PDA

View Full Version : Alizee promotion in America (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

woohoo
08-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I know this has been talked about in the "Alizée and America" thread but I just wanted to make a thread dedicated to fans who want to get together and make their communities aware of Alizee.

So what i want people to do is just list the city and state they live in so other people can get together and coordinate an alizee promotion in their city like handing out fliers/posters like some of lilitownusa have done in NYC.

Also if any one knows where to get or make Alizee posters please post it here

So I guess I'll start, I live in Herndon, VA. So if any one lives around here give me a message and for every one else good luck.

TheBarrett
08-21-2008, 11:30 PM
London, England.

But that's of no importance anyone in the California area will be my comrades for I will be flying there to spend my time promoting Alizée.

Brianh
08-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Moline, IL

ImRawdg
08-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Moline, IL

Bellevue, IA! South of Dubuque, about an hour north of Moline! Kickass! I'm sure there has to be SOME person closer though.

Idéaliser
08-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Stillwater, New York. Upstate baby! I'd be happy to meet with people within like 50-100mi if they provided transportation :P

kerasus
08-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Giresun, Turkey

outlaw
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
ill spread da word here in montana, but no 2 da folks who listen 2 country they hate anything different than it. dat and..i called their country music crap, and something a dog would shoot outta his butt. lol

NarutoSoul
08-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, I believe I make my location quite obvious... I already know some fans, but it's always nice to find more.

woohoo
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Giresun, Turkey

Alizee in Turkey who knows.:confused:

Ruroshen
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Alizee in Turkey who knows.:confused:
Enh, it's been done...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hGQCcjp9aiA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hGQCcjp9aiA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:D

kerasus
08-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Alizée is pretty well-known here in Turkey ;)
People especially know her for La Isla Bonita performance.

The hope is that she will be known all over the world, yeah..

alizee lover
08-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Phenix AZ:cool:

BlackAdder
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Vegas Baby!

Fralizee
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
I know this has been talked about in the "Alizée and America" thread but I just wanted to make a thread dedicated to fans who want to get together and make their communities aware of Alizee.

So what i want people to do is just list the city and state they live in so other people can get together and coordinate an alizee promotion in their city like handing out fliers/posters like some of lilitownusa have done in NYC.

Also if any one knows where to get or make Alizee posters please post it here

So I guess I'll start, I live in Herndon, VA. So if any one lives around here give me a message and for every one else good luck.
Boston, Ma, USA

johnnywash
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Alexandria, Virginia

Tical 808
08-27-2008, 03:17 AM
Kauai, Hawaii. The lone fan here haha, or am I :rolleyes:

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Birmingham, England =)

woohoo
08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Birmingham, England =)

How big is she in England?

woohoo
08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
This is just a map that you can update if you post were you live.

vercingetorix
08-27-2008, 06:10 PM
well im currently in PUYALLUP Washington state...although im from Tacoma...i just recently found an alizee fan round this neck of the woodz round alizees' 2008/ b-day and thats CFHOLLISTER... i also know that cooney iz from round here...maybe us three will start the Princabality of Puget Sound Kingdom Alizee...Anywayz Tacoma ,wa 253 area or surrounding area ok fans :blink:...

heyamigo
08-27-2008, 07:06 PM
why not just creat a google community map so the members can pinpoint?

brad are you listening?

term1
08-28-2008, 03:02 AM
I know right now we are all wishing and hoping that one day Lilli will hear our pleas and give us a visit and concert here state side. BUT! it may never happen :( So here's an idea....If anyone on here is into the promo business then maybe they can actually try and find out how much Lilli is paid to do a concert, and then we ALL and maybe some friends from the other us Alizee sites start a fund raiser to just book her here for a date...I know it sounds stupid and just fan driven nonsense but believe me that it is done ALL the time. Wealthy people hire performers for birthdays, weddings, whatever. Hell Mariah did a concert for a sweet 16 (reported pay was $200,000) so it is possible. Easy no, Possible yes. I also know that everyone might say "that's insane!" "it would cost a mint!" and they would be right, money talks though and with lets say 7000+ people all contributing...not so hard quick math for you with even just 2500 people giving $50 each you get $125,000 and think of it this way: you see people on here paying to fly to FAR reaches to see her anyway how much is a plane ticket + concert ticket? Not so hard in those terms, I myself would do what I could to make it happen. Well its something to think about and who knows maybe just maybe with THAT kind of effort Lilli would really notice us and schedule a concert here anyway :)

TheBarrett
08-28-2008, 03:07 AM
First deal's first.
There's a thread for this.
Second deal's second.
You all need to establish a stronger USA fanbase there.
Third deal's third.
This is the third deal and i've always wanted to sound professional like this! :D

term1
08-28-2008, 03:24 AM
Response in order of responses ;P

First: Other thread is for getting her attention and getting added to her tour date, this is for flat out just hire her. A little different

Second: US fan base has increased and is VERY previlant. Wiki Alizee and it will even tell you "recent" upsurge in US is only second to Mexico and fance now

Third: Professional is as, Professional does ;P

TheBarrett
08-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Last but not least:
Your country is big as hell (I don't mean the people :)), and most of these fans are scattered throughout your country. Develop fanbases in certain areas and when she sees the increase in these little "Operation Bases", she will strike there.

She can't go to those random towns that some of you live in. :D

HelixSix
08-28-2008, 03:53 AM
This is a great idea, and would work if planned and executed the right way.

Unfortunately there are alot of difficulties to sort out, and it would take an extraordinary amount of planning and contact with Alizée and her crew to get it going.

Personally I'd be willing to pay if I knew for sure that enough other people were going to as well. So maybe an informal sign up sheet (with an estimated dollar amount) is a good way to get started.

Who knows, there might be more than enough people willing to fork up the bill...especially if the cost is similar to attending a regular concert.

alizee lover
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
I would definitely do it :wub:but we need more info and someone who would be trusted with our money:cool:

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-28-2008, 02:08 PM
UK members of this site need to group together and set up a rival plan for her to come to us!

vercingetorix
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
UK members of this site need to group together and set up a rival plan for her to come to us!

Hey man ur either a supporting alizee america fan or ur not...y bother being here if ur not in it with us???

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-28-2008, 02:35 PM

I was being sarcastic! There aren't enough UK fans for her to ever bother coming here!

NarutoSoul
08-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Why?:confused: You don't have to travel NEARLY as far as the US fans... Why must you be so greedy? It's bad enough that we have to compete with the Mexican fans flooding her Myspace with comments, we don't need people that SHARE A CONTINENT WITH HER to make things even harder.:( LET THE US HAVE A CHANCE!:mad:

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Read the above message....

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-28-2008, 05:53 PM
In all seriousness, I just don't think Alizée will ever perform in either the States or the UK. I think her fans are just too good for her to do such a thing. If she sees Americans & Brits travelling across the globe to see her, she won't feel the need to visit such countries as the people there will have been to visit her (if you all understand what im trying to say) but its not over till the fat lady sings, and I don't thing that big girl is quite ready to clear her throat just yet....

NarutoSoul
08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Read the above message....
Sorry, I started typing my post before you posted that.

vercingetorix
08-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I was being sarcastic! There aren't enough UK fans for her to ever bother coming here!

Uhh..........................................ok...

Tchaikovsky
08-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Well then promote her so she does have more fans in the UK and she'll come to the UK.

Roman
08-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I know right now we are all wishing and hoping that one day Lilli will hear our pleas and give us a visit and concert here state side. BUT! it may never happen :( So here's an idea....If anyone on here is into the promo business then maybe they can actually try and find out how much Lilli is paid to do a concert, and then we ALL and maybe some friends from the other us Alizee sites start a fund raiser to just book her here for a date...I know it sounds stupid and just fan driven nonsense but believe me that it is done ALL the time. Wealthy people hire performers for birthdays, weddings, whatever. Hell Mariah did a concert for a sweet 16 (reported pay was $200,000) so it is possible. Easy no, Possible yes. I also know that everyone might say "that's insane!" "it would cost a mint!" and they would be right, money talks though and with lets say 7000+ people all contributing...not so hard quick math for you with even just 2500 people giving $50 each you get $125,000 and think of it this way: you see people on here paying to fly to FAR reaches to see her anyway how much is a plane ticket + concert ticket? Not so hard in those terms, I myself would do what I could to make it happen. Well its something to think about and who knows maybe just maybe with THAT kind of effort Lilli would really notice us and schedule a concert here anyway :)
That's not actually a bad idea in my opinion. Of course, if Alizée could be sure to have 7000 people or even just 2500 come to a concert I think they would just do it the normal way. Ok, this is a long way to go for a concert that small. Le Grand Rex won't be bigger, but it's practically just down the street from her, so it's not as big a deal for her to do. Still ... I think people also want her to get sales here and grow her career and her capability to continue in the business. However, a concert here would go a long way to convince fans that she isn't so out of reach after all. I wonder how many people give up after a short time figuring that she's just too far away and inaccessible. (wow, I'm back to saying here already even though I still have another day in Paris ... )

I would definitely do it :wub:but we need more info and someone who would be trusted with our money:cool:
http://www.thepoint.com/

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm in for sure
don't care where everyone wants to have it sure it will be a long drive no matter what for me

Youpidou1
08-29-2008, 01:34 AM
I know the way to get her state side...
Ask nicely with the little puppy lip and just ask, pwease?
It's full proof.

AND I COPYRIGHT THAT.

Ali
08-29-2008, 02:59 AM
Nice idea. If only we could gather $200,000 or even $100,000. :blink:

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Well then promote her so she does have more fans in the UK and she'll come to the UK.

Most people here are too ignorant to foreign languages to give her a thought, atleast Americans are more open to learning and exploring foreign language. That said, when I put Moi...Lolita on the Jukebox at my local Pool/Snooker bar, i heard atleast 3 people whistle along with the tune!

NarutoSoul
08-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Most people here are too ignorant to foreign languages to give her a thought, atleast Americans are more open to learning and exploring foreign language. That said, when I put Moi...Lolita on the Jukebox at my local Pool/Snooker bar, i heard atleast 3 people whistle along with the tune!
Americans... Open to learning and exploring foreign language? Trust me, they are few and far between.

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I've always thought Americans were open to learning other languages.....
The large number of Lili fans within the US is also an indication!
I don't know too many people over here that speak another language, and its a shame. Foreign languages are so fun to learn.

TheBarrett
08-29-2008, 07:49 PM

Where have you been? :p
I've been to the USA several times and well, I still think my United Kingdom has a bit more open-ness to other stuff. :D

But however, different people, are indeed, scattered across. :cool:

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm living in Birmingham with my mother...not really a nice place! There are places I'd rather live. I visited Fort Lauderdale in Florida February 2007 and heard a number of different languages. Spanish and French were more frequent, with Dutch and what sounded something like Portugese also quite frequent.

