PDA

View Full Version : [2009-03-28] USA fan banner for Paris!

Ben
09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey all.

As you probably know, Alizée isn't getting the attention she deserves in France. We'd like to do something at the Grand Rex to help change that. The idea is to display a massive vinyl banner while waiting outside the concert, either 4x12 or 5x15 feet, representing her American fans. Hopefully this will gain some media attention!

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap, so we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much. Once we see how many responses we get, and know the exact cost of everything, we'll let each of you know how much to send. It won't be more than your maximum amount, but it may be less!

If you want an idea what you're chipping into, here's a work in progress. The logo's a placeholder, and we still need some text in addition to the website urls ("alizeeamerica.com" and "lillytownusa.com"). A cheesy pun related to flying to go along with the image would probably be best. Something like "we've just flown in from America, and boy are our arms tired" (:p), but that doesn't translate well into French. Any of the experts here have suggestions?

Thanks! And see many of you at the concert! :)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/Snatcher42/LTNY/wip.jpg

TheBarrett
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I like it, in fact I love it, I haven't seen a photoshop that has caught my attention that gracefully as this one.

But I don't get why we'd put "Text Goes Here" on our text, seems odd. :p:p:p

Amigo!
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
That is an awesome design :wub:

woohoo
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Great design but the American flag should be a little more defined.

marik
09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I like it, in fact I love it, I haven't seen a photoshop that has caught my attention that gracefully as this one.

But I don't get why we'd put "Text Goes Here" on our text, seems odd. :p:p:p

its kinda a pattern on where to put the "Original text" and as what said earlier on the LTUSA

awesome design :)

Great design but the American flag should be a little more defined.

he's right :p

Ruroshen
09-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Hmm, nice. Too bad I'm Canadian...

...oh, all right...I guess I could chip in...so long as you don't mind taking our froot loop-coloured money with ducks on it...

Seriously, though...would a single, solitary maple leaf have been too much to ask...? :p

Ben
09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I was thinking of you and a few other Canadians while making this, Ruroshen, but couldn't figure out an easy or elegant way to include you. One idea was to list everyone's location along the bottom as text. Like, "New York, LA, San Fransisco, etc.", and include places like Toronto there. But I don't think we'll have time to organize that.

Amigo!
09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
so long as you don't mind taking our froot loop-coloured money with ducks on it...

You weren't kidding... http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

http://www.atsnotes.com/catalog/canada/canada-94.JPG

woohoo
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM

...oh, all right...I guess I could chip in...so long as you don't mind taking our froot loop-coloured money with ducks on it...

Seriously, though...would a single, solitary maple leaf have been too much to ask...? :p

There is a Maple leaf. It's right here see, look real close.
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/nickwoo2/mapleleaf.jpg

Ruroshen
09-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I was thinking of you and a few other Canadians while making this, Ruroshen, but couldn't figure out an easy or elegant way to include you. One idea was to list everyone's location along the bottom as text. Like, "New York, LA, San Fransisco, etc.", and include places like Toronto there. But I don't think we'll have time to organize that.

Heh, I'm just being a smartass sir, but thanks for the thought. I'd be happy to contribute to the cause, of course. :D

Ben
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
What do you guys think of that location idea though? I might actually like to attempt it. Starting posting where you're from in this thread I guess!

Ruroshen
09-30-2008, 09:35 PM
What do you guys think of that location idea though? I might actually like to attempt it. Starting posting where you're from in this thread I guess!

I do like the idea, actually...if there's time and space to accomodate it.

Toronto, Ontario here...land of bagged milk, mayonnaise and duck-money. :D

lefty12357
09-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I'd be happy to contribute something too. I really like the idea and I think the design looks great...

Idéaliser
10-01-2008, 06:48 AM
love the design, looks like she's actually flying :wub:

btw, I'm from upstate New York :o

Roman
10-01-2008, 07:04 AM

That's real money? :eek: just kidding. Oh, you Canadians are great. Never ending source of amusement. :p
"Toronto, Ontario here...land of bagged milk, mayonnaise and duck-money." you're killing me here.

I'm in. Hope people see this thread. Don't forget to announce on any and all concert organizing threads. or just email everyone in the world.

lowbeam
10-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey all.

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap. We're talking around $500 here. So that's why we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much.

I would like to contribute starting at $100 U.S. I was proud to help hold the Alizée Mexico banner during the Monterrey concert and I'd be delighted to help hold this one, or at least help pay. If you write locations, St. Louis for me, I'm from just outside but St. Louis sounds more "French".

Roman
10-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Oh yeah, I'm from just outside Sacramento, California, both of which sound Mexican I guess (well, and were of course).

alizee lover
10-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I love the desing but maybe the american flag should be more noticable:D cuz what if she doesnt see it. I would contribute too but would need more information on how much its going to be:confused:

outlaw
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
hmm mine was like ALIZEE: the supernaturally talented

jus a thought:D

Future Raptor Ace
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey all.

As you probably know, Alizée isn't getting the attention she deserves in France. We'd like to do something at the Grand Rex to help change that!

The idea is to display a massive vinyl banner while waiting outside the concert, either 4x12 or 5x15 feet, representing her American fans. Hopefully this will gain some media attention!

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap. We're talking around $500 here. So that's why we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much.

Once we see how many responses we get, and know the exact cost of everything, we'll let each of you know how much to send. It won't be more than your maximum amount, but it may be less!

If you want an idea what you're chipping into, here's a work in progress. The logo's a placeholder, and we still need some text. I wanted to make a cheesy pun on the image and say "we've just flown in from America, and boy are our arms tired" (:p), but I don't know how to express that in French. Any of the experts here have suggestions?

Thanks! And see many of you at the concert! :)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/Snatcher42/LTNY/wip.jpg

Ben you are the man!!!! This is exactly what we the US fans need to do. Let Alizee and the people of France that she is growing her in the US.

Also I agree with woohoo, make the flag stand out more. I mean make this image scream "America" Maybe put an American flag in the Alizee lettering or something
For the text why not quote her "Why not make the French language known in the US"
The Location idea seems kool

heyamigo
10-01-2008, 02:31 PM
btw, if it costs so much to ship it, why not just have it printed in somewhere in paris?

Future Raptor Ace
10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
^Wouldn't that cost more money, the exchange rate is still 1.4 in the Euros favor

Roman
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Nous venons de voler ici à Paris et oh la la, nos bras sont épuisé !

