PDA

View Full Version : AAP 008: Can I call you Snatch?

brad
07-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Ciara is back with episode 8, enjoy! I also am experimenting with album artwork, hopefully it shows up this time on your ipod / itunes.

http://moi-alizee.us/podcast/audio/008.mp3

>> Transcript (http://moi-alizee.us/podcast/transcripts/008.html)

TheBarrett
07-13-2008, 02:50 PM
They're getting more better every time. How long can I resist the urge or temptation!

You are doing an excellent job Ciara, really this keeps me on my toes!

rcs
07-13-2008, 03:58 PM
1. Decollage is my answer.
2. Yes, Alizee pulled a Madonna. Good for her.
3. Dealing with Soko: ggin, you're being paged. Story time
4. That sounds like Roman singing. He's actually pretty good if anyone has heard him sing.
5. Also, Lefty, you've been busy. Sounds good. Maybe, this can be a new release for Canada or US if she comes here? Oh, don't I wish.

lefty12357
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Another excellent job, Ciara! You are the Ira Glass of podcasts...:)

Thanks, RCS. I just completed another FS Remix. I'll post it soon.

tbailey
07-13-2008, 05:55 PM
great podcast!

"Oh yeah, and our milk comes in bags too, eh?"

very funny :p

have you seen this Ruroshen? i heard about this all time when i was Canada

http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/article.jsp?content=20080625_50113_50113

maybe it's true but as long as we have milk in plastic gallon containers i say we're the greatest nation in the world! :D

heyamigo
07-13-2008, 06:45 PM
great job guys. did you call snatcher snatch? lol...

Ruroshen
07-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Another excellent show, despite my participation. Take a well-deserved bow, Ciara and Snatcher!

And LEFTY!! Good Lord, sir, that remix rocks the casbah! My iPod begs of you to put it up somewhere for download, otherwise it will be very sad indeed!

Also also, a couple of links of my own related to the interview:

The original pitch for KNIGHTCAP: NOVEMBER'S SONG is available here (http://www.zeros2heroes.com/pitch/97)
My production blog (which I haven't updated in awhile) is here (http://www.zeros2heroes.com/component/option,com_myblog/blogger,Ruroshen/Itemid,110/)
My editor's production blog, which includes all kinds of sneak preview images from KC:NS, is here (http://blog.zeros2heroes.com/category/novembers-song/)
You can see John Keane's spectacular cover to the book here (http://blog.zeros2heroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kcns_cover_encoreecnoreb.jpg). (+10 Cool points to anybody who can identify the tune portrayed in the sheet music!)
And finally, that YouTube video I mentioned that explains everything you ever wanted to know about Canadians is located here (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg)

As I said in the interview, I'll post an update once I have a firm idea of when the book will be released. Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Ruroshen
07-13-2008, 08:37 PM
great podcast!

"Oh yeah, and our milk comes in bags too, eh?"

very funny :p
Wocka wocka! :D

have you seen this Ruroshen? i heard about this all time when i was Canada

http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/article.jsp?content=20080625_50113_50113

maybe it's true but as long as we have milk in plastic gallon containers i say we're the greatest nation in the world! :D
On behalf of all Canadians, I'd like to apologize for having given the rest of the world the impression that we're better than you. We didn't mean it. Honest. :p

lefty12357
07-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks Ruroshen. You can download an MP3 here (http://www.mediafire.com/?kiz4tmmgz1c)

I just realised it was almost 4 months ago that I originally posted it here.

nurvonic
07-13-2008, 08:57 PM
great podcast ciara. thanks for the info snatch. outstanding interview rusoshen. you seem without a doobt to know what comics are all aboot. and thanks lefty for providing a stellar gut-busting remix.:)

Brianh
07-14-2008, 12:31 AM
another great podcast....they do seem to keep getting better and better

The Dude
07-14-2008, 12:44 AM
I always look forward to the podcasts. I am one of the few who download them from itunes, that way I can listen to them more than once while I am driving. I don't check out the forums much, I just love the music and news. However, is there a way to find out what number subscriber to Alizee America? Thanks again and keep up the great work on the podcasts! I really enjoy them!