TheBarrett
08-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm living in Birmingham with my mother...not really a nice place! There are places I'd rather live. I visited Fort Lauderdale in Florida February 2007 and heard a number of different languages. Spanish and French were more frequent, with Dutch and what sounded something like Portugese also quite frequent.

Ah, I can see then.
London is the place to be for culture! :D

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Isn't Liverpool meant to be the home of Culture?
But I must agree, London is a nice place. I like the Imperial War Museum, and of course Wembley Stadium. The Millenium Dome was good when it was around, I've not been since it turned to the 02 dome although I did want to see Katie Melua's concert there.

Sir Wood
08-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Americans... Open to learning and exploring foreign language? Trust me, they are few and far between.

I don't know about that. Spanish is probably more dominant here in the US, as far as folks opening up to learning another language, if one were to really look into this rather then take their immediate surrounding area as proof to an argument. Schools have always offered other languages as electives to study. You can argue that they should then make foreign language studies mandatory. But then someone with say a passion for art would argue the same. Hence the elective for the person to choose which ever interests them.

There have been other threads that discusses this and we're digressing from the original topic. :p

Roman
08-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I've always thought Americans were open to learning other languages.....
The large number of Lili fans within the US is also an indication!
I don't know too many people over here that speak another language, and its a shame. Foreign languages are so fun to learn.
Unfortunately I think it's true. Fortunately there are 300,000,000 of us; so, occassionally, like me, someone decides to learn a cool language like French. :)
By the way, when I was in high school in California, taking a foreign language was mandatory and I'm sure it still is. I took 4 years of Spanish but obviously unfortunately did not keep it up.

mavsluver41
08-29-2008, 09:18 PM
By the way, when I was in high school in California, taking a foreign language was mandatory and I'm sure it still is. I took 4 years of Spanish but obviously unfortunately did not keep it up.

Foreign language is mandatory at my school, however the only choices offered are German, Chinese, Japanese, Latin, and Spanish. The practical purposes of learning the first four are minimal, so as a Texan born-and-raised, I naturally decided to take Spanish. Honestly, I think Spanish is a great language, but its not so fun to learn. I hope to God that they offer beginner's French at whatever university I choose to enroll.

rcs
08-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Paying for Alizee to come here. Boy, why does this sound so familiar to me? :rolleyes:

Tchaikovsky
08-29-2008, 11:54 PM
You guys can trust me :D

woohoo
09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Some posters around school. will post more tomorrow .
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/nickwoo2/alizeepic1.jpg
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/nickwoo2/alizeepic2.jpg
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/nickwoo2/alizeepic3.jpg

woohoo
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Duct tape is AWESOME.

Hylas1896
09-19-2008, 01:34 AM
I haven't been around much lately, but I've had the following idea:

Most major libraries have foreign music sections. Why not donate copies of Alizée's three CDs, starting with first, to major libraries across the country.
Better a banged up CD in a big library than a pristine unused CD in a collection, right? The same goes for the En Concert DVD.

I'm guessing libraries are wary of anything reminiscent of a marketing ploy, but the donation of a good thing for it's own sake is always a good thing, right? :D

Hylas1896

PS If this idea is old hat, tough. :mad: It's not like all these threads don't repeat themselves anyways. :p:D

TheBarrett
09-19-2008, 01:53 AM
I like it, unfortunately if I donate anything to any of the libraries in my area, I won't be promoting Alizée in the USA. :p
But a good idea.

RadioactiveMan
09-19-2008, 02:32 AM
I like the idea. Though I have a small amount of duplication among my collection, there is nothing that I'm willing to part with. Ordering a new copy just for this would be more appropriate except for a lack of funds to put towards gifts for libraries.

Should you donate a copy, you'll have to try to keep tabs on the disc. I'd love to hear to what extent it succeeds.

Idéaliser
09-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Oooo, maybe once I get paid tomorrow I can buy a new copy and donate it xD I dunno when it'd arrive though D:

Hylas1896
09-19-2008, 09:54 AM
BTW, I was thinking of major metropolitan libraries, mostly. In any country. :cool:

Hylas1896

wmedia
09-19-2008, 01:35 PM
I beleve you can request CD's on the libraries, and the libraries will buy them.
;)

Hylas1896
09-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Even better... Government funded Alizée Albums!

Ali
09-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Even better... Government funded Alizée Albums!

Why, thats a fantastic idea!:p

Ali
09-20-2008, 03:24 AM
Seriously, I do think it would help to promote Alizee. For one thing, libraries contain a lot of foreign books, magazines and vidoes. So why not have foreign French music.

taikonaut
09-20-2008, 03:42 AM
Seems a lot of fans wanted to speak to Alizee, have her autographs and photos taken with her. What do you think of a convention with Alizee as star guest?
I got this idea from being a Highlander fan, you the know the swash buckling immortal film with Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery. Well the TV series organises annual conventions were the main star Adrian Paul did Q&A, sign autographs, auctions on props in aid of his charity, pose with fans for photos and even sang on stage. In one year several coach load of fans along with Adrian Paul went to the Highland of Scotland and visited various locations were the filming took place and more, then stayed for a few days at a themed hotel with all the trappings of traditional Highland flavour. It was good for the stars, the fans and tourism.
Can you imagine an Alizee convention were she gave a guided tour to her home town in Corsica, Q&A, autographs, auctions, photos, performance? I've not seen that ever been done by a singer. ;)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Seems a lot of fans wanted to speak to Alizee, have her autographs and photos taken with her. What do you think of a convention with Alizee as star guest?
I got this idea from being a Highlander fan, you the know the swash buckling immortal film with Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery. Well the TV series organises annual conventions were the main star Adrian Paul did Q&A, sign autographs, auctions on props in aid of his charity, pose with fans for photos and even sang on stage. In one year several coach load of fans along with Adrian Paul went to the Highland of Scotland and visited various locations were the filming took place and more, then stayed for a few days at a themed hotel with all the trappings of traditional Highland flavour. It was good for the stars, the fans and tourism.
Can you imagine an Alizee convention were she gave a guided tour to her home town in Corsica, Q&A, autographs, auctions, photos, performance? I've not seen that ever been done by a singer. ;)
I much like this idea

PS: the Highlander movies are awesome never watch much of the series being i never really had many TV channels anyway

Idéaliser
09-20-2008, 07:58 AM
+1, Jung.

This idea would be fantastic! xD I'd love to see her home in Corsica, it'd also be cool to get a photo with her :wub:

Hylas1896
09-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Most large libraries probably have French music, even French Pop music, but perhaps only a small collection. So far.

Hylas1896
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, that settles it then. If you have a membership at a large university or city library, request an Alizée CD. It's not like it would be actually hard or anything. And cheap too. :p

Come on people, I've seen longer threads on drugs! :cool:

The country (including me) needs more foreign language exposure lately anyways.

Hyals1896

Youpidou1
09-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Alizée convention. Seems good. She should make her own clothing line and perfume, then you got a convention going. Only members of Alizée America get a VIP pass :D. VIP pass includes an exclusive J.B.G. pose of Alizée with fists of iron. COPYRIGHT :D. Who's in. She will then proceed to fly in on wing's onto a stage where she look's at you and you faint.

puffyrock2
09-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Would be great, but complete pandemonium might occur depending on where it's located. But yes, it would be great for the true Alizée nerds.

OGRE
10-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Name a hurricane after her.
:p

Edit: And for all those with long faces, remember, they all start as tropical depressions.

TheBarrett
10-15-2008, 07:17 PM
You guys will get around eventually.

Ruroshen
10-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Name a hurricane after her.

Edit: And for all those with long faces, remember, they all start as tropical depressions.
Hmm, I can see the merchandising tie-ins now...

"Alizée levelled my house, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

"Alizée: The Whirlwind Tour 2009"

"Blown away by Alizée in [insert city name here]!"

"Alizée: This Tropical Storm Goes To 11"

...etc.

Jung, Barrett, I'd get on this if I were you guys.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Hmm, I can see the merchandising tie-ins now...

"Alizée levelled my house, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

"Alizée: The Whirlwind Tour 2009"

"Blown away by Alizée in [insert city name here]!"

"Alizée: This Tropical Storm Goes To 11"

...etc.

Jung, Barrett, I'd get on this if I were you guys.
That's Hillarious

Chommpers
10-15-2008, 08:03 PM
yes, even a natural disaster can be marketed!

OGRE
10-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Tous les vents.....

woohoo
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Or name a mountain after her. Mt. Alizee. Awesome.

WyomingGrizFan
10-18-2008, 01:59 AM
I'd say front up with a guaranteed 1,000,000 € You know, like in the price of one of those 2008 Lamborghini Murciélago M.O.A.'s for instance. Plus, besides, all expenses paid for her and her entourage coming and going.

What is this...rocket science?

lefty12357
10-18-2008, 01:07 PM
I'd say front up with a guaranteed 1,000,000 € You know, like in the price of one of those 2008 Lamborghini Murciélago M.O.A.'s for instance. Plus, besides, all expenses paid for her and her entourage coming and going.

What is this...rocket science?

I'm with you, Griz. It's simple economics. Let's all buy a lottery ticket every week and vow to put up the 1,000,000 € for an Alizée concert in the USA if one of us wins the jackpot...:D

I know you're probably thinking the odds are pretty slim. Well I'd say they're no worse than the odds that she will come to the USA without our help.

Señor Villa
10-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Tell Alizée we are going to Mexico, but we actually take her to New Mexico.

YesterdaysAirRace
10-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Clearly we should just host our own awards show, and ensure she's invited. Give it a snappy name--"The First Annual Azzies" or somesuch--and invent some categories she's sure to win: "Best Ambassador of French Culture," "Corsican Most Likely To Complete Napoleon's Mission And Conquer the World," "Most Number of Rabid, Obsessive Male Fans - North America," "Most Number of Rabid, Obsessive Male Fans - Worldwide," etc. No one will suspect a thing, even after she comes away with a clean sweep.

Hold it in NYC, and if it's successful, tell here there's another ceremony in LA two days later. If that works, tell her there's a 32-city tour of award shows across the US and Canada. ;)

Rocket
10-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Tell her we have cookies.

woohoo
10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
and pie I like pie.

OGRE
10-18-2008, 05:01 PM
We could open a shoe store.

With cookies and pie.

Rev
10-18-2008, 05:18 PM

With cookies and pie.

And say that she will surprise a fan there, which will later be televised. :)

Any volunteers?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-18-2008, 05:22 PM
And say that she will surprise a fan there, which will later be televised. :)

Any volunteers?
well I guess I'll step up beings everyone else is scared to:cool:

edgar93
10-18-2008, 11:22 PM

and pie I like pie.

