PDA

View Full Version : AAP 005: Holy Moscow, Batman!

brad
05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Podcast number 5 is available!

http://moi-alizee.us/podcast/audio/005.mp3

>> Transcript (http://moi-alizee.us/podcast/transcripts/005.html)

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ft racks%2F35632987"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ft racks%2F35632987" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="http://soundcloud.com/vibhash/alizee-america-podcast-005">Alizee America podcast - 005</a> by <a href="http://soundcloud.com/vibhash">Vibhash</a></span>

tbailey
05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
"hearing it sung by Alizée, better in my opinion, sealed the deal for me that I liked her as an artist"

agreed totally
the first song i heard by Alizee
great job ciara! :D

i'll have to admit when SIIHPAPP wrote something like he couldn't post the link so just google that stupid thing he was talking about - i thought that was absolutely hilarious. But sometimes i'm easily amused

brad
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
here is the english promo by Alizée for the Moscow concert that Ciara mentioned in the podcast.

http://moi-alizee.us/dl/rambler.mp3

nurvonic
05-30-2008, 03:13 PM
lol you're funny ciara. great job on a great podcast, and i think the next one will be special ;)

alizee speaks cute english btw :D

atra201
05-30-2008, 03:13 PM
awesome work ciara

Tchaikovsky
05-30-2008, 03:39 PM
You wouldn't mind living in 90 degree weather all the time?! Man I wouldn't mind living in Alaska :cool:

tbailey
05-30-2008, 03:45 PM
well i think there's a big difference b/w humid hot weather and dry hot weather

the latter i prefer
use to live in D.C. and the humidity there was just terrible
but i still definitely prefer hot over cold weather

Geech
05-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Another excellent podcast. :D

atra201
05-30-2008, 03:56 PM
one thing i don't understand is, why do women like to soak in their own filth?

nurvonic
05-30-2008, 04:01 PM

how dirty do you think they are?:blink:

heyamigo
05-30-2008, 04:12 PM

what? you mean feces? what kind of women live in your area man? :eek:

if you mean blood, it's not like they really have a choice... and who says they like it?

Tchaikovsky
05-30-2008, 04:35 PM
well i think there's a big difference b/w humid hot weather a dry hot weather

the latter i prefer
use to live in D.C. and the humidity there was just terrible
but i still definitely prefer hot over cold weather
Well i can't stand ANY type of hot weather. WINTER FTMFW :D

espire
05-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Winter is too cold and too bright.

lefty12357
05-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Another great podcast, Ciara ! Thanks...:)

tbailey
05-30-2008, 08:01 PM
here is the english promo by Alizée for the Moscow concert that Ciara mentioned in the podcast.

now we have Alizee saying her own name
so we get the pronunciation from Alizee herself :D

Brianh
05-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Ah again another great podcast.....Alizee speaking English how cute.

ciarac77
05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all you have to say. Hope you enjoyed it.

i'll have to admit when SIIHPAPP wrote something like he couldn't post the link so just google that stupid thing he was talking about - i thought that was absolutely hilarious. But sometimes i'm easily amused

Oh, Jesus. If I would've known what that meant when I recorded that I would've skipped the new members part. No offense to you, new person.

lol you're funny ciara. great job on a great podcast, and i think the next one will be special ;)

I think you may be right :)

You wouldn't mind living in 90 degree weather all the time?! Man I wouldn't mind living in Alaska :cool:

Nope, bring on the heat! Alaska, huh? I guess we just don't have that in common. :) And on a side note, I live where it's crazy humid and I'm OK with that.

how dirty do you think they are?:blink:

Lol. Yeah, it's less about cleansing and more about relaxing. If I was covered in dirt for some unforeseeable reason, I'm sure I would rinse off before taking a bubble bath. :p And besides, it would be similar to being in a hot tub, except that's a little more unrealistic to complain about for a rental house than a regular bathtub is. Those should just come standard!

TheBarrett
05-30-2008, 09:59 PM

I haven't slept in 25 hours (writing some guitar riffs), I was about to fall dead asleep, until I heard this... :D

I think I can go a bit longer :p

brad
05-30-2008, 10:07 PM
i must admit, the podcast has turned out even better than I could have imagined. And I always have pretty high expectations.

thanks again Ciara, you have really brought new life to the site :)

Chommpers
05-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks so much for the new podcast Ciara always fun to listen to. :D It is also bringing new members as evident from the last podcast thread so it's good for the forums as well, thanks again for doing what your doing.

brad
05-30-2008, 10:16 PM
not to put any added pressure on you or anything, but in the month of May 3,755 unique ip addresses have downloaded one of the podcasts. 1,215 unique people have downloaded episode 004 alone

we still are hovering around 110 subscribers in itunes though, i suspect most people listen on the flash player... all you lurkers subscribe to itunes! :p

it would be awesome to be featured in their music podcast section, that may be a crazy goal though.