Tical 808
07-14-2008, 12:47 AM
If your talking about members, there are 1,737 at the moment. Not all are active though, only the true fans :)

Ben
07-14-2008, 02:17 AM
Great work all. Awesome new music Lefty, and I really can't wait to see your comic Ruroshen. I know it will be great because you mentioned J. Micheal Straczynski, my favorite writer. Ever. And no Ciara, you can't call me that... :eek:

Chommpers
07-14-2008, 03:45 AM
Great podcast ciara, as always, are you tired of hearing that yet? Maybe I should try and be more imaginative and give criticism, but I am too easy to please I think or maybe it's so good nothing bad can be said *gasp* can it be true? lol I am just messing with ya, its late (my excuse for stupidity) but I do always enjoy the show, keep up the good work.

Cool interview Ruroshen, I am a fan of webcomic's and would love to see yours when its finished, keep us posted I tend to forget things easily.

Good job to all who work on these, it's always fun to listen.

Who is the mystery singer? I heard mention of Roman, they are actually pretty good, can hold a note much better than I.

lowbeam
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you Ciara, that was excellent. What could possible make the podcast better than it already was? Of course, music by Lefty! Have you heard/seen Lefty's Alizée song/video "What Words Can I Say, To Bring You Back Someday" ? Written while we waited for her to return to us, it is beautiful.

Lefty, you know I'm a fan of your music, thank you for helping out the podcast.

Tchaikovsky
07-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Antoher entertaining installment in this series of podcasts :)

RadioactiveMan
07-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Ruroshen: I present to you this coupon for one free meal at the Alizée Bar & Grill

| _____________________|

Ruroshen
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Ruroshen: I present to you this coupon for one free meal at the Alizée Bar & Grill

| _____________________|

Woo! Not sure what I did to deserve this, but a free lunch is a free lunch! :D

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-18-2008, 08:50 PM
hehe funny story
went biking in the badlands of North Dakota with an old 5 speed bike with absolutly no brakes and went down a winding hill hit a cactus popped the tire and i had a spare..........but turns out i didn't have the right size wrenches and carried the bike for 13 miles

ahhh........good times

more into the hiking and spelunking myself and of course wheeling

with something like ummm..........this

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm129/jung159/SDC10051.jpg

Roman
07-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Holy (insert your second favorite explitive here)! You (insert your favorite explitive here) rock Lefty! That was très génial ! Sorry, I don't think I ever heard that before. I think I'd remember it. Have you sent that to Alizée? Someone needs to do that or create a video and put it on her Psychédéclips. Seriously, it is just wrong to not put that up somehow or other. She needs your help. People need to submit videos and that rocks; so ...

"Ruroshen" you are a very good speaker and yes that was funny at the end with the milk in bags. You all should add him to the netcast somewhere, somehow, sometime.

Oh, and yeah apparently sometimes late at night I get the notation to record me singing with my crappy laptop sound card and some mic or other. But we need more of the likes of Lefty's stuff please!

lefty12357
07-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey Roman, I gotta tell ya that I really enjoyed your singing. I thought you did a great job.

I did make a crappy video and it's on Youtube and Dailymotion, along with my second Fifty Sixty Remix and my first Alizée song. I think I sent something to her.

Ruroshen
07-22-2008, 12:01 AM
"Ruroshen" you are a very good speaker and yes that was funny at the end with the milk in bags. You all should add him to the netcast somewhere, somehow, sometime.
Heh, thanks Roman. I had a lot of fun recording that interview for the podcast. I do actually have an interest in podcasting, so I'd be thrilled to be a part of it again!

Oh, and yeah apparently sometimes late at night I get the notation to record me singing with my crappy laptop sound card and some mic or other. But we need more of the likes of Lefty's stuff please!
Tsk. You are far too modest, sir. Your rendition was excellent. All I manage to do when I sing is remind my friends that "karaoke" = people who shouldn't drink + people who shouldn't sing.

