. market.

The Cap
05-15-2008, 08:30 PM
We need at least 25 stations playing her music to make an impact on the U.S. market.

Twenty-five independent radio stations playing Alizée's songs would have about as much impact on the U.S. market as a mosquito has on a speeding truck when it hits the windshield. It's curtains for the bug, but the truck barrels on without even noticing.

Now, if you had one or two songs from the latest album somewhere on the playlists of big corporate radio - say, ClearChannel or Viacom, for example - and those playlists flow down to dozens if not hundreds of corporate owned and/or managed big-market radio stations, and those songs get played once or twice during radio "prime time" - like drive-times - maybe ... JUST MAYBE ... you might make a tiny but measurable "blip" on a tracking report somewhere. If the "blip" leads to calls to the radio stations, asking "what was that, who was that, is there any more" ... well, it's still a needle-in-a-haystack's chance, but it's better than what we have now, which is, for all practical purposes, zero impact.

Hey, I'm not fond of being a wet blanket on the idea of Alizée doing a concert on the U.S. mainland, I'm just trying to splash a little cold reality onto all the warm, glowing, way-too-overly-optimistic faces out there. As has been previously mentioned, you'll get yourselves all worked up and excited over the idea of an Alizée concert in the U.S., only to get smacked down hard and painfully when it turns out the U.S. isn't on the schedule.

Dream and fantasize all you want, but realistically, I wouldn't bet a cent on the concert you want so badly showing up in the U.S. anytime soon.

HelixSix
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM
That cold reality is one of the biggest reasons I believe Alizée will come here. She knows that she can't just sit back, do nothing, and expect this country to pay attention to her. Heck, we aren't gonna have much of a presence on Mars until we actually go there.

And I really doubt that she would leave the United States, a media powerhouse, out of the loop.

nightbug
05-16-2008, 12:06 AM
You are 100,000% right about Alizee not wanting to leave the US out of the loop.

In regards to the previous 5 posts on this thread, I think you all have some very valid points. Alizee selling 200,000 cd's in the US is a bit optimistic at this point. If that were to happen, and I think it can, the Alizee needs to be on the radio and/or TELEVISION. She needs to be on MTV or Fuse or VH1 in that sexy gif from ALS post.

It depends on what the goal is. Theres no reason why Alizee can't do a 10 city club tour of the US right now. Will she be happy playing to 200 people a night though?

I just saw Within Temptation in concert in Toronto this past Sept. There were ONLY 80 in attendence. And they headline festivals in Europe playing to 60,000 plus. I know it's a different type of music, but the key here is, maybe it's not about the money. Maybe Alizee would be happy just to break even on a tour of the US.

Maybe this is about LOYALTY. She has some very dedicated fans here in the US and maybe she feels like she owes it to us to play some shows here.

I dont care what my financial or employment situation is like when the Alizee show or shows are announced, I'll put it on my credit card, I'll fly to Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, whatever...And I KNOW theres alot of people on this board that will do the same.

On the other hand, I really think that Alizee could be the biggest International star that this country has ever known.

But, the cap & Als, your absolutely right, if Alizee is going to sell hundreds of thousands of cd's in this country it's not going to happen with curiosity or world of mouth.

I'm just thinking that maybe thats not RCA or Alizee's goal. IT SHOULD be their goal. And theres no reason she can't do a 10 city US tour right now.
Yelle is touring the US right now.

But the main difference between the Yelle, Emilie Simon & Alizee situation is the first 2 artists have AMERICAN RECORD DEALS.

Maybe RCA has things planned that we don't know about yet, like releasing her cd here with versions of the 2 english songs, 'i'm fed up' and 'i'm not 20'.

I think tbailey has a good idea:
....to have her greatest hits as the initial marketing scheme in the U.S.

Thats a great idea. Emilie Simon did something similar, she took the best songs on each of her 2 French cd's and put them on the US release - 'The Flower Book'.

I would DEF. say she is playing more than one show here. The RCA press release looked pretty official to me. And some of those other countries are a joke (Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Ouzbékistan.) I mean if she is playing there, she has to play here, her fan base is way bigger here. 40 million Latin Americans.

And something we have all overlooked is Montreal .... The second biggest French speaking city in the world. Alot of French speaking canadians live here in the US!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_in_the_United_States

More than 13 million Americans claim some French ancestry, and 1.6 million over the age of five speak the language at home, [1] making French the third most-spoken language in the country, behind English and Spanish.

So we got 13 million French in the US and 40 million Latin Americans here.

There is great reason for optimism!!!!!!

It's up to us, do we want Alizee to be playing to a couple hundred here or do we want her playing to 5 thousand plus and doing a huge tour of the US next time around.

We need to show a little initiative here. Then I think RCA will get behind the cause and do some MAJOR Alizee PROMOTION and then she may be as huge here as we all hope.

