PDA

View Full Version : AAP 010: We're in double digits now people. Ow!

brad
09-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Hot off the presses!

http://moi-alizee.us/podcast/audio/010.mp3

>> Transcript (http://moi-alizee.us/podcast/transcripts/010.html)

TheBarrett
09-23-2008, 12:09 AM
So a gathering of two fans aye?
Sounds like a funtastic day. :)

Somehow I have an addiction with ImRawdg's bassline on his LT version.
Another great podcast, the lack of an interview was sort of a downer, but the big chunk of news made up for it! Thank you you two. :)

Ben
09-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Here's one of those "fantastic get-togethers" in Mexico for Alizée's birthday that I mentioned. I think it's a really nice, short, to the point video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gwh6G7Ve_jA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gwh6G7Ve_jA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Amigo!
09-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Somehow I have an addiction with ImRawdg's bassline on his LT version.

Ah, you're not the only one :p

Youpidou1
09-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Double Digits OWW!!! If I can help with these podcasts please tell me. They are fun to listen too.

TheBarrett
09-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Indeed, to be a part of this is quite exhilarating, and is quite an honor.

Tchaikovsky
09-23-2008, 12:46 AM
What happened to forum member interviews?

ciarac77
09-23-2008, 03:05 AM
What happened to forum member interviews?

Eh, haven't been able to fit them in with my schedule lately. They'll be back.

Ruroshen
09-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Heh. Double digits! OW!! :D

Great show as always, you two. Listening to it kept me sane...I mean, awake...as I slogged through another round of voting over at MTVLA.

(And the bassline on ImRawdg's LT instrumental is indeed all kinds of win. Loved it!)

brad
09-23-2008, 12:25 PM
great show ciara! i liked the recap idea and i loved raspy voice :p

Chommpers
09-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Lol got the podcast episode a name name now. Ow! Another great show Ciara glad you still put in the time to give us crazy fans something to listen to. ;)

ImRawdg
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Woot! One of my songs was in a podcast!! I officially have nothing else to live for now, my life's goal has been met.

Thanks for all your compliments. It sounds a lot better in the original MP3, with a good EQ.

Isn't September the month we are "supposed" to hear about other tour dates? Anyway, I am really starting to get excited about the future. The fact that her current label has been known for lacking promotion doesn't surprise me. I will faint the day I come across anything Alizée related in a public place, without being told about it beforehand. Every episode of this gets me more and more excited. I just hope it happens.

lefty12357
09-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Another great podcast ! I truly enjoy listening to them. And yes, ImRawdg's bass line in LT is very addictive. Great job to everyone...:)

Idéaliser
09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
very nice! these are fun to listen to ^^

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-23-2008, 07:36 PM
yet another good job

woohoo
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Finally #10 is here.
Ps Imrawdog you have to post the tabs or sheet music for your song here please :):):)

Rev
09-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Great job everyone. I'ts fun to listen to each podcast. :)

ImRawdg
09-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Finally #10 is here.
Ps Imrawdog you have to post the tabs or sheet music for your song here please :):):)

Tabs for bass?

pepelepew
09-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Great job Ciarra and Snatcher 42. The Lilly Town instrumental was great. I would buy a cd of all of her songs from Psychedelics being an instrumental version if they were all this well done.:D

woohoo
09-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Tabs for bass?

yes the bass.

ImRawdg
09-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Here is a tab with sheet music, it took a little while to make but it is very close to what I played. In my opinion it's a bit complex, and it may be hard to read because I had to print screen on a zoomed out print preview. Good luck.

Amigo!
09-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Here is a tab with sheet music, it took a little while to make but it is very close to what I played. In my opinion it's a bit complex, and it may be hard to read because I had to print screen on a zoomed out print preview. Good luck.

Thank you! :)

ImRawdg
09-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Ps Imrawdog you have to post the tabs ....

That is pretty funny :D Im Raw Dog?