Absolutely agree with you that we need more awesome music from Lefty, however. Both of his Fifty Sixty remixes are in heavy rotation on my iPod, lately.

NarutoSoul
07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Great podcast, and awesome remix!

Roman
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Roman, I gotta tell ya that I really enjoyed your singing. I thought you did a great job.

I did make a crappy video and it's on Youtube and Dailymotion, along with my second Fifty Sixty Remix and my first Alizée song. I think I sent something to her.I quote from psychedeclips.com « N'hésitez pas à poster vos idées ». That remix was a great start. I haven't seen the "crappy" video. I'm not one of those video creating kind of guys so I'm telling all you out there to come up with some good ideas (or even mediocre ideas) and put it into an mpeg format of some kind and post it up to Alizée. Don't you want to be on Lily Town TV? :D

Sir Wood
07-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey lefty12357, nice remix. I heard your other one, the 2nd version, and really liked it as well as the transitional intros that you provided Ciara. :)

lefty12357
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. Alizée is a good inspiration...

heyamigo
08-16-2008, 06:30 PM
so are podcasts still being made? i miss them. :(

Roman
08-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Well, I hope the podcasts come back. Obviously Ciara needs some help. Maybe people need to send more ideas to Ciara for one thing, though I know Snatcher at least did send her something. He will soon have more information too about his Alizée rally in New York or what ever he's calling it.

Ruroshen, you were good. Maybe you should try contacting Ciara and take over sometimes or do half the program or something. By the way, the thing doesn't have to be like an hour. Some news, some Alizée trivia or some kind of Alizée facts/feelings/speculations, info about the latest fan video/remix/song work or whatever would be cool - a sense of the life of the fan community as it pertains to Alizée. It does exist.

We have discovered another way to express the life of the Alizée fans, but I think either we're not helping provide content or Ciara is just busy. I like Ciara. I hope she sticks around, but I hope someone does the netcast even if she doesn't.

lefty12357
08-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I miss Ciara too, and I miss the podcast. I would imagine she is just taking a vacation like many people do during the summer.

Roman, you make some good points. We should help where ever we can, and if making each podcast shorter would lessen the workload, it might be a good idea.

Ben
08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Ciara's still around and working on the podcast. The next one should be up soon.

Ruroshen
08-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Ruroshen, you were good. Maybe you should try contacting Ciara and take over sometimes or do half the program or something.

Thanks Roman! Ciara knows that I'm always here to help if and whenever needed, but I think she and Snatcher have things well in hand. :D

Ciara's still around and working on the podcast. The next one should be up soon.

Woo, good news! Can't wait to hear it!

ImRawdg
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I know this is a bad thing to ask, but would any of my music work anywhere in the podcast? It's not the most "upbeat" but it would be cool to spread it around a little more.

And speaking of, I am a little upset over the little response I have gotten for Idealiser... I knew nobody would care about that song because it's not popular.

lefty12357
08-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I know this is a bad thing to ask, but would any of my music work anywhere in the podcast? It's not the most "upbeat" but it would be cool to spread it around a little more.

And speaking of, I am a little upset over the little response I have gotten for Idealiser... I knew nobody would care about that song because it's not popular.

It's not a bad thing to ask. I was hoping more musicians here would offer material to Ciara to use in future podcasts.

Don't be upset over the response to Idealiser. You had 4 good responses and your thread got 122 views in just a few days. I posted a video and remix of Fifty Sixty a month ago and got 4 nice responses and 148 views and I'm very happy with that. Trust me, you can't expect much more than that. The responses tend to go down each time you post something new. Keep posting and sharing anyways. People are nice here, but you need to be prepared. There are people in the world who will say some pretty nasty things about your hard work. You can't let it get you down.

