PDA

View Full Version : Idéaliser : I'mRawdg Version

ImRawdg
08-16-2008, 02:18 AM
I remember the "joy" of recording my first two songs, back in June, right while the concerts were going on. I recently looked back on that and really missed how great those times were, even if I wasn't able to be there. Early this week, after listening to Santana's "Europa" and Genesis's "Firth of Fifth" I got my influence to create this version of Idéaliser. I actually spent some time on this one, started on Sunday I believe. Although I probably only spent about 2 hours a day or less on it.

I am really satisfied, though. I have improved my recording quality, even though the drums still sound awful in my opinion. The song begins and ends very similar to the original, but I put in a slightly faster bridge part. And, true to my habit of creating long songs without meaning to, it is 7 minutes and 57 seconds. Once again, I beg you, do not fall asleep!!

And once again, I wish Operation Lilly Town New York the best of luck!

Here's the link:
Idéaliser (I'mRawdg Version) (http://www.mediafire.com/?sfhuotagyso)

Also, while I was making this, I thought, gee, maybe no one is interested in Idealiser, they would probably rather hear a more well known song, so I wanted to ask if anyone is interested in me doing another song eventually, and I would like if everyone could agree on one for me to do.

TheBarrett
08-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Personally I want it longer.
But that's because i'm used to Opeth.

But I love the works and i'd love to see what horizons you can extend her songs to.

Ben
08-16-2008, 03:36 AM
And once again, I wish Operation Lilly Town New York the best of luck!
Thanks ImRawdg. Idéaliser isn't my favorite song on the album, but as always I really like what you've done with it. Keep up the good work!

lefty12357
08-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Good job, ImRawdg! Idéaliser is one of my favorite songs on Psychédélices. Thanks for sharing.

Tomtentp
08-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Great job indeed, you give the song a whole new athmosphare.

Im starting to believe this song might even be able to "metalize". Change to flute for a guitar and add some prog drums.

And don't forget the growl! (kidding)

Roman
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Ok, so now I listened to your songs and they are great. I like this Idéaliser version. A clip would be good for my mobile phone. I need to figure out how to get it on there. Thanks for creating these.

mavsluver41
08-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow, finally got a chance to listen to this and I applaud your work. The recording quality sounds wonderful, percussion and all. There's just one minor thing I think you can improve, and that is the part at the end of the chorus (when she says "Un dernier baiser"). Maybe its just me, but those five notes seemed a lot more dramatic in the original version. But a seriously kickass job on the song and here's to many more I'mRawdg versions in the future.

MonteCristo
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
I love you ImRawdg:)

Idéaliser
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Hehe I love this xD Especially sense Idéaliser is my favorite song from her new album (might be a little obvious lol) good work man :P

TheBarrett
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Hehe I love this xD Especially sense Idéaliser is my favorite song from her new album (might be a little obvious lol) good work man :P

Totally not obvious I didn't get the joke one bit.

Idéaliser
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh well here let me explain it for you....Oh wait you were using sarcasm!

And I just wanted to say after listening to it a few times, I'm addicted to that flute type instrument :D

ImRawdg
08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
And I just wanted to say after listening to it a few times, I'm addicted to that flute type instrument :D

I was actually going to get out my flute to use in the song, but I can't manage the air very well, I'm very new to it. The instrument instead is a recorder on my keyboard.

Well, everyone, school is starting tomorrow for me. I don't know how easy it will be because my schedule will be largely taken up for school. If I make more songs, it's inevitable that I'll eventually need electric guitar if I do some of the ones I want. One immediate candidate on my list is Lilly Town, but I would also consider A Contre Courant, JPVA, or C'est Trop Tard (the latter two would be very hard because I would definitely need help with guitars).

That's all that's on my mind at this second, thanks for your feedback.

ImRawdg
08-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I have just begun work on Lilly Town, should be done in a few days.

Bud
08-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I have just begun work on Lilly Town, should be done in a few days.

Sweet. That's my third favorite song on the album. You should do Décollage or Mademoiselle Juliette next.

ImRawdg
09-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I have acquired an SM57 and I am going to try and order a drum mic set tomorrow and hopefully be able to play the whole kit at once. So the whole thing is going to get delayed a few more days. But I am just happy I can now afford a decent set of mics. And I want to apologize for the low volume on all the recordings, but I can't make it any louder without the program clipping out of control.

Another side note: my fiber optic internet is getting hooked up tomorrow! It's only 2 Mbps, I don't really get why they have to make it that low... oh well, plenty faster than what I have.