Well, I'm not even certain if that is correst much less if it just sounds bizarre. I can imagine putting that on a banner and having people go by thinking, what's that supposed to mean? These American's are weird.

Ben
10-01-2008, 04:11 PM
btw, if it costs so much to ship it, why not just have it printed in somewhere in paris?
We actually have two people on our forum that work at professional printing shops, so I'm going with one of them to make sure we get a good deal and personal oversight. :)

In terms of price, again you can donate as much or as little as you want. If we get more than we need, which looks like it will happen, we'll lower everyone's amount accordingly. Which is why I'm not asking for anything to be sent now.

Thanks to all those who have responded, we're well on our way already!

Toc De Mac
10-01-2008, 04:15 PM
I would not change the definition of the American flag.

It is clearly visible in its current form, and anything more bold would detract from the fact that the banner is to support Alizée and not America.

Idéaliser
10-01-2008, 04:47 PM

It is clearly visible in its current form, and anything more bold would detract from the fact that the banner is to support Alizée and not America.

+1 to that idea.

And nice translation Roman xD

edgar93
10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
What about the canadians? It would be a great idea that americans and canadians get together...
well I'm Mexican, but I live in Toronto xD and the mexican fansite is not so cool.

ciarac77
10-02-2008, 01:56 AM

Exactly. Just think how it will look in its actual size and not on your computer screen. The design is fantastic!

Riccardo
10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Wow thats cool the banner I like it....

lefty12357
10-03-2008, 12:01 AM

I also agree. I think it looks great the way it is. If you do decide to put locations on it, I would prefer just Minnesota rather than the name of the city I'm from.

And how about adding the addresses of the websites supporting the banner? Maybe that would be more useful than a list of cities.

Ben
10-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Update on the punchline: it's proving most difficult to translate, so if any of you have an idea for some other funny/cute line relating to America and flying (since it looks like Lili is in the image), please let me know. Thanks!

And how about adding the addresses of the websites supporting the banner? Maybe that would be more useful than a list of cities.
Oh no doubt. That's always been the plan, don't worry. :)

It's also another reason not to change the prominence of the flag - the text will make it clear who this is from.

But I don't really want to talk design specifics, because as I said this is a work in progress and everything could still change. ;)

Ruroshen
10-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Update on the punchline: it's proving most difficult to translate, so if any of you have an idea for some other funny/cute line relating to America and flying (since it looks like Lili is in the image), please let me know. Thanks!

As much as I do loves me a good, silly pun...the more I think about it, the more I think the most appropriate thing to put on the banner would be her quote about making the French language known in the United States. Have it appear in both English and French...could be a very classy way of showing her (and the world) that she's succeeding in some measure.

The only other semi-cute idea I can think of relating to flying and America is a possible take on "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!"...but that's just how the brains of comic nerds work... :rolleyes:

Ben
10-03-2008, 02:12 AM
One problem with that quote is that it was originally in Spanish. Now it is pretty easy to translate, but I imagine Alizée did in fact speak it in French. There's no way to know her exact wording, and it might be somewhat odd if we don't get it right.

Also I just feel a bit of levity is important, lest this be taken too seriously. I mean, I'm all for the idea and even started it, but really: A fifteen foot $500 banner sent trans-Atlantic by a bunch of Americans spending thousands of dollars to see a little French pop star in concert? Yeah, that's totally normal. :p

TheBarrett
10-03-2008, 02:18 AM
What's defined normal for some, is blasphemy to others, and vice versa.
Personally the idea isn't crazy enough for me, but i'm a personal lunatic. :p
And yes, i'm having a "strange flying Alizée pun" writers block at the moment, I can't seem to think of anything good or useable.

Ruroshen
10-03-2008, 03:24 AM
One problem with that quote is that it was originally in Spanish. Now it is pretty easy to translate, but I imagine Alizée did in fact speak it in French. There's no way to know her exact wording, and it might be somewhat odd if we don't get it right.

Hmm...yeah, there is that. I forgot that was a print interview, so we only have the Spanish to go by. Could always just use the English translation on its own...but that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Poop.

Also I just feel a bit of levity is important, lest this be taken too seriously. I mean, I'm all for the idea and even started it, but really: A fifteen foot $500 banner sent trans-Atlantic by a bunch of Americans spending thousands of dollars to see a little French pop star in concert? Yeah, that's totally normal. :p

Also a good point. :p I'm sadly drawing a blank, though. I'd still like to do something with a play on 'Look, up in the sky...!', but damned if I can come up with anything... :o

Ben
10-03-2008, 03:52 AM
Could try to work in the "traverser l’hémisphère" line from Par Les Paupières (one of my favorites), though I dunno if that's really funny or hits the "flying" image home enough.

Future Raptor Ace
10-03-2008, 08:32 PM
hmmm a flying quote for Alizee, sorta sounds like something I should be able to come up with. Ill think for a bit

Idéaliser
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I get to leave for France sunday :D

Btw, what section of the theater would the banner be held?

NarutoSoul
10-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I get to leave for France sunday :D

Btw, what section of the theater would the banner be held?
*shakes fist at Idéaliser, then runs away while bawling like a baby*

Future Raptor Ace
10-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I got a few quotes I hope you guys like;
"Who said you need wings to go sky high"
"The sky isn't only for birds and planes, its for people who can reach it"
"Alizee you have touched the sky, now all you have to do is keep flying"
"Alizee can you fly to US?"

edgar93
10-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I think it would be a great idea to put a maple leaf...i live in toronto, too.

TheBarrett
10-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Would it hurt to put in a viking in to represent the Scandinavian fans? Or maybe an eagle on a cactus to represent the Mexicans, or an old lady dressed in odd styles to represent England?

Don't be ridiculous you all, I say it's fine as it is. :)

Future Raptor Ace
10-03-2008, 10:06 PM
hehe 50 cal. and his vikings lol. If I ever meet you in person im buying you a viking helmet like Thor or something lmao

oh and you forgot to add; her holding vodka to represent the Russian fans

TheBarrett
10-03-2008, 10:14 PM
There must be a movie.

"Remember the Pagans"

Out of the silent sea
Came the holy men of war
Killers in the name of God
With bible, and cross, and book of law.
Welcome, to the land of ice.
Welcome, to the land of snow.
Come in, and meet our Gods
This, is not your day.

