PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of Alizée in online gaming

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 10:57 PM
So, as I might have mentioned here (or more likely in chat), my friend had been bugging me to try World of Warcraft out...probably for about a year. I finally caved last month, made a hunter and named him Jacotey. For those who don't know about this game, hunters get a pet animal (wolves, lions, raptors, boars, etc.) that they can fight with. My pet, of course, is always named Alizée. :D

Tonight I was fighting monsters in this cave on my way to complete a quest, when a party of characters showed up, doing the same thing. This is a small cave, so I said "why don't we party up, since we're doing the same quest?" They invited me to their group, and I noticed they were all speaking a foreign language. (In Warcraft, when you're in a party, you have access to party-only chat that no one else can see). It didn't take me too long to realize that they were speaking French.

Imagine being one of those people. You're French. You're playing a game dominated by the English language. You're running around, doing your thing, when you stumble upon a character named Jacotey with a wolf named after a pop star you haven't heard about in THREE years. Add onto it, this person clearly doesn't speak French. I dunno...I thought it was hysterical, so I imagine it must have been a LOT funnier for them.

mibir
09-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Hmm, not you too Greg. Oh well, at least you had a neat encounter. Could you make out anything they were saying? Did they mention Alizee at all?

General Patton
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
WOW is so gay, I hate, but Oblivion on the other hand, is like crack... I have like 200 hours on ONE guy... It got to the point where I was playing 5+ hours a day on a school day.

Shep
09-13-2006, 11:06 PM
I couldn't get into WoW, I was too used to SWG which used to be SO friggin' great but was ruined by moron developers... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Hmm, not you too Greg. Oh well, at least you had a neat encounter. Could you make out anything they were saying? Did they mention Alizee at all?

Oh damn...I think one of them kept saying "C'est pas ma faute" and I completely did NOT make the connection. I just remember the word "faute" a bunch. Hahahaha. This story keeps getting better and better. :D

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
WOW is so gay, I hate, but Oblivion on the other hand, is like crack... I have like 200 hours on ONE guy... It got to the point where I was playing 5+ hours a day on a school day.

I've played both games. They're basically the same. You quest, you kill stuff, etc. What I don't like about the Elder Scrolls games is they don't have classes. Well, they sort of do...but you have complete freedom to do whatever you want. That's nice, I guess, but all my characters end up being the same after a while. At least with set classes, I have certain things I can and can't do...it makes the gameplay completely unique each time.

Urb4n
09-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Quit WoW..

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 12:16 AM
never got into online games play computer games but not online

O Rly
09-14-2006, 12:51 AM
So, you went and tried WoW... What race?
And don't play the game too much, it sucks life right out of you. I have some 100 days /played on three lvl 60's, but since i played together with my brother it's about half that that i actually played... Still it's a lot of time spent playing a game :( BTW what server are you on?

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 12:58 AM
So, you went and tried WoW... What race?
And don't play the game too much, it sucks life right out of you. I have some 100 days /played on three lvl 60's, but since i played together with my brother it's about half that that i actually played... Still it's a lot of time spent playing a game :( BTW what server are you on?

my friends had a problem with that now it is something ........ Factions can't remember :confused:

Edit: remembered Guild Wars Factions

rwd716
09-14-2006, 01:18 AM
As gay as you may think WoW is, it's brought a lot of people to Alizée. :cool:

RadioactiveMan
09-14-2006, 01:38 AM
I've only had two Alizée-related incidents while playing a game online.

The first occured when a clan mate of mine made reference to the quote in my profile on Socom 3 which says "People cooler than Alizée" and has a blank list. A guy on the opposing team knew who she was but hadn't hear much of her music if any.
The second was when I played Socom 3 with HibyPrime one night. It was fun but there isn't really anything else interesting to report about that.

newalizeefan
09-14-2006, 03:06 AM
So, as I might have mentioned here (or more likely in chat), my friend had been bugging me to try World of Warcraft out...probably for about a year. I finally caved last month, made a hunter and named him Jacotey. For those who don't know about this game, hunters get a pet animal (wolves, lions, raptors, boars, etc.) that they can fight with. My pet, of course, is always named Alizée. :D

Tonight I was fighting monsters in this cave on my way to complete a quest, when a party of characters showed up, doing the same thing. This is a small cave, so I said "why don't we party up, since we're doing the same quest?" They invited me to their group, and I noticed they were all speaking a foreign language. (In Warcraft, when you're in a party, you have access to party-only chat that no one else can see). It didn't take me too long to realize that they were speaking French.