Look what happened in Mexico, it can happen here too!!!!!!!!

tbailey
05-16-2008, 12:42 AM
great points Nightbug

i never thought about the french ancestry in the U.S. and Canada

and even if our optimism is unfounded big deal - lets enjoy the idea of Alizee coming to America when its at least somewhat possible

i say we do all we can - who knows maybe RCA and Alizee will never again consider this U.S.

this might be our only chance to do something!!!!

lefty12357
05-16-2008, 12:43 AM
When you look at her CD sales in France, they are simply not enough at this point to sustain a career over the long term. Hopefully it will get better.

She is fortunate to have Mexico and all the other international fans supporting her. Alizée and RCA can't simply ignore this fact. If they want to capitalize on this and have a positive outcome, they have to go were the fans who will buy tickets and CDs are. The USA may very well be a part of their strategy. It may be a bigger risk, but it potentially could have a bigger payoff. Why venture off into an international career and ignore one of the biggest markets? Regardless of whether she comes to the USA or not, the international part of her career has become essential to her.

Euphoria
05-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I agree with you, Lefty. If they want her to be even slightly successful in the US, she needs huge promotion. I'm not talking about small radio stations, and things like that. She needs to be seen where there is a huge number of people watching. Vh1, MTV, etc. I always see unknown singers featured on especially Vh1, sometimes MTV. I don't see why RCA can't arrange something like that. Even if they see a 30 second clip, I think they would be very curious. Its just that A LOT of people need to see it. I know Alizee has mentioned she doesn't want fame on the scale of Moi Lolita...but performing to 100 people would be very depressing. I would go anywhere in the US to see her perform, because I know its possibly the only time I could see her live, in person.

Ali
05-16-2008, 03:46 AM
I strongly doubt she will be coming to America for any "concert". In a country of 300+ million we are a very, very, very tiny minority. Most Americans don't know Alizee and alot of those that do thru places like Youtube are not really into her, to them she is just a girl with a pretty face. This is not Mexico we are talking about here. She would have to have a very significant fan base and that fan base actually has to travel to that particular location of the concert if she does have a concert here. We don't have that many significant number of dedicated fans to begin with let alone travel all the way to whatever place she might have a concert in America. So keep dreaming.

HelixSix
05-16-2008, 05:27 AM
We don't have that many significant number of dedicated fans to begin with let alone travel all the way to whatever place she might have a concert in America. So keep dreaming.

That is just your opinion. And I am curious as to what your basing your fan estimate on.

But have people forgotten that there is a process called GETTING NEW FANS??? If every artist had the same mindset as some people in this forum then there would be hardly any international success for anybody....they'd just say "well I don't magically have a big fanbase in the US, I guess theres nothing I can do about that."

Having a concert here is one of the many ways to increase a fanbase and gain more exposure.

The Cap
05-16-2008, 08:49 AM
That is just your opinion. And I am curious as to what your basing your fan estimate on.

I'd say he's basing his estimate on the same thing upon which I base my own opinions on this topic : fundamental economics, years of observation of how music works (and doesn't work) here in the U.S., and good old common sense.

If you put every person who :

lives in the continental U.S.
knows who Alizée is
is a big enough fan to have interest in attending a concert
is willing and able to pay the price for a concert ticket
is willing and able to travel to wherever the concert takes place

... you might just be able to sell out :

a medium to large sized venue on the west coast
a medium sized club (not an arena) somewhere in the midwest
a small to medium sized club (not an arena) somewhere on the east coast.

And that's on a REALLY GOOD day.

But have people forgotten that there is a process called GETTING NEW FANS??? If every artist had the same mindset as some people in this forum then there would be hardly any international success for anybody....they'd just say "well I don't magically have a big fanbase in the US, I guess theres nothing I can do about that."

Foreign artists - no matter how "big" they are in their native country, require huge bankrolls by their supporting record labels (or a sponsorship from a source with very deep pockets) in order to "break out" here. For example, many Northern European pop artists would go totally unknown here if it weren't for PBS airing their concert specials during their all too frequent beg-a-thons. If hundreds of thousands of PBS viewers hadn't the chance to hear the likes of Enya or Celtic Woman or Sissel, we here in the U.S. still wouldn't have a clue who these artists were.

And let's not overlook one MAJOR point in my examples : one HUGE reason these artists have succeeded in the U.S. music market is because they all perform the majority of their catalogues in ENGLISH, which makes them accessible to the U.S. audience. A singer whose repertoire is almost exclusively performed in French would have one gigantic strike against them right from the start. The overwhelming majority of U.S. listeners who don't know who they're hearing wouldn't give her music the chance it deserves; they'd say to themselves "What the heck is this stuff ... a Canadian radio station ?" and start punching buttons to find something else to listen to. That's the cold, hard, demographic truth about the U.S. music listening public, from the broadest perspective.

RCA Eurpoe's bean-counters look to the U.S. and ask the fundamental music business questions : can an Alizée concert on U.S. soil make any money ? Can this be done without taking a loss ? Is there sufficient interest there to make the effort economically worthwhile ? If, somehow, they can answer "yes" to any of those questions, it might be worth a try, albeit with a somewhat conservative effort, just to "test the waters". But don't expect any huge, expensive promotional campaign - Alizée would get the same small, obscure, niche marketing effort that all unknown foreign artists get in the U.S., which means the real fans will get the word but not many others will even know about it, let alone go to the show.