Nouska maasta maitten henget
Tulten henget, soan henget
Veden virrat, ilman pauhut
Päälle vainomiesten päitten!

Anyways, back from my rant of religious genocide:
I like the "Alizee can you fly to US?" quote from Mr.Fra

OGRE
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
How about:

"Sur les ailes de l'amour"
"À partir de vos fans en Amérique"

Or perhaps:

"Sur le vent de l'amour".

Or perhaps the former with "ailes" crossed out and "vent" inserted.

ailes is a play on tinkerbell.
vent is a play on Alizée.

JCC
10-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Where do i go2 donate some money for the banner?..Count me in for about $50 usd. just point me in the right direction.....:)

Ben
10-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks JCC, I'll put that down as your maximum amount.

Again, we're not collecting any money yet. Waiting to see final costs, and how many people respond.

Then we'll know how much we need to ask from each person (the max they offered, or less).

And thanks for the suggestions guys. Does any form of the expression "take to the skies" (meaning to fly) exist in French?

Rev
10-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Could try to work in the "traverser l’hémisphère" line from Par Les Paupières (one of my favorites), though I dunno if that's really funny or hits the "flying" image home enough.

How about:

Or perhaps:

Or, something like, "We flew to visit you, please fly to visit us."
(In French of course)

Ruroshen
10-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I think it would be a great idea to put a maple leaf...i live in toronto, too.

Heh, I was just kidding when I said that, edgar. I think the design is fine as it is. Because, let's be honest, if we rule out Quebec (where she rather inexplicably has NO fans, from what little evidence I've seen), there isn't an ice cube's chance in Hades that she's coming to Canada before she makes a stop in the U.S. We don't even register as a blip on Sony BMG's radar, except possibly under the heading of 'People who might be willing to travel to a show in the USA, if it's close enough'. Sad but true. :(

Would it hurt to put in a viking in to represent the Scandinavian fans? Or maybe an eagle on a cactus to represent the Mexicans, or an old lady dressed in odd styles to represent England?

oh and you forgot to add; her holding vodka to represent the Russian fans

Just quoting these because they literally made me laugh out loud... :D

And thanks for the suggestions guys. Does any form of the expression "take to the skies" (meaning to fly) exist in French?

Just a thought, here...have you considered instead going the other way, and using a French idiom that might look comically awkward or unfamiliar when translated into English? Again, it could contribute to the idea of Lili succeeding in 'making the French language known in the United States'...

How about it, folks? Are there any French idioms/clichés relating to flying/flight that we might not be aware of?

Tchaikovsky
10-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Wouldn't she have more success attracting an audience in Canada since you guys have a lot of French speaking people up there?

Ruroshen
10-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Wouldn't she have more success attracting an audience in Canada since you guys have a lot of French speaking people up there?
You'd think, wouldn't you? Hence with the 'inexplicable'--if you take a look at the "official" Google fan map, for example, or the breakdown of visitors to alizee-music.blogspot.com, it appears there are no Alizée fans in all of Quebec. Most of us appear to be centered in either Toronto or Vancouver, with a few scattered here and there in the provinces between...all of which are primarly anglophone.

I dunno...doesn't make sense to me either. :confused:

Amigo!
10-04-2008, 02:58 AM
I dunno...doesn't make sense to me either. :confused:

It could have something to do with the bagged milk :p

Tchaikovsky
10-04-2008, 04:06 AM
It could have something to do with the bagged milk :p
Yeah seriously, bagged milk? :D

Roman
10-04-2008, 04:18 AM
Just quoting these because they literally made me laugh out loud... :D
The old lady in odd clothes made me laugh out loud.
... How about it, folks? Are there any French idioms/clichés relating to flying/flight that we might not be aware of?Uh, if we're not aware of them, how can we list them? :o

Ok, I'll try:
prendre la fuite ... aux ÉU où sont les bras tendres de tes amours
Ok, even if that was correct, maybe it's a bit much. I think prendre la fuite means take flight, but maybe not in the right sense. Google translates as "abscond".

Idéaliser
10-04-2008, 06:30 AM
How about:

Or perhaps:

I like both of these :P

Toc De Mac
10-04-2008, 09:25 AM

«prendre le vol» ou bien «s'envoler»

EDIT: A possible phrase could come from one of Alizée's very own songs:

Survoler la terre
Remuer le vent, l'heure et les mots

:wub:

Topaz
10-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I got a few quotes I hope you guys like;
"Who said you need wings to go sky high"

I have always liked:

"le ciel appartient aux étoiles"

Not sure how to work it in.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/A_0022.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/avatar_2455.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/A_0057.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-1.gif

EDIT:

Here is an old logo for you Ruroshen. :)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/CanUS_Logo.jpg

OGRE
10-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I like both of these :P

We could even put it to music::D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJBKVlHS8zw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJBKVlHS8zw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

espire
10-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Hey, come on now, bagged milk is great!

woohoo
10-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Hey, come on now, bagged milk is great!

Except that you have to put it in another container that may or may not be able to close and its just annoying to pour if you put the bag in a pitcher becuase it fall over on itself.

All things you need to know about bagged milk. http://home.cogeco.ca/~husky66/Milk/

Lerxst
10-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Do you mean to tell me Americans don't have bagged milk? :confused:

I'm shocked and appalled! :eek:

fitzmichel
10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Slogan "Soar to America"

woohoo
10-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Slogan "Soar to America"

I like this one.

puffyrock2
10-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Do you mean to tell me Americans don't have bagged milk? :confused:

I'm shocked and appalled! :eek:

FYI, bagged milk was commonly included with school lunches at American elementary schools years ago, but this practice has been discontinued and cartons are being used. Due to the fact that a straw was included, i found the bags to be more convenient. However, i do not believe these bagged milks were available for commercial purposes outside of the school system.

Toc De Mac
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
FYI, bagged milk was commonly included with school lunches at American elementary schools years ago, but this practice has been discontinued and cartons are being used. Due to the fact that a straw was included, i found the bags to be more convenient. However, i do not believe these bagged milks were available for commercial purposes outside of the school system.

Hmm, that must have been quite some time ago (or this practice must have been limited to certain areas of the country), as neither my sister nor I remember ever having bagged milk at lunch. :blink:

mavsluver41
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
As intriguing as all this talk of bagged milk is, I cannot offer my opinion as I have not heard of, nor seen such a thing.

