PDA

View Full Version : Alizée Sings The Blues

lefty12357
08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, this is my last (I swear) experiment with Fifty Sixty. This one required me to do substantial pitch and time adjustments to Alizée’s vocal which was a problem. All the effects and voice layering in her a cappella vocal track caused distortion, artifacts and strange overtones which limited me to what I could do. I wish I had clean WAV files of her vocals like the official remix guys get, but you have to make do with what you have. Anyway, here’s the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?oriw3imim4u

I guess that makes 3 for me, my Fifty Sixty trilogy:) If you don’t have the other two, but would like to hear them, the download links are below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kiz4tmmgz1c

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxm1zx1zymd

Idéaliser
08-22-2008, 09:12 PM
OH MY GOD! This sounds SO awesome :eek: It wasn't ANYTHING what I was expecting, it was far better.

Though I don't like where it goes super fast :(

Other than that, I absolutely loved it :D

Maybe Lili should make her own blues song :wub:

Ben
08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
That's insane! :eek:

heyamigo
08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
wow i didn't know this can be done. it's crazy. well done too. great job!

mavsluver41
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I've been racking my brain for the past ten minutes for words that can adequately describe how unbelievably awesome this is. Couldn't put it in words, so a simple "nice job, I really enjoyed it" will have to do. Are you going to make a youtube video or anything to this, because I think it would be a big hit.

brad
08-22-2008, 10:58 PM
how the hell did you do that? lol

very cool

pepelepew
08-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Lefty that sounds great. I love the blues anyway and I think Alizee could definitely sing the blues especially after hearing your rendition. I have listened to your own music and you are a very talented musician and a great voice also. I agree that you should post on youtube.:p

TheBarrett
08-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Aww Lefty, you brought back my younger memories.

You know when I was 13, all I wanted to do was to go up to Alizée and sing Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Pride and Joy" to her. Oh my god, that dream has been rekindled! Serving it up Stevie Style!

You never cease to amaze me Mr. Lefty. :)

Maybe Lili should make her own blues song

+2112

Totally, I mean, gosh, all these rocker/metalhead/Alizée fan mashup fantasies are just being throttled upon me right now, I don't think I can handle the emotional nirvana i'll be in if she ever does anything remotely close to the blues. (sniff*)

pepelepew
08-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Aww Lefty, you brought back my younger memories.

You know when I was 13, all I wanted to do was to go up to Alizée and sing Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Pride and Joy" to her. Oh my god, that dream has been rekindled! Serving it up Stevie Style!

You never cease to amaze me Mr. Lefty. :)

+2112

Totally, I mean, gosh, all these rocker/metalhead/Alizée fan mashup fantasies are just being throttled upon me right now, I don't think I can handle the emotional nirvana i'll be in if she ever does anything remotely close to the blues. (sniff*)Now your cooking with gas!

Piblokto
08-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Incroyable !
Try to find a way to send her this remix. She's got to listen to it !

lilly
08-23-2008, 05:37 AM
wow lefty!! Can I know what you used to make this remix!?:confused:

Tomtentp
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
wow i didn't know this can be done. it's crazy. well done too. great job!

He said it.

Incroyable !
Try to find a way to send her this remix. She's got to listen to it !

Couldn't agree more.

How the hell did you do it? It's amazing!
I will treat this one as an official remake.

lefty12357
08-23-2008, 11:05 AM
wow lefty!! Can I know what you used to make this remix!?:confused:

I used Sonar 7 Producers Edition software. It's what I use to do all my recording and is the heart of my home studio. Here's a screen shot of the track view of this particular song.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/th_screenshot.jpg (http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/screenshot.jpg)

I started out by writing a rather standard blues song that would match close enough to Fifty Sixty in certain structural ways. I then recorded each part one at a time, putting in the piano, organ, drums, guitars etc. I never use prerecorded loops because, as a musician, it's important to me that I write and play everything myself.

Once the music was complete, I took Alizée's a cappella vocal that I downloaded from Myspace, and cut it into separate clips for verses, chorus, etc. and imported them into the appropriate locations in the song. Using the tools in Sonar, I shifted the time and pitch of her vocal to match the melody and timing of the song. Voila! Alizée Sings The Blues! I only wish I had a clean version of her vocal to work with. It would have been much better.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Toc De Mac
08-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Fricking amazing originality. I wouldn't have thought it possible.

PLEASE send it to Alizée!

tbailey
08-23-2008, 07:18 PM
wow!

is that software professionals use?

that's a really great song - easily one of the best if not the best Alizee remixes i've heard

Nicolas
08-23-2008, 08:36 PM
WTF!!!! You're the alchemist of the remakes man!! Great Job!! Thanks god I'm back at time to see this!!!

Ruroshen
08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Wow.

Holy crap, sir. This is genius! The first two were great--I would even call the first one spectacular, enough that it gets played more often on my iPod than the official remixes, and I never get tired of hearing it--but this version is positively transcendent.