Having a concert here is one of the many ways to increase a fanbase and gain more exposure.

One way, maybe, but light years from the most economical way. It's a potentially big money bet on a seriously long-shot at success (as the record company and promoters would measure success, that is).

HelixSix
05-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Good post Cap. Although I don't think some others are basing their views off what you do...because your one of the only ones with answers.

As far as the questions you raised, I believe "Is there sufficient interest there to make the effort economically worthwhile?" to be the most important one in terms of the U.S. because coming here would be an investment move for the future. If she broke even on a concert here then that would be icing on the cake. Because more important than making an immediate profit on U.S. soil is planting the seed for a much bigger profit in the years to come.

tbailey
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM
I think, though, b/c we're dealing with the music industry financial investors will be more prone to take risks. After all, every time a new act begins his/her career it is almost always a big risk i.e. dropping out of high school or college with little or no money to fall back on. Muscians and the music industry are inherently risk takers imho.

The music industry is inherently risky - trying to predict whether the public will like the act is very very difficult since after all music analysts are trying to predict human taste/opinion (good luck with that).

For example, about 8 years ago Mariah Carey was signed by Virgin records for 80 million dollars. She was for sure a money maker b/c her previous albums were tremendously successful. But her first album under Virgin was lackluster and some much so that Virgin bought out her contract for 28 milliom dollars. Virgin Records, initially wasn't taking much of a risk considering the star and money making power of Carey - but they ended up losing tens of millions of dollars.

So even "guaranteed good decisions" can backfire in the music industry - its part of the game and music indutry decisionmakers have to take risks or fail. I think maybe 2 to 3 show Alizee tour in the U.S. wouldn't be as big of a risk as signing Carey for 80 million dollars.

Its all a matter of perspective. Do any us really know how much it costs to do concert shows? - are we talking hundreds of thousands or even in the millions. RCA of course knows a lot more about this then we do. RCA might be looking at the huge Mexican population in CA, TX, and Nevada. So i wouldn't be too pessimistic but certainly not too optimistic either. Time will tell.

nightbug
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes, we are a country of 300 million + and the majority of us wont listen to music sung in a language other than English. I agree with that.

However, what about the 40 million Latin Americans and 13 million people with French ancestory who live in the US right now. Do the math, thats 53,000,000 people, if only 1% of those are converted to fans, that would be a half million cd sales. I think it's possible, Alizee could have a Gold album here in the US. Were are not as uncultured as alot of the world thinks we are.

Sure, the average person isnt going to give French music the time of day, but what about the 1,700 members on this board. Their could be 17,000 members here with a little airplay and a video on MTV.

It's up to RCA whether they want her to be huge in the US or are just planting a seed here. Maybe they would be happy to have her play 4 or 5 cities and sell 300 tickets a show.

I agree with tbailey, it's hardly a risk at all for RCA to bring Alizee here. Alizee playing a few shows here in the US would cost very little. Unless she is going with the full stage show, dancers, etc.. like in the DVD.

We are all missing a fundamental point here though, maybe it's not about the money, maybe it's about loyaltly. She owes it, to her US fans, to play a few shows here.

Why do these European metal bands (Nightwish, Within Temptaion,etc...) who are playing to 20,000 a night and headlining festivals to 60,000 in Europe, do a 10 club tour of the US , everytime around. It's not about MONEY, it's about loyalty to their US fans.
Their not looking for a huge payday in the US.
And I don't think Alizee is either.

Maybe she would be thrilled to play to 200-500 people in LA, Las Vegas, Miami, Houston and NYC. Which at this point, are very realistic numbers.

ggin
05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
We are all missing a fundamental point here though, maybe it's not about the money, maybe it's about loyaltly. She owes it, to her US fans, to play a few shows here.

Why is that? Alizee doesn't owe me anything. If anything, I owe her for making music that I enjoy.

I hope she does what is best for her. If she comes to the US, I will try to go see her. If she does, I hope it is a successful trip, because if not, she may never return.

Ben
05-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Maybe she would be thrilled to play to 200-500 people in LA, Las Vegas, Miami, Houston and NYC. Which at this point, are very realistic numbers.
Yeah, she could do that. I think it's the only realistic option. Maybe not in all those locations, but at least one or two of them. It would be awesome, so I certainly hope so. But given what we've been told so far, whether she will or not remains to be seen.

Max
05-16-2008, 04:47 PM
I agree with tbailey, it's hardly a risk at all for RCA to bring Alizee here. Alizee playing a few shows here in the US would cost very little. Unless she is going with the full stage show, dancers, etc.. like in the DVD.

That's why Moscow tickets were so expensive - Alizée insisted on the full stage show.