People at my school tend to call me "Rodg", pronounced 'rahj', because my last name is Rodgers, and people always have to have some kind of nickname for you. I wanted to be as anonymous as I could when I first joined this forum, and after taking a quote from a story for English class (also in my signature) I came up with my forum name ImRawdg, with a slightly altered spelling of "Rodg."

But I laughed out loud at "Imrawdog" :D

ciarac77
09-25-2008, 02:32 AM
great show ciara! i liked the recap idea and i loved raspy voice :p

Lol, thanks. Except unlike last time, it wasn't 'I stayed out too late the night before-raspy', but rather 'I stayed out late too many nights in a row and caught a cold-raspy'....not nearly as fun. Well, maybe some of it.

nurvonic
09-25-2008, 10:24 AM
you should catch a cold more often, because you sound damn good. ;)

i love the podcast titles btw.

Roman
09-25-2008, 07:15 PM
finally on iTunes just today? downloading now ... :)

MonteCristo
09-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Its fun sitting in the yard on a sunny day with my iphone, cold glass of wine, listening to this. But then my neighbor just had to be a f#*kin f^g and water his flowers at this time, which the majority happened to be on the my side of the fence

Sir Wood
09-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I enjoyed your LT piece Rodg. ;) Especially the intro. By any chance you wouldn't happen to have a completed piece with just the piano/keyboard? I think that would be pretty awesome too.

you should catch a cold more often, because you sound damn good. ;)

i love the podcast titles btw.
LMAO!

Its fun sitting in the yard on a sunny day with my iphone, cold glass of wine, listening to this. But then my neighbor just had to be a f#*kin f^g and water his flowers at this time, which the majority happened to be on the my side of the fence
Well, at least that leaves you out of the chores of having to ever water that part of the lawn if your neighbor is doing it. LOL!

i_luv_alizee
10-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for the podcasts. I'm a newbie to Alizée and I recently got an ipod. I discovered the podcast (starting with number 9) and from there I discovered this place. Anyway it's been fun listening to the last two podcasts and look forward to more. Also the information has been quite helpful in getting to know about her. Thank you. :D

woohoo
10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Finally a third Texan now we can split off and make our own Alizee website. We shall can it Texans for Alizee. WOOHOO

Woo

mavsluver41
10-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Finally a third Texan now we can split off and make our own Alizee website. We shall can it Texans for Alizee. WOOHOO

Woo

Yee haw! Git r' done!

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr150/mavsluver41/292.jpg

Tchaikovsky
10-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Sooo when's the next podcast going to be done? :)

edgar93
10-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Is there any podcast in other language than English?

Tchaikovsky
10-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Is there any podcast in other language than English?
I believe this is the only Alizée podcast.

Ruroshen
12-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Over two months now without an episode. :( I appreciate that there's been precious little happening in Lilly Town worth podcasting about lately...but is it dead, Jim?

Roman
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Over two months now without an episode. :( I appreciate that there's been precious little happening in Lilly Town worth podcasting about lately...but is it dead, Jim?
I think Ciara would need some factoids to talk about provided by all the great people of Alizée fandom. Unfortunately, we didn't respond well enough to her podcast (in the way of contribution) and also after talking about current events and stuff and then there not really being much (except some unhappy stuff) to talk about since that last podcast, I am thinking she has come to find the situation uninteresting or dry. We are all in a situation of only being able to reminisce on the past or talk about stuff that happened before we were even around and do so for an indefinite amount of time while we hope that some day Alizée will be back. In short, it's hard to talk about someone who's not around, at least without a lot of community support. But yeah, I do miss her voice (actually both of them).

I would like to hear Ciara's podcast again if she actually found something interesting to talk about relating to Alizée. I think it would have to be based on interviews, questions answered, maybe interesting Alizée facts from any time in Alizée's life, and maybe other special topics. But really it seems that if it were to take the form of an audio blog, she could certainly do that if she had enough interest to find time to find something to say about Alizée. One could review all the videos and interviews that we have and make insightful commentary on them or the progression of things. I don't really know what it would take to do another good podcast about Alizée, but I do know that things happened between when they were getting good and now.