The slogan however:

I think something using "Decollage" could be clever, if I'm correct in believing its translation to be "take-off."

Or in order to represent fans from N. America, we could do something like: "Flight no. 1023 (:cool:) - Point of Departure: N.America / Destination: Lillytown.

Ben
10-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Obviously this plan is tabled. will bump up the thread when/if it's relevant again... :(

Rev
10-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Obviously this plan is tabled. will bump up the thread when/if it's relevant again... :(

Sorry Snatcher. It was a great idea.

Ben
02-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Think it's about time to revive this topic. Anyone have a brilliant idea for the text while we've been away? ;)

Amigo!
02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Think it's about time to revive this topic. Anyone have a brilliant idea for the text while we've been away? ;)

http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

Good question... Are you sure you want to get this going again right now?

rcs
02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
"We Missed You"

Ready to donate. :cool:

Ben
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Ready to donate. :cool:
Thanks. Gonna hold off collecting any money until we're 100% sure the concert's happening, but would like to finalize the design in the meantime. :)

Amigo!
02-19-2009, 10:13 PM
"We Missed You"

Hey, that actually sounds kind of nice :)

Ruroshen
02-19-2009, 10:23 PM

Looking at this again, it kind of looks like she's falling out of the sky as opposed to flying...

Does the idiom "falling for you" translate well into French? Maybe we could do something with that. "America's falling for Alizée"? "Alizée, America has fallen for you"? Like so?

Just a thought. Otherwise, I still gots nothin'.

Rocket
02-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I think the whole thing is stupid.

Ruroshen
02-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I think the whole thing is stupid.

Always a pleasure, Rocket. Thanks again for your overwhelming positivity. :rolleyes:

Geez. "If you can't say anything nice...", y'know what I'm sayin'?

Roman
02-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Well, I do feel a bit awkward about this anymore, but if you all want to do it still whether I end up going or not I'll donate.

If I was to lodge an opinion about what such a banner should say, I wouldn't say anything about America, just have the flag in the background. You could say, une heure avec Alizée - refering to the concert. No. Let's see, maybe just Vive Alizée ! I don't know. And if you make it one of those vinyl banners, you can use it for rain protection should the need arise.

How about just bribing a logging company to cut down trees in the shape of the word Alizée and then wait for it to show up on Google Earth? That would be cool. Ok, I know, that wait would be too long, but considering the whole idea anyway...

Ben
02-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Oh, I should mention that of course the addresses of Alizée America and Lilly Town USA will be on the banner, so really it represents our two sites. Every fanpage from Mexico has made one of these, so I think it's about time we do. If we can't think of anything else to write, maybe the URLs will be all it says, though yeah perhaps a "falling" pun could work too...

OGRE
02-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Notre Ange

Rev
02-20-2009, 01:26 AM
How about something like "No distance is too great," or "We came to visit you. Please come to visit us." :)

Amigo!
02-20-2009, 01:36 AM
"Chute sous le charme" :confused:

Rev
02-20-2009, 01:39 AM
"Chute sous le charme" :confused:

I LIKE that one. :)

Roman
02-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Oh, I should mention that of course the addresses of Alizée America and Lilly Town USA will be on the banner, so really it represents our two sites. Every fanpage from Mexico has made one of these, so I think it's about time we do. If we can't think of anything else to write, maybe the URLs will be all it says, though yeah perhaps a "falling" pun could work too...
Tomber pour elle = fall for her
Of course that would work best if it was a dual Alizée/Pascal Obispo show (it's the title of a Pascal song), but you know... it could work or maybe
Nous somme tombé pour toi. = we have fallen for you.
Of course, any French should be double checked by a native for appropriateness.
Or in English, simply "Fall for Her"

Ben
02-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Notre Ange
You know, there's a certain understated cleverness there, since she is flying through the clouds like an angel. Ok, add lines about birds, fairies, angels, etc. to the list. Basically just looking for anything that relates to the image.

Rocket
02-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Always a pleasure, Rocket. Thanks again for your overwhelming positivity. :rolleyes:

Geez. "If you can't say anything nice...", y'know what I'm sayin'?

Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was a forum where people were allowed to express their thoughts and ideas. I guess I should have lied and said this idea is just super.

Ruroshen
02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was a forum where people were allowed to express their thoughts and ideas. I guess I should have lied and said this idea is just super.

Hey, you want to express some constructive criticism, go for it. Eliciting opinions and ideas is exactly why Snatcher started the thread. But "I think this is stupid", without even deigning to explain why you think so, or offering any suggestions to improve it, isn't contructive in any way. It's simply crapping on the people who are actually putting thought and effort into this. It's thoughtless at best, petty and childish at worst.

But those are just my thoughts and ideas on the subject.

Amigo!
02-20-2009, 10:12 AM

Ok...

But why did you say it was stupid? ben was just asking for help.

Rocket
02-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Ok...

But why did you say it was stupid? ben was just asking for help.

Thanks for asking Amigo! I think this is stupid because this thread started back in September and so far, nothing has seemed to come of it but nine pages of talk. If you want to do something, then do something. The ones who put up the money, go to the concert and hold the banner. If I happen to see you there (yes I'm planning on going along with two of my girlfreinds) I'll give you a shout and take your picture. Say 'Cheese' :D.

JEP
02-20-2009, 11:00 AM
To me the obvious thing for the banner is something about Tinkerbelle.
Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly!
Ouvrez vos ailes et que la fée dans vous, vole!

Amigo!
02-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for asking Amigo!

No problem Rocket :mad:

If I happen to see you there (yes I'm planning on going along with two of my girlfreinds)

What's that you say Rocket? You have an Idea now? You want to help carry the banner now? How thoughtful of you. :p

I'll give you a shout and take your picture. Say 'Cheese' :D.

If I see you there I will :mad: :p

Rocket
02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey, you want to express some constructive criticism, go for it. Eliciting opinions and ideas is exactly why Snatcher started the thread. But "I think this is stupid", without even deigning to explain why you think so, or offering any suggestions to improve it, isn't contructive in any way. It's simply crapping on the people who are actually putting thought and effort into this. It's thoughtless at best, petty and childish at worst.

But those are just my thoughts and ideas on the subject.

You're thoughts and ideas are stupid.

Ruroshen
02-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Whatever. I'm not being drawn into a flame war by a child.