It would be a big risk for a local company to organize such a concert, not knowing how many tickets they'd be able to sell. I'm sure she is known in the United States, millions of views on youtube prove that, but how that fact can be translated into ticket sales is a big unknown.

The Cap
05-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm sure she is known in the United States, millions of views on youtube prove that, but how that fact can be translated into ticket sales is a big unknown.

If you want to base awareness of Alizée on, say, the extremely popular "Jen ai Marre" top-of-the-pops style TV clip that regularly makes the rounds, well ... I dunno. I'm sure you get at least a couple of conversations like :

"Hey, did you look at the YouTube vid link I sent you ?"
"Yeah ... really cute girl, and a catchy song. Who was that ?"
"Her name's Alizée ... French pop singer. Very big in Europe, Mexico and Asia."
"What else has she done ?"

Then, you get a new fan, maybe. Sadly - and I've seen a few of these first hand - the exchange is usually much more like :

"Hey, did you look at the YouTube vid link I sent you ?"
"Yeah, man ! Hot chick ! And that DANCE, holy crap ! What a body ! How OLD is she ?"
"Her name's Alizée ... "
"Didi you see the fish on her butt ? Make it swim, baby, make it SWIM !"
".. . a French pop singer."
"Who cares, man ! I'd fillet that fish ANYTIME ! Hey, what's for lunch today ?"

Sad, but often true. :(

heyamigo
05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
c'mon people, some of you guys seriously overestimate the number of "real" fans she has in the US. i don't mean to be a pessimist, but think realistic for a second. i mean do some of you even know one alizee fan in real life? this forum may give the illusion that she's big in US but like someone said, we're a small minority and in case of a concert, i can bet you not all of us will be able to or willing to fly into another city to attend it. :rolleyes:

that said, small venues in a couple cities make sense to me if there was going to be a concert at all, but we'll see. but it's irritating when some people start saying that she can easily sell out some sizable venues... :confused:

however, i'll be very pissed if kazahkstan and uzbekistan gets concerts and not us. :mad:

HelixSix
05-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Well I paid attention to her quite awhile before I joined this forum, and prior to that I spent some time just lurking here. I'd say the bulk of her U.S. fans don't know of this forum/site or don't really feel the need to find out/join it. And it's probably a good guess that a large portion of her U.S. fans are from the old days and completely unaware of her new album...which is why some marketing efforts in this country would prove successful.

I don't think stats from this forum can predict at all how well she would fill up a concert. The general population has always been turned off about the idea of joining forums because it carries negative connotations.

lefty12357
05-16-2008, 09:24 PM
This sometimes sounds like the “chicken or the egg” argument or a catch 22. On the one hand, Alizée shouldn’t come to the USA because there aren’t enough fans. On the other hand, how do you get enough fans in the USA if you won’t come here to cultivate them. It is the artist’s responsibility to build the fan base. If you are going to be an international star, then you have to get out in the world and win over those fans.

How many fans did Alizée have when she was 15, just before her career started? None. You don’t start out with a free block of fans and you don’t sit around waiting for them to appear like magic. If she had done that, she’d still be waiting. You have to get out there and get exposure, you have to earn your fan base and win them over. She was very fortunate to get all the Mexican fans at very little cost or effort on her part. The same could be said for whatever fans she currently has in the USA. Few artists get a gift like that. As unusual as it seems, my guess is the majority of her CD sales have come from fans she did not directly cultivate. What could she accomplish if she put forth a serious effort towards those markets? She obviously has decided to include Mexico in her plans. But what about the markets that require more effort?

I am not going to be a doom and gloomer and say that Alizée should just stay home and hide in a corner where it’s safe and hope for the best. Nor am I going to say that she should throw caution to the wind and gamble everything on what may be a long shot. That’s for her and her people to decide. They have more data than we do and they will hopefully devise an appropriate strategy for Alizée’s career, and that just may include the USA in some measure.

Finally, when I look at the members here, I see quite a variety of people. We have varied ethnic and religious backgrounds. We range in ages from 14 to 54 and politically we cover the left, right and center. We have a wide range of occupations and hobbies and have both males and females here. And geographically, we are spread across this large country. Yet we all have one obvious thing in common, we admire Alizée, just as she is. Why do people keep saying that Americans can’t accept her? We did.

Infatuated
05-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Great post Lefty, well put. That pretty much says it all right there. If Alizée performing in America is going to happen....then its going to happen otherwise.....who knows?

I personally think that it is inevitable at some point for her to do a show here. I, or probably anyone else except her husband and parents, have no knowledge of the workings of her mind, but she seems content to hang out and do her thing in France. I've heard in interviews from her several times how much she loves Corsica and is 'tied' to the place. So she may not even want to go and perform Everywhere she has fans. That sounds selfish in a way....who knows? I certainly don't :rolleyes:

lefty12357
05-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I, or probably anyone else except her husband and parents, have no knowledge of the workings of her mind, but she seems content to hang out and do her thing in France. I've heard in interviews from her several times how much she loves Corsica and is 'tied' to the place. So she may not even want to go and perform Everywhere she has fans. That sounds selfish in a way....who knows? I certainly don't :rolleyes:

Yeah, she said if it was up to her she wouldn't leave France. Unfortunately, when you sign with a record company, they want to maximize profits on their investment. She knows she has to make the best of it if she is to continue her career, otherwise they won't sign her for any more albums. And I don't think her current sales in France are enough to sustain her career. I guess everything we want in life comes with a cost or a compromise.

