PDA

View Full Version : Don't you miss this?

Gatchaman
06-20-2008, 05:35 AM
She looked so happy and energetic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1VjPaONgYQs&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1VjPaONgYQs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Spaltl
06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
This is a epic performance :wub:

TheBarrett
06-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Nothing lasts forever, that is a sad yet joyful thing.

Although I very much missed it. :D

fatman
06-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I still don't understand why she can't be this energetic now? I know she wants to change her image a bit but she can still be as fun.

RadioactiveMan
06-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Alizée is fantastic now. Where the hell have you been?

Ruroshen
06-21-2008, 03:10 AM
No, I get it. Yes, she's fantastic now, but it's an altogether different kind of fantastic than she was then, if that makes any sense. Time, age and experience have changed her...not necessarily for the worse, nor for the better...but there's no denying that she's radically different now.

Compare the Mexico Psychedelices shows to En Concert, for example. Both are amazing in their own way, but you can hardly believe it's the same performer in both.

It's not a bad thing--I'm certainly not the same person today that I was at sixteen, and thank God for that--but you can hardly blame people for being nostalgic for the Alizée they initially fell in love with. :wub:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
06-21-2008, 12:31 PM
was thinking the same thing when i read the first couple post

WTF Alizée is still one of the few performers that i absolutely want to see live others in this same category include Rob Zombie, Kiss, The Blue Man Crew, and Rammstien these are just people that put on amazing shows and Alizée is still the #1 person i want to see live

so no i don't truly miss it beings i got video of it anyhow

lefty12357
06-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, to answer the original question of this thread, I would say no, I don't miss it. The reason is I can still watch it anytime I want, (and I do). Alizée is busy making new memories for us, and I'm really enjoying that as well. She is truly awesome now as well as in the past.

Tchaikovsky
06-22-2008, 04:18 AM
Yes I do miss it, but I like Alizée and her music now just as I do Gourmandises and MCE. And I'm thankful that she is still singing.

TheBarrett
06-22-2008, 04:42 AM
was thinking the same thing when i read the first couple post

WTF Alizée is still one of the few performers that i absolutely want to see live others in this same category include Rob Zombie, Kiss, The Blue Man Crew, and Rammstien these are just people that put on amazing shows and Alizée is still the #1 person i want to see live

so no i don't truly miss it beings i got video of it anyhow

Add this to your list Jungo:

-Dream Theater
-Tool
-G3
-Van Halen

Alizee sure has theatrics today very similar to say, a Tool concert, it was, can I say, a brilliant revelation for me. All the whimsical and progressive theatrics of olden bands mixed in with the goddess-quality of Alizee and her alluring voice.

alizee lover
06-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I think we all miss those moments:( but o well and i think that reason why she isnt as energetic minght it be jeremy who forbids her to dance how she use to:eek:

Rocket
06-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I know I'm gonna get rapped in the mouth for this but...she got fat. Maybe she's pregnant again.

heyamigo
06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
I know I'm gonna get rapped in the mouth for this but...she got fat. Maybe she's pregnant again.

hence the "pregnancy" dresses? :D

lefty12357
06-22-2008, 05:46 PM

Ah, but now theres just more of her to love...:)

Ruroshen
06-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Ah, but now theres just more of her to love...:)
More cushion for the pushin'? :D

That's right, I went there.

TheBarrett
06-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Lol, you went to Jack Black, now that's classic.

puffyrock2
06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
I do miss the 2000-2004 era of Alizee, but I don't dwell on it cause it's over, she's a different performer now. But sometimes I think, the JEAM performance in the stockings is what captured my attention, had I stumbled upon, say, an MJ performance first, I may not be a fan. What captivated me back then seems to be almost gone now. However, that dosen't mean I like listening to her music or watching recent performances any less. She just changed and I accept that.

TheBarrett
06-23-2008, 04:59 PM
I accept her change as well, but there was a certain aura about 2003 Alizée, I do not know what it is, personally there is to be no real difference, it is the same person, but I guess it was the fact that her image was to be more of a mature type, but still not a grown up, and this year(2003) just drove me insane in the membrane.