Sir Wood
05-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Awesome, something to listen to at work tomorrow. Thanks!

patyl
05-30-2008, 11:48 PM
I really enjoy your podcasts...and to those who make it possible too....Congrats to all you! :D

P.D. I agree with you, both versions of La Isla Bonita are awesome! :wub:

Tical 808
05-31-2008, 12:43 AM
it would be awesome to be featured in their music podcast section, that may be a crazy goal though.

Nah, we can do it. Might take a while but with all the awesome people on this site I think it could happen. :)

Roman
06-01-2008, 05:49 PM
that's what she said - :D

I used Audacity.

Friends reference - love it. I think I'll need the transcription for that.

rcs
06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Ciara, no one is going to be tired of you any time soon. You own this. Thanks for the Lili News S42! See you soon in Mexico. I'm so excited! :D

RadioactiveMan
06-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Fish and Lili speaking en anglais. How do you expect to top this next week? :eek:

Infatuated
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh, Hey! This podcast completely snuck up on me. I was trolling the forums and saw podcast 5. Which i thought i had heard already, but i'm easily confused. ;)

Great show Ciara. This one was educational and everything. :)

Lesson 1 - Wear frickin' sunscreen.
Lesson 2 - Fish is cool.
Lesson 3 - Snatcher42 knows everything.
Lesson 4 - Something about Friends...which as soon as i heard "Friends" my brain starting tuning it out (TV rots your brain)

Ok maybe all these 'lessons' are just common knowledge....
Another Podcast well worth the listen! Keep up the good work guys! The "have a Youpidoo day" line at first made me cringe. But now I love it! It's like your signature or something. Good times! :D

TheBarrett
06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
The podcast thing is gonna get big, I just feel it.

Next thing you know we'll have game shows and whatnot on these things!

johnnywash
06-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks for all the hard work on the podcast Ciara...I loved it and will be a regular listener..

Gatchaman
06-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Keep up the great work on the podcast guys!

JCC
06-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Woot! Loving the Podcasts! These casts make visiting this fansite unique, in addition to all the kick-ass videos that we can watch!!

Keep up the good work. :D

Sir Wood
06-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Nice work once again. I love hearing the latest Lili news by Snatcher!

Another Podcast well worth the listen! Keep up the good work guys! The "have a Youpidoo day" line at first made me cringe. But now I love it! It's like your signature or something. Good times! :D

I agree Infatuated. Ciara, I think it's sweet (and dare I say "cute"?) when you say "bienvenue" and "youpidou". :D

It's always sad once the show ends.

Renegade
06-08-2008, 05:53 PM
She has the cutest voice that I have ever heard.:D

Respect To All
Peace Out:cool:

Roman
06-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Ok I finally broke down and installed iTunes and of course subscribed. *sigh* I hope things turn out better this time with this software. Seems one can not subscribe to and therefore have a very difficult time of getting any netcast without iTunes or maybe something equally buggy.

Amigo!
06-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok I finally broke down and installed iTunes and of course subscribed. *sigh*

lol, oh man... you make it sound like it's a really bad thing :p.

RadioactiveMan
06-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Indeed !

Roman is weak for installing it. Where I come from, he'd be stoned for it.

Amigo!
06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Indeed !

Roman is weak for installing it. Where I come from, he'd be stoned for it.

ouch... well at least they don't burn ya at the steak ;)

TheBarrett
06-09-2008, 12:11 AM
ouch... well at least they don't burn ya at the steak ;)

And all this time, I thought it was the steak that was burned. :D
(assumes your next thought)
Just having fun, you don't have to get all pissy about it... :p

Amigo!
06-09-2008, 12:13 AM
And all this time, I thought it was the steak that was burned. :D
(assumes your next thought)
Just having fun, you don't have to get all pissy about it... :p

mmmmm... well done :p

http://store.theperfectsteak.com/store/images/Tbone-steak.gif

ciarac77
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Wow. That's the most delicious off-topic post I've ever seen.

Joey_adore_Jung
06-10-2008, 11:27 PM
The newest one was great, and look forward to the next Ciarac77

Roman
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Anything remotely funny that's said on here should be sent to me first in case I want to steal the idea and claim it as my own. Way to pick up on that. Very intuitive. And I was still gonna.