Ali
05-16-2008, 09:54 PM

Well, in terms of my estimate of her fan base in the United States, just look at how many CDs she has sold which is very little maybe a 1000 or 2000 or maybe even 10000 copies. Compare that to Mexico where she has sold over 50,000+ copies, based on the last numbers I saw. She has to have a pretty solid fan base in a particular country before she goes to that country.

Now let's look at a breakthrough new artist like Leona Lewis who is from the U.K. I barely knew about her until this year. Why did she all of a sudden became famous? Becuase she had a hit song here in the States. She has sold a decent number of copies of her album here in the States. A person like her could cross the pond and come to America for a concert. Alizee has neither, she doesn't have a hit song nor has she sold a descent number of copies of her album. Her chances of coming here to do a concert, therefore is very unlikely, for now. Top it that off with the fact that she sings in French which is a bummer for most Americans.

tbailey
05-16-2008, 09:58 PM
This sometimes sounds like the “chicken or the egg” argument or a catch 22. On the one hand, Alizée shouldn’t come to the USA because there aren’t enough fans. On the other hand, how do you get enough fans in the USA if you won’t come here to cultivate them. It is the artist’s responsibility to build the fan base. If you are going to be an international star, then you have to get out in the world and win over those fans.

How many fans did Alizée have when she was 15, just before her career started? None. You don’t start out with a free block of fans and you don’t sit around waiting for them to appear like magic. If she had done that, she’d still be waiting. You have to get out there and get exposure, you have to earn your fan base and win them over. She was very fortunate to get all the Mexican fans at very little cost or effort on her part. The same could be said for whatever fans she currently has in the USA. Few artists get a gift like that. As unusual as it seems, my guess is the majority of her CD sales have come from fans she did not directly cultivate. What could she accomplish if she put forth a serious effort towards those markets? She obviously has decided to include Mexico in her plans. But what about the markets that require more effort?

I am not going to be a doom and gloomer and say that Alizée should just stay home and hide in a corner where it’s safe and hope for the best. Nor am I going to say that she should throw caution to the wind and gamble everything on what may be a long shot. That’s for her and her people to decide. They have more data than we do and they will hopefully devise an appropriate strategy for Alizée’s career, and that just may include the USA in some measure.

Finally, when I look at the members here, I see quite a variety of people. We have varied ethnic and religious backgrounds. We range in ages from 14 to 54 and politically we cover the left, right and center. We have a wide range of occupations and hobbies and have both males and females here. And geographically, we are spread across this large country. Yet we all have one obvious thing in common, we admire Alizée, just as she is. Why do people keep saying that Americans can’t accept her? We did.

wow!

great post - i agree with everything said here

it's akin to the situation she was in when she was just starting her career. Many could have said why even bother with France b/c at the time she had no fans there. It just takes work, talent, marketing, and good decisionmaking. Like i've said before Alizee has the complete package and shouldn't shy away from the U.S. market.

HelixSix
05-16-2008, 09:58 PM
We need "Vcash" or some sort of fake currency that some other forums have so we can make bets on these sort of things. ;)

mibir
05-16-2008, 10:05 PM

Wonderful post and I understand what you're saying with how we accepted her. The problem is I don't feel its fair to say this site is a good representation of the general public. We accepted Alizée, but that doesn't automatically mean a sizable amount of others will. The sad truth, as has been mentioned earlier, is that a good portion of American's want to hear English music and cannot understand how people can listen to music in a language they are not themselves fluent in. Am I saying there isn't enough to accept her for some sort of concerts? No, I just feel that the Americans on this site are more of an exception, not the rule, preventing a large fan-base.

heyamigo
05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
is anybody really saying we want her not to come to US? my point and the point of some here is simply this; don't hold your breath and don't overestimate her fan base. just be reasonable.

i think the problem with some members here is that just because we don't share their enthusiasm and we'd rather not set ourselves up for a letdown that we're lesser fans than they are or that we're spreading pessimism. there have been ridiculous assumptions on both sides i suppose, but c'mon some people are trying to base her popularity here based on how many spanish speaking people are in US or the # of youtube views her video has. :rolleyes:

if she comes here great. if she doesn't it's okay. we'll have plenty of chances to see her outside US if we really want to; look at snatcher and roman.

Max
05-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I, or probably anyone else except her husband and parents, have no knowledge of the workings of her mind, but she seems content to hang out and do her thing in France.

