PDA

View Full Version : Alizée ventrilo server

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I just got done setting up a ventrilo server for the Alizée forums

and here is the information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798

everyone here is welcome to join anytime Barrett and I are on there at the moment

and if you don't have a ventrilo set up http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php is a link to download it

Rocket
10-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Now for the next question...what is it?

Idéaliser
10-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Ventrilo is basically a chat room with voice :P You go in and use your mic to chat with others. Similar to Skype or Yahoo Voice or Teamspeak.

Chommpers
10-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Now for the next question...what is it?

Ventrilo also called vent is a program that lets you talk to people over the internet with a microphone. Its is kind of like skype or teamspeak if you have heard of them. It is free for anyone to set up a small server and to join others to talk to people.

*beat me to it Idéaliser*

JCC
10-18-2008, 06:23 PM
its commonly used in gaming for communicating to other people. If you wanna speak to other people on the server, you need a microphone....if you just wanna listen, computer speakers will do. I think i'll pass on this one, though. I like to keep things anonymous as much as possible...and keep my chatting to people i know personally.

But by all means, give it a try if your curious.

TheBarrett
10-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Voice chat program.
Low MB file you can download at

http://www.ventrilo.com

It's a nice way to hear voices. :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Voice chat program.
Low MB file you can download at

http://www.ventrilo.com

It's a nice way to hear voices. :p
anyone can hop on at anytime I will probably be on in the nights during the week and maybe longer on weekends

woohoo
10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
super cool
:):):)

Toc De Mac
10-18-2008, 07:36 PM
I think that I have a microphone buried in some drawer... :)

Rocket
10-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Eh I'll pass

Zack -Alizee Lover-
10-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Eh I'll pass

Pfft :rolleyes: Come on.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Eh I'll pass
you can join the chat too

Plaz
10-18-2008, 08:44 PM
woot im in!

marik
10-18-2008, 08:53 PM
im on it !

Tomtentp
10-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll be sure to drop by at times, I doubt this will be a great success thou due to the many scary-pants *cough*Rocket*cough* :D

edgar93
10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
I think it is better with post:rolleyes:, I mean, this is the soul of the forums, but I will try..:D

SilentFox
10-18-2008, 11:19 PM
AH vent...something that i have not used in a few months, well in on it most of the time! :D

Plaz
10-19-2008, 02:10 PM
i think it went well last night

Idéaliser
10-19-2008, 06:28 PM
*beat me to it Idéaliser*

Mwuahah 1 min earlier xD

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
i think it went well last night
it was a success I think

as long as people keep showing up it will be a good thing

Fish
10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Huzzah, an excuse to pick up a new headset.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Huzzah, an excuse to pick up a new headset.
glad I could be of help to you

Rocket
10-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll be sure to drop by at times, I doubt this will be a great success thou due to the many scary-pants *cough*Rocket*cough* :D

I hate my voice. I sound like a little kid. I still get people asking me if my mommy or daddy is home when ever I answer the phone.

*sings: 'Hey little girl is your daddy home? Did he go away and leave you all alone?'

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-19-2008, 10:32 PM
I hate my voice. I sound like a little kid. I still get people asking me if my mommy or daddy is home when ever I answer the phone.

*sings: 'Hey little girl is your daddy home? Did he go away and leave you all alone?'

don't worry I'll be there to make fun of you if you were worried no one would

(besides if anyone else does give you crap I just happen to be able to ban them:cool:)

mavsluver41
10-19-2008, 11:00 PM
'Hey little girl is your daddy home? Did he go away and leave you all alone?'

Hey, that's what I get on the phone...and I'm a guy :D.

Ruroshen
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Hey, that's what I get on the phone...and I'm a guy :D.
People sing Bruce Springsteen to you when you pick up? That's...odd.

TheBarrett
10-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I hates Bruce Springsteen. :P
Not as much really, just his ballads tend to bore me. Not to mention one should never have 6 hour concerts with THAT kind of music. :D

mavsluver41
10-19-2008, 11:40 PM
People sing Bruce Springsteen to you when you pick up? That's...odd.

Now that I think of it, it is pretty odd :confused:. Although its nothing compared to what they do when I open the door :p.

Tchaikovsky
10-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Get off vent or I'll have you bent.

whitey®
10-20-2008, 12:29 AM

Lol people who phone think I'm my Dad.

Tical 808
10-20-2008, 01:41 AM
My dialect when I talk would probably make it hard to understand me sometimes, so i'll pass on this I think :)

TheBarrett
10-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Don't pass, take the offer.
Jung isn't paying wads of cash for nothing.
If you have an accent, then it's all the better! :p

Personally I find an English or American accent droll...

Tchaikovsky
10-20-2008, 02:51 AM
I want every person written name written down who's on the guild.

Tomtentp
10-20-2008, 05:21 AM

Well that's the best thing about being a girl, you are allowed to be cute, innocent and even a bit stupid (that was nothing personal aimed at you :p).

I hates Bruce Springsteen. :P
Not as much really, just his ballads tend to bore me. Not to mention one should never have 6 hour concerts with THAT kind of music. :D

If you like THAT kind of music im sure 6 hours feel short. Haven't we had this discussion before?

My dialect when I talk would probably make it hard to understand me sometimes, so i'll pass on this I think :)

I hate my dialect, the Swedish dialect. But people always seem to think it's "cool" for some odd reason. Anyway, don't mind your dialect, see it as training. It's one thing to be able to understand and write in english, but quite another to form the sentences and expressions verbally. You might not always get your message across the way you intended it, but most of the time that just adds to the fun :D

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-20-2008, 07:56 AM
hey bud everyone is welcome even if they don't speak English very well or at all for that matter

Besides I know you aren't the only one with an accent bud

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Get off vent or I'll have you bent.