It could've been the whole naturality of things, the casuality of her dress, I mean the JEAM/JPVA/ACC styles weren't that fancy at all. It could've been that smile and sparkle when singing ACC, or the adorable little vocal hiccup on JEAM, or the melodic "nananas" on JPVA, or perhaps the ever-so natural reactions that really highlighted herself in such interviews like Fun TV and others. Sure, the old Alizée would be missed, but i'm happy I discovered her when I did (2000), and stuck along her for the ride, through everything, and I guess it's sort of a parental feeling (creepy as it is me being 5 years younger than her), I wouldn't trade it for the world.

She's growing up, I guess this is what my parents must've felt like when I changed from their happy and jolly little boy to an intrusive prog-metalhead who'd trade dinner for an extra hour of guitar playing.

Tye
06-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Yes, I miss it immensely.:( But I have come to terms with the fact she has changed. Like others have said there was something very captivating with her early years and performances. The voice was very soothing, and I know this is gonna sound stupid but for me her voice was the first real exposure I had with the French language. It was her that got me interested in the language and it was the early vocals and songs that did this. So for me its even harder, and makes me miss those old days even more, because they shaped my interests in a language and to an extent that shaped my life.

No matter how hard I try I just don't like the new stuff as much as the old stuff. The only two new songs I do like are Fifty-Sixty and Mlle. Julliette and that's because when I listen to them I feel that same magic I used to and still feel when I watch her old performances. I just wish that I would have gotten to experience the old days first hand rather than experiencing them only a year before her new stuff. I kinda feel cheated in a way cause I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the old stuff before the new image and style was upon me.:(

It has been a while since I listened to the new stuff so 'm gonna go back and listen to it. Maybe I will like it more this time.

NarutoSoul
07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Even though she's changed, she is still my heroine. She was what I needed her to be at a very dark time in my life, and for that I thank her. At this point, as long as she is happy with the direction she's taking, I'm happy with it. And while her style has changed, her quality hasn't diminished in the slightest.

johnnywash
07-22-2008, 10:42 AM
We all fell in love with the package...the music, the outfits, the dance moves and our beautiful young girl. I still check in with AA often to keep up on her new career but it's the old stuff that keeps me coming back.
When I'm alone in my car, Mes Courants Electriques is the only CD I listen to. The image in my mind, mellows me out and makes me smile. As long as I have En Concert, I'm happy.:wub:

ALS
07-22-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't think she is fat. I think the six pack abs went to mush since having Annie lee. She probably still has a little tummy from that pregnancy.
If she had a C-Section kiss those rock hard abs good by. It really screws up the muscle mass in a woman's midsection. They can never get them as tight as they were before the surgery.
I just don't think she has the time to hit the gym or dance studio as much as she would like. Children take up a whole lot of time. With the new CD and promotions she doesn't or can't take two hours off a day to work out.
Right now she has a whole lot on her plate as they say.

Rocket your getting catty again. :blink:
That's ok because that is what normal girls do.:p
I should know I have 14 of them working for me.:D
I now know why married men drink so much.:D

Ali
07-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Yes, I do miss it. Watching videos of the MCE and Gourmandises era is what got me, especially since she is around my age ( she is couple of months older). I was simply stung by the JEAM performance. As someone said, if I had stumbled upon vidoes from Psychedelices era I wouln't have fallen for her. That can be said for many others, like friends who I have showed videos from the MCE and Gourmandises era, they are like "wow". But if I were to show videos from lets say Psychedelices, they would be like, "meh". They would find her just average maybe not even that. Just from the record sales of Gourmandises and MCE shows how much greater impact she had compared to her Psychedelices album.

OGRE
07-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Don't be too hasty in longing for the old style too much, as Alizée is still young with many years ahead to WOW us (pun intended:wub:).