With cookies and pie.

anyways, you are forgetting something...:p!!

Gourmaaandiiseess:D! And strawberry candies, I love strawberries :wub:

AlizéeDuSiècle
12-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Make a stand at a Festival or something talking about this Angel called Alizee.Like play a sample of a CD of her ya know? Any more Ideas POST! hehe

Alizées little american
12-27-2008, 12:10 AM
agreed! alizee some to the U.S! grace us with your beautiful presence. maybe you can help us solve our economic issue!. btw i heard that alizee does not like america? can anyone confirm that or disprove it...plzz repsond. =D

AlizéeDuSiècle
12-27-2008, 12:11 AM
idk but good ideaz right?

woohoo
12-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Ahh these youngens and their grand ideas, its inspiring.:):):)

AlizéeDuSiècle
12-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Lol guesss how old am I?

Im not telling lol is there a age limit here

woohoo
12-27-2008, 12:53 AM
I meant new discoverers of this site and or Alizee.

mal
12-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Ok heres the plan(s)

One:
we shouldve quoted the guy above and just added our city.
Im in San Antonio/Austin Texas

Two:
we take up collections to post 15 or 30 second spots on late night tv.

three:
anyone see bill and ted? They had their community serivice show. Family guy - that dude had his kiss show. Sooooo. All cities that have a public access station allow citizens to make programs to be put on air. In SA its a 30 min spot.

(problem - I think as long as theres commentary like a news show I can air vid clips of her. )

so if Brad doesnt want too I will. Ill start a paypal and take donations to buy air time on regular tv.

Future Raptor Ace
12-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Lol guesss how old am I?

Im not telling lol is there a age limit here
theres no age limit here to my knowledge

woohoo
12-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I think the only way Alizee will do a tour in the US is if Alizee and Yelle make a combined US tour. Since Yelle is already known here it would be a good way to get Alizee's popularity up in the US. then once she is known then she can do her own tour.

TheBarrett
12-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I think the only way Alizee will do a tour in the US is if Alizee and Yelle make a combined US tour. Since Yelle is already known here it would be a good way to get Alizee's popularity up in the US. then once she is known then she can do her own tour.

Can someone say, opening act? ;)

woohoo
12-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Maybe they could do a duet?

Tchaikovsky
12-27-2008, 09:04 PM
No...just no

woohoo
12-27-2008, 09:34 PM
No...just no

Sad face!!!:(:(:(

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-27-2008, 10:29 PM
that would work rather well

the only thing is I don't know who would open for who :p

Youpidou1
12-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Whats the point. If more fans are only there to see Yelle and there are few fans there to see Alizée sorry to say but it's not worth her time and effort. She is going to satisfy only a few people and Yelle will satisfy more, then there might be a jealousy problem.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-27-2008, 11:07 PM
No...just no
and why not?

are you afraid of who will open?

Jamie
12-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Alizée is one of a kind. Better singing, better music.....

Youpidou1
12-28-2008, 01:36 AM
No...just no

Agreed, she doesn't need anyone else help. Only her fans to support her even when in the rough times then she will be well known. I am sure everyone last person on this site will help Alizée and her quest to America, if she has a quest.

Idéaliser
12-28-2008, 01:50 AM
I think the Lili + Yelle tour would be a great idea, so long as they each got an equal amount of songs and some duets in there. It'd be fun!

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Whats the point. If more fans are only there to see Yelle and there are few fans there to see Alizée sorry to say but it's not worth her time and effort. She is going to satisfy only a few people and Yelle will satisfy more, then there might be a jealousy problem.

well you got a point and you don't

I went to a Yelle concert as most people know and you know what I made a couple people into Alizée fans and there were actually a couple of people there that had liked Alizée before I even mentioned it

so why would it be different if they went to a concert that actually featured Yelle too?

I'm a fan of both artists too and why can't other people be the same? well there are a lot of fans of both artists, but a lot of people are too stuck up or infatuated to say hey that's actually pretty good, that goes for fans of both artists

Agreed, she doesn't need anyone else help. Only her fans to support her even when in the rough times then she will be well known. I am sure everyone last person on this site will help Alizée and her quest to America, if she has a quest.

everyone needs help at times

Youpidou1
12-28-2008, 11:50 AM
well you got a point and you don't

I went to a Yelle concert as most people know and you know what I made a couple people into Alizée fans and there were actually a couple of people there that had liked Alizée before I even mentioned it

so why would it be different if they went to a concert that actually featured Yelle too?

I'm a fan of both artists too and why can't other people be the same? well there are a lot of fans of both artists, but a lot of people are too stuck up or infatuated to say hey that's actually pretty good, that goes for fans of both artists

everyone needs help at times

Nobody said Yelle is bad or anything of the sort, we simply just want Alizée do have her own concert like she sells out concerts throughout Europe.

woohoo
12-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Nobody said Yelle is bad or anything of the sort, we simply just want Alizée do have her own concert like she sells out concerts throughout Europe.

I know, I want her to do her own concert too, but it just wont happen unless she is known here. A Alizee and Yelle tour would be a good way to make her known here so she can have her own tour in the US.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I know, I want her to do her own concert too, but it just wont happen unless she is known here. A Alizee and Yelle tour would be a good way to make her known here so she can have her own tour in the US.
exactly one needs tobe known to sell out concert specially big venues like Alizée wants

Ruroshen
12-28-2008, 12:45 PM

As much as I believe this is an absolutely brilliant idea, I suspect it's unlikely to happen given that Yelle and Alizée are on different record labels. It would be awesome, though.

I think a more likely strategy would be to have Alizée's work sampled in a song or two by a hot artist on Sony BMG here in the North America, and gradually introduce her Stateside that way.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-28-2008, 12:55 PM
As much as I believe this is an absolutely brilliant idea, I suspect it's unlikely to happen given that Yelle and Alizée are on different record labels. It would be awesome, though.

I think a more likely strategy would be to have Alizée's work sampled in a song or two by a hot artist on Sony BMG here in the North America, and gradually introduce her Stateside that way.
it matters not if they are on the same record label to tour together

Rob Zombie (Sony) and Ozzy Ozbourne (CBS) toured together last year

besides Yelle is switching labels to epic (jive)

lefty12357
12-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I don’t know, maybe you could have a French Pop Diva Tour. Get Alizée, Yelle, Natasha St. Pier and a few more together. Possible other candidates could be Jenifer, Lorie, Nolwenn Leroy and Amel Bent. Each could perform 3 or 4 songs of their own and then do a few songs together. They could also perform some English standards. Like a mini Les Enfoirés.

They could even film a concert in France and get it shown on PBS, just like they did with “Riverdance” or “Celtic Woman”. Then follow that up with a US tour. It might be easier to promote something like that.

OK, I admit it. I’ve probably gone off the deep end...:D :rolleyes:

woohoo
12-28-2008, 01:40 PM
That is also a good idea. Although, PBS? We can do better than that right?:):):)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
good idea but not as likely

i_luv_alizee
12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusion. Of course we would all like to see her here in America. But until she is signed to a US label and actually releases something here, that's not going to happen. Concerts & tours are part of promotion. But when there's nothing to promote then what's the point? Pfft! Look at how many popstars release music in America but still don't ever tour here.

Tchaikovsky
12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Yelle is bad
Agreed. :cool:

Roman
12-28-2008, 06:27 PM
I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusion. Of course we would all like to see her here in America. But until she is signed to a US label and actually releases something here, that's not going to happen. Concerts & tours are part of promotion. But when there's nothing to promote then what's the point? Pfft! Look at how many popstars release music in America but still don't ever tour here.
Well, any time they have an album it can be promoted. There are still copies to buy right? Promotion is when Alizée decides it is. Besides, concerts are to make money for the performer in which case, as was the case originally, the album serves to promote the concert not the other way around.
Having said that, you are probably right. She'll have to either try to be a performer and make performances happen (somewhere) or her fans will have to throw away the rule book, become a monster of a force, grow their numbers and create a great outcry (or so I figure having seen what happened in Mexico).

What do I know? Nothing. Just common sense. It's not impossible, but the will must come from somewhere, not just wishes.

But yeah, it's fun to talk about wishes for a time. We did lots of that back in the day (2007) and there have always been a few people who did a little promotion, some of them successfully. Was anyone really jumping to conclusions?

OGRE
12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
An entertainer needs a "hit".....several are better, but only one is needed...., and it needs to hit hard and fast. Fame in this industry is fleeting. Even the "hit" is only good for a season.

The Lolita Alizée had the hit....multiple hits...and they were taken advantage of to full extent, and created a strong worldwide fan base that hung on for several years.

The Alizée of today did not get the "hit". Nothing hit hard and fast. Psychedelices was mostly a sustainment album, as were the concerts. Her current fame is as much momentum from four years ago as it is additions to the base.

As for coming to America to perform.....even with a hit it would be a fat chance. Without a hit, it's nigh impossible with the exception of perhaps niche performance in a niche forum.

No matter what we do, the main driver in all this is..."THE HIT". She's gotta deliver something that takes hold and brings 'em in. Then we have a chance.

I'm still here because I feel a part of this enterprise. I see potential. I see possibilities. I'm hoping to see it all come together...BAM! And I can say I was there all along. But the possibility exists that there will be no more hits....no more magical dances....no more. That too is the price we pay for hanging on. As with any entertainer, years can pass inbetween hits...or albums. The magic of yesteryear is fading.....the magic of today is weak....we hope and pray for some new magic in the years to come. And I'll be here.
:wub:

mavsluver41
12-28-2008, 07:11 PM
An entertainer needs a "hit".....several are better, but only one is needed...., and it needs to hit hard and fast. Fame in this industry is fleeting. Even the "hit" is only good for a season.

The Lolita Alizée had the hit....multiple hits...and they were taken advantage of to full extent, and created a strong worldwide fan base that hung on for several years.

The Alizée of today did not get the "hit". Nothing hit hard and fast. Psychedelices was mostly a sustainment album, as were the concerts. Her current fame is as much momentum from four years ago as it is additions to the base.

As for coming to America to perform.....even with a hit it would be a fat chance. Without a hit, it's nigh impossible with the exception of perhaps niche performance in a niche forum.

No matter what we do, the main driver in all this is..."THE HIT". She's gotta deliver something that takes hold and brings 'em in. Then we have a chance.