Imagine being one of those people. You're French. You're playing a game dominated by the English language. You're running around, doing your thing, when you stumble upon a character named Jacotey with a wolf named after a pop star you haven't heard about in THREE years. Add onto it, this person clearly doesn't speak French. I dunno...I thought it was hysterical, so I imagine it must have been a LOT funnier for them.

you shouldve made a female night elf hunter named "alizee"...then named your pet jacotey. you get a bonus too, the female night elfs dance like alizee.
i remember this one guy (either on AF forums or these forums) named his character alizee and named his pet youpidoo and jenaimarre. i forgot who he was though.
but quit that game when you can, or else you will be spending hours on it. its fun but it does suck life out of you and you sometimes end up playing hours and hours without even knowing it.

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 12:55 PM
you shouldve made a female night elf hunter named "alizee"...then named your pet jacotey. you get a bonus too, the female night elfs dance like alizee.
i remember this one guy (either on AF forums or these forums) named his character alizee and named his pet youpidoo and jenaimarre. i forgot who he was though.
but quit that game when you can, or else you will be spending hours on it. its fun but it does suck life out of you and you sometimes end up playing hours and hours without even knowing it.

I couldn't be a Night Elf because they're in the Alliance and my friends are in the Horde. So I went with a troll because I thought they looked cool, and they're better at using bows (good for a hunter).

I'm playing a bunch now because I'm between jobs, but once the new one starts my playing time will be cut down significantly.

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 12:57 PM

That's true. I was telling this story in guild chat and mentioned that my pet was "named after this French pop star."

Somebody responded: "She is HOT"

:D

O Rly
09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Whatever you do, don't raid. It's boring (may seem cool for the first 2 times you run through an instance, but you have to do the same over and over), takes no skill, is not fun, you have to raid around schedules... If you do anything there, PvP and do some 5 mans (You can do UBRS without a guild too).

So what level is your Troll hunter?

P.S. The first paragraph may seem like complete BS to people that don't play WoW.

RadioactiveMan
09-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Somebody responded: "She is HOT"

http://www.therealmartha.com/WANews/duh_Garfield.jpg

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I am not in into WoW but into Day of defeat. But I popularized Alizee on our server. It all started when I used Alizee pic(The Black outfit) as my spary. I never expected this, but everyone started asking about the girl in the pic and I told them about Alizee. Everyone on our team(Nazi) got so busy chatting about Alizee that we were losing. The US army people were wondering why most of us are still in spawn point and when they came to know I was requested to spary the pic towards the center of the map so that even they could see. At one point she was so popular that many players sprayed her pics and anyone who spoke bad about her would be kicked from server immediately. Unfortunately the craze has now died down though everybody still appreciates her grace and beauty.

Wow, that must be my longest post so far.

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I am not in into WoW but into Day of defeat. But I popularized Alizee on our server. It all started when I used Alizee pic(The Black outfit) as my spary. I never expected this, but everyone started asking about the girl in the pic and I told them about Alizee. Everyone on our team(Nazi) got so busy chatting about Alizee that we were losing. The US army people were wondering why most of us are still in spawn point and when they came to know I was requested to spary the pic towards the center of the map so that even they could see. At one point she was so popular that many players sprayed her pics and anyone who spoke bad about her would be kicked from server immediately. Unfortunately the craze has now died down though everybody still appreciates her grace and beauty.

Wow, that must be my longest post so far.

That is AWESOME.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 04:05 PM

that is true but I never played it never will and I still found out about her :p :D

HibyPrime
09-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Whatever you do, don't raid. It's boring (may seem cool for the first 2 times you run through an instance, but you have to do the same over and over), takes no skill, is not fun, you have to raid around schedules... If you do anything there, PvP and do some 5 mans (You can do UBRS without a guild too).

So what level is your Troll hunter?

P.S. The first paragraph may seem like complete BS to people that don't play WoW.

PvP gets just as bad as rading - sometimes worse if you are actually going for GM (highest rank availible, dont ask). 5 mans are not bad, but they get boring real fast.

Basically, the game is either really boring or extremley addictive. Think drug addictivness here people, the game is a terrible time sink.

BTW they named a bird O'Reilly in booty bay - i laughed pretty hard when I saw it. YaRly

Edit: here is what I have left over after about 65 days played on this character. http://ctprofiles.net/405815 - this is nice isnt it?

