PDA

View Full Version : Wtf only 2 lines??

Tchaikovsky
10-02-2008, 05:16 AM
I'm trying to add something to my sig and i keep getting this message.

"Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines."

Now I tried the same thing with my already existing signature and hit "preview" and I got the same message. So does this mean if I completely erase my current signature, hit save and then try and put it up again, I won't be able to because it'll be too long?

brad
10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
The signatures are getting out of hand a little bit. Maybe 2 lines is a bit much, we can open it up for debate.

Tchaikovsky
10-03-2008, 04:02 AM
The signatures are getting out of hand a little bit. Maybe 2 lines is a bit much, we can open it up for debate.
At the very LEAST you should be able to have ten lines available in your sig. I wanted to put my little 205 x 141 XBL gamertag in my signature and now I can't.

Ben
10-03-2008, 04:30 AM
Ten seems a bit much. Maybe five? Though I think font and image size limits are more important than line number anyway.

Chommpers
10-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah I was starting to get annoyed with the huge font promoting the candidates. Having giant font that annoys me is not a good way to promote your favorite candidate and doesn't look good on you either, forcing people to look at it because you want to make sure its not missed by making it the size of the Eiffel tower is just ridiculous. We can make up our own minds by listening to the candidates not by your giant words about them.

Anyway enough ranting, I think the size should be big enough for a normal sig and maybe a quote or two.

Just a Guest
10-03-2008, 07:02 PM
At the very LEAST you should be able to have ten lines available in your sig.
:blink: Why the hell would you want that?

Ten seems a bit much. Maybe five? Though I think font and image size limits are more important than line number anyway.
5 seems to be more than enough, and limitations on image size (and number as well--->ONE!) indeed!
Common sense would be the best, but self-regulation doesn't seem to work. ;)

Tchaikovsky
10-03-2008, 09:40 PM
but self-regulation doesn't seem to work. ;)
I've always been a great self-regulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

espire
10-05-2008, 01:24 AM
A signature is a signature, not a profile page. I support a 2-line limit.

TheBarrett
10-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Some forums have more severe signature laws.
I'm fine with whatever as long as I can at least put a fair image in.

Ruroshen
10-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Some forums have more severe signature laws.
I'm fine with whatever as long as I can at least put an fair image in.
+1. So long as we're permitted one decent-sized sig image, I'm hip.

Tchaikovsky
10-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Thank you for boosting it to five lines.

lilly
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow!! I've been away for too long I dint even know they changed the limits