I'm still here because I feel a part of this enterprise. I see potential. I see possibilities. I'm hoping to see it all come together...BAM! And I can say I was there all along. But the possibility exists that there will be no more hits....no more magical dances....no more. That too is the price we pay for hanging on. As with any entertainer, years can pass inbetween hits...or albums. The magic of yesteryear is fading.....the magic of today is weak....we hope and pray for some new magic in the years to come. And I'll be here.
:wub:

I agree, Ogre, good post. But, honestly, as much as I'd love to see all the wonderful suggestions and ideas above reach fruition, the fundamental fact remains that she simply does not want to expand her career to America. It's been discussed a billion times: almost everything with Alizée (fan communication, concert performances, career expansion, etc.) boils down to a function of desire and effort. Even when all the pieces are in place, a little push is necessary - only she can supply that impetus. Sure, many external forces come into play as well, such as the necessity of a 'hit,' but I think a basic desire to accomplish something has to exist.

Youpidou1
12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I still think that Alizée can be known if people like the people with Operation LTNY, went out to meet the public and handed out little things with her name on it. Hell even set up a stereo with her albums going.

Ruroshen
12-29-2008, 12:33 AM
I still think that Alizée can be known if people like the people with Operation LTNY, went out to meet the public and handed out little things with her name on it. Hell even set up a stereo with her albums going.

I'm not sure it's that easy, Youpi. Disque from Op Drop (http://disquedrop.blogspot.com) has dropped several hundred CDs and DVDs around the city since he started in the summer, and from talking to him, it sounds like he's only gotten a few bites here and there. I fear the language barrier might just be too much for most people to overlook, sadly.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm not sure it's that easy, Youpi. Disque from Op Drop (http://disquedrop.blogspot.com) has dropped several hundred CDs and DVDs around the city since he started in the summer, and from talking to him, it sounds like he's only gotten a few bites here and there. I fear the language barrier might just be too much for most people to overlook, sadly.

not only that but he is not the only one that has been doing similar things

it is not in the fans hands completely to promote

there are things that can help her though through say touring with someone who is already established

Ruroshen
12-29-2008, 01:08 AM

Actually, in point of fact, yes it is. (Or at least it has been for the past several months. :() Especially in North America...she has no promotional presence at all over here, except for the grassroots efforts that fans like Snatcher and Disque are putting forth.

The main barrier I can see--what appears to have given her the greatest boost in Mexico--is getting her music played in clubs, and from there having it requested for radio play. We're all English snobs over here. Even in Montreal (where the population is predominantly francophone), virtually all that most clubs will play is American Top 40. Sad but true. Barring another international mega-hit on the scale of Moi...Lolita, as OGRE said, I don't see a way towards overcoming that prejudice on a wide scale.

I'm not saying it's not worth fighting the good fight...but let's be honest, we're tilting at windmills, here. :o

there are things that can help her though through say touring with someone who is already established
Oh, absolutely. Which is why I agree that it's a brilliant idea.

ImRawdg
12-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Are there any major English speaking artists that like Alizee? Because as far as I know, artists disclose their influences and people they are a fan of, right? I believe all it would take is ONE. If there was one major artist who liked her, that would be the seed. Just an idea.

Ruroshen
12-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Are there any major English speaking artists that like Alizee? Because as far as I know, artists disclose their influences and people they are a fan of, right? I believe all it would take is ONE. If there was one major artist who liked her, that would be the seed. Just an idea.

Well, maybe Coldplay...

I KEED! I KEED! :D

Youpidou1
12-29-2008, 01:30 AM

So say Alizée does go touring with Yelle, the few fans that she has in America will be depleted after the first few concerts because she isn't well known. Then what, she performs at Yelles concerts and she knows that she has not to many fans watching her, then she can only hope that this works. I mean people have different views on there music. She just needs to do programs that are put on TV for the public viewers to see, MTV(always show foreign music, great place to start and it only costs a long distance phone call from her manager, I am almost certain they will fit her in on like TRL), talk shows, SNL, bars etc.

Yelle is already known here and putting Alizée at that level to start out is just plain wrong, it will be very stressful for her. Now do we want that? I mean what happened to starting out small and working your way up. Going with Yelle is starting at the top and hoping for the best. Are we even sure Yelle would allow Alizée to tour with her?

Youpidou1
12-29-2008, 01:33 AM

One time isn't enough to suffice a few 10K fans for a concert or tour here.
I am saying to the people who aren't doing anything promotional wise I think they need to get up and get out there and meet the public head on and force different cultures upon them. What a difference we will see if everyone contributes.

ImRawdg
12-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Well, maybe Coldplay...

I KEED! I KEED! :D

Why didn't I think of that? :p

I seriously wonder what Coldplay thinks of her...they have to at least know about her now, somewhat.

Ruroshen
12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
One time isn't enough to suffice a few 10K fans for a concert or tour here.

One time? Sir, again let me stress...Disque has been doing his thing, regularly, since July. From what I can tell, he's dropped in the neighborhood of five or six hundred discs over the past several months...possibly more, since he apparently often does "incidental drops" of a dozen or so here and there that he doesn't even bother to mention on his blog.

Despite all that, he's had maybe one or two people who have bothered to comment on his blog that they even found a disc, much less that they've given it a spin and become an Alizée fan in the process. This is not a such a great return on investment. I suspect even Disque would admit that much.

I am saying to the people who aren't doing anything promotional wise I think they need to get up and get out there and meet the public head on and force different cultures upon them. What a difference we will see if everyone contributes.

See, the problem with this sentence here is the word "force". How likely would you be to embrace something that was "forced" on you?

Youpidou1
12-29-2008, 01:55 AM
One time? Sir, again let me stress...Disque has been doing his thing, regularly, since July. From what I can tell, he's dropped in the neighborhood of five or six hundred discs over the past several months...possibly more, since he apparently often does "incidental drops" of a dozen or so here and there that he doesn't even bother to mention on his blog.

Despite all that, he's had maybe one or two people who have bothered to comment on his blog that they even found a disc, much less that they've given it a spin and become an Alizée fan in the process. This is not a such a great return on investment. I suspect even Disque would admit that much.

See, the problem with this sentence here is the word "force". How likely would you be to embrace something that was "forced" on you?

Ok he drops 600 disc's, he's only one person. I want to see EVERYONE getting out there to promote her. Him and operation LTNY are really the only promotional events that happen(or so I hear). I call my local radio station Z100(at least once a week) and tell them to play Alizée and when they say they don't have it I offered to send them a copy but they rather put me on hold for an eternity.

I worded that last part wrong, we don't want to force it upon them. But we should encourage it alot. Just to the point where you will say alright these guys annoyed me so much now whats the fuss about this Alizée girl. Then when they find out what she is about they will fall in love like everyone else does.

ImRawdg
12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I picture myself in the shoes of the two people I showed Alizee to. They were not interested, even if they pretended to be. It seems a lot of people here at this forum came across her themselves, accidentally. That's where the charm is. I almost guarantee that if someone had actually showed her to me, I would have consciously dodged it, but that's just how I think.

Rev
12-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Millions of people have seen the videos posted on YouTube.

I wonder what would happen if a really good video of her had a web site listed that had a place for them to indiacate if they would like for her to come to the USA and perform? And perhaps a place to indicate where (NY, CA, etc.).

I wonder what type of response the site would get?

If, for example, 100,000 responded, would this give her food for thought? :)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-29-2008, 08:26 AM
So say Alizée does go touring with Yelle, the few fans that she has in America will be depleted after the first few concerts because she isn't well known. Then what, she performs at Yelles concerts and she knows that she has not to many fans watching her, then she can only hope that this works. I mean people have different views on there music.

yes I know that, but I have seen many a Yelle fans that like Alizée when shown and many Alizée fans who like Yelle

then there are ones who are so biased that won't even watch or listen to the song I present

as far as her fans being depleted I think the opposite they will grow in strength

Yelle is already known here and putting Alizée at that level to start out is just plain wrong, it will be very stressful for her. Now do we want that? I mean what happened to starting out small and working your way up. Going with Yelle is starting at the top and hoping for the best.

you see now you are both giving Yelle too much credit and saying that it is bad for someone smaller to tour with a bigger band

first off Yelle has had one tour in the US although it was very successful her biggest concert had 4000 :eek: people which in itself isn't bad for a foreign language band

second a lot of smaller bands need a little exposure from someone who is already more popular right? not saying it has to be Yelle but she almost needs someone with a little momentum to help out

Are we even sure Yelle would allow Alizée to tour with her?

I can't say :cool::cool:

all I will say is everything is in Alizée's hands

i_luv_alizee
12-29-2008, 02:58 PM
In order for anything to happen in America, she needs to be signed to an American record label. Only then can anything else hope to happen... As for the disque drop, or whatever it's called, of course us fans can do stuff like that. Or tell people about her at websites or whatever. It's something... But how much will that really help??? Not much. If she's going to succeed in a market like America, or even have a chance, she needs to have major backing from a label. Until that happens everything else is moot.

edgar93
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Ok he drops 600 disc's, he's only one person. I want to see EVERYONE getting out there to promote her. Him and operation LTNY are really the only promotional events that happen(or so I hear).

Don´t forget Amigo´s LTSF :cool:, and some other guys who have dropped some cds, as Lefty has done, right?

Well, I just wanted to say that, though we are her fans and we, of course, should support and promote her, we are NOT her promotion team! or whoever she hires for promoting her. Of course it should be our dutty to promote Alizee, actually many of us (well, many of you ´coz unfortunately I have not done anything to promote her but to write on several desks in my school "visit alizeeamerica.com" :() have promoted her, and as I already said, we should do that, because we want her to succes here and to bring more people, but she is supposed to have someone to do it! It feels good, but we are not supposed to do everything! At least a little bit more of effort from their/her part would help (Im not saying that she/they doesnt make an effort). What I want to point out is that her promotion team should do more or make a bigger effort for promoting her, and I hope they will get the courage and desire for promoting her in an organized and official way here.

I worded that last part wrong, we don't want to force it upon them. But we should encourage it alot.

Well, I don´t think that forcing them to listen or like Alizee would really work. Just like somebody said some post above, try to picture yourself in the shoes of the other people. If they dont like, they don´t like it! When someone is trying to encourage me to listen to some music, and if I don´t like it, Im not listening to it!, because I didn´t find it interesting the first time and it didn´t attract me so Im not interested on it. Here is when a hit is needed as OGRE said.

Just to the point where you will say alright these guys annoyed me so much now whats the fuss about this Alizée girl. Then when they find out what she is about they will fall in love like everyone else does.

Or maybe it could work :rolleyes:. I didn´t use to like/listen METAL, but I see Barrett and P. or Jung talking about it, to the point that Im like "whats the fuss about all this". Then maybe I get interested on it, (though maybe I didn´t like it at the beginning), because I see other people talking about it and I get used :D.

all I will say is everything is in Alizée's hands

Amén :).

TheBarrett
12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Or maybe it could work :rolleyes:. I didn´t use to like/listen some kind of rock, but I see Barrett and P. or Jung talking about it, to the point that Im like "whats the fuss about all this". Then maybe I get interested on it, (though maybe I didn´t like it at the beginning), because I see other people talking about it and I get used :D.