Bob
09-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Quit WoW..

yes.. please... you will thank us later

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:05 PM

definately

HibyPrime
09-14-2006, 09:11 PM

QFT. You will regret playing WoW.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:12 PM
QFT. You will regret playing WoW.

no he won't it isn't that great of a game anyway

HibyPrime
09-14-2006, 09:22 PM
tell that to the 5 million+ people that play it - and the people who have ruined parts of their lives because of it.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:31 PM
most of them had no lives to begin with anyway

HibyPrime
09-14-2006, 09:32 PM
... Are you trying to egg me on?

Anyway, WoW is bad, and not worth the money you spend monthy. nuff said.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:34 PM
... Are you trying to egg me on?

Anyway, WoW is bad, and not worth the money you spend monthy. nuff said.

if you you didn't like it whay did you defend it

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Y'all have no time management skills!

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I personally have pretty good time management I am able to do almost all my homework at school not home and I work and go on here for hours at a time and now I'm going to start reading Mein Kampf

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 10:12 PM
The people whose "lives have been ruined" have poor time management.

WoW has nothing on Civ 4, as far as ability to ruin lives. THAT game is addictive. It's the design, though. Civ games have no real "break." You don't ever finish a quest, or finish ANYTHING, that would lead you to say, "OK, now is a good time to stop." It just keeps going and going. One campaign could take you days to complete, if you went non-stop. You can easily lose more hours in a Civ game than in WoW.

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 10:19 PM
I just don't like any fantasy stuff, all games I like are something that could happen in real world. No playing WoW or other alien games, I just don't like them.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:20 PM
I just don't like any fantasy stuff, all games I like are something that could happen in real world. No playing WoW or other alien games, I just don't like them.

I play games that are based off of history such as Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Bob
09-14-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm actually almost completly off playing video games at the moment, its much better than being addicted

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm actually almost completly off playing video games at the moment, its much better than being addicted

yeah I'm getting off of them too it feels good to have a life outside of video games

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't have a problem with that, I somehow have never been addicted to anything except, soccer and Alizee. I am in total control of my life other than that.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:34 PM
for me its chocolate, pound cake, and now Alizée

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 10:46 PM

Actually I feel the opposite. Like games based on WWII, for example. It's like...my grandfather fought in that war...got shot and could have died if the bullet was slightly off...and I never would have been born. Not even that - lots of real people did die in that war. It just seems like those games make light of real historical events. Don't misunderstand, it's something I feel that strongly about...it's just not the type of game I enjoy playing.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Actually I feel the opposite. Like games based on WWII, for example. It's like...my grandfather fought in that war...got shot and could have died if the bullet was slightly off...and I never would have been born. Not even that - lots of real people did die in that war. It just seems like those games make light of real historical events. Don't misunderstand, it's something I feel that strongly about...it's just not the type of game I enjoy playing.

well everyone does have there favorite type me I'll play almost anything though

RadioactiveMan
09-14-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't have a problem with Civ 4 like Greg does, but I do play it for long stretches occasionally (not since the summer though).

Quit WoW Yeah- play Socom 3!

General Patton
09-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Yea WOW can easy ruin lives I have seen it happen...it does more damage then drugs sometimes...
Anyway yea I enjoy video games, but I don't OD on them, I try to balance my time, so I don't end up spending hours, on the 360.
Oh to Bob did you play Prey that game if freaky!

rwd716
09-15-2006, 02:24 AM
(You can do UBRS without a guild too)

UBRS is for noobs! LOL!

There's a point when you have to raid to get enough gear to keep up in pvp (unless you like getting pwnd). Alright I'm starting up nerds4alizée.us now! :rolleyes:

aditya8617
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Alright I'm starting up nerds4alizée.us now! :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, now this is a nerd world, because they are the ones who get cool after college with money and stuff.

O Rly
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
UBRS is for noobs! LOL!

There's a point when you have to raid to get enough gear to keep up in pvp (unless you like getting pwnd). Alright I'm starting up nerds4alizée.us now! :rolleyes:

Well, UBRS is the best instance you can do as a non raider(there are servers where they do PuGs for Onyxia and ZG, though. I raided for some 3 months with my mage in a guild that's doing BWL now(i left at the point when we killed razorgore, i just got bored and stoped playing)... But i don't feel like the game did anything bad(actualy it was good, cause at that time most of my classmates started smoking and drinking...(don't ask) and i stayed away from all that crap).

Since i played together with my brother it did not feel like i was isolating myself from everything. I still went out with some friends to see a movie or just do something. It did not ruin my life, that's for sure.