Like I said, always a pleasure. :rolleyes:

Rocket
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Whatever. I'm not being drawn into a flame war by a child.

Like I said, always a pleasure. :rolleyes:

a child that can kick your butt.

outlaw
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
"alizee come to america show us americans how good u REALLY are" yknow something kinda basic but make the banner really really outstanding and cool and if u vote on the quote (hey there's a catchphrase!) itll bring it alll out.

VOTE ON THE QUOTE PEOPLE! :cool:

Rocket
02-20-2009, 02:01 PM
That's a good idea Outlaw. So here's a list of the quotes.

"we've just flown in from America, and boy are our arms tired"
"Text Goes Here"
Why not make the French language known in the US"
Nous venons de voler ici à Paris et oh la la, nos bras sont épuisé !
"Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!"
"We flew to visit you, please fly to visit us."
prendre la fuite ... aux ÉU où sont les bras tendres de tes amours
prendre le vol» ou bien «s'envoler
Survoler la terre Remuer le vent, l'heure et les mots
"le ciel appartient aux étoiles"
"Soar to America"
"Flight no. 1023 - Point of Departure: N.America / Destination: Lillytown.
"We Missed You"
"America's falling for Alizée"
"Alizée, America has fallen for you"
Notre Ange
No distance is too great
We came to visit you. Please come to visit us."
Chute sous le charme"
Tomber pour elle
Nous somme tombé pour toi
"Fall for Her"
Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly! Ouvrez vos ailes et que la fée dans vous, vole!
"alizee come to america show us americans how good u REALLY are"

OGRE
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
General Comment:

If the goal is a banner she will see and read at the venue, keep the sentence short (three or fewer words.....or just one word). This not only presents a quickly readable text, but the shorter length allows the letters to be larger, further achieving the goal.

If the goal is a banner that will communicate "after the fact", perhaps as part of a picture of banners, then you can get away with more wordy text.

Bigdan
02-20-2009, 05:09 PM
If I can say my word on this, I know that a sentence in french would be really appreciate... Something that say this a message to her from USA and that every others fans ( mostly French) could understand.

If you do well, that's the kind of thing French TV could love to have in a report on her.
The fact she have americans fans is not well known here, and this is something they could'n miss.

Future Raptor Ace
02-20-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree with rocket and outlaw;
Lets vote the quote

Toc De Mac
02-20-2009, 06:20 PM

After thinking, this would work very well. It's from one of her songs, short, cute, and very relevant.

The only possible alternatives I could come up is the possibly corny Le souffle qui fait vibrer le/nos cœur/s and the line C'est doux, un vent d'amour from L'Alizé.

However, I still think that Ben's suggestion is the most apropos. ;)

Ben
02-20-2009, 07:31 PM
If the goal is a banner she will see and read at the venue, keep the sentence short (three or fewer words.....or just one word). This not only presents a quickly readable text, but the shorter length allows the letters to be larger, further achieving the goal.
Short is better, and definitely in French. But I think it will be too big to hold up during the concert, or even take into the venue. It's for outside before the show.

And not even so much for Alizée (though I hope she appreciates it), but for the French media and public like Bigdan said. That who's it's directed at, to represent us, make an impression, and raise awareness. So keep that in mind when thinking up lines.

And don't worry, if there's a concert the banner will be there. The point of this thread is just to let everyone in on the process.

After thinking, this would work very well. It's from one of her songs, short, cute, and very relevant.
Thanks. How about something like this?

Fans des États-Unis et Canada: Traverser l’hémisphère pour
Alizée
AlizeeAmerica.com LillyTownUSA.com

Jamie
02-20-2009, 07:41 PM

Wasn't this banner originally just for this site?

lowbeam
02-20-2009, 07:46 PM

The more the merrier.

Ben, let me know when you need donations, I'm in again. Like a moth to a flame, can't help myself :)

Ben
02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
No, it's always been both:
http://www.lillytownusa.com/showthread.php?t=488
(see thread creation dates)

Us American fans gotta stick together! Oh, and canucks can come too. ;)

bladegear
02-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Hello!

I am very interested in helping with the banner. I have enjoyed Alizee for several years now and really love everything she does! AlizeeAmerica does a great job of offering her videos! She has the most wonderful voice!

I own a sign shop in North Carolina and would be interested in donating a banner for your trip! I would love to print it!! Please feel free to contact me about this. I am very serious and think it would be fantastic to do!

Please contact me and we can talk about it! Hope to here from you and happy to get involved!! Alizee Rocks!! I wish everyone knew about her!!!!

Thanks!

lefty12357
02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
If I can say my word on this, I know that a sentence in french would be really appreciate... Something that say this a message to her from USA and that every others fans ( mostly French) could understand.

If you do well, that's the kind of thing French TV could love to have in a report on her.
The fact she have americans fans is not well known here, and this is something they could'n miss.

I agree with Bigdan. Something correctly worded in French. I truly would like Alizée and the French media to be aware of the fact that she has American fans. There is no reason for us to be shy about it...:)

Short is better, and definitely in French. But I think it will be too big to hold up during the concert, or even take into the venue. It's for outside before the show.

And not even so much for Alizée (though I hope she appreciates it), but for the French media and public like Bigdan said. That who's it's directed at, to represent us, make an impression, and raise awareness. So keep that in mind when thinking up lines.

And don't worry, if there's a concert the banner will be there. The point of this thread is just to let everyone in on the process.

Alizée

I like this idea. If donations are needed, I'm still in too. Just let me know if or when the need arises.

Rocket
02-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I vote for "Notre Ange" as the quote. It's to the point. It's small enough that you can enlarge it so it can be plainly seen. I'd like to hear Bladegear's opinion. BTW welcome aboard Bladegear. :)

Roman
02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
"Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!"<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cnunya%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoh tml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> L'avion ? Mais ce n'est pas un avion
Comme un oiseau, mais les ailes d'une fée clochette

Short is better, and definitely in French. ... Agree

Alizée
AlizeeAmerica.com LillyTownUSA.comTraverser l'hemisphere pour Alizée...

États-Unis / Canada

That's decent and simple. It implies stuff about Alizée rather than stating it. To represent, it works. Ça marche. Maybe the second and third lines could be smaller cause it's a lot of text otherwise.

