PDA

View Full Version : Alize'e on Regis & Kelly?

Rocket
09-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Tonight I sent the following letter to Regis & Kelly: Next month a new movie is coming out starring Russell Crowe. It's called The Good Year. In the trailer there is a song called Moi...Lolita. It is sang by an amazing french singer named Alize'e. She is huge in Europe. Her fame is spreading fast here in the United States via the internet. Many of us would love to see her here and on your show. She has growing fan clubs all over the world. We think it would be wonderful if you could get her to perform on your show. If you would like to see more of her or learn about her you can come to our website: http://moi-alizee.us/. I hope to hear from you soon. If not I hope you consider getting this awesome talent on your show.

Sincerely,

Jenna Blake
(Rocket)

brad
09-13-2006, 10:55 PM
sweet ... maybe Regis will sign up, lmao

mibir
09-13-2006, 10:57 PM
It's a long shot but hey, better than nothing. Good work rocket. :p

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Be prepared for Brad to stalk you now. He already has all our IP addresses and most of our ages, but now he has your full name too. I'd be concerned. ;)

General Patton
09-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Be prepared for Brad to stalk you now. He already has all our IP addresses and most of our ages, but now he has your full name too. I'd be concerned. ;)

Yea I would, for all we know he could Micheal Jackson, or some serial rapist or something... Brad knows where live.... disturbing...

mibir
09-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Then he'll probably go after you patton. After all, you are the youngest.

Spartan500
09-13-2006, 11:07 PM
lol mibir brad can always get a two for one special with patton and bob lol jk

edit: also i forot this but good job rocket. can you guys imagine them getting her on there that would be freakin awesome hey if it happens and u find out when she will be on tpost it cuz i will definitly get a truent for alizee

neoteny
09-13-2006, 11:11 PM
ooooh myyyy gOd. oh my god. fer suuure

General Patton
09-13-2006, 11:16 PM
lol mibir brad can always get a two for one special with patton and bob lol jk

edit: also i forot this but good job rocket. can you guys imagine them getting her on there that would be freakin awesome hey if it happens and u find out when she will be on tpost it cuz i will definitly get a truent for alizee

LOL
Wait....
I wouldn't let Brad rape me!
I'm not the youngest her am I?
All because you guys are older then me, DOES NOT mean you are superior to me in ANY way.

mibir
09-13-2006, 11:20 PM
That's exactly what it means Patton. But let's not stray too off topic. Go rocket.

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Good idea, Rocket. Let's hope whoever reads their mail thinks so, too!

Urb4n
09-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Nice, reminds me that I should take a more active role in spreading the word about Alizee.

RadioactiveMan
09-14-2006, 12:18 AM
The best way to promote Alizée is to find news reports and walk around in the background holding a sign reading "moi-alizee.us"

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Yea I would, for all we know he could Micheal Jackson, or some serial rapist or something... Brad knows where live.... disturbing...

first of Micheal Jackson likes little boys not grown up women

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 12:21 AM
LOL
Wait....
All because you guys are older then me, DOES NOT mean you are superior to me in ANY way.

yeah and stay on topic and you do have to worry because I think you are the youngest

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Tonight I sent the following letter to Regis & Kelly: Next month a new movie is coming out starring Russell Crowe. It's called The Good Year. In the trailer there is a song called Moi...Lolita. It is sang by an amazing french singer named Alize'e. She is huge in Europe. Her fame is spreading fast here in the United States via the internet. Many of us would love to see her here and on your show. She has growing fan clubs all over the world. We think it would be wonderful if you could get her to perform on your show. If you would like to see more of her or learn about her you can come to our website: http://moi-alizee.us/. I hope to hear from you soon. If not I hope you consider getting this awesome talent on your show.

Sincerely,

Jenna Blake
(Rocket)

nice job rocket what do you think of my signature

bt_bird_90
09-14-2006, 03:55 AM
Regis & Kelly is located on the EAST coast, we want Alizée to visit the WEST coast, silly

nurvonic
09-14-2006, 05:17 AM
good job rocket. like someone said, its a long shot, but still has a slight chance of working and thats better than nothing. Regis is a goof ball btw:)

General Patton
09-14-2006, 07:50 AM
first of Micheal Jackson likes little boys not grown up women

HRRRRRR
I am not a woman! How is that possible!

rcs
09-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Good job Rocket. Way to spread the word. I'm still doing my part, but not quite on a scale like you. Good thinking.

C-4
09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Way to go Rocket! :)
Stephen

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Before I say good job Rocket, who is Regis and Kelly? I am new to this country so bear with my stupid question.