The proper term for our music is not rock, it isn't mineral, it isn't iron.
It is strictly METAL :)

edgar93
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
The proper term for our music is not rock, it isn't mineral, it isn't iron.
It is strictly METAL :)

Ok, now it is corrected ;)

woohoo
12-29-2008, 05:46 PM
and why not?

are you afraid of who will open?

A duet would solve that.

I don’t know, maybe you could have a French Pop Diva Tour. Get Alizée, Yelle, Natasha St. Pier and a few more together. Possible other candidates could be Jenifer, Lorie, Nolwenn Leroy and Amel Bent. Each could perform 3 or 4 songs of their own and then do a few songs together. They could also perform some English standards. Like a mini Les Enfoirés.

They could even film a concert in France and get it shown on PBS, just like they did with “Riverdance” or “Celtic Woman”. Then follow that up with a US tour. It might be easier to promote something like that.

OK, I admit it. I’ve probably gone off the deep end...:D :rolleyes:

I would Watch a Alizee/Yelle/Lorie concert. It would be as cool as ninjas.:cool::cool::cool:

In order for anything to happen in America, she needs to be signed to an American record label. Only then can anything else hope to happen... As for the disque drop, or whatever it's called, of course us fans can do stuff like that. Or tell people about her at websites or whatever. It's something... But how much will that really help??? Not much. If she's going to succeed in a market like America, or even have a chance, she needs to have major backing from a label. Until that happens everything else is moot.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Yelle was singed to An American label when she toured here or any other labels of countries she preformed in so labels shouldn't be a Problem for Alizee. Also the disk drop hasn't been to successful to my knowledge so if Alizee tours with Yelle, or any other foriegn artist for that matter, in America she will become known faster and more wide spread than any efforts we have been trying.

i_luv_alizee
12-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Yelle was singed to An American label when she toured here or any other labels of countries she preformed in so labels shouldn't be a Problem for Alizee. Also the disk drop hasn't been to successful to my knowledge so if Alizee tours with Yelle, or any other foriegn artist for that matter, in America she will become known faster and more wide spread than any efforts we have been trying.
I was just at Amazon (US) and apparently Yelle's album was released here in America back in April. So that would mean that she does have a record deal. As for when she actually toured here, I don't know when that was. Maybe she toured before she signed to a label? I don't know. But she's obviously signed to one now. :)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-29-2008, 06:06 PM
^if you look you will see Alizée there too all of her albums
she is under Sony BMG (Jive) which is a world wide label

and for those interested Yelle's label right now......... http://www.astralwerks.com/

Jamie
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM

and for those interested Yelle's label right now......... http://www.astralwerks.com/

Not interested. :p

i_luv_alizee
12-29-2008, 08:24 PM

I know that. But those are imports. :p Yelle's CD was actually released here in America, meaning it can be found in the stores. And I realize Sony is a worldwide label. But that doesn't mean Alizée can release stuff anywhere. She still has to be signed to a label in a country (or market) to actually release something there. Otherwise the only way to get her music is to import it. Anyway my point is, the music industry is a business and is full of politics, and while the fans can do a little to help, it's really up to the artists and their labels to do most of the work. :confused:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Alizée is available in Virgin stores and come next month Alizée and Yelle are under the same label

and it matters not if they were or not

woohoo
12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Well if they are going to be on the same label all they better to tour together.

lefty12357
12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Being successful is not an all or nothing proposition. I’ve mentioned in the past an American artist I know of that fills 2000 seat venues all across this country. Every time he releases a CD he sells 100,000 units. This guy lives pretty well and has never had a hit on the radio and his is not a household name. I would still call his career a success. This may be the kind of success Alizée would prefer, who knows. I don’t think she ever wants to be as big as Britney, nor does she want all the headaches that go along with it.

Alizée had trouble selling out the Rex at 2650 seats in her own country. Jung mentioned that Yelle performed in a 4000 seat venue in the USA, even though she sang in French, was on her first tour here, and hers is not a household name here. I would also consider her American tour a success. My point is; a moderate or even minor success in a market like the USA can still reap respectable financial benefits. It may be very well worth it for Alizée to do something in the USA, even if she doesn’t become a huge star here. At least she could lay the groundwork for better things in the future.

As far as releasing CDs under labels in country, Sony/BMG is multinational and has labels all over the world they can work with. They just need to make the decision to release here.

On a side note, Alizée was listed on the French Music Export Offices website back when Psych came out:
http://www.french-music.org/scr_artist.php?artist_id=22942
I thought that was kind of interesting.

woohoo
12-30-2008, 12:53 AM
I dont think the money is a huge part of the decision to come to America. I think that for Alizee to do her own tour here she would need at least 20,000 fans to come to concerts around the country, but right now I doubt her fans reach into the 5000 range. So having another artist promote her would be a good thing for her. It wouldn't matter if it was an American artist our someone like Yelle or Lorie the promotion effect that it would have might be able to get the fan base up around 20,000 - 25,000.

edgar93
12-30-2008, 01:07 AM
I dont think the money is a huge part of the decision to come to America. I think that for Alizee to do her own tour here she would need at least 20,000 fans to come to concerts around the country, but right now I doubt her fans reach into the 5000 range. So having another artist promote her would be a good thing for her. It wouldn't matter if it was an American artist our someone like Yelle or Lorie the promotion effect that it would have might be able to get the fan base up around 20,000 - 25,000.

But if money was part of the Grand Rex´s cancelation; low sales. I think 20,000 fans is too much dude, there are 1913 members here, and about half of them or maybe a bit more would assist to a concert of Alizee here in America. Obviously there are more fans somewhere, but as Lefty said, she had trouble selling out the Rex concert, with 2650 seats, In her own country (which doesn´t have the same amount of fans as it used to). Not even the Mexico concerts reached more than 10,000 ticket selled.

woohoo
12-30-2008, 01:22 AM
But if money was part of the Grand Rex´s cancelation; low sales. I think 20,000 fans is too much dude, there are 1913 members here, and about half of them or maybe a bit more would assist to a concert of Alizee here in America. Obviously there are more fans somewhere, but as Lefty said, she had trouble selling out the Rex concert, with 2650 seats, In her own country (which doesn´t have the same amount of fans as it used to). Not even the Mexico concerts reached more than 10,000 ticket selled.

Well if she has 4-6 concerts in the States lets say only 1000 to 2000 estimated attendance at each one we are looking at 4000 to 12000 people that would go to a concert. Now we have to take into account the fans that cannot attend any concert lets say 3000. So with these totally made up number estimants we need a fan base of about 7000 to 15000 to get her her own concert tour here and right now that isn't happening.

edgar93
12-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Well if she has 4-6 concerts in the States lets say only 1000 to 2000
Well, I agree with that, 1000 to 2000 is a reasonable amount of fans attending to a concert here.

estimated attendance at each one we are looking at 4000 to 12000 people that would go to a concert.
I highly doubt that every concert will sold out or reach 2000 tickets.

Now we have to take into account the fans that cannot attend any concert lets say 3000.

I dont think that such amount of fans are missing the concerts. If they are fans, Im pretty sure they are making the effort to assist.
So with these totally made up number estimants we need a fan base of about 7000 to 15000 to get her her own concert tour here and right now that isn't happening.

Without mention the big amount of mexican/people from all over america and even the world that would come.

Now, this is getting hillarious :p. We are making conclusions and even giving out numbers, I think we went too far :D But this is just supposition

TheBarrett
12-30-2008, 01:57 AM
She should just go and do USA concerts. Why not?
Heck, the Finntroll concert I went to had only 95-105 people.
Yet they still put on a great show!

Amigo!
12-30-2008, 02:02 AM

If someone :rolleyes: teaches her to shred a guitar... I think I can see that happening.

Although if I remember right, she does like a good bass :cool:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-30-2008, 07:38 AM
I dont think that such amount of fans are missing the concerts. If they are fans, Im pretty sure they are making the effort to assist.

gotta bring into account travel that some people either wouldn't be able to afford or won't be able to take off work/school that's where that number comes into play

woohoo
12-30-2008, 02:46 PM

I doubt she would come to America to have concert for 100 people but if she did i would totally be there.

woohoo
12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, I agree with that, 1000 to 2000 is a reasonable amount of fans attending to a concert here.

I highly doubt that every concert will sold out or reach 2000 tickets.

Without mention the big amount of mexican/people from all over america and even the world that would come.

Now, this is getting hillarious :p. We are making conclusions and even giving out numbers, I think we went too far :D But this is just supposition

yeah I totally made up these BS numbers, but still my point is we need more people who would go to a concert.

TheBarrett
12-30-2008, 03:36 PM
gotta bring into account travel that some people either wouldn't be able to afford or won't be able to take off work/school that's where that number comes into play

If they just say "screw it", accept the offer to fly around to see her, you never know if anything might pop up. :p

edgar93
01-15-2009, 09:22 PM
A little bit old promotion pic, date september 2008:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5977/frikieoxxopuego7.jpg

I wonder who the girl on the top right is.... :)

TheBarrett
01-15-2009, 09:28 PM
A little bit old promotion pic, date september 2008:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5977/frikieoxxopuego7.jpg

I wonder who the girl on the top right is.... :)

Is that...the Jonass Sisters?
(ANGER*)

edgar93
01-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Dang.
Guys at Alizee-Mexico are attending to a fan meeting next Saturday 24, 11 AM at the Auditorio Nacional's stairs. This meeting is way more special than the other ones :rolleyes:, because they are recording a video for Alizée, and then, it will be taken to France by one of Zeus' friends who works in SONY MUSIC (Mexico, I guess).

And it is SONY who is organizing the event :eek:! so they can be sure Lilly will watch the video.

Just once again, could you tell me guys, WHY WE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL AMERICAN FAN-SITE!!??

Amigo!
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
WHY WE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL AMERICAN FAN-SITE!!??

Because we are more like the forgotten fan site, that's why.

Ruroshen
01-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Just once again, could you tell me guys, WHY WE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL AMERICAN FAN-SITE!!??

Because there's nothing official going on in America period as far as Alizée is concerned. We might as well be Alizée Abudabi. :p

i_luv_alizee
01-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Until Alizée actually gets signed by an American label, nothing can happen here. Why is that so difficult to understand? Even in Mexico, in order to have her stuff released she had to be signed to a label. It was word-of-mouth that actually brought her there.

lefty12357
01-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Alizée's French Psychédélices CD is on the RCA - Sony/BMG label. Her Mexican CD is also on the RCA - Sony/BMG label. Her company is international and has outlets all over the world including the USA. She was not lacking access to a label in the USA when her album was released. They simply chose not to release it here.

rcs
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
...Just once again, could you tell me guys, WHY WE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL AMERICAN FAN-SITE!!??

