PDA

View Full Version : Lilly Town New York Times Square Video!

Ben
08-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Some of you may have already seen this in the birthday thread, but I'm experimenting with export options to make it higher quality.

A download should be coming soon.

300 Cards
40 CDs
15 Posters
3 People
2 Days

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2svRV1_xDeg&ap=%2526fmt%3D6"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2svRV1_xDeg&ap=%2526fmt%3D6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

brad
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
i don't know if it is just me, but I can never get to the ltny hitart website. it acts like the page is just refreshing before it can load.

Ben
08-22-2008, 09:02 PM
i don't know if it is just me, but I can never get to the ltny hitart website. it acts like the page is just refreshing before it can load.
It started doing that for me yesterday:

Anyone else having trouble following Facebook links if you are not logged in to that site? They're not loading for me, and this is bad from the ltny.hitart.com url which re-directes to http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20068533020. :confused:

brad
08-22-2008, 09:06 PM
how are you doing the redirect? if you aren't redirecting the domain from the registrar might just want to make an htaccess file instead of doing meta refresh (if thats what you are doing)

Ben
08-22-2008, 09:10 PM
how are you doing the redirect? if you aren't redirecting the domain from the registrar might just want to make an htaccess file instead of doing meta refresh (if thats what you are doing)
It's not the redirect that isn't working, it's the actual Facebook link. Try it without using ltny.hitart.com, for example, or try looking at any Facebook group while not signed in for that matter. Logging in fixes the problem in all cases, including the redirect, though. I hope Facebook hasn't made their groups private, as that would make outside promotion much harder.

Edcognito
08-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Nice job there guys! :)

Gotta love NY

Ed:cool:

CFHollister
08-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Excellent job Ben!... Just Fantastic :cool:

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Cool stuff guys. Way to get the word out. I think I'll do the same when I start class on Monday.

JCC
08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
NICE!! Where can i get some LiLi Stuff to hand out? I work in Santa Monica, CA.....a few min away from Venice Beach. People in my general area are pretty open minded. A few well placed mini posters, postcards, or even CDs might help get the word out.

You know what, I actually heard someone drive by the other day playing ACC in there car when i was hanging out @starbucks!!! That was pretty cool. Speaking of which, ya'll ever thought about getting your local starbucks to display/sell Alizee CDs? They have an INDY music line of CDs onsale at most Starbucks Coffee Shops here....a few of them are foreign artists! :D

The possiblilties!!! :)

mavsluver41
08-23-2008, 12:21 AM
NICE!! Where can i get some LiLi Stuff to hand out? I work in Santa Monica, CA.....a few min away from Venice Beach. People in my general area are pretty open minded. A few well placed mini posters, postcards, or even CDs might help get the word out.

I was there a weeks ago for camp and there are tons of guys on the street handing out CDs, trying to get people to listen to their favorite tunes. And many of the CDs were of foreign singers (at least three guys with Jamaican music approached me). So yeah, I think this would be a great place to spread the Word of Lili.

Ben
08-23-2008, 12:24 AM
NICE!! Where can i get some LiLi Stuff to hand out?
Everything we handed out, I made by hand. Details of which are in the other thread, http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=4010.

TheBarrett
08-23-2008, 01:41 AM

You know what, I actually heard someone drive by the other day playing ACC in there car when i was hanging out @starbucks!!! That was pretty cool. Speaking of which, ya'll ever thought about getting your local starbucks to display/sell Alizee CDs? They have an INDY music line of CDs onsale at most Starbucks Coffee Shops here....a few of them are foreign artists! :D

The possiblilties!!! :)

No way!
Venice Beach is like! One of the GREATEST places on earth!!!
I'm a mindful Brit but if there's any place not in Europe that I would love to live in, it's Venice Beach!

Seriously, the people are great, skateboarders living it up, musicians playing for fun on the streets, medical marijuana stores at every corner, artists painting beauty!
Yeah we're going to have to get a California group together and definitely hit up LA and Venice Beach, that's perfect!

pepelepew
08-23-2008, 02:14 AM
No way!
Venice Beach is like! One of the GREATEST places on earth!!!
I'm a mindful Brit but if there's any place not in Europe that I would love to live in, it's Venice Beach!