Pirate515
09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Before I say good job Rocket, who is Regis and Kelly? I am new to this country so bear with my stupid question.It's this really popular TV show that is aired on weekday mornings on ABC, hosted by Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, hence the name "Live with Regis and Kelly". They mostly talk about entertainment news and very often invite all kinds of celebrities (actors, musicians, etc.), especially around the time when their albums/movies/TV shows come out, so this show often serves promotion purposes for most of its guests.

I think it would be a great idea to have Alizee on that show. That would depend on two things though: whether Alizee herself wants to do it and whether the producers of the show would want to have her on there.

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Regis also hosts the very popular show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Regis also hosts the very popular show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"

I have heard about this show, thanks a lot Pirate. Let them get Alizee on their show and it will be the first time I will watch abc channel ;) .

Pirate515
09-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Regis also hosts the very popular show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"He used to host it when it was on ABC, but not any more after rights to the show were sold to CBS. The CBS version of the show is hosted by some lady whose name I don't even know, airs during the morning vs. prime-time for ABC version, and IMO is not as good as it once was. I also remember ABC trying to bring it back as "Super Millionaire" and Regis did host that, but I do not believe it lasted too long.

Recently, Regis also hosted a show called "America's Got Talent", which is similar to "American Idol", but is not solely about singing.

I sure do hope that "Live" producers will take Rocket's letter seriously and check Alizee out (if they don't know about her already), and then at least try to bring her onto the show.

Impurator
09-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Bravo Rocket, I approve. Speaking of writing letters, I noticed in the JAM Behind the Scenes video that Alizée is clearly eating Nutella on bread. Now, recently Nutella dropped Kobe Bryant from the front of their packaging (it coincided with a certain row of negative publicity) and I was thinking, hey, they should get Alizée on the front to replace him. I won't lie and say I'd buy more Nutella because of it (I already buy plenty <3) but I think it'd be good times.

I think I shall write a letter in a similar vein to the nice Ferrero company.
There's only a snail mail address - I feel lost in this strange world of paper letters! Wish me luck, I'll need it!

Bob
09-14-2006, 08:55 PM
good job rocket, it seems like you have been doing a lot of things like this lately

LOL
Wait....

and general, you are the second youngest, i am the youngest, but i am bigger than you and many people on this site, so i don't count =)

General Patton
09-14-2006, 11:33 PM
How do you know that you are bigger then me? Hum? You could be lieing, and even if you weren't size doesn't matter over the internet words do, not your age, not your gender, not your size but your words.

RadioactiveMan
09-14-2006, 11:44 PM
It's not that we're superior in any way, it's that we're superior in every way! :cool:

General Patton
09-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Your not superior to me in anyway radio!

riva2model64
09-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Bravo Rocket, I approve. Speaking of writing letters, I noticed in the JAM Behind the Scenes video that Alizée is clearly eating Nutella on bread. Now, recently Nutella dropped Kobe Bryant from the front of their packaging (it coincided with a certain row of negative publicity) and I was thinking, hey, they should get Alizée on the front to replace him. I won't lie and say I'd buy more Nutella because of it (I already buy plenty <3) but I think it'd be good times.

I think I shall write a letter in a similar vein to the nice Ferrero company.
There's only a snail mail address - I feel lost in this strange world of paper letters! Wish me luck, I'll need it!

I wish you luck Impurator and I think that's a great idea!!
I just want to point out though, that that there are lots of competitors to Nutella in Europe because hazlenut-chocolate spread is popular there(i forget one is Nugatti or something like that). . .it is like the peanut butter of the US in many countries.

Rocket, I tried something sort of similar to what you tried(I don want to talk about that), and it didn't work out for me. All I can say is, I hope things work out better for you, k?

ps. ever had a peanut-butter and jelly and nutella sandwich? miam-miam!! my mom packed it in my lunch a few times

Urb4n
09-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Your not superior to me in anyway radio!

I admire the effort Patton, but just give up.

rwd716
09-15-2006, 02:35 AM
More classic picking on Patton! :D

aditya8617
09-15-2006, 10:06 AM

I would say the same to Bob as well along with Patton. And Radio is perfectly right about superiority!

pineapplejello
09-16-2006, 12:35 AM

Sincerely,

Jenna Blake
(Rocket)
Jenna, I empathize with you in trying to get ALIZEE on Regis. Firstly, that is very old news about the movie trailier, but thank you. It just about 30 seconds of one song, not enough to warrant a showing on Regis.
Secondly, Alizee does not know enough English to be on the show
Thirdly, The last thing ALIZEE wants to do is sing "moi Lolita" its like going backwards.
Finally, here it is SEPEMBRE!! STILL no new CD from ALIZEE. Even if she did come up with a new CD, it will be far removed from the past, probably more rock from my good sources and a far cry from the lolita days. I doubt you will even here her sing that song anymore in concerts or TV.