PvP gets just as bad as rading - sometimes worse if you are actually going for GM (highest rank availible, dont ask). 5 mans are not bad, but they get boring real fast.

Basically, the game is either really boring or extremley addictive. Think drug addictivness here people, the game is a terrible time sink.

BTW they named a bird O'Reilly in booty bay - i laughed pretty hard when I saw it. YaRly

Edit: here is what I have left over after about 65 days played on this character. http://ctprofiles.net/405815 - this is nice isnt it?

Never tried to get GM, only rank 11 with my first character(a NE hunter <-- i know, lol), but i never got past rank 10. After that i Pvp'd completely for fun, which was about 3 AB games before i got bored and stoped. I "knew" some people that did go for rank 14... they never had a life from the beginning, seriously. They played for about 14 hours a day, non-stop, sometimes even more. (That's a nice rogue you have there btw;) ! )

5 mans get boring, but so does the whole game sooner or later.

My advice, to anyone who's going to play the damn game: Stop playing it right when you feel that it's boring, just stop, please. And if you're just thinking about playing it: DON'T! . The game is like a drug, but you can compare it more to cigarettes - It doesn't kill you, isn't enjoyable (after you're addicted to the smokes), and do it just because you have to. I haven't played the game for about 3-4 weeks now, and i feel muh better than when i played it. (OMG I just sounded like a drug addict that had just droped using drugs:( )

P.S.
Holy wall of text crits you for 10000.
You die.

HibyPrime
09-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Well, UBRS is the best instance you can do as a non raider(there are servers where they do PuGs for Onyxia and ZG, though. I raided for some 3 months with my mage in a guild that's doing BWL now(i left at the point when we killed razorgore, i just got bored and stoped playing)... But i don't feel like the game did anything bad(actualy it was good, cause at that time most of my classmates started smoking and drinking...(don't ask) and i stayed away from all that crap).

Since i played together with my brother it did not feel like i was isolating myself from everything. I still went out with some friends to see a movie or just do something. It did not ruin my life, that's for sure.

Never tried to get GM, only rank 11 with my first character(a NE hunter <-- i know, lol), but i never got past rank 10. After that i Pvp'd completely for fun, which was about 3 AB games before i got bored and stoped. I "knew" some people that did go for rank 14... they never had a life from the beginning, seriously. They played for about 14 hours a day, non-stop, sometimes even more. (That's a nice rogue you have there btw;) ! )

5 mans get boring, but so does the whole game sooner or later.

My advice, to anyone who's going to play the damn game: Stop playing it right when you feel that it's boring, just stop, please. And if you're just thinking about playing it: DON'T! . The game is like a drug, but you can compare it more to cigarettes - It doesn't kill you, isn't enjoyable (after you're addicted to the smokes), and do it just because you have to. I haven't played the game for about 3-4 weeks now, and i feel muh better than when i played it. (OMG I just sounded like a drug addict that had just droped using drugs:( )

P.S.
Holy wall of text crits you for 10000.
You die.

SERVER SHUTDOWN IN 15 MINS

O Rly
09-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Oh that... i almost forgot Tuesdays. And the servers laged a lot too, but i got used to it. Reminds me of the http://macgyver-tn.ytmnd.com/

HibyPrime
09-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Lol nice video..

The internet is for porn is by far the best WoW-related movie:http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=5430343841227974645&q=the+internet+is+for+porn

aditya8617
09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Lol.. that would have been funnier a few months ago, it just doesent make sence now.

The internet is for porn is by FAR the best WoW-related movie:http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=5430343841227974645&q=the+internet+is+for+porn

It is a nice and funny video but I didn't know that it was related to WoW.

HibyPrime
09-15-2006, 03:06 PM
It is a nice and funny video but I didn't know that it was related to WoW.

The video is made entirely in WoW, but the content really doesen't have to do with WoW - other than 90% of the people playing it are men.

O Rly
09-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Yea, that's a great movie. I laughed my ass off when i first saw it, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi4jpafu5z0 is my favorite one.

rwd716
09-15-2006, 09:55 PM
There are servers where they do PuGs for Onyxia and ZG, though.

Yeah my server has that. :D

Bob
09-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Yea, that's a great movie. I laughed my ass off when i first saw it, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi4jpafu5z0 is my favorite one.

haha i think thats the best Wow movie i have ever seen...although i don't like Wow anyway..

O Rly
09-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Well, there's always this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25XCwOBSUQ

rwd716
12-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Tonight I was pvp'n in WoW, and as I'm bout to die I get healed for 1300 from a char named Azlie. I know it ain't the same, but you can only have one Alizée per server. I dunno, I was excited when it happened :) I was like yeah gimme those Lili heals, haha.