ImRawdg
12-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I really wonder what IS happening (with Alizee), because it almost seems like Alizee is deliberately hiding, or that she has something much more important to do than...doing anything. And she hasn't approved a comment since November 5th on her Myspace, but we all know that's a bit irrelevant at this point... Is this situation similar in any way to her disappearing after the MCE tour?

Ruroshen
12-06-2008, 11:06 PM
I really wonder what IS happening, because it almost seems like deliberate hiding, or that she has something much more important to do than...doing anything. And she hasn't approved a comment since November 5th on her Myspace, but we all know that's a bit irrelevant at this point... Is this situation similar in any way to her disappearing after the MCE tour?

Heh. At first, I thought you were talking about Ciara, and I was all like "Dude, she's probably just busy with school, relax!" It wasn't until I got to the bit about the MySpace that I realized you were actually referring to Lili... :o

I have to admit to be a little concerned that Lili may be in the midst of pulling another disappearing act. I'm hoping I'm wrong...and that if I'm right, it's in support of either some new promotion for Psych, or work on a new album altogether, and that it won't be as long as her last excercise in self-exile...but at this point, I imagine it's anybody's guess. :confused:

woohoo
12-06-2008, 11:56 PM
If Ciara cant do it or is hiding can someone else do the podcast?:confused::confused::confused:

ImRawdg
12-07-2008, 12:15 AM
If Ciara cant do it or is hiding can someone else do the podcast?:confused::confused::confused:

I meant Alizee, not Ciara, I've edited my post to clarify it.

lefty12357
12-07-2008, 01:25 AM
I have to admit to be a little concerned that Lili may be in the midst of pulling another disappearing act. I'm hoping I'm wrong...and that if I'm right, it's in support of either some new promotion for Psych, or work on a new album altogether, and that it won't be as long as her last excercise in self-exile...but at this point, I imagine it's anybody's guess. :confused:

Yeah, it’s kind of weird. The usual concern is that the fans will abandon the artist. In this case it feels somewhat like the roles are reversed. We all followed Alizée and took the tram to Lilly Town, but our tour guide disappeared on us many months ago and left us without a word, to wait and wonder. I really enjoyed the ride while it lasted, but the last 5 months have really been disappointing. And Psychédélices wasn’t even half way through its life cycle. I hope something good happens soon, because I’m still on board. But I can’t say this experience has not had some effect on how I relate to Alizée.

Let’s just hope there will be plenty of new material for podcasts in the near future. Supposedly Alizée was working on a surprise. And there is also supposed to be some sort of meeting with her French fans at the end of the year. Hopefully these things are going to happen. What a shame her record company didn’t have a promo going on with a new single during the Christmas gift buying season.

And I have to say that I also miss Ciara and her wonderful podcasts.:)

rcs
12-07-2008, 02:19 AM
At least, if you voice your concerns on Ciara's Myspace, I'm sure you can get a response from her. But, it's been 2 months without Lili news, better than the 2 years I had to wait with all the rumor mud rivers I had to swim through.

Roman
12-07-2008, 06:25 AM
... Is this situation similar in any way to her disappearing after the MCE tour?
apparently

JCC
12-07-2008, 11:48 AM

There's nothing to talk about right now, so what's the point?

Ruroshen
12-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Is this situation similar in any way to her disappearing after the MCE tour?

apparently

Geez, I genuinely hope not, for her sake as well as ours. If Lili decides to take another four years off between albums...even the Mexican fans will have forgotten about her by then. And then where will she be?

Bleah. I'm so tired of all this uncertainty and doom & gloom, and it's only been a few months. I have no idea how you guys weathered four years of this. I really wish Lili would give us a head's up in some way. :confused:

woohoo
12-07-2008, 01:01 PM
There's nothing to talk about right now, so what's the point?

I meant that if Ciara cant do it can someone else cohost or something.

Roman
12-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Geez, I genuinely hope not, for her sake as well as ours. If Lili decides to take another four years off between albums...even the Mexican fans will have forgotten about her by then. And then where will she be?