It takes years to develop a personal style, and I would not be surprised to see Alizée come full circle. Sure, we can never go back to the Lolita stage, but the vibrant energy is still there....waiting for the right song or moment. Every song can't be a hit and every choreography can't always beat the last. As I've said many times before, this is a long ride. Settle back and relax. Enjoy the old. Enjoy the new. Enjoy the ride.

heyamigo
07-23-2008, 12:52 AM
i can't even really bring myself to watch her old stuff anymore. i just feel like i'm watching alizee being fake, and although i know she did enjoy performing the stuff from the past, she's made it clear now that her "real" self couldn't be further from what she portrayed in the past. i feel like they're 2 different people now, and watching JEAM, JPVA, ML, Gourmandises performances i used to love in the past, is not the same experience anymore. i dunno, it can be somewhat depressing now.

do you guys still watch her old stuff much nowadays?

Amigo!
07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Enjoy the old. Enjoy the new. Enjoy the ride.

C'est la vie

The green dude :p knows what he's talking about :)

TheBarrett
07-23-2008, 01:05 AM
They're not two different people, yet they are...

I mean you could consider Roger Waters of Pink Floyd era 1960s to Roger Waters of Pink Floyd era 1970s. Still the same guy, but not the same guy...

I find myself absorbed in anything she did or anything she has done, and I feel I will find myself absorbed in anything that she will do (please no mainstream gangsta rappin, sure if she did it it might be cute, but...still no..)

NeverMore
07-23-2008, 01:12 AM
I don't miss it because I can always watch it again, it's not like I see her in person every day and there are plenty of videos from back then to keep me pleased. But I do miss that bass player, he's hilarious

Ben
07-23-2008, 01:17 AM
I mean you could consider Roger Waters of Pink Floyd era 1960s to Roger Waters of Pink Floyd era 1970s. Still the same guy, but not the same guy...
And how about cheesy (but still good) early 90s solo Waters?

Doctor, doctor what is wrong with me?
This supermarket life is getting long.
What is the heart life of a colour TV?
What is the shelf life of a teenage queen?

Thought the quote seemed appropriate.

TheBarrett
07-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Lol, and indeed that served the righteous effect it was given, I laughed. :)

Ben
07-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Hmm, and I just realized something else. Looks like the video that started this thread is something I made years ago:

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14583

Blast from the past! Though looking at it now, I think the sync's pretty off. Guess that's what working as a tv editor will do to ya.

Edit:
do you guys still watch her old stuff much nowadays?
I haven't been re-watching her videos much lately, new or old. But when I go listen to her music, it's usually the new album and not so much the other two anymore.

Ali
07-23-2008, 01:38 AM
It takes years to develop a personal style, and I would not be surprised to see Alizée come full circle. Sure, we can never go back to the Lolita stage, but the vibrant energy is still there....waiting for the right song or moment. Every song can't be a hit and every choreography can't always beat the last.

I do agree with you there. I guess part of the thing I miss about the old Alizee is the Mylene/Boutant collaboration, the songs and the compositions that Mylene/Boutant did for Alizee was exquisite. Having said that this is her first album without them and like you said it takes years to develop a personal style. Mylene and Boutant are professionals, so I don't expect Alizee to come up with songs and compositions as great as them in her very first album. It would be interesting to see how Alizee's second album comes about.

TheBarrett
07-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Maybe her fourth album will have some neo-classical Iron Maiden overtones?

pepelepew
07-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Although I haven't been a fan for long because I didn't discover her until 10/07 going back and watching all her stuff from the beginning and the progression and maturing of our girl it is like I have been a fan from the beginning. I may not be as attached to her earlier personna as you veterans. I wasn't too crazy about her Psychedelics album at first but it is growing on me and I think with time it is going to be a real success. I think that Alizee is finding herself musically for the first time and it takes a lot of courage to leave the nest and go it alone. I think she is extremely intelligent and talented and if she stays with music the ride is just beginning. She is a phenomenon! As far as her being fat is too strong. Pleasingly plump I say. I'm not even sure she has gained much weight at all. As I heard this expression that she is a shapeshifter she has always looked so different in the face,tall, short, depending on what she is wearing,hair style, angle. Really extreme to the point that she doesn't look like the same person. Always one thing her appearance has in common she always is stunning.