DJ_Greg
12-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Tonight I was pvp'n in WoW, and as I'm bout to die I get healed for 1300 from a char named Azlie. I know it ain't the same, but you can only have one Alizée per server. I dunno, I was excited when it happened :) I was like yeah gimme those Lili heals, haha.

..and she's my bank alt on Lightning's Blade. :D

SupaKrupa
12-15-2006, 05:28 AM
The people whose "lives have been ruined" have poor time management.

WoW has nothing on Civ 4, as far as ability to ruin lives. THAT game is addictive. It's the design, though. Civ games have no real "break." You don't ever finish a quest, or finish ANYTHING, that would lead you to say, "OK, now is a good time to stop." It just keeps going and going. One campaign could take you days to complete, if you went non-stop. You can easily lose more hours in a Civ game than in WoW.

Personally, I didn't like Civ4. The fact that it took like 500 years or something to build a city was a complete turn off.

On the other hand, I play WoW and that kinda got addictive and yeh, you can spend an entire day playing that - Wake up, play (eat, poop, whatever in between) and go to sleep.

HOWEVER, I've cut my time down dramatically ever since discovering Alizée and this forum. I don't recommend playing WoW lol. Once you get into it, it's so hard to stop due to the fact you're paying for it + you've spent so long on it. Dropping it completely will make you feel as if you've wasted something.

Since we're on the subject of online games... Which of you play BF2?

Edit: /targetraid
/cast Snowball

Fun!! :p

Edcognito
12-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I love Alizee' and have 3 60's on WoW. I am in a "family/raiding" guild - which pretty much does whatever they want to, when they want to. We don't have a "raid schedule" - however, we do schedule raids! There is no pressure to be at every raid, or anything - its the best way to play WoW!

Couple of weeks ago - i ran into Alizeee - KNEW it had to be a fellow traveler. We talked a bit, and i gave him our website address..... Hope he sees this :)

WoW can be addictive, but having a daughter getting married soon, and a son doing his best to flunk every class he's ever taken twice, keeps me to busy to play constantly.

nurvonic
12-15-2006, 02:57 PM
you guys are friggin dorks..lol

sorry, just the thoughts of a non-gamer:D

neoteny
12-18-2006, 11:38 AM
you guys are friggin dorks..lol

sorry, just the thoughts of a non-gamer:D

even though you dont play games, youre still more of a dork than most of us here...go listen to some more slipknot...dork

damn...i just remembered my "beanie"

JCC
12-18-2006, 09:42 PM
I know this thread is old, but i'd like to add my 2cents in. I've been playing a game lately called City of Villians. There's a character you can create called a Mastermind. As you level up, you get new pets...total of 3-6 depending on your powerset. Anywayz, I was cracking some skulls this morning with my Brute....when along can a little Character named Ali.zee :D..and the name of her 4 robot pets: Moi Lolita, Gourmandises, J'en Ai Marre, and Youpidou!!!!! The Ali.zee char had short hair w/horns (ie, Moi Lolita Video)... little blue dress ..tail..and silver/black wings. I was cracking up!! Of course i stopped what i was doing to chat w/this player..and died as some snakes kept poking at me.

Turns out it was a girl gamer (a rarity sometimes in gaming) who's been a fan of Alizee for awhile. I told her about this website, so hopefully she'll be appearing soon on these forums :D

DJ_Greg
12-19-2006, 11:42 AM
City of Villians seems like an interesting game...more modern/futuristic than WoW. Either way, that's really cool (the Ali.zee encounter).

Senshi87
12-19-2006, 01:35 PM
i have a diablo2:LOD char called Alizee Jacotey sorceress, lvl 86 =P

rwd716
12-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I tried to get a Lili character. I got a 13 hunter named Aleezay and a 9 Warlock named Alizéeluv. I don't play them very much though (as you can tell).

rwd716
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
WoW just came out with a new site to look up different stats and I found out that I have the highest "Alizée" named character in WoW! Even though there are higher "Alizee" ones, I'm the king of the é's lol!

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#search.xml?searchType=all&searchQuery=Aliz%C3%A9e&p=2&sf=relevance&sd=a

My char's Alizéeluv. Lol, on my last post (look up) I was only 9. I know I could be 70, but I had shit to do, lol.
This site is new and Blizzard's always got bugs so be warned if the site just stares at ya, lol. Just for fun, Imma try to find all the Lili characters on WoW. I'll update in a bit.