"I've got Balls of Stell!"

I want every person written name written down who's on the guild.

"Its time to kick *** and chew bubble gum......and I'm all out of bubble gum"

MonteCristo
10-20-2008, 08:24 AM
does this work even without a mic?
i mean, i have a recorder on my laptop that can record any noise made while in my room, but can this possibly apply to ventrilo?

ok....that sentence didnt come out as i expected it to

NeverMore
10-20-2008, 08:37 AM
If you don't have a mic, you can still listen to people talk, and even leave comments, but if you can record on your laptop I'm sure it has to have a mic. You should try it out.

I hope everyone remembered push-to-talk :p

TheBarrett
10-20-2008, 07:03 PM
If you like THAT kind of music im sure 6 hours feel short. Haven't we had this discussion before?

Having been to two Springsteen concerts and walking out, I can honestly safely say that half of it is....completely random crud. :p
And on a good day, I attend about 3 concerts, so they've gotta fit my schedule. :p

I hate my dialect, the Swedish dialect. But people always seem to think it's "cool" for some odd reason. Anyway, don't mind your dialect, see it as training. It's one thing to be able to understand and write in english, but quite another to form the sentences and expressions verbally. You might not always get your message across the way you intended it, but most of the time that just adds to the fun

Because perfection is overrated, and I adore flaws.
Also, it's cool to sounds likes the fastests guitarists in alls of deaths metals. :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
does this work even without a mic?
i mean, i have a recorder on my laptop that can record any noise made while in my room, but can this possibly apply to ventrilo?

ok....that sentence didnt come out as i expected it to
yeah if anything you can join the chat room in there that seems to be where most of the action happens anyway

and if not go to your local computer store (bestbuy will work but only if that is your only option) and get a $10 mic and join in on the fun

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
all went well tonight had quite a good turn out tonight

and if anyone has any problems while I am not there just PM me and I will try to work things out

ImRawdg
10-21-2008, 12:53 AM
all went well tonight had quite a good turn out tonight

and if anyone has any problems while I am not there just PM me and I will try to work things out

I agree, I had quite a laugh (you'd have to be there). ;)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-21-2008, 10:47 PM
yet another successful night with only one problem that has been solved

12 people on at one time

Youpidou1
10-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Layith the smackdown on him last night huh Jung?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes Iceguru has been banned for not listening to what I told him to do and trying to go behind everyone's back with different user names after I had told him on more than one occasion not to and to pick his one user name and stick with it and constantly ignoring what I had asked him to do

I have no problem with you guys using different user names but don't use it to spy on others that is not what I made this Ventrilo for I made it for us to have a good time and talk of Alizée and such stuff

so please if you are gonna grace the server with your presence please try to be civil there is some joking around just take it easy none of us are gonna purposely try to anger another we will disagree on some things but that shouldn't change any of our friendships

Basically have fun and don't try to make anyone mad (specially me although I am truly really hard to anger so you shouldn't have to worry about that)

Idéaliser
10-22-2008, 09:48 PM
How's this vent thing working out?

edgar93
10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I havent done anything wrong :confused: actually im not in the ventrilo :D, I dont like my accent. Hey jung, are you paying for this?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-22-2008, 10:30 PM
How's this vent thing working out?

good have about 10 people every night so far

I havent done anything wrong :confused: actually im not in the ventrilo :D, I dont like my accent. Hey jung, are you paying for this?

don't worry about your accent bud there are others with different accents and its all good

and yes I am paying for the server its only $14 a month so its nothing big

Plaz
10-23-2008, 01:52 AM
loved the yugi cards today :D

edgar93
10-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Have you ever seen the yugioh cards of chuck norris:rolleyes:? they are so funny hehe, by the way, there are some funny facts of Alizee like the ones of chuck norris.:p

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/d/d7/New_Picture_%2881%29.png
-Makes gay men straight, gay men looking at this picture right now are unaware that they do not like Elton John anymore.-

TheBarrett
10-24-2008, 10:52 PM
^ You are aware I was the one who wrote that line and about 30% of the article? :p

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-25-2008, 06:03 AM
^aha you should have copyrighted your work

jung_adore_ALIZEE
01-25-2009, 03:30 PM
new vent server information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798

it is up and running

woohoo
01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Awesome jung.:D:D:D

jung_adore_ALIZEE
01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
^well everything should be working now

just have to make my rooms again

JimmyDean23
04-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey Jung do you know how to change the codec on the server? For those of us using a Mac, we cant use vent because Macs don’t support the GSM codec that your server is currently using. They only support the Speex codec, so if its not too much trouble could you change the server to Speex? It should be fairly simple, if you don’t know how then you might check the forums at Ventrilo's website. Us Mac users would really appreciate it.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-22-2009, 12:29 AM
should work for you now then

if there are any other problems just let me know

JimmyDean23
04-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Yaaaa!! It finally works! Thanks so much I hope it wasnt too much trouble.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Yaaaa!! It finally works! Thanks so much I hope it wasnt too much trouble.
I just had to pull down a menu an click on the one you wanted lol

so it was oh so hard

Srbski-kralj
04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Hahahah lol at least now there will be more then 4 guys on the mics lol.

edgar93
04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
^ You are aware I was the one who wrote that line and about 30% of the article? :p

^aha you should have copyrighted your work

for some reason I lol'd this :p Never noticed B's message :p.

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-26-2009, 07:39 PM
does anyone go on Vent anymore

jung_adore_ALIZEE
06-26-2009, 07:42 PM
does anyone go on Vent anymore
from time to time :D

actually right now :D