tbailey
07-23-2008, 06:01 AM
self-development
maturation
creating one's own image
one's own artistic style

well maybe these are important but imho i would have to say that Alizee is not as happy as she was during the Gourmandises/MCE era
all i have, though, are video clips/interviews as evidence

and from the overall body language, tone of voice and facial expressions she just doesn't seem as happy as back then
i, of course, could be wrong but the 18 year old Alizee was more vibrant, more innocent, joyful and not so self-conscious
i rather have a person that is innocently less self-aware rather than constantly considering their self-image, artistic style, and philosophizing too much

sometimes there's just too much thinking and not enough enjoying...the video at the beginning of this thread is a prime example of Alizee just enjoying life and not thinking too much

that's what made the Gourmandises MCE era so great - not just the commercial success and great music but that Alizee wasn't trying so hard to be unique or to be "herself"

I will have to say, though, that of course there were downsides to the G/MCE era i.e. the exploitation of Alizee's body (although not to an extreme measure)

i think Alizee was "herself" in the L'Alize video
i hope that with Alizee's next album there is less thinking and more enjoying

when it comes to music i just want something that i can enjoy listening to, that i can dance to, and overall puts me in a good mood
That's my personal preference

But of course Alizee can do whatever she wants to do as long its financially viable - but personally i like the Gourmandises/MCE era

but then again i should be grateful that she decided to still be in the music business and she still makes some good songs :D

OGRE
07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
As far as her being fat is too strong. Pleasingly plump I say. I'm not even sure she has gained much weight at all.

The supermodel stick figure is not healthy. Everyone needs some fat. It is the body's natural energy storage mechanism. Although we don't have famine like the old days, we can still get sick and be unable to eat properly. Without a modest energy reserve to tap when you get sick, all sorts of complications can occur.

Of course, if you're like me, you tend to go overboard on the energy reserve bit, so I could probably weather being sick during a famine....or two.:p

That said, Alizée has a beautiful body...nigh near perfection in my book.

ALS
07-23-2008, 08:08 AM
The cute ones are when she was first started hitting the TV shows doing Moi Lolita. These are the ones where she was wearing the short fur collared coat. She was so stiff and somewhat unsure of herself. As the song went on she would start to loosen up an start moving around and putting a little more dancing into the show. Jump three or four months ahead and she is completely secure and confident with her performance.
My favorite L'Alizé performance was the one at the Dome.

Early Moi Lolita

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXs4x1ON3kQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXs4x1ON3kQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tical 808
07-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I thought this was kinda funny :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yV5wxjNAFyo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yV5wxjNAFyo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheBarrett
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
No, Tical, not Fun TV!
That's like past-regression therapy for me, first comes the crying, then comes the emotional pain, then comes the constant months of nonstop Alizée drawing, and then...I don't know!

:(

Fun TV was cute...just cute...
A simple bird she was in this program, dressed sufficiently for comfort, showing off a side of herself, a personality uncorrupted, a smile so wide and a glint in her eyes. It is my favorite interview of her. :)

Ali
07-23-2008, 09:34 PM
well maybe these are important but imho i would have to say that Alizee is not as happy as she was during the Gourmandises/MCE era
all i have, though, are video clips/interviews as evidence

and from the overall body language, tone of voice and facial expressions she just doesn't seem as happy as back then
i, of course, could be wrong but the 18 year old Alizee was more vibrant, more innocent, joyful and not so self-conscious
i rather have a person that is innocently less self-aware rather than constantly considering their self-image, artistic style, and philosophizing too much

sometimes there's just too much thinking and not enough enjoying...the video at the beginning of this thread is a prime example of Alizee just enjoying life and not thinking too much

that's what made the Gourmandises MCE era so great - not just the commercial success and great music but that Alizee wasn't trying so hard to be unique or to be "herself"

Good insights. I have noticed this too, where she seems much happier and natural. If you look at the Fun TV interview where she laughs hysterically, she seems to be smiling all the time. Like you said she always had that innocent and vibrant look in the Gourmandises and MCE era.

But I think her having a kid especially at this early age put a damper on things. It takes a lot of energy, time and can be physically exhausting to raise a kid, on top of it she is doing tours and promoting her album. She might not have that much time to have fun and be relaxed like she did during the MCE and Gourmandises era.