O.K. Here's what I found so far:
(Disclaimer: I realize that some of these may or may not be referring to Alizée, and also some people have multiple characters named after her)

64-Alizee's
63-Topaz's
53-Lili's
35-Alizée's
26-Alizay's
11-ACC's
11-clochette's
9-Jacotey's
4-Monange's
3-Aleezay's
3-JBG's
2-Alezay's
2-MCE's
1-moilolita
1-Youpidoo
1-Tocdemac

and last but definately not least....................
1-Afrenchie (Rofl)!

In total that's 290 minus Frenchie if I added right.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Know you seen it before but i didnt see this post before :p
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/645/alizeetibiajf5.png

This shows how much i love lili! :wubb:
Great level at WoW rwd716 :) Keep it going till 70!

CK
03-01-2007, 11:17 PM
http://armory.wow-europe.com/#search.xml?searchQuery=Aliz%C3%A9e&searchType=characters

You have the highest on american servers, but not europe :P

CK
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
btw, any of you play WoW on europe servers?

I <3 Zombies
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Ok, so now make a female night elf hunter w/ the same names and start dancing... you'll get some funny comments considering the fact that the female dance is after that of Alizée's Jen ai Marre dance

rwd716
03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
http://armory.wow-europe.com/#search.xml?searchQuery=Aliz%C3%A9e&searchType=characters

You have the highest on american servers, but not europe :P

Ugg, to search all the shit i just did on European servers too, and then do both types of servers again in all the different languages Blizz supports...I'm tired thinking about it, lol.

Man, this new site is cool though. You can check out the people's gear, rep, guild, skills, talents...dat shit's tiiiiight!

chrelion
03-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Wasn't mentioned in the list of Lili references, but I've got a mage named Tocdemac. :>

CK
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Ugg, to search all the shit i just did on European servers too, and then do both types of servers again in all the different languages Blizz supports...I'm tired thinking about it, lol.

lol, i beat ya to it?

rwd716
03-02-2007, 12:03 AM
If you wanna do it and find out the real number of Lili-based names on all of WoW go ahead, lol.

MiamMiam
03-02-2007, 12:25 AM
LOL I have 2 Alizée characters made on Wow (yes I'm a girl and I play wow, though not as much anymore) One is a female night elf druid, and the other is a night elf hunter (I think lol, I snatched the name xD).

Edcognito
03-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I started my WoW career way before i "met" Alizée - so my toons are aren't named after her :(

ed

MiamMiam
03-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Actually I made these characters within the past month, she's kind of a "joke" in my guild because I showed them all a video of one of her "night elf dance" videos (one of the various JEAM performances), so I made an Alizée character to join the guild (of course they liked Alizée, but I don't think they appreciated her music as much as her uh....dancing.....*shakes head* guys lol). Anyhow I made these characters in relatively new servers so you might get lucky and be able to create one :)

SupaKrupa
03-02-2007, 12:39 AM
I've got a level 29 troll hunter on Thaurissan named Alizee :) (We chose to go horde and the best looking females were trolls!)
I've also got a level 1 "AH mule" (for those who know what they are) named Topaz on Barthilas, where my main is :)

Yes, I also have nightelvish characters just to see the dance lol!

Can you search Oceanic servers as well? I wanna know the bastard who took Alizée on Barthilas!!

rwd716
03-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I started my WoW career way before i "met" Alizée - so my toons are aren't named after her :(

ed

Same here, but I didn't really start lvl'n Alizéeluv till after the XP. But she's still not quite lvl'd :(
Can you search Oceanic servers as well?
Yeah there's a tab where you can switch from European to US/Oceanic Servers.

Matrix
03-02-2007, 02:41 AM
I play WoW and one of my characters is a lvl 50 female night elf hunter which i named Alizee and the pets are all named JenaiMarre

I love going to Stormwind or Ironforge and doing the "dance". Not too many people send me private messages about the name, very few ever mention the fact that they know Alizee but some do from time to time.

I don't ever say, thank you or yes while using this character, it's always oui or merci

bt_bird_90
03-02-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm too stingy to do pay-to-play, but my ranger on GW is named Amelie Ma Dit and her pet is Topaze :(

Sir Wood
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm too stingy to do pay-to-play, but my ranger on GW is named Amelie Ma Dit and her pet is Topaze :(
LOL, that's the way I was (started out with GW) until I was turned onto WoW by some friends via the free trial invites last year. In the end, the monthly does pay for itself, considering GW expansions cost the same price as a full game and I've not bought any other game ever since nor touched CS:S.

