PDA

View Full Version : Lilly Town, I'mRawdg Version

ImRawdg
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey guys. My new song is finally done. Lilly Town appears to be a bit more accessible too.

This remake mainly showcases the bassline and my shiny new drum mics. This is a big step up from my early songs as far as production quality and, well, I just think it is a big step up from anything I've ever done. I really like how this one turned out.

A few people have complained of the low volume in my recordings. Sorry, my program can't bring it up any higher without clipping. This one, after putting it into WM Player, sounds a little louder than the earlier ones.

And forgive me for the poor reproduction of the vocal melody, speaking doesn't exactly translate to a keyboard very well. If anyone knows where I could find an acapella version similar to the Fifty Sixty one, I would just use that.

Boy, do I need to learn how to play guitar.

Enjoy!

Lilly Town (I'mRawdg Version) (http://www.mediafire.com/?dtlmkylnuk2)

Idéaliser
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Ooo, this sounds promising :) If it's anything like your others it should be really good, keep up the good work!

By the way, have you had a crack at "Décollage" yet?

woohoo
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
This song is really good. Also could you post the bass tabs here I want to play this song.

mavsluver41
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
For sure your best work to date (funny how I think that for every new song you share). It just goes to show that you are improving your recording, composing, and executing by leaps and bounds each time. I can't comment on your guitar skills due to lack of knowledge/experience, but, man, you're keyboard playing is wicked. I especially loved the chorus and its clean, smooth sound.

By the way, have you had a crack at "Décollage" yet?

I don't know if its really possible to make a voiceless "Decollage" because its really the inflection and energy in her voice that makes the song work. I guess the chorus could be cool, but other than that its mostly clapping and percussion. I'm not a musician though, I could be flawed in my opinion :) .

Anyway, I love your stuff, man, I look forward to the next one which should blow this one out of the water (It's your fault, you set the bar pretty high :p ).

Paulina
09-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Really nice. I can imagine it being played as Alizée makes an appearance on a show or event. :)

Tchaikovsky
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I like it! :D

Chommpers
09-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Man the keyboard in this is great, blew me away at the start of the song, I was like "wow thats good, this is cool." I would love to hear the lyrics added to this, that would be really awesome.

heyamigo
09-08-2008, 03:18 AM
Man the keyboard in this is great, blew me away at the start of the song, I was like "wow thats good, this is cool." I would love to hear the lyrics added to this, that would be really awesome.

maybe we should get amelie to sing to these instrumentals. :D

it might just be me, but the piano/synth or whatever it is sounds a bit too faint at times (not the intro though). the high range is too drowned out by low range? sorry i don't know much about this stuff.

have you listened to BlueDM's piano instrumental of lilly town? maybe i'm comparing too much to that one.

Chommpers
09-08-2008, 03:36 AM
maybe we should get amelie to sing to these instrumentals. :D

Now Your talkin, I like the way you think. ;)

Tomtentp
09-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Really nice, everything, great improvement!
I like the bassline and the intensive drums in particular, maybe because they make the leap from to original that makes your version special. I like the 'lazy' sound from the keyboard aswell, it creates this layback sound and makes up for the lack of vocals.

Happy to hear you know your making progress yourself, many music producers never get satisfied with thier own work and tend to become 'blind'.

Keep em comin'

lefty12357
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Great job, ImRawdg ! I really like it. It makes me think of cruising down the St. Croix River on a pontoon boat on a hot, lazy summer's day sipping a Tanqueray & tonic. I have no idea why that image popped into my head, but it did... I like music that triggers the mind to create images like that.

ImRawdg
09-09-2008, 12:13 AM
have you listened to BlueDM's piano instrumental of lilly town? maybe i'm comparing too much to that one.

I haven't heard that. Can you get me a link?

And once again, I am asking if anyone knows if there is a lyrics-only version of this song?

Finally, Lefty, I don't know how and/or I am too lazy to make a Youtube video to insert this into. I have seen that you have some, would you mind making one for me?

heyamigo
09-09-2008, 12:32 AM
I haven't heard that. Can you get me a link?

And once again, I am asking if anyone knows if there is a lyrics-only version of this song?

Finally, Lefty, I don't know how and/or I am too lazy to make a Youtube video to insert this into. I have seen that you have some, would you mind making one for me?

here you go.

and i'll be uploading the whole set of BluesDM piano instrumentals if others are interested.