General Patton
09-16-2006, 01:02 AM

No, I will not give it up, you can't just say I am superior to you in very way all because I am older then you, that is just absurd!

Pirate515
09-16-2006, 01:36 AM
The last thing ALIZEE wants to do is sing "Moi... Lolita", it's like going backwards.Very true. Being married and a mom, she has definitely grown out of this image. If Alizee does make an appearance on "Live with Regis and Kelly" or any other American show, I'm sure that she will be promoting her new songs, not things from her past, especially given the fact that she has left her past producers.

IMO, the most ideal thing to do would be to show a video collage about Alizee's history, which will show exerpts from her past videos such as "Moi... Lolita", "J'en Ai Marre!", concerts, etc., perhaps even intercut it with her interview with the host(s), and once the interview is over, have her perform one of her new songs live. I believe that's the way Regis and Kelly do it when they have singers and/or musicians on their show.

riva2model64
09-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Very true. Being married and a mom, she has definitely grown out of this image. If Alizee does make an appearance on "Live with Regis and Kelly" or any other American show, I'm sure that she will be promoting her new songs, not things from her past, especially given the fact that she has left her past producers.

IMO, the most ideal thing to do would be to show a video collage about Alizee's history, which will show exerpts from her past videos such as "Moi... Lolita", "J'en Ai Marre!", concerts, etc., perhaps even intercut it with her interview with the host(s), and once the interview is over, have her perform one of her new songs live. I believe that's the way Regis and Kelly do it when they have singers and/or musicians on their show.

yes pirate, I imagined it just as you described

if and when she gets back in the musicing business, she'll prolly sing moi... lolita at concerts, but for old times sake and for the fun of it

Fisherman
09-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I completely agree with Pirate. Having a child is very life altering even at her young age.

I was thinking that getting Alizee straight to TV is a rather big step. Getting some dance mixes played at dance clubs might be an easier way to build her popularity since people pay more attention to the beat than to lyrics. I'll have to look into that.

riva2model64
09-16-2006, 02:34 PM
good thought fisherman and oh yeah welcome to moi-alizee.us

NANAKI
09-16-2006, 04:51 PM
well I just saw the preview of the movie and I think they will probably play the entire song in the movie they usually do

General Patton
09-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Welcome fisherman, to the site!

Rocket
09-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Jenna, I empathize with you in trying to get ALIZEE on Regis. Firstly, that is very old news about the movie trailier, but thank you. It just about 30 seconds of one song, not enough to warrant a showing on Regis.
Secondly, Alizee does not know enough English to be on the show
Thirdly, The last thing ALIZEE wants to do is sing "moi Lolita" its like going backwards.
Finally, here it is SEPEMBRE!! STILL no new CD from ALIZEE. Even if she did come up with a new CD, it will be far removed from the past, probably more rock from my good sources and a far cry from the lolita days. I doubt you will even here her sing that song anymore in concerts or TV.

I’d like to thank everyone for their comments both positive and negative. Just to let everyone know I’ve also written letters to The Tonight Show, Late Night with David Letterman, Saturday Night Live, Today, Good Morning America and The View. I still feel positive about this for four reasons:

1. Even though the trailer is ‘old news’ it is still talking about an up and coming movie starring Russell Crowe. And though Moi…Lolita is only 30 seconds long it may entice a longer listen by those who book the shows.

2. If it is true that Aliz’ee may not know enough English there is a new invention called an interpreter.(Sarcasm) Most of Regis’ musical guests come out toward the end and do their song followed by a very short interview and then he asks them to play them out while the credits roll.

3. Some say that singing the song Moi…Lolita is a step backwards. Like it or not it is her signature song. Lena Horne is most famous for her song Stormy Weather. Although she has made many other hits over the years, this is the one most requested. Once The Good Year opens more and more people will be asking about this ‘new’ song playing in the background.

4. Demographics show that one letter from a viewer equals the opinion of 1,000. Nielsen Ratings uses the same equation to evaluate television shows.

General Patton
09-17-2006, 11:18 PM
I’d like to thank everyone for their comments both positive and negative. Just to let everyone know I’ve also written letters to The Tonight Show, Late Night with David Letterman, Saturday Night Live, Today, Good Morning America and The View. I still feel positive about this for four reasons:

1. Even though the trailer is ‘old news’ it is still talking about an up and coming movie starring Russell Crowe. And though Moi…Lolita is only 30 seconds long it may entice a longer listen by those who book the shows.