I just recently made an female NE huntress, although the name Alizee was already taken on my server, I was able to get Alize and her pet owl is named Jacotey. :D

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Since u guys looking for the highest lvls with Alizee names.... Well i did a hard work to get the highest level, but i finally made it

Im the highest level in the server i play at :) You should learn from my level

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5979/lilicharvf2.png

Second highest level is lvl 15000 i think.

WindReaver
03-03-2007, 12:09 AM
The Scotsman is the best WoW video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ouuPyYVDw

Not Alizée related, but funny anyhow ;)

atra201
03-03-2007, 12:13 AM
btw thread's name "Rock" ;)

DJ_Greg
03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
My troll hunter is/was named Jacotey and is around 64 or so. Honestly, I forgot his level, because I haven't played in about a month.

Quentin
03-13-2007, 05:00 PM
I own the Character "Alizee Jacotey" in City of Heroes. She is a level 35 Defender. Complete with the black sailor outfit and all =)

And I own the Character "Jeremy Chatlain" in City of Villians.

Zarose
03-13-2007, 06:15 PM
My troll hunter is/was named Jacotey and is around 64 or so. Honestly, I forgot his level, because I haven't played in about a month.

What server do you play on? I think you may have ganked my NE Druid once. That name sounds familiar.... from before I knew who it was -_^

mal
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
day of defeat. - grenades, bayonets, machine guns battle cries.

rwd716
03-13-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't ever say, thank you or yes while using this character, it's always oui or merci

Why didn't I think of that, lol?

DJ_Greg
03-17-2007, 01:21 AM
What server do you play on? I think you may have ganked my NE Druid once. That name sounds familiar.... from before I knew who it was -_^

Haha...uh oh...

Lightning's Blade. Haven't been on since late January, though, and I rarely went out of my way to kill Alliance who didn't deserve it. :D

LiliFan788
03-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey everybody! I'm not a WoW player, but I know that Alizee's performance of J'en ai Marre was the inspiration for the Night Elf dance. I'm sure you guys have seen this video, but here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

Sir Wood
03-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Speaking of getting ganked. My friend (lvl-61 warrior) and I (just dinged lvl-59 druid -- lol took me 8 months to get here) got ganked in the Outlands by a dang lvl-63 Undead Shadow Priest.

We were fighting 3-mobs, the bastage horde was flaged PvP and ran circles in the mob fight and in the chaos I accidentally hit him and flagged PvP. My friend tried to help me, but we both were >50% hp from still fighting the mobs. That's pretty much all he wanted as he just camped our corpse. :mad:

SupaKrupa
03-19-2007, 02:39 AM
I'm a shadow priest. You both had no chance to begin with! Muahaha. We're the emos of WoW. We literally kill ourselves sometimes.

DesertFox
03-19-2007, 04:10 AM
"Kill" sounds a little hard...¿defeat ourselves perhaps?

¿What am i saying? :) :) :)

LiliFan788
03-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I found another video on youtube showing the dances of some of the characters from World of Warcraft. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhPKKHJL4Y

Deepwaters
03-19-2007, 05:51 PM
That was a good clip. Needs updating with the Blood Elves and Draenei, though.

Geech
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah, i'm not going to lie. I found Alizee thou WOW. That game ruins social lives. It has ruined mine but yet I'm still playing HAHA...

Deepwaters
03-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Just need to learn to ration it and set your priorities is all. I'll go out with friends before playing, but some evenings I can't do that for one reason or another, and if I've put in some good time on my job and my writing, why not play? Better than TV.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow, this thread is old...
anyways i can finally say "i quited WoW" played it for about 4 months, my main char was a Dwarf Hunter 52.

Feels so good when u stop playing the god damn game and start going out more often.

spaceli0n
12-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I encountered a few fans playing warcraft III (Ex-WoW Addict)
and sum dude commented that chick is hot, and another said "i love the red fish!"

Cooney
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
An old thread indeed! Oh well, it's back.

I've never played WoW, but I most definitely play Team Fortress 2. I play under the handle "Alizée Fan" and have had more than a couple people recognize the her name. Every time they do, I plug the new album, and I think I've got a couple people to go check it out :-P Doesn't hurt that my spray is the pic of her from inside her album cover where she's kicked back in the corner on a bed (recently updated from the dice picture).

I usually do alright, generally as a Spy or a Pyro, so the name comes up a lot on people's screens :-P

Sir Wood
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
An old thread indeed! Oh well, it's back.