Seriously, the people are great, skateboarders living it up, musicians playing for fun on the streets, medical marijuana stores at every corner, artists painting beauty!
Yeah we're going to have to get a California group together and definitely hit up LA and Venice Beach, that's perfect!I think I'm sensing some ulterior motives Mr. Barrett. You know it causes shortterm memory loss and with all of those other distractions on the beach you could just forget the task at hand. On the other hand it could be therapeutic to have a mini Alizee break. :D No way dude!

pepelepew
08-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Some of you may have already seen this in the birthday thread, but I'm experimenting with export options to make it higher quality.

A download should be coming soon.

300 Cards
40 CDs
15 Posters
3 People
2 Days

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2svRV1_xDeg&ap=%2526fmt%3D6"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2svRV1_xDeg&ap=%2526fmt%3D6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>I did comment on the video responses. I just want to say congratulations. You guys did great. I hope Alizee get's to see this video. It would definitely get her attention and make her proud.:p

wmedia
08-23-2008, 05:12 AM
It started doing that for me yesterday:

In Internet Explorer 6, the refresh go in som kind of loop, white screen, an click-click-click-click-click-click...:eek:

I suggest you make a myspace or youtube page insted. ;)

TheBarrett
08-23-2008, 05:14 AM
In Internet Explorer 6, the refresh go in som kind of loop, white screen, an click-click-click-click-click-click...:eek:

I suggest you make a myspace or youtube page insted. ;)

He has them. :D

Ben
08-23-2008, 05:28 AM
I hope Facebook fixes this. In the meantime, I'll set the redirect to here...

Nikita
08-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Great video, great idea.
Good work guys! :)

And I dig the girl in the ending.
I am so going to do the same thing next time I see someone filming on the streets. xD

Future Raptor Ace
08-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Great video so far Snatcher; I really had fun doing this with you and Ramon. I wasn't able to see the whole video though because the wireless Internet here is so *************** slow. Once I get my ethernet cable in today ill be able to see the whole thing which I look forward to.

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Anyone else here in & around Birmingham UK? I wanna do a similar thing on Monday......

Future Raptor Ace
08-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Finaly got to see the whole video. I loved it; nce work Snatcher.

Tchaikovsky
08-23-2008, 06:32 PM
I trust the operation was a success.

Btw what was on those little cards you guys were placing?

Idéaliser
08-23-2008, 06:51 PM
I loved this idea and video. I'm sure Lili will be pleasantly surprised when she finds that you guys did this for her :P

Nicolas
08-23-2008, 08:40 PM
You guys are f*ck$ng amazing!! I loved your job man!!

Ruroshen
08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
You guys are f*ck$ng amazing!! I loved your job man!!

Indeed. You guys do, in fact, rock the casbah. Loved the shots of you strategically placing cards in Virgin (and FRA placing them randomly around the McDonalds). And the shot of the curious guy picking the card up off the bus stop right after FRA placed it there...

Let me know the next time you decide to attempt something like this--though I'm clearly not in the neighbourhood and won't be much help with distribution, it occurs to me that I might be able to help with supplying materials, or whatever.

Future Raptor Ace
08-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Indeed. You guys do, in fact, rock the casbah. Loved the shots of you strategically placing cards in Virgin (and FRA placing them randomly around the McDonalds). And the shot of the curious guy picking the card up off the bus stop right after FRA placed it there...

Let me know the next time you decide to attempt something like this--though I'm clearly not in the neighbourhood and won't be much help with distribution, it occurs to me that I might be able to help with supplying materials, or whatever.
haha yeah the McDonald's one was funny. The 2nd time you see me waking to place the cards in McDonald's this worker stops me (speaks little English) and asks me If i'm looking for BQ sauce. Im like " I need salt and just randomly take salt back to are table with the guy wondering wtf was wrong with me. All and all didn't get to place the cards in the other napkin holders. Also the guy who picked up my card stared at for a while; it was funny. I don't know if you guys noticed but I placed one on the church of Scientology; that gave us a good laugh.
I trust the operation was a success.

Btw what was on those little cards you guys were placing?
links to the LTNY facebook
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 112825" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125></TD><TD class=alt1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Chommpers
08-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Really cool video guys, seems like a lot of fun. I wish I could do stuff like this but I am way to far away from New York to make it reasonable.