Maybe she thinks we can afford to fly all over the globe to see her. I'm still waiting for that trip to Australia Lili.

Elle est un phenomene
01-20-2009, 12:27 AM
That would bE SICK and to think its actually a possibility... might be a small one but its there. IF theyre on the same label and Yelle tours USA again, who knows they might try to tag Alizee along with her. ah just high hopes, right?!

Amigo!
01-20-2009, 12:29 AM
ah just high hopes, right?!

No... Possible if you actually think about, and if you've ever seen Yelle perform in person ;)

BTW... Welcome to Alizée America :)

Roman
01-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Leaving out a lot of the background of the comment but, in words of Danny Goldberg talking about his mysterious success with Bad Company as a promoter and in general in his experience, "The media and the business were important in terms of opening doors, but it was the mysterious chemistry or lack thereof between music and the fans that made the business run." Many of the rest of his stories demonstrate how instrumental good managers and promotion are and how business deals and mechanics and save things or kill things, but there's that statement. It's relevant to the whole question of Alizée's viability.

edgar93
01-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey, nice! Psychedelices is in the top 10 + GAY of the year :mad: by Mixup.
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9118/escanear0003ye3.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=escanear0003ye3.jpg)

Though not everything sucks, the Jonas Sisters are there :p....

edgar93
02-02-2009, 07:31 PM
So today I was at a pool here in toronto, ready for some swimming. I was walking on the pool's deck when exactly at 5:02 PM a familiar song starts to play :)... Holy crap, that's La Isla Bonita :eek:!
I was standing there, with a big smile on the face :D, and I was wondering "Madonna or, nah, Alizée??". While intro was playing, my heart was beating faster and faster, just waiting to hear a voice.... and, Holy shit, Lilly started to sing, not Madonna :eek:!! I recognized her voice at the first moment :wub:.
My instructor was calling me from the pool, he was already in the water, but I said, "nah, go to hell, let me enjoy this moment" :D. Heh I was so excited, it was the first time I hear LIB in América, and not played by me :cool:

So, was it Disque's hundreds of dropped CD's and effort? Did someone in the staff already knew her? WAS IT A RADIO STATION :eek::)!?

Whatever was the reason, whoa, that made my month. Maybe our efforts for promoting her in America is finally working. I don't know, maybe it was a mistake and somebody tried to download Madonna's LIB, but, hey, that's how everything starts :)

Now, has anyone heard one of her songs in the states/Canada? Ruro have you?
I remember Lefty saying he once watched an extract of Parler Tout Bas on an American tv channel...

02/02/09 at 5:02, it was my day... :cool:

Tchaikovsky
02-02-2009, 08:14 PM
So today I was at a pool here in toronto, ready for some swimming. I was walking on the pool's deck when exactly at 5:02 PM a familiar song starts to play :)... Holy crap, that's La Isla Bonita :eek:!
I was standing there, with a big smile on the face :D, and I was wondering "Madonna or, nah, Alizée??". While intro was playing, my heart was beating faster and faster, just waiting to hear a voice.... and, Holy shit, Lilly started to sing, not Madonna :eek:!! I recognized her voice at the first moment :wub:.
My instructor was calling me from the pool, he was already in the water, but I said, "nah, go to hell, let me enjoy this moment" :D. Heh I was so excited, it was the first time I hear LIB in América, and not played by me :cool:

So, was it Disque's hundreds of dropped CD's and effort? Did someone in the staff already knew her? WAS IT A RADIO STATION :eek::)!?

Whatever was the reason, whoa, that made my month. Maybe our efforts for promoting her in America is finally working. I don't know, maybe it was a mistake and somebody tried to download Madonna's LIB, but, hey, that's how everything starts :)

I remember Lefty saying he once watched an extract of Parler Tout Bas on an American tv channel...

Good for you. I still have yet to experience such a moment. :(

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Put Alizée On Your Local Access Cable!

Most large cities in the US have local access cable TV channels, most likely there are already music themed programs that you could contact and dovetail in with(sorry for the bad grammar).

If not, you could start your own show.

Clips of En Concert or You-tube vids are a perfect way to bring Alizée to the public. Just use a slate to ID the work and Alizée of course and next thing you know, folks will be You-tubing her up.

I've already done some of this here in Texas.

LL Cool B
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM

:cool:That is way cool Edgar.:cool: Alizee is our "Desperado"! When she comes on, we go into a zone. Too funny how you told your coach to back off.

What happened to you, happens to me everytime that damm Cold Play song comes on....Fuckers!

Did you ever find out who was the Alizee Fan? Was it a DJ? Kind of like the old school DJ's they used to have at roller rinks, exept this was a Pool DJ. And WTF man, swiming in Toronto in February?

edgar93
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
:cool:That is way cool Edgar.:cool: Alizee is our "Desperado"! When she comes on, we go into a zone. Too funny how you told your coach to back off.

What happened to you, happens to me everytime that damm Cold Play song comes on....Fuckers!

Did you ever find out who was the Alizee Fan? Was it a DJ? Kind of like the old school DJ's they used to have at roller rinks, exept this was a Pool DJ. And WTF man, swiming in Toronto in February?

Indeed it was cool :) Its a nice experience, like if everything you wished had come true for 5 mins :) And heh, I didn't tell that to my coach but almost did, just moved my hand like "go to hell".
Well, when I hear Viva La Vida I think the same, I think I already expressed my thoughts about that in this thread :blink:.

I forgot to mention that I even asked the staff who chose the music :p I asked at the front desk, but they had no idea :blink:, they told me to ask to the staff on the pool.
So I asked a girl there and she told me that they had some music in the back, on a room (damn, so It wasn't the radio :(), but then she said that sometimes it was the radio, so at the end it could have been the radio or a cd.
And the pool was indoor :p

Roman
02-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Hey, nice! Psychedelices is in the top 10 + GAY of the year :mad: by Mixup.
Though not everything sucks, the Jonas Sisters are there :p....
Uh, what exactly does that even mean? And glad to hear about your "pool party" experience.

edgar93
02-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Received this today from Alizee-Latino:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o271/RondasX/flayer1_EDGE.png

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o271/RondasX/flayer_2_EDGE.png

They are flyers for promoting, "ready" to print. Though not sure how it will work, but I must say, nice organization ;).

woohoo
02-14-2009, 09:19 PM

They are flyers for promoting, "ready" to print. Though not sure how it will work, but I must say, nice organization ;).

These are very nice. We should make some.

Roman
02-14-2009, 10:36 PM

yeah, those guys kick ass.

rcs
02-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Key word..."Organization" = Lili visit. :cool:

KC Kcrooner
03-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Hi All Totaly new here but qwestion begs to be asked, will we ever see a concert in America? Maybe a small gig at the Garden or a Colosal Concert at the Coliseum? I was their when the Beetles made their invasion and this young lass has what it takes to rule the World. :blink:

Rocket
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM
First off, welcome to the site KC Kcrooner. :) As for Lily doing an American concert, that has been battered around since the day I joined this forum. To bad Alizee doesn't have us as her managers. If she did, she would be more popular than Obama. :p It really comes down to her. I'm sure if she wants to do one, it would happen.

C-4
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
First off, welcome to the site KC Kcrooner. :) As for Lily doing an American concert, that has been battered around since the day I joined this forum. To bad Alizee doesn't have us as her managers. If she did, she would be more popular than Obama. :p It really comes down to her. I'm sure if she wants to do one, it would happen.

+!
I'm totally familiar with Alizée, but that other person, obama, I don't know who he is, and I don't think very many other people really know who he is either. hehe:)

juzzzsss
03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
+!
I'm totally familiar with Alizée, but that other person, obama, I don't know who he is, and I don't think very many other people really know who he is either. hehe:)

He is the president of the United States ;)

LeFantôme
03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
It really comes down to her. I'm sure if she wants to do one, it would happen.

I completely agree. About a year ago there was some fairly reliable information that said she was planning a "world tour," which did include the United States (and keep in mind that she did go to Russia). Unfortunately there does seem to be a hiccup in that plan, so I wouldn't count on a tour soon, but I still think that it is well in the realm of possibility.

This article from an anti-Alizée tabloid magazine that comments on the prospect. The title of the article comes from a Joe Dassin song (L'Amerique): http://www.voici.fr/potins-people/les-potins-du-jour/alizee-ameeericaaaa-ameeericaaaa-214026

Rev
03-06-2009, 12:35 AM
+!

He is the president of the United States ;)

Actually, he is a drop-in.

Hi All Totaly new here but qwestion begs to be asked, will we ever see a concert in America? Maybe a small gig at the Garden or a Colosal Concert at the Coliseum? I was their when the Beetles made their invasion and this young lass has what it takes to rule the World. :blink:

Welcome. You may qualify as most senior member. We may see her here someday. Let's hope the album she is working on is a major hit. :)

LeFantôme
03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
We may see her here someday. Let's hope the album she is working on is a major hit. :)

:D
"C'est toujours bien fait d'espérer." -Martin, from Candide by Voltaire

johnnywash
03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm going for the title of oldest alizee fan. I saw the Beatles in 1967 on their second US tour at RFK Stadium in Washington D.C. ...If I live long enough, I hope to someday see Alizee come to this country... 64 on my next birthday

puffyrock2
03-09-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm going for the title of oldest alizee fan. I saw the Beatles in 1967 on their second US tour at RFK Stadium in Washington D.C. ...If I live long enough, I hope to someday see Alizee come to this country... 64 on my next birthday

Alizee certainly transcends age.....also, The Beatles performed their last concert in 1966, are you sure it wasn't then?:)

Rev
03-09-2009, 07:50 PM

Hi. Both of you are in the same time period, however KC may just have been visiting.

We all hope she comes to America. however, if she does, it will have to be by riding the wave of her 2nd new (4th) album. :)

Future Raptor Ace
03-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Im hoping she will come here for her next album, the stage is definitely set.
Though she definitely has an interest in American politics, culture, and people, I don't think she has an interest of being apart of American show business.

LeFantôme
03-13-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't think she has an interest of being apart of American show business.

Amen. How could anyone want to be part of American show business?

mavsluver41
03-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Amen. How could anyone want to be part of American show business?

LOL, I'm sure Alizée could explain to you exactly why one would not want to be a part of American show business ;).