I've never played WoW, but I most definitely play Team Fortress 2. I play under the handle "Alizée Fan" and have had more than a couple people recognize the her name. Every time they do, I plug the new album, and I think I've got a couple people to go check it out :-P Doesn't hurt that my spray is the pic of her from inside her album cover where she's kicked back in the corner on a bed (recently updated from the dice picture).

I usually do alright, generally as a Spy or a Pyro, so the name comes up a lot on people's screens :-P
Ooooo, I've been eyeing TF2. I played the HL-TF way back and mostly played defensive (Engineer or Medic). Currently, I've been playing either CS:S or WoW (would have never discovered Alizée without WoW :cool:). I use to have a Lili image for a CS:S spray but got pissed off when someone would vandalize it with their spray or bullets. I've also been eyeing COD:4.

Fish
12-17-2007, 02:31 PM
My friends and I recently re-rolled on a new server.

Me? Orc rogue by the name of Poissonrogue. :cool:

Sir Wood
12-17-2007, 02:34 PM
My friends and I recently re-rolled on a new server.

Me? Orc rogue by the name of Poissonrogue. :cool:

Bah, rogues... I hate rogues as much as I do warlocks. Alliance FTW. LOL :p

Cooney
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Ooooo, I've been eyeing TF2. I played the HL-TF way back and mostly played defensive (Engineer or Medic). Currently, I've been playing either CS:S or WoW (would have never discovered Alizée without WoW :cool:). I use to have a Lili image for a CS:S spray but got pissed off when someone would vandalize it with their spray or bullets. I've also been eyeing COD:4.

Totally worth it. TF2 is the most fun I've had online gaming in a long time.

When I was playing CS:S I had the same trouble with people vandalizing the spray, until I changed its style. Instead of a portrait, I switched it to an "action shot" of Lilly on stage, pumping her first during C'est Trop Tard. Once it was no longer a face-front portrait, the problem stopped immediately.

I haven't had any trouble at all with my current one in TF2. Mostly people admiring it :-)

Sanokun
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Wow, this thread is old...
anyways i can finally say "i quited WoW" played it for about 4 months, my main char was a Dwarf Hunter 52.

Feels so good when u stop playing the god damn game and start going out more often.

I've stopped playing more than a year now, but I still don't go out :(

Youpidou1
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
AHHH STOP. WoW SWG. I played both and loved both. But the thought of paying for a videogame on the computer that eats away your time money and knowledge is beyond me. So after I found Alizée from WoW I quit a week later.

SilentFox
12-17-2007, 09:42 PM
AHHH STOP. WoW SWG. I played both and loved both. But the thought of paying for a videogame on the computer that eats away your time money and knowledge is beyond me. So after I found Alizée from WoW I quit a week later.

played WoW for about 2 years....was not bad..really how i found Lili..but i quit it just a few months ago and went back to an old game of SWG.....again not bad..i play it when i want to!

Joey_adore_Jung
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I used to play WoW, though now i just more interested in sitting around doing nothing.

Fusoya
12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
btw, anyone here got a blood elf female rogue from the server Stormscale?
The battlegroup is nr 3 (Cyclone).

I met this player once in a battleground :p
Im playing alliance btw.

edit : arrrgh....I forgot to mention the most important part...the player was named "Alizee"

Deepwaters
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
OMG Alizée as a Blood Elf???? :eek:

Mind you, I was playing a BE just before I quite, so . . . maybe not such a bad idea. ;)

Zack -Alizee Lover-
12-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Bird plays TF2 as well.. i want to play it, but i dont want to buy orange box...

Sir Wood
12-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Bird plays TF2 as well.. i want to play it, but i dont want to buy orange box...
I just took a look at the Steam website (http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php) and it looks like you can purchase TF2 by itself for $30 USD. I guess after you make the purchase, it's a matter of downloading the game rather than having a physical CD to install.

Orange Box is a good deal if you plan on playing all 5 games:
Orange Box, $49.95 or,

(Individual pricing)
Half-Life 2, $29.95
Half-Life 2: Epsidoe One, $19.95
Half-Life 2: Epsidoe Two, $29.95
Portal, $19.95
Team Fortress 2, $29.95

That's $49.95 vs. $129.75! :blink:

Ricardo
12-21-2007, 08:39 AM
I have the Orange Box but I don't understand anything about TF2 :p

WindReaver
12-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I got back into EverQuest 2 recently. They have Fae as a new Race. You can guess what I made. ;)