Rev
07-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Good insights. I have noticed this too, where she seems much happier and natural. If you look at the Fun TV interview where she laughs hysterically, she seems to be smiling all the time. Like you said she always had that innocent and vibrant look in the Gourmandises and MCE era.

But I think her having a kid especially at this early age put a damper on things. It takes a lot of energy, time and can be physically exhausting to raise a kid, on top of it she is doing tours and promoting her album. She might not have that much time to have fun and be relaxed like she did during the MCE and Gourmandises era.

When she was a child, she could be carefree like a child, and revel in the amazing newness of it all.

Now she is an adult, with a huge burden (albeit self imposed) to carry. She simply doesn't seem to be having as much "fun," and it shows.

She no longer seems to go up on stage and simply say (in essence) "WOW!, I'm actually here, now, in this moment," the way she did back then.

Amigo!
07-24-2008, 01:24 AM
She no longer seems to go up on stage and simply say (in essence) "WOW!, I'm actually here, now, in this moment," the way she did back then.

whut? :blink:

Take it from someone who was at the México concerts. She was more "WOW!" on that stage than I have ever seen her. The singing, the dancing, All of it.

She gave unforgettable performances. :wub:

Rev
07-24-2008, 01:57 AM
whut? :blink:

Take it from someone who was at the México concerts. She was more "WOW!" on that stage than I have ever seen her. The singing, the dancing, All of it.

She gave unforgettable performances. :wub:

I'm not saying that she is not amazing now. Just the oposite. I'm trying to look back (as that seems to be the theme of this thread) and ask myself what has changed.

As I have neither been to the new concerts or the old, I have to base my comments totally on the videos.

So, let me ask you: When she was on stage, did she ever just seem to be radiating "I can't belive I am actually lucky enough to be HERE!"

Amigo!
07-24-2008, 02:01 AM
So, let me ask you: When she was on stage, did she ever just seem to be radiating "I can't belive I am actually lucky enough to be HERE!"

Yes... She did, But I suppose you had to be there to see it. :)

NarutoSoul
07-24-2008, 06:11 AM
Yes... She did, But I suppose you had to be there to see it. :)
Yes, I'm sure you would've had to been there... :(

OGRE
07-24-2008, 08:48 AM
When you're a teenager, you do then think so by the time you think about not doing, you've already done it. When you're an adult, you think then do, so by the time you do it you're burdened with too much thought on what's to be done.

There are similar sports analogies as well. I always tended to play better after I got my bell rung. My reaction times increased. Awareness perceptions mount. Movement so much smoother. The body and mind regresses to a simpler time in our world where those genetics played to a different tune....of survival.

But I'm digressing here. Alizée shines so much when you can tell she is "in the moment" without any other cares or overhead. This is a much easier state to put yourself in when you are young than when you get older and have additional burdens of responsibility. [For example, when you are DIRECTING a video and participating at the same, you have to bounce in and out of the moment...VERY HARD to do].

Alizée can still put herself "in the moment". The irony is you can't just tell yourself to go there. You enter those doors without knowing...to be conscious of it will inevitably take you out of it. What's even more interesting, is some folks are not even aware that there is a "there" different than the "here". In fact, I dare say the teen Alizée had no clue she was there. As for the young woman Alizée, I'm not sure she knows the there she was is different than the here she is.

[And if she ever reads this forum and puts that last sentence through a translator, I can guarantee it won't transmit what I said properly]

ggin
07-24-2008, 09:33 AM

I was there too and I must say that she was radiating exactly that and much more. She was very happy on stage and seemed to have a lot of fun with us. She also seemed very grateful to be there with so many of her fans.

And yes, it was different being there. When I watch the clips from those concerts, it's just not the same. But the memories that they bring back are why I watch them.

Ben
07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
She was more "WOW!" on that stage than I have ever seen her.
Literally. :cool:

Amigo!
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Literally. :cool:

Exactly :wub:

:p

NarutoSoul
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
C'mon guys, you're making me not want to read this thread any more... :'(

TheBarrett
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
C'mon guys, you're making me not want to read this thread any more... :'(