PDA

View Full Version : Guess Amy Lee beat Alizée...

mini.mac
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
New album from Evanescence will be released on Oct 2nd. Yet no set date for Alizée.

I know their music are very different in style, but they both are my favorite artists. It'll be really nice for them to do a crossover (Yeah, like that gonna happen...)

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:50 PM
New album from Evanescence will be released on Oct 2nd. Yet no set date for Alizée.

I know their music are very different in style, but they both are my favorite artists. It'll be really nice for them to do a crossover (Yeah, like that gonna happen...)

Alizée has to find a new record label before she can release hers

mini.mac
09-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Alizée has to find a new record label before she can release hers

You mean she don't have one yet? That'll take forever til her next release. :(

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:04 PM

yeah well one didn't work out so yeah its going to really blow

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Is she so unpopular now that music companies don't want to sign her??? worries me a lot and makes me angry too.

btw, how did Annylee beat Alizee??

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Is she so unpopular now that music companies don't want to sign her??? worries me a lot and makes me angry too.

maybe they don't think her new album will be a hit

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 10:36 PM
maybe they don't think her new album will be a hit

that doesn't answer my main ques, Does her name not mean anything, I mean does everyone think that it was only because of Mylene and Laurent that she reached where she is now?

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't know maybe we should get someone who is in France to make a survey to see how many people still like her music and if they think she is any good

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:38 PM
next month I think some people that last years French class meet are coming to my class I'll ask them what they think when they come that might give us an answer

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 10:39 PM
I think aFrenchie will be the best person to answer this question.

Good night Nanaki, I will complete my 400 tomorrow!

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 10:41 PM
that doesn't answer my main ques, Does her name not mean anything, I mean does everyone think that it was only because of Mylene and Laurent that she reached where she is now?

Yes, probably. The music industry is a fickle business. Alizée took too much time off, so she's yesterday's news to record companies. Don't fool yourselves - we'll be lucky to see that third album released.

mibir
09-14-2006, 10:41 PM
It's a possibility. I'm sure she's been forgotten by a lot of casual listeners which means it's a bit more of a chance for a record company. Add in the fact that Mylene and Laurent are gone and it starts to become a rather big chance for a company to take. Even though she is a great singer, they may not have enough faith in her lyrics/appearance.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:46 PM
It's a possibility. I'm sure she's been forgotten by a lot of casual listeners which means it's a bit more of a chance for a record company. Add in the fact that Mylene and Laurent are gone and it starts to become a rather big chance for a company to take. Even though she is a great singer, they may not have enough faith in her lyrics/appearance.

yep its going to be really sad if she doesn't get a record label, but she could always just start her own label Zeppelin did it so why not Alizée after all it would be her best bet

cane17
09-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I Still Believe !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/cane17/message_lili.jpg

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:54 PM

we all do but its the record labels that aren't cooperating she probably did have a label but once some of her songs were done they didn't like what she had I destroyed the contract :(

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Nah, I don't think she ever had a contract after splitting with Polydor.

mibir
09-14-2006, 10:57 PM
I think he may have meant with Polydor.

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Pic isn't showing up, mibir...

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Nah, I don't think she ever had a contract after splitting with Polydor.
quoting Bon Jovi "you must keep the faith keep the faith"

mibir
09-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah I changed it, I don't know what I'm doing.

Go me......

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Now your whole post is gone.

EDIT: nevermind, I misunderstood.

General Patton
09-14-2006, 11:31 PM
When it comes out it comes out.

mini.mac
09-15-2006, 01:32 AM

I'm sorry. Amy Lee is the lead singer of Evanesence. Their new album is coming out next month, that's why she beat Alizée to it. That's all, nothing else.

A lot of bands or singers took long break between albums. But then again Europe is so different from here. Maybe the record labels think she don't have the charisma any more, which certainly is not true.

rwd716
09-15-2006, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I really find it hard to believe that Alizée won't have another hit. Too much talent not to. I mean if all of these fags that sing on Eurobest (thinking of the vid where the Eurobest people try to sing Alizée) and American Idol can get something.....

