PDA

View Full Version : beggars can't be choosers

HibyPrime
09-19-2006, 09:58 PM
So now that I'm listening to an abundance of french music, I'm finding it harder and harder to find the songs I'm looking for on limewire/BT.

Downloading music is fine for any mainstream, north-american genre, but international music does not fall into that catagory. The little bits of music I am able to find are all below CD quality music. Most of the songs are encoded at 128kbps or higher, but they are most definatley NOT cd quality - people seem to get a kick of encoding low-quality files at high bitrates... And no, it's not my speakers.

After going through iTunes and figuring out how much it would cost to get all of the music I want, I came to a figure of ~$200 (178 USD). This is downloaded from iTunes, not the discs themselves.

I'm at a loss of what I should do here, paying for MP3's just seems stupid, but to buy the physical discs would cost ~$400 (356 USD...)

Do I wait until the extra money is there (should be ~2 years) to buy the discs? By that point the price would have raised to ~$1000... Thats a large cash outlay all at once. Not to mention the time spent ripping the discs to MP3 format.

And ideas? I miss the days when there were hundreds of listings for the songs I was looking for...

General Patton
09-19-2006, 10:02 PM
So now that I'm listening to an abundance of french music, I'm finding it harder and harder to find the songs I'm looking for on limewire/BT.

Downloading music is fine for any mainstream, north-american genre, but international music does not fall into that catagory. The little bits of music I am able to find are all below CD quality music. Most of the songs are encoded at 128kbps or higher, but they are most definatley NOT cd quality - people seem to get a kick of encoding low-quality files at high bitrates... And no, it's not my speakers.

After going through iTunes and figuring out how much it would cost to get all of the music I want, I came to a figure of ~$200 (178 USD). This is downloaded from iTunes, not the discs themselves.

I'm at a loss of what I should do here, paying for MP3's just seems stupid, but to buy the physical discs would cost ~$400 (356 USD...)

Do I wait until the extra money is there (should be ~2 years) to buy the discs? By that point the price would have raised to ~$1000... Thats a large cash outlay all at once. Not to mention the time spent ripping the discs to MP3 format.

And ideas? I miss the days when there were hundreds of listings for the songs I was looking for...

Try to get Brad or someone on the site to post all the downloads you need OR you can just look on the internet for them. OR maybe we can get moe to allow us to download his remixes.

HibyPrime
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Anyway.. back on topic: need some advice here

Urb4n
09-20-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm at a loss of what I should do here, paying for MP3's just seems stupid

I just have to ask "why?" You're paying for the same music minus the hastle of storing, organizing, and carrying around CD's and aren't paying for the music+CD, just the music. If you really want all of that music at that quality, thats about as good as its going to get.