It's not a matter of her mind. It's not like one day she decided "I should go to Moscow". It's just SonyBMG Russia invited her. If the local company (like SonyBMG Russia) is willing to risk it, to pay all the expenses, then no problem. But it can be quite risky for the local company.

nightbug
05-17-2008, 12:04 AM
I agree 100%, Alizee is the total package. We really don't know, how many potential fans are out there.

But, there is a market here, or else RCA wouldnt have listed the US as one of the countries she plans on touring. I think the concert/concerts WILL be scheduled. But the question is, if they don't sell enough tickets, they may be in danger of being canceled.

Maybe RCA plans on sending Alizee back to the studio to record english versions of a couple of the new songs.

I still think she can make it though, with singing in French. Maybe it's never been done before in the US, on a huge scale. But if anyone is going to do it....it's going to be Alizee!!!!!!!

I wouldnt bet the house and the bank account on it. But she is the total package. The voice, the image, the songs, and she all kinds of fans...from 14-54.

The record industry is hurting right now. Alot of people don't buy cd's anymore. Maybe RCA has some data that large numbers of people here are buying her songs online.

At this point, Alizee playing to thousands here is a pipe dream. But don't give up hope. Things can change overnight in the music business.

And if things stay the same, we might just have 2 or 3 small intimate club gigs with 200 or less. But look at the positive side, we'll probably get to meet Alizee after the show.

Max
05-17-2008, 12:42 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Kaas

In 1990 Kaas began her first world tour, which lasted 16 months in total. She sang in front of about 750,000 fans in over 196 concerts in 12 countries. Among others Kaas sang daily for a week in Olympia and Zenith, one of the most famous concert halls in Paris. The concerts were sold out four months before they began. Kaas also gave other successful concerts in New York and Washington D.C. in the U.S.. At the end of the tour Mademoiselle chante... had sold 1 million copies in France alone and had achieved diamond status.

The Piano Bar Live tour began in September 2002 in France and lasted until April 2003. It included six sellout concerts in the US, including appearances in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Detroit, as well as at the Beacon Theater in Broadway, New York before 6,000 fans.

The Cap
05-17-2008, 10:07 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Kaas

In 1990 Kaas began her first world tour, which lasted 16 months in total. She sang in front of about 750,000 fans in over 196 concerts in 12 countries. Among others Kaas sang daily for a week in Olympia and Zenith, one of the most famous concert halls in Paris. The concerts were sold out four months before they began. Kaas also gave other successful concerts in New York and Washington D.C. in the U.S.. At the end of the tour Mademoiselle chante... had sold 1 million copies in France alone and had achieved diamond status.

The Piano Bar Live tour began in September 2002 in France and lasted until April 2003. It included six sellout concerts in the US, including appearances in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Detroit, as well as at the Beacon Theater in Broadway, New York before 6,000 fans.

I'm guessing this quote is supposed to support the idea that an artist with a somewhat similar history to Alizée can do a "successful" tour of the U.S., right ?

Only one answer I can give to that : Who is this Kaas person? Never heard of her and have no interest of hearing more about her. What ELSE is on ?

I still have to align with the voices of reason here : anyone getting their hopes up over the idea of a sizable Alizée appearance here in the U.S. isn't willing to acknowledge the cold reality of this. You're doing unsupportable, fantastical (or is that fanatical ?) blue-sky math in an attempt to bolster an untenable and unrealistic position.

The only legitimate comment to make on this whole situation is one that has been wisely made before : time will tell.

fsquared
05-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm guessing this quote is supposed to support the idea that an artist with a somewhat similar history to Alizée can do a "successful" tour of the U.S., right ?

Only one answer I can give to that : Who is this Kaas person? Never heard of her and have no interest of hearing more about her. What ELSE is on ?

I still have to align with the voices of reason here : anyone getting their hopes up over the idea of a sizable Alizée appearance here in the U.S. isn't willing to acknowledge the cold reality of this. You're doing unsupportable, fantastical (or is that fanatical ?) blue-sky math in an attempt to bolster an untenable and unrealistic position.

The only legitimate comment to make on this whole situation is one that has been wisely made before : time will tell.

I think that's part of the point; some people in this discussion are hoping(?) that RCA will somehow decide that it is worthwhile to try to make Alizée a "household name" in the US (via radio play, ads, promotion, etc.). This is in my opinion both unlikely and probably futile. However, I think Max's point is that this example supports the idea that a French singer who is not a household name among most Americans can still successfully perform some tour dates in America.

tbailey
05-17-2008, 11:40 AM
@ The Cap

ha

you share my use of the word "untenable" and yes it was me that said "time will tell"

as for Kaas, though, i can't share your point of view
yes i never heard of her before but then i clicked the link and supposedly she is quite successful - indeed one of the most successful female french artists of all time

and to state that those advocating that Alizee come to America is fanatical - since when is adovcating that an artist that you like come to perform in the U.S. is fanatical?

sorry i'll have to respectfully disagree with you there :D

lefty12357
05-17-2008, 01:00 PM
The Kaas example is a good one and I think Max has a valid point. We should not think in “all or nothing” terms. Alizée does not have to become a household word in the USA to call it a success. Even a small percentage of 300 million people is still a respectable number. There are many artists making very good money in the USA that don’t become household words. Just because an artist has not entered one’s sphere of awareness doesn’t mean their accomplishments are insignificant or not valid. This is what Alizée does for a living. This is what she does to pay the rent. It’s not about being a household word. You enter a new market to sell more, not necessarily to sell to everyone.