I genuinely hope she hears this, and it makes her and Jeremy think about what they could do with the next album...because, wow...

Chommpers
08-24-2008, 01:00 AM
This is a great remix, I am usually not to big a fan of them, there are very few I like, but this one is really cool, pretty unique to the typical techno like sound most remixes turn out to be.

RadioactiveMan
08-24-2008, 01:44 AM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3871/leftyse9.jpg

lefty12357
08-24-2008, 12:27 PM
I always work hard on my music, but hard work doesn’t necessarily guarantee that people will like it. I don’t know, but for some reason I thought this would be one of those songs that wouldn’t be liked. So I was a bit surprised by the reactions to this song. I sat on it for over a week trying to decide whether to post it here or just delete it. I guess I’m a poor judge of such things and I’m glad I resurrected it from the recycling bin. When you’ve been inside a song for so long it’s hard to know what it looks like from the outside.

As far as Alizée goes, I hope she does hear it someday, but there is a distinct possibility she might not like any of my music and I have resigned myself to accepting that possibility up front. When you look at what she says she likes to listen to, it doesn’t resemble too much the kind of stuff I do. Hopefully, if she hears it, she will at least appreciate my hard work and good intentions.

Thanks again, everyone ! :)

Tomtentp
08-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I always work hard on my music, but hard work doesn’t necessarily guarantee that people will like it. I don’t know, but for some reason I thought this would be one of those songs that wouldn’t be liked. So I was a bit surprised by the reactions to this song. I sat on it for over a week trying to decide whether to post it here or just delete it. I guess I’m a poor judge of such things and I’m glad I resurrected it from the recycling bin. When you’ve been inside a song for so long it’s hard to know what it looks like from the outside.

As far as Alizée goes, I hope she does hear it someday, but there is a distinct possibility she might not like any of my music and I have resigned myself to accepting that possibility up front. When you look at what she says she likes to listen to, it doesn’t resemble too much the kind of stuff I do. Hopefully, if she hears it, she will at least appreciate my hard work and good intentions.

Thanks again, everyone ! :)

That's why you should always show your work to close friends or relatives to get their opinions, whatever it is your doing, may it be music or otherwise. There is no escaping getting locked up inside your own brain if you do not share it with others, i've learned that the hard way. For what you 'think' is good constantly change due to the reactions of others, humans are made to adapt.

About her music taste i don't think she will be ignorant enough to miss that this is a really good song, even thou she might not like this particular music style. Im very sure that if she ever got to listen to this she would be delighted.

Tiwaz
08-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Yes, this is very good indeed. I really like the sound of the chorus. Most things have already been said so, good work!

Maybe an organized mass-posting on her myspace including link to the mp3 and a demand that she should put it up in the playlist could work ^^

lefty12357
08-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Maybe an organized mass-posting on her myspace including link to the mp3 and a demand that she should put it up in the playlist could work ^^

Thank you and I appreciate it but please don’t do that. I don’t want to spam her. There's already enough people doing that. She has access to it if she wants to hear it and that's more than good enough for me.

MonteCristo
08-25-2008, 03:29 AM
o.O impressive.....but this version made me uncomfortable....dunno why, but the style just sounded really distorted.
great job on making it...well...blues-ish?

alizee lover
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Its preety cool:D

Kaptain Kurse
08-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Great work.:D

I really hope Lili get's to hear it. I would love to know what she thinks of it.

mavsluver41
08-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for posting the video for the song on youtube, great choice of pictures:) . 5 star rating + fave from me.

edit: what the hell? My acount is glitching like crazy, I can't fave, rate, or delete any videos. Screw you, Youtube.

lefty12357
08-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for posting the video for the song on youtube, great choice of pictures:) . 5 star rating + fave from me.

Thanks. As you can see I took your advice :)

Bud
09-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow dude these are so dam good. Love em, I'm so glad I know how to add them to my iPod.

Ali
09-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Very nice job! You have your own personal studio or something? Very professional. Keep up the good work.

ImRawdg
09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow...if Alizee heard this I have no doubt in my mind she would use it on her Myspace. Though spam would be one of the only ways to make her see it, I still wish she could.

I am almost done with my version of Lilly Town, and now after hearing this I feel like a failure... By the way, the vocal melody is going to be very hard to emulate on a keyboard, I'll do my best. And I really need to learn how to play guitar.

But great job Lefty, you put all remixes to shame.

Sir Wood
09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
At first it sort of remined me of Alannah Myles' "Black Velvet" until I Googled that song. :) Good job, but I still like your second version best and then this one! :D

I wonder how many great works there could have been had the artist chosen to release their work rather than question it with self-criticism.

Vicki
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Interesting. I like this better than the official remixes.

TheBarrett
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
The official remixes are done by the same style.

DJ made, trance, techno, and all that stereotypical remix crud.

The reason why this is so adored (by many and I), is because it's progressive, it ventures into new territory, something Alizée has not touched yet. But with this we can get a vague yet clear taste of what she's like when she's breaking it down ZZStyle. :D