Bleah. I'm so tired of all this uncertainty and doom & gloom, and it's only been a few months. I have no idea how you guys weathered four years of this. I really wish Lili would give us a head's up in some way. :confused:
Well, I don't know about four years, but I meant that the last five months have had the same character as what she did before. Just gone without a word. Edit: you know, it's just because I have missed her and the concert cancelation thing, but it's really not fair to say that even. She does claim that she will be back for more concerts next year.

I have often wondered how people could hang around for about 4 years too. I have at times really wondered if I could have waited that long. But you know what, go back and look at photos and videos of her and all that stuff from 2000-2004 and you may be reminded how those people could wait for her for 4 years. I still feel it when I look at that stuff. She exemplified human stature like a champion race horse, not just with something as simple as athleticism, but rather her whole aura glowed like the sun. I'm sure I exaggerate, but it's how I feel when I think about it now. I look at the Fifty-Sixty 12" on my desk (you know, the nice one with the photo from FHM and the purple background) and think, there's still much of that Alizée out there and she shared some of it with us just a few months back.

I think she still has plenty to melt hearts and inspire adoration, but if she does not share herself with us and put in the effort then it's all just water under the bridge. She does not count on any of us, but just hopes to do stuff in the future and that it works out for her, or so it seems. KMMS and Alizée have said she will try to do another part of her concert tour next year or the beginning of next year. So, maybe they're all just hanging out waiting for better days. I doubt that is all Alizée is doing, but I really can't know. Months ago I saw a rumor that a Mexican radio station said she was starting to work on her fourth album. Well yeah, it could have been total b.s., but maybe not. If you don't have both a bunch of other people around you who still think she shines brightly and the inclination to take a clue from the Mexicans and promote the idea that she can and will return to greatness, then all you can do is just wait around, try to translate her songs for fun, work hard on your own life and hope it and she intersect again some day. (ok that's advice I try to tell myself anyway)

woohoo
12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Isnt she suposedly already working on a new album or single? Maybe she is focused on that. Dont take my word for it though I dont want to start rumors like AF, right jung?

Tchaikovsky
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
already working on a new album
Zomg she's working on a new album??!!?!1?:eek::eek:

heyamigo
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
no i think that was a rumor that turned out to be false. the rumor was that she was working on a "jazz" style album with people who produce music of that kind but it was totally wrong.

Ruroshen
12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Zomg she's working on a new album??!!?!1?:eek::eek:

no i think that was a rumor that turned out to be false. the rumor was that she was working on a "jazz" style album with people who produce music of that kind but it was totally wrong.

Heh, I suspect Tchaikovsky was riffing on the way rumours get started around here (and elsewhere). It's been somewhat of a bone of contention, lately... :D

I can't tell you how bummed I was when that one was proven false, btw. Lili singing jazz would have been hawsome with a capital H. :(

TheBarrett
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
How about Alizée-America Special-Derailment-Podcast (Number 1) hosted by NarutoSoul? :p
Would be fun to hear his demeanoring voice burst through every line talking about weird stuff. :p

MonteCristo
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM

most didnt, ive been scanning this site for at least two or three years now, theres only about ten of the original nearly three hundred left now.....im personally hoping she comes back with memories of Gourmandises and makes more music with that flavorful blaze to it. And like many said. If she can't speak, we can only guess and anticipate. Perhaps she isnt nearly as successful because Psychedelices was just way too different from her first two which is what shes most known for. Or as others said....because she broke off from Mylene. Any guess is as good as how far the word can travel.....we won't be sure until she gets back up and decides to impress us again, i think thats one reason why people have held on so long, to be impressed, but i guess they werent.

nurvonic
12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
i chit-chatted with ciara very recently. shes been busy with life basically and hasnt had the time to do the podcast. she should be back sometime early next year with a shiny new one, so be patient. :)

woohoo
10-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Hey I lost the first ten podcasts when I redid my computer and was wondering if there is another place to get them because they are not on itunes anymore.

DrSmith
10-30-2010, 06:25 PM
I think they're on the Alizée hub.