Team Alizée must analyze the situation and weigh the cost and risk against the benefits and make a business decision. They have to know to what degree they may want to penetrate the US market, if at all. They have to determine what their goals will be and what they have to achieve to consider their efforts a success. We don’t have the data so we can only speculate as to whether it makes sense or not.

Business is all about risk. You risk and you either make a gain or a loss, or you break even. Every time Alizée does anything there is a risk involved. Just think of the risk she took making this album and signing with RCA. She takes a risk every time she does an interview or walks out on that stage. She is accustomed to risk. The key is managing risk and minimizing it through knowledge. Playing it safe usually doesn’t get you anywhere.

Over on AF I read a translation of an interview in Croatia. Alizée mentioned she is doing intensive English study. I can’t help but to think that she is considering the English speaking markets as potential areas of expansion. As I’ve said before, it seems France and probably Europe as a whole no longer provides the level of sales Alizée needs to keep going at the level of her needs and expectations. Mexico has helped this time around, but what about next time? I think she needs to cultivate new ground each time she releases an album if she is to continue her career over the long haul. Eventually it may lead her to the USA. I want Alizée to have a long and successful career. If coming to the USA at some point will help, then I'm all for it.

Ben
05-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't think you can compare Alizée to Patricia Kaas. :blink:

Look at what it says there: 196 concerts, weeks sold out at the Olympia and Zenith, etc. Not that I don't think Lili could play a few shows here, it's just a bad example. Not at all in her bracket.

There are others I would have picked first, like Émilie Simon or Oliva Ruiz for example. Both of whom I've seen in Canada, incidentally. Which is such an obvious stepping stone, I still wonder why we haven't heard mention of it?

lefty12357
05-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Look what it says there: 196 concerts, weeks sold out at the Olympia and Zenith, etc. Not that I don't think Lili could play a few shows here, it's just a bad example. Not at all in her bracket.

There are others I would have picked first, like Émilie Simon or Oliva Ruiz for example. Both of whom I've seen in Canada, incidentally. Which is such an obvious stepping stone, I still wonder why we haven't heard mention of it?

I agree, if you are comparing careers. I was only looking at the idea of a French singer in general being able to have some success in North America without necessarily being a household name. Your examples are good ones.

I also wonder why Canada hasn’t been mentioned. I think your suggestion of Montreal for a performance was a good one. I keep wondering what research has been done and what information Alizée’s people have and how it is informing their decisions. Or are they just clueless?

Ben
05-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah. I need an excuse to go back to Montreal, I'm hopelessly addicted to Schwartz's Smoked Meat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwartz's). Please Lili! :p

Amigo!
05-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah. I need an excuse to go back to Montreal, I'm hopelessly addicted to Schwartz's Smoked Meat. Please Lili! :p

That does look good :p

http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/index_eng.html

nightbug
05-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Thats a good point. I'm actually a huge fan of Emilie Simon and I attended the Francofolies de Montreal last year, which is the largest French Music Festival in the world. The dates for the festival this year are from July 24 - August 3.

150 artists are going to announced on July 9. These will all be free outdoor concerts.

You would think Alizee would be asked to play this event. They would absolutely INSANE not to ask her. The only question really is, does RCA want to promote her to that market.

http://www.francofolies.com/Francos2008/accueil_en.aspx

and this is the indoor lineup, which are paid concerts:
http://www.francofolies.com/Francos2008/programmation/artIndex_en.aspx

Ben
05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I went to FrancoFolies in 2006 and it was amazing! One of my favorite discoveries there was French-Canadian singer Andrée Watters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9e_Watters). I've often said Alizée should play the festival, it's a guaranteed audience since thousands of French music fans flock there anyway. She could even just appear in one of the free outdoor concerts briefly as a promotional thing. And pick up some Schwartz's. It's gorgeous! :)

Max
05-17-2008, 11:09 PM

Look at what it says there: 196 concerts, weeks sold out at the Olympia and Zenith, etc. Not that I don't think Lili could play a few shows here, it's just a bad example. Not at all in her bracket.

That's 1990, yes.

But her 2002 album "Piano Bar" only reached 10th place in France, and still : "six sellout concerts in the US" at that time.

Ben
05-17-2008, 11:17 PM
After having cultivated that audience in the 90s. And even now I still think of Patricia Kaas as a much bigger artist than Alizée. Again, I'm not saying Lili can't do it. There are just much more appropriate examples.

