PDA

View Full Version : Old School JEAM with new JEAM

Gatchaman
06-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Ok so I was a bit bored at work today and decided to make this video.

Enjoy. :)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IdSpmzKVRsg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IdSpmzKVRsg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mibir
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Definitely missing those 5 notes. Also found it interesting that the new version was at the exact same speed as the old, it seemed a little slower. Must be the new music. Good work, friend :)

Tchaikovsky
06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
It's $hit compared to the original!!:mad:

Just a Guest
06-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Ok so I was a bit bored at work today and decided to make this video.

Enjoy. :)
Excellent sync job! Well done. ;)
(and you getting paid for it too???:blink:)

Jeff
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I actually like the new one :) I was rocking out in the car today with it lol

dreamer
06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I like the original better, too. But the new version is not so bad, I think it's ok. You just have to open up to it and be prepared for something different. If you cling to the original you won't be able to appreciate the new versions.:)

Gatchaman
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Classic Alizee will always be my favorite, but the new version of the song is not bad at all. I just miss watching her dance, so I merged the 2. And yes, I am still getting paid while making these videos. :)

Fish
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I like the original better, too. But the new version is not so bad, I think it's ok. You just have to open up to it and be prepared for something different. If you cling to the original you won't be able to appreciate the new versions.:)

Bingo. I really like this version as well, far and away the best re-orchestration.

mibir, I think the reason it seems slower is because the bass takes lead. As a bassist, I'm not complaining.

lefty12357
06-03-2008, 09:56 PM
I like the original better too, but this one isn't bad. For an alternate version, I like the rhythm they chose. I would still tweak a few things musically if it was up to me, but I also think it's the best of the new arrangements.

SilentFox
06-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I would have to say that the old version of the song was alot better then the new one that she has out now! When I heard it during the Moscow concert i really had no idea what to say that she had ruined to me a very good song! :(

Tye
06-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Was this an official redo done by lilli or is this just a remix by someone?

fsquared
06-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Was this an official redo done by lilli or is this just a remix by someone?

The music is the official re-orchestration performed in the new tour (Moscow, Mexico, etc.)

Tye
06-30-2008, 03:15 AM
The music is the official re-orchestration performed in the new tour (Moscow, Mexico, etc.)

Did she do the re-orchestration because she no longer liked the original or because she wanted to just change things up a bit?

By the way, is it just me or does the new orchestration have a sorta Hawaiian island sound to it? Given the meaning of the song and the lyrics I don't think the orchestration matches well.

fsquared
06-30-2008, 03:55 AM
Did she do the re-orchestration because she no longer liked the original or because she wanted to just change things up a bit?

Dunno... It's been discussed here on some other threads.

By the way, is it just me or does the new orchestration have a sorta Hawaiian island sound to it? Given the meaning of the song and the lyrics I don't think the orchestration matches well.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit tropical too.

TheBarrett
06-30-2008, 04:16 AM
Maybe she wanted to delve away from the goldfish, and into more a clownfish, or something tropical.

NarutoSoul
07-19-2008, 02:06 AM
This is nice, but it'll take some getting used to. Not worse than the original, just... different.

TheBarrett
07-19-2008, 02:17 AM
I like the original because it was more...cute...:)

But this one is good too, in its own special way.

MonteCristo
07-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Classic Alizee will always be my favorite, but the new version of the song is not bad at all. I just miss watching her dance, so I merged the 2. And yes, I am still getting paid while making these videos. :)

I like the 2003-2004 Alizee and Lolita Alizee more. Moi Lolita still remains my first favorite out of all her songs. But my favorite Alizee mood is the one thats always dressed in black, i dont know why, but i have a thing for girls who like wearing baggy pants with a light trench coat on, and that awesome slicky-smooth hair.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
07-22-2008, 01:05 AM

Neither of those 2. LB didn't give her the rights for the music.

Just a Guest
07-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Neither of those 2. LB didn't give her the rights for the music.
She doesn't even need the rights.
Everyone is free to use it, as long as you pay the royalties.
But in her case I even doubt if that would be required.