PDA

View Full Version : Possible Data Loss / New Server

brad
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Everyone,

There was a little bit of confusion about when our now 'old' server was going offline. It went offline a few hours ago and after speaking with the host, I am unable to recover any of that data. It was not supposed to go offline until the end of October.

Luckily we have a pretty good backup system in place and the last backup was completed around 10:00AM this morning (10/2/08). The loss of data is minimal, but I wanted to let everyone know so there wouldn't be any confusion. Anything between 10AM this morning and right now, is lost. So if you posted the cure to cancer or anything during that time, you may want to post it again.

I want to thank everyone who donated recently. Without their support we would not be on this new server right now. The new server has 10TB (10,000 GB) of transfer, so we will no be able to get the video section rolling again like it should be, and I won't have to worry about bandwidth overages.

I planned to have the rest of the site re-designed before we made the official move, but this has forced me to speed up the process a little bit. The only real change you will see right now is our new 'main' domain. We have switched to alizeeamerica.com. I think this is the best for us in the long run. All other url still point to this site and all old links will work fine.

http://moi-alizee.us and http://alizeeusa.com both redirect here.

More updates later... again, I am sorry about the lost data. Everything considered, it could have been a lot worse.

Brad

TheBarrett
10-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Ah, okay, thought it was just my computer.

Ruroshen
10-02-2008, 11:48 PM
So if you posted the cure to cancer or anything during that time, you may want to post it again.

Dammit! I posted it here so I wouldn't forget it! :mad:

Heh...seriously though, glad to hear that nothing's broken. I was worried for a bit, there. Good call on the domain change, too--alizeeamerica.com is a much more natural fit.

As always, thanks again for all the time, money and hard work you invest in the site, Brad. It really is appreciated.

OGRE
10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
So if you posted the cure to cancer ....

I did I did...it was a monumental post. Change the world, it will.

you may want to post it again.

I forgot it.
:(

Brad, you do a fine job maintaining these boards. I vote we triple your salary.

Edit: Geez Ruroshen, like we're thinking the same thing. I actually posted without seeing what you posted. Kinda weird.

Ruroshen
10-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Edit: Geez Ruroshen, like we're thinking the same thing. I actually posted without seeing what you posted. Kinda weird.
Hey, I thought it was my night to have custody of the brain! :D

mavsluver41
10-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Ah, its back, I can breath again. The absence of you lovely people and your wonderful opinions for even a day is devastating :p.

dreamer
10-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for all the hard work, Brad. You're doing an outstanding job.:cool:

Roman
10-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey Everyone,

There was a little bit of confusion about when our now 'old' server was going offline. It went offline a few hours ago and after speaking with the host, I am unable to recover any of that data. It was not supposed to go offline until the end of October.

Luckily we have a pretty good backup system in place and the last backup was completed around 10:00AM this morning (10/2/08). The loss of data is minimal, but I wanted to let everyone know so there wouldn't be any confusion. Anything between 10AM this morning and right now, is lost. So if you posted the cure to cancer or anything during that time, you may want to post it again.

I want to thank everyone who donated recently. Without their support we would not be on this new server right now. The new server has 10TB (10,000 GB) of transfer, so we will no be able to get the video section rolling again like it should be, and I won't have to worry about bandwidth overages.

I planned to have the rest of the site re-designed before we made the official move, but this has forced me to speed up the process a little bit. The only real change you will see right now is our new 'main' domain. We have switched to alizeeamerica.com. I think this is the best for us in the long run. All other url still point to this site and all old links will work fine.

http://moi-alizee.us and http://alizeeusa.com both redirect here.

More updates later... again, I am sorry about the lost data. Everything considered, it could have been a lot worse.

Brad
Ah, just when I was starting to get over my forum addition ... nah, would've had to loose it a lot longer for that (and alizee-forum too for matter). Anyway, good to see the work is continuing and the forum is back. Vive Alizée et l'Amérique !

Sir Wood
10-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the update Brad.

Too bad about the data loss. So much for the new Alizéeum isotope formula for the production of cold fusion! :(

Chommpers
10-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Ahhh was wondering what happened, thanks for the update Brad. Also good choice on switching the name to alizeeamerica.com