ImRawdg
08-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey Lefty, I just listened to your songs on your myspace...geez I wish I could do something like THAT. Some of it reminds me of Genesis. I was also going to ask, along with the posting of Idealiser, if anyone would be interested in collaborating... like redoing and making an "ultimate" J'en Ai Marre cover. Or working on some originals; something. I have never been able to write music with anyone except myself as of now.

TheBarrett
08-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey Lefty, I just listened to your songs on your myspace...geez I wish I could do something like THAT. Some of it reminds me of Genesis. I was also going to ask, along with the posting of Idealiser, if anyone would be interested in collaborating... like redoing and making an "ultimate" J'en Ai Marre cover. Or working on some originals; something. I have never been able to write music with anyone except myself as of now.

Sounds like a spiffy idea, I mean considering i've heard of some collaborations done through this site in the past and they've all turned out quite well.

I could probably help more in doing "original" songs, considering remixing tracks tend to cross paths with the fact that I adore the originals so much that I would not dare tamper with them.

Roman
08-17-2008, 05:21 PM

And speaking of, I am a little upset over the little response I have gotten for Idealiser... I knew nobody would care about that song because it's not popular.Hey, if you did some version of Idéaliser let me know. I don't know why that song is not popular and actually I don't know what you can do with that song for a remix not having any original separated tracks, but I want to hear it. And is it really "unpopular"? I know she didn't sing it in Mexico, but is it really less popular than say Jamais Plus or Lonely List for example?

rcs
08-17-2008, 06:21 PM
I like those songs. :cool:

lefty12357
08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a spiffy idea, I mean considering i've heard of some collaborations done through this site in the past and they've all turned out quite well.

I could probably help more in doing "original" songs, considering remixing tracks tend to cross paths with the fact that I adore the originals so much that I would not dare tamper with them.

"Original" stuff sounds better to me too. I've only played with Fifty Sixty because Alizée made her voice available for download and I had never done anything like that before. But I think I'm all done with that, as I've done 3 versions now and I really shouldn't put any more time into it because I'm just too busy with 2 other projects. I might find time to help out on a collaboration, though. Deepwaters is great at writing lyrics. Maybe he can jump in too.

ImRawdg
08-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Hey, if you did some version of Idéaliser let me know. I don't know why that song is not popular and actually I don't know what you can do with that song for a remix not having any original separated tracks, but I want to hear it. And is it really "unpopular"? I know she didn't sing it in Mexico, but is it really less popular than say Jamais Plus or Lonely List for example?

I published Idealiser yesterday, I have it in my signature now as well.

Also, about the collaboration:

If I had proper recording equipment, I could do drums, but I don't want to unless I have good mics and something to record them all with. I want to do bass as well, I feel like I was made for that instrument. I have only been *seriously* playing it for a little over a year, it started a long time ago with Green Day, but I was messing around with Yes's "Gates of Delirium" and I went on from there. Also, having perfect pitch helps a ton. Anyone here have perfect pitch?

Anyway, I could probably write a lot better than I can play. I have been sequencing MIDI songs since 2004. I could post them too if anyone wants to hear them.

TheBarrett
08-18-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm a lot better on my home instrument of guitar, acoustic piano, and progressive keyboarding.

I also do some lyrics, if Deepwaters is not in the mood to contribute his own that is, and as for my recording end, eh. :p

Working on it :D

NarutoSoul
08-18-2008, 12:49 AM
If you need a low tenor with a resonant voice to assist with vocals, I'm in!

TheBarrett
08-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Musical Collaboration Social Group (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/group.php?groupid=3)

I made this so we can discuss whatever we are planning without taking up the podcast thread any longer, hopefully this social group is not put to disuse.

I was also considering experimenting in genres to create original songs, perhaps steadying in sturdy blues, or thrashing riffs of the metal genre, or ballads of clean nature.

Roman
08-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Ok, now I listened to the ImRawdg creations and I understand. And, I say yes, of course put some of that in the netcast if it is permissible. (they're still Laurent's songs even if a new creation of such, but that's probably ok, I guess, I don't know.)