2. If it is true that Aliz’ee may not know enough English there is a new invention called an interpreter.(Sarcasm) Most of Regis’ musical guests come out toward the end and do their song followed by a very short interview and then he asks them to play them out while the credits roll.

3. Some say that singing the song Moi…Lolita is a step backwards. Like it or not it is her signature song. Lena Horne is most famous for her song Stormy Weather. Although she has made many other hits over the years, this is the one most requested. Once The Good Year opens more and more people will be asking about this ‘new’ song playing in the background.

4. Demographics show that one letter from a viewer equals the opinion of 1,000. Nielsen Ratings uses the same equation to evaluate television shows.

um...
Rocket I hope you know that the chances of them writing back and accepting are like .000000000000000000000000000000000000001-10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000

Urb4n
09-18-2006, 12:48 AM

There you have it, whip out the pen 'n paper kids.

rwd716
09-18-2006, 02:06 AM
I think it's really great all of that "encouragement" you guys are giving rocket. :rolleyes:

She's actually trying to promote Alizée--not just post 1200 times in some forum.

C-4
09-18-2006, 08:00 AM
um...
Rocket I hope you know that the chances of them writing back and accepting are like .000000000000000000000000000000000000001-10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

aditya8617
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Wow Rocket, you are actually crazier than I thought about Alizee.

@ Patton: Why do you have to be so negative all the time.

General Patton
09-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Wow Rocket, you are actually crazier than I thought about Alizee.

@ Patton: Why do you have to be so negative all the time.

I am not negative all the time!

Rocket
09-28-2006, 10:00 PM
um...

I'll have you know that I recently received a letter from The Tonight Show and Today. Today showed no interest but The Tonight Show did say that they are very excited about Russell Crowe's up and coming movie and they will certainly consider having Alizee as a musical guest. No promise but at least a response.

Closer to home, I introduced a friend to our Lili and sent him a link to our site.

Alizee Rules!!

Bob
09-28-2006, 10:05 PM
I'll have you know that I recently received a letter from The Tonight Show and Today. Today showed no interest but The Tonight Show did say that they are very excited about Russell Crowe's up and coming movie and they will certainly consider having Alizee as a musical guest. No promise but at least a response.

Closer to home, I introduced a friend to our Lili and sent him a link to our site.

Alizee Rules!!

wow... that is awsome...
rocket is now me 2nd favorite person on the site (sorry brad has majority vote w/ me)

jaco
09-28-2006, 10:07 PM

Alizee Rules!!

That would be awesome!! Once her new album comes out she should at least have a marketing team with the backing of her record company that can help make this happen. I'm pretty sure that her (French) promotional team will underestimate her overseas commercial potential, so there is a lot of work for this community to push her in the non-European / Japanese markets!!

HibyPrime
09-28-2006, 10:07 PM

Alizee Rules!!

Wow.. Nice work

riva2model64
09-28-2006, 10:15 PM
awesome rocket, very cool!!

DJ_Greg
09-28-2006, 11:09 PM

Alizee Rules!!

Hot damn! I never thought you'd hear anything back from either of those shows. That's actually really awesome. Good job!

Today show...was that the one with Katie Couric? If so...F them. (I don't like Katie Couric). If not, then, uh....F them anyway for not wanting Alizée. At least they responded, though.

Sir Wood
09-28-2006, 11:20 PM
The Tonight Show did say that they are very excited about Russell Crowe's up and coming movie and they will certainly consider having Alizee as a musical guest. No promise but at least a response.

Nice job Rocket! I figured the same that once 20th Century Fox (and Russell Crowe) starts their media blitz on national radio and TV for "A Good Year" that this could really help us in getting the word out.

hehe... We should all stand in the movie line play "Moi… Lolita."

rwd716
09-28-2006, 11:22 PM
I can't wait till this movie comes out. Cause then I won't seem so crazy for listening to her. LOL!

Twitch
09-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Nice Idea rocket, got me thinking to try it with the French music stations here in Canada, considering they did play moi-lolita back when it came out. I only saw part of the video once but most people didn't and they didn't buy Gourmandises when it was released here. I mean who releases an album in a different continent by a new singer and expects people to buy it without any advertising for it. :mad: And because the Asians bought more the label spent their efforts there for Mes Courants and didn't even bother releasing it here. :( But they did release the I'm not Twenty remixes so I'm hoping that they will try again with the new album...and if they do it would be nice to have enough PR to generate CD sales this time.

Sir Wood
09-28-2006, 11:32 PM
I can't wait till this movie comes out. Cause then I won't seem so crazy for listening to her. LOL!