Or just a fade of an American flag and some big ass maple leaves in the background. :p Ok, maybe that wouldn't be obvious enough, but it was funny to say.

I still prefer the idea of just saying something about Alizée like Chute sous le charme if people actually use that phrase. The use of chuter and tomber is a little tricky. The distinctions are not abundantly clear it seems from reading French people debate it. (and we'll ignore choir and even baisser, all of which could be translated to fall).

Again, I still don't know if I'll even be going so it's not really voting, just giving opinion. I understand that there may be a particular point, as Big Dan and Ben suggest with their posts. So, what's the aim? Definitely to make a statement about North America or just suggesting people should like Alizée? The latter could be a little simpler and easier to make a reference to the appearance of falling or flying, but the former might be more interesting to some people.

Hello!
I am very interested in helping with the banner. ...
NICE! Well, bienvenue à toi ! Please tell us more in the new fan thread (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125721) (you're new to the site anyway).

Ben
02-20-2009, 09:56 PM
So, what's the aim?
To make the French public aware that Alizée has a passionate American following.

And yes welcome bladegear, please email me. I sent you the address in a private message.

I'm liking this...

Traverser l’hémisphère pour
[Alizée Logo]

Fans des États-Unis et Canada

bladegear
02-20-2009, 10:32 PM
I rarely participate in forums but you guys caught my eye! I like Alizee so much and she really should be seen and her music enjoyed by as many as possible. Just turned a French Canadian friend on to her just the other day.

As I mentioned, I own a sign shop in NC and would be very happy to talk about printing and donating the banner. If Ben is heading this up...he should get in touch with me when possible.

I agree with Rocket and the original comments by the previous member that perhaps a short quip in French or possibly French and English would make a great message!

Ruroshen
02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
To make the French public aware that Alizée has a passionate North American following.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

I'm liking this...

[Alizée Logo]

That looks good to me! My Canadian brethren and I thank you for the nod. :D

Ben
02-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Mexico is North America too.

Ruroshen
02-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Mexico is North America too.
Hush. Geography is my dump stat. :o

Future Raptor Ace
02-20-2009, 11:18 PM
With all due, I'm kool with Mexico and all, but they already have their name on Alizee's list if you know what I mean and don't really need further promotion. So If we include Mexico with the US and Canada it may render our two nations insignificant compared to Mexico in which Alizee is already aware of the huge fan base. In conclusion think this banner should just be for the US and Canada leaving Mexico out. We want to make the US and Canada as significant as possible to Alizee's eyes.

Ben
02-20-2009, 11:24 PM
That was the point, just saying it's not really accurate to call it a "North American" banner when it's only for the US and Canada. No offense to Mexico at all.

Though again, this is much more for the French media and public than it is for Alizée. She already knows about us.

Future Raptor Ace
02-20-2009, 11:28 PM
That was the point, just saying it's not really accurate to call it a "North American" banner when it's only for the US and Canada. No offense to Mexico at all.

Though again, this is much more for the French media and public than it is for Alizée. She already knows about us.
ok just making sure, because Mexico doesn't need our help here, so we don't need to put them in.

bladegear
02-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey Ben,

I sent a reply about the banner hope you got it! Reply when convenient.

Thanks!

Roman
02-21-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm liking this...

[Alizée Logo]

Sounds good, but you know, we should just add Canada on as another state or few. Save us the trouble of having to make the distinction all the time. It's practically part of the US anyway. They just have more interesting fruit-loopy money with ducks on it. :p

Amigo!
02-21-2009, 12:19 AM
They just have more interesting fruit-loopy money with ducks on it. :p

Don't forget the mayonnaise and bagged milk :Dhttp://alizeeamerica.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rev
02-21-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm liking this...

[Alizée Logo]

Me too. :)

In conclusion think this banner should just be for the US and Canada leaving Mexico out. We want to make the US and Canada as significant as possible to Alizee's eyes.

Makes sense.

lefty12357
02-21-2009, 11:25 AM
^I agree Rev, I'm liking it too.

I agree with FRA too. I have the utmost respect for Mexico and what they have accomplished, but the USA and Canada have been in the shadows. I think we need to be more vocal about our support for Alizée, move out of the shadows and get ourselves noticed. And letting the French media know that she is also winning fans over specifically in the USA and Canada IMO would be good press for Alizée.

After all, that’s what the Mexicans have done and it worked for them. As far as I know, they didn't include the USA and Canada in their promotion, nor did I expect them to. Mexico's support is so much higher it should probably stand on its own. We can't expect Mexico to speak for us, nor do they need us to speak for them. It's time to speak for ourselves. That's why I'm also suggesting that we only put "Fans des États-Unis et Canada" on the banner.

rcs
02-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Well, there's an idea. Two seperate banners may draw more interest...the representation of additional countries catching on, maybe. Hmmm...

Edit: Ah! Okay, I misread. Two seperate texts on same banner. Still good idea.

Ruroshen
02-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Guys, I was just making a joke--during the second T@keo recording, there was a running gag about amending 'American' to 'North American', because I'm Canadian. I was continuing with that, but Ben either didn't catch the reference or just didn't think it was very funny. (Hey, they can't all be gems. :o)

I wasn't seriously trying to suggest that we change the plans for the banner whatsoever. Sorry for any confusion.

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
02-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Hello!

I am very interested in helping with the banner. I have enjoyed Alizee for several years now and really love everything she does! AlizeeAmerica does a great job of offering her videos! She has the most wonderful voice!

I own a sign shop in North Carolina and would be interested in donating a banner for your trip! I would love to print it!! Please feel free to contact me about this. I am very serious and think it would be fantastic to do!

Please contact me and we can talk about it! Hope to here from you and happy to get involved!! Alizee Rocks!! I wish everyone knew about her!!!!

Thanks!

Hey, welcome aboard BladeGear!

Could it be possible to have a double sided banner with a quick short message on one side and something a little lengthier on the other?

Roman
02-21-2009, 03:08 PM
After all, that’s what the Mexicans have done and it worked for them. As far as I know, they didn't include the USA and Canada in their promotion, nor did I expect them to. Mexico's support is so much higher it should probably stand on its own. We can't expect Mexico to speak for us, nor do they need us to speak for them. It's time to speak for ourselves. That's why I'm also suggesting that we only put "Fans des États-Unis et Canada" on the banner.Uh, do we really have to keep repeating this?
Yeah, Mexico has it's fan clubs and this is Alizée America. No big deal. You have to call it something and sure, add the Canadians in because they are here contributing to this discussion. That's who is here on this site primarily anyway. Simple.