Youpidou1
05-18-2008, 02:11 AM
I really hope she comes too NY soon because a summer show is so much more exilerating than something like beginning of the school year and such.

nightbug
05-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Yes, NYC would be awesome. I'm hoping Alizee will do something in France in July. Cause I'm going to be in Paris from June 30 - July 30 for a study abroad program. What am I do if the US tour dates are scheduled in July???? I've been worried sick to my stomach about this.

Anyone here debating whether or not to go to France in Oct. or Mexico next month or just wait till she plays here.

They should just release the full tour schedule. This waiting is driving me CRAZY.

HelixSix
05-18-2008, 03:58 AM
I don't think she would come here without at least a few months of marketing beforehand.

Alizee Nation
05-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I would love to see Alizee at The Coachella Festival in April 2009. Check it out Coachella myspace (http://www.myspace.com/coachella) and then do a little youtube for Coachella and see what Daft Punk and Bjork were up to. In 2008 Yelle even brought her French act to the stage, the crowd loved it. Alizee would rock the place! Or check it here (http://alizee-music.blogspot.com/2008/05/alizee-concert.html)

my one person campaign, Alizee at Coachella.

Ange
05-24-2008, 11:12 PM
welcome to AA ajw.

So is Alizee going to America or what?

espire
05-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Yelle is a great example of a successful tour in North America. In fact, I found out just days after her performance in Toronto that she was performing in Toronto! :(

Well, in her own words, "Tristesse, joie, c'est comme ça!"

Future Raptor Ace
05-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Her English is really good now;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2gN69zG64

muttonchops80
05-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow, it IS good. It's great to hear my own language coming from such wonderful lips...*faints*:D

oO°TiNkErBeLL°Oo
05-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Her English is really good now;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2gN69zG64

Good ?
All the frenchies have a bad accent and writting english is easier than to speak it... French Fan knows what I am thinking about :p

lefty12357
05-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Good ?
All the frenchies have a bad accent and writting english is easier than to speak it... French Fan knows what I am thinking about :p

We love French accents...:)

While trying to learn French, the easiest for me is reading. I am still bad at writing. My speaking is terrible and I still have trouble understanding spoken French. I have a very long way to go...

Future Raptor Ace
05-26-2008, 10:05 PM
^yeah her accent is so cute! I don't want her to loose it.

brad
05-26-2008, 10:32 PM
this one is great ... lmao

more english speaking. i would pay $1,000 just for an hour of her talking

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YbpP0hL3iAM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YbpP0hL3iAM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Deepwaters
05-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Good ?

Her English is better than she thinks it is. And it's improving. ;)

And the accent isn't bad. She's understandable, which is all that matters. So she drops a beginning "h" sometimes, big deal! Really, it's cute.

Yeah, I know what you mean about written versus spoken, too. I'm trying to listen to at least a half hour of spoken French every day, to train my ear. Slow going, but hopefully by the time I can visit France (within the next year I hope), I'll be able to speak enough to get by.

tbailey
05-27-2008, 12:13 AM
i really like her accent
i wouldn't change her english too much - maybe a little refinement here and there

but it's sooo cute

painbringer
05-27-2008, 01:50 AM
200,000 copies?? that it???

alizee needs to go back and collaborate with M. farmer again

on her next album alizee needs to bring back the sex appeal...madonna is in her fifties and she still using sex appeal

TheBarrett
05-27-2008, 02:55 AM
on her next album alizee needs to bring back the sex appeal...madonna is in her fifties and she still using sex appeal

Well Madonna is Madonna.
Alizée is herself, and whatever she wants to do should be respected.

Now although she is trying to distance herself from the maximum-lolita appearance that was sold 8 years ago, she can definitely try to bring some of that back to a lesser extent, enough to satisfy her own wishes to be seen as a respected musician, and the audience's wish for a show. Alizée is still young, she's still got a long ways ahead of her, and who knows what will happen in that time, but rest assured I know she will not fail to please and amaze.

French Fan
05-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Good ?

Oui je vois où tu veux en venir :D
Nous sommes au même point toi et moi en anglais mais on s'entraide au moins hein ;)
Au fait bonne réaction que tu as eu y'a pas si longtemps, le pauvre il a du avoir la mort :D

Deepwaters if you wanna learn the french maybe I could help you as you could help me for my english :cool:

Tchaikovsky
05-27-2008, 08:45 AM
this one is great ... lmao

more english speaking. i would pay $1,000 just for an hour of her talking

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YbpP0hL3iAM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YbpP0hL3iAM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Damn she has nice legs :D

Deepwaters
05-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Deepwaters if you wanna learn the french maybe I could help you as you could help me for my english :cool:

Nous avons déjà été d'accord sur celui il y a des mois, j'ai pensé:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=50477#post50477

;)

French Fan
05-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Nous avons déjà été d'accord sur celui il y a des mois, j'ai pensé:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=50477#post50477

;)

OK I didn't remember sorry :(
so DEAL !
if you have an msn ad send me a PM and we could talk to help each other ;)

Future Raptor Ace
05-27-2008, 04:41 PM
^French fan; your english looks great to me. What could you need help in?