KC Kcrooner
03-14-2009, 03:07 AM
HI KC here, hats off to the gent who saw the Beatles live, let me share my story. My 14 year old sister, who passed in 67, fell in love with Paul, so I witnessed what music can do to a heart at the early age of 5 years. We had a big party with all the local family and friends and watched them on TV on I believe their second vist to Mr Sullivan. Becky gave me a baseball card of Ringo and she was so excited to see the fab four land in America. This was my earliest and most treasured life memory of my sister.
I have loved music ever since and when my mother passed last month we had a playlist of 3 songs to play at the funeral, Let it Be, Yesterday and Long and Winding Road.
Not trying to have a pity party here but I discovered Alizee very recently and her music is helping me deal with things right now, She is blessed, loved and treasured.........

lefty12357
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah, why would Alizée want to be involved with the American music industry when the French music industry is working so well for her right now...:rolleyes::D

All kidding aside, (and I know I'm repeating myself again) but the music industry of the world is dominated by multinational corporations and I think there is less of a difference from country to country than people may think. I'm sure she feels safer and more comfortable in her own country (I know I would). But her career has been kept alive this last time around by the international music industry, namely Mexico. It's not something she can afford to be afraid of and ignore. Her continued success may indeed lie in the international realm. If she had been afraid of taking part in the Mexican music industry and decided not to go there, where would her career be now?

I would love nothing more than to see her successful in France again. But I think if an opportunity presents itself in the USA, she should at least consider it and not turn it down merely out of fear, (real or imagined).

Customer1
03-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I think if she can make it big in the US, but she is going to have to feature an artist that is popular like Justin Timberlake or Timberland. They helped Nelly Furtado awhile back and look at her now people know who she is.

Srbski-kralj
03-14-2009, 09:25 PM
I think if she can make it big in the US, but she is going to have to feature an artist that is popular like Justin Timberlake or Timberland. They helped Nelly Furtado awhile back and look at her now people know who she is.

i think your right Customer1, she even said that ahe likes the music that Justin is making and she said she would love to work with him. i think he could bring her look to the hearts of All us here in the States. Like lefty said, if oppertunity opens to her here in the States I think she should jump with both her feet. (My opinion anyway).

Future Raptor Ace
03-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Honestly, I don't want to see Alizee being "huge" (Like Britney or Madonna huge) here in the US. I want her to just be somewhat successful and give us a few concerts for each new album she makes. Honestly its only a matter of time before the American media gets a hold of Alizee, the clock is ticking even though it was unfortunately rewound due to the tragic events of September 11, 2001 and the french boycott following shortly after.

mal
03-17-2009, 12:23 AM
problem is likely licensing.
theres rca france and rca usa. I dont think they cross lines. which is why we have never heard of Alizee but for the internet. i sent messages and even a letter to rca usa asking them to sponser her. i asked that she be invited to lollapalooza in Chicago. theres many varied acts there. it would have been perfect.

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Quote from KC Kcrooner from Alizée in Aguascalientes, Mexico thread(http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4575&page=7):
The Question begs to be asked," How did she get so big in Mexico to begin with?" The saying goes that history repeats itself, just sometimes you have to go back to find the answer. Whether or not she is already known is not the point, we need to make her known.......we know her audience is waiting.
The town I live in is fairly small but no retailers carry Alizee cds, this would be the first effort, to establish a need from retailers to stock her cds. Anyone up for flooding some email inboxes? Refer to rule #2 above

Quote from jung_adore_ALIZEE from Alizée in Aguascalientes, Mexico thread (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4575&page=7):
^also try a in person visit to the store and give the manager or anyone I guess a CD or hers to listen to chances are that they will take it and play it for people that they think would be interested in buying the album ;)

local record stores are usually pretty open to their customers bringing them new music

Personally, what I did (and do) to guarantee that our best local record/CD store carries Gourmandises, Mes Courants Électriques... and most importantly Psychédélices is that I specifically ordered all three CD's from the store and paid in full. (Yes, it is pricey!) Then each time that there is an event where I need to pick up a gift for someone(birthdays, Christmas, etc.), if it is even half way appropriate, I buy/order more CD's.

Now they usually keep all three in stock. I'm probably going to do the same thing with regards to the En Concert DVD.

To further try to drive demand I've shown some of Lilly's work on access TV as well as play her music in mon Taxi. People love it!

My favorite question (which is also music to my ears) that I constantly receive is "Who (and/or what) is that?" I'm more than delighted to let 'em know!

(BONUS!! Unexpected side-effect! I've always been blessed with great customers that have generously tipped. Little Lilly even boosted my tips! How awesome is that?)

mavsluver41
03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Personally, what I did (and do) to guarantee that our best local record/CD store carries Gourmandises, Mes Courants Électriques... and most importantly Psychédélices is that I specifically ordered all three CD's from the store and paid in full. (Yes, it is pricey!) Then each time that there is an event where I need to pick up a gift for someone(birthdays, Christmas, etc.), if it is even half way appropriate, I buy/order more CD's.

Now they usually keep all three in stock. I'm probably going to do the same thing with regards to the En Concert DVD.

To further try to drive demand I've shown some of Lilly's work on access TV as well as play her music in mon Taxi. People love it!

My favorite question (which is also music to my ears) that I constantly receive is "Who (and/or what) is that?" I'm more than delighted to let 'em know!

(BONUS!! Unexpected side-effect! I've always been blessed with great customers that have generously tipped. Little Lilly even boosted my tips! How awesome is that?)

Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

I'm always introducing new people to Alizée. At my high school in my french class, as a part of the whole, "learning about French culture today" thing, I got everybody to sing to Mademoiselle Juliette. I think I got about half my class to like her stuff. We just need to move on to Moi Lolita and or J'en ai Marre, which are two songs that I suggested. Anybody who knows me knows Alizée, and I'm always encouraging them to check her music out.

Great works guys! It's been said a million times, but I think another mention is in order: Alizée fans are the best in the world :cool:. I like how each of us has our own little way of promoting Alizée. Here's my way: back in the early stages of my Lili craze, I drew several pictures of her with pencil. A poster with these seven pictures has hung in my room for five months now and anytime somebody comes to my house, they're pretty much guaranteed to see it (if they don't come into my room on their own, my parents insist upon their seeing my artwork. Embarrassing at times, but hey...). I know it doesn't do much to promote her music per se, but at least it piques the curiosity and a quick youtube search can do the rest :).

Shoepick
03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Mason City Iowa, been writing letters to the radio stations myself, hoping for the best..

Srbski-kralj
03-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Akron ohio, been giving cd's tp local record stores. Also emailing and phoning the radio stations. Had the La isla bonita played twice. Proud of that. :)

Ruroshen
03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Akron ohio, been giving cd's tp local record stores. Also emailing and phoning the radio stations. Had the La isla bonita played twice. Proud of that. :)

NOICE!! Well done, sir! :D

Hmm...now that we know they're Lili-friendly, perhaps we need to start emailing these guys en masse, see about getting this played on a regular basis? Just a thought... :p

Srbski-kralj
03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
NOICE!! Well done, sir! :D

Hmm...now that we know they're Lili-friendly, perhaps we need to start emailing these guys en masse, see about getting this played on a regular basis? Just a thought... :p

Thanks i have been doing that this whole spring break lol.

KC Kcrooner
03-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks i have been doing that this whole spring break lol.

Save those emails my friend Srbsji, would like to get an email program going where the members of Alizee America send a million emails in a month to record companies, record distributors and concert promoters world wide, hoping you might have an extra language to offer? We need 5 languages, English, Spanish, French, German and Russian. Enjoy your Spring Break qui?

Srbski-kralj
03-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Well language wise Im Serbian, but not sure if shes know there man.

KC Kcrooner
03-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Perfect, the more languages the better, do you know where in Russia she performed?

Weiss
03-20-2009, 01:56 AM
She performed in Moscow, but if she comes to U.S. I would think we should try and get her promoted near the west area of U.S. like L.A, Seattle or Texas because that is where most of the Mexicans are and she has a big Mexican fan base. I bet Mexicans here in the U.S. pay attention a lot of what goes on in Mexico. They probably know about Alizee.

Toc De Mac
04-02-2009, 07:28 PM
This isn't official promotion at all, but look what I found on the front page of the Music category of Youtube under Rising Videos ;):

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4732/234dal.png

:o

Roman
04-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Actually that's under Rising Music Playlists. For a while at least after the release of Psychdédélices Alizée was one of the top musical artists and actually top channels at YouTube as I recall. And that's her actual account I'm talking about. I guess her fans really liked her. I haven't looked at that in quite a while. Don't know what it says now.

Flashbang315
04-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Omaha Nebraska

Vista
04-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Another method to promote Alizee is to contact Latino radio stations in the USA, inform them that Alizee is very popular in Mexico and request they play Alizee music (provide links to Alizee videos and other media). One such owner of Latino radio stations in the USA is the Davidson Media Group (DMG) http://www.davidsonmediagroup.com/ . I am sure other Latino radio station owners exist, but I have not yet researched them.

Send requests to individual stations, as well as to corporate headquarters.

Weiss
04-15-2009, 08:31 AM
I just read this in Alizee's Wikipedia page. Just thought id let you guys know. I thought it was pretty great news. I think she is planning a U.S. concert tour soon in her tours right? That is what I heard from fans on Alizee-Forum when she was making her comeback. This is what Wikipedia says:

''More recently, she has been becoming just as popular in North America as she is in much of Europe; the latest concert tours together with earlier promotion leading to a very strong fan base in mainly The United States of America and in Mexico.''

I think what this means - '' the latest concert tours together with earlier promotion leading to a very strong fan base in mainly The United States of America and in Mexico.'' - doesnt mean she has a big fan base in the United States, but she will probably be working on it. Just mexico was first lol If it says it in her wikipedia page then it might happen.

Geech
04-15-2009, 09:08 AM
I just read this in Alizee's Wikipedia page. Just thought id let you guys know. I thought it was pretty great news. I think she is planning a U.S. concert tour soon in her tours right? That is what I heard from fans on Alizee-Forum when she was making her comeback. This is what Wikipedia says:

''More recently, she has been becoming just as popular in North America as she is in much of Europe; the latest concert tours together with earlier promotion leading to a very strong fan base in mainly The United States of America and in Mexico.''

I think what this means - '' the latest concert tours together with earlier promotion leading to a very strong fan base in mainly The United States of America and in Mexico.'' - doesnt mean she has a big fan base in the United States, but she will probably be working on it. Just mexico was first lol If it says it in her wikipedia page then it might happen.

I with that was the case but I'm not going to hold my breath for it :cool:

Alizee Mid-West
04-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I with that was the case but I'm not going to hold my breath for it :cool:

I'm sort of with you on that, Geech. I'm sure there is a growing fan base in the US. However, areas like New York, LA, etc. are more likely to have an Alizee concert before Michigan.