I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm in Alizée comma that I have no clue.

dvtq
09-15-2006, 04:46 AM

didnt read all, but when i saw this, i agree with you ^^
@adit : Does her name not mean anything, maybe now alot of people is thinking like that, and i like our Lili will come back as a new star :cool: .

rcs
09-15-2006, 05:33 AM
She must come back. Where is her lucky angel watching over her?

C-4
09-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Maybe when this new movie comes out with Russell Crowe in November, she will get a resurgence of interest. I truly hope so.

aditya8617
09-15-2006, 09:55 AM
That Russel crowe movie sounds kind of boring, atleast not my type.

But as many of you have been saying, let's have faith there will be atleast one record label that will sign her. I just hope the album becomes a huge hit and then Alizee can say "Touche" to all the companies that rejected her.

Yea! I reach 400 5th to do so!

HibyPrime
09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm curious to know how she could be recording an album without a label - someone has to be paying the studio bills.

I'm also a little behind here, I thought she only left mylene and laurent. When did she leave polydor/universal?

RadioactiveMan
09-15-2006, 03:08 PM
At the same time that she left Mylene Farmer I think.

She was going to use Warner as her label but that didn't work out. I think that she'll release the album, but I'm a little worried because I remember reading in the newspaper during the summer that Joan Jett spent 10 years trying to find someone to produce her last album.

aditya8617
09-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm curious to know how she could be recording an album without a label - someone has to be paying the studio bills.

hmmm... Never thought about the studio bills and recording. But do you absolutely need a record label company to record a song in the studio?

Who is Joan Jett?

DJ_Greg
09-15-2006, 03:32 PM

I'm also a little behind here, I thought she only left mylene and laurent. When did she leave polydor/universal?

Lots of bands record without labels. Barenaked Ladies just put out their second indie album, since they split with their label after the Greatest Hits came out.

Most of the music on my show is self-produced by the artists, or produced by independent labels.

RadioactiveMan
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Joan Jett (http://www.joanjett.com) is a rock star. You can read about her here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Jett) if you're so inclined.

O Rly
09-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Wait... how come Radio and Moe have the same avatar/sig? What did i miss?

pineapplejello
09-16-2006, 01:11 AM

YES, well you just dont dump a label like POLYDOR/UNIVERSAL and mentor, songwriter like Mylene Farmer and music writer like Laurent Boutanat and expect lablels to be lined up for you LOL
It also did not help getting married and knocked up at the tender age of 19 and in the middle of a career moving like a freight train :confused:

mini.mac
09-16-2006, 03:10 AM
YES, well you just dont dump a label like POLYDOR/UNIVERSAL and mentor, songwriter like Mylene Farmer and music writer like Laurent Boutanat and expect lablels to be lined up for you LOL
It also did not help getting married and knocked up at the tender age of 19 and in the middle of a career moving like a freight train :confused:

Well, she think she did the right thing for herself at the time. I'm totally support her.

newalizeefan
09-16-2006, 06:43 AM
her album will come out soon. if not an album then a single. i really think that it will come soon, she did say she liked to surprise people and maybe shes planning to surprise us.
if it takes 10 years, ill be frikkin 30 years old and would probably have lost interest in her. <---praying that it doesnt take that long, and praying that i dont lost interest.

Moe
09-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Wait... how come Radio and Moe have the same avatar/sig? What did i miss?

he is copying me...cuz mine is so...CUTE!!:D

and about this topic...its a downer really...

cheer up folks remmber some of her fans were waitting more than the rest of you...

NANAKI
09-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Why it is harder for her to get a label Najoua Belyzel she just released an album and she doesn't have a kid...

It really sukcs hopefully it will be out by the end of the year.

DJ_Greg
09-17-2006, 07:01 PM

I smell a troll...