Thanks, working on it, but jeeze-this is a very amateur operation I've got going on, and where the hell am I supposed to get material for an hour twice a month? It's harder than you'd think..and more time consuming, obviously. Be grateful for what you get :p
Hey, it's easy just ramble on about sun burns and some dog you saw on the side of the road, the price of ice-cream, whatever. :p just kidding.

maybe a Lili fact of the week (er, two week) if you need material. You know, find something in an interview or other article and just start making lists of facts about and quotes from Alizée. That should be fun to find stuff you don't know. I'm sure there are many interviews and such that I've never seen from the old days and maybe even stuff since her comeback that I never saw translated but maybe has been by now. You could request submissions of such material in fact by other members so that you don't have to do as much digging yourself.

and yes, I did move this comment from the Rubato discussion as it was not relevant there.

ciarac77
06-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey, it's easy just ramble on about sun burns and some dog you saw on the side of the road, the price of ice-cream, whatever. :p just kidding.

maybe a Lili fact of the week (er, two week) if you need material. You know, find something in an interview or other article and just start making lists of facts about and quotes from Alizée. That should be fun to find stuff you don't know. I'm sure there are many interviews and such that I've never seen from the old days and maybe even stuff since her comeback that I never saw translated but maybe has been by now. You could request submissions of such material in fact by other members so that you don't have to do as much digging yourself.

and yes, I did move this comment from the Rubato discussion as it was not relevant there.

Since when does relevancy stop anyone from posting whatever they want wherever they want around here? Way to make an example out of me.

That's a good idea, though. Whoever would be willing to find Alizée factoids for the podcast, let me know.

tbailey
06-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Since when does relevancy stop anyone from posting whatever they want wherever they want around here? Way to make an example out of me.

That's a good idea, though. Whoever would be willing to find Alizée factoids for the podcast, let me know.

i kinda like it when you talk about your random stuff
it personalizes the podcast - makes it more interpersonal and friendly :D

TheBarrett
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM
We could pay you to run ads? :p
Just kidding.

ciarac77
06-12-2008, 11:23 PM
We could pay you to run ads? :p
Just kidding.

Pay me for the podcast? Um, yes please! lol

Amigo!
06-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Pay me for the podcast? Um, yes please! lol

Uh oh... she wants money :o

I think TheBarrett can help you with that ;)

ciarac77
06-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Well, I do love Brits....

TheBarrett
06-13-2008, 12:31 AM
No you don't, you love Spaniards! :D
(points southwest of England)

Amigo!
06-13-2008, 12:35 AM
No you don't, you love Spaniards! :D
(points southwest of England)

I think she likes the £ more than the $ :p

TheBarrett
06-13-2008, 12:57 AM
I think she likes the £ more than the $ :p

"Not that there's anything wrong with that"
:p

Tchaikovsky
06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Buy an American car to help stimulate the economy.

Amigo!
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
"Not that there's anything wrong with that"
:p

Ah... One of my favorite shows of all time :D

TheBarrett
06-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Ah... One of my favorite shows of all time :D

I am so glad you caught that. :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
06-13-2008, 08:08 AM
weird this i don't actually own any american cars, but i do have quite a few american motors and transmissions in a few of my car and just laying around

tbailey
06-13-2008, 11:47 AM
weird this i don't actually own any american cars, but i do have quite a few american motors and transmissions in a few of my car and just laying around

i have a Honda - but i think it's actually manufactured for the most part in the U.S.

i think Honda and Toyota have factories in the U.S. and employ U.S. workers - but my info is hearsay so don't place too much emphasis on it

Roman
06-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey, I wasn't paying much attention before because I already listened to podcast 5, but I just noticed that it didn't automatically show up on my iTunes subscription list and now attempting to get it manually also doesn't work.

And I don't know why you all are talking about cars, but my Honda says it was assembled in Mexico.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
i have a Honda - but i think it's actually manufactured for the most part in the U.S.

i think Honda and Toyota have factories in the U.S. and employ U.S. workers - but my info is hearsay so don't place too much emphasis on it
yep toyota and honda both have manufacturing plants in the US and i think there are a few more foreign car companies that do too (not sure which ones thou)

TheBarrett
06-13-2008, 07:45 PM
What's with the cars? I have no idea, I shall trace the source of the origin. :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
there you go Barrett and i just had a thought after that but i am done now i got any thing that i wanted across

TheBarrett
06-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Well I have like 2 American cars already, so ha!

Shall we divert this topic into something else? Tis a boring day for moi this moment.

DrSmith
07-17-2010, 01:07 AM

Is this still available somewhere?

Merci Alizée
07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Is this still available somewhere?

http://alizeeamerica.com/podcast/audio/005.mp3

One can download all podcasts from this page : http://alizeeamerica.com/podcast/audio/

DrSmith
07-17-2010, 02:47 AM
It's not the podcast I'm looking for, it's the promo.

Merci Alizée
07-17-2010, 02:49 AM
It's not the podcast I'm looking for, it's the promo.

It's not the promo. It's a 26 minutes long podcast.

DrSmith
07-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Sorry, I worded that poorly. I'm not looking for the podcast, I am looking for the promo.

Merci Alizée
07-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Sorry, I worded that poorly. I'm not looking for the podcast, I am looking for the promo.

Oops! sorry I missed that in your first post. I'll check if I had saved it earlier.