AceTone
04-17-2009, 01:14 AM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2640/e8b95e8edc7549b39534e97.jpg :p

Never get your hopes up from something that's on Wiki.
But concert or not, the thought of her on my TV screen is shocking enough. :wub:

LL Cool B
05-19-2009, 06:53 PM
So I am sitting at work looking forward to tonights viewing line up:

1. Baseball game, check
2. Alizee on Mexican soap opera, check
3. Dancing with the stars finale, check

Then it occurred to me. Wait a minute, We have a relatively unknown French actor on this show who has done extremely well. Why not a relatively unknown French singer? We all know she has a passion for dancing right? We all know how talented she is right? She would be perfect!

So I think one of our most creative members needs to put together a short compilation video of our little friend and get it in the hands of the ABC execs. Pronto! Before they cast this falls show.

Whadoya think?

mavsluver41
05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
So I am sitting at work looking forward to tonights viewing line up:

1. Baseball game, check
2. Alizee on Mexican soap opera, check
3. Dancing with the stars finale, check

Then it occurred to me. Wait a minute, We have a relatively unknown French actor on this show who has done extremely well. Why not a relatively unknown French singer? We all know she has a passion for dancing right? We all know how talented she is right? She would be perfect!

So I think one of our most creative members needs to put together a short compilation video of our little friend and get it in the hands of the ABC execs. Pronto! Before they cast this falls show.

Whadoya think?

Participants of DWTS are under constant media pressure and are expected to give interviews and interact with the press. I don't think Alizée would enjoy such intense media scrutiny, especially in an English-centric environment, when she is clearly not yet comfortable with her English speaking skills. Her joining the show would kind of like jumping into the ocean before knowing fully how to swim. Her introduction into the American market needs to be gradual, controlled, and steady - such a drastic move would not be beneficial in the long run, I think. My opinion anyway :).

LL Cool B
05-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Participants of DWTS are under constant media pressure and are expected to give interviews and interact with the press. I don't think Alizée would enjoy such intense media scrutiny, especially in an English-centric environment, when she is clearly not yet comfortable with her English speaking skills. Her joining the show would kind of like jumping into the ocean before knowing fully how to swim. Her introduction into the American market needs to be gradual, controlled, and steady - such a drastic move would not be beneficial in the long run, I think. My opinion anyway :).

Well Well Well Mavs. Your retort was well reasoned, articulated, and down right sensible. Damm You!
Let a guy dream man! Let him dream!

-B

Roman
05-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Not really. How about this. If she's going to do it, she should just do it. Gradual? Controlled? Who ever became celebrity that way? Who ever sold any "art" that way? In show biz you have to be good, work hard, and just go for it. Then again, what isn't like that?

wasabi622
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
what mavsluver said really makes sense, but then again, i think, in show biz especially, just sorta "jumping" out there tends to get things done.

but of course, it could start small, like.. i dunno, maybe she can make an apperance on American Idol? I don't watch that show, but i was just assuming that it was sort of simliar to Graines de Star. i mean, she can at least sing in english right?

Srbski-kralj
05-20-2009, 07:47 PM
She could but on the other hand i think American Idol is only for ammatures and not profeesionals. Just my 2 cents. But i do agree that sometime just jumping in does sometimes get things done, also sometimes its a total cylender misfire (pardon the auto machanic talk). She is talking it slow in my opinion and I thinks thats a great idea then just jumping in the water praying you know how to swim.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
She could but on the other hand i think American Idol is only for ammatures and not profeesionals.

I believe they mean a guest appearance ;)

Srbski-kralj
05-20-2009, 07:51 PM
ahhh ahahha yeah probably lol i feal stupid now.

lefty12357
05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
It's been mentioned many times in the past by Rocket and I (and others) that a good place for Alizée to appear might be as a musical guest on SNL, Letterman or Leno or any of the other late night shows. Yelle did the Carson Daly show and the audience seemed to really like her. And she sang in French!

The only thing I would say is if Alizée decides to do it, she better be very well rehearsed. In my opinion, her live singing is something she needs to spend more time working on and perfecting. As they say, you only get one chance to make a first impression.

BlackAnthem
07-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey! Can I bring something up? This won't work with the flyers and the posters. I will increase her fan basis...in New York. Look at Coldplay. They are a British band when Parachutes came out. But! Yellow, Trouble, and that other one were really good so America eventually adopted them and their music too. BECAUSE it was English. I think that is the impasse. You can't grow a fan basis of someone who you can't understand.

I would personally make a hundred demo CD's of her singing 'I'm Fed Up', 'Sound of Silence', etc. And put them in a box and leave it all around NY (since that is the one place!). Ok?

It's been mentioned many times in the past by Rocket and I (and others) that a good place for Alizée to appear might be as a musical guest on SNL, Letterman or Leno or any of the other late night shows. Yelle did the Carson Daly show and the audience seemed to really like her. And she sang in French!

YES. Now you just have to call SNL and arrange something for her. Good idea though.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-07-2009, 06:48 PM
You can't grow a fan basis of someone who you can't understand.

well just look at Rammstein, Yelle, and even T.A.T.U.;)

TheBarrett
07-07-2009, 08:51 PM
well just look at Rammstein, Yelle, and even T.A.T.U.;)

You could go even further with that you know, as in, "Lennä, laukkaa heposeni, lennä laukkaa hallavaharja. Kiiä halki kangasmaitten, murjo poikki pientareitten." :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-07-2009, 08:54 PM
kanna minnuu maailmalla, kulettele kuskiasi, näytä kaikki nähtävyyet, uuet maat ja uuet paikat.

people can be drawn to something just by the sound of it not just by the lyrics

wasabi622
07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
people can be drawn to something just by the sound of it not just by the lyrics

so fricken true. i don't know a word of french other than crossaint, so yea, it was definetly the sound of Alizees voice singing and such, not the lyrics that got me.

by the way, how are the t-shirts and hats coming along? i will not deny the fact that i am actually anticipating getting and wearing them. :D

TheBarrett
07-13-2009, 06:35 PM
so fricken true. i don't know a word of french other than crossaint, so yea, it was definetly the sound of Alizees voice singing and such, not the lyrics that got me.

by the way, how are the t-shirts and hats coming along? i will not deny the fact that i am actually anticipating getting and wearing them. :D

French lesson number one.
"Je t'aime"

Learn it, live it, love it, for when you meet Alizée, this is really the only thing you have to say to get your point across. :p

Speaking of shirts and fashions, whatever happened to me and Jung's Golden Gods of Lillywear thread? :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-13-2009, 07:50 PM

I still have all the designs so if you are interested let me know

I currently don't have anything made up for a hat

can always check out this thread http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3926 ;)

wasabi622
07-14-2009, 12:18 AM
French lesson number one.
"Je t'aime"

Learn it, live it, love it, for when you meet Alizée, this is really the only thing you have to say to get your point across. :p

what does that mean? :blink:

I still have all the designs so if you are interested let me know

I currently don't have anything made up for a hat

can always check out this thread http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3926 ;)

ohmahgoodness. you've all certianly put a lot of thought into this!
im excited to look through the entire thread(tomorrow, cuz i just got back from work... and i have PT tomorrow before work at 7)!!

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
07-14-2009, 05:29 AM
Denver, Colorado.

Fyrel
07-14-2009, 05:35 AM
what does that mean? :blink:

It means "I love you". :D

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-14-2009, 07:15 AM
It means "I love you". :D
you love Wasabi622 :eek:

Fyrel
07-14-2009, 08:05 AM
you love wasabi622 :eek:

This was all a clever ploy concocted by you and Barrett! I was framed damnit!

wasabi622
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM

don't be ashamed! its not a crime to love me. i am quite lovable, if i do say so myself. :p

Amigo!
07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow, there's a lot of love in this thread http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/smilies/brow.gif

http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

Srbski-kralj
07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Oh come on guys get a room get it done in 5 minutes and be good lol.

Fyrel
07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
don't be ashamed! its not a crime to love me. i am quite lovable, if i do say so myself. :p

I confess my love to Lilly and nobody else!:mad:

TheBarrett
07-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I confess my love to Lilly and nobody else!:mad:

You're so adorable when you're mad. Would you like a wooden dummy? :)

http://www.crcawingchun.co.uk/images/news/mook.jpg

wasabi622
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
hahahaaa, if it's Alizee, then all is good.

the solution to anything can be Alizee.
what came first, the chicken or the egg?
answer: Alizee.

see? all good. :p

You're so adorable when you're mad. Would you like a wooden dummy? :)

http://www.crcawingchun.co.uk/images/news/mook.jpg

you into martial arts there buddy?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
of course, but then again what isn't? ;)

TheBarrett
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
hahahaaa, if it's Alizee, then all is good.

the solution to anything can be Alizee.
what came first, the chicken or the egg?
answer: Alizee.

see? all good. :p

you into martial arts there buddy?

Well of course. :p
You may see just a bunch of us here yet. ;)

wasabi622
07-15-2009, 02:12 AM
what martial arts do you do?
i think that stick thingy is for kung fu or wushu right?

TheBarrett
07-15-2009, 02:16 AM
what martial arts do you do?
i think that stick thingy is for kung fu or wushu right?

Monkey KF, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, and starting Kyokushin. :p

wasabi622
07-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Monkey KF, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, and starting Kyokushin. :p

whoaaa! that's a lot of stuff you do there! i do taekwondo, and that's pretty much it. though, id like to learn some judo.

the way i see it, taekwondo is a very offensive martial art, with powerful kicks, but lacks grappling techniques. so taekwondo + judo = god mode. :p

TheBarrett
07-16-2009, 12:19 AM
whoaaa! that's a lot of stuff you do there! i do taekwondo, and that's pretty much it. though, id like to learn some judo.

the way i see it, taekwondo is a very offensive martial art, with powerful kicks, but lacks grappling techniques. so taekwondo + judo = god mode. :p

BJJ + Muay Thai is more lethal. Combine the use of nearly sixty-four offensive attacks with highly offensive grappling and that's enough to propel you in MMA.
I of course would prefer the more traditional Muay Boran over Muay Thai, considering Muay Boran is a much more lethal method that focuses a lot on striking to achieve long-term injuries and limb breaking and not the now-watered down version of it called Muay Thai. :p

Fyrel
07-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Maybe a martial arts topic is in order here.....;)

wasabi622
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
yea.. thats the thing about muy thai. you can't really practice it on people.. whereas for taekwondo, you can still practice, aka sparring, though what people fail to realize is that sparring is NOT fighting.

just because you're good and sparring doesn't mean that you know how to fight!

that, i think, is why so many people look down on taekwondo. too many people mistaken sparring for fighting, and they just plain. SUCK.

taekwondo is just as watered down as any other martial art.
i mean, too many people do it, and to keep the buisness flowing, masters give out belts like friggen candy on halloween.. so many people who are of a advanced belt color in taekwondo really do not deserve it.

and ben, yea, im with fyrel, can you like.. use your powers and move it to a off topic thread? ima sorry for starting this on the Alizee promotion in America thread. :p