PDA

View Full Version : Looks great!

JCC
09-17-2008, 09:56 AM
LOVE the new look!...w/the Alizee signature at the top and the different color scheme. Is there any way to do this to ALL the pages!??...i.e., Videos, Homepage, Gallery, etc?

Or is this look just for the Forums? :D

RadioactiveMan
09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/1173277998-1169281489408495.jpg

C-4
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Fantastic new looks to the forum! My congradulations to those involved and talented enough to do this type of work.
Any idea when the videos will be back up?

brad
09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
LOVE the new look!...w/the Alizee signature at the top and the different color scheme. Is there any way to do this to ALL the pages!??...i.e., Videos, Homepage, Gallery, etc?

Or is this look just for the Forums? :D

I have had the forum part of this done for some time now. I was waiting to change everything over when I had the rest of the site done, but things came up and I haven't had time to do it yet. I will be changing the rest of the site to match as soon as I can, hopefully by this weekend.

The videos should be back online by tomorrow, thanks to generous donations from lefty120, snatcher, and heyamigo. I can't thank you guys enough!

Youpidou1
09-17-2008, 11:57 AM
AA undergoing changes? Lol sarcasm. Looks good so far.

Jeff
09-17-2008, 01:07 PM
wow this looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!

vercingetorix
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah this is like futuristic awesome...Like starship troopers awesome...:D

Toc De Mac
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I love, love, LOVE the signature at the very top of the page! :D

dreamer
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Great work, I very much like this new look. Thanks!:)

nurvonic
09-17-2008, 03:52 PM
looks freaking outstanding. you are so money brad.

Idéaliser
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I love the new forum skin. I logged in just now and was like...whoa...why's this forum look so much cooler?!?! xD Nice job whoever did it :D

(Je pense que c'était Brad? :p)

Tomtentp
09-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Hmm, i think it's messed up for me. There are no pictures no where and it seems that many icons and graphics have been stripped, there are no 'new thread' button for example.

Everything is just black :(

EDIT: Ok it works with IE, i guess the problem is client sided then ;)

Just a Guest
09-17-2008, 04:41 PM
It looks nice and clean. Great.
Although still functional, the iSpy button is gone.
The videos should be back online by tomorrow, thanks to generous donations from lefty120, snatcher, and heyamigo. I can't thank you guys enough!
Good reason to bring the donation button back too. :D

Ben
09-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Glad you guys like the new theme... been testing it for awhile... and finally decided to give Brad a little kick in the butt about finishing it yesterday so that the notice at the top of the page would display. ;)

Tchaikovsky
09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Love the new look :) When I entered the forums i was all "wtf mate ^^" :D

Chommpers
09-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow really like the new look, I remember at one time there was talking about changing it and almost everyone was against it (even myself), but this looks outstanding. It looks really sleek and nice, bravo. Is it running faster for anyone else or is it just me? It's like lightning for me now, using Safari.

heyamigo
09-17-2008, 06:46 PM
cool, but was the "donate" link removed on purpose?

TheBarrett
09-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Spiffy. :)

Future Raptor Ace
09-17-2008, 07:13 PM
wow I love the changes

Amigo!
09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
That sig up there looks familiar :D

mavsluver41
09-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Supercool, dude. Although, this site has been such a steady part of my life for several months now, it'll take some getting used to. And the "iSpy" button will be back right? I don't know if I'll survive without it :p.

Ben
09-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Until the buttons are back, you can still get to the forum spy and donate pages using these links:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/vaispy.php
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/billspaypal.php

brad
09-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Hmm, i think it's messed up for me. There are no pictures no where and it seems that many icons and graphics have been stripped, there are no 'new thread' button for example.

Everything is just black :(

EDIT: Ok it works with IE, i guess the problem is client sided then ;)

What browser was it not working in? I tested in IE / FF / Safari. Haven't tested it in Chrome yet, but it should be fine there too, it uses the same rendering engine that Safari uses.

Idéaliser
09-17-2008, 08:57 PM
What browser was it not working in? I tested in IE / FF / Safari. Haven't tested it in Chrome yet, but it should be fine there too, it uses the same rendering engine that Safari uses.

I'm using Chrome, and, in my opinion, it looks a lot better than IE/FF :D It's working fine.

woohoo
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
AHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! we been taken over be A team of international super ninjas
RUN!!!

Ruroshen
09-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Wow, slick! Very nicely done, Brad. The forum looks great with the upgrades. Can't wait to see what the rest of the site is going to look like also!

I'm glad to hear that the iSpy functionality hasn't gone away, either. Like mav said, I don't think I could live without it--I had a real 'aw, man!' moment when I didn't see a button for it on the new layout. It's really handy, and I'm constantly wishing that more forums had it.

JCC
09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Wow really like the new look, I remember at one time there was talking about changing it and almost everyone was against it (even myself), but this looks outstanding. It looks really sleek and nice, bravo. Is it running faster for anyone else or is it just me? It's like lightning for me now, using Safari.

It looks just amazin!! The Alizee America sig @the top gives this site a personal flair..as if Alizee herself autographed our site..hehe :D:D

And ya, it is running abit faster now...loads quicker. All we need now is to have the videos up and running again! :o

marik
09-18-2008, 03:58 AM
yep looks cool

French Fan
09-18-2008, 07:11 AM
OMG it's been a long time I didn't come here and what a surprise with the new look/interface of the site :eek:
The breaking news above the forum and the new look of the site is nice!
Good work Brad, it's a great change and not the big change where we would be lost with the new category or menu ;)

Tomtentp
09-18-2008, 02:38 PM

Im using Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 and im missing out on seemingly all the graphical objects including pictures, youtube embeddments, buttons etc.