Crazy - insane, you get the idea:

"What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years at the end of which they tell you to piss off; ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time? Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?" - Garland, Con Air

(But I digress. Sorry for going off topic Rocket.)

nurvonic
09-29-2006, 12:22 AM

Alizee Rules!!

good job! if only you had written to Late Night with conan o'brien...he's my favorite late night talk show host. but leno is in a better time slot than conan. conan averages about 2 million viewers per night, but im sure leno gets alot more viewers. anyway, great job! its a long shot, but i hope we see her on the show soon :)

Rocket
09-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, I did it again. Go to http://messages.movies.yahoo.com/Movies/Films/forumview?bn=12172484-hv1809233740f0

riva2model64
09-29-2006, 12:54 AM
nice rocket, very nice!!
you are rocking
i rate

RadioactiveMan
09-29-2006, 12:59 AM
That only means that we should send more letters to the Tonight show. Eventually having Alizée on the show will be easier than throwing out all of our mail.

Rocket
09-29-2006, 06:57 AM
Ok fellow Alizee lovers: Go to this site http://messages.movies.yahoo.com/Mov...hv1809233740f0

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT UNDER MY THREAD. The more statements there are the more serious they'll take us. Even the movie's producers check this site. So let them hear from you. VIVA L'ALIZEE!!

C-4
09-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Great going Rocket!
I would love to see Alizée on the Tonight Show even if she didn't tour the USA immediately.
That would be great exposure to American audiences for her.

aditya8617
09-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Ok fellow Alizee lovers: Go to this site http://messages.movies.yahoo.com/Mov...hv1809233740f0

It says page not found:(.
If she doesn't want to come here we will force her to come by writting to the TV shows:p.

Rocket
09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Scroll up a few where I first posted it. You'll find it that way. I don't know why the second one isn't working, it's the same identical link.

aFrenchie
09-29-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't know why the second one isn't working, it's the same identical link.
You have copied-pasted the text part of your previous post. But look closely: vBulletin cuts long links in messages by inserting '...' inside. So the link you created in your second post was cut and had the '...' instead of being the actual link! Drag your mouse over both links and you'll see (in your status bar) that they're different! The "text" is the same in both messages though :)

Sir Wood
09-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Well, I did it again. Go to http://messages.movies.yahoo.com/Movies/Films/forumview?bn=12172484-hv1809233740f0

Outstanding once again Rocket! I rated. ;)

Rocket
09-29-2006, 09:32 PM

We can't let this die. So let's try this: go click on this site and make a comment under my thread. Then come back go and copy my quote back to your message. Say anything you want just as long as we keep this thread in view on the forum. The more people see it, the more they will respond.

I saw five responses today and that's great. So far that's the most out of all of them.

brad
09-29-2006, 09:37 PM
you have the best rating too :)

aditya8617
09-29-2006, 10:17 PM
We can't let this die. So let's try this: go click on this site and make a comment under my thread. Then come back go and copy my quote back to your message. Say anything you want just as long as we keep this thread in view on the forum. The more people see it, the more they will respond.

I saw five responses today and that's great. So far that's the most out of all of them.

Great work Rocket! I posted my short message too. Is it ok to post more than once that way it will stay at the top for sure.

Rocket
09-29-2006, 10:49 PM

I meant post THIS quote. LOL Come on you guys..try to keep up. :p

rcs
09-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I've done my duty today. Posted on digg and Rocket's Yahoo thread. Now, I've got to contact my nephews and friends. All you folks out there shouldn't let your posting stop with just yours. Spread the word. Make Alizee happy. :)

Bob
10-01-2006, 01:35 PM
lol riva, love your reply.. ill reply there in a sec

"Hmm yes, I agree with you. The artist Alizée is very good indeed, and I'm sure that her coming to the US would attract a LOT of attention. "
-riva

rcs
10-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I meant post THIS quote. LOL Come on you guys..try to keep up. :p

Time to get Rocket's thread back up here for our duty as fans.

Go to http://messages.movies.yahoo.com/Mov...hv1809233740f0

Please post. :)

Rocket
10-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Time to get Rocket's thread back up here for our duty as fans.

Go to http://messages.movies.yahoo.com/Mov...hv1809233740f0

Please post. :)

Thanks rcs, so far we have the most posts on this site. Let's keep this up.

NANAKI
10-03-2006, 05:12 PM
well I posted on it to Rocket can you find which one is me.

Rocket
10-03-2006, 05:54 PM

I think I found it. LOL thanks a bunch.

neoteny
10-04-2006, 08:56 AM
i didnt read anything...humbug...