Ruroshen
02-21-2009, 03:12 PM
You have to call it something and sure, add the Canadians in because they are here contributing to this discussion.

Also because we are thirty-one flavours of awesome. You know it's true. :D

Future Raptor Ace
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
^I agree Rev, I'm liking it too.

I agree with FRA too. I have the utmost respect for Mexico and what they have accomplished, but the USA and Canada have been in the shadows. I think we need to be more vocal about our support for Alizée, move out of the shadows and get ourselves noticed. And letting the French media know that she is also winning fans over specifically in the USA and Canada IMO would be good press for Alizée.

After all, that’s what the Mexicans have done and it worked for them. As far as I know, they didn't include the USA and Canada in their promotion, nor did I expect them to. Mexico's support is so much higher it should probably stand on its own. We can't expect Mexico to speak for us, nor do they need us to speak for them. It's time to speak for ourselves. That's why I'm also suggesting that we only put "Fans des États-Unis et Canada" on the banner.
^I agree
We have to get our two nations noticed

lefty12357
02-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Uh, do we really have to keep repeating this?
Yeah, Mexico has it's fan clubs and this is Alizée America. No big deal. You have to call it something and sure, add the Canadians in because they are here contributing to this discussion. That's who is here on this site primarily anyway. Simple.

Ha, Ha, now you’re repeating it too...:)

Anyway, I think I have a right to express my opinion, even if it’s similar to one previously expressed. Regardless, fan forums like this are filled with repetition, and I doubt if I’m any more guilty of it than anyone else...:p

heyamigo
02-21-2009, 06:03 PM
yeah this is alizee america, and sure add the canadians too.

do we have to keep repeating this? :D

alizeeindia
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Amazing, you all are really great fans and I would be very happy to see Alizee in US. I am from India and this idea of Ben strongly inspires me to do something similar for Indian Fans.

Hats Off to Ben

Dark Engine
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea but how would the contributions be made, paypal?

Ben
02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Looks like we may not need donations after all, thanks to Bladegear's super generous offer to print the banner for free! Shipping might still be an issue, depending on if I can take it aboard a plane or not, but I'll try to cover that myself.

So are we in agreement about the text? Could a native speaker confirm the French? Not that there's much room for errors, but I'd just like to be 200% sure before finalizing the design and sending it off to Bladegear. Thanks everyone! :)

Amigo!
02-21-2009, 09:14 PM
thanks to Bladegear's super generous offer to print the banner for free!

http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/smilies/surprise.gif

Thanks Bladegear

edgar93
02-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Being into this or not, thanks Bladegear :)! That's very nice mate :cool:.

Roman
02-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Amazing, you all are really great fans and I would be very happy to see Alizee in US. I am from India and this idea of Ben strongly inspires me to do something similar for Indian Fans.

Hats Off to BenYeah man! Alizée India! I don't think I will go to India for Alizée. That's just too much. (the flights getting there last time were brutal) But if you have fans, go for it. Hey, there's always Uméesh from the Kolar Gold Fields.

Ben
02-22-2009, 02:32 AM
Very rough test, just to get feedback:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/Snatcher42/LTNY/1defc916.jpg

Amigo!
02-22-2009, 02:51 AM
It looks good Ben. I mean, you're designing it so, do you like it too?

Roman
02-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Sweet Looks great. I'd ask the printer how he thinks it will look at the size you're thinking of though.
I wonder if it could use a little more contrast on the lettering; so, maybe a white shadow instead of black?
So, she's flying to the US... though it does look more like falling. I think it communicates.

Ruroshen
02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Very nice, Ben! I think it achieves exactly what you were looking for.

The only suggestion I have would be to maybe put a bit more space between the URLs, or break them up with a bullet point or a simple graphic of some kind. Otherwise it's perfect.

Well done, sir. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you want/need any help with shipping costs, or whatnot. :D

edgar93
02-22-2009, 03:16 AM

rough test :blink:!? whoa this one is very cool Ben, nice job indeed :cool:. I just want to point out something, I wonder if that red color (in the website's links) will be easily readable and visible to people at a certain distance :confused:?
Well, I guess there is no better color that can fit on the banner's design than red :blink:. Just my thoughts.

Again, nice design :)

Ben
02-22-2009, 03:18 AM
Thanks guys. I lightened the text and added a tilde between the urls, both good suggestions. Keep 'em coming...

Toc De Mac
02-22-2009, 08:34 AM

Nice work!

Just one thing that I would add: Fans des États-Unis et du Canada

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but it's pretty cool regardless: the records look like they form some sort of curving wall (or cliff) that Alizée has jumped off of to take flight.

As a last thought, I think it would look and "feel" better if the pour was simply omitted, leaving "Traverser l'hémisphère..." and instead letting Alizée make the connection.

lowbeam
02-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Looks great Ben. I like how the statement is fervent and yet so simple. We travel the world to see her - it says it all.

Bladegear, thank you. Can you come to Paris to help hold the banner? We're a nice group :p and you'd be very welcome.

heyamigo
02-22-2009, 09:15 AM
heh, no canadian flag?

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
02-22-2009, 09:59 AM
One thing is for sure.... no matter the final configuration, it will be awesome.

Ben and Co., how about add a big Maple Leaf on the right as a background to acknowledge our friends to the north and also add more contrast to offset the "Angel".

Maybe add the words "Notre Angel, aussi!" under Alizée? (Intentional english/french mash-up)

Ruroshen
02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
heh, no canadian flag?

Ben and Co., how about add a big Maple Leaf on the right as a background to acknowledge our friends to the north and also add more contrast to offset the "Angel".

Speaking for the Canadians, I very much appreciate the thought, but I think the banner looks great as is. Americans really do make up the overwhelming majority of her fanbase over here, so I don't have a problem with the imagery being predominantly American. Acknowledging us in the text is more than gracious enough. :D

(Not that I would object to a lil' maple leaf appearing somewhere...maybe in place of the tilde? :p)

OGRE
02-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Looks Great!

Are you still taking contributions?

Ben
02-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Do you mean monetary contributions, Ogre? I don't think we'll need them since Bladegear is printing the banner for free.