It's the most recent version and i have tried dumping all cookies and cache and cleaning with cCleaner.

Anyone eles using FF?

Here are some Screenies.
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/tomtentp/Error%20FF/Thread.jpg
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/tomtentp/Error%20FF/home.jpg

TheBarrett
09-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Strange, my other laptop uses Firefox and it shows the avatars and embeds just fine.

Tchaikovsky
09-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Yep I'm using Firefox 3.0.1 and I'm not experiencing any problems. WEEEEIRD

lefty12357
09-18-2008, 06:03 PM
I really like the new look, and I haven't had any problems with it. Love the Alizée signature at the top !

AceTone
09-19-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't know why I never registered here, but I did, just to mention that the new look is great and glad that you kept the red/black theme. Great work.

Ben
09-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Welcome AceTone, it's good to finally see you here!

What do you all think of splitting the forum into two sections, Alizée and Other Subjects? That and the MTV notice were my doing, and can be undone if you guys don't approve.

Amigo!
09-19-2008, 01:21 AM

What do you all think of splitting the forum into two sections, Alizée and Other Subjects? That and the MTV notice were my doing, and can be undone if you guys don't approve.

Other subjects AND everything else... yes I noticed the change :D

But it's nice, I like :)

Keep the breaking news section, it's important! ;)

TheBarrett
09-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Eh, I hardly care, they're nice additions anyway.
As an adaptable being, I am immune to the pains of change.
Unless of course you add some bling and make this website very reminiscent of rap artists and such. :D

Anywho, spiffy yet again!

heyamigo
09-19-2008, 03:00 AM
hey ace, nice to see you here.

Just a Guest
09-19-2008, 07:19 AM
I would like to see some more strict rules for signatures.

It is really getting out of control with some people here and makes reading sometimes a very unpleasant thing. :(
Seeing almost a whole screen filled with a one-liner as reply is ridiculous.

So: Only 1(!) picture as a signature (with a maximal height/width)
and max. 2 lines extra text/links.

Now it looks like a fleemarket... :)

Just a thought. ;)

heyamigo
09-19-2008, 07:58 AM
just turn off sig display, which is what i did a while back. it got out of hand long time ago, as you say it's pretty annoying when 90% of the page is filled with sigs and only the rest is the actual reply.

Just a Guest
09-19-2008, 08:12 AM
just turn off sig display, which is what i did a while back. it got out of hand long time ago, as you say it's pretty annoying when 90% of the page is filled with sigs and only the rest is the actual reply.
Agreed, but then you have to be logged in.
I'm probably not just speaking for myself (and you too actually) but also for the "innocent" reader and guests who are also not logged in.
Try to read with a PDA for instance... :(

Like I said: It looks like a cheap fleamarket, and the sig. where it was meant to be for, is a bag of garbage now and then. :)

Most forums have strict rules about this.

lilly
09-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Daaamn!!! I go off for about a week and you guys have turned the place upside down! Love the new look! Damn college is eating too much of my time! Thanks for the new look, Brad!

alizee lover
09-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Yeah its very cool how you do it:confused:

vercingetorix
09-19-2008, 06:46 PM

I don't care it looks great...Two sections,one section it's all good...I pretty much agree no rap on this sight blinging...

AceTone
09-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Well, one thing that sets this forum's appearance apart from others is that there is no left column for avatars. And since the margins are widened, which is a good thing I might add (especially for images), how would you guys feel about getting the default font size increased? This is weird coming from a guy who writes small.

It's not a big deal, but just putting it out there. :)

Sir Wood
09-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Wow, very nice site update yet you managed to keep the color scheme which I feared you would have changed. Congrats to those who worked on this. And I love that handwritten Alizée America! :wub:

brad
09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Well, one thing that sets this forum's appearance apart from others is that there is no left column for avatars. And since the margins are widened, which is a good thing I might add (especially for images), how would you guys feel about getting the default font size increased? This is weird coming from a guy who writes small.

It's not a big deal, but just putting it out there. :)

I actually made the default font size smaller, don't ask me why. I just thought it looked better that way I guess. I think it makes the threads look 'neater'.

NeverMore
09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Looks great, a welcomed change

AceTone
09-24-2008, 02:40 AM
I actually made the default font size smaller, don't ask me why. I just thought it looked better that way I guess. I think it makes the threads look 'neater'.

Alrighty then. I didn't notice the font is actually smaller, but it does make it neater. I'm for neat, I guess. :)

Sir Wood
09-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Brad, anyway to change the shadow outline color when selecting Multi-Quote? It's too subtle of a change in it's current implementation. Unless it's just me. :blink:

Just a Guest
10-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Since the site is pimped the viewcount of the threads are not updated.
Threads since the update shows the amount of replies + 1.
In the spy-mode new threads always shows a view count of 0.

Big deal eh? :p

Brad, anyway to change the shadow outline color when selecting Multi-Quote? It's too subtle of a change in it's current implementation. Unless it's just me. :blink:
Agreed on that. ;)

Amigo!
12-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Soooooooo Cool!

Why didn't we do anything like this?! :p

http://www.alizee-mexico.com.mx/foros/index.php

TheBarrett
12-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Soooooooo Cool!

MM of LTUSA is actually getting that set up and ready to use a certain week before Christmas. (Or so he says. :p)

edgar93
12-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Soooooooo Cool!

Finally some snow in Mexico :blink::p