As a last thought, I think it would look and "feel" better if the pour was simply omitted
Hmm, not sure. How do others feel?

Also not that I don't trust you TDM, but can we get a second opinion on "et du Canada" too? Just need to be absolutely sure with this! ;)

Bigdan? Garcon?

OGRE
02-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Hmm, not sure. How do others feel?

As for the "pour", we probably should leave it in. Leaving it out might be OK if we were masters of the French language, as it would be obvious we were leaving it out for a reason beyond language. Since we are not masters of the language, it might be interpreted as a mistake instead of a subtle omissions requiring the reader to "fill in the blank".

outlaw
02-23-2009, 12:39 PM
:cool: how bout "america wants to hear the magic of your voice alizee"

Toc De Mac
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Also not that I don't trust you TDM, but can we get a second opinion on "et du Canada" too? Just need to be absolutely sure with this! ;)

Bigdan? Garcon?

Of course! :)

Srbski-kralj
02-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Hija, how is everyone doing?

MAn good to see so many Alizee fans in America and Canada ( cant forget Canada and their baged milk :) ). Anyone Ben I know you replied and said that you dont need donations, but in case you do, just send me a message ill gladly contribute. If you havent figured out already by my user name Im Serbian born, living in hte Stated for 10 years. To be compleatly honest I didnt even know about Alizee until my brother heard about here from the game World Of Warcraft. After that I been glued to the chair watching here videos, (Not in a creapy stalker way) lol. Anyway I think the Banner name and hte quote sounds awesome. I agree with some of others about hte colloring and that it should stand out someway so that, she and the media could see it. It's funny I cant speak or understand Franch but for-some reason I cant stop listening to her songs. Ok ill stop talking now.
P.S Sorry for the crapy spelling.

Svima lakunoc i dovidjena. (To everyone goodbye and good-night)

I dont know if anyone said anything or if even it is a good idea, about putting like angelic, or like Tinker bell wings on here back, Angle wings because its obvious, and tinker bell wings cuz she has a tatoo of tinker-bell on her back. Dont know if anyone said anything about that, just dont bag on me to much its my first day here lol.

Cao i vidimo se sutra. (cya and cya tomorow). Alizee fan: Srbski-kralj

Oh btw im in Akron,OH

Scruffydog777
02-23-2009, 08:45 PM
The banner looks great. It may be a little late for this, but I think it should include the Canadian flag . Look at everything Garconcandien (hope I spelled that right) has done for this forum with his interpretations and French lessons and I know there are other good forum members here from our neighbor up north. I know times an issue so if it's too late to make changes, C'est la vie!

Srbski-kralj
02-23-2009, 08:58 PM
I been looking at the banner, and i noticed that there is room to put a Canadian flag or something in the upper right corner of the banner, maybe like the flag comming out of hte clounds or something like that.

i head something in hte sond mademousel juliet about taking flight or something. i know crappy spelling.

Roman
02-24-2009, 01:28 AM
I dont know if anyone said anything or if even it is a good idea, about putting like angelic, or like Tinker bell wings on here back, Angle wings because its obvious, and tinker bell wings cuz she has a tatoo of tinker-bell on her back. Dont know if anyone said anything about that, just dont bag on me to much its my first day here lol.

Cao i vidimo se sutra. (cya and cya tomorow). Alizee fan: Srbski-kralj

Oh btw im in Akron,OH
hey, as long as you are praising Alizée, I don't think anyone here is going to bag on you.
However, I will suggest that if you want to add another thought before anyone else posts, just edit your post so that you don't have multiples in a row. That's a general rule on all forums.
Thanks also for your ideas.

Ben
02-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, and yes welcome to the forum Srbski-kralj. Though I don't think there's time to add major graphical elements at this point. I'd also rather not ruin the simplicity with another flag, plus am limited by what super-high resolution images are around (the file going to the printer is 65 megs). I wanted to change her shirt to read "I *heart* NYC", but there isn't really time for that either.

Roman
02-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Well, now I'm going to have to go just to see this great banner in person. :P
I hope.

Srbski-kralj
02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Ahh kk, wasent sure how far in hte process the banner was, just thought id throw my 2 cents in. Srry about hte multiple posts Roman, the edit wasent working for me for some appearant reason last night. Who-ever is going to the concert, take some vids, and pics if u can so the rest of us can see it i guess.. lol.

Cao.

bresil
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Greetings from Brazil!!!
This banner is a great ideia. Is it possible to put my country´s flag too? Imagine many countries from the America´s (USA, Canada, Mexico, Brasil, Argentina)?
I am going to Paris just for the show. Any plans for a meeting before the show?

Youpidou1
02-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, and yes welcome to the forum Srbski-kralj. Though I don't think there's time to add major graphical elements at this point. I'd also rather not ruin the simplicity with another flag, plus am limited by what super-high resolution images are around (the file going to the printer is 65 megs). I wanted to change her shirt to read "I *heart* NYC", but there isn't really time for that either.

I actually think it would pop out since she visits NYC every so often and she enjoys herself here. There are a few members including myself from NYC so you can represent the best city in the United States. Kind of like a bonus. Maybe she will do her first concert in the USA in NYC. :p

Topaz
02-25-2009, 10:09 PM

Too bad, I found the (old) Canada/US sig-banner this evening.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/CanUS_Logo.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/skull9jt.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-1-1.gif

I forgot too add I think it looks wonderful. Bravo! :)

Srbski-kralj
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Its to late to make any changes right now the banner is already sent out to be made.

Ben
02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
It's been sent to Blade, yes, but he or I could still probably make minor tweaks until the end of the week. Thanks! :)

rcs
02-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Thank you Blade and Ben.

outlaw
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
how bout :ALIZEE the perfection of music comes to america. maybe?:blink:

OGRE
02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
It's been sent to Blade, yes, but he or I could still probably make minor tweaks until the end of the week. Thanks! :)

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.
-Voltarie

Edit: That's a comment on the effort, not a suggestion for the banner.

Rachelizee
02-27-2009, 10:47 AM
That looks great guys.Fantastic idea and thanks to Bladegear for his generosity.I hope , repeat hope , to be there to see it in person. ;).

P.S. Any chance of a Union Jack flag too ?

Kidding , kidding. :p:p

Bigdan
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.
-Voltarie

Edit: That's a comment on the effort, not a suggestion for the banner.

You mean VOLTAIRE , dont' you? :p